Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yvonne De Carlo was a Republicunt

De Carlo, a naturalized citizen of the United States, was an active Republican who campaigned for Richard Nixon,[142] Ronald Reagan[143] and Gerald Ford.[144]

A conservative, she stated in a 1976 television interview: "I'm all for men and I think they ought to stay up there and be the bosses, and have women wait on them hand and foot and put their slippers on and hand them the pipe and serve seven course meals; as long as they open the door, support the woman, and do their duty in the bedroom, etcetera."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2019 12:40 AM

The Addams Family was better.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2019 2:24 PM

DIG HER UP! DIG HER UP!

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2019 2:34 PM

Well, no one ever turned to de Carlo for trenchant political insights.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2019 2:38 PM

And... it sounds quid pro quo. He pays the bills and you swallow his nut. I’m down... sex in order to get to lay around and watch soap operas all day maybe cook a little cake or something before dinner at the country club. Why the fuck women gave it up to work for corporations and endure the drama of the workplace is insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2019 2:38 PM

She must have been very proud of her son, Congressman Eddie "Paul Ryan" Munster.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2019 2:44 PM

What a Lily-livered Munster she was.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 2:47 PM

She looks how a Republican would look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 3:43 PM

Or rather, looked.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 3:43 PM

I know I always look to cast members of the Munsters for political and moral guidance...

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 3:55 PM

When you’ve been through Herbert and J. Edgar Hoo-o-o-ver, anything else is a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 4:08 PM

The Republican party was very, very different in those days. The Republicans began their downward slide when Reagan became president and started courting the repulsive evanjellycal "christians." Things snowballed and the party got meaner, nastier and more ignorant, leading up to the shitpile that eventually ended up electing the Orange Turd. Today's "Republicans" are nothing remotely like the pre-1980s ones.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 4:52 PM

Who the fuck cares? Save your righteous indignation for the atrocious beliefs held by people today.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 4:55 PM

Says a woman who had a job.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 5:03 PM

Grandpa Munster was super liberal. Oh to be at that dinner table!

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 5:12 PM

[quote] The Republican party was very, very different in those days.

You mean when they went after Jews and blacks in the government and created the Red Scare? Republicans have always been horrible.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2019 10:15 PM

R1- I liked the Adams Family but The Munsters was FAR FUNNIER. The writing, the acting ( especially Fred Gwynne as Herman Munster) and the production values were superior to The Adams Family

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2019 10:49 PM

Her follies were legendary.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2019 10:52 PM

[quote]Republicans have always been horrible.

Of course they have, r15, and I'm not defending their behavior either then or now. I'm just saying that the 1950s Republicans were actually starting to come around in their arcane thinking when Reagan gave the evanjellycals credence by courting their votes. The religious zealots seized on that acceptance like a dog on a bone, and that's when the party REALLY hit the shitter. The one good thing that came out of the "christian" uprising was that it opened my eyes to just how hypocritical and evil "christianity" is, and I've been an atheist ever since.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2019 11:20 PM

Grandpa ran as a Green Party candidate for Governor of New York and got 52,533 votes.

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2019 12:19 AM

WUXTRY! WUXTRY! READ ALL ABOUT IT!:

In further breaking news, our leading lady Mrs. Laura Keene, I am shocked to say, was a card-carrying member of the Know=Nothing Party! Oh, the brazen hussy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2019 12:24 AM

[quote]And... it sounds quid pro quo. He pays the bills and you swallow his nut. I’m down... sex in order to get to lay around and watch soap operas all day maybe cook a little cake or something before dinner at the country club. [bold]Why the fuck women gave it up to work for corporations and endure the drama of the workplace is insane.[/bold]

I dunno...maybe because so often the men decided to trade the old model in for a newer, dewier one who had no skin in the game, no sweat equity? And the old wife had to sit there and suck on it. No recent job experience, no solo credit history/bank account, etc. Just chucked out like last year's Christmas fruit cake.

Yeah, who in their right mind would trade all that for a college education and their own fucking money?

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2019 12:45 AM

R21 divorce was shameful to most back then... the men stayed and fucked around on the side.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2019 12:48 AM

[quote] Republicans were actually starting to come around in their arcane thinking when Reagan gave the evanjellycals credence by courting their votes.

No they weren’t and Carter is responsible for bringing evangelicals into the White House. Fuck off, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2019 12:51 AM

Spoken like a true 2019 Republitard with a short memory of Reagan sucking up to the evanjellycals.

by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2019 12:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!