Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do so many male models look like they have no sex appeal?

There's like a vacancy surrounding them. There's no THERE there.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 7:25 AM

Because they are supposed to look like mannequins so clothes look good. Clothes are the important thing. For models with sex appeal you have to turn your attention towards bodybuilding categories where men's bodies are the object of admiration.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2019 5:46 AM

Most female model lack sex appeal too. It's their job to look pretty but bland.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2019 5:47 AM

R1 Eh I also find the bodybuilder types to be kinda meh, too plain faced and/or the bodies are too disproportionate looking. I've been turned on the most by gay swimwear/underwear models where they seem the most harmonious.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2019 5:52 AM

What kind of models are you referring to, OP? There are different categories from high fashion to commercial to underwear and swimwear. I'm assuming you mean high fashion, the ones you see in ad campaigns for Prada, Gucci, and YSL.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2019 5:56 AM

Alcohol & Drugs

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2019 5:57 AM

What R1 said. By "models" I'm assuming you mean high fashion models, they're bland and sexless by design.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 6:00 AM

Some current high fashion models.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 6:02 AM

Because you want models to be bland, that way you can fix them up or down.

The ideal male model is 40" chest / 30" waist. You can then pad them up to achieve the fit you want. Same for looks. The blander the better.

When you show clothes you want people to look at the clothes not the model. If the model was too good looking the person who was potentially going to buy would say "So what? You put a garbage on him and it'd look nice." You wouldn't want that.

You want the person to think the clothes are what will make them look nice.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 6:03 AM

Aussie and Dutch model. The blond parties with Michelle Rodriguez.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 6:04 AM

R7 That's another thing that surprises me, the endless tobacco/nicotine promotion.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 6:16 AM

Bland?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 7:21 AM

R11 Those guys are not high fashion models tho.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 7:23 AM

You know a high fashion model I really find revolting to look at? Sean O'Pry. Looks like an emanciated reptile.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 7:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!