Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WEHT Adam Brody?

I know he had a cameo in SHAZAM!, but other than that he seems to have vanished from the face of the earth.

I really wish he would have a nice comeback and be taken more seriously. I find him hot, handsome and talented. Very charming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 16, 2020 5:48 AM

I just saw a trailer for a new movie he's in called Ready Or Not that looks really fun. I'd attach a link to the trailer, but it's super spoiler-y, so you might be better off not watching it. It looks like a mix of Clue, Most Dangerous Game, and You're Next.

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2019 8:01 PM

I've always been surprised that he kinda peaked at The O.C. He was HUGE for the 4 years that was on, but he's never found another role to properly showcase his talents. I might be wrong, but I've always heard rumblings that the 4 main "teens" on the show let the fame get to their heads a bit and the adult cast members were less than thrilled to work with them. Oddly enough, I always found the adult storylines on that show much more interesting. It was like the writers wanted to write a dishy, California soap about adults and just threw in some teenage drama to bring in a younger audience. That's why I avoided the show for years.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2019 8:04 PM

He's still super cute. I have to wonder what happened. I mean, he's kept working which is more than one can say of many other actors who have one hit show and disappear, but nothing major. Maybe he's just too quirky for leading man roles. He had an amusing cameo in Jennifer's Body about a decade ago as the singer in an indie band that makes a pact with Satan.

He showed up in Scream 4 a few years after that and had about 2 lines and made zero impression. They could have cast that role with any day player.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2019 8:06 PM

He’s not leading man material. He’s definitely meant to be the supporting character.

He supposedly became a huge dick while on The OC. I’m sure that didn’t help him any.

Plus he married someone who also became a nightmare and had a huge ego cause of her being on a huge series, Leighton Meester.

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2019 8:12 PM

I enjoyed his role in Jennifer's Body and he also had a role in another movie where Leighton played the lead called Life Partners. I think Mr and Mrs Smith was the biggest thing he did (aside from The OC). I do remember both Cam Gigandet and Tate Donovan talking shit about the main cast. I think Rachel Bilson has done the best out of that bunch. Those 2 were such a cute couple back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2019 4:03 AM

[Quote] WEHT Adam Brody?

I replaced him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 2:11 PM

[quote]He supposedly became a huge dick while on The OC.

Oh, no. He had that huge dick before The OC.

I remember seeing in on Gilmore Girls. I didn't know who he was, but I was entranced by his big dick swinging in his pants.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 3:30 PM

[Quote] Plus he married someone who also became a nightmare and had a huge ego cause of her being on a huge series, Leighton Meester.

Really? How bad are we talking here?

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 4:15 PM

Leighton and Blake’s egos got so big they weren’t even speaking to each other during season 5 of the show for petty shit

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 4:25 PM

R9 that must've been fun for the rest of the cast and crew.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 4:43 PM

I've just recently started watching The O.C. on Hulu and I'm surprised by how good it is. The acting (besides Mischa Barton) isn't half bad and it's well written. It's fun and soapy. Makes you wish you had more fun in high school. Melinda Clarke as Julie steals every scene she's in. Whatever happened to her should be the biggest question. And Peter Gallagher is a hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 5:19 PM

R11 I love Julie.

Season 1 and 2 were amazing. Season 3 is where it goes down in quality and 4 is a travesty.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 5:22 PM

Oddly enough, I remember Julie's material getting better as the show progressed and I found her transformation throughout the show rather moving and interesting.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 5:25 PM

Kirsten: How are you doing Julie?

Julie: I am chewing tobacco, drinking wine from a bottle I unscrewed and if I so chose I could put my home into reverse.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 5:29 PM

R14 LOL! Julie killed me. Seriously, someone get Melinda Clarke on another decent TV show ASAP. Or cast her as Emma Stone's wacky mother in something.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2019 5:32 PM

He was in that poxy show Curfew that aired this spring. Billy Zane was also in it

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2019 6:16 PM

I found out he has a series on Crackle. May check it out.

He started the whole hot nerd thing.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2019 6:17 PM

Leighton Meester and Blake Lively starting beefing during season four. By five they were barely speaking.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2019 6:23 PM

[Quote] Melinda Clarke as Julie steals every scene she's in. Whatever happened to her should be the biggest question.

She did a few CW shows like TVD and Nikita.

[Quote] Season 1 and 2 were amazing. Season 3 is where it goes down in quality and 4 is a travesty.

I actually like season 4 and my hatred of Marissa has a lot to do with that. I also thought Seth was an absolute dick in season 2 and didn't understand why Summer gave him another chance. But yes, Julie had a lot of great one liners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2019 4:39 AM

I liked season 4, too. It was nice to have a break from hot mess Marissa. She started out as semi-interesting, but you can only watch someone fuck up so much before you hope they just kill themselves. I thought her death was a great moment and I'm shocked that so many people were so angry about it. Season 4 felt breezier and lighter in some respects, but I liked that and it was interesting to see Julie try to pick up the pieces.

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2019 5:27 PM

They burned through so many storylines with Marissa. I know it's a soap, but it was a bit much. And it's ridiculous the amount of triangles they had on this show.

by Anonymousreply 21June 21, 2019 12:11 AM

He was great as Jack Lemmon in an episode of Sky TV's URBAM MYTHS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 21, 2019 1:49 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2019 10:56 AM

I always found this guy so insanely hot.

So handsome, a touch of neediness.. perfection.

by Anonymousreply 24June 22, 2019 11:05 AM

Cock me!!

NERDINESS, not NEEDINESS!!!

by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2019 11:05 AM

I'n high school when I was just coming to terms with being a gayling, I was in love with his character on the OC. My first real crush.

So handsome, witty, fun

by Anonymousreply 26June 22, 2019 11:55 AM

Wasn’t he a complete dick in real life? So much so he almost lost the role on The OC?

by Anonymousreply 27June 22, 2019 12:00 PM

[Quote] So much so he almost lost the role on The OC?

Never heard that before. And that would've been difficult to pull off with Ryan living at his house. Their friendship was (in my opinion) the heart of the show.

by Anonymousreply 28June 22, 2019 12:40 PM

I seem to recall the rumor that during the OC days he forced his girlfriend to have an abortion.

by Anonymousreply 29June 22, 2019 12:53 PM

He's a lisping, aged twink heterosexual. What do you expect Hollywood to do with that, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 30June 22, 2019 1:06 PM

[Quote] I seem to recall the rumor that during the OC days he forced his girlfriend to have an abortion.

Rachel?? If true, that's horrible. Although maybe it somewhat explains why she cheated on him with Hayden.

There's also a movie called The Meddler that was written by an ex of his. I always wondered if Jason Ritter's character was based on him because he comes off as a dick in it.

by Anonymousreply 31June 22, 2019 1:16 PM

Didn't Tim Gunn call out Leighton Meester for being a rancid, unprofessional cunt after his appearance on Gossip Girl?

Or was that some other woman (not Blake Lively) on that show?

by Anonymousreply 32June 22, 2019 1:31 PM

WHET

by Anonymousreply 33June 22, 2019 1:33 PM

r32, Tim Gunn said that about Taylor Momsen (Jenny from Gossip Girl), not Leighton Meester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 22, 2019 1:36 PM

Ugh I hate Taylor Momsen. Jenny was awful and her acting was even worse.

by Anonymousreply 35June 22, 2019 1:37 PM

Kind of messy if Taylor was already doing heroin by then.

by Anonymousreply 36June 22, 2019 1:38 PM

The moral is - most starts of teen dramas are (or become) awful people.

I haven't heard anything bad about Ben McKenzie, though. I think he was the oldest of the core 4 on The O.C., so maybe he avoided the drama and was just grateful to be cast as a teen in his mid/late 20's and getting a steady paycheck). I always thought he was kinda quirky cute, too.

by Anonymousreply 37June 22, 2019 6:20 PM

R37 he knocked up his pregnant costar on Gotham and got her to leave him and marry him instead.

by Anonymousreply 38June 22, 2019 6:23 PM

Adam was HOT shit for a while. He was interviewed everywhere. Had a ton of fansites back when those were a thing before tumblr. And he is is very good looking. Not shocking it went to his head.

by Anonymousreply 39June 22, 2019 6:23 PM

He’s what made the “hot nerd” trend happen. Before that it was just bad boys or pretty nice guys or assholes fawned over.

He made the whole “cute nerdy boy” thing happen.

by Anonymousreply 40June 22, 2019 6:25 PM

He should play a gay character. It might elevate his career.

by Anonymousreply 41June 22, 2019 6:28 PM

Absolutely he was the first modern "hot nerd".

He still looms good. Im surprised his career isn't going better. I go see something if I heard he was gonna be in it

by Anonymousreply 42June 22, 2019 6:47 PM

He always looks like he has spent no effort on his appearance too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 22, 2019 6:57 PM

[Quote] he knocked up his pregnant costar on Gotham and got her to leave him and marry him instead.

That shit was hilarious. They announced he was dating, she was divorcing and also pregnant in the span of 3 days. Very weird for someone so private. But I did feel bad for her ex. Who wants to come home and see someone else playing with your kid??

[Quote] Absolutely he was the first modern "hot nerd".

Xander Harris doesn't count??

by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2019 4:36 AM

[quote]Season 1 and 2 were amazing. Season 3 is where it goes down in quality and 4 is a travesty

Different take: Season 1 was a lot of fun. Season 2 was ok, but a big drop off in quality. Season 3 was a mess. Season 4 was an improvement over S3... not as good as S1, but they pulled things together for a good final episode.

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2019 6:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2019 7:50 AM

His face has aged beautifully

by Anonymousreply 47July 11, 2019 7:07 PM

He had a bit part on the season finale of Leighton Meester's ABC sitcom, Single Parents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 11, 2019 7:15 PM

R47 he doesn't look too bad.

R48 that is the face of a man who doesn't have a Ryan Atwood in his life.

by Anonymousreply 49July 11, 2019 9:18 PM

OC reunion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 24, 2019 3:45 PM

[quote]He’s not leading man material. He’s definitely meant to be the supporting character.

People probably would have said the same about Patrick Dempsey.

When Dempsey finally reemerged, he was much hotter. I could see Brody doing something similar if he doesn't go completely off the rails in the next 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 51August 24, 2019 4:07 PM

He was the best part of Ready or Not playing the lush brother of the family.

by Anonymousreply 52August 24, 2019 4:11 PM

Loved him in Ready or Not.

by Anonymousreply 53August 24, 2019 4:14 PM

WEHT WHET?

by Anonymousreply 54August 24, 2019 4:20 PM

John Cusack was the first hot nerd.

by Anonymousreply 55August 24, 2019 4:53 PM

[quote] People probably would have said the same about Patrick Dempsey. When Dempsey finally reemerged, he was much hotter. I could see Brody doing something similar if he doesn't go completely off the rails in the next 10 years.

Patrick Dempsey had already been a leading man.

by Anonymousreply 56August 24, 2019 4:59 PM

Dempsey was a leading man in the 80s and then later

So there’s no comparison

by Anonymousreply 57August 24, 2019 5:33 PM

He really was hysterical in Ready or Not and he gets some of the best lines and probably the best character in general. He has the biggest arc.

by Anonymousreply 58August 24, 2019 6:19 PM

I LOVED Ready or Not. That is my favorite movie I've seen this year. I think Samara killed it as the lead but Adam was also great. And looked hot

by Anonymousreply 59August 30, 2019 12:33 AM

Guess i need to check out Ready Or Not.

by Anonymousreply 60August 30, 2019 8:28 AM

Just saw his latest movie, The Kid Detective, and it's pretty fun, dark comedy take on the film noir genre. There's a brief ass shot when he wakes up naked in a dumpster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 15, 2020 3:50 PM

It is like Adam Brody & Joshua Jackson had the same career path

by Anonymousreply 62December 15, 2020 3:56 PM

r26 I think everyone loved him. His body was perfect for 2000s style. His voice was sexy and he had the perfect amount of body hair. I never had an ounce of attraction to Benjamin Mazkinzee (Ryan). Only during the pilot did he look cute and age appropriate. After episode one, he looked like he was in his late 20s. Marisha's first boyfriend looked like a 25 year old water polo player lol.

what the show really needed was a gay angle. Like the underrated movie, Orange County had with Arlo and Chad. Not that it would have happened during the Bush years.

Chad: Last night we’re at this party, little Arlo here decides to profess his undying love for me. Didn’t I tell you he was a fruitcake?

Arlo: That’s not true, Bro. Here’s what really happened. Chad crashed at my house, right, and I woke up in the night, he was fondling my. . . .

Chad: Dude, I lost my keys. I was looking for ‘em.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 15, 2020 4:14 PM

His performance in the Kid Detective this year has been highly praised.

by Anonymousreply 64December 15, 2020 4:47 PM

R62 Joshua has a few more blockbusters under his belt. And had a resurgence with Fringe.

R63 i preferred Seth over Ryan until you see what a selfish creep Seth was when it comes to Summer. And they had Luke's gay dad in season 1. Then Marissa's "phase" with Alex in season 2.

I'd also have to agree with you on Orange County being underrated. How can you go wrong with John Lithgow and Catherine O'hara. I love that it’s the same house 😄

by Anonymousreply 65December 16, 2020 5:33 AM

He's in the trailer to a new movie called Promising Young Woman. It looks like he plays one of the main character's victims. Hoping for some sexy torture scenes or at least a proper nude scene.

by Anonymousreply 66December 16, 2020 5:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!