Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I spoke to a bro in the lockers rooms, and he spoke back to me, AND HE WAS NICE !!!!!! (holding back the tears of Joy)

I. Could. Cry. Just. Cry. Of... Joy. You know the 51st commandement. # NEVER EVER speak to a BRO- He will not answer, will look down on you, and will signal you to the other Bros as the crazy poofter who made a pass at him, even if you just meant to ask him to stop stepping on your towel ?.... Well, after 3 years of training daily in this club, I found myself in the lockers room with this bro, who really has a GORGEOUS body, I broke the rule, and I talked to him. I knew it was suicide, but I did. I have been away for a while (accident /surgery/recovery) and I told him that I could really see his progress. I knew he would barf and say something humiliating, or just nothing, but I did. And.... He.... Smilied ! He said ' who ? Me ? "and that was the start of a CONVERSATION. He asked about the surgery, said he himself had a dislocated shoulder , and showed me the difference between his shoulders. He was standing close- smelling distance, and actually inviting me to look at his divine naked torso. Turning around, offering himself to my gaze. He is younger, taller, and his shoulders are bigger than my head. I couldn't speak. It's one of the rare instances in my life where I was litterally speechless. I could finally pull myself together and mumble something casual, and he got dressed, and wished me a good evening !!! I could cry. Just cry. Do you think there's any chance it could lead to a blow job ? Or was it just him being perfectly normal and me being incapable of normal social interaction with a friendly guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 27, 2019 11:02 AM

Next time you see him in the locker room, stroke his hair and tell him: "Your girl is lovely, Hubbell!"

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2019 8:38 PM

He felt sorry for you, OP. I would have thought you'd be used to that now you're in your 50s.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2019 8:40 PM

Some beautiful people are nice. Some, but not all. Congrats on reaching beyond your comfort zone.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2019 8:46 PM

I am only 48. Two months short of 49. And this has never happened before. I was always completely humiliated the few times I dared speak to a bro. Thanks R3 I am actually very proud of my courage.

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2019 8:47 PM

OP, he was only nice to you, because he wants you to star in his next snuff film.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2019 8:52 PM

What did he smell like, OP? Did the young alpha pheromones emanating from his virile, sweat-soaked body leave you in a trance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2019 8:53 PM

Did he compliment your bouffant?

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2019 8:56 PM

You know, OP, he’s probably just a nice guy who enjoys talking to people, and some bros are actually not total assholes.

But you’re blowing this out of proportion, especially since he’s probably not even thinking about this conversation at all anymore. Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2019 8:57 PM

We need to help OP plot his next move so this can develop into a lasting friendship.

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2019 9:02 PM

Could it lead to a blow job? Just concentrated on a casual friendship with this man and forget about anything sexual with him. You would probably scare him off. If he's as good as you describe he's probably getting all the sex that he needs.

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2019 9:04 PM

I couldn't say R6. My mind went blank. I couldn't believe he was so close and ASKING me to look at him. I guess they like the attention finally. I have been silently worshipping his butt and legs in the squatting area for 3 years, they NEVER speak to me. They all shake hands, check, joke together, and never bother to aknowlege my existence when I say Hi. They give me the dirtiest looks. But when I had the courage to engage , I really was rewarded. It's a big step for me. I know it sounds stupid, and I am sure he won't remember, but surely these guys KNOW how gorgeous they are. Is there any " bro" sex going on ? Not like intercourse, but maybe the random BJ ?

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2019 9:04 PM

Present your HOLE

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2019 9:06 PM

Oh, I know I couldn't sustain a friendship . 5 minutes of casual conversation was already outside my range. But I will treasure the memory

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2019 9:07 PM

OP, just focus on being a gym friend and having casual conversation. That the guy spoke to you is a good sign that you're now accepted as a serious gym-rat and not as some weirdo there to check out asses and legs. Leave it at that or you'll just look desperate and they'll start avoiding you again.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2019 9:08 PM

The key is to be friendly but not go overboard. A casual "Hey, how's your day going?" will be much better received than "Can I blow you after your workout?".

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2019 9:10 PM

R14 OK ok I see. I understand. How do you guys know the mechanics of such interactions ? Do they speak to you ??

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2019 9:11 PM

You should work to impress him and his muscled cohorts by packing on some extra muscle. Maybe you could graduate to a heavier weight for a certain exercise. Show them you’re a serious gym-goer with some newfound growth in strength.

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2019 9:11 PM

[QUOTE]A casual "Hey, how's your day going?" will be much better received than "Can I blow you after your workout?".

NO! “How’s your day going?” by itself is TOO MUCH. The only thing OP should be saying is “Hey” or “Sup” with the briefest of eye contact and a head nod, all in passing. OP must pretend that their conversation didn’t mean much to him. Let the bro decide if he wants to chat further.

by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2019 9:15 PM

Yes R17 but I tend to be lean rather than bulky, and my shoulder still hurts. These guys are fucking MONSTERS. They are the real thing. One of them is so tall and handsome, his ass is sooo amazing, that I always bite my tongue when he around, in fear of screaming " yummmm". I put more effort in trying not to stare than in lifting. And they are all huge compared to pocket sized me. I couldn't impress them if I died trying. R15 you couldn't imagine how many times I offered to blow a guy randomly. It rarely works well for me. But I am so weak. I adore men

by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2019 9:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2019 9:24 PM

R20 he is much bigger than that, and not that pretty. I am pretty. He's more like a Mark Wahlberg type. But tall

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2019 9:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2019 9:27 PM

Stop comparing yourself to anyone, Soggy, and enjoy the acceptance of a serious crew you can get good advice from. Not everything is about sex, but if you're at least in the mix on the regular you'll get to enjoy looking without lurking.

by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2019 9:29 PM

If you're pretty, let them come to YOU. If you remain aloof and just a tad friendly they may show an interest in you in time.

by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2019 9:30 PM

the issue here is that you think your victory in engaging in normal conversation will lead to a "blow job".

That's creepy. Gay or straight.

Are you insane?

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2019 9:32 PM

He's just boy crazy, R25. A form of insanity and who can blame him? They totally turn him on and he's been watching from a distance for some time.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2019 9:34 PM

R25, you might be surprised to know how often that actually happens. More than you think.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2019 9:35 PM

He wants you. No other explanation.

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2019 9:36 PM

Offer to spot him while you're free-balling. That should do it. Right, Rose?

by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2019 9:36 PM

Your next conversation absolutely must start with “Sup?” That’s just how it’s done.

by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2019 9:38 PM

Yes R22 that's his arms. Oh you guys have no idea. For three longs years I have kept looking down, in the locker rooms, when they were there. I have danced the towel dance, every Day, I have been so good, dressing well in complete Adidas gear, these guys are fucking gods to me. What does "sup" mean ?

by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2019 9:39 PM

The reason bros don't talk to people in locker rooms is because they don't want to be propositioned for sex by creeps.

Most would be happy to converse if they knew the interaction wouldn't go farther. If you want this continue, stop trying to give him a blowjob

by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2019 9:40 PM

'Sup comes from "What's up?"

Nowadays, it's bro speak for "I'm DTF (down to fuck) but no homo."

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2019 9:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2019 9:42 PM

Yes R34, they are kinda like that, but more natural looking, less roïded up. He told me this is a good club with serious athletes , that's why There's steady progress. And R27 REALLY ??? OH please, details. And thanks R26 it's true. I am boy crazy. I just adore men and enjoy giving them pleasure. You have no idea what I am capable of for that purpose, it's scary. But I really try to be decent.

by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2019 9:50 PM

Please tell me that this is satire?

by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2019 9:57 PM

This will likely end with a gay bashing. OP, I hope you carry pepper spray!

by Anonymousreply 37June 18, 2019 10:00 PM

Why YourMillennialFriend ? What's wrong with it ? Everyone here is supportive and friendly, so I think you need to calm down ho-ho ho-ho ho-ho ho-ho (HO)

by Anonymousreply 38June 18, 2019 10:00 PM

It won't end with a bashing if it's handled gently, like how OP wants to handle gym bro's balls.

by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2019 10:01 PM

They seem to be a really friendly bunch from afar. What amazes me, is the homoerotic stuff going on. Guys helpings each other but not paying attention to the girls, comparing muscles, showing off, posing in front of mirror. It's a wet dream. How does it work ? Surely there is some "dude action" they can't be that deep in denial.

by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2019 10:06 PM

This is an EST post btw. Suckers.

by Anonymousreply 41June 18, 2019 10:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2019 10:14 PM

Yes R42 that's what I mean here, but many of them are more butterface than babes. Also there are ' duos'. And they NEVER shower in the clubs the Bros, or sometimes an older bro will, but will enter the cabine with his underwear. And no R41, this is not EST. I sometimes post fiction, for entertainment purpose, but it's always based on realty, and I have a real life too, and this is it

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2019 10:22 PM

I am Enjoying this Sassy Tale.

by Anonymousreply 44June 18, 2019 10:23 PM

Why do you guys pretend to believe that EVERYTHING is EST ? Don't spoil my evening, bitches

by Anonymousreply 45June 18, 2019 10:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 18, 2019 10:31 PM

I am DEFINITELY going tomorrow. For now I'll have my Whey and go to bed. (TBH, I didn't train today, I went to the step class instead. Cyril is the hot New coach, and he's lovely.)

by Anonymousreply 47June 18, 2019 10:36 PM

R47=me, Soggy B. Thanks for your wise advice, sleep tight

by Anonymousreply 48June 18, 2019 10:37 PM

I've been working out at a gym for over ten years. I am friendly with the bigger guys. They ask me for a spot. They'll ask me if I need a spot. They know I'm gay, but I have never overtly brought it to their attention. They respect me, and I've learned you can have deeper friendships with these guys if you don't give them a clue you are thinking sexually about them. So I see them up close and personal on a daily basis. I get to enjoy looking at them, what a motivation to get to the gym everyday. I've been to two of their weddings. One of them asked me to look at his legs before a contest. I didn't know he was going to strip naked in the locker room to do it, but he was all business. I couldn't help looking at his cock and his really big bush, but I kept the comments to his legs. A year later I teased him about it; he told me he knew he could trust me not to refer to him sexually. He even asks me when I'm going to get a husband.

Bottom line, be a friend. Don't read into something. No matter your relationships, someone had to initiate the conversation. If someone snarls at you, you know where you stand. So you can focus on others who appreciate your presence. You'll actually talk about other things beside weightlifting.

by Anonymousreply 49June 18, 2019 10:52 PM

OK R49. But.. Really you never can have any more fun than that ? No worshipping ? No cocksuking in ten years ? And he stripped naked ? Where do you live. I am in a very small Town, I can't see any of them doing that. It's considered very bad form to even be naked under the towel.

by Anonymousreply 50June 18, 2019 11:13 PM

I think you need to move away from that small town, R50. There are many people in the big cities who foster true friendships with their gay friends, and visa versa. There are many bodybuilders who are engineers, lawyers, research scientists, surgeons, even opera singers. Most are not boorish. Most don't bodybuild to attract gay men. They also don't want other men leering after them.

If there is any cocksucking or worshipping going on, it's between two consenting adults, and most people would be hesitant to brag or allude to it. What's wrong with having a friend who is gorgeous, well built, intelligent and you don't want anything beyond that friendship?

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2019 11:37 PM

Oh I don't know. Platonic friendship with a gorgeous nice guy ? I am too sexual for that. I think I prefer casual sex with a less attractive guy.

by Anonymousreply 52June 19, 2019 12:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 19, 2019 12:48 AM

Seems like you're doing everything right, Soggy. Let us know how tomorrow works out.

by Anonymousreply 54June 19, 2019 1:57 AM

[quote]This is an EST post btw. Suckers.

What difference does it make?

by Anonymousreply 55June 19, 2019 4:24 AM

Well said, R51.

by Anonymousreply 56June 19, 2019 5:25 AM

R53, yes there are guys like that. It's like being locked in the candy store. The girlfriends are not all that btw. Over made up blond little things with little dogs. Not that pretty. I wonder what the sex life is like ?

by Anonymousreply 57June 19, 2019 7:03 AM

Update. The perks of living in a tiny teeny Town. I went early, and the club was pretty empty. Did my set and went to the locker rooms. When I had finished showering, who comes in but mr. Asshole, The married guy who I've cumdumped for twice lately. And who never returned my text after I asked about his STD's status. His face dropped, so I am starting to wonder who he's married to. I always assumed it was a guy, but now I'm not so sure. I played it really cool and ignored him too, but now I want him to come over (my face) after his session, which I know will not happen. Of course, we go to the same club, it's not like there are that many options ! No wonder he has such great legs. He was hot. I was turned on. I still left without any interaction, and once in my garage I thought I had forgotten my Phone there so I had to go back and ask the staff. Mr. Asshole was on the treadmill. I avoided eye contact in case he would , (wishful thinking) and there was another set of Bros, that I had not seen before, but they were younger, trashier and the cunty type. I said "bye" and they didn't answer. I hate that. Anyway now I am so stressed out that I can feel my hemorroïds calling. Shit. If mr. Asshole decides to give me a fuck, I can't take it. Whatever

by Anonymousreply 58June 19, 2019 10:42 AM

Barf?

by Anonymousreply 59June 19, 2019 12:41 PM

OP, your post is so sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 19, 2019 12:51 PM

Being nice, good manners and engaged in the world tends to produce good vibes all around. Also make life pleasant- for yourself. Bros are humans.

by Anonymousreply 61June 19, 2019 1:30 PM

I was afraid of them all my life.

by Anonymousreply 62June 19, 2019 2:00 PM

All of you are idiots. You have no idea about living in the normal world. People are not thinking about gay sex 24/7. Get a life. All of you.

by Anonymousreply 63June 19, 2019 2:21 PM

I payed attention to their feet. Unlike the rest of their bodies, that inspire fear and desire , their feet are sweet soft little white things like mine. So they are humain after all. They are my brothers too. Oh, the love

by Anonymousreply 64June 19, 2019 3:20 PM

I really hope this is an EST, otherwise it's too sad to contemplate OP's daily existence.

by Anonymousreply 65June 19, 2019 3:49 PM

I'm not trying to give OP false hope here however, I blew a much younger bro type several times over the period of a couple of months at the local YMCA. He was at least 20 years younger than me, lean, but muscular and naturally smooth. It all started out casual enough, conversations about work, small talk, etc., but after a week or two I started to think that maybe there was potential there. He was always naked in the steam room and would walk around "stretching" a lot. He sat with his legs spread, cock out. After a couple of weeks, we usually worked out at the same time a couple days a week, I decided to test him. I touched myself a couple of times and he did the same. I was apprehensive about being more forward, I didn't want to get beaten up or reported to the front desk. The next time we were in the steam room together, it was the usual small talk, showing off and touching ourselves. Finally, he fisted his cock a couple of times, but didn't make any eye contact. I was about 60% sure that he was interested in getting off. We went out to cool off a bit and when we went back n, I sat beside him, close, stretched a bit myself and let my hand come down on his. I pulled away and apologized. He said it was fine, , so I moved my knee against his. He didn't flinch. He took his cock in his had and laid it across his hip in my direction. I reached for it, asked if it was ok, it was, and started stroking him. He stood up, I took him in my mouth and he came in a couple of minutes. This continued for a couple of months before he took a job in another town. I miss those mornings.

That being said, I have plenty of other bro type gym friends that I know will never go there. Be cool and see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 66June 19, 2019 6:18 PM

I hear if they haven't had their ass licked before it is MIND BLOWING!

by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2019 9:16 PM

Seriously OP. You must have a really low self esteem. If you can’t love yourself....you know the rest.

by Anonymousreply 68June 19, 2019 10:27 PM

Dear R68, I am not looking "love" sweetie. I am looking for sex. Say Hi to snow White and santal for me

by Anonymousreply 69June 19, 2019 10:48 PM

"for" love. Sorry. Grow up R68

by Anonymousreply 70June 19, 2019 10:52 PM

You sound like a pathetic loser, OP.

by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2019 10:56 PM

Oh poor R71... Are you gonna cry ?

by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2019 10:59 PM

Why would I, r72? You're the one who appears to have a hormonal imbalance, not me.

by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2019 11:02 PM

Did you find "love" in you life ? With all your great self esteem and wonderful sensibility ? No ? What a surprise ! Try again dear, never, never stop. One day you will find mr. Right. Now fly away, Angel, on your pretty Pink cloud, bye bye little love bird

by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2019 11:03 PM

Manners costeth nothing.

by Anonymousreply 75June 20, 2019 12:18 AM

Except for the blow job, R66 sounds like the last few days I've had at the gym as well. It's been a fun week.

by Anonymousreply 76June 20, 2019 2:48 AM

Good on you, R76. May be the blow job is yet to come. The best part of it was the Y is not really a place to cruise. Ours just doesn't have that vide. This had never happened before or since. Some other gyms on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 77June 20, 2019 5:50 PM

I'll shock you all, but our gym DOES NOT HAVE A SPA. It's very catho-catho small town/village. The Bros don't even showers there anyways. They get fresh clothes and take their sweaty smelly bodies home for the wash. "We don't want to appear fagotty-fagotty, we real men, we keep ourselves to ourselves". Sweet.

by Anonymousreply 78June 20, 2019 6:45 PM

Saw my bro today. He was cute. Never noticed he is the cutest of the Big White Bros. Some are bigger, scarier and more handsome, but he is cute. Got out of his way to shake hands. Half a dozen of ex-hostile Bros have sort of nodded and grunted at me today (=Hi in broland). I am semi-accepted. When do those bitches bitch about other club members ? They don't even shower in there.!Do they have special "bro" meetings ? Anyways I am feeling good about this. Plus there was a big guy who turned me down on Grindr in the locker rooms and I could tell he liked me better IRL.

by Anonymousreply 79June 21, 2019 7:49 PM

I'd tread very carefully, Soggy B. If the other bros notice you are targeting your bro, they will tell your bro they have noticed. Your bro may then choose to force a split from you, in any way he chooses, to prevent a wedge between him and the other bros. It may be a violent split. Just be very careful.

If he wants to pursue any sort of relationship with you, it is probably best to meet at a restaurant or club in a nearby city to sufficiently hide him from his bros. You can go from there.

I'm 60 years old and was a bodybuilder for more than 25 years. I've worked out in some very small towns in my travels. I've heard stories. You're in a small town. Unless things have changed, people will talk. It won't be positive for you.

by Anonymousreply 80June 26, 2019 11:12 PM

Sounds french.

by Anonymousreply 81June 26, 2019 11:37 PM

Soggy from Rimouski?

by Anonymousreply 82June 26, 2019 11:59 PM

Soggy, the bro's flex for each other and joke around because they are establishing the pecking order. The flexing, bragging and talk is all to establish who is the alpha

Every animal does it. You're mystified because you are in no danger of vying for that title so you don't understand how that sort of thing works.

They aren't flexing and preening for your sexual enjoyment. They are doing it for each other. No homo. (But you can watch as long as you aren't obvious or crass about it).

by Anonymousreply 83June 27, 2019 12:59 AM

All of you in this thread seem to revere this emotionally stunted “bro” type. How extremely sad.

by Anonymousreply 84June 27, 2019 7:29 AM

R60-What's SAD is her hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 85June 27, 2019 11:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!