Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul's New Daytime Show - this Is Just Bad

What's the purpose of this show again? This is a definite Miss-step on gay culture and activism. Obnoxiously scripted and aimed at fraus.

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2019 4:52 AM

So anybody know the ratings?

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2019 5:48 PM

It's free and they still can't give it away. It was nice of Paula Abdul to give him an hour of her time.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2019 5:53 PM

He had a talk show a million years ago when he was hitting the mainstream that failed also

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2019 5:55 PM

Stay with and focus on Drag Race only - thank you very much!

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2019 5:57 PM

Ru's career has exploded the last few years, winning 3 Emmys in a row for Drag Race is pretty phenomenal. And now 4 new shows coming out, Drag Race UK, this talk show, "AJ and the Queen" (scripted comedy/drama for Netflix) and a Netflix miniseries about Ru's pre-fame life in NYC. Just before all this current success he'd announced he didn't think he'd ever go mainstream, and then the world proved him wrong.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2019 6:01 PM

He's a sellout and an egomaniac. If he hasn't figured out that the world ONLY wants to see him in DRAG, he soon will. He has nothing else of interest to contribute. His limited intelligence and worldview is old age, new age psychobabble. And self promotion.

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2019 6:06 PM

I'm sure I'd like this show, it's just in a few test markets currently. Ru made his living as a host for years on the radio with Michelle, he's good at it. His and Michelle's podcast is the best celebrity interview podcast I've found.

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2019 6:08 PM

She is quite dull and stupid without her wig and accessories.

by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2019 6:10 PM

There are full episodes on YouTube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2019 6:15 PM

His show is available for free on YouTube everyday. On WoW R7. It's terrible, he's terrible and his guests are terrible.

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2019 6:15 PM

Thanks r9, I've followed Ru since the start. If you're right r10, I'll happily admit it. But I think I'm just more of a fan.

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2019 6:19 PM

Ru is bit too grand fro me. Ever notice he is pigeon-toed?

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2019 6:56 PM

It’s fun and playful. Daytime entertainment. Very much an extension of his podcast.

The editing is a bit jerky, but I’ll watch.

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2019 6:58 PM

Enjoy it R13. It will be over in about 3 more weeks.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2019 7:00 PM

He's spreading himself thin. But the show is fine.

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2019 7:12 PM

If you think Drag Race has been watered down in recent years, then this show will drive you mad. It is by no means excellent, but I hope it gets picked up. I'd still rather see Ru on daytime TV than some other frau suck up. I don't think it has really caught it's groove yet but I imagine that would only happen if it lasts. The audience hasn't been too energetic either which doesn't help. The dog contest seems to have been their most energetic lol.

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2019 7:32 PM

I think Ru wants to retire as a talk show host, after Drag Race goes off, or after he leaves it. But it looks likely the show will survive for many more seasons. After Drag Race, he says he'll have no reason to do drag and won't ever dress up again (he hates it, the clothes are uncomfortable.)

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2019 7:41 PM

This is so much better than Wendy Williams.

What I like most about it is that it’s positive. Most, if not all, daytime stuff is trashy and negative.

by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2019 7:44 PM

Ru actually mentioned Wendy bores him on his podcast. Just in passing, he wasn't going after her. He says her gossip is boring low-hanging gossip like celebrity couples having a baby or whatever. Gossip as bland and boring as the weather.

by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2019 8:04 PM

He and Billy Porter would be perfect for my new film! Two pussyhounds trolling NYC after hours. Sign them!

by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2019 8:10 PM

His old talk show was boring too. Maybe he’s just boring.

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2019 8:14 PM

His old talk show on VH1 did suck. Even despite having a lot of singers on I had always liked. But you could tell it was done cheaply, that didn't help. A hit nighttime talk show has a big staff and budget. Without that, you're going to get something second rate. It was a niche show made for a small niche audience.

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2019 8:30 PM

He is NOT a nice person.

by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2019 8:50 PM

R23 most famous people aren't. The show is ok, but nothing to write home about

by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2019 9:02 PM

I saw him interviewed on The View recently and he seemed like he was searching for the right word more often than not. That does not bode well for a talk show host.

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2019 9:03 PM

Damn y’all are very harsh. Even more harsh on your own. No shock there DL.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2019 11:37 PM

RuPaul is not one of my own. He's a race traitor and a man who takes no part in gay activism. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2019 11:58 PM

R27 might be The Victim, er ... The Vixen.

by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2019 12:34 AM

Why, R27? Is it because he's married to a white guy?

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2019 2:03 AM

Ha so just become someone is gay they have to be an activist for it or they are a traitor? Hmmmk

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2019 3:27 AM

He's a race traitor is what I said. Clearly. I have no feelings about him as a gay man because he isn't really a man, is he? And he's not really married either. Most gay men that are married are fake married and RuPaul is fake married. If you only knew. Enjoy his daytime drool & drivel R30. It will be cancelled before you have a chance to respond to this.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2019 3:20 AM

Can you back up your claim about him being a traitor?

What do you base that on?

If you cannot back that kind of thing up, it just makes you look bitter and like you don’t have much else to offer.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2019 4:16 AM

Ummm, he’s a gay black man leading 4 different shows. He is doing more activism in a single episode than you will do in your whole life.

And as for the racists accusations, which are cheap, he has just as many black people on his podcast as white people. He promotes their careers constantly, and is always singing the praises of Motown and the black culture of his era.

By the way, not every black person has to be the exact same cookie cutter people who only exclusively echo each other and are forbidden to express any type of independent thinking and or freedom to be themselves.

Anybody who is trying to tear down gays just for kicks is not a friend to the community. There is no good reason for it.

There is always one who can’t just criticize the show, but has to lash out as if Rupal himself personally slighted you. Give it a rest.

Unless he personally slighted you, then you should be thanking him. The only person who is a traitor here is you. Anytime a minority group breaks through to prime time, there has to be that one that goes kicking and scream.

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2019 4:26 AM

Does he need the money?

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2019 4:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!