Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fatal attraction killer Carolyn Warmus to be set free

I had all but forgotten about this case from the 80s. She makes Betty Brodrick look sane. Jail has not been kind to her. Can you imagine? She's probably never owned a cell phone or heard of Justin Bieber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2019 1:20 PM

Here's a recap of her case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2019 12:19 PM

She's never heard of that LESBIAN Justin Bieber-That's a GOOD thing.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2019 12:29 PM

She's so crazy, should be placed in a psyche hospital a few years before returning to her family though.

She attended the University of Michigan, where she drifted into a series of unsuccessful romantic relationships. There was an element of obsessive behavior in her dealings with men. Warmus had a history of stalking boyfriends and hiring private detectives to determine their whereabouts. One of her former boyfriends, Paul Laven, obtained a restraining order against her after Warmus waged a relentless campaign to win him back. She called him and his fiancee and left messages on their answering machine, contacted their friends, and deluged them with notes, including one that falsely claimed Warmus was pregnant with Laven's child.

After graduating with a degree in psychology, Warmus moved to New York City. She hired a private detective, Vincent Parco, to trail a married New Jersey bartender when he lost interest in her. Soon after, she earned a master's degree in elementary education from Teachers College, Columbia University and landed a job in September 1987 at the Greenville Elementary in Scarsdale, New York. Here she met colleague, mentor, and soon-to-be lover Paul Solomon, a fifth grade teacher, and his family, wife Betty Jeanne and daughter Kristan. Carolyn became a role model and big sister to Kristan and she would buy her expensive gifts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2019 12:44 PM

What a fucked up loser!

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2019 12:46 PM

She had a degree in Psychology. Of course she had a degree in psychology.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2019 12:59 PM

At least she killed a fish and not a man.

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2019 1:07 PM

Once she gets up to speed on technology, she'll save a bundle on PI costs.

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2019 1:10 PM

It's not just male mass shooters who have terrible, terrible hair.

by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2019 1:13 PM

[quote]Warmus had long maintained her innocence — insisting at her first parole hearing that she “was found guilty because of the media attention and the publicity.”

I thought that most parole boards required that people admit their guilt and demonstrate contrition regarding their crimes - or is that just some melodrama for movies that I'm remembering and not real world.

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2019 1:44 PM

She seems perfectly normal to me...

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2019 2:05 PM

What!!?? This bitch gets to go free??

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2019 6:15 PM

She's a combination of the psychos in both Fatal Attraction and Basic Instinct. I wonder if her millionaire parents are still alive or if she has inherited their money?

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2019 7:28 PM

R3: What Lena Dunham would look like if she started throwing up instead of eating.

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2019 7:35 PM

I can't understand justice in this country! She should have got life sentence w/o parole like most murderers'

she's evil & will do it again. Lookout guys-she's out there looking for you!

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2019 7:41 PM

She is going to be a force to be reckoned with once she gets the hang of social media. Very few people knew what the internet was back in the 80s. All she has to do now is search Google to find another victim. I hope the woman she murdered doesn't have any children. Hopefully, she has sworn off men for good.

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2019 10:08 PM

"She makes Betty Broderick look sane " . Lol she really does. She looks crazy in the nypost photo.

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2019 1:57 AM

It was a sensational trial at the time. There was even a glove presented as key evidence, just like in the O.J. trial years later. Check out the padded shoulders on the female newscasters in this video. They were definitely chaneling some Krystle Cartington realness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2019 2:42 AM

R11 in all seriousness, Betty is probably less of a risk for release. This woman strikes me as a person who absolutely could do this again. I don't understand why they decided to release her.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2019 11:54 AM

Do you think she continued this behaviour in prison? I can see her manipulating the hell out of the other prisoners in her cell block, especially in her younger days.

And what happened to the husband of the victim? Is he sorry he ever laid eyes on Carolyn, or is he glad she did his dirty work for him?

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2019 12:09 PM

R19 interesting questions,I'm not sure what the deal with her husband was or what she was like in prison.But one thing is for sure: her facial expressions are chillingly insane.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2019 12:13 PM

The first thing she'll search on Google:

Paul Solomon scarsdale

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2019 12:42 PM

I'm calling it now. Guaranteed she'll pick up where she left off and be back in the headlines in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2019 12:58 PM

Agree, R19/22. And it's not like the stalking and harassment penalties will deter her.

When she does it again, I hope she manages to pick someone who CC and shoots her, first. Psychos like this never get "well".

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2019 1:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!