Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Los Angeles’ most famous deli kicked out a lesbian couple for kissing

"I don’t care if, say, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were making out, I’d stop them, too," says the restaurant owner.

LAistas, will you boycott Langer's?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2019 7:17 AM

[quote]"I don’t care if, say, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were making out, I’d stop them, too,"

Well, of course he would.

Miscegenation is as bad to those people as gay people are. Actually, probably worse.

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2019 1:58 AM

[quote]"I don’t care if, say, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were making out, I’d stop them, too,"

The bastard is trying to backpedal now. He told the couple "other customers won't understand", which is definitely something you'd say to a straight couple, sure. Let's see how his business fares when only the deplorables of L.A. come in to eat.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2019 2:01 AM

Read the article. I believe his position and the lesbian couple do sound like they were looking for a fight.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2019 2:03 AM

What's news to me is that Langers is LA's most famous deli.

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2019 2:04 AM

Ah, bigotry rears its ugly head again.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2019 2:09 AM

Actually, Langer's is considered #1 in the US for their pastrami. The rest is pretty much standard Jewish-style deli food.

I guess the irony was lost on the lezzies.

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2019 2:10 AM

Langer's.

Come for the pastrami. Stay for the lady ham.

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2019 2:26 AM

They probably raised a stink because there was no lady ham on the menu.

by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2019 2:27 AM

At $20 bucks for a sandwich, I don't want to see that!

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2019 2:28 AM

PDA is always tacky.

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2019 2:29 AM

There is no good reason to maul one another in public.

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2019 2:31 AM

I hope the busboy wiped that vinyl booth down very well after the cunts left.

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2019 2:35 AM

When people go out to eat they don't want to see couples being affectionate towards each other. It isn't the time or the place. Doesn't matter if they are het or lez or gay couple. People just don't want to see public displays of affection. There's no reason for kissing in a deli or restaurant unless you are emotionally stunted, looking to piss people off. People just don't want to see it and it can be especially awkward if they have children with them. Get a fucking room. No one cares that you are in love. These two attention-seekers aren't teenagers who didn't know any better. Time to grow up already.

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2019 2:36 AM

Unfortunately, these days, if the owner really was a bigot, he'd wear it proudly. I find it very hard to believe that they simply "shared a kiss" and were ejected for that.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2019 2:38 AM

I this had been a Muslim Deli this thread would have over 100 replies by now.

Just goes to show that not only Muslims and Christians are bigots.

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2019 2:52 AM

She said, "This space is unsafe for LBGT people" and then said she'd be sure to warn others. Warn them about what? If they had avoided childish, selfish behaviors they would be safe there. It's not "an unsafe space" for gays or lez women.

I don't think it was a quick kiss that others barely noticed or didn't notice at all. I think they were being inconsiderate and think the world revolves around them. Now they are going to badmouth this popular place when they brought this shit on themselves. Don't kiss in an establishment like this (other than maybe at a bar) and you won't have a problem. Simple. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2019 2:55 AM

I tried to find a picture of these dykes. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2019 3:05 AM

Bigotry by Jews.

by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2019 3:06 AM

Did they order the lox or whitefish?

by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2019 3:10 AM

Just eat your food and go get a room. Traumatic??? Please. You go Mr. Langer. They were just jealous that you had a walker talkie and they wanted one.

by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2019 4:04 AM

r13 you're right, but the point is not that, it's is there equal enforcement?

It's a grey area, because it's 50/50 he's being honest, and unless anything comes out about hets doing it with no problem, we'll never know for sure.

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2019 4:56 AM

There's something fishy about this story.

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2019 5:04 AM

[Quote] most famous

LOL!!!!!! SURE, JAN !!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2019 5:08 AM

"I'll have what she's having."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2019 5:14 AM

Langer's is in the barrio. They are still disowning their kids for being gay.

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2019 5:20 AM

Who cares about some lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2019 5:21 AM

dykes vs. pastrami............ Pastrami always wins.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2019 5:36 AM

Langer's has been around before it was a shitty area. In fact, if it wasn't for the Metroline they would have closed because people were afraid of the neighborhood. Plus, the dad was smart enough to buy the building and later a parking structure so no worry about rent increases.

These dykes got their 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2019 5:40 AM

I don't know who decided that r6 but I've have pastrami in several delis in Los Angeles. The very best pastrami is at a little deli called Marv's on Magnolia and Whitsett. It may not be there anymore due to gentrification.

Next best pastrami is at Greenblatt's on Sunset.

Langer's is okay, Art's deli is okay, never thought Canters was great but everyone said it's a must stop kind of like Pink's hot dogs.

by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2019 5:51 AM

R29, it was Nora Ephron who said it was the best pastrami in the world, and that along with the area improving brought it back to the forefront. That, and pretty much every chef/foodie/magazine.

I've been to every Jewish-style deli in LA multiple times, and Langer's pastrami and double-baked rye is the best.

The rest of their offerings are standard. You can do much better at Nate N Al or Brent's, and it's less expensive as well.

BTW, none of these places are kosher. They are Jewish-style.

by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2019 6:12 AM

Canter's has great waffles...

by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2019 6:21 AM

Southwest Airlines does this, too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2019 6:23 AM

Who ordered the tongue?

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2019 6:26 AM

Probably Langer's didn't want their seats to get all wet and sloppy from something oozing from their vags. Just think about other customers who had to sit there afterwards. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2019 6:30 AM

Langer’s has, hands down, the best pastrami in LA,. Like buttah.

by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2019 6:34 AM

Langer's vs Katz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2019 7:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!