Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HBO official euphoria thread

by Anonymousreply 506February 3, 2022 9:49 PM

This much drugs with high school. Really?

by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2019 2:08 AM

I thought Zendaya was anti-drugs?

by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2019 2:09 AM

Cute clothes on this show!

by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2019 2:11 AM

Are teens this evil?

by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2019 2:15 AM

Why are all the boys shirtless preparty?

by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2019 2:31 AM

Some pretty fucking hot dudes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2019 4:19 AM

So disappointed. This is gross adults' fantasy of what high schoolers are like. It's as much masturbatory fantasy as John Hughes just on the Larry Clark side of things.

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2019 4:21 AM

I’m five minutes in and Zendaya’s vocal fry is getting on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2019 5:57 AM

Why are there white people talking like black people? God, what white trash! No wonder Zendaya got addicted to drugs.

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2019 6:08 AM

So which characters know the blonde is trans? Dominant Daddy, fat friend, football stud, Zenyatta Mondatta? Zenyatta knows right because of the bulge in the panties when they were in bed at the end?And is Dominant Daddy into trans or just anal. The fingers in the mouth were hot!

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2019 6:14 AM

R9 you’re seriously slow. Or old as fuck.

Welcome to 2019.

by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2019 2:40 PM

R11, it makes me understand why people voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2019 2:00 AM

R12, you’re fucked in the head.

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2019 4:47 AM

The show was utterly boring they are have not even show Erica Dane nude properly

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2019 11:37 AM

Damn, so many dicks on episode 2. The big reveal was rather obvious though. I'm loving the edginess of the show, it's hot (everyone is of age), dark, and uncomfortable. Rue is the most boring character or maybe I just don't like the actress. Either way, I'm keeping my GOT HBO Now just to support this show against the faint of heart.

I predict HBO will sadly pull the plug before season 2.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2019 3:14 AM

Looks like episode 1 was a hit, or HBO is trying to create buzz. Let's see if they maintain the viewership.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2019 3:23 AM

This show is addictive as hell. I'm normally not that impressed with late millennial/Gen Z teen movies/shows, but this is really good. Some of it feels pretty realistic, too (particularly the fanfiction stuff).

by Anonymousreply 17July 12, 2019 12:02 AM

Previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 15, 2019 12:20 AM

Episode 3 still stands a highlight that I'm not sure they'll ever surpass... that cinematography and the carnival and the visuals were all just brilliantly conceived and executed.

by Anonymousreply 19July 15, 2019 12:31 AM

I get it Maddie, Nate was giving you that good dick and his family has money. I'm actually proud of her for sticking up for him. Once the dick pics rumor gets to him she's gonna have an Ike and Tina Turner moment. Jules, always the sweetheart, feels for them. Rue is such a distraction from everything. I think I like her better on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 20July 15, 2019 2:36 AM

r20 oh, and by proud I mean the characters. In real life that's not wise and allows abusers to continue that cycle with future girlfriends and wives.

by Anonymousreply 21July 15, 2019 2:37 AM

McKay is gonna make a pass at Nate in either this episode or the next. I get a vibe from the character.

by Anonymousreply 22July 15, 2019 2:48 AM

So... who was the full-frontal guy credited as? Think he has a future in this business? :-)

by Anonymousreply 23July 15, 2019 2:55 AM

The show has established that Nate can be an evil genius, curious to see what his plan is to get out of this.

I'm sure that gayling enjoyed his day on set. "You are going to grind on Eric Dane and then give him a little massage". Not a bad day of work.

by Anonymousreply 24July 15, 2019 3:12 AM

[Quote]McKay is gonna make a pass at Nate in either this episode or the next. I get a vibe from the character.

There was that rumor that the original actor had to get replaced once he found out his character wasn't as straight as he assumed so....maybe? Idk, they haven't been building up to that in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 25July 15, 2019 3:20 AM

Does Nate like Jules at all?

by Anonymousreply 26July 15, 2019 4:56 AM

What is vexing Jules this episode? Is it carrying the weight of Rue's sobriety? Is it the fact that she's harboring the secret of Nate's threats and the implications of it? Rue is such a fragile mess, I wonder what will happen between her and Jules to send her over the edge and back to drugs, because the preview definitely makes it look like things go south next week.

by Anonymousreply 27July 15, 2019 6:03 AM

R27, I’m confused about Jules, too. Didn’t understand what upset her at the skating rink or afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 28July 15, 2019 6:10 AM

its cool cept for when Zendaya's ratty face is on screen: downer

by Anonymousreply 29July 15, 2019 6:17 AM

It seems like she may not share the same romantic feelings for Rue and that hers are more platonic.

by Anonymousreply 30July 15, 2019 6:19 AM

Nate is never going to get his comeuppance, is he?

by Anonymousreply 31July 15, 2019 6:27 AM

R15 it's been renewed for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 32July 15, 2019 8:04 AM

There is such a feeling of dread building towards the conclusion of season one. I think Jules fears that Nate will harm Rue and do it in a way that will look like she backslid into drug use and OD’d. Maddie is in grave danger as well. Daddy really is a risk junkie. He told the trick that he is married with sons and that his sons have rage issues. Duh. What are the odds that a picture of Nate and his family wind up in the local newspaper? Can you say blackmail? Daddy really wants to be caught but then panics. The entire family is a powder keg of repression and brutality. Someone is going to wind up dead.

by Anonymousreply 33July 15, 2019 10:02 AM

It's too depressing for me

by Anonymousreply 34July 15, 2019 10:06 AM

r31 a gay rumor s spreading about Nate and he may not see it now but Maddy has him over a barrel. She can go to the police at any time to report the abuse. He should have never told the cops that she was with other guys because they may trace it back to Tyler. Tyler might have some things to say about Nate if the police come knocking. He is no master mind, because a master mind would know that you never choke a girl, just shake her and never give your girlfriend your cell phone's password.

by Anonymousreply 35July 15, 2019 11:35 AM

r33 I feel bad for Nate's mom, she will be left without her husbands hot sex, her son will be in jail (or dead from drugs), the other one is a bitter loser, and the third son (in the family picture) has never been mentioned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 15, 2019 11:37 AM

Jules is obviously upset about Rue's obsession with her and that the entirety of Rues sobriety is supposed to rest on her relationship with her, a relationship that she really isn't even that into compared to Rue.

Interesting how self aware Eric Dane is that he raised a psychopath and how much that hurts him, at the onset I wasn't expecting his character to be such a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 37July 15, 2019 11:48 AM

[quote] I feel bad for Nate's mom, she will be left without her husbands hot sex

I doubt they've been having sex.

That being said, R37, I agree with you. I'm glad they've been softening Nate's father. Not excusing him of anything, but he definitely has more perspective than I thought he would.

I think it's fair to say that Jules cares about Rue, but perhaps jumped into a romantic relationship with her because the Nate situation frightened her so much. It was likely a rash decision, and now she's feeling somewhat regretful. I think it's all too heavy for her to deal with. These are high school kids after all. The addict friend is right about things in high school not lasting, but they don't really have that perspective yet.

by Anonymousreply 38July 15, 2019 12:15 PM

R37 I agree. I like how the Eric Dane character is not what I original thought he'd be like.

by Anonymousreply 39July 15, 2019 12:44 PM

Where are the full frontal screencaps, for chrissakes. This is DataLounge!

One question: did hot daddy film his interaction with the gay prostitute? I ask because they didn't show anything about him setting it up this time. He always SEEMS to film his trysts, but … no indication this time. But if he did, does that mean his son is going to hear his dad talking about him like that?

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2019 3:00 PM

I think it is nice with Maddie that they didnt go the Mean Girl where she bullies other girls, we have only ever seen her be friendly to Kate for instance, and it was Kate this episode who was a shitty friend to her.

by Anonymousreply 41July 15, 2019 3:49 PM

Yeah r41 i like that too. Makes things more believable. The mean girl thing isn't the norm anymore. It's so cliche and things have changed a lot overall.

by Anonymousreply 42July 15, 2019 4:02 PM

[quote]Where are the full frontal screencaps, for chrissakes. This is DataLounge!

I am gobsmacked that this thread is not full of Eric Dane's cock pics, or any cock screencaps at all. Either the nudity in the show is mostly female centric or the cocks are small....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 15, 2019 4:04 PM

r43 I wanted to screencap the cocks in that famous locker room scene but most of them were oversized prosthetics, which rubbed me the wrong way. The faceless closeups were more natural, but that isn't worth screencapping as you can see those anywhere online.

Anyway, here's a natural one from last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 15, 2019 4:15 PM

Eric Dane's "cock" was a prosthetic r43.

You can see his real cock in that leaked sex tape.

by Anonymousreply 45July 15, 2019 4:16 PM

You gotta wonder what the casting call was like for that role for the guy in the R44 pic

by Anonymousreply 46July 15, 2019 11:03 PM

"Actor needed for pivotal scene with main character, full frontal nudity" required r46. Something like that.

by Anonymousreply 47July 15, 2019 11:30 PM

R47, also, “can pass for 15 years old when naked.”

by Anonymousreply 48July 16, 2019 12:05 AM

So people dying of fentanyl overdoses, and the central character on this show loves it? Great message.

by Anonymousreply 49July 16, 2019 2:51 AM

Yes, it is a great message about how dangerous fentanyl is r49. Pretty scary how after one dose Rue is already craving it so hard.

At least everyone except you gets that Dora Dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 50July 16, 2019 3:06 AM

There's so little in the show that's not negative. It's kind of gross.

by Anonymousreply 51July 16, 2019 3:07 AM

Oh fuck off, R50. People die after using it once.

by Anonymousreply 52July 16, 2019 3:08 AM

What does Jules do in gym class? For changing and stuff. I wish they’d show them in class a little more...so little of their school life is shown. I mean, come on, it was 6 hours of our lives, 5 days a week, more than just a few seconds of somebody chatting at their locker. When do they have to do homework?

by Anonymousreply 53July 16, 2019 3:45 AM

While I get the locker room point about Jules, people sitting in class and doing homework would be the most boring TV show ever. No one wants a TV show to give us real life, real life is boring.

by Anonymousreply 54July 16, 2019 3:52 AM

Struggling with drug addiction isn't even half as fun as the sitcom Mom makes it look sometimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 16, 2019 4:02 AM

r53 I'm glad they don't show the homework crap, I'm sure the other topics can be covered but this show tries not to act like an after school special. They seem to show the kids over the weekend with a few weekday shots.

It's a lot better than an teen show on The CW with regards to time after school. Gossip Girl was the absolute worst at this They had the characters attend a top prep school, but NRVER doing any homework assignments. On school nights, they would get dressed up in a cocktail dress, with fresh hair and makeup, to have a dramatic conversation at some NY hotspot that doesn't card. After that dramatic 2 min conversation they would take a cab back home, take off that cocktail dress and heels. Remove their makeup then complete 3 hours of homework. Given how fresh they looked, we can assume that they were somehow in bed by 9 or 10. Oh and these characters are at the top or near top of their class. When they have an episode centered around college applications, we learn that they are involved in 100 extra curricular activities that we have never seen or heard of on screen. It's still a mystery how these kids that hit the town can be the President of 10 clubs.

by Anonymousreply 56July 16, 2019 4:26 AM

I don't buy that someone as image-conscious as Nate would date someone as trashy as Maddie. I also think Cassie is quickly becoming the most pointless character on TV—to the extent I just had to Google her name. It does't help that Sydney Sweeney, who I've liked in other things, is giving a completely lifeless performance here.

by Anonymousreply 57July 16, 2019 6:39 AM

why does Kate think it's empowering to blow some guy who doesn't give a shit about her? Most guys will let a fat chick blow them but they won't fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 58July 16, 2019 7:12 AM

True r54, but so far Ru just wanders around and gets high and cuddles with Jules. She’ll be getting her GED, I guess. I mean, come on, they don’t even have required reading or a project or a paper to write? I wish I went to this high school. Oh wait, that’s right, I forgot, In order to make a bullshit show about how teen life isn’t, you delete the reality and just have them have sex with the teacher or something to not flunk out. So realistic.

by Anonymousreply 59July 16, 2019 7:16 AM

[quote]why does Kate think it's empowering to blow some guy who doesn't give a shit about her? Most guys will let a fat chick blow them but they won't fuck them.

Are you watching the show? It's clear that the guy actually is interested in her, but she's just interested in sex. Also, he did fuck her at the carnival.

by Anonymousreply 60July 16, 2019 7:20 AM

R56 i'm sure the fact that they were rich probably helped in some situations.

R57 i would say that's Lexi.

by Anonymousreply 61July 16, 2019 8:49 AM

r60 I thought the guy she blew at the mall she just met there?

by Anonymousreply 62July 16, 2019 8:53 AM

The carnival guy did not have piercings. They look similar, though. She's into the hobo-type.

by Anonymousreply 63July 16, 2019 9:39 AM

Oh you're right. That wasn't the carnival guy. I think it was the guy from the dressing room a couple episodes ago. The one she fantasied about fucking her, but it didn't happen. My bad!

by Anonymousreply 64July 16, 2019 10:28 AM

So it's Shiloh Fernandez??

by Anonymousreply 65July 16, 2019 10:33 AM

[quote]why does Kate think it's empowering to blow some guy who doesn't give a shit about her?

The audience is supposed to realize that Kate is acting very stupid. And like r60 said, the sad thing about the situation is the guy actually was interested in getting to know Kate, but Kate is too insecure to realize that and took as he just wanted to get into her pants.

by Anonymousreply 66July 16, 2019 12:16 PM

She's realizing that as a fatty, she has sexual power.

by Anonymousreply 67July 16, 2019 12:41 PM

She felt validated by "That was the best blowjob I ever had", and that's honestly all she wanted (or thought she needed) out of it.

by Anonymousreply 68July 16, 2019 1:25 PM

I just realized how quickly the show is pushing this sudden change in Nate's sexuality, trying to ID him as gay. All we got was a brief kiss. Ok, that could mean something, then that's it? Felt like it went from 0 to 60. At best, he is bi-leaning straight. Unless he actually did anything else beside beat up Tyler, he appears to be into woman or the female form. Jules is an exciting toy, like he's seen in his dad's videos, nothing more. Someone that looks like Jules just checks off all of his boxes, as he stated during E2. We haven't seen him really get aroused from the pictures she sent or anything. He enjoyed their conversations together but it was all a Catfish lie.

I just feel that something is missing from Nate's story, because an attraction to Jules is like a gray area. Maybe the actress is just too beautiful to make me believe that guys wouldn't give her a shot as a curiosity. Even his brother was into her at first glance. Does anyone else get what I am saying? He is definitely not 100% straight, but the boy doesn't seem gay or really all that confused.

by Anonymousreply 69July 16, 2019 5:13 PM

We really don't know about Nate's sexuality r69. There is the rumor going around the school he is gay based on the dick pics on his phone, but as an audience we know the story behind those is more complicated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 16, 2019 5:21 PM

And good excuse to get some Jacob Elordi beef cake over to this new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 16, 2019 5:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 16, 2019 5:23 PM

True r70. All I know is that Rue makes Jules really boring. She needs to back to men.

by Anonymousreply 73July 16, 2019 5:27 PM

Elordi's physical presence is intoxicating.

by Anonymousreply 74July 16, 2019 5:35 PM

The actor who played Tyler's got a nice IG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 16, 2019 5:39 PM

[quote]Elordi's physical presence is intoxicating.

I mean he is tall, young, hunk of a man. What's not to like?

by Anonymousreply 76July 16, 2019 5:41 PM

[quote]I don't buy that someone as image-conscious as Nate would date someone as trashy as Maddie.

Do you see Maddie's loyalty to Nate even after he choked the shit out of her? Nates a scary mofo but Maddie still loves him for it, someone as smart as Nate knows that is the perfect girlfriend. Someone who feels dependent on you and is loyal.

Someone who was as rich as Nate, would be far less likely to put up with his shit.

by Anonymousreply 77July 16, 2019 5:49 PM

"Trashy" doesn't see to be a strike against one in the show's milieu.

by Anonymousreply 78July 16, 2019 5:51 PM

So there are three episodes left.

Next is McKay, Episode 7 is Cassie (and Lexi) and Episode 8 is Fezco (and Ashtray).

by Anonymousreply 79July 16, 2019 7:36 PM

Awww, can't wait for Fezco! MVP next to Jules.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 16, 2019 7:39 PM

Nate loves Maddie, because both don't want what their parents have, loveless marriages with no passion at all.

Nate's considers his mom weak and his dad fucks trannies on the downlow.

Maddie resents her working mom and the drunk dad who sleeps on the coach and her parents barely interact with each other.

Nate and Maddie clash, they fight, they make up and have amazing sex. For them the toxic, dysfunctional drama (and not being afraid to express their frustration, even when it gets brutal and violent) is what draws them to each other.

by Anonymousreply 81July 16, 2019 9:09 PM

LOL. Sorry. ... and the drunk dad who sleeps on the COUCH ...

by Anonymousreply 82July 16, 2019 9:12 PM

Please tell me that at least someone gets murdered. That show is so fucking tense. That must lead to something like murder or the whole town is gonna explode like on Preacher.

by Anonymousreply 83July 16, 2019 9:13 PM

I've said this before but I'll be a little surprised if Nate doesn't murder someone by the end of season 1.

I mean he already thoroughly enjoyed beating Tyler to an inch of his life for barely any reason, a push of motivation and he would definitely murder someone.

by Anonymousreply 84July 16, 2019 9:18 PM

The full frontal twink, Andy Sandoval.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 16, 2019 9:23 PM

Leave it to HBO to make their male full frontal nudity on a show about teen angst and sex as unsexy as possible.

by Anonymousreply 86July 16, 2019 9:25 PM

Sandoval's cute. I liked his whole, "You look like you came hard," line.

by Anonymousreply 87July 16, 2019 9:41 PM

Nudity != Porn r86.

I mean I love this show did that locker room scene with Nate. Was it sexy? Nah, but it was still a ballsy, memorable scene.

Same with the guy jacking off for Kate.

by Anonymousreply 88July 16, 2019 9:45 PM

Andy Sandoval is the name of the naked twink.

by Anonymousreply 89July 16, 2019 9:50 PM

We know, R89.

by Anonymousreply 90July 16, 2019 9:51 PM

r89's next post will be the British Are Coming!

by Anonymousreply 91July 16, 2019 9:53 PM

How frustrating it must be to put Rando FuckBoy on your professional resume, and it’s not like you’re going to leave it off, it’s HBO for Christ’s sake.

by Anonymousreply 92July 17, 2019 3:54 AM

McKay continues to be a pretty boring character IMO, the writers haven't done a great job in getting us invested in him.

Wasn't expecting to see Tyler again, man the guy has had his life completely ruined by Nate. I wouldn't be surprised if Tyler tries to kill him or something, he has been pushed pretty far.

by Anonymousreply 93July 22, 2019 3:06 AM

The episode was slow but had a killer coda. Nate and Maddie need to go to prison. Jules is going to do time for lying to the police or she’s going to be murdered because Nate is going to continue to blackmail her until she can’t go along with his fucked up plans. Nate and Maddie both deny he assaulted her so how can he be charged with a crime? Tyler is going to commit suicide. Why didn’t he go to the police and tell them that he was being coerced into confessing to a crime he didn’t commit? Given his injuries the police would have been inclined to believe that he was Nate’s first victim. Still, it was better than the BLL finale.

by Anonymousreply 94July 22, 2019 4:02 AM

BLL put me in a bad mood, so Euphoria got on my nerves, too.

Nate is getting away with far too much, and is not believable that everyone would fall in line for him and do exactly what he wants.

I’m tired of Rue being down and Jules being depressed and Kay being a fucking nasty whore. The music is too loud and the voiceovers are too low or mumbled.

This was McKay’s episode, but his character wasn’t fleshed out much more at all except for us to see the pushy father. And what was the purpose of having McKay get raped?

by Anonymousreply 95July 22, 2019 4:15 AM

I love Nate and Maddy's triumphant entrance into the party, had my hollering lol. Prison uniform was perfect. McKay being gay was a left turn. I wish a couple of those frat boy would have visited my room in college, but leave the camera phone at home.

by Anonymousreply 96July 22, 2019 4:15 AM

r95 it was simulated rape, they didn't actually rape him. The guys underwear stayed on. Must have been a rival frat thing, but people knew that he was soft, aka gay.

by Anonymousreply 97July 22, 2019 4:16 AM

Props to the casting directors because we know that Nate isn't gonna make it to season 2, but they made sure that every guy is cute to hot. No uglies get top billing on this show!

by Anonymousreply 98July 22, 2019 4:18 AM

OK, now I feel dumb. How am I supposed to know that McKay is gay? Because a bunch of frat guys broke in and fake raped him?

by Anonymousreply 99July 22, 2019 4:44 AM

I'm wondering the same, r99. At what point was the specific inference that McKay is gay? I couldn't make out what those frat boys were saying, but I don't think the assault he endured was necessarily tipping the hat to his character being gay, nor was his awkward attempt to resume sexual activity with his girlfriend after he was just essentially demoralized and humiliated (amplified by his feelings of failure and inferiority as a result of his dashed football dreams).

by Anonymousreply 100July 22, 2019 4:53 AM

Thanks, R100. At least I know someone else is wondering where the gay thing came from with McKay.

by Anonymousreply 101July 22, 2019 4:59 AM

No mention of Maddie being dressed as Lolita to Nate’s prisoner? I thought that was a wicked touch since statutory rape is being held over Tyler head.

by Anonymousreply 102July 22, 2019 5:24 AM

I think she was going for a young Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver, whose character was a teenage prostitute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 22, 2019 5:26 AM

The gay thing came from McKay's original actor allegedly dropping out of the show due to gay content, so certain users are watching the show with that inference. The show hasn't explicitly or implicitly revealed this detail at all, and I'm unsure how or when they're going to... if they were they should have done it in this episode.

Overall I enjoyed it. I actually fucking hate how Machiavellian Nate is. I just felt sick watching him force Tyler to confess to a crime he didn't commit and implicate Jules because of his father's poor judgement. Fuck that shit.

I also hate the way the big girl is treating the cute little virgin nerd! He's adorable, and that actor does a great job. I'd have fucked him.

Was Maddie dressed as Lolita? I was trying to figure out who she was because that costume was so familiar. I can see it in my mind, but I googled images from Lolita and that costume didn't come up. It's also a black and white film, so the image I'm conjuring in my mind can't be from the Kubrick film at least.

by Anonymousreply 104July 22, 2019 5:27 AM

R103 FUCK! Yes, thank you. THAT'S who she was. Taxi Driver.

by Anonymousreply 105July 22, 2019 5:28 AM

Was the assault on McKay mostly because he has a hot white girlfriend? Seemed more racially motivated to me. Also a dueling dick move due to penis envy?

by Anonymousreply 106July 22, 2019 5:28 AM

If it seemed racially motivated to you it's because you're focusing on his race. There's no reason for us to believe that the attack was racial. The only hint at a motive was when they chanted their frat name. Like someone said earlier it was likely a rival frat aiming to humiliate him.

by Anonymousreply 107July 22, 2019 5:31 AM

I loved their take on Claire Dane's Juliet from the 90s Romeo + Juliet movie for Jules' costume:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 22, 2019 5:39 AM

We’re living in the age of Trump and you don’t think an attack on a black man by five white guys could be racially motivated? And one with a white girlfriend at that? He’s black. I noticed.

by Anonymousreply 109July 22, 2019 5:45 AM

^^^ I was expecting they were going to gangbang the girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 110July 22, 2019 5:47 AM

R109 I'm not saying it's impossible, but there's nothing in the text of the show to indicate that it was racial. Your interpretation isn't mine, is all.

R110 I thought they were going to gang rape her too... or rape him, which happens in frats as well. Glad it didn't go that far.

by Anonymousreply 111July 22, 2019 5:52 AM

Agree to disagree, r111. It’s all good. Good call on Jules outfit, r108. It was bugging the shit out of me trying to remember where I saw those wings. And also on the Taxi Driver reference, r103. She was jailbait.

by Anonymousreply 112July 22, 2019 6:04 AM

I loved how perfectly Ru's tuxedo fit her, because kids that age are meticulous about getting their clothes tailored. She was stunning, however.

by Anonymousreply 113July 22, 2019 6:37 AM

Who is this actor originally cast as McKay who allegedly quit because of gay content?

Does he understand what it means to be an actor? Go home and do church theater and STFU.

by Anonymousreply 114July 22, 2019 7:00 AM

The homophobe I had a weird relationship in high school looked like McKay .

by Anonymousreply 115July 22, 2019 9:08 AM

I thought maybe the frat guys were reenacting Cassie's video that we have only seen a glimpse of, like it was her a several guys. Maybe we will find out more next week.

Nate needs to be taken down already. He gets away with too much.

Only two episodes left. Next week is Cassie, but who do we think is the finale? Lexi?

by Anonymousreply 116July 22, 2019 9:28 AM

[quote]The actor who played Tyler's got a nice IG.

...Except that he DOESN'T

by Anonymousreply 117July 22, 2019 9:29 AM

(Quote]Only two episodes left. Next week is Cassie, but who do we think is the finale?

Fezco.

by Anonymousreply 118July 22, 2019 12:05 PM

[quote]The gay thing came from McKay's original actor allegedly dropping out of the show due to gay content, so certain users are watching the show with that inference. The show hasn't explicitly or implicitly revealed this detail at all, and I'm unsure how or when they're going to... if they were they should have done it in this episode.

Yeah, no one would be calling him gay if it wasn't for that report floating around the net. And I agree, if the episode that includes his backstory doesn't reference it I don't think the show is going there. At least not this season.

by Anonymousreply 119July 22, 2019 12:17 PM

I would like to see a backstory of Nate's dad.

by Anonymousreply 120July 22, 2019 12:48 PM

[quote]Nate is getting away with far too much, and is not believable that everyone would fall in line for him and do exactly what he wants.

Tyler is utterly terrified of him, I think he honestly expects Nate would kill him if he doesn't comply. I mean he has broken into his apartment and sent him to the hospital for a week.

I do agree that you'd think Jules would start fighting back, the only leverage he has is her nudes. Is she really going to go the police department and commit a crime for him over that?

by Anonymousreply 121July 22, 2019 1:22 PM

I will say obviously the shit is going to hit the fan, the look they had Rue give him is telling, she is definitely find out whats happened and go after Nate.

by Anonymousreply 122July 22, 2019 1:24 PM

It’s a tacky, trashy, soft core porn version of Gossip Girl for 2019. After a lot of eye rolling for the stupid and simplistic plot lines - like the McKay rape or whatever that was supposed to be - I LOVED the king and queen stroll of Nate and Maddie entering the party. Fabulous high camp.

by Anonymousreply 123July 22, 2019 2:23 PM

I'm assuming the "gay content" that scared away the original actor who was cast as McKay was the rape/assault scene we saw last night. With only two episodes left, I don't think we're getting much more of him except as maybe a peripheral character in Cassie's story next week.

by Anonymousreply 124July 22, 2019 4:12 PM

r124 I didn't understand that hazing scene. What happened there, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 125July 22, 2019 4:15 PM

I think it was supposed to just be a stupid frat boy prank, but especially after finding out he isnt at good at football as he originally believed he found it especially emasculating and emotionally harmful.

But yes, it was a weird scene.

by Anonymousreply 126July 22, 2019 4:33 PM

Hopefully they don’t try to say it was rape. Admittedly there’s little reality in any of the show, but the idea of even semi-gay guys getting hard and fucking a guy in the ass in front of a bunch of people in a matter of one minute is offensive and arguably homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 127July 22, 2019 4:34 PM

It obviously wasn't rape rape as Whoopi would say, there was no actual penetration of McKay. They were just play hunping against him in their underwear.

by Anonymousreply 128July 22, 2019 4:37 PM

r127 Didn't some of them have those weird (plastic) tribal phalluses attached to them? So they wouldn't have to get hard if they wanted to rape him. But yes, it's very unusual for your teammates to rape you as a prank.

by Anonymousreply 129July 22, 2019 4:38 PM

[quote]I'm assuming the "gay content" that scared away the original actor who was cast as McKay was the rape/assault scene we saw last night. With only two episodes left, I don't think we're getting much more of him except as maybe a peripheral character in Cassie's story next week.

That makes sense, actually. I can see a young actor not wanting to be humiliated in that way.

by Anonymousreply 130July 22, 2019 5:58 PM

One of the frat guys had some underwear with a plastic banana in the front. Not insisting that there was actual penetration but maybe something like motorboating happened where a penis shaped object was pushed up and down between the butt cheeks?

by Anonymousreply 131July 22, 2019 7:18 PM

The unfolding of the days before the party was kind of genius. Also the scenes around "Smalltown Boy". I think that's when the party really got interesting with all the characters basically being at their lowest.

by Anonymousreply 132July 22, 2019 7:20 PM

What is the deal with the small child drug dealer?He is a child, right? I keep thinking that maybe it is someone with dwarfism but then I think 𝘯𝘰, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥.

by Anonymousreply 133July 22, 2019 10:17 PM

I want Ethan to be my boyfriend. And I want to see him naked.

by Anonymousreply 134July 22, 2019 10:22 PM

Fez and Ethan are the cuties.

by Anonymousreply 135July 22, 2019 10:46 PM

Ashtray is Fez's little brother r133, and yeah he is like a 11/12 year old hardened drug dealer. I'm sure we will get more explanation during Fez's backstory.

by Anonymousreply 136July 22, 2019 11:16 PM

Fez is so sexy - the whole attitude and speech pattern combined with the hint of the nice guy underneath. Nate is got, but sex with Fez would be hotter.

by Anonymousreply 137July 23, 2019 3:12 AM

Fez would take care of you after fucking.

He even exuded heat at the premiere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138July 23, 2019 3:17 AM

So wait..,.the actor originally hired as McKay was told about specific scenes he’d have to play a half dozen episodes in? And then he quit?

This story makes no sense unless they filmed the faux rape story very early on.

by Anonymousreply 139July 23, 2019 7:07 AM

Don't television writers usually send in an outline? I've heard it referred to as a story Bible charting where the broad narrative goes. I wouldn't be surprised if the show runner knew what he wanted to explore with the character and then told the original actor what to expect. Doesn't seem outlandish to me.

by Anonymousreply 140July 23, 2019 7:16 AM

[quote]In that scene, he was getting hazed by the frat or whatever, and his drunk frat brothers came in and were fake humping him. It looks really graphic in the scene the way they edited and chopped it up, which is scary as hell, but they're play-humping and whatever and calling him "McGay." The way they made it look was very scary; I was surprised by the editing.

McKay's actor explaining the scene.

by Anonymousreply 141July 23, 2019 9:25 AM

R141 Thanks for the clarification.

by Anonymousreply 142July 23, 2019 11:06 AM

It is sometimes difficult to hear the dialogue. i had no idea what was going on in that scene, or what was being said. I still love this show - I love evil Nate.

by Anonymousreply 143July 23, 2019 12:32 PM

[quote]I love evil Nate.

I find Nate to be an entertaining character to watch as well. Reddit seems to be really pissed over evil Nate, lots of bitching about how he is a comic book villain.

One thing this Halloween episode drove home that I had noticed before, is this show really isn't "about" Generation Z. Notice all the cultural references are things that don't necessarily fit current 16-17 year olds. I don't know mind, but Sam Levinson is about my age, and you can tell that from his writing.

by Anonymousreply 144July 23, 2019 12:44 PM

I thought the same thing, R144 - not many under 35-40 would get the cultural references. I wonder if the young actors in the show even do.

by Anonymousreply 145July 23, 2019 12:47 PM

I thought Jules was supposed to be pretty savvy and somewhat worldly. There's no way she would have gone to the police for Nate with the enormous leverage she has over him and his family. That was a disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 146July 23, 2019 5:36 PM

I don’t understand why she thinks she would be charged with distributing child pornography. The pictures are of her. Can someone explain this to me. I feel like a dummy.

by Anonymousreply 147July 23, 2019 11:59 PM

Jules is under 18, so nude pictures of herself are classified as child pornography. Sending those nudes to other people can be considered distributing child pornography. It might sound unbelievable, but it is actually true, and teens have gotten in trouble over their own nudes before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 24, 2019 12:51 AM

These type of stories do happen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 24, 2019 12:53 AM

R144 I don't get half of the references and I'm like twice the age of the characters. My nephew is about their age and kids are into stuff like Riverdale and Netflix originals. They would recognize Bob Ross from memes.

by Anonymousreply 150July 24, 2019 3:48 AM

I still stand by my thought that the original actor hired to be. McKay should find a different profession if he can’t handle scenes like these.

He’s either too prudish or homophobic. Either way is bad, and he should get the fuck out of the business.

by Anonymousreply 151July 24, 2019 6:46 AM

Remember when Will Smith didn't want to do Six Degrees of Separation because of the kissing scene? And he refused to kiss?

by Anonymousreply 152July 24, 2019 7:04 AM

Nate's story is going to drag on and on. He's going to get away with much more. It's annoying.

by Anonymousreply 153July 24, 2019 8:03 AM

Nate is like Trump or Ted Bundy. Just keeps getting away with shit.

by Anonymousreply 154July 24, 2019 8:15 AM

Good point R154 - Nate is a hero for the Trump era. Evil, egocentric and fucked up - yet people love and admire him. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 155July 24, 2019 4:59 PM

Just watched this episode. So are the police really going to fall for the coincidence of the confession, the witness, and Maddie changing her story all at the same time ?

by Anonymousreply 156July 24, 2019 5:24 PM

Did Maddie change her story? Honesty asking, from what I remember she was just belligerent and refused to talk to the cops about it.

by Anonymousreply 157July 24, 2019 5:41 PM

Yes she changed her story.

by Anonymousreply 158July 24, 2019 6:10 PM

She refused to cooperate with the police. Her mother was the driving force to press charges against Nate. What is most suspicious is that Maddie didn't come forward right away that it was Tyler who did this to her to take heat off of Nate. And even that can be explained away that she was in shock and scared of Tyler. But since Nate's dad is an important figure in the community the police will likely buy the story to exonerate Nate and his family.

by Anonymousreply 159July 24, 2019 11:37 PM

That's what I remembered happening r159, I don't recall her giving any statement about what happened to the police before she came back with the Tyler story.

[quote]Nate's story is going to drag on and on. He's going to get away with much more. It's annoying.

Nate is obviously due for a comeuppance that will no doubt be orchestrated by Rue.

by Anonymousreply 160July 24, 2019 11:42 PM

Why can't Rue just OD so we can be left with the pretty people. She can narrate off screen like Kristen Bell in Gossip Girl. I'm glad some on DL enjoy the evil of Nate. He is like Cerise, someone I root for because they are attractive and terrible. The good girls bore me to tears. I have lost some interest in the show since Nate moved away from the bi angle.

Mark my words, Nate will be destroyed or dead by the season end. How do I know? Jules and Maddie are seen dancing at a Homecoming or Prom dance. Why would two girls, that Nate would never want to be seen together suddenly have the time of their lives at a dance? This Sunday's episode is when Rue will find out what's gone on with Jules and Nate. Her nosey ass will update Maddy and shit will hit the fan. Jules will be pissed at Rue and distance herself. All while she and Maddy bond over their Nate drama. As two single gals they will go to the dance together. Nate will never get a chance to get that dick.

Or, Maddy sees Nate's dad with one of his tricks before Nate moves out of the Motel. The show is starting to feel rather predictable. I'm curious what they will have to talk about next season. I hope there is an old fashion cliffhanger and real gay sex next year.

by Anonymousreply 161July 25, 2019 6:57 PM

How many episodes will there be?

by Anonymousreply 162July 25, 2019 7:01 PM

There are two episodes left in this season.

by Anonymousreply 163July 25, 2019 7:02 PM

Nate used blackmail against Jules, but can't she use the fuck vid with him and Cassie? The video was even shared and obviously taken without her consent. There are multiple guys than can attest to Nate sharing that underage hidden sex video. Seems like a major plot hole.

Don't drop the soap Nathaniel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164July 25, 2019 7:20 PM

[Quote] Why can't Rue just OD so we can be left with the pretty people.

Are you blind or....?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 26, 2019 7:36 AM

Apologies r165, the actress is very beautiful. My statement was in bad taste. Rue, looks like a hot mess that doesn’t even try to look presentable in public. All of the girls are going through some crap, but they still manage to fashionably depressed, outside of Maddy’s stripper outfit.

by Anonymousreply 166July 28, 2019 10:08 PM

Apparently DiCaprio is a big fan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 29, 2019 1:16 AM

Heh, Jules can't stop herself from wanting Nate even though he is such an evil dick. I get it girl, Jacob Elordi in that make up was definitely something.

As soon as Fez threatened Nate I knew where that was going, Nate loves threatening people with legal action and Fez is a fuckin dealer.

The Rue storyline was a nice depiction of bipolar disorder, must be noted.

by Anonymousreply 168July 29, 2019 3:14 AM

Also that entire night club sequence was beautiful, the cinematography this show accomplishes is impressive. I wonder how long it took to film the season.

by Anonymousreply 169July 29, 2019 3:18 AM

I’m addicted to this show, but I also want to punch it.

Zendaya is acting her ass off with these manic depressive episodes, but it gets tiresome to watch. Too much of the show was spent watching her in a fetal position.

Kat cries because her friends call her out for being a cunt, even though her plan seems to be “Act like a cunt and fuck”?

Jules? I’m SO tired of the “She’s just the best person in the world” meme. OK, she can be a good friend, and she has good qualities. But this is also someone fraught with problems who makes a lot of bad decisions. I don’t think Euphoria has written her as much more than someone’s friend, and I’m struggling to see this magic and greatness in her.

I wish we saw more of Nate’s family. I’d rather see more of that than all the Rue moping around.

by Anonymousreply 170July 29, 2019 3:53 AM

[Quote]Jules? I’m SO tired of the “She’s just the best person in the world” meme.

But that's just how Rue sees her who is addicted to Jules as a drug substitute, we aren't supposed to think she is being rational at all.

by Anonymousreply 171July 29, 2019 3:58 AM

Um, all Jules has to do is lure Dom Dad to the hotel again and film it, and Nate will lose his power.

Then again, he’s psycho, so maybe that wouldn’t be in her best interest.

by Anonymousreply 172July 29, 2019 4:28 AM

I don't want anything bad to happen to Fez. That's where my mind is right now. Someone said the last episode would focus on him, but from the preview it seemed like it was going to focus on everyone, really... which makes sense considering it's the finale.

I thought the mother's line about Rue doing her homework was funny considering how certain users on here were going on and on about whether these kid even had homework.

The guy playing Cassie's father was hot.

by Anonymousreply 173July 29, 2019 4:50 AM

The storytelling this episode was a bit uneven and all over the map, but it was so beautiful to look at and watch. This show is such a gem. I still contend that this is the new millennium's answer to 'My So-Called Life'. It has a similar magic, but with glitter and a lot more grit.

by Anonymousreply 174July 29, 2019 5:24 AM

Did anyone catch what the guy was saying to Kat to make her shut down the session? I could barely understand any of that scene.

by Anonymousreply 175July 29, 2019 5:51 AM

Kat: Hello?

Man: [Inaudible response]

Kat: For some reason your screen is black. Should I call you back?

Man: I prefer to keep it that way

K: Oh okay.

M: You drive a hard bargain.

K: Yeah, well a girl's gotta eat.

M: 300 for 30 minutes. I should have asked for more. Let me see your whole body. stand up.

[italic]Kat stands up.[/italic]

M: Keep going... More... Get undressed.

[italic]Kat takes off her skirt.[/italic]

M: Are you nervous?

K: I mean, I don't usually... um... undress..

M: But I'm special, right?

K: Yes.

M: Then say it.

K: You're special.

K: Get undressed

[italic]Kat takes off her bra and underwear.[/italic]

M: Oh wow... ... ... ... ... ... You're beautiful.

[italic]Kat gets uncomfortable and closes the laptop.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 176July 29, 2019 6:16 AM

Thanks R176

by Anonymousreply 177July 29, 2019 6:23 AM

Fez is a nice guy and all but he is just as bad as Nate. He sells drugs to children. Hello, Rue's addiction anyone? He acts like he cares yet sells/sold her poison. I don't feel bad that Nate fucked up his operation.

The rave scene with Jules was simply beautiful. Once again, awesome production, but the story is shaky. Funny enough, my predictions about this episode were completely wrong. I like that Euphoria has constantly taken the road less traveled. Maybe Nate survives the finally for a season 2 downfall.

by Anonymousreply 178July 29, 2019 10:03 AM

The actor who plays Nate should have been included in the beautiful men thread.

by Anonymousreply 179July 29, 2019 11:05 AM

^^^ I put him on the thread about most wanted actors doing full frontal. Episode two had 20 plus cocks, unfortunately none were his.

by Anonymousreply 180July 29, 2019 12:19 PM

[Quote]Fez is a nice guy and all but he is just as bad as Nate.

You must be one of those "both parties are the same" people.

Sure, Fez way of making extra money is illegal and a immoral to an extent. Nate is a psychotic asshole who regularly abuses his girlfriend and beats a guy half to death for no reason.

They are not "the same" Nancy Reagan.

Which speaking of I was the one who passed on the rumor that Fez backstory was the last episode, it was what I read, but yes the preview doesn't make it seem anyone will get a backstory. I guess that is the way Skins did it, and this show is fairly similar to Skins.

by Anonymousreply 181July 29, 2019 12:31 PM

[Quote]Fez is a nice guy and all but he is just as bad as Nate.

You must be one of those "both parties are the same" people.

Sure, Fez way of making extra money is illegal and a immoral to an extent. Nate is a psychotic asshole who regularly abuses his girlfriend and beats a guy half to death for no reason.

They are not "the same" Nancy Reagan.

Which speaking of I was the one who passed on the rumor that Fez backstory was the last episode, it was what I read, but yes the preview doesn't make it seem anyone will get a backstory. I guess that is the way Skins did it, and this show is fairly similar to Skins.

by Anonymousreply 182July 29, 2019 12:31 PM

So Lexi is definitely a lesbian then.

by Anonymousreply 183July 29, 2019 1:13 PM

[quote]Notice all the cultural references are things that don't necessarily fit current 16-17 year olds. I don't know mind, but Sam Levinson is about my age, and you can tell that from his writing.

Happened again this episode when Levinson had Rue reference "Mad Men."

by Anonymousreply 184July 29, 2019 1:23 PM

Fez takes care of his comatose mom and his little brother the best he can. Sure, he sells hardcore drugs and haa to put up with some really shady individuals (like face tattoo guy who pushes him to sell even more drugs), but Nate is a privileged sociopath. To me that's worse.

I had to chuckle at the sight gag of Rue showing Fez how to flash the gun to scare Nate. That Rue will be the death of Fez getting him in all sorts of trouble.

I am shocked how much I like this show.

by Anonymousreply 185July 29, 2019 1:25 PM

I am not a "both parties are the same type of guy" at all. But I can call out BS from both sides when necessary. Let's get real, a number of untold stories can be made about the effect that the drugs Fez is pushing has on that community. He is helping minors to become addicts. He may not like or want that outcome, but as Rue shows, it happens. He can be a nice person and all but his livelihood is destructive. Nate is destroying a number of lives, but who knows how many lives have been disrupted due to Fez?

by Anonymousreply 186July 29, 2019 3:11 PM

^^^ I thought it was the grandmother?

by Anonymousreply 187July 29, 2019 3:12 PM

Drugs aren't going away, If they weren't buying from Fez they'd be buying someone else. Though maybe I'm biased, I dabbled in selling weed and shrooms to friends in college. Guess that makes me as evil as Nate, work.

by Anonymousreply 188July 29, 2019 3:18 PM

r179 yeah the actor is a hottie and the main reason I root for his character. But I wish they would have made him a basketball player instead of a football QB. He is sssooo tall and lean that he looks like he'd break in half if tackled. But then I saw the gif below and I, oop...

Never mind my baby can take a hit. I don't know how he's gonna survive prison with that pretty face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189July 29, 2019 3:18 PM

r188 Fez had a hell of lot more drugs than weed (being legalized/legal in CA) and mushrooms. I haven't sold drugs so I can't speak to that side of things, but from my perspective it can lead to destructive additions. Our opioid issue (I wont call it a crisis since crack wasn't called that) is proof of that. Cassie's dad became an addict after the accident, perhaps some Fez character was selling to him. Because her dad had access to the meds he lots his connection to his family.

I'm sure what you did in college was harmless., I'm judging Fez. Even if the kids will get the drugs from someone, a moral compass should dissuade someone from stepping up to be that source. Again, I'm just talking about the character and me feelings towards him, not you.

by Anonymousreply 190July 29, 2019 3:27 PM

I dont really what is going to happen in the finale which is nice. I do actually hope Nate doesn't get killed. Both for the eye candy factor and I think the character is an important source of conflict for now, but it is easy to picture him getting killed.

Big Little Lies and Dead Like Me both set up for the Nate like character to get killed in the finale, this feels the same.

by Anonymousreply 191July 29, 2019 4:12 PM

R189 Yeah, that's from Kissing Booth, where he spend a lot of time in half undressed football gear too. The irony is that he's Australian so wouldn't have grown up with how we do football here. It think it's the broad shoulders that lends his body well to the uniform.

by Anonymousreply 192July 29, 2019 4:13 PM

Yeah I's familiar with the movie. He needs to avoid that long hair style, it does him zero favors.

by Anonymousreply 193July 29, 2019 4:16 PM

It really looked like McKay was raped. The frat bro had on some kind of strap on.

The actress who plays Kat is annoying. She can't act and if I never saw her twerking again, it would be too soon.

by Anonymousreply 194July 29, 2019 6:54 PM

Kat clearly has self worth issues. The guy she hooked up with in the previous episode, I believe, was the kid she dated in her episode's flashback (who dumped her after she gained weight during her holiday stay). He didn't remember her at all and then some client calls her beautiful I believe these two different experiences unsettled her so much that she closed her laptop to end the cam session with her client.

by Anonymousreply 195July 29, 2019 7:05 PM

That was cold that Daniel (?) didn't remember her.

by Anonymousreply 196July 29, 2019 7:16 PM

I didn't find it at all believable that Daniel wouldn't remember Kat at all. 5 months and no recollection of any of it? No.

by Anonymousreply 197July 29, 2019 7:41 PM

That was probably Nate as the client with Kat, right? Kat went after the girlfriend, so now he's going after her too with blackmail material.

by Anonymousreply 198July 29, 2019 10:23 PM

It was so unbelievable, R197, that I presume he was lying.

by Anonymousreply 199July 29, 2019 10:37 PM

Yeah I assumed he had to be lying to to her as well, we have already seen how he was a dick to Cassie.

Literally impossible to "not remember" someone you dated for 5 months in middle school.

by Anonymousreply 200July 29, 2019 10:45 PM

Team Fez. I like the character and the actor. I also love cutie Ethan.

by Anonymousreply 201July 29, 2019 10:51 PM

In real life, someone like Nate would not be interested in anyone like Maddie unless he was slumming. Maddie is barely cute, she's not wealthy or from a good family, and she's not white.

by Anonymousreply 202July 29, 2019 11:53 PM

Nate hit the jackpot with Maddie. She accepts him for the psycho he is. In Maddies own words "he would kill for me, I would kill for them".

That's their bond, most girls would never stick with Nate once they saw the truth of what he is. In this episode you had Kat confronting Maddie on how she is insane for dating a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 203July 30, 2019 12:08 AM

She’s also a fucking midget, r202. He treats her like she’s a doll, a possession, not a flesh and blood woman. Plus, those are all reasons why he would stay with her. To piss off Daddy and Mommy because he’s not with a girl who has any kind of social standing in the community. Maddie is in love. No one who loves another person would choke him or her out the way he did. Nate doesn’t love Maddie. He will wind up killing her. That’s the trajection he’s on. He’s a true psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 204July 30, 2019 12:17 AM

[quote]He’s a true psychopath.

Jacob Elordi has talked in interviews how he tries to channel Christian Bale in American Psycho to create Nate. I think he is doing a good job, he can be so eerily uncomfortable and intimidating in just his body language.

by Anonymousreply 205July 30, 2019 12:22 AM

Maddy is extremely loyal and somewhat strong, unlike his mother. She is submissive to him, to a fault, which is why they show that she can make Nate cry (motel montage). She is physically beautiful and dresses the way he likes, outside of the carnival when she was angry about the dick pics on his phone.

by Anonymousreply 206July 30, 2019 12:24 AM

She's not a midget; he is just freakishly tall. There are a lot of relationships like that.

In some sick way, she does own him, but he could physically overtake her, as we have already seen with him choking her out.

Someone is going to end up dead, and Nate will have something to do with it. Maybe not this season, but eventually.

by Anonymousreply 207July 30, 2019 12:38 AM

Nate towers over everyone in the cast, Jacob Elordi is really damn tall.

by Anonymousreply 208July 30, 2019 12:41 AM

Someone is going to die in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 209July 30, 2019 2:24 AM

Jacob Ellrdis gorgeousness is a big part of the appeal. He has star power and charisma as well as looks. Zendaya is meh. Nate is electrifying every time he is on screen, but see what happens when his looks fade. Like the Superman kid.

by Anonymousreply 210July 30, 2019 3:11 AM

Don't be delusional r210, Zendaya is killing this role r210. Much to my surprise actually, I just knew her as some Disney channel girl and didn't know had real acting chops.

by Anonymousreply 211July 30, 2019 3:24 AM

Honestly, the entire cast is great.

by Anonymousreply 212July 30, 2019 3:33 AM

I’m so sad there’s one episode left. This show is fantastic. There are moments that are so haunting and real while simultaneously surreal and ephemeral. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced a show like this before.

by Anonymousreply 213July 30, 2019 3:50 AM

I've become a big fan of the show as well r213, but it's already been renewed for another season. There is more Euphoria coming, no need to get dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 214July 30, 2019 3:53 AM

R214 thanks - I wasn’t aware it had been renewed

by Anonymousreply 215July 30, 2019 3:56 AM

Zendaya rules. She is totally believable - messy, appealing, bittersweet, annoying. She's given a performance in this better than any of her elders in Big Little Lies. Elordis - he's pretty, but pretty Blank Frank. Not much there... which I guess works for the character. Sociopath. Seems to have a flat affect even when crying in cookie's arms.

by Anonymousreply 216July 30, 2019 4:07 AM

[quote] Maddie is in love.

I don't think she is in love-love. Based on her episode all she wants is to be one of the women who get their nails done (and not end up like her mom working for rich women). Nate, and his family name and family wealth, can provide that. She managed to talk him into buying her a fur coat (like Sharon Stone in Casino). She is determined to make the relationship work to achieve her goal. Without Nate who else can give her the life she craves?

by Anonymousreply 217July 30, 2019 4:57 AM

Zendaya is incredible. The part in the latest episode alone where her characters suffers from such a severe depression that she can't even bring herself to go to the toilet to pee should give her at least an Emmy nomination.

The whole show is like a vicious face slapping for the viewer (kids really go through that shit these days ... too?).

by Anonymousreply 218July 30, 2019 5:03 AM

I've been deeply depressed before... hell, I'm deeply depressed now, but I've never been so low that I can't get myself to the bathroom. I'm sure it happens.

by Anonymousreply 219July 30, 2019 5:08 AM

I have to say I thought Rue’s manic episode, and the way she (somewhat) connected the dots of what is going on between Jules and Nate, was a fucking tour de force. And funny as hell. Brava. Rue is an almost fucking genius. She sorely underestimated Nate and that could be fatal for someone close to her.

by Anonymousreply 220July 30, 2019 7:01 AM

[Quote] Nate is electrifying every time he is on screen, but see what happens when his looks fade. Like the Superman kid.

Which Superman?? Tom Welling??

by Anonymousreply 221July 30, 2019 7:06 AM

Welling's still fuckable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222July 30, 2019 9:04 AM

[quote]I've been deeply depressed before... hell, I'm deeply depressed now, but I've never been so low that I can't get myself to the bathroom. I'm sure it happens.

It's so specific I'm sure it comes directly from Sam Levinson's own experience, a lot of this show does.

Apparently the Jules/Nate scene in the pilot is directly from his own life

[quote]The story in the pilot between Nate (Jacob Elordi) and Jules, where Jules picks up a kitchen knife and [cuts herself], that's a real story. I was at a party, I was wearing a dress or some outlandish outfit and I was about to get the shit beaten out of me. I thought, “Maybe I can avoid getting punched and beaten up if I hurt myself first.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223July 30, 2019 1:45 PM

R219 Trust me it happens, I've spent the better part of two hours motivating myself to get out of bed and take a piss and it's been a handful of times. Especially rough on weekends, when there can be the feeling of not needing to get out of bed for anything.

by Anonymousreply 224July 30, 2019 2:13 PM

I'm glad Tyler cleared up the fact that Nate didn't rape him. When he went through his list of injuries he didn't mention his booty hole. I assume that is still tight, until Prison.

by Anonymousreply 225July 30, 2019 8:27 PM

Why didn't Jules just threaten to out the dad? That would have pretty much demolished Nate and his entire family.

by Anonymousreply 226July 30, 2019 10:50 PM

What proof does she have? It's just her word.

by Anonymousreply 227July 30, 2019 10:52 PM

R227 They met online, right? Digital trail would be proof of, at the least, agreeing to meet. Then dad's renting a motel leaves a record.

by Anonymousreply 228July 30, 2019 11:35 PM

I don't think he sent her anything identifying over the apps from what I remember. When she was trying to prove it to Rue she apparently couldn't just pull out her phone, she had to confront him to try to prove it.

by Anonymousreply 229July 31, 2019 12:16 AM

zero consequences for nate so far? haven't seen the latest.

by Anonymousreply 230July 31, 2019 3:05 AM

Smooth sailing for Nate so far.

by Anonymousreply 231July 31, 2019 6:04 AM

Not that smooth since he got dragged out of school for assaulting Maddie.

by Anonymousreply 232July 31, 2019 6:07 AM

Did you not watch the last two episodes? He manipulated his way back into his former social standing, and now with the majority of the school believing he was wrongly accused.

by Anonymousreply 233July 31, 2019 6:12 AM

Well he ain't fooling McSteamy

by Anonymousreply 234July 31, 2019 6:20 AM

The thing is, he's got dirt on McSteamy as well. If he wanted to exert power over his father he's got the currency to.

by Anonymousreply 235July 31, 2019 6:30 AM

R235 also true.

by Anonymousreply 236July 31, 2019 11:31 AM

[quote] Did you not watch the last two episodes? He manipulated his way back into his former social standing, and now with the majority of the school believing he was wrongly accused.

Smooth sailing would imply that his social standing wasn't in danger at any time.

by Anonymousreply 237July 31, 2019 11:35 AM

I feel that Nate will get his comeuppance in the season finale or a cliffhanger. Hopefully he will have his ass get fuk by Fez’s goon acquaintances.

by Anonymousreply 238July 31, 2019 12:45 PM

When it comes to the real important issues, I feel Euphoria is trying to show as realistic a picture as possible. That being said. I've known people like Nate all my life. They've gotten away with shit all their lives. They are always able to use their looks and intellect to manipulate out of any bad situation. Even those rare times when discovered and held accountable for some horrible action, they find ways of using it to their advantage.

Anyone else find this true?

by Anonymousreply 239July 31, 2019 6:42 PM

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 240July 31, 2019 6:54 PM

Nate's luck is about to run out.

by Anonymousreply 241August 1, 2019 12:00 AM

Yes, r239. My brother. A George Clooney clone and a charming weasel. Screwed my mom and me over and many others throughout his life, without a ding.

I do my damndest not to be bitter but it’s a struggle.

by Anonymousreply 242August 1, 2019 12:11 AM

Anyone else think Zendaya is one of the most brilliant young actresses today?

by Anonymousreply 243August 2, 2019 2:06 AM

Haha, I like Zendaya, but not... I mean... she's occasionally uneven in Euphoria. Let her act in a few more things before we make those sort of statements.

by Anonymousreply 244August 2, 2019 2:07 AM

but no*

by Anonymousreply 245August 2, 2019 2:08 AM

I dunno, I think she’s got something really special.

by Anonymousreply 246August 2, 2019 2:18 AM

I’ll start watching the show as soon as they have gay men having sex.

by Anonymousreply 247August 2, 2019 3:20 AM

I wouldn’t call Zendaya brilliant, but she’s very, very good in Euphoria, and I don’t think she’s uneven, either — not even on occasion. It’s a great performance and really surprising.

by Anonymousreply 248August 2, 2019 6:49 AM

I'd agree she's uneven at times. Maybe more like she doesn't push it far enough in some scenes. She's pretty good overall, though. You could easily tend towards chewing the scenery with this role, and at least she doesn't do that.

by Anonymousreply 249August 2, 2019 12:39 PM

She plays someone who is bipolar. The lows are pretty accurate. Total inertia and lack of interest in anything other than getting high to escape the pain. The manic episode was right on too. My mother was bipolar and the crazy shit that they do is hard to believe for people who have never dealt with the disease. The toll it takes on family members who are left to clean up the mess is soul killing. I loved her but she made our lives a living hell when she was out of control.

by Anonymousreply 250August 3, 2019 1:26 AM

Why don’t gays try supporting shows with gay male characters in them? Who the fuck cares about Boredaya?

by Anonymousreply 251August 3, 2019 3:07 AM

Um, this show has Nate's father fucking dudes in motels. In Jules, a female with a dick and tits. Nate has kissed Jules, a trans woman, twice and has dick pics on his phone. Seems rather gay to me.

by Anonymousreply 252August 3, 2019 3:17 AM

So Nate actually wants Jules?

by Anonymousreply 253August 3, 2019 4:55 AM

What was that little box Cassie was looking at?

by Anonymousreply 254August 3, 2019 5:00 AM

The scene where Zendaya is talking about reality shows was a little too accurate 😣

by Anonymousreply 255August 3, 2019 5:04 AM

[quote]Um, this show has Nate's father fucking dudes in motels. In Jules, a female with a dick and tits. Nate has kissed Jules, a trans woman, twice and has dick pics on his phone. Seems rather gay to me

The Trans sex has nothing to do with gay themes. Trans does not equal gay, so no. It is not rather gay.

by Anonymousreply 256August 3, 2019 5:16 AM

Nate needs to get killed off. I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 257August 3, 2019 5:58 AM

Then who will we jerk off to?

by Anonymousreply 258August 3, 2019 6:17 AM

Was any of this real? Did Nate feel anything?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259August 3, 2019 6:34 AM

Heartbreaking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260August 3, 2019 6:34 AM

Fucked up hallucination

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261August 3, 2019 6:37 AM

[quote]Then who will we jerk off to?

The true hottie of the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262August 3, 2019 6:38 AM

I don't like my boys doughy and dim, hard pass on the dealer.

by Anonymousreply 263August 3, 2019 6:43 AM

I feel the same. Nate sucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264August 3, 2019 6:54 AM

In r251's gay world view, all gays should just hold hands and sing kumbaya.

by Anonymousreply 265August 3, 2019 11:06 AM

[Quote]I’ll start watching the show as soon as they have gay men having sex.

R247 Same.

by Anonymousreply 266August 3, 2019 11:24 AM

This show is not for the gay professional victims.

by Anonymousreply 267August 3, 2019 12:01 PM

I don't understand why they chose this show of all shows to bitch about... like Euphoria's the specific target of their rage. It's stupid.

by Anonymousreply 268August 3, 2019 8:15 PM

Looks like Maddy will get shot in this episode. Maybe taking a bullet for Nate?

by Anonymousreply 269August 4, 2019 12:49 PM

Where did you see/hear that?

by Anonymousreply 270August 4, 2019 1:14 PM

So we watching and chatting the finale here? EST time here.

by Anonymousreply 271August 4, 2019 1:41 PM

Yarp!

by Anonymousreply 272August 4, 2019 1:46 PM

Even though the wikipedia entry as of right now still refers Ashtray as Fez's little brother, apparently he is not. Which confuses me even more.

[quote]We need to talk about the character Ashtray played by Javon Walton. He is your little brother on the show, right? "We aren't related by blood. He is my little buddy, my sidekick."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273August 4, 2019 6:02 PM

[quote]So we watching and chatting the finale here? EST time here.

There never seems to be anywhere here watching it live, posts tend not to come in til later.

by Anonymousreply 274August 4, 2019 6:23 PM

It airs at an odd time for me. Like I can stay up and watch then post, but I'd prefer to just head to bed and talk about the show the next day. It's a work night.

by Anonymousreply 275August 4, 2019 7:16 PM

R270 This photo going around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276August 4, 2019 7:35 PM

R276 that velour track suit is definitely a Maddy fit too. Interesting...

by Anonymousreply 277August 4, 2019 7:38 PM

Thank God Nate and his Zaddy are safe. One less woman on that show won't hurt anyone.

by Anonymousreply 278August 4, 2019 8:37 PM

I wandered off in the middle of “the review” at r264. I peed. Got a snack. Checked some plants to see if they needed water. Returned to my iPad and this silly bitch was still talking. A pox on you r264. A pox I say.

by Anonymousreply 279August 4, 2019 9:43 PM

The face of the mannequin looks more like Lexie. And the hair. Also too tall to be Maddie.

by Anonymousreply 280August 4, 2019 9:49 PM

Err, you realize the girl that plays Maddie is taller than the girl that plays Lexi r280?

by Anonymousreply 281August 4, 2019 9:57 PM

It’s hard to gauge how tall she is because most of the time she’s with Nate and she looks like a teacup poodle next to him;)

by Anonymousreply 282August 4, 2019 10:16 PM

I could understand if they really killed-off Maddie. She's a major character only because she's Nate's gf but ultimately she's dispensable and her death would help move the story forward.

by Anonymousreply 283August 4, 2019 11:44 PM

Nate's story is going to drag on like The Talented Mr. Ripley. Implausible evasions etc.

by Anonymousreply 284August 5, 2019 1:25 AM

A story needs conflict and characters that will cause conflict.

It will run its course, but right now I still think there is more to explore with Nate. Not ready to say goodbye to him yet.

by Anonymousreply 285August 5, 2019 1:32 AM

I still need to see Nate’s dick. And Ethan’s.

by Anonymousreply 286August 5, 2019 1:33 AM

And Tyler’s. Maybe he can have an Orange Is the New Black gay spinofff.

by Anonymousreply 287August 5, 2019 1:53 AM

Love the opening with the fire. If only.

by Anonymousreply 288August 5, 2019 2:12 AM

Oh the world of Euphoria where highschool is the free for all where everything goes. The outfits at this dance are pretty amusing.

by Anonymousreply 289August 5, 2019 2:34 AM

God Nate is a monster. Fucking freak. Glad Call showed him.

by Anonymousreply 290August 5, 2019 2:44 AM

*Cal

by Anonymousreply 291August 5, 2019 2:44 AM

So does Nate’s dad fuck him? Is that why he’s so messed up?

by Anonymousreply 292August 5, 2019 2:45 AM

Fez is hot.

by Anonymousreply 293August 5, 2019 2:46 AM

That scene between Nate and Cal was fantastic, so intense.

by Anonymousreply 294August 5, 2019 2:47 AM

When Middle America sees this, how do they react?

by Anonymousreply 295August 5, 2019 2:48 AM

If you are a some family-friendly conservative you aren't going to watch an HBO drama about a teenage drug addict whose press revolved around a scene with 30 dicks r295.

by Anonymousreply 296August 5, 2019 3:00 AM

WTF is going on. Did Rue OD?

by Anonymousreply 297August 5, 2019 3:00 AM

The ending sucked.

Glad Kat made a good decision. Her now-boyfriend is adorable. In my fantasies he's with Nate.

Nate needs some dick stat.

by Anonymousreply 298August 5, 2019 3:10 AM

Ethan is fucking awesome. Need a guy like him.

by Anonymousreply 299August 5, 2019 3:13 AM

Maggie is hilarious. What's she going to do with the video?

by Anonymousreply 300August 5, 2019 3:16 AM

*Maddie

by Anonymousreply 301August 5, 2019 3:17 AM

Man, Sam Levinson must have been very confident HBO would give him a season 2. Just let it pretty up in the air.

And all these fan theories about who would get killed, and the answer is no one. I guess this show isn't going to go that soapy.

by Anonymousreply 302August 5, 2019 3:17 AM

Was the actor playing Nate really hitting his head against the floor?

"Faggot" came out of his mouth a little too smoothly.

by Anonymousreply 303August 5, 2019 3:22 AM

Someone like Ethan could heal Nate. I've seen it.

by Anonymousreply 304August 5, 2019 3:24 AM

Not surprising, Nate would have called his Dad that a million times in his head r303. I'm sure he enjoyed finally saying it to his face.

by Anonymousreply 305August 5, 2019 3:25 AM

Elordi just killed it in his scenes with Dane. Cal finally realizes how his secret life hasn’t been a secret to his son and how it has turned him into a monster. Devastating. Beautiful piece of acting by the actress who plays Kat. I hated the ending too but I guess that’s the point Levinson is making about addiction.

by Anonymousreply 306August 5, 2019 3:26 AM

[Quote]So does Nate’s dad fuck him? Is that why he’s so messed up?

I don't think so, but the way Nate got so close to him in just his undies did make it seem he was trying to tempt him and fuck with his Dads head.

by Anonymousreply 307August 5, 2019 3:27 AM

Popping in on reddit and it seems the nonlinear story telling confused lots of people. I thought it was fun personally.

Though the final scene music sequence with hoodies dancers and that ended in Zendaya singing was a bit over the the top.

by Anonymousreply 308August 5, 2019 3:41 AM

Nate is the only evil fuck in the entire show. Everyone else is likable in their own way.

by Anonymousreply 309August 5, 2019 3:48 AM

I think Maddie is a bitch, and almost deserves Nate. Aside from that, I agree with R309

by Anonymousreply 310August 5, 2019 3:55 AM

Who cares if he is a bad guy? Nate is the most interesting character to watch. His scenes are electric.

by Anonymousreply 311August 5, 2019 3:55 AM

The start of the scene with Cal and Nate could have been the start of the greatest gay porn film of all time!.

by Anonymousreply 312August 5, 2019 4:00 AM

This show continues to be the successor to Skins, complete with the season ending in a musical number.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313August 5, 2019 4:16 AM

Oh my God that was one of the worst season finales I've ever seen. Did I really need a music video? That I really need 5 minutes recycled scenes from Rue's life? I don't think they had any idea how to end this one. So many Loose Ends and so many pointless tangents.

by Anonymousreply 314August 5, 2019 4:16 AM

Apparently they changed things from the original script quite a bit. What was originally supposed to happen:

the pilot for shock purposes later. It’s unclear if the producers intended to keep this plotline for the finale tonight or if they simply decided not to run with this particular plot point.

After a voiceover from Rue that’s narrated similarly to the way the pilot actually aired, the script indicates that we jump ahead to “present day” and see a wreathed photo of a smiling jock propped on the 50-yard line.

Rue’s voiceover reads: “Last week, Nate Jacobs, star quarterback of the football team, was found dead in a cornfield off Route 38…” Then the script indicates that we see the cop and sheriff standing over his body, which is beaten so badly they can only identify him because of the monogram on his jacket. Rue says in the voiceover: “Don’t feel bad, Nate Jacobs was a part time alcoholic, part time groper, full time f***ng asshole… And if I’m going to be entirely honest… I’m the one who killed him.”

The pilot also shows Madison grief-stricken over Nate’s death. Then the show goes back in time to four months before Nate’s death, when Jules first moved to town.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315August 5, 2019 4:23 AM

Yes the original pilot script is quite different from the pilot we got, but that's not unusual. Things are always been retooled in those early stages.

Who knows, Sam Levinson might still have Rue kill Nate one day.

by Anonymousreply 316August 5, 2019 4:27 AM

Nate is such a young Matt Dillon!

Hey, is Matt working these days?

by Anonymousreply 317August 5, 2019 4:32 AM

Who did Fez rob? And did he murder the guy? And about the timeline did all of the non -prom events take place before prom? Also I didn't see Rue take any drugs before the drugged-out ending scenes did I miss that? What was Lexi on about?

by Anonymousreply 318August 5, 2019 4:41 AM

I really get the sense that tonight’s episode was retooled. I don’t understand why they would abandon the character intro that Rue does each week, and I swear that it was stated earlier that it would be Fez. But yet there was tons of content from many characters so that seems unlikely too.

I think I would have liked last week’s episode to have ended the season, and this to start the next if they are going in a new direction. I’m really going to miss the backstory intros.

by Anonymousreply 319August 5, 2019 4:41 AM

The ratings are not good for this show. It gets half the viewers of Big Little Lies, which doesn't get many viewers itself.

by Anonymousreply 320August 5, 2019 4:42 AM

[quote]This show is not for the gay professional victims.

This show is not for gays. [bold]Period[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 321August 5, 2019 4:47 AM

It’s a show about teens. No different from “Secrets of Midland Heights” in 1980 or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 322August 5, 2019 5:00 AM

Whoever shot episodes 1-4 needs to shoot all the episodes in Season 2, stop being a lazy fuck, you are the best.

I'm more confused about Nate than ever. Like what does he want and why did Maddy keep the DVD a secrete. Why did he leave that DVD in a book on his dresser while his nosey girlfriend was around? Like does football get him off or was he having problems getting it up due to stress?

I told ya'll that Fez was pure trash. Even Nate called out his low class tendencies.

I thought something would happen now that all the girls were together at the dance, but it lead to nothing. Like they've all been through some shit, but really it ended up nowhere. Nate and Cal are the only two people with a real story arc. Maybe Cassie learned to stop giving it up to every guy that gives her attention, but for the most part everyone is where they were at the night of the part on episode 1.

by Anonymousreply 323August 5, 2019 5:00 AM

Follow up note. What should be the driving factor for viewers in Season 2? We were left with nothing. No cliffhanger or mayor development.

by Anonymousreply 324August 5, 2019 5:02 AM

Oh and another question: Why DID Nate have all those dick pics?

For a while I thought it was part of his fake online seduction of jewels. But you would have noticed that they were all from different guys. So what gives?

by Anonymousreply 325August 5, 2019 5:07 AM

R112 Imagine how wary and distressed they must have been when Markle arrived on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 326August 5, 2019 5:30 AM

Woopsie wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 327August 5, 2019 5:31 AM

[R112] Imagine how wary and distressed they must have been when Markle arrived on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 328August 5, 2019 5:32 AM

This review of the finale is quite on point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329August 5, 2019 5:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330August 5, 2019 5:47 AM

I thought it was a pretty bravura ending if we're being honest. I don't know that Euphoria's ever been the most structurally sound show. I'd say that its addictive style is its strongest aspect, followed by the actors and their characters. I do wish a revelation or two had occurred in the finale instead of left for its second season... I wouldn't be surprised if things were retooled after the creators found out they'd been renewed.

That being said, I thought it was an intense sensory experience and the musical number at the end was beautiful.

Here's Nate's ass for those interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331August 5, 2019 5:57 AM

Who is he fucking in that shot?

by Anonymousreply 332August 5, 2019 6:14 AM

R332 Do you not watch the show?

by Anonymousreply 333August 5, 2019 6:17 AM

I just rewatched the fight between Nate and Cal. Im' sorry to say that I think Nate was being molested by Cal. Cal already knew that his son found his videos when they did the flashback with childhood Nate. Cal comes into his room for a pointless chat that could have occurred in the morning, Catholic Priest vibes. Cal's other son hates him and notices a weird relationship between Nate and Cal, or he resents the attention Nate gets from his father.

The moment that tipped the scale was was when Nate looked at himself in the mirror as Cal had him pinned down on the floor. The director intentionally pushed for that shot, from the bed, which is similar to Nate and Tyler. Nate's been in that position before, which is why he replayed the action with Tyler. He really started to breakdown when he saw himself back in that helpless position under his father. Ad all that to the way he approached his father, in only underwear, seemed to almost goad Cal to try to touch him again. Nate felt invincible that night (after the game), like a man in control.

Maddie said it best, this family (Nate's) is weird. All that destruction is going on in the house, yet Nate's mother is never around to inquire about her son or husband? Something is up. But, I now feel that Nate has been molested since his father found out that his son had similar preferences. This is the cause of the confusion.

For all we know, Nate could have been using those dick pics to catfish his father or some other older men. Despite everything, he still likes to watch his father fuck other men on tape. The dicks are brought up this episode, when he argues with Maddy but he doesn't explain to her or the audience the reason for them on his phone.

by Anonymousreply 334August 5, 2019 6:19 AM

The gonzo editing made it really hard to follow the timeline of events. i think it was too ambitious to try and cover the culmination of that many character arcs in one episode, which came at the sacrifice of any genuine tension or crescendo that could have been achieved with a more singular focus. That being said, it was a solid first season with a visually arresting style that is truly unlike anything else on TV. I can't wait for season 2!

by Anonymousreply 335August 5, 2019 6:19 AM

P.S. Cal probably did the same thing to Nate's third brother, who we never see, which leads me to believe that kid offed himself.

by Anonymousreply 336August 5, 2019 6:24 AM

I like Nate's drunk brother.

by Anonymousreply 337August 5, 2019 6:24 AM

That's a really provocative assessment, r 334 and I definitely think there's something to that. There was a sort of homoerotic element to that scene, as if he was trying to both intimidate and seduce his father, before he had that visceral and psychotic breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 338August 5, 2019 6:27 AM

[quote]Do you not watch the show?

Bitch, would I be asking if I knew ?? Shut the fuck up of you can't answer the question.

by Anonymousreply 339August 5, 2019 6:31 AM

I think all of that is definitely there, but Euphoria operates in such an obfuscating manner when it comes to Nate's sexuality. It reminds me of the conversation about whether Nate raped Tyler earlier in the season. I think we're meant to believe he didn't, but there's so much homoeroticism surrounding his character that it's difficult not to think that way. I'd rather the show actually explore the fucking subject instead of hinting at it.

by Anonymousreply 340August 5, 2019 6:32 AM

Nate isn't Cal's type.

by Anonymousreply 341August 5, 2019 6:34 AM

r341 how do we know what type Cal gets into? It's gross, but when it comes to molestation, wouldn't convenience be a factor. Nate would have been an easy target that proved to be great at keeping secretes. I won't go more into this now, cause it makes me uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 342August 5, 2019 6:40 AM

R342, because Cal likes slim femme boys and trans girls.

by Anonymousreply 343August 5, 2019 6:42 AM

I think R334 is right — Cal was fucking Nate.

That scene is homoerotic to the max. Nate invades Cal’s space and looks hot and sexy in the briefs, then moves even closer. When Cal tells him to step back, Nate tries to be the alpha his dad has always been, and we see a deliberate move from Nate — he goes to Cal’s neck to kiss him/be sexual. That’s when Cal pushes him away.

Then we again see Cal on top, the alpha dad he’s been all his like to Nate, with Nate screaming as if this rape has gone on for years.

I felt so bad and so sorry for Nate at that point. His father has messed him up so much and so completely. Still, I realize part of me is in lust with Nate’s looks and body, and maybe that’s part of my feelings about him.

He has been an awful human being, so awful that I’m not sure the writers allowed his character to earn any sympathy. Maybe the actor has done that for me , and maybe that’s how people are seduced by awful people.

by Anonymousreply 344August 5, 2019 6:54 AM

So is Rue dead?

by Anonymousreply 345August 5, 2019 8:36 AM

I think R334 has a great theory but I disagree. In episode 2, Nate mentions how he doesn't like his older brother, has no respect for his mom, but he seems to practically idolize his dad. And why would Nate go to such lengths to protect him if he felt he was being violated? If anything, I think the anger Nate's feeling might be anger and jealousy towards the kids his father seduces. A kind of wanting that attention for himself. As for when he assaults Tyler, yes, he uses those same moves he's seen his dad make, but that is from the videos. He sees himself as his father and, yes, re-enacting.But not because he himself was molested.

At least that is how I read it.

by Anonymousreply 346August 5, 2019 8:40 AM

OH- and remember the scene in episode two where his dad almost catches him sneaking into the office. There's this weird, awkward pause. Watch it again. It's like he's waiting for his dad to make some kind of physical move, but his dad refuses. That's why I don't think there was any physical molestation, and it could also explain Nate's deeply repressing his sexual attraction to men.

by Anonymousreply 347August 5, 2019 8:43 AM

I agree with you, R346/347 -- Nate has never gotten the approval and affection that he wants from his dad, yet he's seen his father give his affection freely to an endless series of boys. He wins the football game and instead of praise, his dad once again criticizes him – Nate basically reacts like "why can't you love me like you love all those boys?" It's really creepy, but I don't think there's been any molestation.

by Anonymousreply 348August 5, 2019 10:46 AM

I agree with R334.

by Anonymousreply 349August 5, 2019 11:11 AM

[quote]I don’t understand why they would abandon the character intro that Rue does each week,

The's the same way "Skins" did it, every episode spotlighted a character except for the finale.

by Anonymousreply 350August 5, 2019 11:34 AM

[quote]Whoever shot episodes 1-4 needs to shoot all the episodes in Season 2, stop being a lazy fuck, you are the best.

The same person didn't shoot 1-4. 1 was directed Augustine Frizzell, eps 2-4 were directed by Sam Levinson himself, as was the finale.

by Anonymousreply 351August 5, 2019 11:42 AM

[quote]When Cal tells him to step back, Nate tries to be the alpha his dad has always been, and we see a deliberate move from Nate — he goes to Cal’s neck to kiss him/be sexual. That’s when Cal pushes him away.

I think this was a choice by Nate to fuck with his Dad, trying to be like "Guess what, I know you are a faggot, I bet you even like this don't you?"

Cal could be lying, but when he was talking to the trick he talked about how he tried to keep his two lives very separate. He felt it was harboring this secret life that messed up Nate. Personally, I don't think the show is trying to say he molested him.

by Anonymousreply 352August 5, 2019 11:47 AM

[quote]The same person didn't shoot 1-4. 1 was directed Augustine Frizzell, eps 2-4 were directed by Sam Levinson himself, as was the finale.

They're likely talking about the director of photography who shot the first four episodes, Marcell Rev.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353August 5, 2019 11:50 AM

I know she's the main character, and I like her, but the whole last 10 minutes focusing on Rue annoyed me. I wanted to go back to the other characters.

by Anonymousreply 354August 5, 2019 12:07 PM

Oof, gurl. I agree with the AV Club's review - this finale was a structural MESS.

But Jacob Elordi showed his ass so, you know, it balances itself out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355August 5, 2019 12:11 PM

Also supposedly McKay is a main character right, I mean he got a backstory where people like Fez and Lexi did not. But he seems pretty removed from the storyline and wasn't even in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 356August 5, 2019 12:18 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the show runner bit off more than he could chew. Getting to know McKay over more central characters was a waste, especially considering the fact that he was off at college for the most part. His relationship with Nate wasn't even really explored... imagine how interesting it would have been if he and Nate still talked while all that controversial shit went down.

by Anonymousreply 357August 5, 2019 12:29 PM

Oh I love that read of the situation r348! I still can't read why he really freaked out when he saw the reflection of himself under his father.

by Anonymousreply 358August 5, 2019 1:05 PM

Maybe he got hard.

by Anonymousreply 359August 5, 2019 1:22 PM

Nate winning with the homerun and his Dad STILL badgering him about some stupid longterm concern broke the camel's back for Nate. That rage even scared his own Dad. Wow.

It is quite scary that Nate destroyed Rue's confidence with just a few words. Clearly the guy revels in being a sociopath and how to destry people.

I guess we saw the origin story about why Rue likes to wear the hoodie and why she was so uncomfortable the whole episode. That hoodie is her security blanket!

I am quite surprised how Maude Apatow and her character became front and center at the end. At first I thought she's just a bit and background player.

I don't understand what's going on with Fez. Why would he rob his drug dealer's boss? Face-Tattoo Guy will surely know where that money came from soon enough. And then Fez is a dead man for sure.

What a WTF? season. Can't wait for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 360August 5, 2019 4:42 PM

^^^ I hope you have the excuse of being not an American, cause even sports stupid me know Nate scored a touchdown and not a home run!

by Anonymousreply 361August 5, 2019 4:48 PM

Nate hates how he craves his Dad's approval. Nate knows that his relationship with Maddie is toxic, but it's the only thing he has outside whatever he does to make Dad proud and struggles with the relationship in part, because his Dad disapproves.

I believe that look in the mirror made Nate realize how much power his Dad has over him and no matter how many people Nate fucks with (like, say, Tyler) in the end, thanks to giving all his power to his Dad, he has none on his own. And that's what caused Nate's meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 362August 5, 2019 4:50 PM

r361. The only real excuse I have is that I am gay and it was an obvious brainfart from me. My apologies.

by Anonymousreply 363August 5, 2019 4:51 PM

Fez beat up the dealer's opioid supplier, who's a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 364August 5, 2019 4:53 PM

He needed a lot of cash fast or else he figured he was a dead man, there are only so many places that have an accessible supply of cash.

by Anonymousreply 365August 5, 2019 4:58 PM

Also I guess Fez managed to get rid of all the drugs so wasn't arrested when the cops raided his place?

by Anonymousreply 366August 5, 2019 4:59 PM

Well yeah, but Face-Tattoo guy will not like that and he will go after Fez anyway.

by Anonymousreply 367August 5, 2019 5:01 PM

I don’t think Cal molested Nate but watching those videos of his father with his barely legal tricks triggered something in HIM that caused him to fear that he was like his father because he was aroused by the pornographic images of his FATHER fucking another male. When his father came into the room to say goodnight to him after he had watched the first video he was uncomfortable because he was both repulsed by and attracted to his father. And that’s why he thinks he might be gay but he’s not attracted to or aroused by other males so it confuses the hell out of him. His fantasy is Daddy specific. But not reciprocated because his father wasn’t/isn’t into little boys. Nate is a damaged hot Freudian mess thanks to his father and if Cal didn’t know it before he sure knows it now.

by Anonymousreply 368August 5, 2019 8:37 PM

Going by R368's post, this season ends with the first half of their high school year. So next season will probably open with the start of their second half.

What if, say, Nate's history teacher is the coach of whatever sport Nate plays in the spring, (baseball? wrestling?). They cast an actor like Kyle Chandler to play the coach. Just puttin' it out there....

by Anonymousreply 369August 5, 2019 8:49 PM

I think Nate sexualizes his dad. He craves his attention and love that it has turned into misplaced sexual attraction.

by Anonymousreply 370August 5, 2019 8:53 PM

Unpopular opinion, but fuck Jules. What the fuck is she playing at? She leaves Rue behind and hooks up with another girl and now it's true love forever for her and this girl? And she disrespects Rue at the prom by choosing to focus on her new bitch in front of Rue. Spends most of the time in the toilet texting someone else. Rue should have told her to go fuck herself right in her little torn up asshole.

Rue deserves better than this and I hope she gets it next season. I'm also not happy that Zendaya is the star of the show yet they easily let a male asshole cut her down to pieces. As much as Rue hates Nate, the scene should have ended with Rue reminding Nate what a closet case asshole with daddy issues he is. Or have Rue kick him in the balls.

Oh and fuck Jules.

by Anonymousreply 371August 5, 2019 11:26 PM

I’d like to watch closet case Nate have gay sex, even if it’s with his father.

by Anonymousreply 372August 5, 2019 11:28 PM

Jules has been that way r371, she's always been promiscuous and done her own thing. She just hopped into bed with Rue because she was heart-broken over Nate/Tyler, they were friends with benefits, it was Rue who started taking it way too seriously in a way they was guaranteed to lead to heart break. The situation is really Sam Levinson making fun of that "Manic Pixie Dream Girl" trope. To Rue that's what she was, this person dropped into her life to just love her and solve all her problems, but that's not real, that's Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 373August 5, 2019 11:36 PM

Also people arguing about Nate's sexuality, the finale purposely had a scene where the only way Nate could get it up is to masturbate to *himself*. Really tells you what you need to know about his psychology and sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 374August 5, 2019 11:46 PM

I watched half an hour of the pilot today. I could go no further. Teenagers are horrible.

by Anonymousreply 375August 6, 2019 12:38 AM

[Quote] Teenagers are horrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376August 6, 2019 1:36 AM

R368 THIS

by Anonymousreply 377August 6, 2019 2:19 AM

I felt like the last episode pulled its punches in terms of Nate. They've been setting up Nate to either murder someone or be murdered, and nothing like that happened other than Rue's fantasy.

I thought Rue at the end had decided to commit suicide. Rue needs calm and stability, which she is never going to get with Jules, and it made sense that she would panic and stay behind. The pain was too much, so she made the choice that her mother talked about when reading the letter. The choice to overdose. The song was about all for love, so I felt like Rue thought everyone would be better off without her. But maybe I read too much into the episode.

by Anonymousreply 378August 6, 2019 2:23 AM

Jules is a mess, and the show clearly points that out. As soon as you’re done admiring the work of the actor, you can look at Jules and see right through her: she’s selfish and fickle and shallow. She cares a lot more about herself than anyone else.

Oh, and yeah, she’s selfish.

by Anonymousreply 379August 6, 2019 3:57 AM

Agreed. Jules is super selfish.

by Anonymousreply 380August 6, 2019 6:35 AM

[quote]Rue needs calm and stability, which she is never going to get with Jules

Exactly. Lexi is the one for her.

by Anonymousreply 381August 6, 2019 9:29 AM

R381 Lexi can do better than that. Rue needs to be single.

by Anonymousreply 382August 6, 2019 11:33 AM

I'm surprised they didn't explore more of the Lexi character when they were delving into Cassie's backstory. Obviously, they're sisters, but are they fraternal twins or is Lexi a younger sister? We really don't know much about their relationship dynamic. It would be easy to surmise that Lexi probably has dealt with feelings of inadequacy being compared to Cassie, who the boozy mother appears to favor because she's the more conventionally attractive of the two. What I appreciate about this show is that they haven't made the female characters catty towards one another or portray them as a popular girls clique like so many teen shows love to fetishize. I like that Kat is friends with Maddie and Cassie and they're all seemingly cool with Rue and Jules and there's no discernible hierarchy or pecking order.

by Anonymousreply 383August 6, 2019 2:51 PM

so is Nate gay?

by Anonymousreply 384August 6, 2019 2:53 PM

[Quote]Obviously, they're sisters, but are they fraternal twins or is Lexi a younger sister?

Lexi is a younger sister.

The characters are a mix of seniors and juniors. Nate and Cassie are seniors, while Rue and Lexi are juniors.

by Anonymousreply 385August 6, 2019 3:07 PM

Jacob Elordi says he got a concussion filming that scene

[Quote]I was bleeding. I got a concussion. I ended up throwing up after work. It was gnarly. It was really, really gnarly, but it came at the end of my shooting period. I was just wrapping the show around that time. So it was almost like this massive letting go of everything over the eight months that we filmed.

Also on a Nate redemption

[Quote]Would you want Nate to have redemption in season two? Or keep down this path? Whatever it is, I want him to have a life and I want it to be honest. I truly don’t have any qualms about which direction it goes. I mean, obviously, it would be a lovely story if he turned out to be a real sunflower and lit up the world. But I definitely want it to be just true and real to his experience and I want it to kind of make sense. And I’m not sure what that looks like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386August 6, 2019 3:14 PM

Rue's mom giving the speech... in a church? What drug treatment program has a "service" like that, with several people up on the stage, and someone giving a speech, under the cross? With folks sitting in the sanctuary... Rue NOT sitting with her sister? Seems like Rue was a ghost at her own funeral. Mom's speech sounded like a eulogy.

by Anonymousreply 387August 6, 2019 3:19 PM

R387, I thought that too.

R386, that’s crazy if the actor was really hitting his head like that and the producers allowed him to.

by Anonymousreply 388August 6, 2019 4:02 PM

I LOVE Maddie. Just the rhythm and intensity of her speech patterns. Not sure how much is acting and how much is being the right person for that role - but she is an iconic tough Bitch. Luv hu

by Anonymousreply 389August 6, 2019 4:09 PM

Uh oh, SAG will be paying HBO a visit. A concussion is a clear danger and the insurance company will be on SAG's ass the moment they read this.

by Anonymousreply 390August 6, 2019 7:32 PM

I also thought Rue was a junior. But at an NA meeting, she states her age as 17, which is the age of a senior. (other characters, like Kat, have said they are 16). So I am still confused.

by Anonymousreply 391August 6, 2019 7:39 PM

R391, people have birthdays throughout the year. Students in a given class will be different ages.

by Anonymousreply 392August 6, 2019 7:40 PM

R392 True. But this season takes place in the fall. Which means Rue turns 18 the following year, which would make her a senior unless A) her Bday is in Nov/December, B) she started school a year late.

by Anonymousreply 393August 6, 2019 7:59 PM

This really doesn't require debate, people have early birthdays. Its not unusual to turn 17 early into your junior year, some people will turn 17 in September, some people not til July.

by Anonymousreply 394August 6, 2019 8:10 PM

"I had a concussion" is probably a PR lie.

by Anonymousreply 395August 6, 2019 8:12 PM

R294 It's just the problem that consistently happens with shows that take place in high school. The creators don't know or haven't planned on a show's longevity, so the ages of the kids start off ambiguously or are inconsistent. Think of the ages of the kids in 90210, or how many years the kids in That 70s Show stayed in high school. At first, they appeared to be of senior age, but by season 4, we were supposed to believe they were passing joints in the basement at age 14.

by Anonymousreply 396August 6, 2019 8:21 PM

Possibly, but when I was watching that scene I couldn't help but think that looked like he was really hurting himself r395.

by Anonymousreply 397August 6, 2019 8:25 PM

We know how old Rue is because she stated in the first episode that she was born three days after 9/11, so the character's birth date is September 14, 2001. If the events of the show are to have taken place last Fall (2018), Rue was 17.

by Anonymousreply 398August 6, 2019 9:07 PM

I love Maddie too. When she’s watching Nate ass grabbing her rival and she gets that look on her face that was probably duplicated a hundred thousand times by those of us who were watching along with her and feeling her revulsion. Eww. And...eww.

by Anonymousreply 399August 6, 2019 9:48 PM

It’s important TV.

by Anonymousreply 400August 6, 2019 11:05 PM

I, personally, do not care for the Maddie character. She's a self-absorbed asshole. But the actress did a pretty good job in the Maddie episode.

Jules is a selfish cunt. Did the actress actually claim to "pass" as a woman? Because that walk of hers gives her up every time she's on screen. It's also about the awkward way she carries herself in those clothes.

by Anonymousreply 401August 6, 2019 11:09 PM

I wasn't repulsed. Her rival had a nice ass. I was floored with the way Nate got away with fondling her like that in public.

by Anonymousreply 402August 6, 2019 11:12 PM

R402, alpha high school athletes get away with everything.

by Anonymousreply 403August 6, 2019 11:13 PM

I thought it was funny that he couldn't dance.

The vid below was my favorite part of the show. The way it's shot, the way they're dancing, the middle fingers, the finger guns, Jules' hand flourishes at the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404August 7, 2019 12:06 AM

It’s unique. And some good acting. And writing. Better - or at least more interesting - than 90% of the new crap put out.

by Anonymousreply 405August 7, 2019 12:12 AM

Ashtray is played by a 11/12 year old? No way because I saw online all these people want to fuck him. I thought he was a little person of age.

by Anonymousreply 406August 7, 2019 12:23 AM

R406, apparently he’s 13 now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407August 7, 2019 12:27 AM

Hot kid. I'd hit it.

by Anonymousreply 408August 7, 2019 12:34 AM

High school has really changed since the late sixties, lol.

by Anonymousreply 409August 7, 2019 1:00 AM

The Nate and Maddie dance-off was the most ridiculous and yet highly entertaining thing among so many great moments on this show. I could watch the clip of Jules’ and Rue’s interpretative dance, which I will refer to as I Shot The Hottie, all day. Another great moment.

by Anonymousreply 410August 7, 2019 1:16 AM

After watching Pose, I’m really impressed with Hunter Schaefer. Actually a good actress not just a semi-passable trans girl like those messes on Pose.

by Anonymousreply 411August 7, 2019 1:21 AM

R409 Yeah, I got called to the Principal's office because my sideburns were below my ear lobes.

To ask a really old fart question of those who know (or are) Generation Z … does current music (hip hop, rap) that seems so relentlessly about sex/ass/pussy/blowme and drugs/krunk/weed/dealing have an impact on high school behavior and culture, or is the music reflective of what's already there. I suspect Euphoria's scene is pretty close to a lot of high schools in 2019. I read this weekend about climate change projections - no human will be able to live outside at the equator in 2100.

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

by Anonymousreply 412August 7, 2019 1:21 AM

[quote]I suspect Euphoria's scene is pretty close to a lot of high schools in 2019. I

Euphoria is a surrealist TV show and it does not resemble a real high school. You couldn't enter a highschool dance wearing those outfits!

[quote]Does current music (hip hop, rap) that seems so relentlessly about sex/ass/pussy/blowme and drugs/krunk/weed/dealing have an impact on high school behavior and culture

The idea that younger generations are crazier than past generations is a myth that persists in spite of the fact it has been debunked over and over.

There have always been teens having sex, drinking and doing drugs, but rates of all these behaviors are down, not up. Really not surprising if you think about it, so much of life revolves around the internet now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413August 7, 2019 1:44 AM

I'm really glad cell phones and internet did not exist when I was a teenager. However, those outfits were pretty accurate at the dance. My niece won prom queen wearing basically a bra top and skirt cut to her vagina.

by Anonymousreply 414August 7, 2019 2:23 AM

R413 I've worked in high school campuses for many years, so the observation wasn't entirely speculative. I am in California, however. Teen drug use is down (except for marijuana, which is up), but teen overdose is up. My take is the number who "experiment" once or twice is marginally down, but heavy use is up. And just because a demographic phenomenon has occurred in the past doesn't insist that it is replicated in the present. In any case... just interesting that this is my (now aged) perspective.

by Anonymousreply 415August 7, 2019 3:00 AM

Good point r419. What’s scary to me is that instead of experimenting with pot or coke or mushrooms, kids are trying pills - which as the storyline with Rue makes clear are not something you just play with and move on. Less illegal fun drugs and more “legal” dangerously addictive drugs - which turn into heroin/fentanyl.

by Anonymousreply 416August 7, 2019 3:31 AM

I wonder what happened to the character BB? She disappeared halfway through the season. I thought she was funny.

by Anonymousreply 417August 7, 2019 3:50 AM

Yeah, I heard Ashtray has quite the groupies who want that lil peen, men and women.

by Anonymousreply 418August 7, 2019 3:54 AM

Haha, BB did disappear didn't she? She was funny when Kat and Maddie were going after each other's throats at the dinner table.

I don't understand how anyone could want any other character's peen when Fezco's in the mix.

by Anonymousreply 419August 7, 2019 3:57 AM

R387 I think the previous NA meetings also took place in the church, only at night. I guess this was supposed to be some kind of family sharing day.

by Anonymousreply 420August 7, 2019 4:03 AM

R420 Twelve step meetings in churches, yep, all the time. In social halls, basements.... never seen anything in a sanctuary.

by Anonymousreply 421August 7, 2019 4:08 AM

R416 is from the future

by Anonymousreply 422August 7, 2019 4:45 AM

^^^ You know I've wondered about this too? Isn't DL sophisticated enough to realize that their is no tread when it is referencing one that does not yet exist? Where are the mods, are they not doing their job? I want a refund!

by Anonymousreply 423August 7, 2019 2:52 PM

buyraul@gmail.com

by Anonymousreply 424August 7, 2019 2:57 PM

[quote]Isn't DL sophisticated enough to realize that their is no tread

Oh, [bold]DEAR[/bold]!

And the irony, while you are speaking of sophistication no less.

[quote]Where are the mods, are they not doing their job?

No, I don't think you would enjoy what Muriel had to say to you.

by Anonymousreply 425August 7, 2019 2:59 PM

On that Ashtray kid's IG, someone said, "I bet "Ashtray" could fuck real good" and it was deleted within 10 mins. Good.

by Anonymousreply 426August 7, 2019 8:58 PM

Angus Cloud doesn't update his IG nearly enough.

by Anonymousreply 427August 7, 2019 11:56 PM

Yes, people seem to want to fuck Ashtray. He's 12. They want his dick. The actor is very physical and is now 13 (barely) but people want him to bang him. Bad. His IG comments are disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 428August 8, 2019 12:34 AM

Are the accounts leaving those comments at least around his age?

by Anonymousreply 429August 8, 2019 12:39 AM

[Quote] On that Ashtray kid's IG, someone said, "I bet "Ashtray" could fuck real good" and it was deleted within 10 mins. Good.

[Quote] Yes, people seem to want to fuck Ashtray. He's 12. They want his dick. The actor is very physical and is now 13 (barely) but people want him to bang him. Bad. His IG comments are disturbing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430August 8, 2019 6:39 AM

How were the ratings?

by Anonymousreply 431August 8, 2019 2:48 PM

Well the numbers were good enough for HBO that they renewed it halfway through the season r431. I'm sure they appreciate it has the youngest audience of their lineup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432August 8, 2019 3:15 PM

Well the numbers were good enough for HBO that they renewed it halfway through the season r431. I'm sure they appreciate it has the youngest audience of their lineup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433August 8, 2019 3:15 PM

Ratings for Euphoria were the highest for any HBO show. Ever. Including The Sopranos. This show is a monster. HBO is hip again thanks to the youngsters. Euphoria will sweep the Emmys except for whatever category Meryl is competing in. And even then there might be an upset.

by Anonymousreply 434August 8, 2019 3:33 PM

^^^I would be all in for Hunter to go up against Meryl for best supporting.

by Anonymousreply 435August 8, 2019 3:36 PM

Lol r434, yes if only other HBO hits could manage to get up to the 1 million people who watch Euphoria. The raw numbers aren't that notable, yes the younger audience is something I am sure HBO appreciates.

by Anonymousreply 436August 8, 2019 3:37 PM

R436 likes to pull the wings off butterflies and smother fireflies in airless sealed jars. Be gone, Debbie.

by Anonymousreply 437August 8, 2019 6:26 PM

Euphoria averages 560k viewers a night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438August 8, 2019 7:02 PM

That only includes traditional TV channel viewers, take into account HBOGo/HBONow and it's closer to 1 mil a night.

by Anonymousreply 439August 8, 2019 7:05 PM

And people who record it on DVR and watch it later or watch it On Demand.

by Anonymousreply 440August 8, 2019 9:41 PM

It goes up much higher if you count people that watch it on later days, those numbers are Sunday night viewers.

by Anonymousreply 441August 8, 2019 9:48 PM

Mind blown that Jacob Elordi is Australian!

by Anonymousreply 442August 8, 2019 10:21 PM

Is there anything these days that doesn't have a Brit/Aussie in the cast as an American?

by Anonymousreply 443August 8, 2019 10:29 PM

This pic of Jodie Foster reminds me of Jules:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444August 9, 2019 2:06 AM

I can see it. Especially in the mouth area.

by Anonymousreply 445August 9, 2019 2:11 AM

I was wondering if there was some creeps wanting Ashtray after the first or second episode. I went message board to talk about the show and yep, people there were talking about threads others started saying how sexy he was and they would have fucked him for drugs or fun. Then talking about the actor and saying he must be getting a lot and he must be great because he is so athletic. They claimed they were teenagers but the mods busted a bunch of them using VPN's but forgetting a few times to sign into them.

by Anonymousreply 446August 9, 2019 3:13 AM

A little in sight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447August 9, 2019 11:31 AM

His full interview can be found below. Thankfully there'll be more Fez in season two, including his own cold open. Justice for Angus!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448August 9, 2019 11:43 AM

You should credit the source r447. That website is just copying stuff from the Hollywood Reporter interview.

The thing that jumps out is he gets very defensive, understandably so from a legal standpoint, about Elordi saying he got a concussion.

[quote]This episode featured an intense scene between Jacob Elordi and Eric Dane as father and son, and Jacob revealed he got a concussion from filming that scene. What was that like to shoot? Reading that was the first time I had ever heard that. As I was reading that I was going, "Wait, what?" We take the safety of our actors very seriously and we had padded the entire floor with soft foam — that's not to say the fight wasn't physical, which it was — but we've got medics on set, we've got stunt coordinators, we have stunt doubles, we have a whole team of people that are looking out for our actors' safety in any number of these scenes that are physical. So when I read that I was a little bit stunned, I have to say, and something that I don't think he communicated to anybody on set because I would've heard about it. So I don't know, maybe he's still in character [Laughs.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449August 9, 2019 11:43 AM

[quote]Me getting ready to marry Fez at any given moment ignoring the fact that he's a whole ass drug dealer[/quote]

Mood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450August 9, 2019 11:49 AM

Between Fez and Nate, my body would want Nate. Plus, like Maddy, I;m out to secure the bag. I can't have my house broken into by the cops every time my man wants to act hard to protect his customer's honor. Nate just needs someone that will let him be Nate. I'm open to reconsider once I see Fez in a sex scene.

by Anonymousreply 451August 9, 2019 11:54 AM

[Quote] Aside from stating that he wrote the role of Lexi specifically for Maude Apatow, Levinson interestingly adds, "I've always had a very specific plan for her character." What exactly does he mean by that? We’ll let you come up with your own theories.

Hopefully they don't turn her into an asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452August 9, 2019 12:16 PM

Maybe his specific plan was to turn her into Bob Ross.

by Anonymousreply 453August 9, 2019 12:33 PM

So for backgrounds in Season 2 you have Fez, Lexi are obvious, then probably Ethan, BB, Rue's little sister, Cal. That leaves one more.

by Anonymousreply 454August 9, 2019 12:43 PM

I wanted to hate Maude Apatow because I hate the nepotism that rules Hollywood and figured she was a friend of Levinson’s and their families had known each other forever but she’s fucking great. Lexi was used peripherally to tell Cassie’s story and then backburnered for the more flamboyant characters like Maddy and Jules and Kat but I look forward to seeing her come into her own in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 455August 9, 2019 8:07 PM

R455, really? I think of her as wallpaper. I don’t notice when she’s there.

by Anonymousreply 456August 9, 2019 8:10 PM

r411 you are so right! I mean I like Pose too, but what a difference. All the acting in this show is really good and the whole thing was written and directed really well I thought. Glad there will be a season 2.

by Anonymousreply 457August 11, 2019 3:54 AM

r457 I thinkk MJ Rodriguez does a great job on Pose.

by Anonymousreply 458August 11, 2019 6:14 AM

Who’s bummed that there is no episode tonight and we’ll need to wait a year plus for our next fix?

by Anonymousreply 459August 11, 2019 1:47 PM

Meeeee!

by Anonymousreply 460August 11, 2019 5:23 PM

I’m going to rewatch The Night Of because there is absolutely nothing else to watch on Sunday nights. I’m going to hit up the HBO catalog including Rome, The Sopranos, OZ, and the first season of True Blood. Which is the only one worth watching. Anyone here into Succession? Is it really based on the Murdoch clan? Is it as good as the reviews claim? Also might be time to finally watch Breaking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 461August 11, 2019 5:36 PM

R459 and R460 Zendaya has a cute video for us

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462August 12, 2019 3:51 AM

Wot hoppened? Can’t access the video.

by Anonymousreply 463August 12, 2019 1:32 PM

[quote] I’m going to rewatch The Night Of because there is absolutely nothing else to watch on Sunday nights.

I enjoy Instinct starring openly gay Alan Cumming.

by Anonymousreply 464August 12, 2019 2:49 PM

I'm going to cancel my HBO Now. Euphoria helped me recover from those fun Sunday night's during GoT last seasson, but I've seen almost everything else that I'm interested in on HBO. Maybe when Succession's new season ends I'll join to binge watch that and S2 of Pretty Little Lies.

by Anonymousreply 465August 12, 2019 2:58 PM

What's Pretty Little Lies? Pretty Little Liars or Big Little Lies?

by Anonymousreply 466August 12, 2019 3:02 PM

Big Little Liars.

by Anonymousreply 467August 12, 2019 3:03 PM

That vid of Storm and Zendaya was adorable! I want more sister interactions next season.

by Anonymousreply 468August 12, 2019 3:04 PM

To the person that asked, Succession is really good. I wasn't completely sold by the pilot but as the season progresses it really grows into one of the stronger shows on TV. Definitely worth checking out.

by Anonymousreply 469August 12, 2019 3:32 PM

Does Jeremy Strong ever get his shirt off on the show?

by Anonymousreply 470August 12, 2019 3:36 PM

r469 it's actually shot on location in NYC which ads to the look and feel of the show.

by Anonymousreply 471August 12, 2019 3:54 PM

I’m thinking of canceling HBO. So many options - I dont feel like paying $10 / month to wait for another episode of Euphoria. It’s not that good.

by Anonymousreply 472August 12, 2019 4:17 PM

Euphoria was worth the wait because I didn't know where the story is going, but now I must focus my attention (and money) on Netflix. Waiting for The Crown in November and Season 2 of Elite. Elite is my shit, gay, bi, straight high school drama with hot Spanish actors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473August 12, 2019 6:03 PM

I thought the last episode sucked

by Anonymousreply 474August 20, 2019 1:22 AM

R474 same

by Anonymousreply 475August 20, 2019 6:47 AM

it reminded me of the last episode of Years and Years....overwrought, doesn't make a lot of sense and totally in need of editing.

by Anonymousreply 476August 20, 2019 11:50 AM

It had it’s moments. The Nate and Maddie dance-off. The sad revelation that Rue has been wearing her father’s clothes since he died. Drunk Lexi. Nate reading Rue and Jules relationship and Jules proving him right. She can be insensitive and selfish and capricious. Kat getting real with Ethan and telling him how she really feels about him and why she rejected him. Nice bit of acting there. And Rue and Jules using interpretive dance to let Nate know how they feel about him.

by Anonymousreply 477August 21, 2019 4:27 AM

[Quote] Kat getting real with Ethan and telling him how she really feels about about him

I thought that scene was cute. But her turnaround happened too quickly.

by Anonymousreply 478August 21, 2019 8:56 AM

The thing with Kat surprised me, but (if she's still around in the second season) I am sure she will fuck it up in a big, epic way. People with that low self esteem usually get scared when good things happen to them and they sabotage it to get back to their insecure, fucked up comfort zone.

by Anonymousreply 479August 22, 2019 7:48 AM

So Zendaya is fucking Elordi? I'm jealous, get it girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480August 30, 2019 11:24 PM

I'm sure he's got some quality uncut Aussie dick. Her career already eclipse's that of his girlfriend, so Zendya would be a great career move. I feel likd Zendya has her pick of men and won't go for a co-star on summer HBO hit, when she can grab truw A-list talent like her little Spider-Man.

by Anonymousreply 481August 30, 2019 11:38 PM

I thought Jacob was seeing some actress that was supposedly ragging on him for wearing Birkenstocks with socks.

by Anonymousreply 482August 31, 2019 12:17 AM

[Quote] Her career already eclipse's that of his girlfriend, so Zendya would be a great career move.

Who's his gf??

by Anonymousreply 483August 31, 2019 1:40 AM

So are they both gay then?

by Anonymousreply 484August 31, 2019 5:28 AM

Apparently Elordi used to fuck another co-star. I guess he gets around on set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485August 31, 2019 5:33 AM

I know I'm late to the party. I just finished watching EUPHORIA now.

But I don't understand why the season ended without anything happening. They set up this big confrontation with Nate's blackmailing, Rue and Jules' relationship and Fezco's supplier, but nobody ever took a stand.

Are they just going to keep us trapped in this situation every season? I don't think I want to be teased along anymore. I liked the show, but something should have happened to upset the status quo.

It's just inert now.

by Anonymousreply 486January 21, 2020 7:22 PM

r259 I've rewatched the S1, this is actually my absolutely favorite scene. I remember meeting my very first boyfriend on Gay.com in high school. Texting him the week before we actually met was just as sweet and exciting. The music is also great, which is a Euphoria standard. This scene nearly made me cry with the memories it brought back.

by Anonymousreply 487May 5, 2020 4:14 AM

Did you know that Fezz was hired off the street? A casting director that does street hires, which is actually a thing (!), found him. Then he went through the audition process and happen to be what they were looking for.

The guy playing Tyler was also in consideration. This short PodCast has a good interview with him that talks about the nudity rider, the time it took to shoot his pool scene with the actress playing Maddy, and the scene with him and Nate.

Skip to the 8 min mark. Ignore the fawning airhead hosts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488June 26, 2020 10:10 PM

The first of the two pandemic episodes is out on HBOMax.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489December 4, 2020 11:24 AM

Has Jacob's character kissed another man? Since the show said his character would explore his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 490December 4, 2020 12:22 PM

R489 How did you like those trans tittys?

by Anonymousreply 491December 4, 2020 9:34 PM

I really liked these bridge episodes but I'm already feeling like Nate's character will get written off. Filming a show this sexual during a pandemic sounds like a nightmare. COVID could end up prematurely killing this show. I'll keep an eye out on any news of S2 being the last season because it's expensive to make and these delays and filming restrictions will hurt the storylines. Sadly, we may never see Nate have to suck dick to save his life after fucking over Fez.

by Anonymousreply 492January 29, 2021 4:23 PM

There is a part of Jules' special episode where she talks about creating her entire trans identity in the image of a female form that's meant to please men, playing on their field. She goes on about how crazy it was for her to be this starved for attention from guys. It sort of hit home for me as a gay man because so many of us do the same things as our female counterparts. We try to look, sound, and act a certain way to attract the attention of those hot gay guys in our lives. She mentioned how females always rank people and it was the same as gay men, but I feel like we have just three categories, hot, average, ugly.

The episode isn't some deep philosophical journey, but what they touched on is so relevant to the gay community. I least I felt some type of way since I was swiping through Tinder when I put the show on then had to laugh at myself for being so thirsty for a man.

by Anonymousreply 493January 29, 2021 4:29 PM

Season 2 teaser

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494December 1, 2021 7:02 AM

R493 You sound like a real sad sack basic bitch.

by Anonymousreply 495December 1, 2021 7:14 AM

[quote] She mentioned how females always rank people and it was the same as gay men, but I feel like we have just three categories, hot, average, ugly.

As do straight guys. Like those college frat douchebags who rate their ex-girlfriends or college girls and share those lists amongst their peers.

[quote] We try to look, sound, and act a certain way to attract the attention of those hot gay guys in our lives.

And there are also plenty of straight guys who act like they care about women's feelings, their struggle, and women's causes. The emo guys who act borderline gay to make girls feel safe around them.

by Anonymousreply 496December 1, 2021 8:17 AM

It started well, but for me fell like a souffle at the end: the last two episodes of 12-stepping and the tragic trans make me wonder if it will get back on track in a second season. It might have been better to let it end. At its best it was fresh and interesting and quite beautifully filmed.

by Anonymousreply 497December 1, 2021 8:58 AM

I remember how pissed some posters were at the end when they realized the show went for a different season ending and their big gloating comments about having read the script (yes, some leaked script) blew up in their faces.

by Anonymousreply 498December 1, 2021 12:56 PM

Ok, Part 2 is paywalled. I binged Season 1 in prep for Season 2.

The show is very stylishly shot, which I appreciate. I like quite a lot of the cast.

I think some of the older cast could be better. Rue's mom is pretty but she's a "5 lines" actress in talent level. Her character has been through so much, it's a potentially juicy role. Storm Reid brough Rosie Perez to mind.

Eric Dane does not bring pillar of the community to mind. This was especially obvious in the carnival chilli scene. I particularly found his reactions to being found out underwhelming. The bottom of his world has fallen out. I didn't feel that while watching. From a writing perspective, I thought it wasn't terribly believable that Cal would get caught out fucking someone who attends his son's school. There's a reason closeted married men fuck OTHER closeted married men, and it isn't purely about attraction/types. It might have made more sense if Cal and Jules had encountered each other while both were out of the county (and drunk). This would have fucked up the sex video plot, of course. Dane is much more believable as the fuck up Cal of Season Two.

Alana Ubach is always cradling a glass of wine (or some chips) and she doesn't even have a pot belly. Long term drunks have tell tale body signs.

Colman Domingo is perfect. I thought Zendaya's acting low point was her reactions to him tearing her a new one about still doing drugs after accepting sobriety badges/medals. Zendaya is best acting without dialogue. In general, she has better control of her face than her voice. The same goes for Jacob Elordi (c.f. the shouting match with Sydney Sweeney in Season 2).

I haven't watched much HD stuff in quite a while. Damn, it's unkind to some people's skin - though I appreciate the "real" mixed in with the stylised that this brings - and it underlines who believably looks like a teenager and who doesn't.

The characters and acting I enjoy most: Fez, Fez' grandma, Faye, Lady Drug Boss. They're delights and they contrast hugely with the "I'm ACTING" brigade (cough - Jacob Elordi - cough).

by Anonymousreply 499February 1, 2022 7:07 PM

I liked Nate’s quiet shame during his father’s drunken verbal assault this past episode. His father was correct that Nate is really angry. His angular face carries rage very well.

by Anonymousreply 500February 1, 2022 7:14 PM

I didn't buy Cal's claim that they backed him into a corner.

by Anonymousreply 501February 1, 2022 7:54 PM

I’m glad the episode didn’t end in domestic violence.

by Anonymousreply 502February 1, 2022 7:55 PM

The guy who plays Nate's brother is a bad actor. That said, Cal's shaming of the brother's porn searches was pretty lame. I also didn't like how Cal's closeted wrestling partner gave Cal's gf (later wife) evils in the gym. A closeted jock is not going to turn into Ms. Bitch at school. The look might have worked when they were all drinking together and the sight of Cal & gf making out provoked something.

by Anonymousreply 503February 1, 2022 7:56 PM

I fast forward Zendaya's drug scenes

by Anonymousreply 504February 1, 2022 9:16 PM

[Quote] Mind blown that Jacob Elordi is Australian!

Not mine. Australians say "No" as if it has multiple syllables. Elordi says that word in one of the early car scenes.

by Anonymousreply 505February 3, 2022 9:46 PM

[Quote] I'm sure he's got some quality uncut Aussie dick.

No bulge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506February 3, 2022 9:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!