Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Doris Day Tribute.

DataLounge icon and superstar Doris Day died a month ago and I just bought a magazine memorial about her - and she was worth the $15.99 I paid for it. Great keepsake.

Any lingering thoughts about Doris Day, her movies, her music career, and her life?

Que Sera Sera...………….Farewell to a legendary star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2019 3:01 PM

From her very first movie Romance On The High Seas which made her a star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2019 1:23 AM

From her very last movie With Six You Get Eggroll with Brian Keith.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2019 1:27 AM

slink slink slink *SLAP!*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2019 2:00 AM

She really did have some of the hottest leading men...Rock Hudson, Stephen Boyd, Rod Taylor, James Garner, Brian Keith, Billy DeWolfe...

by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2019 2:15 AM

R4: Don't forget Paul Lynde!

by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2019 2:17 AM

Stardom doesn’t equal happiness. Her grandson seems to be a relatively normal chap. Too bad her manager kept him away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2019 2:20 AM

One of the cutest clips of Doris Day (with Rod Taylor).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2019 3:39 AM

R6 Her manager stated that her grandson was invited to a couple of important events at her house but that he never showed up, so there's 2 sides to every story. Her son divorced the grandson's mother which created a rift in the family which almost always happens with divorce and family matters.

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2019 3:45 AM

Is her business manager the same person who runs her charitable foundation, T. Robert Bashara, DVM, CFO? If so, I hope there is oversight and I hope the grandson can at least make sure this man does not rape, pillage and plunder the funds. He seems to have placed some family members in key salaried positions which never bodes well for a charity's solvency.

I just found a quote from her grandson so it looks like this weasel running her foundation may be one and the same. "Any and all communication was cut off from that point on and I was left bewildered. I later learned that the business manager had fired all the longstanding members on my grandma's foundation board and appointed his direct family as the new board members. It seemed I was not the only one who had been cut out,” he wrote.

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2019 4:26 AM

Always thought she had such a beautiful dancer's body. She did that virginal thing so much that people bought it, but she was smokin'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2019 6:09 AM

There were lesbian overtones in her movie, Calamity Jane, although it wasn't recognized as such back then. Apparently the real Calamity Jane was a rootin' tootin' lesbian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2019 2:09 AM

Thank you all so much.

Taking her final bow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2019 2:15 AM

I loved her double takes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 8:09 PM

She was a real cutie with a beautiful body❤️

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 8:48 PM

"Doris Day is a symbol of the post-World War Two optimistic and idealized America that was to be the world's good guy. Her likes - and that America - will never be seen again".

The exuberant Doris Day was like a beautiful ray of sunshine sparkling down on this world and yes, sadly enough we never see her likes again.

Farewell and a fond salute to a beautiful soul and wonderful lady who enriched this world in more ways than one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 1, 2019 3:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 1, 2019 3:33 AM

I love Doris Day but I’m too cheap to fork over that much for a magazine.

by Anonymousreply 17July 1, 2019 4:55 AM

"Have a Doris day!". I'm gonna use that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2019 3:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!