Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends...

What do you think of this house?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2019 1:57 PM

Does a clown live there?

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2019 2:02 AM

Very colorful. Every room is a different color or wallpaper. I like the pool.

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2019 2:14 AM

The front yard is pretty. Nothing else is remotely my style.

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2019 2:20 AM

The front porch is nice. If the street is quiet enough, it could be useful. The curtains plus the rugs plus the upholstery were too fussy for me. The house does seem to make good use of all the rooms, nooks and crannies. Nice pool.

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2019 3:10 AM

REDRUM!

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2019 3:23 AM

I love it!!!! I can see Judy Garland and Tom Drake singing on the front porch, and little Tootie and Jane Withers eating huge bowls of homemade Ice cream and a huge hunk of that cake Marjorie Main used to make.

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2019 3:26 AM

A little much for me - but nice in a non-modern way. Beats the cookie cutter McMansions. But I wouldn’t buy it.

by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2019 3:41 AM

Strip out the godawful window treatments and it would be livable.

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2019 4:05 AM

It’s very gauche or the enhanced photography makes it seem more so that way. That also makes it appear excessive in all ways.

by Anonymousreply 9June 16, 2019 4:17 AM

It's the sort of thing that those who like that sort of thing would like.

by Anonymousreply 10June 16, 2019 4:32 AM

It looks like an aging, fastidious drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 11June 16, 2019 4:43 AM

It is WAY to gussied up, the poor dear. The back patio is pretentious beyond belief. The kitchen, as well. It's been gutted and redone in the most overdone way. Also, the front landscaping looks like a fabulous habitat for critters and vermin.

by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2019 5:21 AM

The house and the grounds are very pretty. The interior space looks like it’s well set up and the rooms have great size. But you have to look past the decorating and furniture as it is a particular taste

by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2019 6:25 AM

It’s absurd but I wish it was mine.

by Anonymousreply 14June 16, 2019 6:25 AM

I never cared for those houses that resemble barns. The wallpaper and window treatments need to go asap. Some of the rooms are decent and the wood floor looks pretty good. The kitchen needs a lot of work. I feel like the whole place probably smells like old house and there's no way to get rid of that smell.

The grounds are very pretty and look like you'd need a gardener.

by Anonymousreply 15June 16, 2019 6:32 AM

Lot of upkeep to that house. Yard looks snakey and in need of a full time gardner. Agree with the posters on the window treatments and wallpapers, all would have to go. Way to many chopped up rooms. It looks dated and like grandma's house. Bring money.

by Anonymousreply 16June 16, 2019 6:45 AM

Guys, It’s a completely restored Victorian hence the decor. I really like it.

by Anonymousreply 17June 16, 2019 6:48 AM

Jeeves, bring me the paint brushes.

by Anonymousreply 18June 16, 2019 6:56 AM

What r7 said.

The house itself is lovely, the pool is fine, and the yard is a good size. Taken on its own, almost every item in the place is fine, and a few of the pieces look to be really top quality.

But there's 30% too much of everything, and cumulatively, it just adds up to too much for modern tastes. A Victorian/ Edwardian would have loved it, though.

And it's funny how they did the carriage house, or whatever that is in the back yard, in a radically different Japanese Zen style. Like an antidote to the main house.

I can't hate it; someone put a lot of thought and money into that place.

by Anonymousreply 19June 16, 2019 7:41 AM

"What do you think of this house?"

It's Eye Candy.

by Anonymousreply 20June 16, 2019 7:57 AM

This must be where the Crayon people go to try out new colors.

by Anonymousreply 21June 16, 2019 8:03 AM

You wouldn't need to hide your clown car if you owned that place.

by Anonymousreply 22June 16, 2019 8:46 AM

This could be an American Horror Story set. It's creepy.

by Anonymousreply 23June 16, 2019 8:57 AM

It's a great old house. I love the master bathroom, but all that wallpaper and swag is too much for me. That canopy bed, ceiling fan combo in the bedroom looks like an accident waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 24June 16, 2019 9:02 AM

Outside: Gorgeous

Inside: Gawdawful

by Anonymousreply 25June 16, 2019 9:09 AM

R19 I like it. But I dont have modern tastes

by Anonymousreply 26June 16, 2019 10:08 AM

There's nothing like a large yellow Victorian house. I love the awnings, they add so much. But $2.1M, just outside of Pittsburgh?

by Anonymousreply 27June 16, 2019 11:07 AM

All the tacky interior frou frou aside, it's a beautiful old home. Just needs someone to come in and rip out all that funeral home tackiness and tone the interiors down to a livable level and it would be a showplace.

by Anonymousreply 28June 16, 2019 11:07 AM

If my realtor drove me to look at that house, I would not even get out of the car.

I spy those god-awful loropetalum shrubs out front and I hate those bushes.

Hate loropetalums, elaeagnus, ligustrums, and crape myrtles.

by Anonymousreply 29June 16, 2019 11:18 AM

[quote]loropetalums, elaeagnus, ligustrums

Calm down, Harry Potter.

by Anonymousreply 30June 16, 2019 11:20 AM

A great house if your goal is to permanently blind your guests. I don't think the rods in my eyes will ever recover.

by Anonymousreply 31June 16, 2019 11:22 AM

Anybody who hates crepe myrtles should be shot on sight, after having been viciously slapped.

by Anonymousreply 32June 16, 2019 11:24 AM

The interiors aren't bad per se, but they are inappropriate for the house. They are far too formal and grand for what would have been a middle class Edwardian (not Victorian) home. Some of the colors and patterns are dated, but the basic design is well done. It just does not suit the bone structure of the house.

by Anonymousreply 33June 16, 2019 11:25 AM

I wish there were a better view of the center hall and stairs.

by Anonymousreply 34June 16, 2019 11:43 AM

I love it just the way it is!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 35June 16, 2019 11:44 AM

Crape myrtles are more trouble than their worth, especially when planted by a previous owner and are unknown variety. Unfortunately, many areveal themselves to be a variety that wants to be a small tree so they must be pruned every year. Plus they drop shit that clogs gutters.

Here are some alternatives to my hate list above:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 16, 2019 11:50 AM

Surprisingly, I quite like it. But a big no to the wallpaper and drapes.

by Anonymousreply 37June 16, 2019 12:08 PM

The front looks better without the circus awnings, this place is a huge money pit the cost of heating this place in the middle of a Pennsylvania winter makes me shiver.

by Anonymousreply 38June 16, 2019 12:20 PM

Ruth r27, it’s not outside of Pittsburgh, it’s in Newtown Bucks County - a suburb of Philadelphia. Hence the price tag.

by Anonymousreply 39June 16, 2019 3:58 PM

The place looks like the headquarters for Candy Striper volunteers.

by Anonymousreply 40June 16, 2019 4:27 PM

I think its god awful

by Anonymousreply 41June 16, 2019 8:55 PM

THIS is why I hate wallpaper!

But it'll be a beautiful showpiece house, given a couple of years in loving gay hands. The rooms are large, the exterior nice, the tile flooring in the kitchen and adjacent rooms begs for preservation, and the exterior very attractive. Wrest it out of the hands of Mamie Eisenhower Reincarnated, and it'll be great!

by Anonymousreply 42June 16, 2019 10:13 PM

The floral wallpaper has a Laura Ashley vibe but not as nice as real Laura Ashley wallpaper. I'm not a LA fan it's too busy and ostentatious for me and screams old lady wallpaper.

by Anonymousreply 43June 16, 2019 11:30 PM

Its a very nice house, the decorating not so much.

by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2019 1:25 PM

Our more fem Datalounge eldergays will swoop in. Turning this into a bidding frenzy, face slapping and hissing war

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2019 1:28 PM

The minimalist Japanese-themed spare building/sauna cracks me up. Were they trying to apologise for the frenzied interior of the main house? Or just tackily build their own ryokan?

by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2019 1:38 PM

Amityville horror meets twee. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2019 1:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!