Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sandra Bernhard now a series regular on POSE: What say you

Sandra plays a lesbian nurse who is a member of Act Up and trying to get the House of Evangelista to become members. Is this a stretch? I don't remember many trans activists from the Bronx being at the Act Up meetings and events, especially not at a protest in St. Patrick's.

Has anyone else seen the first episode of Season 2? The year is now 1990.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 24, 2019 12:41 PM

Who is that pirate with the grimace standing next to those athletic ladies?

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2019 12:34 AM

[quote]Has anyone else seen the first episode of Season 2?

Yes, we've been discussing it in the thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2019 12:54 AM

This thread can be about Sandra

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2019 1:38 AM

Her big "You have AIDS" scene was cringe-y but I mostly blame the awful writing. The person she was performing with in the scene is a much better actress.

Sandy's scenes with Billy Porter weren't much better. I hope that her role on the show is small, she's so distracting.

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2019 1:47 AM

God she's ugly.

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2019 2:18 AM

Its an awful show.

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2019 3:22 AM

Pray that she doesn’t sing. Never sing, Sandra.

by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2019 3:24 AM

POSE makes the balls seem so glamorous. The reality is that they were held in the most dank and depressing venues with the most vile street trade in attendance. There was often physical fighting inside and in front of the venue. Drug dealers were crawling all around and street trade of sex was rampant. Muggings and other gang activity was common. The people in attendance had an average education level of about 7th grade and they wonder why society didn't have a place for them at the big table.

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2019 11:41 AM

I'm just glad to see her acting in something again. No she's not amazing in the show (though her terrible dialogue is pretty much straight out of General Hospital) but fingers crossed it leads her to something else. I think she would have been good on something like HBO's 'Getting On'. A bit drier and more sardonic.

by Anonymousreply 9June 16, 2019 12:23 PM

But her acting is as bad as her singing

by Anonymousreply 10June 16, 2019 12:35 PM

R9 = Mitchy Kaplan

by Anonymousreply 11June 16, 2019 12:44 PM

[quote]The people in attendance had an average education level of about 7th grade and they wonder why society didn't have a place for them at the big table.

That's such a shitty thing to say. Our culture ices out plenty of people from a variety of demographics because they're poor, gay, trans, black, whatever, and does it to maintain the status quo. Then they blame those demographics and say they don't deserve to be represented because they're not good enough.

You're fine with that, I guess, which is bullshit. You'd cry over Crawford or Stanwyck being forced into prostitution and poverty as long as it was in glistening black and white, but a real life kid stuck in poverty trying to find a way out (or at least express themselves) should be shunned and ignored. Typical.

by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2019 1:07 PM

R12. Very upset over one man's view of what the real Balls were like. How would you change things and what you are doing to help? You could be the next Alexandria Ocasio Cortez with some effort.

by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2019 2:41 PM

As I said on another thread, Sandra is both awful and A OK!

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 10:31 PM

Our culture is desperately "trans-washing" events like the St. Pat's ACT-UP protest and Stonewall which were 90% White Gay (Cis is a slur) MALES!

It's all so exhausting. I'm over the whole ballroom thing too which is far more femme MALE than "trans" anything but they are co-opting it like MAD.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2019 10:47 PM

Is there any more ACT UP blacktransification in upcoming episodes? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2019 10:48 PM

r13 is better than ANY trans woman of CULLAH!!!

Yes, r16 in a week or two we will learn a tranny founded GMHC from the Christopher Street piers without knowing how to read, or a single dollar from a white person. It's all coming!

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2019 10:50 PM

Luc Montagnier of the Pasteur Institute in Paris did NOT identify HIV, it was a Doctoresse Monique deBlack at Tuskegee, don't you know. Episode 6.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2019 11:05 PM

^^ LOL ^^

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2019 11:06 PM

She is unwatchable and unlistenable, truly

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2019 11:11 PM

For as long as she has been around, you would think she would pick up some acting tips, guess they bypassed her.

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2019 11:37 PM

She has a natural look that people cannot relate to these days. People prefer the botoxed look of Nicole Kidman.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2019 1:36 AM

It has nothing to do with her looks, it's her bad acting

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2019 12:25 PM

Bernhard has always had that declaratory and arch style, in everything she does. Take or leave it. It's fine by me. This show is a sort of Théâtre de boulevard.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2019 12:33 PM

The role of Nurse Lezzy is tailor fit for her. She shows compassion and toughness at the same time. This is her persona in real life. Not going to win an Emmy, but all you bitches will plotz if she gets a nomination!!!

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2019 12:40 PM

Yeah, right , she has all emotion of a 2x4

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2019 8:46 PM

How can one act around a script written like a junior high school sex ed class?

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2019 8:51 PM

I haven't see the show but I love Sandra. She is a bit lazy and entitled but that's who she is. Love her show on Radio Andy.

by Anonymousreply 28July 24, 2019 12:20 PM

She looks trans so it makes sense

by Anonymousreply 29July 24, 2019 12:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!