Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DOCTOR SLEEP (2019) Trailer - The sequel to The Shining is here

What do you think?

Starring Ewan McGregor, Rebecca Ferguson and Jacob Tremblay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 7, 2019 4:47 AM

You know what, it actually looks promising.

Could go either way...

by Anonymousreply 1June 15, 2019 12:51 PM

The book was better than it had any right to be. So I'm optimistic about the movie.

I'm curious to see how they meld Kubrick's Shining with King's, since they're so different.

by Anonymousreply 2June 15, 2019 12:57 PM

Book sucked.

by Anonymousreply 3June 15, 2019 1:29 PM

Yeah, the book was not good.

I gave up on it about half way though - and it was tough getting even to that point.

by Anonymousreply 4June 15, 2019 2:39 PM

This will flop

by Anonymousreply 5September 6, 2019 8:29 PM

Stephen King sucks. Hes the writer for people who don't like reading.

But his books can make for good films.

by Anonymousreply 6September 6, 2019 8:56 PM

I went to a test screening. I enjoyed it but a) I haven't read the book and b) The Shining was never a favorite. I'm a big Flanagan fan.

Rebecca Ferguson gives a great performance.

by Anonymousreply 7September 6, 2019 9:54 PM

Teal overload. Kubrick's movie was full of colors. Why does every recent movie have to have this washed out look? It's annoying.

by Anonymousreply 8September 6, 2019 10:16 PM

For some reason I thought this was going to be a Netflix movie.

by Anonymousreply 9September 7, 2019 3:27 AM

R9 a lot of Flanagan's work is direct to Netflix

by Anonymousreply 10September 7, 2019 3:58 AM

I've seen several different trailers for this and none of them make me want to see it. The only interesting parts of the trailer are the recreations of Kubrick's film. The claustrophobic atmosphere of The Shining is what makes it so scary. Opening up the story to a world of 'shining' people and their enemies just doesn't have the same appeal.

by Anonymousreply 11September 7, 2019 4:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!