Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Martin and Dakota Johnson broke up.

“Coldplay’s Chris Martin allegedly split from his ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ lover, Dakota Johnson, last month, a shocking new report claims.

Say it isn’t so! Chris Martin, 42, reportedly told his friends that he’s single again, after allegedly splitting up with his longtime girlfriend, Dakota Johnson, 29, last month, according to The Sun. This split comes just months after the pair had reportedly discussed marriage. “Chris and Dakota were very easygoing and always seemed really happy together. There was talk of engagement but now he says they have gone their separate ways, which has come as a real surprise to everyone,” a source close to Chris told The Sun.

Chris and Dakota were last pictured together in April, when she was spotted picking him up after a hike in Malibu, CA. They were also spotted at LA’s Sushi Park in November, and at the time, a different source told The Sun, “They will probably get married. It’s serious. Chris (likes that) she doesn’t thrive on the spotlight and is very understated.” Furthermore, a source shared similar info with Us Weekly in December, when they said that Chris and Dakota wanted to tie the knot. “They’ll be engaged soon,” the source said at the time. “Chris is head over heels.” Sadly, it doesn’t sound like things panned out for the couple.

Chris and Dakota never confirmed their romance, yet they were first reported to be dating nearly two years ago in Oct. 2017. And before their romance started, Chris was married to actress Gwyneth Paltrow. They share two children together — Apple, 15, and Moses, 13 — and they ended their 13-year marriage in 2014. He was later linked to Jennifer Lawrence, 28, and Annabelle Wallis, 34. Meanwhile, Dakota previously dated model-musician Matthew Hitt.

HollywoodLife has reached out to both Chris and Dakota’s reps for comment, but we did not receive immediate responses.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 1, 2019 2:43 AM

I didn't even know they were dating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 15, 2019 12:36 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 15, 2019 12:55 AM

Bland and Blander.

Hasn’t that girl seen enough marrying and divorcing and step parenting. Wtf was she doing with a 42 year old divorced father.

by Anonymousreply 3June 15, 2019 1:37 AM

I'm in the minority, but I kind of like Dakota. She's genuinely awkward and sweet in interviews. Bland--yeah, a little. But she seems unusually down-to-earth to me for someone who was rated by celebrities. There's nothing remotely vapid about her, which I appreciate.

by Anonymousreply 4June 15, 2019 9:54 AM

My condolences

by Anonymousreply 5June 15, 2019 10:44 AM

I think Chris Martin's hot as fuck. Always have.

by Anonymousreply 6June 15, 2019 10:56 AM

[Quote] I think Chris Martin's hot as fuck. Always have.

I think he looks cute now that he's not as skinny. And i like Coldplay.

by Anonymousreply 7June 15, 2019 2:45 PM

Did Martin put on (much needed) weight after he ditched the bitch who barely eats, Goop?

by Anonymousreply 8June 15, 2019 2:47 PM

Once she figured out she’d be spending all her vacations with goop doing couples’ vagina steaming, she hightailed it out of the relationship. Took her a while, but the girl is kinda slow.

by Anonymousreply 9June 15, 2019 4:28 PM

[Quote] Once she figured out she’d be spending all her vacations with goop doing couples’ vagina steaming, she hightailed it out of the relationship.

😄

by Anonymousreply 10June 15, 2019 6:13 PM

She's so boring. And I don't have a single bit of respect for him because he was married to that disgusting fucking moron paltrow

Can you imagine putting up with that dumb bitch paltrow?

by Anonymousreply 11June 15, 2019 6:17 PM

Ditto r11. The four of them (Chris, Dakota, Goop and her new gay husband, Brad), are so aggressively boring and blah it actually angers me.

I bet they broke up because they were such boring people they bored each other into breaking up.

by Anonymousreply 12June 15, 2019 6:22 PM

Chris is one of the ugliest men I've ever seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 15, 2019 6:28 PM

No break up because this was not a real relationship, much like his dalliance with Lawrence. Chris Martin is a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 14June 15, 2019 6:57 PM

Oh please. You guys think EVERY MAN is gay. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 15June 15, 2019 6:58 PM

Martin has come out several times. Bringing Noel Gallagher as his date to an award show, telling Howard Stern that "Gwyneth has been a great beard for me all these years", and then recently he said he spends most of his weekends on Grindr.

Also, Guy Berryman is gay as well.

by Anonymousreply 16June 15, 2019 6:59 PM

Ever see Chris Martin dancing? NO straight man moves like that with that gay smile. Never mind his outfit - skin tight shirts and fluorescent sneakers.

by Anonymousreply 17June 15, 2019 7:01 PM

Straight men dress like that these days.

by Anonymousreply 18June 15, 2019 7:03 PM

I didn't know they were together, or I maybe I just forgot because they're both soo boring. I'm kind of surprised he's only 42 because it seems like he's been around for a really long time, and I knew Gwyneth had to be somewhat older than that (just looked it up and she's turning 47 this year).

by Anonymousreply 19June 15, 2019 7:04 PM

Wow. I really don't care.

by Anonymousreply 20June 15, 2019 8:58 PM

I fucked Chris after goop-steaming his manvag.

by Anonymousreply 21June 15, 2019 9:03 PM

[quote] a shocking new report claims

Well that is just a little bit too dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 22June 16, 2019 1:42 AM

I wanna fuck Martin so bad. Come to cock Chris. You know you want toooo

by Anonymousreply 23June 16, 2019 1:47 AM

I also find Chris hot ever since he left Goop

by Anonymousreply 24June 16, 2019 1:49 AM

Maybe he couldn't get it up any longer.

by Anonymousreply 25June 16, 2019 6:39 AM

Her daddy Don was way hotter, actually he is still hotter than Chris Martin

by Anonymousreply 26June 16, 2019 6:49 AM

Chris Martin = anemic bedwetter

by Anonymousreply 27June 16, 2019 6:58 AM

Someone mentioned Guy Berryman showing up to a red carpet event with long female hair and a fucking sarong and sandals on many years ago. Essentially dressed as a woman.

There was a reason why when the band was launched the good looking bassist who all the girls loved was "married happily to his wife". They locked that up right away because he was the "cute" one in the band.

by Anonymousreply 28June 16, 2019 7:36 PM

Is Dakota a lesbian? Based on her awkward looks and pictures from when she was a kid, I'm thinking the lack of boy attention turned her into her female friends and attracted to women.

I'm assuming she wasn't getting the boys lined up to take her out in high school.

by Anonymousreply 29June 16, 2019 7:37 PM

Was it a conscious uncoupling?

by Anonymousreply 30June 16, 2019 7:37 PM

Very very good description r27.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2019 12:57 AM

[quote]Was it a conscious uncoupling?

An unconscious coupling, I’d imagine.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2019 1:21 AM

She was OK, but I couldn't take the dumb fat skanky mother. Or the inexpressive grandma.

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2019 1:22 AM

Big dick but as milquetoast as the day is long.

Eventually bores all his girlfriends into a permanent bed death.

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2019 1:34 AM

I don't blame Dakota for jumping ship. It was a weird situation from the beginning, and Goop still has her claws in Martin playing the "we're great friends and spend a lot of time together!" shtick. Wasn't Dakota forced to have Thanksgiving with him at Goop's house? I wonder if she convinced to Dakota to do a vag steaming session.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2019 3:56 AM

[Quote] I wonder if she convinced to Dakota to do a vag steaming session.

Lol probably.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2019 11:04 AM

Does steamed vag really taste better?

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2019 11:09 AM

R37 well I'm sure it's the healthier option.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2019 11:33 AM

Can you imagine how uncomfortable this was?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2019 11:46 AM

R39 I'd find a way to manage if it meant I got to spend time in the Maldives.

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2019 11:49 AM

Are you kidding me R40? You couldn't pay me to go on a vacation anywhere in the world with Goop--you do realize that entering a foreign country with her would mean listening to hours of Goop extolling said countries' exotic cultures, and expounding her systematic list of every way in which they are superior to America--all whilst steaming her vag.

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2019 12:00 PM

R41 is right. Can you imagine what poor Dakota was subjected to?

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2019 12:03 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that Dakota broke this off because of Queen Goop's control over Chris. All of the press about Chris and Dakota's relationship has been told straight from the mouth of Goop, who has been gushing about how she loves Dakota and how she and Chris are still such good friends and she loves spending time with both of them and blah blah blah. Most reasonable people would be off-put by this level of passive-aggressive cuntery that only Le Goop is capable of.

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2019 12:08 PM

R41 it's called selective hearing 😏

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2019 12:09 PM

Goop is a sociopathic autocrat obsessed with selling her new-age image of a "modern family." Dakota didn't break up with Chris to get away from Chris, she did it to get away from Goop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2019 12:22 PM

Dakota Johnson is the Average White Girl of her generation. Someday she will find her Prince Average White Guy and settle into weekly trips to church for the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2019 12:28 PM

Sexit! Sad!

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2019 12:34 PM

R4

[quote] someone who was rated (sic) by celebrities.

What? Her relatives are dead?

And also "to be related to..."

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2019 12:42 PM

R46, you mean Armie Hammer?? Because he is heading for divorce.

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2019 12:43 PM

I saw a photo of Martin looking very very happy after the breakup with whatsherface.

He looked just like that, only even happier, when he broke up with Goop. It was like an anvil had been taken off of his shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2019 12:50 PM

[Quote] Someday she will find her Prince Average White Guy and settle into weekly trips to church for the Daily Mail.

Kellan Lutz

by Anonymousreply 51June 20, 2019 12:53 PM

This headline though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2019 10:20 AM

Dakota’s a pretty good actress outside of that 50 Shades nonsense. She was *great* in the Suspiria remake

by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2019 10:45 AM

I agree R53. I've never seen the 50 Shades crap, but I liked her in Suspiria and Bad Times at the El Royale.

by Anonymousreply 54June 21, 2019 10:48 AM

I thought Suspiria was terrible

by Anonymousreply 55June 21, 2019 10:55 AM

[quote]He looked just like that, only even happier, when he broke up with Goop. It was like an anvil had been taken off of his shoulders.

He had already given Alexa Chung a call at that point. Expect to see him with a new chick within a week. He wastes no time between women.

by Anonymousreply 56June 21, 2019 11:01 AM

“Is Dakota a lesbian? Based on her awkward looks and pictures from when she was a kid, I'm thinking the lack of boy attention turned her into her female friends and attracted to women.

I'm assuming she wasn't getting the boys lined up to take her out in high school.”

💡So THAT’s how this gay thing works.

by Anonymousreply 57June 21, 2019 11:16 AM

Yeah, the body language here looks *super* comfortable.🙄 I’m sure Gwyneth has nothing to do with this girl wanting to jump ship...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 21, 2019 11:36 AM

R54 you're not missing anything. Unless you're a huge fan of Dornan.

by Anonymousreply 59June 21, 2019 1:00 PM

I fucking hated Suspiria. But she was ok in that. But Damn, what a horrible movie.

by Anonymousreply 60June 21, 2019 2:05 PM

She was ok in How To Be Single. She definitely balanced Rebel Wilson out.

by Anonymousreply 61June 22, 2019 1:02 PM

Are they back together ?

by Anonymousreply 62November 1, 2019 2:34 AM

Aren't they back together? She's one of those actresses that mediocre and bland. Pretty forgettable. I enjoyed her mother more than her. But that is what we are going to get now. Lame ass kids from movie stars.

by Anonymousreply 63November 1, 2019 2:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!