Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This Thread is for Fans of iPod Classics and Similar Devices

Here you go. For those of us discussing the iPod classic on the "Does Anyone here collect movies on Blue-ray and DVD?" thread.

by Anonymousreply 15June 16, 2019 3:46 AM

I love my iPod classic and still use it daily. I have my entire music collection on there and I don't have to be bothered worrying about Wifi or data or the battery draining on my phone. I can connect it to my car via USB. I am dreading the day it no longer works. Tell me about other similar devices you can still get nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 1June 14, 2019 3:37 PM

My first mp3 player was a Creative Zen Vision M. Loved it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 14, 2019 3:39 PM

Lost my favorite one in a bathroom in NYC. Pissed me off as it had an extensive collection of classical and obscure music. I hope someone is enjoying it because it sure as hell wasn't turned in.

I have an iPod guru who regularly fixes my remaining 3 devices. I do not want to ever be without one. Sad that they discontinued the line because the phone just doesn't cut it.

by Anonymousreply 3June 14, 2019 3:40 PM

As I mentioned in the DVD/Blu-ray thread, I learned to repair my iPod bc I don't want to ever get rid of it.

by Anonymousreply 4June 14, 2019 3:49 PM

I still can't believe that Apple discontinued such an iconic product.

by Anonymousreply 5June 14, 2019 3:50 PM

Still use mine daily too - I got a modified one from eBay with a larger memory as I couldn't fit all I music I wanted on to the biggest one Apple made. Not everyone want's to stream...

by Anonymousreply 6June 14, 2019 3:53 PM

Did they give an explanation as to why they discontinued it? There's clearly a market for iPods, as working ones go for a fortune on EvilBay.

by Anonymousreply 7June 14, 2019 3:53 PM

I don't recall seeing an explanation, but the story round town was they are trying to push people into streaming which is more profitable.

by Anonymousreply 8June 14, 2019 4:26 PM

I still use it in my car. It's just so much easier to handle than a phone while you're driving. I need a new battery in a couple of weeks and a friend told me they will probably destroy the casing in the process. Any tips? Can you buy a new case or do I just have to live with it? Also where should I buy the battery? I bought a new battery for my Samsung smartphone last year and I looked at a lot of shops and EBay and most were fakes. I finally ordered from a shop with really good reviews and the battery looked like the original. But less than a year now and I have to change it again bc it is totally weak.

by Anonymousreply 9June 14, 2019 4:51 PM

I keep two 160gb models synced with my iTunes library. One stays in my truck so I never have to listen to the radio.

by Anonymousreply 10June 14, 2019 5:04 PM

I have an ipod classic (I guess.) It is grey, has the spinner wheel for finding stuff. It doesn't hold a charge well anymore but works fine if it is plugged in while using, so I guess it half works... I recently came across the receipt, I got it in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 11June 14, 2019 5:07 PM

Because they wanted to push people to streaming via the iPhone, which is of course more expensive.

by Anonymousreply 12June 14, 2019 5:36 PM

I have had three iPod nanos (1st, 4th, and 7th generations). I still have my 7th generation nano (with touch screen). I actually liked the 4th generation better (with spinner wheel), but it either had battery problems or problems with the wheel.

by Anonymousreply 13June 14, 2019 5:39 PM

iPods are the Toyotas of the device world. I like the 4th generation better, too, R13, and have two from that era.

by Anonymousreply 14June 15, 2019 6:44 PM

R11 It sounds like you need a new battery.

by Anonymousreply 15June 16, 2019 3:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!