Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rachael Leigh Cook and her cute husband Daniel Gillies call it quits

Rachael Leigh Cook and husband Daniel Gillies have called it quits.

The She's All That star revealed the news on Thursday in a heartfelt statement posted to Instagram, which she captioned simply with a heart emoji.

"With deep gratitude for every year we have spent together and the thousands of beautiful memories shared, we have mutually decided to separate as a couple," Cook wrote. "This decision isn't one we have come to easily or lightly."

"We love and respect each other as parents, people and artists and look forward to maintaining the best parts of our relationship for many years to come," added Cook, who shares two children with Gilles -- 5-year-old daughter Charlotte and 4-year-old son Theodore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 16, 2020 3:13 AM

she turned out more well adjusted than most child actors

by Anonymousreply 1June 14, 2019 4:17 AM

Have to be honest: anything out of the GOOP playbook (look how we're consciously uncoupling! even in divorce we're aspirational!) make me vomit a little bit in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 2June 14, 2019 4:20 AM

RLC is still relevant?

by Anonymousreply 3June 14, 2019 4:21 AM

Damn, she was lucky to get that hot D every night.

by Anonymousreply 4June 14, 2019 4:23 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 14, 2019 4:25 AM

Aww I like both of them.

by Anonymousreply 6June 14, 2019 5:24 AM

Damn, they were an attractive couple. She is very beautiful, and he's... well, hot. I honestly miss Rachael. She was one of the better '90s teen starlets we had. For some reason her career didn't translate well into adult roles like some of her peers (such as Kirsten Dunst).

by Anonymousreply 7June 14, 2019 6:04 AM

She still looks great!

by Anonymousreply 8June 14, 2019 6:27 AM

This is from last year. She has not aged one iota in the last 20 years. She looks amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 14, 2019 7:50 AM

Uhm, she's radiant. What is she doing nowadays? Seriously... someone get her a Lifetime series or something! She'd be a hit with us millennials who grew up watching her in She's All That and the masterpiece that is Josie and the Pussycats.

by Anonymousreply 10June 14, 2019 7:57 AM

Okay, I'm a little obsessed. She's got a Zooey Deschanel meets Natalie Portman vibe about her. Has she always or am I just realizing it now? Rachael!!! Come back to us! Sorry about your marriage.

by Anonymousreply 11June 14, 2019 7:58 AM

She's done several Hallmark movies.

by Anonymousreply 12June 14, 2019 8:03 AM

I've always thought she deserved a better career than the one she ended up with. She reminded me a little bit of Lacey Chabert, but Lacey never really sustained her second wind with Mean Girls either. Now she does Hallmark movies and Christian dating flicks.

by Anonymousreply 13June 14, 2019 8:20 AM

R9 Same with Christina Ricci. She hasn't aged one iota in the last 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 14June 14, 2019 8:25 AM

Does he have a new boyfriend? He is so very, very do-able.

by Anonymousreply 15June 14, 2019 9:06 AM

I'm not a member of DL's "actor = automatically gay" club, but there was never a single appearance made by Daniel Gillies in which it occurred to me that he was heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 16June 14, 2019 10:31 AM

As far as I recall, Gillies and Joseph Morgan had more chemistry together on their series than with any of their female co-stars. Though their characters were brothers. A lot of subtext, love-hate, and "I can't live without you" scenes. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both are at least bi (not necessarily with each other).

by Anonymousreply 17June 14, 2019 10:50 AM

that sucks

by Anonymousreply 18June 14, 2019 11:49 AM

She’s very pretty and he’s ok too, but do they still have careers? I haven’t heard anything about her in a hundred years. And even less about him.

by Anonymousreply 19June 14, 2019 12:09 PM

Quite big areolae.

He's one of the few good looking guys I find more handsome if he does not smile. Something about the formation of his teeth I find off putting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 14, 2019 12:16 PM

[Quote] Seriously... someone get her a Lifetime series or something! She'd be a hit with us millennials who grew up watching her in She's All That and the masterpiece that is Josie and the Pussycats.

Or on Netflix. I feel like Josie and The Pussycats was ahead of it's time in some ways.

[Quote] She reminded me a little bit of Lacey Chabert, but Lacey never really sustained her second wind with Mean Girls either.

I think the last big movie Lacey did was the shitastic Ghost Of Girlfriends Past with McBongo.

[Quote] As far as I recall, Gillies and Joseph Morgan had more chemistry together on their series than with any of their female co-stars. Though their characters were brothers. A lot of subtext, love-hate, and "I can't live without you" scenes.

The only popular ship I know of is Klaroline. Although I do remember a lot of fans talking about Klaus and Rebekah almost bordering on incest.

by Anonymousreply 21June 14, 2019 12:29 PM

She probably posted that a few minutes after they broke up, then spent hours drinking chardonnay, sniffling and reading replies.

by Anonymousreply 22June 14, 2019 12:39 PM

He is so fucking hot

by Anonymousreply 23June 14, 2019 2:17 PM

r19 He was on Canadian show, Saving Hope, for a bit, and doing The Originals at the same time. Once The Originals ended he decided to not do TV, for a little while a least, to spend some time with the kids since he was busy a lot. She did some Hallmark movies and maybe some other stuff like that.

by Anonymousreply 24June 14, 2019 2:24 PM

She was woefully miscast as Mary Anne in The Babysitters Club.

by Anonymousreply 25June 14, 2019 2:27 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 26June 16, 2019 1:52 PM

Still a jam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 16, 2019 2:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2019 7:09 PM

Sne also did a TNT show, Perception, with Eric McCormack and the little guy from Party of Five.

by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2019 7:19 PM

R28 Elijah should've done that to Klaus more often 😄

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2019 7:26 PM

R29 The actor who played Owen? I barely remember any scenes with him except with Charlie and the nanny.

by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2019 7:29 PM

How embarrassing! Of course, I meant "we" not "us" millennials.

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2019 8:08 PM

He was also in Spider-Man 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2019 8:29 PM

Lacey Chabert is doing Jesus flicks? Isn't she Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2019 2:43 AM

She could play Leighton Meester and Minka Kelly's long lost twin.

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2019 2:55 AM

Rachel is a lifetime icon for fronting Josie And The Pussycats

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2019 3:01 AM

She does a lot of voice over work, plus a ton of Hallmark movies. I think she has one of the most popular with the "...In the Vineyard" series for the channel. And yes, I'm embarrassed that I know that.

by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2019 3:11 AM

[Quote] Rachel is a lifetime icon for fronting Josie And The Pussycats

Such an underrated movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2019 11:10 AM

Daniel has now filed for divorce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 15, 2020 11:04 PM

Talk about a blast from the past. I completely forgot about her. Very dull actress, more suited to network TV and lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2020 11:21 PM

[Quote] more suited to network TV and lifetime.

Isn't that what she's doing??

by Anonymousreply 41July 16, 2020 3:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!