Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Exactly how many posters are filling up the Richard Madden threads (now on Part 30)?

Can the webmaster tag them (Fangirl #1, Fangirl #2, Fangirl #3...) like he was doing with the Call Me By Your Name threads? That was hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 75June 20, 2019 4:16 PM

Did Muriel name the Timmy obsessives "Fangirl" or "Fangurl" a few years back?

by Anonymousreply 1June 13, 2019 12:26 PM

They are discussing IG likes and fighting trolls. Endless tedious speculations.

by Anonymousreply 2June 13, 2019 12:28 PM

Lotsa knowledge of those threads on this one.

by Anonymousreply 3June 13, 2019 12:30 PM

Three

by Anonymousreply 4June 13, 2019 12:30 PM

I cannot believe they've managed to get so much mileage out of two photos of two blokes walking down the street next to each other. They're all insane.

by Anonymousreply 5June 13, 2019 12:30 PM

R1 It was "Fangirl", but for #1 he added the appendage "Fangirl #1 who treats Datalounge like her own personal chatroom"

Good times.

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2019 12:33 PM

I was Fangirl #3. I was the first person to type "Tim O'Tay."

by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2019 12:34 PM

Go on the thread and wind them up by saying they've been spotted in New York. They go wild.

by Anonymousreply 8June 13, 2019 12:35 PM

Someone asked why it's important to be able to put threads on "ignore." These threads are the reason why. And all Trump threads. And all Madonna threads. And all ass threads. People start too many fucking threads.

by Anonymousreply 9June 13, 2019 12:37 PM

The mods are constantly fighting Prancing Ponies. At least the Spaz Troll managed to upset the Sam Heughan fraus so much that the threads slowed to a trickle. Only 300 posts in the last month.

by Anonymousreply 10June 13, 2019 12:37 PM

You know, I checked that thread yesterday and some of them said they pay the monthly fee just to post in that one thread. So I can see why the webmaster would be fine with it.

r7 I remember that. Weren't you the one who was just at the wrong place at the wrong time? Or was that Fangurl #2?

by Anonymousreply 11June 13, 2019 12:37 PM

Oh, maybe I was Fangirl #2 then. I was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time.

by Anonymousreply 12June 13, 2019 12:40 PM

I put all Timmy threads on ignore now.

by Anonymousreply 13June 13, 2019 12:40 PM

The problem with this thread is that it has attracted tons of fangirls. They ruin everything. One fangurl was specifically angry over the posters' casual usage of "frau" and labeled it as misogynistic. This alone proves that many of them, if not most, are aliens to DL.

by Anonymousreply 14June 13, 2019 12:42 PM

r12 We did all go a bit crazy during the CMBYN period, didn't we? I cringe just thinking about some of my posts back then.

by Anonymousreply 15June 13, 2019 12:43 PM

R14, true. It's Tumblr girls and many are attacking Madden for wanting to stay closeted. One of them is definitely the Welp Troll, who infests the Chalamet, 1d and Markle threads as well.

by Anonymousreply 16June 13, 2019 12:44 PM

[quote] some of them said they pay the monthly fee just to post in that one thread

All the more reason why the rest of us fee-payers need to have our ability to ignore their threads restored ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 17June 13, 2019 12:46 PM

r16, that explains why until now, I had no idea who "the Welp Troll" was. I ignore all of those topics without ever opening their threads. THIS is why "ignore thread" is valuable.

by Anonymousreply 18June 13, 2019 12:46 PM

[quote]the Welp Troll

This makes me crack up every time someone mentions it. I love the fact that we have someone named "the Welp Troll" just because they use the word "welp" so often.

by Anonymousreply 19June 13, 2019 12:48 PM

Any time I enter the fangirl threads I swear I can hear them going "tee hee hee hee!" like rabid geishas.

by Anonymousreply 20June 13, 2019 12:49 PM

The Welp Troll always tells people who disagree with his tinhat ideas that they are PR shills or Russian bots.

by Anonymousreply 21June 13, 2019 12:49 PM

Listen, I'm all into discussing them if there is ACTUAL news, but there's not. Yet they still manage to post 300 times a day. I seriously don't get it. What are they talking about? I couldn't be bothered. Besides, Richard is your typical closeted bisexual. He will never come out. His career is too important to him.

by Anonymousreply 22June 13, 2019 2:08 PM

[quote]What are they talking about?

They're talking about their Instagram likes, the hotels they're checking in and out of, news sites talking about them... stuff like that.

by Anonymousreply 23June 13, 2019 2:13 PM

95% of those posters are fan girls and those threads are like train wrecks, I can’t look away.

by Anonymousreply 24June 13, 2019 2:46 PM

I guess Muriel’s a cheap date...I notice only one of that can post during prime time.

$1.50 per month , and that gets 600 posts per DAY

by Anonymousreply 25June 13, 2019 10:14 PM

Madame X knows exactly how many.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 13, 2019 10:16 PM

I think they are only obsessive straight girls.

by Anonymousreply 27June 13, 2019 10:18 PM

The same fat straight loser straight cows infested the Timmy Chalamet threads, making them unusable for anyone that was not a retarded cunt.

by Anonymousreply 28June 13, 2019 10:22 PM

It's the mystery that's intriguing to them. If they officially came out as a couple tomorrow, those threads would pretty much die down overnight.

by Anonymousreply 29June 13, 2019 10:33 PM

[quote]The same fat straight loser straight cows infested the Timmy Chalamet threads, making them unusable for anyone that was not a retarded cunt.

These threads usually start as normal gay gossip. But soon after, the tumblr fangurls snuff them, invade them like locusts and chase away regular DLers. Seen it happen on dozens of threads.

by Anonymousreply 30June 14, 2019 12:29 AM

r30 It is funny how they're the first ones to scream homophobia at those who deny the M&F relationship, and yet they pounce on any gay guy who points out that Madden might not be the bravest person around, which is their official line right now.

by Anonymousreply 31June 14, 2019 12:36 AM

Part 31 of Richard and Brandon: 444 post since the thread was created 13 hours ago.

These bitches are obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 32June 14, 2019 3:57 AM

They’re on Part 33 now

SMH

by Anonymousreply 33June 16, 2019 1:54 PM

Let the fraus frau in peace. Fraue in pacem.

by Anonymousreply 34June 16, 2019 1:57 PM

tiresome tiresome fraus

by Anonymousreply 35June 16, 2019 2:01 PM

Have they truly taken a moment to picture what is really going on between those guys?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 16, 2019 2:09 PM

I can't F&F those stupid threads. No one gives a shit about him. He doesn't have good roles anymore. He's average looking at best. Has foreskin. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 37June 16, 2019 2:10 PM

Oh come on, R&B are way more realistic than TimotheEeEe and Arm& Hammer

by Anonymousreply 38June 16, 2019 2:19 PM

It is weird, and more than a little off-putting, how certain people get obsessed over random actors. How can Madden and that other guy possibly merit thousands of posts? OCD is a scary thing.

by Anonymousreply 39June 16, 2019 2:43 PM

The truly frightening thing is that the people who make thousands of posts about random actors actually think that is a good thing, and not a sign of mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 40June 16, 2019 3:21 PM

Girly stanning of two maybe gay actors is not a harmful was to express one's OCD, if you put it in perspective of the range of behaviours possible. OCD stanning costs nothing, takes up no space, does not harm the body, etc. They don't even say mean things. It's very sparkle pony protective and optimistic cheerleading. So, there's that.

by Anonymousreply 41June 16, 2019 3:37 PM

harmful WAY

by Anonymousreply 42June 16, 2019 3:37 PM

It is appalling and pathetic but does it hurt moi? Non.

by Anonymousreply 43June 16, 2019 3:38 PM

Justifying obsessiveness as harmless is rather a low bar. It’s still creepy.

by Anonymousreply 44June 16, 2019 4:03 PM

I’ve seen these types of females go onto Reddit threads and literally destroy them with their obsessiveness.

They are nearly always a certain type of female and they always post in a certain way. They start to regard the specific thread as a community in itself and post first thing in the morning and last thing at night and are watching the thread constantly throughout the day.

When other people attempt to join in the discussion they turn on them and start attacking.

by Anonymousreply 45June 16, 2019 4:12 PM

Those straight cunts are harmless, if pathetic, so long as you don’t have any interest in the people that they’re obsessed with. If you want to legitimately discuss RM / BF news, and not fan fiction, the twats will infest any thread you make and derail it with their imaginings.

Witness the Armie Hammer and Timothee Chalamet threads. Those threads were frequently great before those straight fat girl coozes discovered DL.

by Anonymousreply 46June 16, 2019 4:27 PM

Who is Richard Madden? I've only seen his name on this site.

by Anonymousreply 47June 16, 2019 5:11 PM

Google him, you lazy whore

by Anonymousreply 48June 16, 2019 5:13 PM

But did people actually believe Armie and Tim were an actual 'thing'?

by Anonymousreply 49June 16, 2019 5:13 PM

In the Call Me By Your Name pole dance in late 2017 and early 2018. Armie and Timothee are good friends, and it showed, and the crazy fat Tumblr bitches were all over them. Now their obsession is with Madden and Flynn. One of cunts of the RM/BF signs her official name as MADLYNN.

by Anonymousreply 50June 16, 2019 5:21 PM

There were plenty of sparkle pony gay shopbottoms on DL who were obsessed with Chalamet. It wasn't just OCD lady hams. Maybe eventually it boiled down to the ladies, however.

by Anonymousreply 51June 16, 2019 5:22 PM

When it gets to a certain level of insanity, I ff. When it’s thread #30 and there has been nothing but a few pictures taken months ago, it’s time to ff because these crazies start heading into other DL threads while they wait for the other 2 fangurls to answer their posts. It’s how we got Poo Shoes, who used to scour the net for forums mentioning George Clooney.

by Anonymousreply 52June 16, 2019 5:29 PM

Behold their latest creation - the Grand Unified Theory of Branchard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 18, 2019 9:23 PM

They are actually insane.

by Anonymousreply 54June 18, 2019 9:35 PM

The first few threads were fun but it has become too crazy. They overanalyze everything and monitor their IG activity every minute. Who are these people?

by Anonymousreply 55June 18, 2019 9:44 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 18, 2019 9:50 PM

And he also has no ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 18, 2019 9:51 PM

R56 / r57 please post these exact same posts in whatever the curerent Richard / Brandon thread is today. Maybe you’ll shock those cunts into waking up.

by Anonymousreply 58June 18, 2019 10:12 PM

[quote[ Jeremy Langmead posts an IG pic of him, Daniel Marks and RM, showing that RM has a small circle of gay friends

r53 There's something disturbing that they think Madden knowing two gay people is proof of anything. Even Joe McCarthy would second guess that. Also Branchard? Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 59June 18, 2019 10:23 PM

R55.They're full of tweens or old women. I know frau is overused, but it really is accurate when it comes to these Madden, Chalamet, Hammer threads etc. Gay men like to see hot men and shit, but I don't know any that would carry on /get invested in a relationship like the people in the aforementioned threads have. Gay men simply do not care /get obsessed to such a level. But women sure as hell do. They LOVE shipping, and that's what those threads are.

And social media has made everyone so DUMB and obsessed. It's shocking how attached they are to it when it comes to their obsession. It really blows my mind. They know every tweet, every like, every instagram story the minute it happens. Do people really wanna know that much about their favorite celebrity? It's insane. I remember in the Chalamet thread where someone discovered he was at a party. The thread recognized a random person at the party from a picture(Guess this guy was semi famous)so they, ran to said persons instagram page, and scoured that accounts pictures to see if they could find a glimpse of Chalamet from the same party.

They then told everyone else to go through that guy's friend list to see if any of those friends were at the party, and to go through their pics as well in the hopes of again, maybe catching a glimpse of Chalamet at that party from one of their pictures or instagram stories. I remember thinking, to myself, "Jesus fucking Christ, do people really do this and care this much." Stanning culture is too extreme. Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 60June 18, 2019 10:25 PM

r59 I mean, British gays have been saying on Twitter that he was making out with the clientele in gay bars in London five years ago already, so it's not exactly news back home that he (also) fucks guys. Social media presence is way too managed to be able to discern what really goes on in a person's life.

by Anonymousreply 61June 18, 2019 10:35 PM

They just filled a thread in 19 hours and the only actual concrete thing were photos of Madden leaving a hotel in London with his mother. The rest was obsessive arguing over birthday celebrations, nonsense tweets and Instagram likes. It seems like they’re all teens or people with no social interaction who can understand sarcasm and jokes.

by Anonymousreply 62June 19, 2019 12:01 PM

[quote]It seems like they’re all teens or people with no social interaction who can understand sarcasm and jokes.

They ARE weirdly oblivious to jokes. The typical DL-style snark goes right over the heads of many of them.

by Anonymousreply 63June 19, 2019 1:41 PM

It's probably the same Aspie Cyberstalker / Damon Kruezer behind the Madden and CMBYN threads alike.

It just deletes it cookies and switches devices or accounts to bump its threads / talk to itself.

by Anonymousreply 64June 19, 2019 6:07 PM

You guys posting on this thread are pathetic retards. 64 replies on why there is 33 parts of a thread that does not interest you. Suck on a cock idiots.

by Anonymousreply 65June 19, 2019 6:20 PM

et voila!

by Anonymousreply 66June 19, 2019 10:12 PM

They remind me of a certain female-only board, the one who start with a L.

r65 Go back to tumblr, this board is for gay guys only not some crazy homophobic straight girl like you.

by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2019 10:45 PM

R65 doesn't understand she's on a gay board where sucking a cock isn't considered a bad thing...

by Anonymousreply 68June 20, 2019 10:43 AM

R65 Perhaps you should get some cocks too so you would stop being so obsessed with two men's lives cunt. Now go feed your ten cats.

by Anonymousreply 69June 20, 2019 1:35 PM

It's the same crazed Larrie types on all the 'gay and closeted' threads. The Sam Heughan fraus used to be the worst but now it's the Brichards.

I upset them by posting that Brandon had made a new playlist called Over. They all went nuts.

by Anonymousreply 70June 20, 2019 1:51 PM

Brill R70

by Anonymousreply 71June 20, 2019 1:54 PM

I think they make a cute couple and have only looked at one of those threads once, but got the definite impression it was two or three people talking to each other. However, what is the damage, if they bother you, then you should put them on ignore. Let them have their fun.

by Anonymousreply 72June 20, 2019 2:46 PM

R72. That's ultimately how I feel more or less. They're crazy and delusional, but essentially harmless I suppose. It is just irritating because this is a gay site. If they want to do all that shipping frau nonsense they have plenty of other outlets to do that at like tumblr etc. Why do it here.

by Anonymousreply 73June 20, 2019 2:55 PM

R73 it’s when the crazy fat female stans spill out into other threads that is the problem. Any thread on Richard Madden will be so fucked up by those fat losers that it will be unusable.

by Anonymousreply 74June 20, 2019 3:06 PM

[Quote]They ARE weirdly oblivious to jokes. The typical DL-style snark goes right over the heads of many of them.

That's why I stopped participating. The posters who took over the thread were devoid of any wit, it became too boring. Teenage girls aren't fun. Pity.

by Anonymousreply 75June 20, 2019 4:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!