Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Press Your Luck

Why revive this piece of shit and why with Elizabeth Banks of all people?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2019 9:46 PM

NO WHAMMIES!!!

by Anonymousreply 1June 13, 2019 12:23 AM

I’m a fan of the original with host Peter Tomarken, but don’t care for this woman as the hostess.

by Anonymousreply 2June 13, 2019 12:23 AM

It does need a male host.

by Anonymousreply 3June 13, 2019 12:40 AM

$$$$$$$ easy money $$$$$$$$

by Anonymousreply 4June 13, 2019 12:59 AM

I got to meet Rod Roddie a few years before he died. Said Peter was a nice guy (he told someone else that Bob Barker was a nasty homophobe). Roddie seemed like a sweet, aging queen--I met him because a student in my department had interned at The Price is Right and he brought Roddie to visit campus. I think Roddie was lonely and appreciated that the intern was nice to him (I don't think there was anything sexual going on).

by Anonymousreply 5June 13, 2019 1:09 AM

OMG I used to watch this when I was a kid on Game Show Network, I was always baffled that people trusted the "picture board" to be fair, since it would be SO EASY to rig it. I still sometimes say "Big Money No Whammies!" for fun though, when doing something that requires a good amount of luck. So dumb to reboot the show, though, and I agree with the E Banks comments above as well.

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2019 1:13 AM

R5 He was Rod Roddy.

by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2019 1:15 AM

That little queen on card sharks was WAY over the top. Hah.....top.

by Anonymousreply 8June 13, 2019 2:32 AM

You’re gay? Joel McHale.

by Anonymousreply 9June 13, 2019 2:49 AM

Did people really used to watch this back in the 80's? It's so boring. It's literally a game of chance with no skill involved. It's like watching someone play a slot machine. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2019 1:00 AM

Amateur Edna St. Vincent Millays used to send in their Press Your Luck poetry in hopes it would be read at the end of the show.

"Prizes and money you may have had/But that is why the Whammy is bad," etc.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2019 1:13 AM

I really like Elizabeth Banks, and she's usually gorgeous, but they're really styling her badly. That or she's had some bad work done, and considering that she's looked natural for a long time is...disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2019 1:27 AM

This was the lamest game show. The only time it held my interest was in that documentary about the "cheater" who memorized the patterns.

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2019 1:54 AM

"My Whammy burneth at both ends..."

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2019 2:16 AM

I do enjoy how gay these game show reboots are.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2019 2:18 PM

[quote] It's literally a game of chance with no skill involved.

Ah, no it wasn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2019 2:22 PM

Peter Tomarken was a snack back in the day.

He and his wife died in a private plane accident while doing charity work.

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2019 8:30 PM

He was a cutie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2019 6:49 PM

Elizabeth Banks is terrific. I don't know why people dislike her. If she weren't quite so generic looking she would have an even bigger career. But she's great in comedy and drama, is naturally funny and plays campy sinister quite well too. I loved the movie she did with Chris Pine and Michelle Pfeiffer.

I've never heard of this game show and have no intention to watch it either. Smarmy Joel McHale hosts one now too. Kind of sad that they have to sell out their naturally snarky personalities to act excited every time someone wins $200.

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2019 8:17 PM

The only good role she ever had was as Cam and Mitch’s faghag on Modern Family. Other than that, she’s useless and unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2019 9:44 PM

[quote]Other than that, she’s useless and unnecessary.

Aren't we all.

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2019 9:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!