Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madonna: MADAME X the Album is Here!

After those first five rather dismal releases, it looks like Madonna was saving the best for MADAME X's actual release.

"God Control" is awesome! I really love it! Aside from the Dance part of it, it also reminds me of "Substitute For Love." Just a GREAT song!!!!

Sure, there is autotune all over the entire album, almost every vocal. But some songs it works.

"I Don't Search I Find" sounds like a BEDTIME STORIES or MUSIC type song. Very cool! There are the "Vogue" finger-snapping beats in this one.

The songs trying to have that Portugal or whatever sound still fail, like "Batuka".

"Crazy" sounds EXACTLY like every song on the radio the last two years.

I hope there is a video for "Bitch I'm Loca" because Maluma's voice is so sexy on this one! BITCH, I'M LOCA!

"Looking For Mercy" will hook those "Live To Tell" stans.

"Killers Who Are Partying" sounds like "Havana" but it's catchy on its own.

"Extreme Occident" reminds me of Fiona Apple's "The First Taste" slightly. This is one of the Portugal/trendy sounding songs.

"Come Alive" is... eh. It's okay.

"Faz Gostoso" sounds like a Jennifer Lopez song from 2003.

Well, I LOVE "God Control" and "I Don't Search I Find" - LOVE them! But they are also the only two that have the "old" Madonna sound.

Maybe listening as a whole will make the album work, but I am drawn to the songs I like, not the ones that are a drudge.

I wish MADAME X well!!!!!!!!

"That's why I don't smoke - I toke!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602June 21, 2019 5:08 AM

"I Don't Search I Find" actually sounds like a House song from EROTICA.

by Anonymousreply 1June 12, 2019 5:19 PM

I thought it didn't get released til Friday?

by Anonymousreply 2June 12, 2019 5:21 PM

"This is your wakeup call!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 12, 2019 5:22 PM

I've already paid for my copy on iTunes but a friend in the industry let me listen to his copy.

by Anonymousreply 4June 12, 2019 5:24 PM

Oh, she says, "That's why I don't smoke that dope."

There's room for at least three more songs! Madonna should have put a few more on the DELUXE version.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 12, 2019 5:27 PM

Better, than "American Life," "God Control" has Madonna's most timely lyrics ever:

Everybody knows the damn truth

Our nation lied, we’ve lost respect

When we wake up, what can we do

Get the kids ready, take them to school

Everybody knows they don’t have a chance

Get a decent job, have a normal life

When they talk reforms, it makes me laugh

They pretend to help, it makes me laugh

We lost God control...

by Anonymousreply 6June 12, 2019 5:34 PM

What song is the promo where she goes:

"The thing that hurt the most. Was that I wasn't lost. I WASN'T LOST!"

by Anonymousreply 7June 12, 2019 5:37 PM

"Extreme Occident."

It's an okay song to me. In the top half.

by Anonymousreply 8June 12, 2019 5:43 PM

"I Don't Search I Find" also has speaking/singing vocals similar to "Rescue Me" and "Justify My Love."

by Anonymousreply 9June 12, 2019 5:47 PM

"Looking For Mercy" is very old school Madonna on third listening. I like it a lot!

by Anonymousreply 10June 12, 2019 5:52 PM

Listening to it for the last two hours has changed my mind: MADAME X is a fantastic album!

Make sure to buy your copy on release date Friday!

It's very good!

by Anonymousreply 11June 12, 2019 6:48 PM

That album is SO good, God Control is one of her best songs ever, I want a video for it. I have not been that exited since Confessions on the dance floor

by Anonymousreply 12June 12, 2019 6:53 PM

YES!!!!!!! I was just thinking about Tweeting Madonna that there MUST be a video for "God Control" - but I will wait until Friday - don't wanna get Madame X herself mad!

Really, truly, "God Control" is at the top of all of Madonna's songs! Not only does it sound so good it also has meaningful lyrics.

I wish Madonna would be Bruce on Friday!

Way to go, Madonna! MADAME X **is** brilliant!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 12, 2019 6:58 PM

BEAT Bruce is what I meant, of course!

by Anonymousreply 14June 12, 2019 7:00 PM

She looks ridiculous in that cover pic but I wish her well.

by Anonymousreply 15June 12, 2019 7:24 PM

The singles suck. Is the rest of the album really that good?

by Anonymousreply 16June 12, 2019 8:21 PM

I knew it had to be good. There was no way this could have sucked as much as the haters said it did coming off of the exceptional double album that was Rebel Heart.

by Anonymousreply 17June 12, 2019 8:39 PM

No r13, don't be Bruce, Be Best!

by Anonymousreply 18June 12, 2019 8:42 PM

Yes, the album is very good!

I have been on here slamming the singles for weeks, but as part of the album, they work fine. And the remaining songs on the album are all good with some being excellent.

Again, I think it works as a whole. The songs that are more 2019 commercial - well, why shouldn't Madonna try and beat everyone else at their own game? Let her try, I say.

"Crazy" could definitely be a radio/streaming hit. I'm shocked that song was not released first as it is very up-to-the-minute sounding.

"Medellin" starts the album off very well.

Oh!!! You MUST get the Deluxe MADAME X as the regular version does not have "Looking For Mercy" and "Extreme Occident", both of which would definitely be favorites of fans of old school Madonna.

Please BUY the album in whatever format you decide - no illegal downloads, okay?

by Anonymousreply 19June 12, 2019 8:49 PM

48 hours left to get the exclusive ltd edition t-shirt & lithograph celebrating Madonna’s June 30 performance at Pride Island! Proceeds support @TrevorProject

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 12, 2019 10:10 PM

[quote]Celebrate your PRIDE and help Madonna support a great cause with the Limited Edition Madame X Crave x World Pride Tee & Digital Album Download [quote]In Honor of Pride, all of Madonna’s proceeds will go to The Trevor Project, the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ youth.

I've already paid for my iTunes download of Madame X, but I'm going to get this, too. What a great cause!

Thanks, Madonna!

by Anonymousreply 21June 12, 2019 10:14 PM

Mother of dragons...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 12, 2019 11:02 PM

Christ! Will someone please up this fools dose?!

by Anonymousreply 23June 12, 2019 11:49 PM

I can't wait to read all of the worshipful reviews once MADAME X is officially released!

"God Control" is her masterpiece!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 13, 2019 12:28 AM

Vadgebot is talking to himself again.

by Anonymousreply 25June 13, 2019 12:29 AM

No, I was one of the big negative voices about Madonna - until today, when I got to hear MADAME X in its entirety.

It's FABULOUS!

Really, I'm so impressed with Madonna and all the hard work obviously put into this album.

Her best album ever!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 13, 2019 12:31 AM

R25, Thank you. I knew something was off with how similar each post was.

by Anonymousreply 27June 13, 2019 12:32 AM

"Looking For Mercy" is Madonna's new "Take A Bow" or "Live To Tell."

Instant classics!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 13, 2019 12:40 AM

Y dnt U STFU?

by Anonymousreply 29June 13, 2019 12:43 AM

"Everybody knows the damn truth!"

#godControl

#MadameX

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 13, 2019 12:49 AM

I really do love this album. Medellin and Future have grown on me a lot since their release. I love Dark Ballet, it's so beautiful and weird at the same time. Very different to anything she's done before. God Control is really epic. I'm a fan of combining shiny pop with lyrics that are the opposite of shiny so I love the mix of disco and singing about how we're basically fucked as a society. I Don't Search I Find is another great song, it's so Erotica and that's why I love it. I agree that Faz Gostoso sounds like a J Lo song. It's fun though. Overall it's great as a whole and I honestly was expecting to be let down so this is a welcome surprise

by Anonymousreply 31June 13, 2019 12:52 AM

There better be a video for BITCH I'M LOCA with Maluma!

FUN song!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 13, 2019 12:53 AM

Maluma's sexy little laugh at the end of BITCH I'M LOCA is hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 13, 2019 12:55 AM

.....none of these links work......

by Anonymousreply 34June 13, 2019 12:57 AM

R33 I knowwww! He's so hot it's ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 35June 13, 2019 12:58 AM

How many people is Guy Oseary paying to promote this album on DL?

by Anonymousreply 36June 13, 2019 1:02 AM

I wish I had waited a few hours before reviewing the MADAME X songs because now I love them all!

The autotune works very well in "Batuka."

"Killers Who Are Partying" still has that HAVANA sound but the music is very nice. Beautiful guitar in it.

I think "Come Alive" will sound incredible on the MADAME X tour!

by Anonymousreply 37June 13, 2019 1:02 AM

I don't know if anyone here know of composer FM Le Sieur, but the first third of "God Control" sounds like one of his haunting songs.

I LOVE the beginning of "God Control" and I LOVE the Disco part!

And the lyrics are so timely!

The Mueller Treason guys should listen to Madonna on "God Control."

"This is your wakeup call!"

by Anonymousreply 38June 13, 2019 1:05 AM

So she's already changed the album cover from that ugly Frida Kahlo mess?

Please tell me the singles she released were a practical joke.

by Anonymousreply 39June 13, 2019 1:11 AM

There are two album covers.

The standard 13 track release has this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 13, 2019 1:14 AM

And the Deluxe 15 track MADAME X has this cover.

Get the Deluxe because the two extra songs are phenomenal! Worth it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 13, 2019 1:15 AM

The only other Madonna song that has moved me as much as "God Control" is "Substitute For Love (Drowned World)".

It's THAT good.

by Anonymousreply 42June 13, 2019 1:18 AM

EVERYBODY KNOWS THE DAMN TRUTH!

Madame X

by Anonymousreply 43June 13, 2019 1:44 AM

Im excited for this.

by Anonymousreply 44June 13, 2019 3:44 AM

Is Vadgebot a frau?

She types like one.

by Anonymousreply 45June 13, 2019 4:02 AM

Listened to it in full now, and I'm happy to say I like it better than Hard Candy, MDNA, or Rebel Heart. And I was not expecting to like it at all, after those singles ("I Rise" and Crave" have grown on me, though). But it's more consistently great than any of those records.

by Anonymousreply 46June 13, 2019 6:39 AM

Where are you guys buying it?

by Anonymousreply 47June 13, 2019 9:13 AM

She's reached the sing-talk phase of singers her age now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 13, 2019 9:23 AM

"I Don't Search I Find" definitely has that 1992 EROTICA House groove!

by Anonymousreply 49June 13, 2019 12:34 PM

#Update @Spotify : MADAME X

06/12/2019

#Medellin has 22,183,280 (+227,126) streams

#IRise 3,046,796 (+23,521)

#Crave 4,036,131 (+47,842)

#Future 3,172,942 (+58,457)

#DarkBallet 842,805 (+85,594)

#Soltera 2,342,882 (+48,939)

#Medellin (Remixes) 960,139 (+21,074)

#Madonna #MadameX

Looks like "Medellin" is a bonafide hit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 13, 2019 12:37 PM

"'Crave' took me a few listens, but now it's stuck in my head," says Brian Demay, pd of Cumulus-owned WRRM Cincinnati, who notes that the station is playing the Madonna-solo version "only because our listeners don't know who Swae Lee is.

"This song is legit. It's not campy or nostalgic. It sounds like 2019. Madonna has reinvented her sound yet again."

"'Crave' sounds great on the air," Boldon echoes. "You don't have to sell it as 'new Madonna.' It stands on its own as simply 'cool new music.' "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 13, 2019 1:09 PM

There is clearly someone from her label on here. I get liking the album, but this guy is practically apoplectic. Like I said, the singles are snooze fests. I’m open to there being some good songs on it, but that’s as far as I’m willing to go.

by Anonymousreply 52June 13, 2019 1:12 PM

I already said I was one of Madonna's detractors here during all of the build up to the release of MADAME X.

However, I was fortunate to be able to listen to the full Deluxe MADAME X, and I love it!

I was wrong.

I was wrong about the album being horrible AND I was wrong to join in on the nonstop attacks on Madonna.

Sure, I'm overcompensating now, but I want to let those who might want to give MADAME X a chance that it's a great album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 13, 2019 1:15 PM

Can’t fucking wait. One more day, bitches

by Anonymousreply 54June 13, 2019 1:23 PM

The reviews I've read are kind of 'deer caught in headlights'. Most seem to have a 'wtf did I just hear?' vibe to them, albeit mostly (maybe begrudgingly) positive. But part of me wonders if the 'positive' bent isn't because reviewers aren't sure which side of history they'll end up being on. The album sounds like it's simultaneously the most brilliant piece of work she's ever done AND the biggest turd she's ever laid. I'm definitely curious to hear it, now. As a long time Madgestan, I wasn't overly impressed with the 5 singles she released, which are pretty much half the album.

by Anonymousreply 55June 13, 2019 1:23 PM

No, only 1/3 of 15 songs. And get the Deluxe MADAME X because "Looking For Mercy" and "Extreme Occident" are only on the Deluxe version and are two of the best songs on the album.

Madonna's tried to be deep before but this time she really pulls it off to great and lasting effect. The songs stick with you and sound better and better the more you absorb them.

I didn't crave "Crave" but now I love it. I do think I was going with a pack mentality and dog-piling Madonna, which I deeply regret.

The bad reviews I've read pick on what the reviewer thought were silly lyrics. Oh, and her AGE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 13, 2019 1:40 PM

I'm putting you on block, now, R56.

by Anonymousreply 57June 13, 2019 1:41 PM

Mercy!

by Anonymousreply 58June 13, 2019 1:50 PM

"Looking For Mercy", R58?

It's fantastic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 13, 2019 2:03 PM

She lost her adopted daughter?

by Anonymousreply 60June 13, 2019 2:09 PM

5 flop singles. Even Janet didn’t bomb this hard.

by Anonymousreply 61June 13, 2019 4:02 PM

Bitch I'm Loca with Maluma is so dumb and fun

by Anonymousreply 62June 13, 2019 4:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 13, 2019 4:14 PM

Madame ❌. Is celebrating.............. one more day till Album drops!!🥂................,,,June 14th #madamex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 13, 2019 4:26 PM

So let me get this straight... she has released FIVE singles from the album, and they were all awful and they were all flops, but you are trying to make us believe she has for some unknown reason saved all the best songs for the rest of the album?

And you're insisting that we buy it on the first day it is released???

I hope you are very well compensated by her label. I have not seen such bizarre over-the-top shilling even from the Trump White House.

by Anonymousreply 65June 13, 2019 4:35 PM

OP is a Madonna shill

by Anonymousreply 66June 13, 2019 4:39 PM

Ciab Bella is excellent. If she was actually singing on it, it would've been marvelous.

by Anonymousreply 67June 13, 2019 4:43 PM

*Ciao

by Anonymousreply 68June 13, 2019 4:43 PM

DL is so fucked up- all those Madonna bashing threads- now this thread. Anonymous Internet posting is really among the best examples of human behavior at it's most deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 69June 13, 2019 4:59 PM

[quote] DL is so fucked up- all those Madonna bashing threads- now this thread. Anonymous Internet posting is really among the best examples of human behavior at it's most deplorable. —charlie

You are so right, charlie!

WHY can we not use the Internet as it is meant to be used, and devote more threads to talking about your personal fleeting encounters with the Kennedys?

by Anonymousreply 70June 13, 2019 5:24 PM

[quote]devote more threads to talking about your personal fleeting encounters with the Kennedys?

That sounds good. Where are those threads?

by Anonymousreply 71June 13, 2019 5:28 PM

(S)he isn't a shill, (s)he told us twice now, (s)he was critical before, and is now a huge fan of this album. I'm convinced this isn't some paid shill attempting to promote an album.

by Anonymousreply 72June 13, 2019 5:40 PM

flopulous

by Anonymousreply 73June 13, 2019 5:41 PM

The OP of this thread seems to be in some sort of trance or hypnotized. I may have wanted to listen to the album before, but now I'm mildly afraid to. Will I start babbling the same insane gibberish as this fool?

by Anonymousreply 74June 13, 2019 6:28 PM

Fine, I give up.

I was trying to make up for my rude and mean attacks on Madonna.

I really do enjoy MADAME X and wanted to make up for my unkind actions.

But I will stop talking about the album now.

by Anonymousreply 75June 13, 2019 6:48 PM

Okay, not quite gone!

GREAT review from Variety!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 13, 2019 7:26 PM

Hard Candy was her only disappointing album and that wasn't even that bad. Looking forward to this.

by Anonymousreply 77June 13, 2019 7:28 PM

[quote]Madonna has a reputation for being a trendsetter, but her true talent lies in bending those trends to her will, twisting them around until they’re barely recognizable, and creating something entirely new. The album’s pièce de résistance, at least in that regard, is the six-minute “God Control,” which begins with Madonna conjuring the spirit and disaffected monotone of Kurt Cobain—“I think I understand why people get a gun/I think I understand why we all give up,” she sings through clenched teeth—before the whole thing implodes into a euphoric, densely layered samba-disco-gospel mash-up. Throughout the song, Madonna’s vocals alternate between Auto-Tuned belting, urgent whispers, and Tom Tom Club-style rapping as she takes on the gaslight industrial complex and so-called political reformers. On paper, it might sound like the ingredients for a musical Hindenburg, but—somewhere around the midpoint, when she declares, “It’s a con, it’s a hustle, it’s a weird kind of energy!”—it all coheres into the most exhilaratingly batshit thing she’s done in years.

I told you "God Control" is the album's masterpiece!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 13, 2019 7:31 PM

[quote]God Control is her call to arms – literally. Starting off as a mid-tempo diatribe exploring the state of gun control in America with a magnificent choral backdrop, the track then inexplicably weaves into a thumping disco night in Studio 54 with gunshots ringing out, all with a deft string-laden nod to Love Don’t Live Here Anymore. If Madonna wants us to wake up, we certainly have. This song shouldn’t work, and yet it absolutely does. It’s sublimely ridiculous.

[quote]Yet there’s space amongst it all too for some more straightforward moments. Batuka and Faz Gostoso, for example, could almost have been lifted from a Nelly Furtado album. And there are some shades of vintage Madonna and they shine brightly on what is largely an experimental album. Come Alive is spectacular, uplifting pop with soaring and wondrous harmonies and a sweeping blueprint that draws you in. I Don’t Search I Find is straight out of the ’90s, a kind of canny hybrid between her own smash Vogue and Alison Limerick‘s Where Love Lives. Crazy has a gorgeous retro feel and would not be out of place on Ariana Grande‘s latest album with some canny lyrical self-references, while Mercy is Madonna at her most cinematic, but also her most vulnerable and isolated.

[quote]The album’s closer is the powerful and introspective I Rise. An emotional intro from advocate for gun control Emma González, survivor from the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, opens the door to an anthem calling the marginalised to rise above the constraints of the dictatorial society we increasingly appear to be living in. It’s an uplifting end to one hell of a journey: bold, bizarre, brazen and beguiling, Madame X is Madonna living her Latin American Life. Brilliant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 13, 2019 7:38 PM

I don't understand how this album can be some kind of masterpiece when she's already released five terrible songs from it to complete public indifference.

by Anonymousreply 80June 13, 2019 7:52 PM

R80 Well, even the positive reviews mention it's one of her least commercial albums. Rebel Heart also led with poor singles but ended up being a very good album.

by Anonymousreply 81June 13, 2019 8:20 PM

Apparently Madonna's publicist is on the thread... Sorry but with 4 crappy singles and one decent one, it mathematically can't be a great album. By design it already half sucks

by Anonymousreply 82June 13, 2019 8:25 PM

For those of you keeping score:

A full [bold]FORTY[/bold] of the posts on this thread so far belong to the OP.

by Anonymousreply 83June 13, 2019 8:26 PM

People think that I’m insane

The only gun is in my brain

Each new birth, it gives me hope

That’s why I don’t smoke that dope

Insane people think I am

Brain inside my only friend

Hope it gives me birth each new

That dope I don’t smoke, it’s true

Everybody knows the damn truth!

GOD CONTROL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 13, 2019 8:28 PM

Madonna : My album is about those 'who don't have a voice'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 13, 2019 9:06 PM

Madame ❌ stops traffic.....................🚦🚦Album drops in a few hours #madamex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 13, 2019 9:56 PM

There is ABSOLUTELY NO reason to rush and buy the album even in the unlikely event it is even listenable. She doesn't need your money.

You can simply stream it for free online.

by Anonymousreply 87June 13, 2019 10:16 PM

No, buy it so that Madame X beats Bruce!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 13, 2019 10:20 PM

Everybody just stream it, if you have any interest at all beyond simply HATING the woman, and then decide if you want to buy, geez.

by Anonymousreply 89June 13, 2019 10:26 PM

[quote]Anonymous Internet posting is really among the best examples of human behavior at it's most deplorable.

Says the poster who's made fun of Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey's mental illness.

You're such a phony.

by Anonymousreply 90June 13, 2019 10:29 PM

I love Taylor, but for her to start pre-sale on a #madamex weekend I am rethinking my like. TEAM #Madonna 🖤🔥🌈

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 13, 2019 10:30 PM

MADAME X is Number One on the Album Charts in dozens of countries around the world!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 13, 2019 10:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 13, 2019 11:11 PM

Currently #1 in 32 cunt-tries

iTunes (32x #1): #1 United Kingdom #1 Australia #1 Belarus #1 Belgium #1 Bulgaria #1 Cyprus #1 Egypt #1 Estonia #1 Finland #1 France #1 Greece #1 Hungary #1 Indonesia #1 Israel #1 Italy #1 Kazakhstan #1 Lithuania #1 Malaysia #1 Netherlands #1 Philippines #1 Poland #1 Qatar #1 Russia #1 Singapore #1 Slovakia #1 Spain #1 Taiwan #1 Thailand #1 Turkey #1 Ukraine #1 United Arab Emirates #1 Uzbekistan #2 Bulgaria #2 Cyprus #2 Denmark #2 Estonia #2 Greece #2 India #2 Moldova #2 New Zealand #2 Philippines #2 Russia #2 Saudi Arabia #2 South Africa #2 Sweden #2 Ukraine #3 Japan #3 Kazakhstan #3 Saudi Arabia #3 Singapore #3 United Arab Emirates #4 India #4 Papua New Guinea #4 Poland #4 Spain #5 France #5 Turkey #5 Vietnam #6 Australia #6 Denmark #6 New Zealand #6 South Africa #6 Sweden #6 Taiwan #6 Vietnam #7 Italy #9 Azerbaijan #12 Belgium #13 Cambodia #16 United Kingdom #16 Netherlands #18 Indonesia #24 Brunei Darussalam #31 Japan #31 Thailand #35 Lebanon #72 Latvia #73 Latvia #178 Romania

by Anonymousreply 94June 14, 2019 12:02 AM

Celebrate, Madame X!

You are freeing the world from tyranny!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 14, 2019 12:05 AM

It’s not released in North America yet so it’s interesting to see how the album performs there tmr

by Anonymousreply 96June 14, 2019 12:07 AM

OP made 90% of the replies in this thread. lol F&F

by Anonymousreply 97June 14, 2019 12:09 AM

Madame X will cha-cha into first place on all the charts! Tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 98June 14, 2019 12:09 AM

[quote]Madonna : My album is about those 'who don't have a voice'

So she made the album for herself then.

by Anonymousreply 99June 14, 2019 12:10 AM

[quote]Madame X will cha-cha into first place on all the charts! Tomorrow!

The real charts? Like Billboard? lmfao..

by Anonymousreply 100June 14, 2019 12:10 AM

Madame X is tasting success!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 14, 2019 12:10 AM

Block one special poster and a third of the post disappears lol

by Anonymousreply 102June 14, 2019 12:27 AM

Currently #1 in 36 cunt-tries. Not yet released in North America.

iTunes (36x #1): #1 United Kingdom #1 Australia #1 Bahrain #1 Belarus #1 Belgium #1 Bulgaria #1 Cyprus #1 Egypt #1 Estonia #1 Finland #1 France #1 Germany #1 Greece #1 Hungary #1 Indonesia #1 Israel #1 Italy #1 Kazakhstan #1 Lebanon #1 Lithuania #1 Malaysia #1 Netherlands #1 Philippines #1 Poland #1 Qatar #1 Romania #1 Russia #1 Singapore #1 Slovakia #1 Spain #1 Taiwan #1 Thailand #1 Turkey #1 Ukraine #1 United Arab Emirates #1 Uzbekistan #2 Bulgaria #2 Cyprus #2 Denmark #2 Estonia #2 Greece #2 India #2 Ireland #2 Israel #2 Moldova #2 Mozambique #2 New Zealand #2 Norway #2 Philippines #2 Russia #2 Saudi Arabia #2 South Africa #2 Sweden #2 Ukraine #3 Finland #3 Japan #3 Kazakhstan #3 Saudi Arabia #3 Singapore #3 United Arab Emirates #4 Denmark #4 India #4 Papua New Guinea #4 Poland #4 Spain #5 France #5 Turkey #5 Vietnam #6 Australia #6 New Zealand #6 South Africa #6 Taiwan #6 Vietnam #7 Italy #7 Sweden #9 Azerbaijan #11 Norway #12 Belgium #13 Cambodia #15 United Kingdom #16 Netherlands #18 Indonesia #24 Brunei Darussalam #31 Japan #31 Thailand #36 Lebanon #43 Ireland #49 Mozambique #72 Latvia #73 Latvia #87 Kenya

by Anonymousreply 103June 14, 2019 12:30 AM

r99 wins the thread!

by Anonymousreply 104June 14, 2019 12:35 AM

Or, she made the album for those who don't have auto-tune.

by Anonymousreply 105June 14, 2019 12:36 AM

OMFG I AM FUCKING HERE! 😭 #madamex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 14, 2019 12:42 AM

I watched some video on auto-tune because I was curious about how it works. Really, if you're a shitty singer, auto-tune can only do so much to correct your voice and make it sound listenable. You have to have some pretty good singing ability to begin with. It's a bit of a cheat, but it's not as if she doesn't have singing ability to begin with. Some may argue, and I'm not saying she's the greatest singer ever, but her voice is at least unique. And she didn't blow her voice over-singing the way Whitney and Mariah did, and how Xtina eventually will. Well, I mean the crack didn't help Whitney, but you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 107June 14, 2019 12:50 AM

Currently #1 in 43 countries. Not yet released in North America.

Madonna fans: enjoy when it lasts because it will drop like a rock in a few days

iTunes (43x #1): #1 United Kingdom #1 Australia #1 Austria #1 Bahrain #1 Belarus #1 Belgium #1 Bulgaria #1 Cyprus #1 Czech Republic #1 Egypt #1 Estonia #1 Finland #1 France #1 Germany #1 Greece #1 Hungary #1 Indonesia #1 Israel #1 Italy #1 Kazakhstan #1 Lebanon #1 Lithuania #1 Luxembourg #1 Malaysia #1 Malta #1 Netherlands #1 Philippines #1 Poland #1 Portugal #1 Qatar #1 Romania #1 Russia #1 Singapore #1 Slovakia #1 Slovenia #1 Spain #1 Switzerland #1 Taiwan #1 Thailand #1 Turkey #1 Ukraine #1 United Arab Emirates #1 Uzbekistan #2 Bulgaria #2 Cyprus #2 Denmark #2 Estonia #2 Greece #2 India #2 Ireland #2 Israel #2 Moldova #2 Mozambique #2 New Zealand #2 Norway #2 Philippines #2 Portugal #2 Russia #2 Saudi Arabia #2 South Africa #2 Sweden #3 Finland #3 Japan #3 Kazakhstan #3 Saudi Arabia #3 Singapore #3 Ukraine #3 United Arab Emirates #4 Denmark #4 India #4 Papua New Guinea #4 Poland #4 Spain #4 Turkey #5 Czech Republic #5 France #5 Italy #5 South Africa #5 Vietnam #6 Australia #6 New Zealand #6 Taiwan #6 Vietnam #7 Netherlands #7 Sweden #8 Norway #8 Switzerland #9 Azerbaijan #12 Belgium #13 Cambodia #15 United Kingdom #15 Austria #18 Indonesia #24 Brunei Darussalam #31 Japan #31 Thailand #36 Lebanon #43 Ireland #49 Mozambique #62 Slovenia #72 Latvia #73 Latvia #87 Kenya

by Anonymousreply 108June 14, 2019 1:13 AM

[quote]Currently #1 in 43 countries. Not yet released in North America.

In tiny shithole counties, love. And iTunes isn't a real chart.

by Anonymousreply 109June 14, 2019 1:26 AM

Yeah UK, Australia, Germany, France, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Luxembourg, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland are shithole countries

by Anonymousreply 110June 14, 2019 1:41 AM

AND Italy, Netherlands, Russia and Taiwan are shithole countries

by Anonymousreply 111June 14, 2019 1:44 AM

"No, buy it so that Madame X beats Bruce!"

Nah, I'm good with streaming it or finding it free somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 112June 14, 2019 1:53 AM

Bruce's album has a higher metacritic score so it's Mr Springsteen for me

by Anonymousreply 113June 14, 2019 2:02 AM

Bad Gay at R113.

by Anonymousreply 114June 14, 2019 2:09 AM

She'll debut somewhere in the top 3, and next week her sales figures will drop by some drastic number, like 85% or something. Isn't that the trend with her? It stems from her current image problem as much as the music. It's too bad, though, that she turns people off before they give the record a chance... the album tracks of Madame X have been a lot more surprising and fun than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 115June 14, 2019 2:24 AM

awwww. Great Grandma has a new record out

by Anonymousreply 116June 14, 2019 3:55 AM

It’s god awful!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 117June 14, 2019 4:19 AM

[quote] Really, if you're a shitty singer, auto-tune can only do so much to correct your voice and make it sound listenable. You have to have some pretty good singing ability to begin with.

How dumb do you think we are? Here are people who are not even [italic]singing[/italic] in actuality who can sound like they are on autotune

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 14, 2019 4:25 AM

R108, iTunes charts are worthless. How many have been sold in those countries, 100?

by Anonymousreply 119June 14, 2019 4:37 AM

Hard Candy was a great album and MDNA had some awesome songs. These past two albums have just been terrible.

by Anonymousreply 120June 14, 2019 4:39 AM

Just bought the deluxe album... it has some great moments. Now I get the singles—they do work as a whole. Glad to have some new Madonna music.

by Anonymousreply 121June 14, 2019 4:44 AM

I really thought this thread was released by her PR team so I took the postive response with a huge grain of salt but Im listening to it now you hoes are right. This album is 🔥🔥🔥🔥. God Control and I dont search I Find are some of her best of all time. This is her best album since Confessions and she's not trying as hard to fit in like MDNA and Rebel Heart.

by Anonymousreply 122June 14, 2019 4:56 AM

I'm liking God Control.

It starts out one way and goes in a completely different direction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 14, 2019 5:03 AM

I think you're pretty dumb, R118. I didn't say I was an expert at auto-tune. I watched youtube videos about it for Christ's sakes, in case you missed that part. I said I think it can only help you so much. Newsflash - Madge isn't the only one who's auto-tuned these days. If you don't like her, then don't listen to her.

That said, I'm actually liking this mess. It's weird, but it really is some of her best work in a long time. I Don't Search I Find is her best song in years.

by Anonymousreply 124June 14, 2019 5:11 AM

Dafuk, R123? She sings like shes got marbles in her mouth

by Anonymousreply 125June 14, 2019 5:20 AM

Madonna as always been about marketing more than music.

by Anonymousreply 126June 14, 2019 5:20 AM

It definitely seems like a PR is working these boards hard. That said, I have listen to two of the songs and like both more than any of the 5 that were “released”.

You can find all of the songs on YouTube. Most/all are on Madonna’s page. Probably released in the last hour or two because there’s only a few thousand views on each side

by Anonymousreply 127June 14, 2019 5:20 AM

[quote] If you don't like her, then don't listen to her.

Not since "Ray of Light," so: done!

by Anonymousreply 128June 14, 2019 5:22 AM

Like Crazy, too.

by Anonymousreply 129June 14, 2019 5:23 AM

Oops, Crazy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 14, 2019 5:23 AM

Finally listened to the album. I must admit this album is amazingly outstanding, even better than COADF imho.

I totally fell in love with God Control, Medellín, Killers Who Are Partying, Crave, Come Alive, Faz Gostoso, Extreme Occident and Bich I’m Loca.

9 out of 10 👏👏

by Anonymousreply 131June 14, 2019 5:32 AM

R115 of course it will free fall down billboard in its second week because she bundled the shitty album with anyone (and there weren’t many) who bought her concert tickets

by Anonymousreply 132June 14, 2019 5:33 AM

I really like God Control, I Dont Search I Find, and Looking for Mercy

by Anonymousreply 133June 14, 2019 5:34 AM

OP is really working overtime in this thread

by Anonymousreply 134June 14, 2019 5:35 AM

Deluxe download is $5 on Amazon. Who is she, Gaga?

by Anonymousreply 135June 14, 2019 5:38 AM

#1 in the US now

by Anonymousreply 136June 14, 2019 5:43 AM

[quote]Deluxe download is $5 on Amazon.

I just ordered this but am only able to access 5 songs. All the ones she has already released.

by Anonymousreply 137June 14, 2019 5:48 AM

If you take away the movies, the Sex book and put the brakes on her musical output after Confessions, she would have a perfect career.

by Anonymousreply 138June 14, 2019 5:55 AM

#1 in 54 countries now

Album: Madame X

iTunes (54x #1): #1 United States #1 United Kingdom #1 Australia #1 Austria #1 Bahrain #1 Belarus #1 Belgium #1 Belize #1 Brazil #1 Bulgaria #1 Canada #1 Costa Rica #1 Cyprus #1 Czech Republic #1 Dominican Republic #1 Ecuador #1 Egypt #1 El Salvador #1 Estonia #1 Finland #1 France #1 Germany #1 Greece #1 Guatemala #1 Honduras #1 Hungary #1 Indonesia #1 Israel #1 Italy #1 Kazakhstan #1 Lebanon #1 Lithuania #1 Luxembourg #1 Malta #1 Mexico #1 Netherlands #1 Panama #1 Philippines #1 Poland #1 Portugal #1 Qatar #1 Romania #1 Russia #1 Singapore #1 Slovakia #1 Slovenia #1 Spain #1 Switzerland #1 Taiwan #1 Thailand #1 Turkey #1 Ukraine #1 United Arab Emirates #1 Uzbekistan

by Anonymousreply 139June 14, 2019 5:57 AM

R137 I spoke to Amazon and they said full download should be available midnight pacific time

by Anonymousreply 140June 14, 2019 6:12 AM

R140, I was able to download a zip file, open it up then copy to a new folder on my desktop and then copy & paste into my iTunes library.

Burning a CD now.

by Anonymousreply 141June 14, 2019 6:16 AM

R141 i opened zip but it only contained 5 prerelease tracks

by Anonymousreply 142June 14, 2019 6:21 AM

#1 in 58 countries now

Album: Madame X

iTunes (58x #1): #1 United States #1 United Kingdom #1 Argentina #1 Australia #1 Bahrain #1 Belarus #1 Belgium #1 Belize #1 Brazil #1 Bulgaria #1 Canada #1 Chile #1 Colombia #1 Costa Rica #1 Cyprus #1 Czech Republic #1 Dominican Republic #1 Ecuador #1 Egypt #1 El Salvador #1 Estonia #1 Finland #1 France #1 Germany #1 Greece #1 Guatemala #1 Honduras #1 Hungary #1 Indonesia #1 Israel #1 Italy #1 Kazakhstan #1 Lebanon #1 Lithuania #1 Luxembourg #1 Malta #1 Mexico #1 Netherlands #1 Panama #1 Peru #1 Philippines #1 Poland #1 Portugal #1 Qatar #1 Romania #1 Russia #1 Singapore #1 Slovakia #1 Slovenia #1 Spain #1 Switzerland #1 Taiwan #1 Thailand #1 Trinidad and Tobago #1 Turkey #1 Ukraine #1 United Arab Emirates #1 Uzbekistan

by Anonymousreply 143June 14, 2019 6:26 AM

Fantastic success! Loved it on the first listen. There’s something for everyone!

by Anonymousreply 144June 14, 2019 6:42 AM

It's very interesting. Lyrically, it's a bit rubbish but musically it's pretty impressive.

by Anonymousreply 145June 14, 2019 7:31 AM

LOVE "I Don't Search I Find". I was about to go to bed but this one got me dancing all over the room.

by Anonymousreply 146June 14, 2019 7:42 AM

For all the threads that bashed Madonna prior to her Madame X cd dropping today. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Madonna said that cd is about “supporting those who don’t have a voice.” That’s the gay community she’s speaking about directly.She never had some many songs on one cd speaking on point about gay issues. Dark Ballet, I Rise, Looking For Mercy and Killers Who Are Partying speak volumes in support of the gays. The opening line of Killers Who Are Partying says “ I would be gay if the gay are burned” Sure lots are artists support gay rights but never to the extent that Madonna has done with this cd. It’s not her most radio friendly cd and for that traditional Madonna fans won’t get what they expect from her normally. Crave and Come Alive are the most radio friendly tracks. But the stand she takes in support of others and the voice lends to those causes is impressive on a level that’s not been seen recently by any major artist. She took a serious chance to speak up with this cd and gay men should be proud of her for the support she shows us.

by Anonymousreply 147June 14, 2019 7:56 AM

Madame X interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 14, 2019 9:16 AM

The voice processing ruins this otherwise interesting effort. It actually hurts my ears. I gave it a listen on very low volume and there are some good bones to it.

by Anonymousreply 149June 14, 2019 9:22 AM

GOD CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where has this Madonna been all these years?!?

by Anonymousreply 150June 14, 2019 9:30 AM

I thought the PR shill/troll said earlier it was going to STOP?

Why has it NOT???

Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 151June 14, 2019 11:17 AM

Yeah, "God Control" (after a few dozen listens) is pretty effin' addictive, I gotta admit...

by Anonymousreply 152June 14, 2019 11:35 AM

God Control is nothing special. Disco-lite.

by Anonymousreply 153June 14, 2019 12:05 PM

Madame ❌ starts her week seeing and hearing no evil.......... #madamex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 14, 2019 12:25 PM

Someone here is definitely on Madonna's payroll...

by Anonymousreply 155June 14, 2019 12:27 PM

Madame ❌ likes to try new things...............this tour is only the beginning................👠. My grandmother used to say...............Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 14, 2019 12:28 PM

I wonder how much $$$ R156 is making...???

by Anonymousreply 157June 14, 2019 12:33 PM

Nothing. I am atoning for joining in on the Madonna-bashing the last several weeks leading up to the release of MADAME X.

I feel bad about partaking in trashing Madonna as she's given me countless wonderful music memories.

MADAME X is an incredible album and I want to spread the word.

I've learned a lesson about online bashing. Madonna has always been a friend to us gay men, and she deserves our respect.

Viva MADAME X!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 14, 2019 12:38 PM

Mary Madonna Mother of Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 159June 14, 2019 12:43 PM

9 hours later and MADAME X is still beating Bruce as Number One on the iTunes Album Chart!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 14, 2019 12:58 PM

Stay hydrated, OP. Just listened to the album. Pure shit. The songs that weren't the 4 flop singles are just as shitty. Not one song with a good hook or radio friendly. Couldn't pay me to go see this tour.

by Anonymousreply 161June 14, 2019 1:07 PM

Old Cunt Day is Here!

by Anonymousreply 162June 14, 2019 1:12 PM

Don't worry, R161. MADAME X will free you from the tyranny of your self-imposed prison.

She's right behind you now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 14, 2019 1:16 PM

I can't believe "Ciao Bella" is only on the 2-CD physical release. It's excellent!

A bonus for the real fans!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 14, 2019 1:33 PM

This excellent remix of "Medellín" is on the Japanese CD release but you can buy it on iTunes.

Fantastic mix!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165June 14, 2019 1:54 PM

I'm Madame F

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166June 14, 2019 1:57 PM

This album is hot garbage. It will sink fast on the charts. No hit singles to be had. This old bitch is over. Better luck next album when your what....pushing 65??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 167June 14, 2019 2:00 PM

OP is “atoning” for bashing Madonna , and y’all thought janbot was crazy !!!

by Anonymousreply 168June 14, 2019 2:19 PM

The Medellin remixes are good, except for the voice processing which just seems like a huge misstep and not pleasant. Maluma's voice isn't processed so tinny.

by Anonymousreply 169June 14, 2019 2:26 PM

God Control and I Don’t Search I Find are exceptional. FUCKKNG AMAZING

by Anonymousreply 170June 14, 2019 2:31 PM

I hope she shells out a fortune on God Control remixes.

by Anonymousreply 171June 14, 2019 2:32 PM

MADAME X Deluxe is #1 on iTunes!

MADAME X standard is #10 on iTunes!

Way to go, Madame X!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172June 14, 2019 2:34 PM

Also I remember when Offer Nissim's mixes were unauthorised. I'm OLD!

by Anonymousreply 173June 14, 2019 2:34 PM

For "I Don't Search I Find" I hope there is a full-force HOUSE remix that's at least 10 minutes long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174June 14, 2019 2:38 PM

# 1 in 58 countries.........Madame ❌ celebrates.............🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀. Thank you to all my fans ❌ #madamex ♥️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175June 14, 2019 2:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 14, 2019 2:42 PM

She'd do better sticking to EDM mixes - though the kids don't give a shit about her, the music is made for that sound. She should PAY for Zed, Garrix, or Diplo, all fuckable and YOUNG.

by Anonymousreply 177June 14, 2019 2:43 PM

Batuka, Faz Gostoso, and Back That Up To The Beat are wild, I love them.

by Anonymousreply 178June 14, 2019 2:58 PM

I think this record is abysmal. There are maybe 3 songs that are okay. She's never been a great lyricist, but this album represents some of her all time worst.

Medellin kind of grew on me. It's cute for what it is.

Dark Ballet is truly a tragic WTF moment. It sounds like she's trying to be creative and deep, but the song comes off like a joke.

God Control could be a cool Daft Punk tribute with a little less autotune, and losing that horrible intro that sounds like she's trying to sing with a grill in her mouth.

Future is monotonous, boring, and was better on her last album when it was called Unapologetic Bitch.

Batuka could be interesting without the dumb autotune and better lyrics.

Killers Who Are Partying has perhaps the worst lyrics she's ever written. Maybe even worse than Superstar.

Crave is one of the better ones, but not enough to save the album.

Crazy could be nice if she had taken some time to write a decent chorus.

Come Alive has a nice sound but that stupid autotune! It sounds like show or album closer.

Extreme Occident actually feels like a chore to get through (the inadvertent theme of this album, perhaps?). Just shut up already! I can't take the droning on and on about....what exactly? IDK. I definitely don't care, though.

Faz Gostoso has a cool vibe. But it should have been part of an album that with more consistent Latin musical themes. Also ruined by autotune.

Bitch I'm Loca is a ridiculous title, but it could have fit on a proper Latin themed release.

I Don't Search I Find relies heavily on Vogue and Deeper and Deeper vibes, but there's no song underneath the nostalgia! What a gimmicky waste.

Looking For Mercy is awful. The chorus is a joke. It sounds like it's trying to be deep but comes off as trite.

I Rise is a somewhat strong pop song, but there's so much dreck to get through to get to it, it's just not worth it in the end.

IDK what's happened to this woman. I actually liked much of MDNA, which sounds like a masterpiece when you play it back to back with Madame X. You could even take 10-12 songs from Rebel Heart and have an album that's 10x better than this one. She really needs someone to tell her what's what.

by Anonymousreply 179June 14, 2019 2:59 PM

The amateur/fan-made remixes have been the better ones apart from from one or two official ones.

by Anonymousreply 180June 14, 2019 3:00 PM

Where is Janbot in all this exciting MADAME X revelry?

by Anonymousreply 181June 14, 2019 3:00 PM

R181 still laughing about madonnas ticket sales....or lack thereof

by Anonymousreply 182June 14, 2019 3:06 PM

Madonna seriously needs to stop with the politics, and get back to real music.

by Anonymousreply 183June 14, 2019 3:09 PM

Maluma needs to come out already.

So many of the top Latin artists today are gay/bi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184June 14, 2019 4:16 PM

The auto-tune is insane on the album!

by Anonymousreply 185June 14, 2019 6:09 PM

IS Matt Anscher Vadgebot?

by Anonymousreply 186June 14, 2019 6:12 PM

Dang, I was prepared to hate it but I really don't. I loved Medellin but Crave and Future as singles were lackluster. I'm listening to the whole album now and I'm up to God Control, and I gotta say that the music aspect of it is one of my favorite Madonna beats ever. The lyrics are just stupid though, and I agree with the poster up thread about the intro sounding weird.

by Anonymousreply 187June 14, 2019 6:25 PM

I have every Madonna cd and I will buy this one BUT it is absolutely her worst album ever! Why auto tune every fucking song? Worse are the dull stupid lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 188June 14, 2019 6:28 PM

Madonna now #2 on iTunes - the boss is winning

by Anonymousreply 189June 14, 2019 6:30 PM

She was #1 on ITunes earlier.

by Anonymousreply 190June 14, 2019 6:31 PM

She’s whack - shes bundling downloads with pride t shirts....using the gay community / pride month to sell albums

by Anonymousreply 191June 14, 2019 6:34 PM

Look, it will no doubt grow on me like almost all the others -- but first lesson is a let down and I speak as a major fan. Too much faux street cred shit. Why can't she just sing good pop? Or at least go lush and melodic with touches of street like Lana del Rey? So far it sounds like a whole CD of "Living for Love" or not even that strong. And I hate hip hop so much that I reach for the Forward button the moment they invade.

Ready for a mega box set with all the unreleased tracks, etc. instead.

by Anonymousreply 192June 14, 2019 6:43 PM

Happy Old Whore Day!

by Anonymousreply 193June 14, 2019 6:45 PM

Gaga's lyrics are especially on her pop albums, especially on Artpop. The only reason she doesn't get called out on it is because most of the time people don't even know what's she singing about.

by Anonymousreply 194June 14, 2019 6:49 PM

Gaga's lyrics are dumb ^^

by Anonymousreply 195June 14, 2019 6:49 PM

Maybe some kind engineer will release a less processed version. I feel it might be pleasant enough without the robot noise.

by Anonymousreply 196June 14, 2019 6:49 PM

"Back That Up to the Beat" and "Ciao Bella" are great songs too. "Funana" isn't bad either: lots of shoutouts to music legends (Prince Whitney Bowie) and friends like Aviici. All happy songs. They're replacing "Future" and some of the weaker tracks on my Madame X playlist.

by Anonymousreply 197June 14, 2019 6:50 PM

The Humans Are Dead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 14, 2019 6:52 PM

I dont hate it but after a while I just wnted to be over. I stopped being interested.

by Anonymousreply 199June 14, 2019 7:34 PM

I Don't Search I Find is my fave.

I think this album is dope, don't care what anyone else thinks.

by Anonymousreply 200June 14, 2019 7:36 PM

Tmr is Fathers Day, so Bruce has a slight advantage over Madge for now.

by Anonymousreply 201June 14, 2019 7:44 PM

My favorite Madonna song of the last decade is the Avicii version of Wash All Over Me. She released a completely different version on rebel heart that is a mid tempo Diplo snoozefest. Wish she had just thrown this on the new album as a tribute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 14, 2019 7:48 PM

I really couldn't get into any of the songs. It's just not my cup of tea. Nothing really sounded 'Madonna'. And I personally found a lot of the production to sound cheap, like it was made in her bathroom on a laptop. God Control with that cheesy, beyond basic disco sound...I just don't get it. I guess it doesn't really matter because none of these songs will go on to be hits. These Mirwais songs may be more palatable if these weren't the other pandering ones with rappers and whatnot. She should really pick a lane.

by Anonymousreply 203June 14, 2019 7:57 PM

Very experimental album.

She definitely didn't play it safe this go around.

by Anonymousreply 204June 14, 2019 8:04 PM

Actually, I don’t hate all of the singles. I like Medellín. Listening to the full album now.

by Anonymousreply 205June 14, 2019 8:04 PM

Gotta say I'm very disappointed. Even Madonna's weakest efforts like Hard Candy had one or two tracks that could stick around, but this one is just using production tricks and borrowed beats to come up with something new and missing the mark entirely. And I'm not one to think she has to 'stay in her lane', whatever that is. But she shouldn't drive into the ditch either.

by Anonymousreply 206June 14, 2019 8:08 PM

Neil Tennet of Pet Shop Boys said Madonna is a brilliant lyricist, one of the best in the world. She has written some brilliant lyrics and some cliche. She's said she isn't going to change a lyric if it works just to try to make it obtuse. She said sometimes simpler is better.

I've done my fair share of Madonna bashing. This was not written for the charts. None of the songs are radio friendly. It is not very easy to digest this album. She made a work of art here. I'm not even sure how I feel about it but it is impressive she went here. I am floored she delivered this. And that is a good thing. The reviews are very good and say the same thing- bold, bizarre, experimental, crazy, progressive and brilliant.

The autotune and vocoder is by design. It just works with the music. You can tell she delivers some really good vocals but surrounded by this music, a processed vocal works better though at times I feel it needed to be more restrained.

Damn, Madge, you shocked me in a good way. What other pop bitch would do anything like this? Ever?

by Anonymousreply 207June 14, 2019 8:22 PM

The haters try to diminish her by picking out some stupid lyric she wrote at some point or try to state she is not known for her lyrics as if it is just accepted fact. This woman wrote Like A Prayer, Live to Tell and other lyrics. Bitch knows how to write brilliantly.

by Anonymousreply 208June 14, 2019 8:28 PM

Casio keyboard

by Anonymousreply 209June 14, 2019 8:29 PM

People waiting for Madonna to write the next huge hit or whatever will be disappointed. The direction this album was going in was clear. It was not going to be palatable to the masses. We knew this a long time ago. She will probably never release a mainstream record again. She doesn't need anymore hits or #1 albums. She'll hit #1 in a shitload of countries, maybe not the USA but who cares? You cannot get more successful than Madonna. Let her be experimental. She's earned that even if the product is something you don't like. Clearly most critics are impressed, well, the ones who actually review the album and separate it from their hatred of the artist.

by Anonymousreply 210June 14, 2019 8:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211June 14, 2019 8:47 PM

'Atoning'?. You sound like a demented monk, whipping himself in his cell R158 , You clearly have a great devotion to this hasbeen, you are convinced she has improved life for gays, but in reality she has done nothing except promote herself, she is beyond shallow, any cause or voice she draws attention to is purely for her own advancement. She seeks out controversy as it is easy publicity, and that includes her famous support of gays. Madonna is a bandwagon jumper, she did nothing to improve gay men's lives, but they have helped her immeasurably, by giving her credit as a hero and by being among her last loyal supporters . She may have struck a chord with you back in the day, but her achievements are not as impressive as a fan like you would like us to believe, the way you've gone on here you'd think we were talking about a mixture of Mozart and Madame Curie. This album is not a masterpiece, it's loaded with the usual clunking lyrics and magpie music, the Madame X image she created ( Pirates of the Caribbean meets Mae West ) has not captured the imagination, the whole project has been met with scant interest. She started out as a bimbo with delusions, but such was her determination she inflicted her not very talented self on the world, unfortunately her creation was not likeable. She did well to spin it out as long as she did ( with the help of faithful servants like yourself ) but she has always had anti-charm. It's somewhat pathetic for adults to be 'fans' of things in the way teenagers are, but Madonna is dependent on her aging fans as she is not attracting any new ones.

by Anonymousreply 212June 14, 2019 8:49 PM

"I hate that most other Madame X reviews will point out Madonna’s age, but it’s worth mentioning she continually pushes her artistry even after reaching a level of unimaginable fame and power. No, Madonna doesn’t get a trophy for being 60-years old and releasing an album…she gets one for doing something only a handful of recording artists can: release boundary-pushing songs that invoke thought and feeling. Madame X is many things, but one thing she isn’t is satisfied."

That reviewer gets it.

'Crave' is the most radio friendly and it is her biggest hit on AC radio in 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 213June 14, 2019 8:50 PM

r212 Mother fucker! Calm down with that Moby Dick level screed. You clearly hate her so move on and let us review the fucking record you GOD DAMN freak.

by Anonymousreply 214June 14, 2019 8:51 PM

I'd love to see "Crazy" get a chance as a single. Picture a Peter Gabriel-style video with it.

by Anonymousreply 215June 14, 2019 9:22 PM

R212, I believe when you have done something negative against someone, that is wrong and you need to make up for it. I used the word "atoning" because that's what I've attempted to do after my unkind and pointless slams against Madonna in the last several weeks.

The last Madonna album I actually bought was GHV2 in 2001, and before that 'The Immaculate Collection.' Other than that, it's been CD-Singles or 12" Singles of the specific songs I've enjoyed. So, I'm not a Madonna stan and I'm not paid.

I was already regretting joining in on the DL dog piles against Madge here when a friend let he hear his advance copy of MADAME X - and I was floored! I really, truly enjoy it!

I had already decided to cease all jokes and slams against Madonna when I got to experience MADAME X. After that, I decided to spend a little time promoting how good the album is in hopes of maybe reversing some of the damage that my nasty remarks about Madonna had made.

I know that Madonna doesn't need the money or me defending her or me promoting her. I did it to atone for my previous negative actions towards her AS WELL AS to let others know that this is one fucking great album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 14, 2019 9:26 PM

r216 You are wasting your time with someone who hates her that much they flip out and pen a foaming at the mouth at a Bible level.

There are a few songs that could work on radio with a radio edit. Just a few. She went out there and it is refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 217June 14, 2019 9:29 PM

YAY Bruce is #1!

by Anonymousreply 218June 14, 2019 9:32 PM

Hollywood Reporter trashes Madame X

On “Killers Who Are Partying,” she hits perhaps a career low as she sings, “I’ll be Africa if Africa is shot down / I will be poor if the poor are humiliated / I’ll be a child if the children are exploited / I know what I am / and I know what I’m not / I’ll be Israel if they’re incarcerated / I'll be Native Indian if the Indian has been taken.” What is she trying to say, exactly? In what way is Israel "incarcerated"? How can she be “Native Indian” or “Africa”? Is Africa being “shot down”? The sense of confused self-importance and entitlement are hard to shake off on an album riddled with moments like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219June 14, 2019 9:35 PM

Madame X is #1 and #10 on iTunes.

Madame X is slaying Bruce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220June 14, 2019 9:35 PM

OP wears a cilice.

by Anonymousreply 221June 14, 2019 9:36 PM

Chicago Sun-Times

She used to thrill with endless new looks and an edge to her pop. Now she’s like that daffy aunt who shows up at the holiday party slightly high and offering to buy beer for the teenagers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222June 14, 2019 9:37 PM

Bruce is #1 on iTunes and Amazon. Madame Flop is ovah.

by Anonymousreply 223June 14, 2019 9:39 PM

[quote]People waiting for Madonna to write the next huge hit or whatever will be disappointed. The direction this album was going in was clear. It was not going to be palatable to the masses. We knew this a long time ago. She will probably never release a mainstream record again. She doesn't need anymore hits or #1 albums.

Uh, yes she does, hon. Without them she's washed up and won't be able to do anything else. She'll have to pay for every venture out of pocket. It's hard enough as it is for her. No one wants to invest in her crap.

by Anonymousreply 224June 14, 2019 9:41 PM

You can tell that Jonny Coleman from The Hollywood Reporter had already written his anti-MADAME X screed long before he was given the assignment. Long before he'd even heard "Medellín" for the first time.

He must be a DLer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225June 14, 2019 9:42 PM

It's a flop if it ends up #2? Her biggest selling album of all time didn't hit #1, The Immaculate Collection only hit #2. Poor Madge. 30 million copies sold. What will she ever do?

Forbes- Bizarre and Brilliant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226June 14, 2019 9:43 PM

or the album is just garbage r225, see also Chicago Sun Times.

by Anonymousreply 227June 14, 2019 9:43 PM

London Evening Standard- 4/5 stars. BOLD

by Anonymousreply 228June 14, 2019 9:44 PM

Bonkers but Brilliant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229June 14, 2019 9:45 PM

Boston Globe loves it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 14, 2019 9:46 PM

Moi have 10. Moi sooooooo sorry moi say Madonna connasse! Moi atone! These is so nice album! Ma grandmere and moi, on lurv Madonna!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231June 14, 2019 9:47 PM

Metacritic score down to 72 and plummeting, just like Madame X, out of the number 1 spot on itunes....it was a short stay.

by Anonymousreply 232June 14, 2019 9:47 PM

AllMusic 4/5 stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233June 14, 2019 9:47 PM

8/10- calls it excellent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234June 14, 2019 9:49 PM

Fans not interested in Madame X character according to Yahoo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235June 14, 2019 9:52 PM

By a critic, R234, who places Portugal on the Mediterranean Sea?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236June 14, 2019 9:53 PM

Madonna's masterpiece, no doubt!

Way to go, Madame X!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237June 14, 2019 9:53 PM

R231 , W&W.

by Anonymousreply 238June 14, 2019 9:53 PM

Another Madonna masterpiece. Bravo!

By the looks of this thread, you've got the haters in a tizzy. That speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 239June 14, 2019 9:55 PM

US Weekly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240June 14, 2019 9:56 PM

Madame X sure knows how to trigger her foes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241June 14, 2019 9:58 PM

From Us Weekly:

[quote]Up next, “God Control” finds the lady of the hour sing-rapping, “People think that I’m insane / The only gun is in my brain / Each new birth, it gives me hope / That’s why I don’t smoke that dope.” After the initial “huh?”, it becomes clear as day that the disco-inflected, politically driven, six-and-a-half-minute tune is the real pièce de résistance here. It is Madonna’s most daring and epic effort since 2012’s “Gang Bang.”

GOD CONTROL is an EPIC!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242June 14, 2019 10:01 PM

[quote]It's a flop if it ends up #2? Her biggest selling album of all time didn't hit #1, The Immaculate Collection only hit #2.

In 2019, yes, that is a flop. You can sell 10 copies and get a #1. She's doing tour bundles yet again which would make this even more embarrassing. 1990 is not 2019, grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 243June 14, 2019 10:01 PM

OP is responsible for 150 replies in this thread. lmao.

by Anonymousreply 244June 14, 2019 10:02 PM

Madame X continues Madonna's trend to cheat the system...

Madonna’s “Madame X” is number 1 on iTunes and on Amazon’s digital music chart thanks to ticket bundling. Every fan who bought a ticket to Madonna’s live show this fall automatically got a download of “Madame X.” The RIAA counts these downloads as sales. Madonna’s pulled this trick before to get a number 1 chart debut for a new recording. Then in the second week, sales drop 80% or more.

This time things may get trickier. “Madame X” is a really bad album, worse than usual in Madonna’s post-career releases. There are no dance songs on “Madame X,” but there’s a lot of political mumbo jumbo. Madonna, like Michael Jackson as he got older, thinks she can save the world. So she sings Hallmark politics about the left and the right, out to please everyone and achieving nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245June 14, 2019 10:02 PM

The tour bundles count in next week's Billboard Album Chart, which is where MADAME X will vanquish Bruce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 14, 2019 10:03 PM

I don't even read the haters. Most are blocked.

r243 Oh thank you! I love to see how you took time out of your day to drag her. You're a special kind of angry, stupid and disgruntled moron. Suck it, bitch. Oh and please stop acting like you are young. You're probably the oldest dinosaur here you stupid cunt. Snicker. Come on, is that the best you have? She may get, GASP, a #2. Last I checked, none of the albums in the top 5 last week sold anywhere as low as "`10 copies" but you do you Bless your heart. You poor thing. Triggered to death over a supposed has been. If she is such a has been, would you bother. HELL NO you wouldn't. teeeheeee. I drink your fucking tears, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 247June 14, 2019 10:06 PM

Is Madame X the biggest turd of 2019?

by Anonymousreply 248June 14, 2019 10:07 PM

My understanding is also that she has 2 albums on the chart, not just one. The deluxe and regular versions are charting. If combined, she could be above Bruce like she was for 90% of the day. No matter, we don't know how many rushed to buy it earlier.

The triggered haters will just say it was tour bundling if it hits #1. They have an excuse for everything. Oh and EVERYONE tour bundles, sweets.

by Anonymousreply 249June 14, 2019 10:08 PM

"...and the playful “Bitch I’m Loca,” another Maluma collaboration, is a strong contender for the song of the summer. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 14, 2019 10:09 PM

"Mirwais, you little shit, I said Malawi beats. David says that shit is Zambian! I've been to this rodeo before, hun! Don't fuck with me!"

by Anonymousreply 251June 14, 2019 10:12 PM

The middle part of 'Dark Ballet' is fucking nuts and needs to be listened to without the video which really hurts the songs momentum.

by Anonymousreply 252June 14, 2019 10:12 PM

BILLBOARD counts in the tour bundle sales.

iTunes and Amazon charts are sale ON iTunes and ON Amazon.

iTunes and Amazon do not factor in sales outside of their own.

Not only can't Roger Friedman write a coherent screed/"article", he doesn't even know how iTunes and Amazon charts work.

With the thousands of concert ticket sales bundles already, Madame X will most likely be #1 when the Billboard Album Chart is released next week. And Billboard has already said that her bundling will count.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253June 14, 2019 10:14 PM

OP has contributed 90% of this thread. The concert dates must not be selling that well.

Say what you want about Janbot, but he has never been this desperate. One hopes this is just a fan, and not that someone was legitimately paid to do this.

by Anonymousreply 254June 14, 2019 10:17 PM

doesn't that make it worse r254?

by Anonymousreply 255June 14, 2019 10:19 PM

Roger Friedman posts here and is amongst Madonna's most batshit crazy haters. He was fucking fired from Fox if that tells you anything about his ethics. They were too awful even for them! Author Fogel read the NY Post to filth for their lies about her tour. I loved when he said, "Would I keep adding dates if they weren't selling? I've never done that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Roger is among the 2 posters posting all the Madonna foaming hate. I once blocked a Madonna hater on some thread and all but 4 anti-Madonna posts disappeared. Then I blocked the another and the 4 remaining anti-Madonna posts vanished.

by Anonymousreply 256June 14, 2019 10:19 PM

Why isn't Janbot spamming this thread with Janet eating popcorn gifs and the like?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257June 14, 2019 10:20 PM

Janbot can't stand to look at all the great reviews. She's waiting (God just typing this depresses me) for the album to ONLY hit #2. Yes, we have adults who will gloat (why?) if this album only hits #2. Adults! Like, when Madonna has a doc or movie made, this will even be given mention? It is all surreal. I don't get stan wars but then again, I am not a mental basket case, damaged beyond repair.

There is zero doubt these Madonna haters have attempted suicide many times. I hope not but they are weak.

by Anonymousreply 258June 14, 2019 10:24 PM

It's a very interesting album.

Gotta laugh at all the Randy Jackson wannabe queens criticizing it because " the songs don't have a hook".

by Anonymousreply 259June 14, 2019 10:25 PM

[quote]There is zero doubt these Madonna haters have attempted suicide many times. I hope not but they are weak.

You're a sick fuck. Get professional help.

by Anonymousreply 260June 14, 2019 10:26 PM

I'm not anti-Janet at all. I just happen to really love MADAME X!

I just expected Laughing Janet gifs and Giggling Janet gifs and that composite pic of ALL OF THE THOUSANDS of artists who have copied Janet's ICONIC 1993 cupped-tits Rolling Stone cover! LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261June 14, 2019 10:27 PM

I LURV MADONNA AND I LOVE MADAME X ANOTHER MADONNA MASTERPIECE SHE IS THE GREATEST STAR EVER AND YOU KNOW IT I LURV MADONNA AND I LOVE MADAME X ANOTHER MADONNA MASTERPIECE SHE IS THE GREATEST STAR EVER AND YOU KNOW IT I LURV MADONNA AND I LOVE MADAME X ANOTHER MADONNA MASTERPIECE SHE IS THE GREATEST STAR EVER AND YOU KNOW IT I LURV MADONNA AND I LOVE MADAME X ANOTHER MADONNA MASTERPIECE SHE IS THE GREATEST STAR EVER AND YOU KNOW IT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262June 14, 2019 10:29 PM

r260 You get help. I swear, all the haters have are lies and CLING to any bad news with such desperation the ONLY conclusion is badly damaged, mental basket cases. Stay away from pills, nooses, guns. I worry about the haters. They are not right in the head.

by Anonymousreply 263June 14, 2019 10:30 PM

Portrait of A Lady...............Madame ❌. Album drops June 14th 🚀🚀🚀🚀#madamex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 14, 2019 10:32 PM

[quote] For all the threads that bashed Madonna prior to her Madame X cd dropping today. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Madonna said that cd is about “supporting those who don’t have a voice.” That’s the gay community she’s speaking about directly.

So, let me get this straight. She says we don't have a voice, and now you want to silence our opinions?

by Anonymousreply 265June 14, 2019 10:34 PM

"Neil Tennent of Pet Shop Boys said Madonna is a brilliant lyricist, one of the best in the world. "

God, think of how great a Pet Shop Boys produced album of Madonna would be. They'd bring her melody and refuse to make her sound processed on every track. Look what they did with Liza, Dusty, even Yoko.

As is, this sounds like the latest CD from Rosie the Robot on "The Jetsons".

by Anonymousreply 266June 14, 2019 10:36 PM

"She's not Madame X; she's Brand X" -- Pauline Kael

by Anonymousreply 267June 14, 2019 10:37 PM

[quote]So, let me get this straight. She says we don't have a voice, and now you want to silence our opinions?

Those aren't your real opinions, just some you've adopted because you are angry at your sad place in life.

Madame X is here to lift you up! To help free you from the shackles of your self-hatred!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 14, 2019 10:37 PM

r266 Not really. I thought it was going to be worse vocal effects but there are on some songs, but on others not so much. But it works.

by Anonymousreply 269June 14, 2019 10:38 PM

I completely agree with R179's summation.

by Anonymousreply 270June 14, 2019 10:39 PM

Did not expect to love it but I do. While very experimental and will not be everyones cup of tea for sure, it landed with me. I was worried about how the reviews, while great, called it bizarre yet bold. I took that to mean something negative. For sure this will divide people and that is ok. I'm just glad I loved it. No filler for me just songs I see merit in but just didn't move me like the others. It's a trip.

by Anonymousreply 271June 14, 2019 10:44 PM

Yes, I just cried a little watching this cute gay react to "GOD CONTROL" for the first time:

[quote]So I finally got to listen to God Control from #MadameX and all I have to say it a) @Madonna you are my absolute queen and I love so you much and b) sorry to my downstairs neighbours sksksk

WATCH THIS!!! See if you don't well up a little!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272June 14, 2019 10:45 PM

My fave is the "finally enough love" one!

I was driving through Miami earlier and it sounded seriously cool.

by Anonymousreply 273June 14, 2019 10:58 PM

I don't know what my favorite is yet since I don't know all the names yet. There are parts of songs I just am gobsmacked by either lyrically or sonically.

by Anonymousreply 274June 14, 2019 11:06 PM

"Everybody knows the damn truth!"

GOD CONTROL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275June 14, 2019 11:07 PM

R219 That's far better than

Russia, UK, Paris, I'm Italian, Asian, Kompai Africa, India, I'm A gypsy, a gypsy, a gypsy I'm Latin American, I don't speak German but I try Someday in Jakarta, I'm American, I'm gypsy I Bangkok, Australia, Malaysia Sweden, Finland, Norway Be my home just for the day I'm a gypsy, gypsy, gypsy hey

by Anonymousreply 276June 14, 2019 11:11 PM

Who is this album for? It feels like another piece of Madonna’s journey of cultural appropriation, tailored to satisfy her own fleeting interests above all. At 15 songs, and nearing an hour running time, it’s exhausting. Madonna’s voice has never been her strong suit, and here the vocals are drenched in Auto-Tune and other effects so that it barely registers as Madonna for most of the album.

Madame X is so brazen and confident that you almost have to admire it. Almost. If only it weren’t also so grueling, shaggy and oversaturated with cringe. But what does a new album for Madonna really need to accomplish besides providing the pretext for a tour and other branding contracts? She was a pioneer of the 360 deal, after all.

Why can’t Madonna get back together with Jellybean and record a freestyle album? Is that too much to ask?

by Anonymousreply 277June 14, 2019 11:40 PM

MADAME X on Spotify:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278June 14, 2019 11:52 PM

Madonna is an artist who has always had to fight, and on her new album #MadameX, she proves she's not done yet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279June 15, 2019 12:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280June 15, 2019 12:22 AM

No one gives a shit. This crap is DOA.

by Anonymousreply 281June 15, 2019 12:25 AM

Ouch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282June 15, 2019 12:40 AM

Reviews have been stellar. Very surprised for such an experimental album. I liked it a lot.

by Anonymousreply 283June 15, 2019 1:11 AM

Celebrate along with Madame X!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284June 15, 2019 1:16 AM

These days Madonna is wearing an eyepatch for dubious reasons. But it's her ears that seem to have failed her.

The shape-shifting Queen of Pop has missed badly with "Madame X," a needy, trying-too-hard mess of an album that sounds like Madonna threw up on Madonna. Even she admits: "It's a weird kind of energy."

She used to thrill with endless new looks and an edge to her pop, but that was decades ago. Now she's like that daffy aunt who shows up at the holiday party inappropriately dressed, slightly high and offering to buy beer for the teenagers.

The 13-track "Madame X," Madge's first LP since the underappreciated 2015's "Rebel Heart," sees her predictably collaborate with the hot young things of pop — Quavo, Swae Lee, Maluma, Anitta — with results that are fine, but boring. It seems more like a checklist than the spark of partnership.

by Anonymousreply 285June 15, 2019 1:20 AM

I've bitched about her forever and she'll never be one of my favorites, but I have to give her her props for this album. I listened to the whole thing in my car on my commute home and I've never heard anything like it. It sounds trite to say but it really is daring for a pop star of her caliber; plus, it's sonically cohesive and hella complex. I've just checked out the reviews and it's clear that most of the negative ones are hit pieces from people with an agenda. I think it's hands down the best album of the year so far. I'd rather listen to it that anything Arianna Grande has put out.

by Anonymousreply 286June 15, 2019 1:24 AM

To quote her in Truth or Dare: "Definitely one of the all time worst."

by Anonymousreply 287June 15, 2019 1:56 AM

you can autotune the fuck out of a turd.....but, it's still a turd

by Anonymousreply 288June 15, 2019 2:07 AM

Everything is auto tuned because of her severe pitch problems, which were on display in her Eurovision appearance. As a result, it’s not really her voice anymore, it’s more like Siri singing to you.

by Anonymousreply 289June 15, 2019 2:30 AM

Bitch I'm Loca is my favorite so far.

by Anonymousreply 290June 15, 2019 2:37 AM

It's indeed growing on me. You really do have to let it play through like album artists of olde. It flows nicely. Still too street hip for me in spots (in the most studied way possible, of course) but it is far from a disaster.

We're discussing it on another thread and it hit me: I wish she'd write and record songs that sound like "Mystery of Love" from CMBYN. Simple melodies. If I want to listen to Nicki Minaj, I'll...

by Anonymousreply 291June 15, 2019 2:41 AM

title sounds about right for ya r290 / OP

by Anonymousreply 292June 15, 2019 2:42 AM

R286 I couldn't agree more. This album is a trip and the flow of energy is really, really nice.

Come Alive should be on radio as-is and deserves some killer Celtic and eastern remixes. I Don't Search rocks my subwoofer.

by Anonymousreply 293June 15, 2019 2:53 AM

Bruce is back on top

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294June 15, 2019 3:43 AM

I literally cannot listen to it. It’s garbage.

by Anonymousreply 295June 15, 2019 4:00 AM

R291 Why weren't you praising Rebel Heart then? More than a quarter of the songs were exactly that.

by Anonymousreply 296June 15, 2019 4:32 AM

Metacritic grades pop music harshly unless your Beyonce. None of the top selling artists have very good scores. The most highly rated albums on Metacritic are stuff only hipsters listen to.

by Anonymousreply 297June 15, 2019 4:36 AM

At almost 61 years old NONE of these new Madonna songs will be getting any airplay that counts.

She might as well be a corpse rotting in the grave as far as her old haunt Top 40 goes.

by Anonymousreply 298June 15, 2019 5:38 AM

"Why weren't you praising Rebel Heart then?"

I quite liked "Rebel Heart" actually., especially the title track. A very underrated piece of work. A lot of those songs would've been considered genius if they came out during her more popular/less dogged years.

by Anonymousreply 299June 15, 2019 7:25 AM

This article talks about album bundling and how Billboard is under pressure to change its methodology

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300June 15, 2019 7:29 AM

I'm 34 and have been a huge Beyonce fan for as long as I can remember. I'm a black gay male and that probably has a lot to do with it. I'm big on Gaga but Madonna has never been my jam. She was way before my time and always came off as too desperate for me. I'm finishing my doctorate and a friend in the humanities department told me to listen to Madonna's new album and out of boredom I did. I just about lost my shit afterwards. In my opinion it's a really, really good album. The songs don't really work as stand alones but when taken as a whole the concept is impressive. I love Bey but she couldn't pull off an album like this. I don't think anyone could, not with the significance and gravitas that Madonna does. After I listened to the album I watched a YT video of Harry Smith interviewing her for Today and I was shocked by how intelligent and articulate she was. I still think Madonna is too needy and desperate but for the first time I understand why she's a legend.

by Anonymousreply 301June 15, 2019 8:40 AM

R301 That's a really nice post but I was surprised by your comment about Madonna being before your time. We're about the same age and I remember Madonna being ubiquitous during my teen years. She was constantly in the news and being talked about. Ray of Light came out when I was in high school and that was huge. Michael Jackson was the same way even though his superstardom ended around 95, he still was a huge part of my childhood.

by Anonymousreply 302June 15, 2019 9:33 AM

[quote]@Madonna's #Medellin feat. @Maluma up at #2 (+02) on The #USA @billboard Hot Dance Club Song!! 22/06/2019

So, "Medellín" is a hit!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303June 15, 2019 1:19 PM

[quote]Pass me my Champagne! Yas queen you tell them what to do! That's what they get for not letting the Queen of pop have the sofa to herself! BBC need to show respect love you Madonna ❤ Xx

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304June 15, 2019 1:55 PM

R303 -

The Dance Charts mean nothing unless you're a professional DJ or a drugged-out Club Queen.

by Anonymousreply 305June 15, 2019 2:02 PM

Such self-hatred oozing from you, R305.

Have a sip from Madame X's private stock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306June 15, 2019 2:16 PM

MADAME X is a HIT on Spotify!

[quote]@Madonna's #FazGostoso feat. @Anitta has the song most played yesterday on @Spotify WW with 892,193 streams #MadameX Total Daily Streams: 4,428,136 Total Streams: 34,527,593 On average that 295k streams per track

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307June 15, 2019 2:55 PM

I'm surprised at how much I like the album, I wouldn't classify it anywhere near her best, but I admire her for just saying "fuck it" and making an album like this, which is fairly crazy for an A list pop star.

There are some incredible rhythms on the album, and while a lot of the lyrics are fairly trite, the songs definitely move. I'm actually enjoying Medellín more in the context of the album.

So far I am finding that the less English lyrics in a song, the more I enjoy it, with Faz Gostoso being the one I am enjoying most so far, though I also like Bitch I'm Loca quite a bit.

I don't care for Extreme Occident, and I think that God Control is a bit overblown, but I also like I Don't Search, I Find as a throwback to the 90s.

It doesn't feel like the top of the charts was really her goal with this album, especially when you look at the wacky attempt at artiness in the middle of Dark Ballet - and I would agree with the poster above who said that the song is better without the video. I don't think she was entirely successful in her electro-nutcracker art rock experiment, but I do find something endearing in the way she says "can't you hear outside of your supreme hoodie, the wind that's beginning to howl?" Overall that spoken interlude is fairly pretentious, but I find that particular sentence kind of cute, I think because of the over-emphasis on the H in hoodie - which I am assuming is referring to the Klan. Working in The Nutcracker didn't really work out for her as well as it would for someone like Kate Bush, but they are very different artists, and I have to give it to her for trying.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen more bitching about cultural appropriation, outside of the Hollywood Reporter hit piece (The writer made no attempt to hide his disdain for her, or to review the album in any sort of musical context.)

While I don't think the album is her best, I do enjoy seeing her going in a new direction, and I think there is some great music on the album.

by Anonymousreply 308June 15, 2019 3:19 PM

[quote]Metacritic grades pop music harshly unless your Beyonce. None of the top selling artists have very good scores. The most highly rated albums on Metacritic are stuff only hipsters listen to.

That's not true at all.

by Anonymousreply 309June 15, 2019 4:08 PM

it's a different, interesting album. I'm liking it and i hated her last few albums.

by Anonymousreply 310June 15, 2019 4:13 PM

Auto tuned Euro trash

by Anonymousreply 311June 15, 2019 4:41 PM

God, she looks so good here and this was only 2012. Time is strange indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312June 15, 2019 5:14 PM

Will she ever learn? The Madame X eyepatch concept is stupid and the music is really bad. Giant waste of money.

by Anonymousreply 313June 15, 2019 6:05 PM

It would be my guess that Madonna is not a very happy woman. From my own experience, having gone through persona changes like that, that kind of clawing need to be the center of attention is not a pleasant place to be.- David Bowie

by Anonymousreply 314June 15, 2019 7:28 PM

madonna cannot catch a hit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315June 15, 2019 7:33 PM

For her next album will she be wearing two eyepatches?

by Anonymousreply 316June 15, 2019 7:49 PM

The eyepatch is to distract from her face? It’s sad.

by Anonymousreply 317June 15, 2019 8:12 PM

According to Hits Daily Double, Madame X is headed for a #1 debut, easily, outselling Bruce by double. Spare the bitching about the ticket bundling. It is totally fair and most artists do it. Read down for how unfair the industry really is.

Here is the thing, no matter who get it, I would be thrilled if either got it. Both deserve it. Both are legends.

i-tunes positions mean little as sales are so low. The industry is fucked. Streaming and Track Equivalent Sales are bullshit. Those count as sales (using a metric) when no sale was made. Artists don't make money and have to tour but unless you are very popular, you don't make as much there either and the public is getting worn out with it.

by Anonymousreply 318June 15, 2019 8:31 PM

This is my 1st listen through. I'm up to track #7. The only song I would even consider listening to a 2nd time is "God Control". Hope it gets better because so far it sucks in a major way.

by Anonymousreply 319June 15, 2019 8:35 PM

She’s still dead behind the one eye.

by Anonymousreply 320June 15, 2019 9:09 PM

And you thought this was the lowest point of my career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321June 16, 2019 1:56 AM

I appreciate r301's post.

I've been a longtime Madonna fan but even I forgot that she can be articulate and intelligent. I think social media has really changed people's perception of her. She comes across as desperate, thirsty and even some of her spelling and grammar are atrocious. But put her in an interview setting with good questions, and she is quite thoughtful and intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 322June 16, 2019 2:07 AM

Uh, maybe sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 323June 16, 2019 4:19 AM

Don't forget to check out ciao bella on youtube -- is stunning. It's only available on some special edition

by Anonymousreply 324June 16, 2019 4:28 AM

HDD is predicting an easy debut at #1 for Madame X. The detractors will point out the decline week 2 even as they always say what matters is getting a #1. IOW, they always talk out of both sides of their mouths.

by Anonymousreply 325June 16, 2019 6:01 AM

Should drop off as soon as people listen to it.

by Anonymousreply 326June 16, 2019 6:08 AM

I love I Don’t Search I Find. It's vintage Madonna, yet sounding fresh. A great track.

by Anonymousreply 327June 16, 2019 6:16 AM

Her haters cling to any bad news about her which reveals how weak and mentally challenged they are. They genuinely get their thrills with any kind of negative news about her. If she does hit #1, I fear for suicide rates skyrocketing. That is who whack these people are. As someone said, she doesn't attract weak fans.

by Anonymousreply 328June 16, 2019 6:39 AM

Rebel Heart debuted at #2 so just missed the one spot but still has not been certified Gold in the US

by Anonymousreply 329June 16, 2019 12:08 PM

Why is the shill/troll STILL posting even though it said it was going to stop???

by Anonymousreply 330June 16, 2019 2:13 PM

Madame X shells out good money for shills.

by Anonymousreply 331June 16, 2019 3:05 PM

"For her next album will she be wearing two eyepatches?"

No, but we will...

by Anonymousreply 332June 16, 2019 3:29 PM

Madame Excrement

by Anonymousreply 333June 16, 2019 5:16 PM

I drink the haters tears. Madame X going for that #1 according to all sources.

by Anonymousreply 334June 16, 2019 6:46 PM

But smells like a #2

by Anonymousreply 335June 16, 2019 8:11 PM

R334, Only because she gave it away with her tickets and her fans are so old they didn't realize and bought it again.

by Anonymousreply 336June 16, 2019 10:24 PM

r336 Suuuure, so IOW she does like more than half the industry. Old fans? Here is a hint dear triggered dinosaur (I bet you're over 60)- a sale from a 60 year old counts just as much as a sale from a 15 year old. I know, right? Crazy!

by Anonymousreply 337June 16, 2019 10:41 PM

Jabba is clearly seething. And PRESSED.

by Anonymousreply 338June 16, 2019 10:44 PM

R335 W/W

by Anonymousreply 339June 16, 2019 10:52 PM

It is sad when you see old men imply that if "the young" don't like something it somehow has less value. This is a common "put down" in stan wars. If a diva isn't down the the kids (and NONE of your faves are unless they are 25ish and younger and even 25 is seen as old to teens) they are lesser.

r339 Desperation is feeling the need to let us know you W/W someone. Really?

by Anonymousreply 340June 16, 2019 10:54 PM

r337, Springsteen doesn't need to bundle his albums with ticket sales. Must be sad for her and her fans that her music can't stand on its own.

by Anonymousreply 341June 16, 2019 10:54 PM

Desperation is having 200 posts in this thread R340; stop trying to make Madame X happen, no one cares

by Anonymousreply 342June 16, 2019 10:56 PM

BUT, BUT thought the tour was flopping so how would that help the sales?

Her worldwide number will probably be double or triple those of Bruce's.

by Anonymousreply 343June 16, 2019 11:00 PM

r341 and r342 is desperate to frantically post in a Madame X thread when they hate Madonna. What weak minded psychos. And the haters only number about 3.

R343 You can't reason with them. If she was #1, it is because of tour bundling (of a supposed flopping tour) just like everyone in the industry does. If she is #2, then it is a huge flop and cannot be redeemed even if it wins Album of the Year at the Grammys. They have ALL the excuses lined up.

by Anonymousreply 344June 16, 2019 11:02 PM

the tour is flopping r343/r344 you are the same person.

Also, the few tickets she did sell she bundled with downloads, she's already tanking down the itunes chart, can't wait to see week 2 "sales"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345June 16, 2019 11:05 PM

Billboard is doing away with the tour bundling next year because it has made a mockery of the charts. The posters who said that everyone does it are wrong. It's only the desperate artists who want to appear more successful than they really are, like Madonna, Pink, Jonas Brothers, Travis Scott, Katy Perry, Billie Eilish, etc.

by Anonymousreply 346June 16, 2019 11:14 PM

"Unlike the legendary Freddie Mercury, the Material Girl does not compose her own material. She also does not write her songs without collaboration, and it is also unknown if she writes her lyrics without assistance."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347June 16, 2019 11:15 PM

r345 Nope and she has 2 CD's on the charts, not just one.

Who cares about a massive 2nd week plunge. YOU ALL SAID only a #1 matters. Jonas Bros tour bundled as well.

You read TRIGGERED and you have posted 76 times in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 348June 16, 2019 11:15 PM

r347 Bwhahahahahahaahaha you DO know Freddie and his band COLLABORATED with each other and THEY frequently rewrote a lot of his WORDS. Why the lies? Why the quoting from some DUBIOUS rag? TF you are mental basket cases. Fruit loops.

by Anonymousreply 349June 16, 2019 11:18 PM

well now you are just making things up r348

by Anonymousreply 350June 16, 2019 11:19 PM

r350 77 now

by Anonymousreply 351June 16, 2019 11:20 PM

R349, why are you so far up Madonna's snatch?

by Anonymousreply 352June 16, 2019 11:22 PM

r352 Why are you so fucking triggered you freak? You're fucking psychotic nutcase who probably stalks your ex's (take that back you likely don't have any), probably have mental breakdowns when your fave (only Gaga loons act like you) doesn't score hits and cries for weeks. That's YOU. You're mentally WEAK. You flip out and spread lies on the success of a singer? For what? Get some fucking mental health help you freak of nature. Holy FUCK you're crazy.

by Anonymousreply 353June 16, 2019 11:26 PM

Terrible album. I gave it a real try in the car this weekend. Easily her worst. It's nothing like any of her previous ones so you'll either hate it or love it. Most of her big fans now are ride or die though so them saying it's great is irrelevant. They'll 'love' anything. I guess she'll never make a proper pop album again now. She still has the best 25 year record ever and no one will touch that.

by Anonymousreply 354June 16, 2019 11:26 PM

r353 re-read your post and re-evaluate who sounds triggered....

by Anonymousreply 355June 16, 2019 11:28 PM

Going ballistic is standard operating procedure for trolls, R355. Professional and amateur alike.

by Anonymousreply 356June 16, 2019 11:31 PM

Blocked the psychotic mentally weak fruit loop. Suddenly dozens and dozens of replies are gone. What a fucking FREAK! This would be r352 and about 80 others replies. Well, I stopped counting at that.

They can lie and cry and have a mental breakdown all they want. I guess the prediction it was going to be #1 sent it into a mental health tailspin. I bet it is waiting, hoping, praying, for a #2 debut. That will, seriously, give this or (these few) nuts happiness. That is how FUCKED UP these freaks are. Their mental health depends on how well MADONNA does.

by Anonymousreply 357June 16, 2019 11:32 PM

R357 "That is how FUCKED UP these freaks are. Their mental health depends on how well MADONNA does."

This from the poster who has 200+ posts on this thread trying to convince people to listen to Madonna's latest turd. Pot meet kettle.

by Anonymousreply 358June 16, 2019 11:35 PM

R358, It is pretty funny how they keep calling people triggered in post after post and blocking people left and right.

by Anonymousreply 359June 16, 2019 11:38 PM

it's not "they" r359, it's one crazed Madonna fan, it was verified on another thread that this looney tune switches browsers and changes the way it writes to try to look like multiple people. I think it starts some of these Madonna hate threads just to keep people talking about her.

by Anonymousreply 360June 16, 2019 11:41 PM

I was using the singular "they".

by Anonymousreply 361June 16, 2019 11:45 PM

Funny, can't see any post after r355 when I blocked ONE poster.

by Anonymousreply 362June 16, 2019 11:51 PM

R362 can't see R357, that's strange, because it WRITES the same WAY, i thought that THEY were the SAME poster.

by Anonymousreply 363June 17, 2019 12:23 AM

What is it with female singer stans? I can't see Bruce or any other rock singer, no matter the age, fretting over #1's and declaring the other over and a has been if they didn't get a #1. It seems particularly bad when "dissing". Very childish and I hope doesn't reflect a pathology amongst us homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 364June 17, 2019 12:45 AM

I listened to Madame X on fabulous headphones today. I say it's a mixed bag. The lyrics can be SO ridiculous it took me out of some songs. The voice processing makes a bit more sense when I heard the entire production this luxurious, intimate way. The album is pretty weird. It reminded me suddenly of B-52s unexpected step into polyrhythms with Mesopotamia, decades ago. Madonna definitely tried to make a global sound but it's hit and miss. I agree with the review that says it's not BAD, for a 60 year old.

by Anonymousreply 365June 17, 2019 1:14 AM

Which song is your favorite R365?

by Anonymousreply 366June 17, 2019 1:47 AM

r366 LMFAOOOOOOOO for SURE! Had that fucker blocked because he's a troll. His last line is textbook TRY HARD!!!!! OF COURSE they are gonna try to go for the LYRICS. That's when they say she doesn't write them. They can't make up their minds. If she's praised-she doesn't write them. If she is panned- TOTALLY her. Demented is what they are. They HAVE to see this fail for their sanity or they will have a full on meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 367June 17, 2019 1:51 AM

Why do DL-ers lose their shit when they discuss Madonna? There hasn't been one normal thread about her, and there is always one active one going.

by Anonymousreply 368June 17, 2019 1:53 AM

I don't have a favourite. I just let it wash over me for a general impression. Killers Who Are Partying - she wanted to do Fado, but the lyrics, just ridiculous. I'm going to have to cut this album down by half and then wait for some good remixes and it will add up to something I can listen to several times over a few months. Madonna albums fade for me quickly - 6 months max. She's a weirdo but she was a good recording artist yet always had questionable taste. As she got more and more isolated, poor taste wins out too often.

by Anonymousreply 369June 17, 2019 1:55 AM

R367 seek treatment

by Anonymousreply 370June 17, 2019 2:01 AM

My partner is fourteen years older than I am, and I'm thirty-nine. I've kidded him about his Madonna infatuation since we met ten years ago. We drove from Philly to NYC last night and he made me listen to the entire Madam X album and I actually liked it. I agree with the posters who said that no one else could really do this kind of album and pull it off. BUT I will say that if Gaga did it she would immediately be touted as genius. Madonna comes off as cuntish and I think that turns alot of people off. God Control, I Don't Search I Find, and the song with Anitta sounded amazing on my partner's BMW 740i. I think it's a great album, one of the year's best so far.

by Anonymousreply 371June 17, 2019 2:21 AM

Mojo will give it an 8/10.

by Anonymousreply 372June 17, 2019 2:24 AM

Lol R371. I thought you were a 34year old huge Beyoncé fan working on your doctorate and your friend in the humanities department told you to listen to Madonna's new album R301 ? You should really switch browsers before posting or keep your stories straight.

by Anonymousreply 373June 17, 2019 2:35 AM

r371 No one has to worry about Gag being called a genius. Poor dear hasn't had a genuine hit, on her own, since 2011. Mind you, that was only 4 years into her career. If Beyonce would have been in that film, it would have been on par with the Bodyguard and Evita yet, no one really cared. Beyonce would have WON the damn acting Oscar. Bradley got more notice. Gag is so far behind her peers and she is not the spring chicken anymore if you see the amount of plastic that poor dear has filled her face with and all during her 30's? What a fright she'll look in ten years and she already is not a looker. Gag is the try hardiest try hard. Yet nothing sticks.

by Anonymousreply 374June 17, 2019 2:47 AM

Lady Caca was damned lucky to make a lifelong fortune in a few years with mediocre artistry but a lot of show biz hard work.

by Anonymousreply 375June 17, 2019 2:54 AM

R371 oh yeah, if Gaga or Beyoncé released this it would be given scores of 100, it's like they take 20 points off cuz it's Madonna

by Anonymousreply 376June 17, 2019 2:56 AM

Beyonce is a genius. Gaga is not. Madonna is also a genius.

by Anonymousreply 377June 17, 2019 3:05 AM

didn't madonna fail out of college.

by Anonymousreply 378June 17, 2019 3:26 AM

R378 Gee, maybe it was for the best? She was smart enough to earn a full scholarship, I believe

by Anonymousreply 379June 17, 2019 3:33 AM

I heard her music is being remade with s good singer. I don’t care how much people try and sell it, the auto tune is shit. She should just be a producer of new talent. Her act and hideous face are overrated and done.

by Anonymousreply 380June 17, 2019 4:07 AM

It looks like triggered mentally fragile nutcases are posting because they are all blocked.

by Anonymousreply 381June 17, 2019 6:03 AM

#1 in over 60 countries. She will have a #1 debut, it is predicted, in more countries than the record holder, herself.

by Anonymousreply 382June 17, 2019 6:17 AM

Another great review. 90/100 from a metacritic approved critic-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 17, 2019 6:32 AM

This gonna put Gaga in a tailspin!

by Anonymousreply 384June 17, 2019 8:43 AM

Hits Daily Double has Madame X at number 1 with ~ 100k equivalent units - congratulations Madge on some very underwhelming numbers. I am very interested to see next week. The Jonas brothers were number 1 last week with over triple the equivalent units of Madonna, and this week they are number 4. Will Madonna be able to stay even in the top 10 next week, or will it plummet like her last album without the assist from ticket bundles, t shirt bundles, pride bundles, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 385June 17, 2019 10:19 PM

i'm also listening to MDNA again and it's actually a great dance album. Not one filler, perfect for jogging and well...dancing.

by Anonymousreply 386June 17, 2019 10:24 PM

A bandit. A thief. A vixen. A savior.

A WINNER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387June 17, 2019 10:25 PM

She really looks good this era. I was worried there for awhile but her face, at times, look so Live to Tell.

by Anonymousreply 388June 17, 2019 10:27 PM

An Autotuner!!

by Anonymousreply 389June 17, 2019 10:27 PM

R382 aka Matt Cain in this video. "claims Madonna is still an icon"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390June 17, 2019 10:28 PM

[quote]This gonna put Gaga in a tailspin!

Whosesong "Shallow" is still hitting the top of charts whereas Madge is no where to be seen? lmfao

by Anonymousreply 391June 17, 2019 10:36 PM

Insane people think I am

Brain inside my only friend

Hope it gives me birth each new

That dope I don't smoke it's true

Everybody knows the damn truth!

Everybody knows the damn truth! (Wake up!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392June 17, 2019 10:39 PM

UpRoxx gave it a glowing review.

by Anonymousreply 393June 17, 2019 10:42 PM

Although it was mentioned here first a few weeks ago, several reviewers of MADAME X have said that "Dark Ballet" is the new "Bohemian Rhapsody" of the 2020s.

Do professional reviewers lurk here at the DL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394June 17, 2019 10:42 PM

Ciccone's brand spanking new album Madame X is already sliding down the itunes chart to number 3. Springsteen holds steady at #1, and Jonas Brothers take the #2 spot. Experts predict by morning that Madame X will have fallen out of the top 10, falling behind "A Star is Born" soundtrack, which is currently at #6.

by Anonymousreply 395June 17, 2019 10:46 PM

I'm seeing lots of blocked posts. The trolls are triggered.

by Anonymousreply 396June 17, 2019 10:47 PM

Holy Fuck! GOD CONTROL video looks FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

[quote]GOD CONTROL is coming............... ............Madame ❌ #wakeup #guncontrol #godcontrol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397June 17, 2019 10:56 PM

So now she's ripping off Michelle Pfeiffer. So original.

by Anonymousreply 398June 17, 2019 10:59 PM

"Guns should be banned." She didn't say that when they shot her stalker trying to break into her mansion in LA.

by Anonymousreply 399June 17, 2019 10:59 PM

Madonna in 2013: "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."

Madonna in 2019: "Guns should be banned."

Is there anything this whore won't say for attention?

by Anonymousreply 400June 17, 2019 11:00 PM

Madame X leads such an exciting life!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401June 17, 2019 11:02 PM

R396 blocking posters is so pussy.

it's true r400, she pretended to have a fling with KD lang in the 90s to sell records

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402June 17, 2019 11:03 PM

Oh shit her new video will feature a party at a disco that is interrupted by a shooter at the end. WHOAA. Good for her-she's going there.

by Anonymousreply 403June 17, 2019 11:04 PM

Crave debuts at no 40 on Billboard Adult Top 40 chart this week.

It's her first entry since Celebration in 2009.

She is almost into the top 40 on Hot AC

Crave at no 15 on Billboard Adult Contemporary chart this week- biggest hit on AC since 1998.

by Anonymousreply 404June 17, 2019 11:18 PM

I think the Jonas Bros will get #1 on Billboard due to streaming but they will have a huge 2nd week drop due to ticket bundles. Madame X could still eek out a #1.

Madame X predicted to hit #1 in 54 countries, at least, on official charts.

by Anonymousreply 405June 17, 2019 11:30 PM

From the sure-to-be controversial GOD CONTROL video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406June 17, 2019 11:51 PM

R405, Jonas Brothers' streaming numbers are weak. They only did well because of the ticket/ablum bundle they did. Without the bundle, they would have done around 150k the first week. Madonna should have no problem beating them this week.

by Anonymousreply 407June 17, 2019 11:56 PM

Ok, Madge, you got my heart in one of those bonus tracks. She says, "We need Whitney" among others in the trippy 'Funana'.

Thanks, Madge!

by Anonymousreply 408June 17, 2019 11:59 PM

Madame X accepts your thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409June 17, 2019 11:59 PM

Taylor ripping off Madonna:

[quote]So Taylor obviously knew about the hype for Madonna's God Control Drag queen video with RuPaul stars and jumped in there before! Shady Bitch! #GodControl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410June 18, 2019 12:09 AM

Taylor loves Madonna. She wants to be as dominant. All is fair.

by Anonymousreply 411June 18, 2019 12:13 AM

Taylor, like Gaga, is reductive, as Madame X would say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412June 18, 2019 12:17 AM

I'm embarrassed for you. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 413June 18, 2019 12:19 AM

Gaga is in Taylor's rear view mirror. Like 10 years ago. As are a hundred other pop bitches. There are dozens and dozens who actually get hits and sell SOLO albums.

Anyway, Whoa boy. God Control video is going to cause major waves and good!

by Anonymousreply 414June 18, 2019 12:27 AM

The uncensored "American Life" pushed too many buttons on the right evil people.

AMERICAN LIFE was really where Madame X got her start!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415June 18, 2019 12:31 AM

Taylor is way more talented than Madonna, she writes her own music, lyrics and can sing live. Madonna is just smoke and mirrors.

by Anonymousreply 416June 18, 2019 12:40 AM

Didn't Taylor come from a big career in country music? I know she likes Madge but seems she followed more in the steps of Shania Twain, Faith Hill and Olivia Newton-John

by Anonymousreply 417June 18, 2019 1:36 AM

Poor Madame eXlaX.

by Anonymousreply 418June 18, 2019 1:38 AM

r416, Taylor can sing live.....but she can't sing live and in tune.

On her new song, auto-tune is Taylor's best friend.

by Anonymousreply 419June 18, 2019 2:36 AM

she sounds decent here r419, just her and guitar.... compare that to madonna's last "live" performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420June 18, 2019 2:48 AM

Madame X in free fall already on iTunes. #4 while Bruce remains #1. Someone's getting fired, or, um, raped.

by Anonymousreply 421June 18, 2019 3:53 AM

Taylor for sure is more talented than Gaga. Taylor can actually write music and doesn't need Mark Ronson or RedOne for hits. Taylor can actually play instruments and not like an 8th grade talent show level like Gaga. And I like Taylor's voice more than Gaga try hard screeching. Well, I see why Taylor has left Gaga in the dust!

by Anonymousreply 422June 18, 2019 4:03 AM

[quote]Taylor for sure is more talented than Gaga. Taylor can actually write music and doesn't need Mark Ronson or RedOne for hits.

Nice try, Madge. Try looking at the production credit list of a Taylor Swift album sometime.

by Anonymousreply 423June 18, 2019 4:16 AM

Hit Ignore on r422 and then hit IGNORED and see all the batshit crazy crap this idiot has posted on this thread alone.

by Anonymousreply 424June 18, 2019 4:18 AM

I see lots of blocked posts. Yesterday, I counted over 80 posts from the same anti-Madonna loon. Looks like they are back at it. There are only about 2, 3 tops anti-Madonna loons posting here.

by Anonymousreply 425June 18, 2019 4:19 AM

395,398, 399, 400, 416, 418, 420, 421, 423, 424 ALL by the SAME anti-Madonna loon. And I just went back a bit.

by Anonymousreply 426June 18, 2019 4:22 AM

I haven't liked a Madonna album since Confessions on a Dance Floor and even that wasn't that great. Haven't even purchased the last couple of album releases.

But I really like Madame X. There are some excellent tracks on it. I'm quite surprised actually.

I don't like the stupid eye patch. Why? I get she's a character or something but yeah...

by Anonymousreply 427June 18, 2019 10:44 AM

R427, Couldn't help put "actually" in your post, huh?

Is that a compulsion? It's certainly a tell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428June 18, 2019 1:25 PM

This Pitchfork review by Rich Juzwiak is nothing but a hit piece. He's got articles everywhere staning Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson, and there's nothing wrong with that, but they're all full of lines like, "Unlike Madonna's ham-fisted 'LOOK AT ME' tactics. . . . "

Why on earth would they allow someone to write a review who is so obviously biased?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429June 18, 2019 2:26 PM

Wouldn't the word be "stanning"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430June 18, 2019 2:37 PM

My error, R430. I'm sure you're correct. I have to confess that the word "stan" in all its grammatical glory isn't one I frequently use.

by Anonymousreply 431June 18, 2019 2:44 PM

What an evil and clueless queen shredding MADAME X at the Pitchfork:

[quote]On “God Control,” Madonna’s mumble-rap intro begets a creepy children’s chorus, which begets ersatz disco whose strings are in perpetual flights of fancy, which begets Madonna affecting a cheesy I’m Breathless-era accent to rap about not smoking dope using the meter of De La Soul’s “Me, Myself & I.” Oh, and the song’s theme is roughly: “something…something…gun control.” This is supposed to be fun, but it’s exhausting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432June 18, 2019 2:48 PM

"eek out," r405? The word is "eke." You are welcome.

by Anonymousreply 433June 18, 2019 3:12 PM

Queen that speaks the truth and wants us all woke will have her next banned video since American Life. (Because USA is always about brushing everything under the rug.)

Iconic and forever a bad ass!! #MadameX #GodControl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434June 18, 2019 3:37 PM

R429 But her "LOOK AT ME" antics ARE ham-fisted these days, and some of those lyrics feel like blunt force trauma to one's intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 435June 18, 2019 4:04 PM

Who is there left in a position to ban a Madonna ("God Control") music video anymore? MTV? No one cares if they did. Now, If YouTube banned it, that would be a huge deal. It's just hugely unlikely they will. In this day and age, if people want to see Madonna's video, there is no stopping it.

by Anonymousreply 436June 18, 2019 5:46 PM

Ok, I've had the album for a few days now and I love it! It's startlingly original, it's like the old days when she was always just ahead of the trends. Come Alive, God Control and I Don't Search I Find are probably my 3 favorite. I Rise is fabulous, but not the album version, I've found multiple remixes that improve it. Crave also could use a remix. Crazy, Faz and Dark Ballad are also favorites. How about that weird-ass Clockwork Orange section in Dark Ballad? Madonna's imagination is really running wild on this. I'd be a fun album to listen to tripping. Oakland was recently the 3rd American city to legalize magic mushrooms. I wish they were already legal nationwide because it'd create a market for psychedelic music. Judging from Madame X, psychedelic music would be right up Madonna's alley.

by Anonymousreply 437June 18, 2019 6:37 PM

r437 I wasn't sure how I felt at first but I legit have grown to love it. That breakdown in Dark Ballet is one of my all time favorites. The video ruins the flow. The demented voice during the nutcracker part must be listened to with the brilliant lyrics because you can't make them out just listening.

She delivered something really special. Her mind is running wild. She wanted a record out of the mainstream and did it but some of the songs could be tweaked to make them more mainstream. She's a risk taker.

by Anonymousreply 438June 18, 2019 6:48 PM

Love the dramaticism of Looking For Mercy. She sings the hell out of it.

by Anonymousreply 439June 18, 2019 9:40 PM

R429 why is the pitchfork review a hit piece? There have been a number of bad reviews, and no one is buying the album (save your bundled number 1 for someone who cares).

by Anonymousreply 440June 18, 2019 9:55 PM

[quote]Her pop exists to exploit and sand off edges, packaging esotericism for the masses. It’s just that on Madame X, she is not merely dining out on other cultures; she’s whipping around drive-throughs.

[quote]Life is short; aren’t we all getting a little too old for this?

Ouch!

by Anonymousreply 441June 18, 2019 9:59 PM

i agree, that is pretty accurate r441

by Anonymousreply 442June 18, 2019 10:24 PM

[quote]Who is there left in a position to ban a Madonna ("God Control") music video anymore? MTV? No one cares if they did. Now, If YouTube banned it, that would be a huge deal. It's just hugely unlikely they will. In this day and age, if people want to see Madonna's video, there is no stopping it.

Youtube won't ban her. They don't ban shit. At most they'll ask for you to sign in thus confirming your age. They even left that deification music video up for months.

Do you really think Madonna cares about gun control? She was against gun control just a few years ago using that line "guns don't kill people. People kill people." She's incapable of caring about anyone but herself. She fakes emotion (which is what sociopaths do) and it comes across as hallow every time. When she put up pictures of dead gay youth because Lady Gaga did it it was unbelievably cringe-worthy. There was no context when Madonna did it. She just slaps her name on other people's shit. She even did this will her directorial debut bomb, "W.E." They don't call her the Trump of Pop for nothing. She's run out of ideas and is now just flipping through newspapers for topics to make songs about. She can't write nor sing for shit. Without her producers there'd be nothing.

by Anonymousreply 443June 18, 2019 10:26 PM

[quote]Life is short; aren’t we all getting a little too old for this?

This is how most people feel about Madonna. Her career would have been over had she not moved to London in the early 2000s and tapped into the European market. It extended her career by about 9 years. Now Europe doesn't even care about her. She's completely passe. It's like Jennifer Saunders trying to do Ab Fab now when Patsy and Edina's behavior is mainstream. The same goes with Madonna. Madonna's shock tactics are unbelievably tame by today's standards and boring. Madonna is presenting the same crap she always presented (taking her tits out, doing the whole sex thing, saying something dumb). She's 30+ years behind the times and now she's 61. Enough already. It'd be different if she had any actual talent. She's as worldly and wise as your average Instagram whore.

by Anonymousreply 444June 18, 2019 10:30 PM

it's her slowest tempo album and all but one or two songs suck. puke!

by Anonymousreply 445June 18, 2019 10:32 PM

I just love this so much! Especially Ground Control and Extreme Accident. Stunning.

by Anonymousreply 446June 18, 2019 10:35 PM

Don't forget Fuzz Gastoso. That's amazing to.

by Anonymousreply 447June 18, 2019 10:36 PM

I also love the song, "Houston" with Maluma!

by Anonymousreply 448June 18, 2019 11:05 PM

[quote]They don't call her the Trump of Pop for nothing.

They don't.

It is just you desperately trying to make that stick, sweetums.

by Anonymousreply 449June 18, 2019 11:16 PM

Gaga is the Trump of Pop, as everyone knows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450June 18, 2019 11:31 PM

So from what I gather, she plans on releasing a "God Control" music video, sometime soon, probably around World Pride in NYC, and it's going to evoke the Pulse massacre?

by Anonymousreply 451June 18, 2019 11:36 PM

Yes, she's posted clips of it on Twitter and Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452June 18, 2019 11:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453June 18, 2019 11:40 PM

r451 Why would anyone have an issue? Since Pulse, mass shootings happen routinely and nothing is done. It is strange how if this were an actual movie, no one would blink an eye. But since it is a music video, there will probably be a massive sale on fainting couches, pearls to clutch and smelling salts. Fake outrage and I'm exhausted with it.

by Anonymousreply 454June 18, 2019 11:42 PM

[quote]Madame ❌ wants you to feel her presence............... #stevenkleinstudio #madamex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455June 18, 2019 11:42 PM

Drink a toast to Madame X's success!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456June 19, 2019 12:04 AM

#USA chart preview @Madonna's '#MadameX' headed for #1 with 95K-105K units.

Source: @HITSDD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457June 19, 2019 12:22 AM

That's an old report r457.

by Anonymousreply 458June 19, 2019 12:26 AM

Bruce is #1 on iTunes, Madge #6 .... A Star is Born soundtrack #5.... bwahahahahaahahah!!!

by Anonymousreply 459June 19, 2019 12:27 AM

Gaga is still beating Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 460June 19, 2019 12:28 AM

We'll see!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461June 19, 2019 12:34 AM

One of her recent IG post was a 60 clip promoting God Control and it was actually quite entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 462June 19, 2019 12:38 AM

I streamed Madame X. I didn't care for it. There's some interesting musical bit here and there, but too much autotune on the vocals. She sounds robotic. One thing to deploy autotune here and there as an artistic choice but when used so relentlessly and every song, makes me think her voice is shot. And even if it's not shot, the album became monotonous for me to listen to.

On another matter: I went to Twitter and did searches for Madonna and Bruce Springsteen. There are a number of Madonna stan tweets obsessing about sales and chart position throughout the world and on various sales and streaming platforms. Bruce stans are not focused on such matters--what gets them riled up are bad reviews of the new Bruce album (which I liked). I'll just say that Bruce and Madonna have very different fan bases.

by Anonymousreply 463June 19, 2019 12:38 AM

Looks like they have upped their initial estimate. At first, it was 90-100k not they've added 5k to their estimate. It must be selling better than anticipated.

by Anonymousreply 464June 19, 2019 12:38 AM

R464, those numbers are still abysmal, Jonas brothers did three times that last week.

by Anonymousreply 465June 19, 2019 12:51 AM

Interesting how Madame X's detractors are so intimately involved in following her chart successes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466June 19, 2019 12:55 AM

Madame X can see into your souls, nonbelievers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467June 19, 2019 12:57 AM

[quote] I will say that if Gaga did it she would immediately be touted as genius.

If Gaga had done this, she would not have needed to use AutoTune.

by Anonymousreply 468June 19, 2019 12:59 AM

Her detractors follow the charts far more than her fans.

HDD- Madame X will debut at #1 on Billboard 200. Jonas Bros plummet from 350k to 21k. But that is normal for 2nd week now.

r468 I wish Gaga would use autotune because her honking voice is not attractive or emotive and looking at her lack of solo success, the vast majority are not moved by her voice AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 469June 19, 2019 1:01 AM

Gaga will always trail Madame X.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470June 19, 2019 1:06 AM

You mean, as opposed to Madonna's voice?

Oh, [italic]hon...[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 471June 19, 2019 1:06 AM

I must say that I'm still stunned that Janbot has not been on the attack against Madame X's incredibly positive reviews and sales success.

Where is Janbot? Where are those same old predictable gifs of Janet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472June 19, 2019 1:08 AM

r471, Yes, Hon (god do you have one foot in the grave already?). Hate to break it to ya but Gags, even with that movie, doesn't click with the general public. I'd take Madonna's voice over that try hard "looook at mmeeeeee I can siiiiiiiing seeeee loooookkkk" thing any day. Gaga is a non event solo.

by Anonymousreply 473June 19, 2019 1:11 AM

I have the Madonna haters blocked as they are the most weak, mentally challenged nut cases around. Just like their fave singer.

Last night, I blocked one hater, one, and over 90 replies vanished.

by Anonymousreply 474June 19, 2019 1:13 AM

Madame X will also free Gaga from her own self-imprisonment.

Trust in Madame X, Joanne!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475June 19, 2019 1:15 AM

Gaga is the voice of our generation.

by Anonymousreply 476June 19, 2019 1:16 AM

"Our"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477June 19, 2019 1:17 AM

Moving voice, or moving bowels?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478June 19, 2019 1:18 AM

r476 The charts and the music buying public say otherwise. But you do you.

Meanwhile, she isn't even top 15 among her own fucking peers as far as success. Reality, bites!

by Anonymousreply 479June 19, 2019 1:18 AM

r457 Congrats to Madonna on another #1 Album!

by Anonymousreply 480June 19, 2019 1:19 AM

Gaga the beaut. Get a load of the chunky mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481June 19, 2019 1:20 AM

Speaking of Gaga, the Trump of Pop: SHE is the one who has stolen from others.

Her ENTIRE look and act is stolen from Dale Bozzio of Missing Persons.

Glaring and blatant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482June 19, 2019 1:23 AM

All the gloating that Madame X would not hit #1. They said ONLY a #1 would count. Watch the narrative change. The haters are on suicide watch tonight.

I've told the story of an ex of mine who liked another female singer. I lightly criticized her and he went into full on meltdown, crying, snot, sobbing for more than an hour. I found out he is mentally weak, very fragile and so identified with her because she is weak. He saw an attack on her as an attack on him. I ended it right after. And he was in his 30's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 483June 19, 2019 1:35 AM

Who would be on suicide watch? So Madges' rabid fan base helped to push the old gal up to number one. Some of us have been patient over the years watching Madges' ego get the better of her. In the US which is still a highly desired music market to make it we can look at the trend in her record sales. Hard Candy went platinum. MDNA went gold. Rebel Heart did not sell enough copies to go gold. She will have a major tumble in sales next week when the more casual fans realize there are no hits to be had. So yes the Madge stans can relish this moment. I'll be relishing the next week of sales

by Anonymousreply 484June 19, 2019 1:47 AM

r484 Another block. Blah blah blah. Triggered hater. Probably needs a safe space.

by Anonymousreply 485June 19, 2019 1:51 AM

If you have to block someone I'd say it's yourself who needs their protective bubble

by Anonymousreply 486June 19, 2019 1:52 AM

R485 is a delicate flower

Ciccone's Madame X falls behind "A Star is Born" soundtrack released in October of 2018

by Anonymousreply 487June 19, 2019 2:56 AM

Mojo will publish their review on the 25th. 8 out of 10. Uproxx- 9 out of 10.

And Gaga is trash. She always goes overboard with everything. Cringe. Lets not talk about a non-entity. She is getting crushed on the charts. She's been around for a decade and has like 2 #1's? Yet Taylor, Rihanna, Katy, Adele, Nikki, and 20 others have way more just in the last 5 years. People talk about them organically, not with written PR puff pieces.

by Anonymousreply 488June 19, 2019 3:01 AM

Madonna here is sticking with the same gimmick that made her a mega-star: borrow cool stuff from others – voguing, Marlene Dietrich, Latin music, EDM — and adopt it as her own. But these aren’t good days for Madonna. We are hungry for authenticity and she’s hiding behind a bejewelled eye patch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489June 19, 2019 3:09 AM

ouch...

Today, Tuesday, a clearer picture of the numbers involved will emerge later in the day. For Bruce, it’s all good news. But for Madonna, it could be troubling since she’s going to hunker down and tour this album starting in September. If the songs on the album aren’t in much demand, Madonna should realize now that fans will want to hear her hits, not “1, 2, cha cha cha,” as she sings on “Medellin,” her senior citizen shuffle board song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490June 19, 2019 3:11 AM

Taylor is killing it with her new vid. She stumbled last time but it looks like she won't this time. She has almost achieved Madonna level status as far as where Madonna was at that time in her career. Can she catch Madonna? She has gotten a lot of Madonna's omnipresence but will she keep up? She does not have Madonna's diversity, yet, but I think she can change with the times.

by Anonymousreply 491June 19, 2019 3:13 AM

[quote]Interesting how Madame X's detractors are so intimately involved in following her chart successes.

They need to focus on the number of their viral loads.

by Anonymousreply 492June 19, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote][R464], those numbers are still abysmal, Jonas brothers did three times that last week.

The Jonas Brothers cheated and did a ticket/album bundle, which accounted for 90% of their numbers. That's why their album is plummeting in its 2nd week. Without the tour bundle, they only did slightly better than Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 493June 19, 2019 3:17 AM

r492 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL They're in free fall now that it is reported to be a number 1 debut. Tour bundle or not, they are not only legal but widely used.

by Anonymousreply 494June 19, 2019 3:18 AM

R491 Short term success doesn't matter if your music doesn't stand the test of time. How many hits of Taylor Swift will be remembered 10 years from now? Even Lady Gaga, who I'm a fan of, has music that won't age particularly well. Bad Romance is a terrible song lyrically. Poker Face is similarly obtuse. Telephone is lyrically shallow. And on and on. Artpop has some of the worst pop lyrics of all time with no flow whatsoever. Radio stations bleeped Kuntz from her Applause single because they knew no one would undertand the context. A Star is Born is actually her most mature work but her lyrics bring her work down. Madonna could be shallow but at least she kept it real.

by Anonymousreply 495June 19, 2019 3:19 AM

r495 Gaga is a non-entity.

That is the difference with Taylor and Madonna- Madonna has so many hits, she had to actually cut #1 songs from her Greatest Hits albums. Madonna can be very shallow or deep but she knows how to wrap a lyric to land just right. Neil Tennet of Pet Shop Boys, as well as her collaborators like Nile Rodgers, Patrick Leonard. Rick Knowles, have said Madonna is among the best songwriters. Rick Knowles sings her praises all the time and he has written some of the biggest hits for the biggest names. Patrick has written with legends like Leonard Cohen and said Madonna is right up there with the best. Tennet said she always knows how to land every syllable. And he said she is one of the best writers in the world.

by Anonymousreply 496June 19, 2019 3:25 AM

[QUOTE]HDD- Madame X will debut at #1 on Billboard 200. Jonas Bros plummet from 350k to 21k. But that is normal for 2nd week now.

When does the new Billboard 200 come out, R469? Good lord, it seems massively confusing. Wiki gives the below example:

Example: Friday January 1 – sales tracking week begins Thursday January 7 – sales tracking week ends Tuesday January 12 – new chart published, with issue date of Saturday January 16.

Since Madame X debuted on June 14 . . . wouldn't it have started tracking that day and be on the chart with the issue date of June 22? It's nowhere to be found though and neither is Bruce. The Jonas Brothers are number one on that chart.

by Anonymousreply 497June 19, 2019 4:03 AM

r497 The new chart will be out Friday.

by Anonymousreply 498June 19, 2019 7:54 AM

Madame X will be on the June 29th chart.

It's not that hard.

by Anonymousreply 499June 19, 2019 12:32 PM

[quote]Madame X will be #1 on the June 29th chart.

FTFY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500June 19, 2019 12:51 PM

I want more Medejean remixes.

by Anonymousreply 501June 19, 2019 1:25 PM

I want more Meluma!

by Anonymousreply 502June 19, 2019 1:37 PM

Well, it's official: Madame Flop bombs on the Japan charts debuting at #11, the lowest in decades for her.

The album is currently at #9 on iTunes, with A Star is Born at #7 and Bruce #1.

Poor Madame Flop. I guess it's time to lift something or hack something else off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503June 19, 2019 1:41 PM

I love Melanoma!

by Anonymousreply 504June 19, 2019 2:01 PM

Do you know how ridiculous and juvenile you sound, R503? Regardless of how the album performs on the US charts it still debuted at number one in sixty countries. The album is also a critical success, with some critics calling it Madonna's best work in fifteen years. For someone sixty-one years old to be putting out that kind of new material and getting that kind of reception is an indubitable success.

I don't understand the bizarre obsession some of you have with tearing Madonna down. If you don't like her then fine; however the venomous rancor that some of you have toward her is simply unhealthy.

by Anonymousreply 505June 19, 2019 2:14 PM

r505 They need to tear her down or else it all goes inward because they are fatally weak people. You're kind saying it is simply unhealthy.

The conventional wisdom from them was, no matter if she sold 2 million the first week, if she was #2, it was a flop. It was all over this thread. They repeated that non stop. Now that Madame X is predicted to debut #1, they've lost that narrative so they just create another one. They are the deplorables of pop fandom.

And what kills them is-Madonna has been ripped to shreds by everyone since the beginning. Yet, through it all, she succeeded. No other artist has been raked over the coals like her yet she went on to be the most successful female, besting most males, of all time critically, commercially, culturally. So many singers get their asses kissed nonstop with their PR firms writing puff pieces. She never went that route and I think it made her better. But none of these others would have survived it. Madonna survived because she is that good.

Drink in their tears. I've blocked them all. Why? Because they aren't saying anything I haven't heard over and over and over. It is boring and tiresome. They say it to bolster their fave and it never works. Grown ass men writing the shit like you mentioned. I hope I never again encounter them IRL like my ex. They are mentally unstable and a danger to others and themselves.

by Anonymousreply 506June 19, 2019 3:57 PM

R505 Let me guess these 60 countries are non-English speaking ones where the featured guests on the songs are popular. Where you getting your numbers anyway?

by Anonymousreply 507June 19, 2019 4:16 PM

[quote]Madame ❌. has a new remix for CRAVE.................by @DJTracyYoung. it’s fire! 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508June 19, 2019 4:22 PM

507 is another I need to ignore and about to block. She "featured" 60 different artists? That is why her album is so successful? Oh my sides. You poor pathetic cunt. This really has you in a tizzy.

Lemme get this straight- now it doesn't matter if she is going to have a US #1 debut? It only matters if those buying her album are 30 or younger? It only matters if she does well in ENGLISH speaking countries? It only matters if she doesn't have a huge 2nd week drop? It only matters if she goes GOLD? It only matters if she doesn't "feature" someone. (if so don't tell 99% of the current charts as everyone featured and duets but you don't care you only care about finding SOMETHING, ANYTHING, to take away from Madonna because that is all you basket cases care about)

You are not mentally well to be dwelling on this. Take your meds and get to a hospital. I'm worried about your state of mind.

by Anonymousreply 509June 19, 2019 4:25 PM

Fantastic remix by Tracy Young!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510June 19, 2019 4:34 PM

God Control is terrible. I hate the way she says “Life” in the first verse.

by Anonymousreply 511June 19, 2019 7:05 PM

GOD CONTROL is the surprise favorite on MADAME X across the board!

It's fun and dark and complex and exciting!

Everybody knows the damn truth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512June 19, 2019 7:10 PM

I really, really expected I would not like this. This feels like ROL all over again- she came out of left field and delivered a unique album. Though the vocal effects are on purpose (like Cher's 'Believe') they aren't enforce on every song. Crave, Crazy, Looking for Mercy, I Rise and a few others aren't heavy handed at all or use them on every line.

Though the most effective is on the demented, insane, wonderful breakdown in Dark Ballet. That batshit insane asylum like vocal is.....I can't stop listening esp the lyrics in that verse are flippin great!

by Anonymousreply 513June 19, 2019 7:24 PM

I ignored r422 as suggested. Oy, most of the thread disappeared. This freak posts so much - the situation where if blocked, the thread becomes twitchy from so many holes.

by Anonymousreply 514June 19, 2019 7:31 PM

Why so many replies empty? Haters blocked!

by Anonymousreply 515June 19, 2019 7:38 PM

The "grown-ass men" troll is the same one who wigged out in the RPDR threads. Has he called anyone "old white men" yet?

by Anonymousreply 516June 19, 2019 7:39 PM

More replies I can't see. Great! Triggered babies.

by Anonymousreply 517June 19, 2019 7:42 PM

Pretty sure it's the Vixen-lover from the RPDR threads. It's obsessive and a total freak, best ignored.

by Anonymousreply 518June 19, 2019 7:54 PM

[quote]Regardless of how the album performs on the US charts it still debuted at number one in sixty countries.

The album DID NOT debut at #1 in 60 countries. You're talking about iTunes which isn't an industry chart. It's a retail chart for one company in realtime. You might as well say she went to #1 in 60 Walmarts. It's only debuted on ONE official music chart so far: Japan, and it debuted at #11.

by Anonymousreply 519June 19, 2019 8:08 PM

lots of trolls talking to themselves or to itself.

by Anonymousreply 520June 19, 2019 8:10 PM

And lots of fangurls giggling behind their oxygen masks.

by Anonymousreply 521June 19, 2019 8:51 PM

R519 just dragged the vadge bot

someone upthread is insulting the Jonas brothers for bundling with concert tix, but that's exactly what Vadge did, except her tour is selling so poorly that her sales are 350k

by Anonymousreply 522June 19, 2019 10:07 PM

Ciccone's Madame x in a free fall down itunes, down to #12, Springsteen holds steady at #2

by Anonymousreply 523June 19, 2019 10:15 PM

I hate her voice and all the manipulation they use. It doesn't sound human or nice. Her original voice was much better and soulful.

by Anonymousreply 524June 19, 2019 10:22 PM

Apparently, when Madonna performs at NYC Side, she's doing new songs like "I Rise" and "Future". Plus, only TWO oldies, one of which is...

AMERICAN LIFE!!!!

Way to go, Madame X!!!!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525June 19, 2019 10:25 PM

NYC Pride - sorry.

by Anonymousreply 526June 19, 2019 10:25 PM

Madonna is playing Pride?! I thought that was reserved for the likes of Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, Lisa Lisa, and various runners up from RuPaul's drag race.

by Anonymousreply 527June 19, 2019 10:30 PM

no disrespect to Tiff, DG or LL ^^

by Anonymousreply 528June 19, 2019 10:31 PM

I can't read half these replies since I block just 2 anti-Madonna posters. Over 118 posts and I didn't go back to the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 529June 19, 2019 11:09 PM

This will sure slay the partying gay masses at pride:

I will be gay, if the gay are burned

I'll be Africa, if Africa is shut down

I will be poor, if the poor are humiliated

I'll be a child, if the children are exploited

I'll be Islam, if Islam is hated

I'll be Israel, if they're incarcerated

I'll be Native Indian, if the Indian has been taken

And I'll be a woman, if she's raped and her heart is breaking

by Anonymousreply 530June 19, 2019 11:16 PM

I 've been raped! My ❤ is breaking!I

by Anonymousreply 531June 19, 2019 11:43 PM

[quote]In spite of their flaws and lofty concepts, Rebel Heart and Madame X feel more grounded than their 21st-century predecessors because the animating idea is just Madonna being Madonna. They’re true to her history in the ease of the dance-floor scorchers and in the moments of overeager cultural safari and in the uncertainty about which incarnation of the singer is going to show up from one song to the next. The records in the back catalogue might be more slick and effortless, but you still keep coming around for more, because it’s fascinating to see how her mind and music work. At 60, Madonna still has a lot to say. It makes you wonder what all she’ll get into by 80.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532June 19, 2019 11:49 PM

Even when she pissed me off, I am glad she has been around. I wish I could have watched her rise. I bet it was breathtaking to see her ascend.

by Anonymousreply 533June 20, 2019 12:23 AM

You can't even imagine what 1985 was like!

The LIKE A VIRGIN album was racking up hit singles, then Madonna was a featured performer in a movie (Suddenly Seeking Susan), then a non-album single came out that blew EVERYONE away ("Into The Groove"), plus being in another movie with her first ballad hit ("Crazy For You"), the cover of TIME, and then her world-owning performance at Live Aid...

It was so much fun to watch Madonna rising!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534June 20, 2019 12:27 AM

r532, Who even remembers Madonna performed at Live Aid? the crowd looks half asleep in the clips during her performance

THIS is a world-owning Live Aid performance.. The Master....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535June 20, 2019 12:38 AM

"People of the world: NOW I KNOW YOU'RE MINE!"

And they were hers! The whole fucking world!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536June 20, 2019 12:43 AM

She confirmed she's doing "Vogue" at World Pride when she was on the Graham Norton show... God, I hope she doesn't go with "American Life"... it needs to be a more uplifting performance than that. Like, "Music," or "Everybody." And maybe if it has to be a new song, "I Don't Search" or "Bitch I'm Loca" or "Faz Gostoso". Is this really rocket science to her?

by Anonymousreply 537June 20, 2019 12:52 AM

Now that I blocked that one troll. this thread barely loads!

by Anonymousreply 538June 20, 2019 1:00 AM

r538 it's crazy, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 539June 20, 2019 1:09 AM

[quote]I'll be Israel, if they're incarcerated

Who's "they"? the whole country??

by Anonymousreply 540June 20, 2019 1:24 AM

i wonder if r538 blocked anyone?

by Anonymousreply 541June 20, 2019 1:27 AM

I've read about her Live Aid performance and I've read over and over how she and Freddie both could get the crowd going like no other. Her performances of Holiday and ITG at Live Aid were good.

I'm so jealous you got to see the rise of Madonna. From what I have seen, it looks insane. I've never had the luxury of seeing that kind of mania. My gen doesn't have a Beatles, Elvis, MJ or Madonna! And I was born in 85 the year she blew up!

by Anonymousreply 542June 20, 2019 1:37 AM

R542, you weren't there for her rise, but you are witness to her tremendous fall.

by Anonymousreply 543June 20, 2019 1:46 AM

R542, Michael Jackson was a child rapist. I can’t listnen to his music without thinking of a tearful Wade Robson recalling how MJ forced 7 year old Wade to suck his dick!

by Anonymousreply 544June 20, 2019 1:49 AM

I like Madonna, but there is someone on here who is SO very pro-Madonna I had to block. I'm not sure if it's the person everyone else is mentioning. In their own posts they talk about blocking multiple triggered trolls. I'm thinking they're confused... this thread is much calmer since I muted them.

by Anonymousreply 545June 20, 2019 2:01 AM

r545 yeah they're the freak poster from the RPDR threads. They are pissed they're getting blocked which is why they keep posting about how THEY JUST CAN'T SEE ANOTHER POST!

by Anonymousreply 546June 20, 2019 2:06 AM

yes, the all CAPS gives it away R546

by Anonymousreply 547June 20, 2019 2:26 AM

I just wish we were able to witness about phenom like Madonna. She was the last of that. I've never experienced the hysteria, mania, of someone and I know it doesn't come along often. The 80's saw a lot of action with that. I'm just jealous because I hear so many talk about her rise to fame and how crazy it was. Will we ever see that again? I don't think so. Last of the megastars!

by Anonymousreply 548June 20, 2019 4:34 AM

The first eight years of Madonna's career were really exciting, specifically '83 to '91. From Holiday to Truth or Dare, it was just non-stop fun and the number of great songs and videos she released was staggering.

The change in look from '85 to '86 was drastic yet somehow natural and you knew True Blue was going to be a huge seller. I never doubted that Madonna was going to be a huge star and an enduring star. You just knew she was in it for the long haul.

Although I love Erotica, it was '92 when attitudes towards her really started to change and it wasn't as much fun, although her '90s work is stellar.

by Anonymousreply 549June 20, 2019 4:42 AM

Interesting that R535 posted a pic of Mercury since they both share a case of Kaposi's.

by Anonymousreply 550June 20, 2019 5:32 AM

God Control maybe my favorite song of hers, period. It's so fucking bizarre and off the wall that it works. It does more than that - it blazes.

The rest is ok. I think I need to give it another listen before paying more judgment. I just keep getting stuck on God Control.

Crave would hit number 1 were it sung by Tay. Y'all know it's true. I thought the same thing about Girl Gone Wild. Incredibly radio friendly, underappreciated.

by Anonymousreply 551June 20, 2019 6:22 AM

Got my ticket for The Met in December!

by Anonymousreply 552June 20, 2019 7:48 AM

Will they be busing in the rest of the oldsters in your home, R552?

by Anonymousreply 553June 20, 2019 8:38 AM

R553, you could come along too but the others think your Kaposi's sarcoma lesions may be contagious.

by Anonymousreply 554June 20, 2019 11:48 AM

All bound for Mu Mu land

by Anonymousreply 555June 20, 2019 12:56 PM

Loving Fez Gassosso. We need a video.

by Anonymousreply 556June 20, 2019 5:26 PM

R536. The energy from the audience just wasn’t there.

She hit a tambourine the whole song? Geez that’s bad. She epitomizes white mediocrity for me. The fact that this woman got so famous without being able to sing or dance is an example of white privilege.

Freddie’s legacy outshines Madonnas and he’s been dead for 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 557June 20, 2019 5:32 PM

[quote] You might as well say she went to #1 in 60 Walmarts.

My new album went #1 at the Dollar Store in Mariposa, CA.

Solid Gold, hussy!

by Anonymousreply 558June 20, 2019 5:39 PM

I wish Madame X was performing on Fallon tonight. She's just being interviewed.

by Anonymousreply 559June 20, 2019 10:13 PM

We've heard her sing live, R559. Madame X-lax is doing us all a favor. Then again, maybe her autotuner is in the shop.

by Anonymousreply 560June 20, 2019 10:19 PM

Madame X sees you, R560.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561June 20, 2019 10:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562June 20, 2019 10:40 PM

LOL that Eurovision act was totally painful. Turned off the entirety of Europe.

by Anonymousreply 563June 20, 2019 10:44 PM

Europe is happily buying up copies of MADAME X, making it #1 in dozens of countries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564June 20, 2019 10:50 PM

That list reminds me of when George W. Bush talked about the BIG COALITION he had built to attack Iraq, which included, primarily, Yugoslavia.

by Anonymousreply 565June 20, 2019 11:01 PM

It's funny. She's turned out a pretty great album. It's not mature, because that's a bit too much to ask of Madonna - but it's damned good. HOW?

by Anonymousreply 566June 20, 2019 11:01 PM

Madame X has her secrets, R566.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567June 20, 2019 11:11 PM

Boring ass haters. Say the same shit over and over that's why they get blocked. They just shit in their pants she is going to be #1. These sad mental psychos literally were ready to celebrate a #2 debut and banked on it. That is how fucking pathetic their suicidal lives are. Read the earlier comments. Now all these nuts can do is drag out the same tired insults. Meanwhile, she is THE MOST SUCCESSFUL of all time. Their faves can't come close hence the meltdowns and insults.

by Anonymousreply 568June 20, 2019 11:12 PM

She still can't sing R568. Some of us prefer pop singers who can sing.

by Anonymousreply 569June 20, 2019 11:14 PM

Yes, pop singers who can sing are the BEST.

by Anonymousreply 570June 20, 2019 11:45 PM

Why are you so proud when you block people? Is that some sort of accomplishment for chronkc pantshitters? Do you call your mom each time you block someone or do just wait until the end of the day?

by Anonymousreply 571June 20, 2019 11:48 PM

[quote]She's turned out a pretty great album. It's not mature, because that's a bit too much to ask of Madonna. . . .

I totally disagree. I think it's an extremely mature album, R566. It screams "I recorded this for me and no one else." She's no longer really chasing anything. I mean, I'm sure she wanted the album to do well and be well received but even so, it has a "no fucks given" patina on it and I really like that.

by Anonymousreply 572June 20, 2019 11:50 PM

R566 it's no surprise to me that Madonna can cut a good album. Why should it surprise anyone considering her career? Despite what DL kweens might claim, Madonna is a well-respected musician among musicians. She doesn't have one particular skill that's fantastic, but overall she certainly knows how to make pop and dance ditties.

by Anonymousreply 573June 20, 2019 11:50 PM

Yes! Its so no fucks given that it apes every single trick used to get a song on the charts.

by Anonymousreply 574June 20, 2019 11:52 PM

[quote]Europe is happily buying up copies of MADAME X, making it #1 in dozens of countries.

No it isn't.

These are the only charts released so far. It's bombing around the globe:

Argentinian Albums (CAPIF) - 3 Japanese Albums (Oricon) - 14 Japanese International Albums (Oricon) - 2 Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan) - 10

Nice try. Her tour still hasn't sold out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575June 21, 2019 12:16 AM

Careful, R575! You dont want to get BLOCKED!

by Anonymousreply 576June 21, 2019 12:35 AM

I'm not the Blocker.

There are more than one Madonna fans here, just like there isn't just one Janet Jackson fan (although there is only one Janbot).

I'm not Vadgebot or Vadgestan.

by Anonymousreply 577June 21, 2019 12:39 AM

Wait! Janet has more than 1 fan?

by Anonymousreply 578June 21, 2019 12:41 AM

Do yourself a favor and listen to Laurie Anderson - the Strange Angels album. Has nothing to do with this, but I heard it when I was having a haircut and needed it right away. Not everything good can be a commercial hit. That thirty year old Laurie Anderson album is light years ahead of the current Madonna. And I ain't even close to 50 years old. Not every hit maker has to die. All old players aren't stale. It's impossible to evaluate Madonna anymore. She's an artist but no longer a performer. "Flowing backward, into the future."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579June 21, 2019 12:43 AM

Please, take a seat with the Tori Amos Troll.

This is a MADAME X thread.

by Anonymousreply 580June 21, 2019 12:46 AM

In most countries that have already reported, Madame X has only had 3 days of sales. Like Japan or Argentina. Facts matter. Lies are for deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 581June 21, 2019 12:51 AM

Y'all have posted more than 130 times on this thread R580. All hail Madame X!!! Autotune as ART rescues Madonna's fake ass. This is a welcome change from your more hateful obsessive threads on Jussie Smollett and Meghan McCain. Who is Tori Amos? Not a great deflection R580.

by Anonymousreply 582June 21, 2019 1:18 AM

God Control, Come Alive and I Don't Search I Find are top-tier Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 583June 21, 2019 1:50 AM

Madame Xlax falls to #12 on the charts; Bruce #1, Gaga #6. lmao.

by Anonymousreply 584June 21, 2019 2:14 AM

What of Gaga is at #6 on which charts? I wouldn't expect Madge to be number 1 if she put out "Whitney" but the charts are kind of varied and confusing these days. So which charts and for album or hot singles? Huh R584.

by Anonymousreply 585June 21, 2019 2:22 AM

Enjoy the whole thing. Strange Angels. laurie anderson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586June 21, 2019 2:26 AM

I'm offended by the "Killers who are partying" lyrics. She says she'll be incarcerated for Israel yet says nothing about the Palestinians.

by Anonymousreply 587June 21, 2019 3:17 AM

Oh no, r582 is the y'all troll!@

by Anonymousreply 588June 21, 2019 3:28 AM

I love the album. It doesn't have a dull moment. It has some brilliant moments.

But that pride set list? MADONNA- COME ON GIRL!

And this is why we love to hate her and hate to love her. She is infuriating sometimes!

I respect her clearly doing what she feels she wants. That is gutsy when she could really just play it safe. I guess I am really surprised this era she is not playing it safe with anything- the music, the videos, the performances. It is both bad ass and infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 589June 21, 2019 3:34 AM

[quote]But while the character Madame X may be an entire litany of things, what’s wholly unclear from the album Madame X is who Madonna is in 2019. Much of the album’s lyrics trade in broad sociopolitical commentary, the brand of quote cards your liberal mom might have posted on Facebook during the Women’s March: “We came out of the dark / Everyone has a spark” and “Your future is bright / Just don’t turn off the light” on the Quavo-featuring “Future.” Or “Your world is such a shame / ’cause your world’s obsessed with fame” on “Dark Ballet.” Or “Lord have mercy / Things have got to change” on “Batuka.” What exactly needs to change, though, is never made clear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590June 21, 2019 3:39 AM

Ticket bundling - the reason her album is higher on the charts than it would be.

---

When Madonna’s “Madame X” opened at number one on iTunes, fans rejoiced. They thought that their “Queen” was back.

What they did not take into consideration was ticket bundling. Every fan who purchased a ticket to one of the singer’s live performances was given a free download of her latest album.

The RIAA considers these free downloads a sale. Madonna has done this with other releases to ensure a number one spot for the debut of her new material.

In the past, when Madonna has pulled this trick, sales dropped by more than 80% the second week.

With “Madame X,” sales have dropped even quicker.

By the second day of the release, in less than 24 hours, sixty-year-old Madonna’s “Madame X” lost the number one spot to 69-year-old Bruce Springsteen’s “Western Stars.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591June 21, 2019 3:41 AM

And her #1 album thread is about to be gone. Almost at 600.

Thank you, Madge, for another badass album. The others wish they could have your career. They can't and won't. Your 60 year old ass is kicking ass and taking names, again. School them, Queen! Supremely talented and never plays it safe.

You still have them triggered and clutching their pillows drowning in tears or raging on the internet proclaiming all your supposed shortcomings. Who knew a #1 album would cause such a meltdown?

Congrats, Queen M, your throne is secure. All the pop bitches bow once again in glory.

by Anonymousreply 592June 21, 2019 3:51 AM

One day you'll look back at all this ass licking and, hopefully, have the decency to be embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 593June 21, 2019 3:55 AM

Faz Gostoso is doing very well it was #1 on streaming, the album might do very well there.

by Anonymousreply 594June 21, 2019 4:11 AM

OML she is serving great face on Fallon! She looks incredible. I am getting Take A Bow and Evita vibes. How can she be so incredible? And she is fucking funny. Fallon is such a stan.

Madonna you REIGN over them all. There isn't a pop/rock bitch alive who will ever do what you have done.

by Anonymousreply 595June 21, 2019 4:20 AM

She desperately needs a decent live performance to win over the general public, like she used to do at the MTV music awards. She was probably afraid to after the Eurovision mess

by Anonymousreply 596June 21, 2019 4:23 AM

Her dance off with Jimmy was so cute.

Shit, she IS serving us TAB and Evita vibes. I like her sense of humor. It is very dry. Like my elbows.

by Anonymousreply 597June 21, 2019 4:25 AM

Let's hope this thread dies and we don't need to see another - it's mostly full of that one blocked poster's oddly and overwhelmingly obsequious praise. And because xhe posts so much in this thread (probably a good 1/4 of these posts, licking Madonna's vag every time), blocking him makes it very laggy. It's sad we can't have a discussion without freaks like that taking over.

by Anonymousreply 598June 21, 2019 4:25 AM

End it now!

by Anonymousreply 599June 21, 2019 4:26 AM

60 year old Madonna's album sales are tanking!

by Anonymousreply 600June 21, 2019 4:27 AM

Madonna will go down as...but she can't get up.

by Anonymousreply 601June 21, 2019 4:29 AM

Christ, R579, that cacophonous dirge is utterly untenable!

It's beyond awful.

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 602June 21, 2019 5:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!