Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Tootsie" is LITERALLY KILLING the usual suspects!

[quote]tootsie is a disgusting movie and show. i will not rest until its off broadway and not running anywhere. its 2019, trans woc are being murdered, and we're giving this transphobic show a platform? seriously?

[quote]tootsie's entire punchline is making a mockery of trans women. its disgusting. as a trans person myself, it hurts seeing my sisters used as a joke like this. it makes them seem like just "men in dresses," when they're not at all. trans women are women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 17, 2019 5:25 AM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 1June 11, 2019 2:21 AM

Can we do Poo Shoes: The Musical?

by Anonymousreply 2June 11, 2019 2:23 AM

[quote] it makes them seem like just "men in dresses," when they're not at all. trans women are women.

Yeah, of course trans women are women. Of course they're not men in dresses. I mean, no one in the world is going to look at this photo of Caitlyn Jenner and see a man in a dress, are they? Everyone who looks at it can see that it's a photo of a woman, right? Right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2019 2:27 AM

[quote]Did you wake furious that Tootsie won Tony awards last night (for the transphobic writer and the problematic lead actor)? I did. Feel free to share this to help educate people why, despite it being a “tony-award winning show” they should NOT go see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 11, 2019 2:28 AM

Tootsie isn’t about a trans woman. Period. Whoever that is that OP linked is seriously mentally ill, and not just based on its Tootsie rampage.

by Anonymousreply 5June 11, 2019 2:29 AM

But Tootsie is not a movie about a trans woman. What is this idiot even talking about? The main character decides to cross dress to get employed, not because he wants to change his sex/gender.

by Anonymousreply 6June 11, 2019 2:31 AM

Oh, but r5, ze is only one of MANY on Twitter claiming "Tootsie" is transphobic for ... reasons that are never fully explained.

Like here:

[quote]Tootsie is problematic. End of. [bold]If you’re not trans you have no right to say what is transphobic or not. If trans people are hurt by the themes that the show covers, the show shouldn’t be running.[/bold] If you don’t acknowledge that, you’re ignorant & part of the problem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 11, 2019 2:32 AM

I hope they never see an old rerun of Bosom Buddies. Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari will be in grave danger.

Run for your lives Kids in the Hall! The blood of millions of TPOCs is on your hands!

by Anonymousreply 8June 11, 2019 2:33 AM

Penny Pingleton is Positively Permanently Peeved!

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2019 2:33 AM

Biology is transphobic

by Anonymousreply 10June 11, 2019 2:39 AM

No wonder the Beatles look sad and puzzled.

by Anonymousreply 11June 11, 2019 2:41 AM

trans woc, is that a trendy new fusion restaurant?

by Anonymousreply 12June 11, 2019 2:55 AM

This is hilarious. They are just bonkers now.

by Anonymousreply 13June 11, 2019 2:56 AM

Not to mention the original performances of all the plays of Shakespeare, the heinous original transphobe!

by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2019 2:59 AM

And the suspect in the Trans Woc murder case has been identified!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 11, 2019 3:01 AM

Do they see a man in a dress as equal to trans woman?

That’s hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2019 3:05 AM

Kill, Tootsie, Kill!

If Tootsie can LITERALLY KILL the usual suspects, I might gain some respect for that crappy movie.

by Anonymousreply 17June 11, 2019 3:06 AM

They hate Tootsie because it makes it abundantly clear that a man in a dress IS a joke.

by Anonymousreply 18June 11, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote]The mood in the trans theatre circles I’m a part of on Tuesday morning was bleak. People were bitter, exhausted, furious, and demoralized as we once again saw a show that harms us and our communities being blithely celebrated by an industry that likes to paint itself as a safe, inclusive, and progressive scene. Each one of Tootsie’s nominations is an embarrassment to the entire field of musical theatre; each award that it wins will be a damning indictment of this industry’s ignorance of trans existence.

Exhausted. EXHAUSTED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 11, 2019 3:15 AM

What's LITERALLY KILLING the "Trans Community" is facing the truth that Dustin Hoffman in a dress looks just like them - an ugly man in a dress.

by Anonymousreply 20June 11, 2019 3:20 AM

via r19

[quote]The mood in the trans theatre circles I’m a part of on Tuesday morning was bleak. People were bitter, exhausted, furious, and demoralized as we once again saw a show that harms us and our communities...

So... business as usual?

by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2019 3:38 AM

You missed the best part op. ‘He’ is a ‘gay’ trans man (ie an annoying girl who fetishizes male homosexuality).

Fuck off, you annoying woman in ‘gayface’. Homosexuality isn’t a trend for your UwU I’m so queer ass to play with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 11, 2019 3:44 AM

Dorothy Michaels did more to advocate for the rights of women than any transwoman ever has.

by Anonymousreply 23June 11, 2019 4:29 AM

The "lady" doth protest too much, methinks. I think that dressing as a different gender in order to get something out of it hits a little too close to home for some of these people. Of course, they cannot accept it...

by Anonymousreply 24June 11, 2019 4:52 AM

Don't tell them about Ladybugs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 11, 2019 6:58 PM

Haha, r25. The 80s gave us a bazillion comedies about cross-dressing and masquerading as the opposite sex. Maybe that’s why I can’t take their nonsense seriously.

by Anonymousreply 26June 11, 2019 7:02 PM

MRS. DOUBTFIRE is the "Mein Kampf" of transphobia!

by Anonymousreply 27June 11, 2019 7:04 PM

[quote]If you don’t acknowledge that, you’re ignorant & part of the problem.

I'M PART OF THE PROBLEM!

by Anonymousreply 28June 11, 2019 7:08 PM

I'M ALSO IGNORANT!

by Anonymousreply 29June 11, 2019 7:10 PM

What about the classic "Some Like It Hot" ?

by Anonymousreply 30June 11, 2019 7:10 PM

So the transgestapo is trying to erase cross dressing

by Anonymousreply 31June 11, 2019 7:11 PM

It's nice that Twitter provides a platform for the mentally ill to talk to themselves all day long.

by Anonymousreply 32June 11, 2019 7:12 PM

[quote] transgestapo

I assume you throw around the term "feminazi" as well.

by Anonymousreply 33June 11, 2019 7:15 PM

R26 Yep. My favorite was Bubba and the gang from Private School

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 11, 2019 7:20 PM

Sometimes it goes the other way..:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 11, 2019 7:29 PM

Ahem...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 11, 2019 7:30 PM

“The Color of Night” in which one of mentally ill Rose’s alter egos is a boy.

LITERAL VIOLENCE AND SLANDER AND DORK-SIDEDNESS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 11, 2019 7:33 PM

This one hits too close to home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 11, 2019 7:36 PM

For this reason only I think Tootsie might actually deserve the best musical award.

by Anonymousreply 39June 11, 2019 7:38 PM

Papa, can you hear me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 11, 2019 7:40 PM

Sometimes, it's hard to be a woman . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 11, 2019 8:38 PM

Careful what you say about Charles r41 They are 6'3" in heels and military trained in Transfu.

by Anonymousreply 42June 11, 2019 9:08 PM

Part of the problem with this in general is the lack of facts and historical context. It was a great movie for its time. But young ‘kids’ don’t get that, or they believe the simple and wrong narratives told to them. It’s like I was just watching a trans YouTuber Alex Bertie being at Disneyland pride - I don’t hate trans people, especially ones who I think are a positive force. However a popular comment said; ‘it’s great they have invited you as often the T in LGBT is forgotten’ - that’s a fair enough comment, but a reply to that was ‘ yeah especially considering pride was started by a few trans folk’ and then a comment below that ‘ really? Oh I didn’t know that, cool’ or something along the lines of that.

False narratives have been created and made unto ‘facts’ that anyone under 25 wholesale believes 100%. To them the ‘gay’ moment began in 1969 and was actually one by trans women which was then co opted by the evil cis white gays. They literally believe that.

by Anonymousreply 43June 11, 2019 11:50 PM

r38, I love "Dressed to Kill".

Bobbi will cut a bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 12, 2019 3:31 AM

[quote]They are 6'3" in heels and military trained in Transfu.

So xe's deadly when equipped with a box cutter?

by Anonymousreply 45June 12, 2019 3:35 AM

The same group that says Kurt Cobain and Joan Jett are the transies because they wear/wore clothing assigned to a gender.

by Anonymousreply 46June 12, 2019 3:40 AM

This is all so exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 47June 12, 2019 3:41 AM

Fuck off....I'm sick of Trans thinking the world owes them something . Live and let live bitch

by Anonymousreply 48June 12, 2019 3:44 AM

I know people who were outraged that the Trunchbull was played by a man.

by Anonymousreply 49June 12, 2019 3:44 AM

[quote]However a popular comment said; ‘it’s great they have invited you as often the T in LGBT is forgotten’ - that’s a fair enough comment

Funny that your comment is about false narratives, yet you claim this r43.

by Anonymousreply 50June 12, 2019 3:49 AM

Oh please, most trans women are neurotic gay men, who just got into the femmy crap. They're delusional. With that being said some of the best head I've ever got was from a post OP, Vietnamese tranny. Chick was fkin beautiful, and passable.

by Anonymousreply 51June 12, 2019 4:01 AM

R50 ??? I fail to see how my point is wrong

by Anonymousreply 52June 12, 2019 4:55 AM

Someone of no consequence whatsoever says something outrageous on Twitter.

People of no consequence use the one outrageous comment to malign an entire group of people.

It's the same cycle of behavior over and over again and I don't know why you guys aren't at least bored by it. Is it really impossible for you to not post the exact same thing every day?

You're achieving nothing. Why waste time?

by Anonymousreply 53June 12, 2019 5:19 AM

R53 But their complaints have been reported in the Theater press, so it has gained traction so fuck off

by Anonymousreply 54June 13, 2019 8:49 PM

Half of trans men are straight male cross dressers/fetishists. I think they are the ones who are more violent and enjoy sending death threats to elderly lesbian feminists.

by Anonymousreply 55June 13, 2019 9:49 PM

The Anti-Anti Trans Troll Troll is trying a new tactic in r53, I see

by Anonymousreply 56June 13, 2019 10:06 PM

Where’s the outrage for Mrs. Doubtfire, huh?????

LITERAL VIOLENCE

by Anonymousreply 57June 13, 2019 10:12 PM

So in essence what they are saying is that transvestites are also transphobic?

Trannies are so fucking dumb. There is no logic to any of their bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 58June 13, 2019 10:17 PM

Have they heard about that old show called M*A*S*H?

by Anonymousreply 59June 14, 2019 2:02 AM

Yes, r59, but they’re starting a whole new movement about that.

Imagine, just because you wear a dress as a guy you’re certifiably, Section 8 crazy?!!?!!1!

by Anonymousreply 60June 14, 2019 3:40 PM

I'm so exhausted, y'all!!

by Anonymousreply 61June 14, 2019 4:39 PM

At least they made my character younger and better-looking.

by Anonymousreply 62June 14, 2019 5:17 PM

[quote] i will not rest until its off broadway

You can relax now, resting up for the next battle.

𝑻𝒐𝒐𝒕𝒔𝒊𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒅𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒂𝒏 𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒚𝒆𝒓𝒔, 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝑺𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝑱𝒂𝒏𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒚 5. The musical, based on the hit Dustin Hoffman movie from 1982 and a winner of two Tony Awards, will have played 293 regular and 25 preview performances since opening April 23 at the Marquis Theatre.

Producers announced the closing tonight. Sources say the cast was informed earlier today

Most Broadway bettors might have put money on Tootsie‘s success last spring, at least over the generally lesser-well-reviewed Beetlejuice, but they’d have lost. Last week, Beetlejuice grossed $1.2 million – 93% of its potential at the Winter Garden Theatre – and filled 97% of its seats. Tootsie took $943,765, only 58% of its potential. Attendance was 78% of capacity.

New Yorkers won’t have long to wait for another man-disguised-as-woman comedy based on an old-ish movie. Mrs. Doubtfire, with Rob McClure — who originated the ghost husband role in Beetlejuice last spring — in the Robin Williams role and Jerry Zaks directing. Performances begin March 9 at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 13, 2019 1:35 AM

Ugh, it’s always the trans people with vaginas doing this, bitching about everything. Say what you want about MTF, at least they occasionally shut up and can mostly coexist with normal people. FTM trannies are always angry mentally ill narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 64November 13, 2019 1:40 AM

Is Dustin Hoffman in the Gulag yet?

by Anonymousreply 65November 13, 2019 1:40 AM

R64, you have it backwards.

MTF trannies are frequently angry mentally ill narcissists. There, fixed it for you!

by Anonymousreply 66November 13, 2019 1:57 AM

It's hilarious that old MTF trannies always pick new names that little girls and young women have: Zoey, Caitlyn, Madyson, Chloe. Sweet, feminine names incompatible with their grizzled mugs, linebacker shoulders, man hands and size 14 feet.

by Anonymousreply 67November 13, 2019 2:11 AM

R66 Trans women are the ones that are usually okay with gay men and have no problem with them. Trans men are the ones attacking us and calling it a hate crime because we don’t want to fuck men with vaginas. They’re always angry, violent, and aggressive. But they’re women pumped full of testosterone so it’s to be expected.

by Anonymousreply 68November 13, 2019 2:31 AM

MTF’s are the worst

by Anonymousreply 69November 13, 2019 3:02 AM

omg, the broadway twitter stan is celebrating like there is no tomorrow. They really think this is their doing, not really bad marketing and being in the cursed theater of Broadway.

But don't you dare ask them what they have done to stop Donald Trump from taking away their rights or what they have done about the murders of trans women, the real enemy is broadway. Who knew a musical could do so much damage?

by Anonymousreply 70November 16, 2019 3:20 AM

Tonight I am going to have a double bill of Tootsie and Private School.

Fuck these humourless, mentally ill narcissists.

Transphobic? They're more like Humourphobic and Lifephobic. Exhausting.

You just know their families hate having them over for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. They probably complain their Christmas gifts are transphobic.

by Anonymousreply 71November 16, 2019 3:52 AM

[quote]You can relax now, resting up for the next battle.

[quote]New Yorkers won’t have long to wait for another man-disguised-as-woman comedy based on an old-ish movie. Mrs. Doubtfire, with Rob McClure — who originated the ghost husband role in Beetlejuice last spring — in the Robin Williams role and Jerry Zaks directing. Performances begin March 9 at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre.

They don't have much time to rest since Mrs. Doubtfire starts on March 9.

by Anonymousreply 72November 16, 2019 3:56 AM

These Twitter teens are silly. Half will be cis Republicans by their 30s denouncing their trans selves as a phase. They will marry in heterosexual relationships and protest having to bake cakes for trans weddings.

by Anonymousreply 73November 17, 2019 4:13 AM

I think the OP of the Tweet might have died. No new recent Tweets.

by Anonymousreply 74November 17, 2019 4:17 AM

“White Chicks” will be cancelled by transgender people and by trans-race people like Rachel Dolezal.

by Anonymousreply 75November 17, 2019 5:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!