Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jonathan Van Ness from “Queer Eye” comes out as non-binary

Because sure why not

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 15, 2019 12:39 PM

These new terms are ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2019 3:27 PM

Well, color me surprised!

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2019 3:28 PM

The hair, the makeup, the clothes... All non-binary people look the same : like shit.

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2019 3:36 PM

zzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2019 3:37 PM

Non-binary is simply a code word for "I demand attention!"

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2019 3:38 PM

Non-binary= boring

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2019 3:38 PM

My cousin did that too on the weekend at a family gathering. While most of the family sat around trying to figure out what "non-binary" means, I took another helping of potato salad.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2019 3:42 PM

I miss the days of simply “Gay/Lesbian”

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2019 3:48 PM

We should go back to “homosexual.”

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2019 3:53 PM

Stunning. Brave. Etc.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2019 3:59 PM

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2019 4:05 PM

All of these guys are so gross.

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2019 4:08 PM

His explanation is so gross. What he’s describing is simply the life of a young gay boy. Many of us were fascinated by our sister’s things. That didn’t make us any less of a boy or eventual man.

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2019 4:10 PM

Huh, I thought only people under the age of 18 took "non-binary" seriously.

by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2019 4:20 PM

He looks exhausting and high maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2019 4:22 PM

Do nonbinary people have sex? with whom?

by Anonymousreply 16June 10, 2019 4:28 PM

He looks like a Sister of Perpetual Indulgence...all the time.

by Anonymousreply 17June 10, 2019 4:32 PM

r8, r9 Rest assured, there has always been and will continue to be homosexuals, bisexuals, and heterosexuals (and you may include "asexual" with that, which I don't but one arguably could). The rest is literally ALL window dressing.

I actually applaud this "coming out" story. The more ridiculous BS like this, the faster gays/lesbians will reject and eject this "gender nonsense." Even DL's resident pro-trans troll is going to start peaking soon, and I hope xhe's got a lot of apologies and contrition for xher's contribution to this nonsense (spoiler alert: xhe won't!).

by Anonymousreply 18June 10, 2019 4:49 PM

No big loss. I find him way too "on" and annoying of the five. All his affectations seem like an act.

by Anonymousreply 19June 10, 2019 4:51 PM

This has gotten beyond tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 20June 10, 2019 4:54 PM

I'm all in favor of being who you are and not conforming to gender stereotypes if they don't suit you., but I wish things had gone in the direction of expanding/creating your own definition of what it means to be a man or a woman, rather than creating new labels, pronouns, etc. to describe your gender.

by Anonymousreply 21June 10, 2019 5:05 PM

LOOK AT MEEEEE!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 22June 10, 2019 5:05 PM

Good for h(im)(er).

by Anonymousreply 23June 10, 2019 5:11 PM

Who is sister of Perptial INdulgents?

by Anonymousreply 24June 10, 2019 5:11 PM

This QE is a fucking mess, Jonathan is creepy, Antoni is pansexual and Karamo refused to speak to Antoni becuase he got the "hot one" label.

by Anonymousreply 25June 10, 2019 5:18 PM

r21 Yea this gender emphasis isn't progressive - it is just reifying traditional sex/gender stereotypes into pseudo-identities rather than expanding and contesting categories like masculine and feminine. Basically, he is agreeing that men are masculine and women feminine and thus he isn't really a man because he is a bit fey, which is really degrading. Many if not most gay men don't fit the hypermasculine ideal so are they not real men either? Insanity....

by Anonymousreply 26June 10, 2019 5:23 PM

r25 Yea I didn't realize there was a backlash against Anthony by some online "queers" until I read a nasty blog post on into (or more - whatever the grindr rag is called) that tried to make it a racial issue. Everything is so "problematic" now...

by Anonymousreply 27June 10, 2019 5:25 PM

non-binary = femme bottom.

It's blatant femmebottomphobia.

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2019 5:27 PM

Without fail, it is someone with lower levels of intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2019 5:28 PM

Does he still identify as gay then if he no longer considers himself a man? You know he is using his celebrity to fuck as many hot masc guys (wasn't his last boyfriend a rugby player?) Probably uses queer now as that seems to be the stepping stone to this gender nonsense...

by Anonymousreply 30June 10, 2019 5:42 PM

Get Woke Go Broke

by Anonymousreply 31June 10, 2019 5:44 PM

Non-binary=extremely nelly.

by Anonymousreply 32June 10, 2019 6:15 PM

They're a do good non profit and dress as drag nuns with beards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 10, 2019 7:15 PM

Buy a nunnery

by Anonymousreply 34June 10, 2019 7:16 PM

Why do all these “celebrities” always think they have to announce everything. Who the fuck cares

by Anonymousreply 35June 10, 2019 7:18 PM

Cool. Someone explain how they are the “grooming” individual on queer eye when their outfits always look like shit and unflattering. WHAT were their qualifications exactly? JVN wears crop tops with skirts that are way too tight up top and gives them the muffin top from hell and apparently they think that looks good?

The mustache just looks rediculous. Now I’m actually for gender expression in whatever you want and will respect NB, but one has to wonder if a hillbilly straight dude from Texas will REALLY want to take grooming advice from them?!

by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2019 8:57 PM

Eh whatever. He knows how to walk in heels and he often wears flowing knits. He also has excellent hair.

by Anonymousreply 37June 10, 2019 8:58 PM

How does he know what it feels like to be a woman? What does it feel like to be a woman? What is a woman suppose to feel.What does it feel like to be a man. It's nonsensical bullshit.

Also one could suggest he actually really sexist, he is equality womanhood with high heels and make up and effeminate gestures.

by Anonymousreply 38June 11, 2019 5:19 PM

These new queer eye dudes became exhausting af in record time.

by Anonymousreply 39June 11, 2019 5:55 PM

Jonathan probably saw Anthony getting all of the glowing press coverage of his supposed "fluid sexuality" that he thought he could out-woke him with this...

by Anonymousreply 40June 11, 2019 11:30 PM

There are not enough letters in the alphabet to label all the way people "feel" about their identity. Eventually, the whole thing will collapse down to Straight/Not Straight.

by Anonymousreply 41June 11, 2019 11:34 PM

[quote]I think my "energies" are really all over the place.

Oh, FFS. There's no helping one of those astrology freaks.

by Anonymousreply 42June 11, 2019 11:47 PM

[quote]How does he know what it feels like to be a woman? What does it feel like to be a woman? What is a woman suppose to feel.What does it feel like to be a man. It's nonsensical bullshit. Also one could suggest he actually really sexist, he is equality womanhood with high heels and make up and effeminate gestures.

r38, thank you, I honestly do not understand how sensible people cannot see this.

by Anonymousreply 43June 12, 2019 1:56 AM

It just goes to show how many people delight in reinforcing sexual / gender / whatever stereotypes, R43.

by Anonymousreply 44June 12, 2019 2:02 AM

She ugly…

by Anonymousreply 45June 12, 2019 4:12 AM

This guy's 15 minutes need to end asap. He's a self-absorbed attention whore, although his Game of Thrones recaps did make me LOL.

by Anonymousreply 46June 12, 2019 4:35 AM

He's being trolled by TERFs

[quote] Don't worry, on his "woman" days he's going to do a bit of unpaid labour, maybe swap places with a trafficked woman / child bride/ girl about to undergo Female Genital Mutilation - you know, give them a bit of a break. Stunning & brave etc, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 12, 2019 5:11 AM

R40 yes, all the teen girls on the Miz Cracker drag transformation are eating it up! They love how anthoni is pan; think it gives them a chance

by Anonymousreply 48June 12, 2019 5:43 AM

It’s ugly and highly unattractive. I don’t care whatever it is called

by Anonymousreply 49June 12, 2019 5:57 AM

He is, literally, a man in a dress. He looks like he just accidentally grabbed his sister's clothes in the dark. Does he get to walk into a women's bathroom or locker room now and we can't question it? Can we have a problem with it when his big dick flops out of his skirt?

by Anonymousreply 50June 12, 2019 6:06 AM

"Yea this gender emphasis isn't progressive - it is just reifying traditional sex/gender stereotypes into pseudo-identities rather than expanding and contesting categories like masculine and feminine. "

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 51June 12, 2019 6:13 AM

Oh, such a well thought out and thorough response, R51.

by Anonymousreply 52June 12, 2019 6:17 AM

Can we convince all the non-binaries that they are non-corporeal so we don't have to see or hear from them anymore? They're pretty dumb and gullible, so we'd have to explain to them what 'corporeal' means but after that I bet they'd be all for it. "Having to define myself as a body when I'm really a spiritual being is unfair. I've never felt like I belonged in my body so I've decided that I no longer have a body. Stop looking at me! You can't see me!! You are triggering me with your eye sight!"

by Anonymousreply 53June 12, 2019 6:26 AM

Who is this person? STFU. Non-binary, my ass.

by Anonymousreply 54June 12, 2019 6:35 AM

He looks like he’s trying to be a color (tacky) version of Jesus Christ Superstar.

by Anonymousreply 55June 12, 2019 6:49 AM

Then he shouldn't be on the show. The old queer eye was made of unapologetically gay guys who didn't do this fucking verbal obfuscation in trying to explain why they are gay, they didn't have to. If he's so ashamed that he has to claim he also feels like a woman, then this show isn't for him. Fuck off, enby, accept your gayness.

by Anonymousreply 56June 12, 2019 7:05 AM

R56 what am I? Chopped liver?

by Anonymousreply 57June 12, 2019 7:13 AM

I couldn't have put it better, r26.

by Anonymousreply 58June 12, 2019 7:58 AM

The New York Times, with its over-the-top, non-stop endorsement of Gender Ideology, often stating the looniest claims as if they were fact, has lost the plot. Aluminum tubes and now this. The NYT are truly shills for the New World Order (TM, George Bush I)

Couldn't finish the article because of all the pronoun misuse. "THEY" how can we be expected to construct a coherent sentence using a plural pronoun for a singular person?

The writer didn't, that's for sure.

[quote] They wore a gray V-neck T-shirt and jeans. With an ankle crossed over the other knee, they picked at the rubber rim of one of their sneakers, picking, picking. The pain of being nonbinary was “excruciating,” they told me later, a torment mixing disconnection from themself and isolation from everyone else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 12, 2019 4:05 PM

These "Non binary" halfwits are insufferable, with their excruciating navel gazing, 'Ermagerd mUh identituh is so sPiricHewl an SpesHUl-er than ani1s'.

I want them all to die in a grease fire already.

by Anonymousreply 60June 12, 2019 6:27 PM

So do non-binaries take hormones or do they just live their lives as men who dress and explore fem fashion tropes?

by Anonymousreply 61June 12, 2019 8:11 PM

He seems tiresome

by Anonymousreply 62June 13, 2019 7:07 AM

He has those Janet Jackson triangular nostrils.

by Anonymousreply 63June 13, 2019 6:16 PM

Bleeeerggghhh

by Anonymousreply 64June 18, 2019 4:24 PM

Non-binary is one of the biggest bullshit appliques out there.

It means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 65June 18, 2019 4:54 PM

I don't even know what non-binary truly is. I just know Jonathan looks terrible in a dress and gogo boots.

by Anonymousreply 66June 18, 2019 5:39 PM

Fine, Jonathan. You're "non-binary" . Because it's all a 'spectrum', right? Which then means there is no binary, and everyone on the planet is fucking 'non-binary.

In other words, sit down, you boring narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 67June 18, 2019 5:51 PM

R7 LOL! Did they turn to you for help? I'm the go-to person in my family whenever they can't comprehend "something gay." They asked me about the trans thing (because I used to play dress up with my sisters as kids) and I told them even I don't understand that one myself!

by Anonymousreply 68June 18, 2019 5:55 PM

He's so damn swishy. I'm really tired of explaining this crap to my co workers. I'm not an expert on this crap and I'm really sick of being the "Ask A Gay". Christ on a Crispy Ritz, I served in the military. I watch sports and play video games.

This crap? Nope. Got. No. Damn. Time.

by Anonymousreply 69June 18, 2019 7:47 PM

Who is she???

by Anonymousreply 70June 19, 2019 2:32 PM

I watched one episode of the new Queer Eye and though Jonathan tries way too hard to be "on" all the time.

by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2019 3:25 PM

What I don’t get about “non-binary” is the fact that they’re just reinforcing gender roles instead of questioning them. Can’t a man feel some feminine traits and still be male? Isn’t feeling not-male because you like to wear heels and skirts sometimes reducing womanhood to heels and skirts? Seems like stereotyping to me.

by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2019 4:35 PM

So much hate! Why do you all care? He has been consistently himself! I don’t understand the hate towards someone who has been nothing, but kind, genuine, and loving towards others.

by Anonymousreply 73July 19, 2019 10:40 PM

I like Jonathan, but I find him exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 74July 19, 2019 10:47 PM

You are free to live your life any way you want to. But if you have a dick, you are a guy. You have a vagina, you are a girl. Not too hard to figure out.

by Anonymousreply 75July 19, 2019 10:52 PM

I don't like this new series. I wonder what the original cast thinks of these clowns.

by Anonymousreply 76July 19, 2019 10:53 PM

R76 He is, but he seems genuine and decent. It just sounds like a MAGA rally in here and I responded to a month old thread

by Anonymousreply 77July 19, 2019 11:10 PM

Never mind. My comment defending him was deleted.

by Anonymousreply 78July 19, 2019 11:11 PM

I would like to ask the mods what is wrong with stating someone seems authentic and decent? Why does that deserve to be deleted?

by Anonymousreply 79July 19, 2019 11:14 PM

Never mind. Day wine today! I misread the replies. Sorry mods

by Anonymousreply 80July 19, 2019 11:15 PM

R79 Did you press the Post button?

Some eager DLers compose a lovely post but forget the press the Post button.

by Anonymousreply 81July 20, 2019 12:00 AM

[quote]So much hate! Why do you all care?

Did you say that on the MichFest threads?

Before the Ts killed MichFest ...and a couple of lesbians & their son?

by Anonymousreply 82July 20, 2019 12:09 AM

Look at me! I'm special! Pay attention to me because I'm nonbinary! I'm also nondecimal, how about that?

by Anonymousreply 83July 20, 2019 12:13 AM

well yeah, why not... ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 20, 2019 3:31 AM

I just think everyone should remember that there were people who were gay back in the times when people didn't believe in homosexuality... And in the times when homosexuality was illegal... And today in countries where it can get you killed. It's easy to shit on a concept because you don't understand it, but let's not drag it because they can still take our rights away as easily as they were given, and we should all be in the fight together, instead of fighting between ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 85July 20, 2019 4:55 AM

"Non-binary" and "transgender" are not "concepts". They are erroneous and nonsensical labels for the continued replication of the most degrading of socially-dictated gender stereotypes. Van Ness is gender non-conforming, a more accurate description of his choice not to behave according to conventional gender rules.

by Anonymousreply 86July 20, 2019 5:15 AM

[quote] Christ on a Crispy Ritz, I served in the military. I watch sports and play video games.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 87July 20, 2019 5:19 AM

R86 Or, still more accurately, Van Ness is thirsty for attention.

by Anonymousreply 88July 20, 2019 8:34 AM

Is non-binary when a grown man insists on talking like a 14 year old girl ?

by Anonymousreply 89July 20, 2019 9:08 AM

People like him give gay men a bad name

by Anonymousreply 90July 20, 2019 1:04 PM

Does this new gender-fluid sensation have a penis?

by Anonymousreply 91July 21, 2019 12:11 AM

R91 Could it be as simply as that?

Actually yes, it is.

by Anonymousreply 92July 21, 2019 2:42 AM

Does anyone actually think he looks good?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 15, 2019 10:10 AM

No r93. Jonathan, Kamaro and Tan look awful. Bobby is the only one looking half way decent and Antoni needs to put on some socks.

by Anonymousreply 94September 15, 2019 12:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!