Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Typhoid Fever, Typhus & Tuberculosis: Are L.A.'s Medieval Diseases Coming To Your City?

I think it may finally be time for me to move out of Los Angeles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2019 8:19 AM

OP How often do you encounter these slums? are they strewn about LA, or just in 1 or 2 pockets?

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2019 5:55 AM

I think it may finally be time for me to move out of Los Angeles

Good luck getting past the neighboring communities patrols.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2019 5:57 AM

The OP lives in that blue tent, R2.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2019 6:02 AM

Time to stop sucking hobo cock.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2019 6:02 AM

R1, it's not just the bad areas where there are homeless, though that's where you'll see most of them. It's pretty common to find a few encampments under an overpass. It sounds awful to say but they're almost part of the landscape it's not a shock to seem them when you're just out and about. The situation in downtown is pretty awful.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2019 6:05 AM

Love in the time of Cholera

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2019 6:08 AM

Sauvage!

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2019 6:11 AM

[quote]The situation in downtown is pretty awful.

I agree and it's spreading like a wild fire. In Anaheim, it is so gross, especially around the hotels where they sometimes stay and or get kicked out of due to their insanity.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2019 6:55 AM

Don’t worry everyone! Just take a shot of Apple Cider Vinegar before bed and you won’t catch any of the diseases mentioned above.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2019 7:23 AM

We can thank Reagan for a lot of this shit. He closed down all the mental hospitals when he was governor.

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2019 5:28 AM

According to the cops, the change in the law that kicked out minor offenses that would usually send you in jail is the reason for the influx of homeless people.

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2019 5:32 AM

[quote] We can thank Reagan for a lot of this shit. He closed down all the mental hospitals

Oh christ that bullshit again. Led by the ACLU and mental health advocates good caring progressives sued and won court cases against such facilities. The crusade was actually begun by Geraldo Rivera, boosting him from a local NYC reporter to network.

The ACLU boasts of their win but is silent about the disastrous consequences to the mentally ill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2019 5:41 AM

California Dems sure know how to run a city into the ground. How can our wealthiest state elect such incompetents?

It's like our own Venezuela, with all the money in the world, voting for the stupidest shit.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2019 5:58 AM

How convenient that this missive was written by a former O.C. Republican assemblyman and proponent of offshore drilling who now resides in Texas and works for a conservative think tank that are essentially in the pocket of the fossil fuel industry and are climate change deniers. Homelessness here is definitely getting out of hand, but this author definitely has an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2019 6:03 AM

But wait! Trump makes America great again!!!

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2019 6:16 AM

r14, I don't think the messenger is the issue here, but how typical of your type is your style of argumentation.

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2019 6:21 AM

I love how Californians are so self-righteous with their politics, and think they have it all figured out, when their state is essentially a Mad Max post-apocalyptic shithole.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2019 6:31 AM

saw a junkie squatting in between cars on a busy street shitting his guts out. i had to look twice, i first thought it was a chick, pissing.

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2019 6:41 AM

The tax cut means companies paid 91 billion less in taxes in 2018. That's a reason why social service programs can't respond.

Yes, that's 91 billion fewer dollars, my friend,R13.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2019 6:43 AM

I should add, it's all part of the Republican plan to starve government infrastructure. And it's working.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2019 6:44 AM

r19, in what alternate universe did you find Republicans controlling California's economy?

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2019 7:31 AM

Sure R11. I’d definitely believe the public statements from the gestapo that not jailing enough people caused this 🙄

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2019 7:53 AM

R21 the one where CA is a donor state and gets a return of 56 cents for federal programs in return for the 1 dollar paid in federal taxes.

The one where the federal agency HUD controls access to low income housing.

The one where the federal department of health and human services provides services.

The one where the CDC provides medical protections for vulnerable communities.

The one where, because CA is a donor and Red state economies are failing, CAs transfer of capital means less money for CA residents.

The one where ICE is releasing hundreds more from detention centers, thereby increasing the homeless population and the need for services.

The one where republicans refuse to approve aid so people can't recover their farms/businesses burnt in fires.

The one where the trump administration fucked immigration so badly the agricultural sector in CA is suffering.

It's almost as if you think CAs economy operates independently of the federal government.

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2019 8:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!