Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

F.T.D. Files For Bankruptcy

Another very old company having company having major financial losses during these changing times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2019 3:53 PM

Hmmm. Was this an authentic bankruptcy or is private equity behind this with its usual deceitful tricks?

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2019 10:31 PM

You call it bankruptcy, I call it pillaging a sinking ship.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2019 12:34 AM

Nobody is Sending Me Flowers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2019 12:43 AM

Why doe? The flower delivery business is bigger than ever now.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2019 12:45 AM

You can grab flowers at the grocery store, why wait for delivery. Times have change.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2019 12:50 AM

Someone should send them a Pick Me Up bouquet. Oh,wait...

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2019 12:56 AM

[quote]You can grab flowers at the grocery store, why wait for delivery. Times have change.

Actually, you have this completely backwards, gramps. The delivery business has exploded the last couple of years. You can order flowers with the tap of your phone.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2019 1:00 AM

It's cheaper to get it at the Korean market on my way home. Nicer bouquets too.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2019 1:03 AM

Frankly Trader Joe's has likely played a part in this. It's insane what you can get for less than 10 bucks in their cut floral section - especially in the larger stores. I buy mom a bouquet every week for her kitchen. The one I bought this week looked better than the $80 bridesmaids bouquets I bought for my nieces wedding and it was $5.99 plus tax. I know how much the flowers at my nieces wedding cost because my sister passed away when my niece was 7, her father is a cheapskate, and I volunteered to pay for the flowers. I probably could have hit TJ's early on the morning of the wedding, bought some ribbon on Amazon, and saved myself at least 750 to 1000 dollars.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2019 1:09 AM

TMI on you life story, dear.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2019 1:18 AM

r9 I agree. I wonder if being a wedding florist is as lucrative as it seems? The profit margin seems huge.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2019 1:18 AM

I would rather grow them myself.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2019 1:28 AM

I switched to Proflowers a while ago. *shrugs*

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2019 1:29 AM

Looks like a vulture capital thing--buyout, buy another business, not enough cash to cover the debt. OTOH, I think there are fewer florists than in the past--used to be one in every neighborhood business area/shopping center, but not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2019 1:31 AM

Wedding flowers ARE a total ripoff.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2019 1:40 AM

Shrug away R[13] the acquisition of ProFlowers and the additional debt burden that entailed is what led to the bankruptcy of FTD. Now private equity will be picking the carcass clean.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2019 1:46 AM

So it is another private scam after all? Sure smells like it.

There will be one or two news reports about this, and then the conglomerate media will sweep it under the rug.

With alll that ill gotten fortune, they just can’t get enough. They won’t be satisfied until Main Street is completely stripped down to the studs.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2019 1:47 AM

I blame the fruits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2019 2:04 AM

Millennials just don't send flowers.

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2019 2:16 AM

Merlin "Heygirl" Olson is on it, R6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2019 3:18 AM

FTD ripped you off and had tacky arrangements.

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2019 3:25 AM

Tell me I can still enjoy the fresh fruit!

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2019 4:27 AM

The kind of flowers millennials send are the kind you smoke.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2019 8:18 AM

FTD is sending R7 a You're an Asshole arrangement.

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2019 3:12 PM

Anything so that private equity could pillage the pensions and wages of the employees. Much easier to do under bankruptcy.

These 100m mega yachts are not going to buy themselves.

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2019 3:24 PM

You r mentioned that multiple times, Mary

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2019 3:28 PM

PE is going to have its reckoning. How many homes do they own in your neighborhood? 25%? 50%?

Give it time.

by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2019 3:29 PM

Here are the high-flying financiers charged in the college-admissions cheating scandal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2019 3:30 PM

R26, get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2019 3:31 PM

Your obsessive screeching won’t change a thing.

This culture is dripping in ODD and it will actually have the opposite effect.

If you truly care, it’s time to STFU now

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2019 3:33 PM

R25 has it right. Almost every bankruptcy in the US for the past 15 years has been driven by private equity/hedge funds. If you want to see why there is income inequality, just look at these funds. Employees are fired en masse with no severance - and executives and investors get paid millions.

by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2019 3:48 PM

Oppolence! We own everything!

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2019 3:49 PM

r15 weddings are ripoff. Keep it cheap and splurge on a downpayment for a house and the honeymoon.

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2019 3:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!