Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What have you fought the fuck back about?

A delivery man dropped off my new sofa and when I politely asked him to take it out of the shipping box and put the feet on, he snapped, "I know what the white glove service is" and then proceeded to frown and grumble the entire time.

I called the company to report his rudeness but I couldn't get a human and eventually gave up. But I fought the fuck back!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 14, 2019 8:43 PM

If you did not pay for "white glove service," then you had no right to expect it. And I suspect your haughty tone caused him to be rude right back. Are you on the autism spectrum? Have poor interpersonal skills? UN self-aware? Because 99.9 percent of the time whenever I am friendly with delivery or service people, they are nice (maybe not super nice but at least not rude) right back.

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2019 5:52 PM

I paid for it, idiot r1, which is why he did it. And I was polite to him. Why do you assume that I had a rude tone and that the delivery person wasn't just a disgruntled asshole? Is it because of your anal warts?

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2019 5:55 PM

I assume that you had a rude tone because the title of your victim fucker post is "What have you fought the fuck back about?" FOUGHT BACK? Oh, you delicate flower. Is the world a "fight" to you? You also must not be very physically attractive because delivery people are always nice to handsome men.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2019 6:02 PM

R3 you are as dense as you are condescending. It's not a good combination.

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2019 6:03 PM

You should have offered the delivery fellow some iced tea and fellatio, dear. You simply aren't a welcoming host and his rather gruff response is indicates this.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2019 6:08 PM

Write your congressman. Call the local news. Stomp your feet while at it. This type of behavior is unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2019 6:09 PM

Until he pulls out the invoice and asks you to sign, a delivery guy isn't going anywhere. What made you believe that he was about to leave you with the sofa still in the box?

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2019 6:13 PM

I think I've already fought the fuck back enough by posting but to help R1 get it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2019 6:13 PM

I coudn't care less about the topic. Can we just have a thread about the Guy in OP's pic ? I want him inside me quite, quite deep

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2019 6:17 PM

OP, what this story needed was the delivery man calling you some names, tying you up with some handy twine, and smacking you around. And then you admit that you haven't called police.

You would've made your Jussie connection while also giving many DL fantasists something to touch themselves over.

1/10 - try harder next time.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2019 6:22 PM

R10 I fought the fuck back enough by attempting to call and report the rude deliveryman. What am I, Jussie Smollett? I'm no gay Tupac!

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2019 6:24 PM

Do you have a “I need to speak to your manager” haircut, OP?

You should have asked for his supervisor’s name and number and called right then so he could hear you.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2019 6:36 PM

I'm exhausted from fighting the fuck back by throwing away these sausages that just got recalled because they had plastic in them. I should probably ask for a refund but that would be a lot of extra fighting the fuck back that frankly I don't have time to deal with right now, okay?

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2019 6:38 PM

Back to OP's pic please.. Who is that and can we see him naked where ?

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2019 6:39 PM

You the man, Miss OP Gurl!

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2019 6:40 PM

Wow, I thought the BRF threads were crazy...

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2019 6:40 PM

Quit being a cunt over a 30 dollar pissed on clearance couch from Big Lots, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2019 6:42 PM

It's Scott Adkins, actoíre:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2019 6:43 PM

[quote] [R10] I fought the fuck back enough by attempting to call and report the rude deliveryman.

You "fought the fuck back" by [italic]failing[/italic] to actually report him?

You go, Rosa Parks!!!

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2019 6:45 PM

R19 I am so exhausted from fighting the fuck back! How do you fight the fuck back??

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2019 6:47 PM

They NEVER install the sofas OP. It's off their prerogative for safety reasons. Their job is to deliver the fucking thing, and yours is to unpack and put the feet into it. He was on fact being nice to you and went out of his way to help. Thanks R18. More of him please. OP, the least you can do is call back and apologize

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2019 6:47 PM

You're not fighting the fuck back if you can't even successfully reach the complaints department, dear.

Try again.

by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2019 6:48 PM

Scott Adkins fought the fuck back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 3, 2019 6:49 PM

R21 even the delivery man knew what the White Glove service is! They unpack it, assemble anything that needs assembling, place it, and remove any packaging material.

by Anonymousreply 24June 3, 2019 6:50 PM

How is that man not a Hollywood superstar ???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 3, 2019 6:56 PM

OP, maybe look into various threads where other insane posters swear vengeance against various other humans for things like: taking their parking space, having a hot tub installed, breaking up with them, not giving the correct change, or an ex dating an upgrade.

Dont be put off by the fact that they're all ridiculous, miserable and are alone because of it. Those posters are your tribe, OP!

by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2019 7:00 PM

I know that I won't back down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 3, 2019 7:10 PM

This guy did it right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 3, 2019 7:26 PM

OP, I want you to get up right now. Sit up. Go to your window. Open it up and stick your head out and yell – ‘I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’

Things have got to change. But first, you’ve gotta get mad!…You’ve got to say, ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Then we’ll figure out what to do about the couch and the feet and the rude delivery man. But first, get up out of your chair, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: [bold]‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 29June 3, 2019 8:51 PM

R29 would you marry me when I can stop laughing ?

by Anonymousreply 30June 3, 2019 9:04 PM

Keep on attempting to fight the good fight, OP!

by Anonymousreply 31June 3, 2019 9:07 PM

r29 you sound like you've been in AA!

by Anonymousreply 32June 3, 2019 9:37 PM

As they used to say in my junior high school, What do you want? A medal? Or a chest to pin it on?

by Anonymousreply 33June 3, 2019 9:40 PM

r33 have you never fought the fuck back?

by Anonymousreply 34June 3, 2019 9:50 PM

Didn’t Sophia’a friend have a problem at the grocery story returning a lamb chop?

When she got it home, the bottom was all fat.

I believe Sophia acted as counsel and got justice in the end.

by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2019 2:12 AM

Not one, I get TWO SCOOPS.

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2019 2:16 AM

The problem is, most delivery people no longer actually work for the stores where people are buying their products. Everything these days is outsourced and that includes using 'freelance'/contract delivery services.

Corporations are killing each and every one of us. These corporations don't want to pay decent salaries, health insurance and pensions, so many companies now use contract workers and freelancers.

I had an extremely rude Russian refuse to help me with a refrigerator which he delivered. I explained that the 'feet' had to be correctly balanced etc. Yet he refused. At first he acted as if he barely spoke English, he understood everything I asked him!

When I paid the extra $50 delivery fee, the person I bought the fridge from at the appliance store said, "Sure, the delivery man will help you balance the fridge, just ask him." Which, of course, was total bullshit because the clerk knew full well the store uses freelance delivery people, he had no clue 'who' was doing deliveries that day! I forgot if this was the fridge I bought from PC Richards or Best Buy. If you shop in either fo this stores and need something to be delivered, make sure to ask what the policy is re delivery people helping with the appliance.

I had to wait until my partner came home to tilt the fridge so I could balance it correctly.

by Anonymousreply 37June 4, 2019 2:27 AM

R37, but I'll bet it was worth it for your partner to watch you tilt that fridge.

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2019 2:50 AM

Op, you're just another miserable "get me the manager!" cunt.

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2019 2:51 AM

On the front lines of our civilization, the people that fight back in 2019! He did not put the legs on the couch! My refrigerator was not leveled properly!

by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2019 2:56 AM

R39 I fought the fuck back! And I wanted that deliveryman fired for his rudeness! They got the message after I waited on hold a few minutes and hung up. I like to think my calling tied up an important phone line and kept a big order from going to them.

by Anonymousreply 41June 4, 2019 4:46 AM

[quote]What have you fought the fuck back about?

Wiping back to front?

by Anonymousreply 42June 4, 2019 5:08 AM

I sued a bitch who tried to ruin my career. Now she has to explain a fraud case that she was a defendant in. SOL ran, but hey I fought the fuck back.

by Anonymousreply 43June 4, 2019 7:39 AM

Thank you R37 that was hilarious...

by Anonymousreply 44June 4, 2019 8:32 AM

R44, "Hilarious", but fucking true. And no, the Russian delivery guy was not 'hot'.

by Anonymousreply 45June 4, 2019 10:08 AM

My partner's funeral.

Evangelical Latin family, the pastor was his cousin. At the service the night before the burial he spoke of his cousin straying from the path of righteousness yada yada yada. It was in Spanish but I understood what was being said. Next morning I met and pulled him aside, read him the riot act and promised I would kick him into the grave and drop the casket on him if he bad mouthed my boy. I stood arm's length from him, looking him in the eye, and he praised his cousin to the skies.

by Anonymousreply 46June 4, 2019 10:19 AM

R25 Pretty sure it’s because he’s not a great actor. At least he knows where he excels--those shitty, straight to DVD action movies that I look down on in public--but watch EVERY chance that I get.

Also, probably NOT a great idea to complain about a person who not only knows where you live, OP but knows the layout of your house.

Jus sayin’

by Anonymousreply 47June 4, 2019 12:18 PM

Wow. Go you.

I guess the struggle IS fucking real after all.

by Anonymousreply 48June 4, 2019 12:27 PM

OP you need to march your ass right down to that furniture store and give them a piece of your mind. Refuse to leave until you get satisfaction, raise a big stink and let them know you refuse to be treated with such a low level of respect. Let us know how it goes. You will not be disrespected.

by Anonymousreply 49June 4, 2019 1:09 PM

What have YOU fought the fuck back about today?!

by Anonymousreply 50June 13, 2019 6:04 PM

Every time they get my Starbucks order wrong I’m proud to say I fought the fuck back! I like how they make you new drinks with minimal spit if you eyeball them thru the drive thru. And let’s be real, every time they get my fast food order wrong I also fight the fuck back! I said HONEY MUSTARD bitches. Don’t be forgetting.

by Anonymousreply 51June 13, 2019 6:16 PM

I will RUIN your drive through order times.

by Anonymousreply 52June 13, 2019 6:18 PM

I fight for my Motivo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 13, 2019 6:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 13, 2019 8:12 PM

MADAME X will fight the fuck back for you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 13, 2019 8:15 PM

Did you think, OP, that you did the most annoying thing that thing that one can do:

Asking someone to do something when they're about to or already in the process of doing it.

by Anonymousreply 56June 13, 2019 8:33 PM

r56 oh, he wasn't about to do it, that was why it was mentioned - he was in the process of dropping the box off and leaving without even taking the sofa out of the box.

by Anonymousreply 57June 14, 2019 3:25 AM

Op, you don't know what pain is. I did work on an elderly relative's home last year so we could sell it for them so he can pay the exorbitant costs of elder care.

When I had a stove installed they gouged the counter top. When I had the refrigerator installed they gauged the vinyl flooring. When I had a leak from a solar light in the ceiling repaired, along with drywall it damaged, it leaked after the first rain and I had to hire a new guy to properly fix the leak and another guy to repair and paint the drywall again. I did a lot of the work on the house myself but did not have the time to do it all.

I fought and fought and fought with no result except saying they'd be out twice and showed up once, took photos that they lost, and other such incompetent nonsense. Then they gave me dates for repair (two different companies and delivery persons) far outside of my timeline. I had to get the home on the market and could not afford to wait another month just to see them screw up again.

So I fixed the damage myself. It wasn't that hard and I did a nice job. Very proud of myself about that. I also live in an area heavily damaged by wild fires almost two years ago. The rebuilding nightmares would make your heart ache. Count your blessings.

That said, I'm happy to hear the workman unpacked your sofa and put on the feet. Now, I hope your're thoroughly enjoying your new furniture.

by Anonymousreply 58June 14, 2019 3:44 AM

I'm fighting the fuck back with this bump!

by Anonymousreply 59June 14, 2019 7:47 PM

Gangsta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 14, 2019 8:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!