Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Parliament cigarettes

Did anyone who was not a cokehead ever smoke these? I recall frequently seeing photos of Lindsay Lohan carrying packs of them around, and I always assumed it was because the recessed filters made it easy to use them as cocaine bumps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 2, 2019 2:53 AM

Plenty of smokers smoke this brand. If you are going to smoke - it's the best out there (I quite 8 years ago, but when I was young and a smoker - this was the only brand for me). Funny reference to the the cocaine bumping! I have never seen that, but I suppose that it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 1June 1, 2019 9:47 AM

R1, when I was a regular smoker I went through a phase with them but they have an odd taste. They have charcoal in the filters which is another unusual feature. If you take apart the filters, you can see/feel all the bits of charcoal.

by Anonymousreply 2June 1, 2019 9:52 AM

[quote] the recessed filters made it easy to use them as cocaine bumps.

Which would explain Charlie Sheen's dedication to Parliament cigarettes. How did Carrie Fisher not also do a commercial ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 1, 2019 9:57 AM

More of Charlie promoting Parliaments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 1, 2019 10:07 AM

Look at him, so young, back when he had potential to be a decent actor. [Even if not a decent human] He must have dementia by now. What a waste. Then again, he is a ped, so fuck him and his coke/meth psychosis.

by Anonymousreply 5June 1, 2019 10:17 AM

[quote][R1], when I was a regular smoker I went through a phase with them but they have an odd taste.

I thought the same thing, r2. I quit smoking a long time ago, but I used to love True Blues and Kents. I think that really dates me.

by Anonymousreply 6June 1, 2019 10:40 AM

American spirit cigarettes are better. They have no extra chemicals. Just tobacco.

by Anonymousreply 7June 1, 2019 10:40 AM

What I remember about Parliaments is that you can bite down on the filter without damaging it.

by Anonymousreply 8June 1, 2019 10:44 AM

i dont see people smoke cigarettes anymore, excluding obvious down and out types. i see the vaping and smell the weedheads.

by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2019 12:34 PM

Parliaments are THE cig in the Northeast amongst upper-middle class whites who still smoke. They're not all that popular elsewhere in the country.

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2019 1:17 PM

"Oh Brenda, a little wine won't hurt the baby. When I was your age we sat on our ass for nine months and smoked Parliaments. Today you can't even brie."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2019 1:28 PM

^^^have brie.

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2019 1:31 PM

Parliaments were my favorite when I used to smoke. In NYC in the 90s and 00s, it seemed like everybody smoked either Parliaments or Marlboro Lights.

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2019 3:16 PM

Definitely a northeast thing, especially NYC, as R10 noted. I did not like them for the reason R2 said. I had a pack-a-day habit for thirty years, and always went back to Marlboro Red in the box. American made, not those made abroad. They had the perfect draw and taste. When I lived abroad and Marlboros were taxed too heavily to be affordable, I smoked Prince, which had more nicotine and tar than Marlboro Red and an amazing taste. But they were hard to find in the US. I absolutely loved smoking, it was one of my favorite things. But I quit cold turkey four years ago this month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2019 3:28 PM

"Every Parliament gives you...extra margins!

Parliament gives you....extra margins!

You're smoking neat, you're smoking clean

Smoke Parliaments today!!"

by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2019 3:37 PM

Nonsmoker and I never heard of the stuff but looking it up I see Prince can be ordered for delivery in the US $72 for two cartons.

The carbon monoxide measure is a new one on me, How long have they been doing that.

(Tar 10 mg, Nicotine 0.9 mg, Carbon Monoxide 10 mg)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2019 3:38 PM

I am not a smoker but when I dabbled, if I was out drinking or flirting with a smoker I wanted to kiss, I'd smoke Parliament and loved the flavor. Fucked me up good because I'd smoke a couple in a row. Mmm. Takes me back to my wilder years.

I detest the smell of American Spirits. I wonder what it is, since it's supposed to be pure. Something about the smell, especially the blue box, made me furious and testy, and I mean if someone else smoked it near me.

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2019 3:42 PM

R16 If they're selling Prince for $72/2 cartons, they are likely counterfeit cigarettes, usually made in Romania or China.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2019 3:43 PM

I quit and I still miss it. Loved Parliaments. If I could get a 100% guarantee that smoking would never make me sick, I would start up again in a NY minute and everybody could just go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2019 3:58 PM

I am from the Pacific Northwest and have noticed that Parliament cigarettes were/are especially popular among Russians. I have no idea why.

by Anonymousreply 20June 1, 2019 8:59 PM

I always assumed these were the preferred smoke for DLers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 2, 2019 2:52 AM

No -- these are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 2, 2019 2:53 AM

"The mildness I DEMAND, bitch!"

by Anonymousreply 23June 2, 2019 2:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!