Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The hypocrisy of the left.

A well written article that’s articulates the hypocrisy of the left. The shut down of debate, the physical attacks on those they disagree with. Yet they paint the right as the evil ones. I totally believe these people represent an alt left.

I’ve voted left /labour all my life but even I’m getting tired of this shit. Luckily in Nz our major right wing party is extremely moderate by international standards so it’s ok if they’re in power.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 2, 2019 1:48 PM

The biggest problem of our day is the assumption that the desire to discuss the validity of an idea, means an automatic alliance with an ideology. That's a problem across the board. Just because someone wants to understand how someone becomes a Nazi, that doesn't mean they're looking for instructions on how to be a Nazi, lol.

This HAS to have something to do with brain blindness because of technology. The tiny, subtle social cues that you pick up on in face to face interactions with other human beings, actually seem to be more important than we ever gave them credit for. We forget that humans have spent many, many centuries developing this ability to subtly read each other in the tiny parts of human interaction. I'm worried a siazable portion of humanity losing it because we're not using it.

by Anonymousreply 1May 29, 2019 10:38 AM

R1 It's like we speak in search engine results not dialogue. It reminds me of that commercial that was on a couple of years ago, with people running down a list of search engine results, rather than actually having a conversation.

The point of the commercial was to direct people to a search engine that allegedly gave more tailored results but it reminds me of how people "debate" these days. There's no Socratic logic removed from emotion for the sake of debate, just emotional bumper sticker prattling to convert.

by Anonymousreply 2May 29, 2019 10:42 AM

R2 was an extension on what I wrote in R1.

by Anonymousreply 3May 29, 2019 10:44 AM

I am a dyed-in-the-wool liberal. Pro-choice. 2nd wave feminist. Pro gun control. Pro universal healthcare. Pro immigrant. Believe in affordable education. Pro investigating in infrastructure. Pro gay marriage. I believe mega wealthy people and corporations should be regulated as fuck and pay their fair share of taxes. Believe in heavy environmental regulations. On and on.

I despise Trump and have never/would never vote Republican.

But because I don't support trans ideology, I am frequently called a right wing Trump supporter.

The lack of ability to see subtlety or nuance astounds me.

by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2019 10:45 AM

If you even attempt to understand the other side or study a topic beyond shallow memes, you are under suspicion of conservatism. That is annoying.

The narrow-mindedness isn't everyone, but there are a lot of loud narrow-minded people right now.

It seems larger than individual choice though, more a societal shift. Is there evidence it is based on tech sound bytes?

by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2019 10:50 AM

R4 I think to myself: "Why is society having all these communication problems now, yet as recent as the late 90's, early 2000's, we weren't?"

The biggest change that has happened to humanity since, is access to handheld technology; communication technology accompanying people everywhere. It's like humans are actually losing the ability to be able to converse and the misunderstood anxiety surrounding this change is resulting in emotional meltdowns.

People are so used to "speaking" in their head and in shorthand, through technology, that they might not even realize when something is not being communicated by them, face to face with another human being. They can't understand how they're being misunderstood, when they might not even be able to recognize that a vital piece of information they "see" in their head, is not being communicated to the other person.

by Anonymousreply 6May 29, 2019 10:51 AM

In other words, when you hear people state incredulously: "Am I supposed to be telepathic?"

Kinda. Yeah, technology's imitation of telepathy has made things this way. You DO need to be telepathic for some of these misunderstandings to ever be resolved. That's an impossible bar to reach.

by Anonymousreply 7May 29, 2019 10:54 AM

Two sides of the same coin.

by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2019 11:00 AM

It's always easier to retreat into ideological bullet-points than to think. We are living in a time when the old orthodoxies on the left and the right are failing, hence the rise of populism.

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2019 11:03 AM

[quote]But because I don't support trans ideology, I am frequently called a right wing Trump supporter.

Those gurls throw insults around, willy nilly.

They need to THINK before they talk.

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2019 11:04 AM

Thanks you for posting this excellent show of what is wrong with the liberals in America, whom are not really Americans. OP, you are truly patriotic American for showing on this site that liberals are the enemy of America. Thanks you for being so much for your country and the good.

I too am patriotic American who is not liberal like the president Obama who was from Kenya.

by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2019 11:07 AM

Professors lament not even being able to freely discuss ideas without the risk of losing their jobs over offending someone.

Why wasn't this a problem with young people in the past? This generation of young people are the first to grow-up completely immersed in alternative communication technology. Many can't seem to understand why others simply don't understand their inner world and they can't understand that if you want to get more information about someone else's inner world, you need to ask them about it and listen.

Just because your Professor is discussing HOW slavery happens, that doesn't mean they are a supporter of slavery.

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2019 11:11 AM

I can't believe we've gotten to twelve posts without an accusation of Boris.

by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2019 11:16 AM

See...the Right loses the hypocrisy argument every time because their representatives are vile, obstructionists obsessed with a book that they hide behind to dictate and oppress. Sure there are fringe left groups--like 1 or two--that make up the characteristics of what the right wing considers hypocritical, but EVERY right-wing group upholds MOST--if not all--of the oppressive qualities that the others hold up. Also, as constitutional as the Right claims to be, they don't seem to TRULY understand it or how it applies in real life.

by Anonymousreply 14May 29, 2019 11:18 AM

Also, unlike in the organic world, online you can quickly cut someone out of your vision and life that you dislike.

You don't have to look at or listen to them. In the organic world, people you unlike can vote, shop at the grocery store and go to the post office where you're likely to come in contact with different people, so if you do all your business online, only eat at certain places, curate specific interests and only interact with people you like online and through texts, it can be a shock to come up against someone with a completely different worldview than you while interacting in the organic world. You don't even have to have an awkward conversation at a cocktail party or have an artistic argument with someone in a movie line because people don't socialize like they used to.

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2019 11:18 AM

[quote]I can't believe we've gotten to twelve posts without an accusation of Boris.

See R11

by Anonymousreply 16May 29, 2019 11:19 AM

[quote]I’ve voted left /labour all my life

Sure you have...sure.

by Anonymousreply 17May 29, 2019 11:19 AM

I have completely had it with identity politics hijacking everything. However I’m intrigued by what will happen next. My guess is the track we’re on now: a further narrowing of debate free speech, and free thinking, and social fragmentation, to the point society and individuals are perceived as incapable of self-regulation, and govt- big biz do it for them. Sort of China with faux democracy.

by Anonymousreply 18May 29, 2019 11:20 AM

Think about someone whose parents have never challenged their thinking, who grows up only interacting with neighborhood children through controlled clubs and because of technology, a technology they have known their entire life (and have known nothing else), they get to choose exactly what programs they want to watch and when they want to watch them, they never have to negotiate on a sports field because every activity is controlled by adults and their agendas, you go to high school and interact with peers almost purely through texts, you go online and can create a little world entirely tailored to you and your interests and then...

You go to college, have to start doing your own errands and your professor asks you critical questions about the little world you have created. Suddenly, you have to deal with the guy standing in line with a Trump cap or Bernie shirt on and you have no primer to even know how to handle this personal culture shock.

by Anonymousreply 19May 29, 2019 11:24 AM

R18 That's the end game: Removal of personal liberty and power. The culprits are unified globally. And people think this is a "Right vs. Left" thing.

by Anonymousreply 20May 29, 2019 11:26 AM

OP, you are naively chewing over a topic that has been handled many times by more intelligent people than yourself. You are also long-winded and dull.

by Anonymousreply 21May 29, 2019 11:29 AM

[quote] I’ve voted left /labour all my life

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 29, 2019 11:59 AM

Ultragenius R21 thinks OP wrote the linked article.

by Anonymousreply 23May 29, 2019 12:13 PM

[quote] Sure there are fringe left groups--like 1 or two--that make up the characteristics of what the right wing considers hypocritical

Oh, wake up, R14. Almost all parties of major big countries are hypocritical to the core - if not in domestic politics, than in foreign politics. Like accepting Nobel Peace prizes and then merrily carpet-bombing a foreign city on a faraway continent “in the name of peace” and “liberating” the people.

I’m surprised it took so long for people to realise that politicians tend to be hypocritical or even psychopathic in general. Just like CEOs. You usually don’t make it to the top of the Establishment pyramid by being a “nice, honest, healthily self-critical guy”.

by Anonymousreply 24May 29, 2019 12:13 PM

R14's argument is " I am right, you are wrong. End of discussion. Blocked."

by Anonymousreply 25May 29, 2019 12:18 PM

99% of attacks on free speech come from the right, where they've always come from.

by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2019 12:21 PM

R17/R22 is exactly what I was talking about.

"You must agree with me totally on 100% of all issues or else you must secretly be a Trump supporter/Russian bot!"

No intellectual curiosity whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 27May 29, 2019 12:31 PM

R26 hasn't been on a college campus lately.

by Anonymousreply 28May 29, 2019 12:33 PM

Shut the fuck up, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 29May 29, 2019 12:37 PM

Right wingers are banning abortion, separating kids from their families, losing/raping those kids, destroying public education, and giving tax breaks to the ultra wealthy on the backs of working people, but oh, yes, let’s have a thread on a gay website about “the hypocrisy of the left.”

The irony is off the charts. GTFOOH with this trolling. No, really, this is a gay website with a liberal bent, always has been. You don’t belong here so GET THE FUCK OUT.

by Anonymousreply 30May 29, 2019 12:40 PM

I've seen enough of the new generation to know they are being mislabeled as liberal.

by Anonymousreply 31May 29, 2019 12:40 PM

Which makes sense. Kids are really a reflection of their parents, both for good and ill.

by Anonymousreply 32May 29, 2019 12:41 PM

F&F R29.

I'm on the far left of every damn issue except trans, and have only ever voted for Democrats.

So sick of this shit.

And calling people "Boris/Natasha" is neither funny nor clever, hunty.

by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2019 12:41 PM

Sorry OP. Still think Trump is a shitty president and the Republicans are corrupt to the core.

by Anonymousreply 34May 29, 2019 12:47 PM

Yeah, nothing beats the right in terms of venal corruption.

by Anonymousreply 35May 29, 2019 12:48 PM

Fine people on both sides, OP., tell Steven miller hello for me.

by Anonymousreply 36May 29, 2019 12:50 PM

What the actual fuck is all this right-wing bullshit at the top of this thread? How few posters do I have to block to make most of this nonsense disappear?

by Anonymousreply 37May 29, 2019 12:51 PM

[quote] And calling people "Boris/Natasha" is neither funny nor clever, hunty.

But calling people "Hunty" is funny, clever, AND original.

by Anonymousreply 38May 29, 2019 12:52 PM

These discussions are pointless , started by single issue nutters so they can , yet again, air their tired prejudices. The vast majority here are genuinely liberal and not prejudiced, hence your frustration at not being 'heard'. We've heard you, many, many times, you lot drone on about this shit daily, so you have no claim in being shut down, you have bored everyone numb with it. Anyone claiming to be of the left, who wants understanding for right wing thinking and bashes 'lefties' is a fraud or delusional and should join the right as it represents their values better. Please don't bother with your 'gays off the roof' and other tropes you weirdos trot out, it's dull bullshit and as tedious as the Boris stuff you loathe so much.. You'll have to be content with the self-congratulation you dish out between your few selves as it's been proven time and again you are just an ugly minority here.

by Anonymousreply 39May 29, 2019 12:53 PM

r30, no one is saying the right wing isn't horrible, or even [italic]more[/italic] horrible, but the alt-left has chosen some horrible stances of their own to beat the shit out of gays with. Datalounge is not alt-left, however.

by Anonymousreply 40May 29, 2019 12:55 PM

Plot Twist: Right and left are both hypocritical! Its just the right doesn't want to spend money on the working class and poor.

by Anonymousreply 41May 29, 2019 12:55 PM

[quote] the alt-left has chosen some horrible stances of their own to beat the shit out of gays with.

Tell us all about those stances. Be specific.

[quote] Right and left are both hypocritical!

Bothsiderism. The refuge of the truly ignorant and right-wing trolls.

by Anonymousreply 42May 29, 2019 12:58 PM

R30, no one appointed you Hall Moniteress so sit back down. “Separating kids from their families” - politicians don’t really care. Remember - the government (both liberal and conservative) REFUSED to implement & ratify the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. Where were the protests when that historic failure happened (which opened the floodgates for what’s happening now)? Oh, yeah, that’s right - no one gave a fuck. It was a colossal embarrassment - basically telling the world that the government doesn’t even want to ratify an international convention to safeguard children.

Btw, the biggest problem is that there are basically only 2 power-hungry main parties and the pendulum keeps swinging between them. It’s a screwed up polar system, because it means moderate liberals have to align themselves with radical leftists or be told to join the right then.

by Anonymousreply 43May 29, 2019 12:59 PM

R40 But the Right doesn't have willing saboteurs, like you, happy to kick the left because you get your old knickers in a twist about 'PC gone mad' . Gays only have any rights because of liberal thinking but you are willing to shit on that.

by Anonymousreply 44May 29, 2019 1:01 PM

Will the tears never cease?

by Anonymousreply 45May 29, 2019 1:02 PM

[quote]Tell us all about those stances. Be specific.

The transing of children. Thinking this is right and espousing it are enough, really.

T taking over formerly G and L organizations and publications, and not giving a visible shit about G and L.

by Anonymousreply 46May 29, 2019 1:03 PM

The world is a rotten place R43 no argument, but right wing thinking makes it worse.

by Anonymousreply 47May 29, 2019 1:03 PM

Riiiiight, r44. Gays only have rights now because of the courageous actions of those brave trans. Sorry, only in your revised-for-the-21st-century Stonewall story.

by Anonymousreply 48May 29, 2019 1:05 PM

Your choice is obvious R46 You have right wing attitudes, you'll enjoy their company more, you have no hope of changing minds here, they agree with you already.

by Anonymousreply 49May 29, 2019 1:06 PM

The DL has taught me that British and Canadian lesbians are obsessive and on the spectrum

by Anonymousreply 50May 29, 2019 1:07 PM

I fell out with the Left years ago over the abominable treatment given to the child victims of Rotherham. Working class girls being booed on the BBC for calling out the rapists UK labour people like Sarah Champion being forced out for calling attention to the rapes while another Labour woman retweeted that the girls should shut up with no punishment. I suppose it was a precursor to the trans controversies of today bulldozing the rights of females wherever they conflict with Leftie pet causes whether they're Pakistani male muslims or autogynephilic transwoman.

by Anonymousreply 51May 29, 2019 1:07 PM

Because of brave liberals R48 You are obsessed with trans, it's the excuse for this thread, as with so many others, but you are an ugly minority here, if you want back slapping congratulations for your thinking you should air it in a more right wing environment, they'll love it and you, you are pissing in the wind here.

by Anonymousreply 52May 29, 2019 1:09 PM

No, r49. You are wrong. On every other issue, I am a liberal. I have never voted anything but democrat in my life. I can't imagine separating children from their families. What r4 said is what I believe in.

Not loving T does not make me alt-right, no matter how much you want it to.

by Anonymousreply 53May 29, 2019 1:09 PM

Just stating the obvious R53 you have an obsessive interest in Trans issues, it seems paramount to you especially if you are prepared to give up on a lifetime's liberal thinking because of it.

by Anonymousreply 54May 29, 2019 1:11 PM

I think you're the one obsessd with trans r54 ;) I'm just sad women's rights are being tossed into the shit river over issues lefties do not understand at all.

by Anonymousreply 55May 29, 2019 1:15 PM

No Righty R55 You are a reactionary bore, obsessed the the T, I don't believe you give a fuck about women's rights, they are just lower down your hate list than the dreaded Trans, you are hopelessly transparent and your kind is always given short shrift .

by Anonymousreply 56May 29, 2019 1:18 PM

Easy question r56 . Given most women are viscerally uncomfortable with strangers' dicks for good reason why should women and girls be exposed to dick in the changing room?

by Anonymousreply 57May 29, 2019 1:20 PM

I don't have an "obsessive interest," r54. Someone asked me to "be specific."

BTW, you're talking to at least two different people. I am not r55.

by Anonymousreply 58May 29, 2019 1:20 PM

Easy answer R56 you're a Dick, your tired right wing bullshit has no purchase here. R54 You share the same ugly attitude so it's not worth addressing you differently, your specifics just happen to Trans based and is also your stated reason for being disillusioned with 'lefties;' that constitutes a great interest, which can be interpreted as an obsession especially if you are prepared to change your life over it.

by Anonymousreply 59May 29, 2019 1:29 PM

It's funny I never noticed DL being particularly trans supportive.

by Anonymousreply 60May 29, 2019 1:31 PM

How liberal is “liberal thinking”? Personally, I’d support a Scandinavia-model welfare system for all, but I suspect I’d be yelled at as “too leftist socialist” by most centrist “liberals” who don’t give as many fucks about the poor and unemployed as they do about sex-related issues.

Also, I support the abolition of criminal prosecutions for consensual “bigamy” (e.g. 3 guys building a life together). But apparently most liberals are fine with voluntary bigamy (that’s not even harming anyone) being punished as a felony and the persons being slapped with a criminal record for life. Because apparently only 2 people can marry, in a public display of monogamy - because the Bible’s last edition said so, 2000+ years ago!

by Anonymousreply 61May 29, 2019 1:32 PM

From The Perils of Diversity: Immigration and Human Nature by Byron M. Roth circa 2010 Byron M. Roth, page 52:

“Not surprisingly, the multicultural program these elites promote is, by its very nature, profoundly undemocratic, in that it imposes changes on society that citizens most assuredly do not want and which they resist when given the opportunity to do so. Hence the extraordinary repression of dissent in the immigration debate and the totalitarian imposition of political correctness wherever elites have power, such as in American universities and in most European political parties. Nobel Prize winning novelist Doris Lessing, no enemy of the left, argued in a 1992 article that political correctness is ‘immediately evident as a legacy of Communism… a continuation of that old bully, the Party line.’ She argues: ‘millions of people, the rug of Communism pulled out from under them, are searching frantically, and perhaps not even knowing it, for another dogma.’ They are rabble-rousers are using the ‘most dirty and often cruel tactics’ and are ‘no less rabble-rousers because they see themselves as anti-racists or feminists or whatever.’ It is difficult to disagree with Lessing that the totalitarian methods and utopian ambitions of multiculturalism clearly have their roots in Communist ideology. The multicultural program is, to be sure, spectacularly utopian.”

Eggpoacher at 3:15 PM November 18, 2013

by Anonymousreply 62May 29, 2019 1:34 PM

You had us at 'Elites' R62

by Anonymousreply 63May 29, 2019 1:35 PM

As if to prove the point, OP's post, which is not in any way insulting, abusive or even confrontational, gets greayed because so many DLers can't handle any hint of a minority view.

by Anonymousreply 64May 29, 2019 1:36 PM

With all those liberal credentials R61, doesn't it give you pause for though to be shoulder to shoulder with the very right wing on T issues?

by Anonymousreply 65May 29, 2019 1:37 PM

It proves the point you are an ugly minority here R64 suck it up.

by Anonymousreply 66May 29, 2019 1:38 PM

R42, well prove the statement wrong. You can't. Both sides are hypocrites. Your knee-jerk response only proved you truly uneducated. Lol. Come back when your can be less r emotional and think cleary. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 67May 29, 2019 1:39 PM

Oh, of course. It's another thread full of anti-trans bigots. I might have known.

by Anonymousreply 68May 29, 2019 1:39 PM

Just another misdirection, intended to make people think the trans movement is from the left when it was started, funded, and sustained by the right. It was certainly no leftie that decided being a woman was about pink dresses.

by Anonymousreply 69May 29, 2019 1:42 PM

With a bit of anti-diversity and anti-immigrant thrown in R68, all the right wing hits, and yet so many here are claiming liberal credentials, what a joke.

by Anonymousreply 70May 29, 2019 1:42 PM

[quote]I have never voted anything but democrat in my life.

I see shit like this posted on Facebook all the time.

"I've voted Democrat my whole life but in 2020 I'm voting Trump!"

Then you click on their profile and their likes include Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney, Breitbart, Ben Shapiro, etc...

So transparent and easy to see their bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 71May 29, 2019 1:42 PM

R71. There are democrats voters that voted for trump. I am just trying to debunk this notion that people did not vote for the opposition party.

by Anonymousreply 72May 29, 2019 1:45 PM

R72 Is your only post, where are you trying to debunk anything?

by Anonymousreply 73May 29, 2019 1:48 PM

OP just ignore these flyover gays who post on the first person plural “we don’t like that here!l or think they speak for the entire DL.

DL is a GAY GOSSIP site.

These “limited” posters don’t understand that GAY GOSSIP does not equate to a political ideology.

Ergo there will be people on both sides of various issues on the DL. Esp the big T debate.

Unfortunately their little brains can’t deal with this and they start shrieking and aging hall monitor.

Sad.

But don’t worry. Those with at least average intelligence understand your point.

by Anonymousreply 74May 29, 2019 1:59 PM

Oh the irony, the thread is grayed and you can't see the link of OP.

I don't see why we can discuss the subject " what's wrong with us" without the juvenile memes "sure Jan", calling others bigots or Trumpians like argument " whatabout the right". You are just proving OP point.

by Anonymousreply 75May 29, 2019 2:02 PM

Because we know you aren’t actually one of ‘us’

by Anonymousreply 76May 29, 2019 2:05 PM

It is no accident that this Golden Age of Multiculturalism is also the Golden Age of Bullying.

by Anonymousreply 77May 29, 2019 2:05 PM

I hate bullying, so I’m a lifelong Democrat supporting Dump 2020!

by Anonymousreply 78May 29, 2019 2:07 PM

R77 Then get the message and fuck off somewhere they want to hear about the 'perils of diversity' you right wing prick.

by Anonymousreply 79May 29, 2019 2:07 PM

R74 Is your only post here, you are an interloper with the same T obsession as the other losers stinking up this place. You probably scour the internet looking for these arguments on ' the big T debate'. You are most definitely not wanted here.

by Anonymousreply 80May 29, 2019 2:11 PM

R80 "not wanted here", i.e. be silenced. Standard leftist behavior.

by Anonymousreply 81May 29, 2019 2:17 PM

R80. Wow you told me !!!

This is not my only post here. You’re probably too stupid to understand how that works.

And your “witty” reply only proved my point and the OPs.

And anyone who can read would be see that I didn’t express any opinions pro or anti trans so your reply speaks way more about YOU Zandi your obsessions

Stupidity really is a bore.

by Anonymousreply 82May 29, 2019 2:17 PM

Bullshit = Standard Rightist behavior -= R81 . You are a shit-stirring fraud R82 you don't fool anyone here, this shitty thread is greyed out for a reason, you and your kind are a rancid minority, suck it up.

by Anonymousreply 83May 29, 2019 2:20 PM

r79 proves the point of left wing bullies and their hypocrisy

by Anonymousreply 84May 29, 2019 2:21 PM

R83 your posts don’t even make sense.

“You’re a fraud”

I’m really shocked at how stupid you are. You’re just posting words that mean anything.

Here’s a hint to help you: you can’t be a fraud when you haven’t actually made any claims.

by Anonymousreply 85May 29, 2019 2:22 PM

So you should scurry of to your natural right wing home R84

by Anonymousreply 86May 29, 2019 2:22 PM

R86 should read 'off' as in fuck off

by Anonymousreply 87May 29, 2019 2:23 PM

What are you going to do, r87? Ejaculate on my sister?

by Anonymousreply 88May 29, 2019 2:27 PM

R85 you are a shit stirrer, the 'debate' you encourage is bullshit, the 'T' debate is endlessly forced here and there are always 'concerned' citizens like you fearful for the survival of civilization because debate on T issues is stifled ( according to you ) but we've heard all the shit you have and it has been dealt with, many, many, many times. As I said you fool no-one, check trolldar and see your only posts are on this subject.

by Anonymousreply 89May 29, 2019 2:28 PM

Even mentioning the debate without taking sides is apparently too much for R89 to handle.

How pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 90May 29, 2019 2:31 PM

R88 No thanks. Is that a right wing thing? sounds like it, but don't fuck her in Alabama will you, she will be forced to have your baby and it will have inbreeding problems in addition to your egregious genes,

by Anonymousreply 91May 29, 2019 2:32 PM

Plus you’re lying now too.

First you said I have no posting history.

Now you’re saying I only posted about trans.

Meanwhile my most recent posts have been abkut Aaron Schock and the stupid wedding of Bee and Shark.

I’d say “nice try” but your attempts are so pathetic there actually not even deserving of that.

by Anonymousreply 92May 29, 2019 2:34 PM

R92 Trolldar says otherwise, your posting history is entirely on this thread and when I first commented it was on your debut. You are a reactionary dullard, your obsession is not shared here as evidenced by this thread being greyed out, your T 'debate' is as stale as you are and is of no interest except to other reactionaries like your dull self.

by Anonymousreply 93May 29, 2019 2:40 PM

And another DL post degrades into finger-pointing insanity....

by Anonymousreply 94May 29, 2019 2:42 PM

R93. Again you’re now just contradicting yourself. And anyone who actually knows how to use trolldar will see that you are lying.

by Anonymousreply 95May 29, 2019 2:47 PM

How could a shitty thread like this be anything else R94? As for gormless R95 your trolling is inferior, your attempts to goad into debating about your T obsession are very poor, enjoy your greyed out thread and know you are very much in the minority here.

by Anonymousreply 96May 29, 2019 2:51 PM

There is no "alt left" lol. You right wingers ALWAYS give yourselves away. Always. So easily blocked.

by Anonymousreply 97May 29, 2019 2:56 PM

[quote] “millions of people, the rug of Communism pulled out from under them, are searching ... for a new dogma”

Off-topic, but I’d like to engage with the interesting quote at R62. When has the North American continent ever had “the rug of Communism” pulled out from under them? Lol, never had that rug in the first place :). The past administrations actually INVADED the Communist (Asian) continent in 1918 - to safeguard their corporate investments in that region. When that invasion failed, the former administrations proceeded to put ‘communist sympathisers’ on trial (mostly scapegoated Jews, ironically) since the 1920s and then McCarthy started his witch-hunts in the 50s.

[quote] “It is difficult to disagree with Lessing that the totalitarian methods and utopian ambitions of multiculturalism clearly have their roots in Communist ideology.”

It is not “difficult” to disagree with her at all :). Because she’s using a wrong ideological ‘parallel’. But I love how she tries to pass the blame for current (Capitalist / globalist economy) clusterfucks on administrations being “too Commie”, even though the West pretty much strangled the Commies continuously, without break, for 100 years since the 1918 “expedition” across the Pacific :)

The (historical original) Communists were “multicultural” not because of some ‘ideology’, but because they INHERITED a multicultural Empire - whole cities full of ONLY Asians in the East and North, whole Muslim semi-independent Republics in the South. They basically had multiple countries (with their own languages & religions) within one bigger union country. An Empire that sits right SMACK on the border of the European and Asian continents had to be multi-cultural by definition. Multiculturalism wasn’t their “utopian ambition”, it was their inescapable status quo.

But, ironically, Stalin (an olive-skinned Georgian who looked like a ‘brown’ Arab, a migrant from the Empire’s border region near the Muslim republics) had to change his surname - because the Communists were initially uneasy about a non-Russian Georgian-ethnic guerrilla fighter with a heavy foreign accent becoming their leader. His real surname was Ioseb Besarionis dze Jughashvili, but he knew that wouldn’t fly well with the mostly white public in the main central region. They weren’t THAT multi-cultural. It would be like an ethnic Mexican fighter with the name “Andrés Manuel López Obrador” from near the Mexican border becoming POTUS in 2020. So he changed his surname to play down his foreign roots. That’s not exactly textbook multi-culturalism :).

by Anonymousreply 98May 29, 2019 3:07 PM

[quote] When has the North American continent ever had “the rug of Communism” pulled out from under them?

It wasn't the nations of North America as a whole, but pockets of ideologues who made up for their small numbers by their bullying tactics, tactics now passed onto SJW and such.

by Anonymousreply 99May 29, 2019 3:12 PM

Humanity's problems get solved when people are able to speak and listen to each other. People need to be strong enough to endure hearing even a loathsome position and then calmly express why some solutions are not actual solutions because they're anti-human.

If we're not strong enough to handle free speech, all the old problems just come rushing back because humans fall into the same habits and respond to the same motivations. Free speech should not be up for debate; it should be universally viewed an ideal condition of a healthy society, even if some systems do not allow for it.

by Anonymousreply 100May 29, 2019 3:14 PM

Um, R99, when had “pockets of ideologues” in the US ever advocated for communal property (e.g. the abolition of private house ownership)?

I’m sorry, but I don’t think those “pockets” or their modern critics even know what the most BASIC principles of Communism were. Americans have a very individualist, entrepreneurial culture and so aren’t good at understanding the concept of “communal property ownership” in general. It’s the fundamental building block of Communism (and Native American indigenous communitarianism), but it’s such an outlandish concept to regular Americans (“What d’ya mean I can’t OWN or sell or mortgage my own house! Why should the municipal community own it?”) - that I think US citizens can’t even grasp Communist concepts or envision them.

by Anonymousreply 101May 29, 2019 3:25 PM

r101 is not sorry

by Anonymousreply 102May 29, 2019 3:47 PM

Well, I am a little bit sorry, R102 :). Sorry that I smile & chuckle whenever modern people throw labels at each other like Commie or “Marxist” or Patrician or Feudalist, etc. None of that fundamentally existed in North America - so local people are labelling each other using complex foreign concepts from faraway lands that they don’t even fully comprehend.

I once heard someone call another a “Marxist” for being too vocal about racial minorities! I was so surprised I laughed out loud. The irony is that the first person really missed the mark - Marx couldn’t give two fucks about racial minorities. He was all about the British and German working class (many of whom were white), not about “identity and diversity”. It’s just an example of (mostly the younger generations) never reading the old books by these philosophers from a century ago and throwing around ideological labels indiscriminately as slurs, without even understanding what they mean. I mean it’s cute in a way and gives me a good chuckle, but it’s also a bit silly :).

Even the Soviets didn’t call themselves Marxists. They called themselves Leninist-Marxists because they acknowledged that they went further than Marx’s own ideas about community ownership and made changes to his foundational ideology.

by Anonymousreply 103May 29, 2019 4:33 PM

[quote]Sorry that I smile & chuckle

And ejaculate

by Anonymousreply 104May 29, 2019 5:02 PM

Incorrect, R104. I ejaculate first and THEN I smile and chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 105May 29, 2019 5:07 PM

But you are not Harvey Weinstein

by Anonymousreply 106May 29, 2019 5:09 PM

How do you know I’m not?

Do I type thin?

by Anonymousreply 107May 29, 2019 5:14 PM

[quote]But you are not Harvey Weinstein

And Harvey Weinstein is not Harvey Fierstein. SFW?

by Anonymousreply 108May 29, 2019 5:17 PM

Well said r100, when I think in the word " liberal", respect for the free speech should be one priorities, but what we see now are just a bunch of "lefty bigots" entitled to tell others whats right and wrong just like the right wingers. Just watch how patetic behavior they have in this thread, insulting, blocking, mocking anyone who doesn't think exactly like them. I being liberal all my life, you don't believe me? your opinion is irrelevant, won't change who I am, what I believe or what I vote.

by Anonymousreply 109May 29, 2019 5:17 PM

[quote]But because I don't support trans ideology, I am frequently called a right wing Trump supporter.

You should probably clarify who are those who call you "a right wing Trump supporter". Without it, your statement is moot.

by Anonymousreply 110May 29, 2019 5:22 PM

R103 needs to brush up on the 20th century history of Central America and Cuba

by Anonymousreply 111May 29, 2019 6:28 PM

R111, Most North Americans know about as much about Latin America as Europeans know about the history and politics of North Africa - i.e. very little. Even though it’s just across the sea from them.

And Latin America is about as good an example of ‘communism’ as it is an example of capitalism - i.e. they managed to successfully screw up EVERY system known to man. There’s literally no country there, capitalist or socialist, that’s not overly corrupt or that managed to outperform top European or North American countries. It’s probably too much hot sun, humidity, heat and lazy siestas.

by Anonymousreply 112May 29, 2019 7:05 PM

Another link to the article from OP’s post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 29, 2019 8:04 PM

I don’t even care anymore if some people want to call me a “Trumptard” because I disagree with radical trans activism. Or “racist” or “misogynist”. I’m not going to preface my comments with my liberal credentials, since they’re apparently worthless if I don’t meet each ever-changing criterion on their very long list.

I don’t need the approval of the extremists.

by Anonymousreply 114May 29, 2019 8:34 PM

[quote] I don’t need the approval of the extremists.

Then why are you trying to get it with these endless anti-trans threads?

by Anonymousreply 115May 29, 2019 8:48 PM

R113: A link to some stupid ass website in New Zealand by some whiny right winger. Truly a blow for free speech has been struck today....

R109: Hey gurl and all that to you. I too love free speech. I love speaking about peen! Especially white boy peen and butts, much better than nasty Pakistani peen that the left people love so much. That's why I vote Republic now and not Dominican because whites have beautiful butts and peen. Well I have to go now, we're going clubbing and I need to get my Log Cabin jockstrap on. Later gurl and all that to you.

by Anonymousreply 116May 29, 2019 9:13 PM

Block one of these idiots and half the thread disappears.

by Anonymousreply 117May 29, 2019 10:07 PM

"Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. Long ago those who wrote our First Amendment charted a different course. They believed a society can be truly strong only when it is truly free. In the realm of expression they put their faith, for better or for worse, in the enlightened choice of the people, free from the interference of a policeman's intrusive thumb or a judge's heavy hand." -- Justice Potter Stewart (1966)

by Anonymousreply 118May 30, 2019 12:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 2, 2019 1:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!