Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Ghost & Mrs. Muir TV series (1968-70)

It was very short lived and has not become a classic or a TV show anyone seems to be very nostalgic about. But it was on TV when I was at the very impressionable ages of 6-7, so I've never forgotten it.

When I saw an episode recently it seemed very NOT of the late 60s era. It seemed very uptight and square in every way. Even the children were dressed like it was 1952.

Anyone else remember it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 29, 2019 6:33 AM

I watched it when it was on. But I don't remember much about it now. The bearded man was handsome.

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2019 10:09 PM

The bearded man looked very much like Rex Harrison who was in the original 1940s movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2019 10:13 PM

The bearded man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2019 10:14 PM

yum-ooooooooooooo

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2019 10:14 PM

It co-starred DL fave Reta Shaw, but the most memorable thing about it was the theme song, which can get stuck in your head.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2019 10:15 PM

And Charles Nelson Reilly !???

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2019 10:17 PM

Theme tune starts @ 1:30

(look at the little girl's hat - peculiar)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2019 10:18 PM

I wanted a dog like Scruffy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2019 10:20 PM

[quote]And Charles Nelson Reilly !???

Was he the owner of the house or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2019 10:21 PM

My brother named a stuffed dog of his "Scruffy" after the dog on this show.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2019 10:26 PM

The bearded man's fate in life was to be the poor man's Rex Harrison.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2019 10:30 PM

Little known fact. The little girl is Mika Brzezinski.

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2019 10:31 PM

I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2019 10:32 PM

I remember this show from repeats as a kid. If I remember, Charles Nelson Reilly was a descendant (gr gr nephew or something) of The Ghost. CNR owned the house, but it was originally the Ghost’s. Mrs Muir was the first to rent it, and at first The Ghost wasn’t pleased, but he came around. I can’t remember if CNR and Mrs Muir knew the other could see, speak with The Ghost or not.

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2019 10:34 PM

As a 10-12 year old gayling, I found the flaming antics of CNR disturbing but also fascinating. He played the real estate agent who sold or rented Gull Cottage to Hope Lange. Looking at the opening credits now, it appears they used the same Palos Verdes location as the movie. And I did not know the TV music was written by Dave Grusen. As memorable in its own way as Bernard Herrmann's movie theme.

by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2019 10:34 PM

[quote]The bearded man's fate in life was to be the poor man's Rex Harrison.

Yes, so it seems:-

[bold]His best-known stage role was as Professor Higgins in the original Broadway production of My Fair Lady, having taken over the role from Rex Harrison in 1957[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2019 10:35 PM

Yes I remember this show and I particularly remember Scruffy!

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2019 10:37 PM

[quote]Little known fact. The little girl is Mika Brzezinski.

No! - Kellie Flanagan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2019 10:39 PM

She was also in Star Trek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2019 10:40 PM

Hope Lange won two Emmy Awards for this. The show was cancelled by NBC and she picked up her first Emmy. The show was picked up and cancelled by ABC and she picked up her second. Goes to prove that anyone can get an Emmy for Comedy. Maybe Angela Lansbury should have changed categories.

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2019 11:53 PM

At the time this show aired, Reta Shaw was well known for giving the best blow jobs in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2019 12:02 AM

I remember very well. The theme is the best; fully orchestrated with a lovely nautical feel. Years later I saw the original movie on TCM and it's now one of my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2019 12:29 AM

It must have been on Friday nights because I remember watching it with my grandmother who would babysit while my parents went out. She thought the Captain was very handsome.

I watched it in later years and it is clear Hope Lange was not meant to do comedy.

by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2019 12:40 AM

I had my first abortion right after the first season!!

by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2019 12:49 AM

Hope Lange’s competition in 1969 was Diahann Carroll in “Julia”, Barbara Feldon in “Get Smart” and Elizabeth Montgomery in “Bewitched.” (Only 4 nominees that year.)

Her competition in 1970 was Marlo Thomas in “That Girl” and Elizabeth Montgomery in “Bewitched.” (Only 3 nominees that year.)

Incidentally, Elizabeth Montgomery was nominated 5 times for “Bewitched” but never won.

by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2019 12:53 AM

This is from an era when cute blond children were much in demand on sitcoms, so as to draw in families (who were seen then as the #1 audience for sitcoms, and who were thought to be enamored of that look).

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2019 12:54 AM

Love and remember it, too, OP. For same reasons. I wanted to dress like Mrs. Muir. I really was aroused by the Ghost. And I apparently harbored unconventional sexual orientation like the Housekeeper!

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2019 1:10 AM

Odd that this was cancelled during the so-called "rural purge." I wouldn't have thought it qualified as rural like Mayberry RFD or Green Acres.

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2019 1:12 AM

Hope Lange was pretty.

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2019 1:14 AM

Hope Lange was Oscar nominated for Supporting Actress in Peyton Place (1957).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2019 1:23 AM

The housekeeper looks like Barbara Bush

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2019 1:27 AM

The Ghost is Edward Mulhare who was also in Knight Rider.

by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2019 1:28 AM

I remember it very well because at 7 or 8 I wanted a house that either looked like Gull Cottage or the hodge-podge mansion on "Pleas Don't Eat The Daisies." I ended up with a funky NCY studio apartment some where between MTM and Rhoda - so I can't complain.

by Anonymousreply 33May 28, 2019 1:28 AM

Was it a rip off of Dark Shadows?

by Anonymousreply 34May 28, 2019 1:29 AM

It was based on a 1947 movie, which itself was based on a 1945 book.

by Anonymousreply 35May 28, 2019 1:32 AM

Was the maid a lez?

by Anonymousreply 36May 28, 2019 1:41 AM

And how!

by Anonymousreply 37May 28, 2019 1:48 AM

My old neighbor was a cousin of Hope's. They looked uncannily alike. I think she was maybe 2 or 3 years older than Hope. She told a few stories of how turbulent Hope's life was, alluding to drugs and mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 38May 28, 2019 1:48 AM

It was so preppy before we said preppy

As a baby gay I watched it for the clothing

by Anonymousreply 39May 28, 2019 2:11 AM

In color? What blasphemy is this?

by Anonymousreply 40May 28, 2019 2:13 AM

There's some eps on YT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 28, 2019 2:20 AM

Like others have mentioned, I too watched this in reruns. And yes, I found the ghost quite attractive. I envied those kids.

by Anonymousreply 42May 28, 2019 2:30 AM

"'Blast' is not a ladies' word!"

"Blast, blast, BLAST!"

by Anonymousreply 43May 28, 2019 2:32 AM

Rita Shaw did multiple appearances on the Andy Griffith Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 28, 2019 2:44 AM

I'm watching the pilot now. I wish I could get a painter to show up for $1.75 an hour.

by Anonymousreply 45May 28, 2019 2:47 AM

Is the young woman in the opening shown at R7 (of the couple who get caught in the rain) played by DL fave Yvonne Craig (Batgirl)?

by Anonymousreply 46May 28, 2019 2:47 AM

Harry Nilsson made appearance and sang his song "Without Her".

The amount of people who tried to get a hit out of Without Her in the late '60s and failed! - including DL fave, Lulu and Herb Alpert. Just wasn't a hit song, I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 28, 2019 6:45 AM

I love the guy on the phone "Hello...long distance! Short distance!" Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 48May 28, 2019 6:46 AM

The housekeeper was also the maid in Mary Poppins...lest you forget.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 28, 2019 6:52 AM

[quote]My old neighbor was a cousin of Hope's. They looked uncannily alike. I think she was maybe 2 or 3 years older than Hope. She told a few stories of how turbulent Hope's life was, alluding to drugs and mental illness.

Oh, my goodness!

She was pretty similar to the Mom in The Partridge Family - and The Brady Bunch, come to think of it.

by Anonymousreply 50May 28, 2019 6:56 AM

[quote]Her competition in 1970 was Marlo Thomas in “That Girl” and Elizabeth Montgomery in “Bewitched.” (Only 3 nominees that year.)

Gee...Marlo was still going in 1970!

I don't think they ever ran "That Girl" in England...which is odd. I saw it in reruns in the '70s in NYC. We did get this though.

by Anonymousreply 51May 28, 2019 7:01 AM

I still dress like the little boy.

I don't know and never knew anyone who dressed like the little girl. Her outfits were ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 28, 2019 7:07 AM

Since we are venturing to nostalgia. My young family and I were visiting Whidbey Island, WA, Useless Bay, and the kids were agog that the boy from TGAMM was visiting "our beach". The aunt and uncle of our hosts were related to a couple who ran a craft services business (onsite catering) for movie studios in LA. The LA people had bought a place nearby for retirement and invited the kid and his father. Don't know much more, and I never watched the show. But if you mention "remember the kid from TGAMM when we were at Whidbey?" All of my middle aged kids would say, of course.

by Anonymousreply 53May 28, 2019 7:12 AM

Looks like both season are on YT. I forgot Hope's in the cult classic Blue Velvet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 28, 2019 7:29 AM

I connected to this series as my Mom was (is) a widower.

I think only Hope/Mrs. M and the little boy could see the Ghost/Captain.

In season two, the daughter and the maid were brought in on it.

I thought it would have run longer than two seasons.

Something sweet and sad about the widow finding some kind of love again -- it wouldn't really work with a ghost, but...kinda sweet.

by Anonymousreply 55May 28, 2019 7:36 AM

Hope Lange was kind of a slut. She hooked up with Glenn Ford, Frank Sinatra, and John Cheever!!!

by Anonymousreply 56May 28, 2019 8:00 AM

The three shows which played together in afternoon reruns, in heavy rotation, were The Ghost & Mrs. Muir, Please Don't Eat the Daisies, and Nanny and the Professor.

None of them ever reappeared once that brief window closed.

by Anonymousreply 57May 28, 2019 8:00 AM

Two of those things are not like the other, r56.

I wouldn't watch this show because the housekeeper reminded me of our old housekeeper who was "mean." They were both really just plump women with white hair who made wisecracks. That was the extent of it. But for years afterward, if I pictured a scary witch, it would be a plump woman with white hair offering me food and making fun of me if I didn't want to eat it.

by Anonymousreply 58May 28, 2019 8:19 AM

I liked this show as a kid, but the Ghost scared me.

by Anonymousreply 59May 28, 2019 8:55 AM

[quote]The housekeeper looks like Barbara Bush

The housekeeper also acted like Barbara Bush.

by Anonymousreply 60May 28, 2019 11:00 AM

I saw that show as a young gayling, I should have known then I was gay. The only thing I wanted to see the was the handsome ghost with a beard. Why couldn't I have been Mrs. Muir being stalked from beyond?

by Anonymousreply 61May 28, 2019 11:03 AM

Hope Lange made some weird career choices. A few years after this she was in "Death Wish" playing the wife of Charles Bronson. Her character is in the film only a few minutes, she gets pistol whipped to death, and is called "rich mother cunt" (by Jeff Goldblum, IIRC). Did she really think being called a "rich mother cunt" would jumpstart her career?

by Anonymousreply 62May 28, 2019 11:48 AM

Edward Mulhare (The Ghost) was gay.

Poster upthread was correct: in season two, the maid and daughter could also see the ghost. When Reta Shaw saw the ghost, she fainted, fell on the bed and the bed collapsed!

by Anonymousreply 63May 28, 2019 12:02 PM

Hope Lange was one of those people that this young gayboy thought was very pretty.She just had a casual, natural beauty to me. She was married for a while to actor Don Murray, I liked him too. Very masculine and handsome. Then, of course, he did "Bus Stop" with Marilyn and I totally loved her.

Odd now to think what a kid is attracted to.

by Anonymousreply 64May 28, 2019 12:18 PM

Loved this as a kid. My brother and I thought CNR was a riot. And I thought Hope Lange was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 65May 28, 2019 12:36 PM

Everyone on the show was IRISH including the LESBIAN housekeeper.

by Anonymousreply 66May 28, 2019 12:52 PM

So it took us til 63 and now we have a gay ghost and a lesbian housekeeper. Not bad going...and of course the landlord was gay.

Now to investigate the children.

by Anonymousreply 67May 28, 2019 1:33 PM

and Scruffy.

by Anonymousreply 68May 28, 2019 1:34 PM

Scruffy was trans.

by Anonymousreply 69May 28, 2019 3:16 PM

She was the cook, R49. The maid was Ellen. Played by the versatile and Oscar nominee Hermione Baddely.

by Anonymousreply 70May 28, 2019 3:26 PM

Thank you for the correction, R70. Of course you're right.

by Anonymousreply 71May 28, 2019 3:31 PM

I so wanted to be man handled by the captain. I knew this even at the age of 6. He was so good looking.

by Anonymousreply 72May 28, 2019 3:38 PM

I so wanted to be man handled by Reta Shaw. I knew this even at the age of 6. She was so stately.

by Anonymousreply 73May 28, 2019 3:41 PM

Selena!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 28, 2019 3:51 PM

Didn’t it feature a poof?

by Anonymousreply 75May 28, 2019 3:53 PM

Yes, cnr was the poof.

by Anonymousreply 76May 28, 2019 3:59 PM

I learned how to be gay from CNR and Dr. Smith on Lost in Space. Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 77May 28, 2019 4:04 PM

Reta Shaw is in one of the best musical numbers ever in a musical in TPG, a soft shoe choreographed by BF. With Eddie Foy. Prefer it to the flashy Steam Heat. Pure joy.

The original film of Mrs Muir is a beauty and always ends up as one of people's favorite. Gene and Rex in the final scene are beyond praise.

by Anonymousreply 78May 28, 2019 4:05 PM

No mention yet of one of dl's canonic films The Best of Everything? I must have missed the post.

Lange certainly had among the hottest of men. Went to see her on Broadway in The Supporting Cast because I liked her so much. It really had a wonderful cast.

by Anonymousreply 79May 28, 2019 4:12 PM

Hope Lange was also in "Bus Stop", R64. She played the young woman (waitress?) who was on the bus at the beginning but her destination was the bus stop as she worked?/lived? there. She may have been some relation of the woman who ran the bus stop.

Lange and Murray were married (per imdb) in April of 1956 and "Bus Stop" was released in the USA on August 31, 1956.

Perhaps they met while making the movie.

by Anonymousreply 80May 28, 2019 4:19 PM

Shirtless.

That gurl was BUTCH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 28, 2019 4:32 PM

NOT gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 28, 2019 4:33 PM

He was on the panel of What's My Line?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 28, 2019 4:34 PM

Reta's number from The Pajama Game. The dance starts at 3:35.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 28, 2019 4:36 PM

What is Chuck Connors and his chest doing here?

Yes the show seemed like a throwback but virtually everything that was on tv pre-All in The Family & MTM seemed like it belonged in a different decade, with scripts often recycled from radio. Hope Lange was beautiful and talented.

Reta Shaw played maids, nosy neighbors, sardonic best friends, etc. on just about every sit com as well as in many movies.

by Anonymousreply 85May 28, 2019 4:38 PM

[quote]Yes the show seemed like a throwback but virtually everything that was on tv pre-All in The Family & MTM seemed like it belonged in a different decade

I don't agree. Plenty of TV shows from the mid-60s on looked 60s.

That Girl, for instance. Tons of them.

Julia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 28, 2019 4:43 PM

I always found it odd that they turned the poignant, sweet, sad and iconic classic film of The Ghost and Mrs. Muir into a sitcom. There were moments of humor in the film, yes. But it was by no means a comedy. The TV version had none of the wistfulness of the relationship between the main characters, nor the silvery cinematography nor the period character and charm. I know, big MARY but still.

by Anonymousreply 87May 28, 2019 4:53 PM

R86---Oh please--That Girl was totally old fashioned. She was chaste, but had a steady bf. Nothing like MTM who would occasionally spend the night with someone she wasn't planning to marry. And Ann Marie was the conventional empty headed manipulative women on series tv--lots of "feminine wiles". It's funny that Thomas thought the show was a sign of liberation. Julia, like most cross-over shows was thoroughly conventional and non-threatening. Other than often having widowed parents the sitcoms of the late 60s were basically throwbacks to Ozzie And Harriet or Donna Reed. Other than the Van Dyke show, it was rare to see a couple who actually belonged in their decade.

by Anonymousreply 88May 28, 2019 4:56 PM

R88, Marlo cops to all of that. She has discussed it extensively for decades. That Girl DID make inroads but it was anachronistic as hell. Marlo was well aware that, as Vietnam raged and "free love" was happening and people her age, in real life, were sleeping together and breaking old taboos, that AnnMarie would not be able to get away with that stuff and still be a hit show. The scripts were ridiculous in this regard. "Daddy" always having a fit over the mere possibility that Don had "slept over." There were many episodes about this very thing. Don always "left early" or "slept on the floor" or whatever. No one would have done that. And yet, somehow, middle America bought it.

by Anonymousreply 89May 28, 2019 5:09 PM

I don't think middle America really believed it but they wanted to see it.

by Anonymousreply 90May 28, 2019 5:31 PM

I watched reruns in the 1970s. It wasn't until I was well into adulthood that I realized the Ghost and the father in the Sound of Music were separate actors. I always thought the Ghost was played by Christopher Plummer.

by Anonymousreply 91May 28, 2019 6:22 PM

Hell yeah. They wanted to see Don and Ann fuck. Hardcore stuff even. Think of the ratings if she pegged him...

by Anonymousreply 92May 28, 2019 7:23 PM

Helene Hanff (of 84 Charing Cross Road fame) wrote of meeting Reta Shaw in summer stock after Rita, a kindergarten teacher, got bit by the acting bug.

by Anonymousreply 93May 28, 2019 7:50 PM

R40 and R70 she was also the cook in "Pollyanna."

by Anonymousreply 94May 29, 2019 12:15 AM

[quote]I learned how to be gay from CNR and Dr. Smith on Lost in Space. Oh dear!

I hated both of those characters as a kid and I still do today. All they did was perpetuate negative stereotypes of gay men without actually coming out and saying they were gay.

by Anonymousreply 95May 29, 2019 12:20 AM

[quote]I always found it odd that they turned the poignant, sweet, sad and iconic classic film of The Ghost and Mrs. Muir into a sitcom. There were moments of humor in the film, yes. But it was by no means a comedy.

True. It also had the adult subtext (for the 1940s) of the Ghost possibly being able to see Mrs. Muir naked.

by Anonymousreply 96May 29, 2019 12:23 AM

[quote]All they did was perpetuate negative stereotypes of gay men without actually coming out and saying they were gay.

No one said they were gay then - especially "B movie" actors, are you fucking kidding?

by Anonymousreply 97May 29, 2019 12:57 AM

in fact, CNR was more open than most.

WIKI:

[quote]Magazine and newspaper profiles of Reilly throughout the 1970s and 1980s did not mention his personal life or sexuality. Many years after the cancellation of Match Game, he revealed his homosexuality in his theatrical one-man show, Save It for the Stage: The Life of Reilly. Much like fellow game-show regular Paul Lynde of the same era, despite Reilly's off-camera silence, he gave signals on-camera of a campy persona. In many episodes of Match Game, he lampooned himself by briefly affecting "YO!" in a deep voice and the nickname "Chuck" and self-consciously describing how "butch" he was. Many years after his game show career ended, he mentioned in a 2002 interview with Entertainment Tonight that he felt no need to explain his joke about "Chuck", and that he never purposely hid being gay from anyone. Patrick Hughes, a set decorator and dresser, was Reilly's domestic partner; the two met backstage while Reilly appeared on the game show Battlestars, although their partnership was not revealed publicly. They lived together in Beverly Hills.

by Anonymousreply 98May 29, 2019 1:01 AM

I knew someone who met Charles Nelson Reilly. Said he was kind and an absolute gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 99May 29, 2019 1:13 AM

Bought it recently on DVD it'[s dated but I like it.

by Anonymousreply 100May 29, 2019 2:03 AM

If it hasn't already been mentioned, after The Ghost and Mrs. Muir was cancelled, Hope Lange played Dick van Dyke's wife in "The New Dick van Dyke Show" which ran for 3 seasons, 1971-1974.

Hope Lange was no Laura Petrie.

by Anonymousreply 101May 29, 2019 2:56 AM

[quote]No one said they were gay then - especially "B movie" actors, are you fucking kidding?

No shit Sherlock. You missed the point entirely. What those guys did was play and perpetuate a gay stereotype under the premise of being straight men. They tied gay stereotypical behavior to evil, selfish hated characters. Ergo, people who are gay must be evil.

by Anonymousreply 102May 29, 2019 3:01 AM

Fans of Hope Lange, what is your opinion of Crowhaven Farm? It kept the ghostly theme, but went as far away from comedy as was possible.

I was way too young to be watching it, and traumatized me for years.

by Anonymousreply 103May 29, 2019 3:26 AM

[quote] people who are gay must be evil.

Oh, you know the guys I've dated.

by Anonymousreply 104May 29, 2019 3:36 AM

R103, I'd never heard of it. But here it is on YouTube---I'm looking forward to watching it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 29, 2019 3:39 AM

[quote] All they did was perpetuate negative stereotypes of gay men without actually coming out and saying they were gay.

I hope you changed your mind when you saw CNR in 'Match Game." He was the coolest guy on Earth on that show--witty, gay as he wanted to be, and bickering with his hag.

by Anonymousreply 106May 29, 2019 3:41 AM

I remember this show, can still hum the theme song.

by Anonymousreply 107May 29, 2019 3:42 AM

I would put this show on a list with others I used to watch as a kid, that had slightly "adult" themes but also kids my age - Julia, The Courtship of Eddie's Father. WHET Earl J Wagedorn?

Oh and then the not very well remembered "Debbie Reynolds Show" and "The Girl With Something Extra." Weren't they all sort of Sunday Night shows?

by Anonymousreply 108May 29, 2019 3:48 AM

Hope fucked Elvis

by Anonymousreply 109May 29, 2019 4:53 AM

Crowhaven Farm. I think it's a DL fave as I see it mentioned on hereevery once in awhile. I can't believe it took almost 90 replies before being mentioned here.

I saw it when I was 8 years old and had nightmares! I watched it recently on YouTube and I still think it's pretty fucking creepy. Especially the end.

Of course, the other thing I remember Hope Lange for was getting brutally raped and murdered in Death Wish. The scene was graphic and intense and disturbing to this day. I couldn't believe she took the part.

by Anonymousreply 110May 29, 2019 5:01 AM

A (straight) actor friend of mine knew CNR. He said he was a fascinating person with whom to sit down and have a meal. He had lots of insights into acting, but did not react well if you asked him about "Lidsville."

by Anonymousreply 111May 29, 2019 5:11 AM

An actor friend of mine was either in a class with CNR, or the class was taught by CNR, (I can't remember which), but he said CNR was completely adored by all. A very warm, open, and charitable man.

by Anonymousreply 112May 29, 2019 5:20 AM

His story about his father turning down Disney's offer to work with him and then after being fired from Paramount is heartbraking.

by Anonymousreply 113May 29, 2019 5:36 AM

[quote]I hope you changed your mind when you saw CNR in 'Match Game."

Sorry, No, I had better things to do with my life than watch game shows. Never into them. Besides, they only reason they existed was to support " D list" celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 114May 29, 2019 5:49 AM

R46 Yvonne Craig was also the green Orion slave girl in an episode of Star Trek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 29, 2019 5:54 AM

CNR helped make Emily Dickinson an academic superstar (and an industry) by producing the play, The Belle of Amherst.

by Anonymousreply 116May 29, 2019 6:01 AM

Hope Lange was not raped in Death Wish, her daughter in the movie, played by Kathleen Tolan who was a Mary Ryan replacement on Ryan's Hope, was forced to perform oral sex on Jeff Goldblum. Lange was just beaten.

Crowhaven Farm is one of those bizarre ABC telemovies that would never get made today because evil wins in the end.

by Anonymousreply 117May 29, 2019 6:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!