Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Should I give up the DC shows on The CW next season?

There is just too much TV and I don't think they're good anymore. What are your thoughts?

Arrow - I don't know why I've hung around this long. Maybe there is some part of me that hopes it will get better. Just how many enemies from Oliver's past are going to come out of the woodwork?

Flash - It was going down hill, but that daughter just sucked the life out of it.

Legends - Meh.

Supergirl - Meh with Meh on top.

by Anonymousreply 232November 1, 2022 12:51 AM

Arrow is ending next season OP so one less show you to watch.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2019 1:58 AM

No you should keep watching. If you feel there is too much good tv to handle, you're just going to have to find time to watch it all.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2019 2:00 AM

I can never give them up. Fun plus hot men in spandex. And Batwoman next year!

But Colton Haynes is a really bad actor, bless his heart.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2019 2:07 AM

I liked one actress in Supergirl and I tried to watch, but I had to stop. The shows seem to be stuck in between camp and taking themselves too seriously, so the tone is always a bit off. Maybe if they could get some better writing and a better, consistent tone, I could try them again.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2019 2:14 AM

Anybody still watching? I think most of the shows premiere this week.

by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2019 3:54 AM

I miss Wentworth Miller on Flash and Legends.

by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2019 4:05 AM

I'm still with Arrow since I started watching from the premiere. But it does suck now and I'm glad it's ending this season.

I'm recording Batgirl right now but I don't even know if I will watch it.

I still love The Flash. It's just fun, light show.

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2019 4:26 AM

I was sick at home for a few days and was binge watching Arrow from Season 1. I've never seen anything on CW before. I'm on Season 5 now and Oliver's (green arrow) voice changed....what happened?

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2019 4:36 AM

I hate how the lesbians on these shows get all the action and (outside of Constantine last season) the gay (or bi) men are all neutered.

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2019 4:39 AM

I still like Legends but I'm not into Ava and feel like she drags Sara down. I thought Nyssa was way hotter and wish they had brought her back instead.

Other than that I'm pretty bored of the other Arrowverse shows. I'll watch the Crisis episodes and the Arrow series finale to see how it wraps up... Maybe the penultimate episode as well, which is a backdoor pilot for the Canaries spinoff.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2019 5:26 AM

I'll watch the Flash every now and then but otherwise I'm over most of Berlanti's DC Universe shows.

(Other than Doom Patrol on an entirely different network which isn't technically the same kind of DC show.)

As OP said, while the actress was fine as Barry and Iris's daughter, she really, really, really dragged down the show.

That was the first season I stopped watching every episode and started playing catch up every few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2019 9:37 AM

[Quote] Maybe the penultimate episode as well, which is a backdoor pilot for the Canaries spinoff.

I wonder how it will do since so many fans don't like Laurel. And i get the feeling it's the same with Mia.......?

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2019 10:48 AM

Agree, R10. Ava's bland af

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2019 11:55 AM

I'm really liking Arrow"s final season. Like the familiar faces coming back. Only thing I don't like is the flash forward stuff. Find the actress playing Oliver's daughter to be very annoying. Not liking how gay William has to stay behind and always be rescued. If they do do a Canaries spin off does that mean Dinah and Laurel have to be in old age make-up all the time ?

Flash is still stuck in a rut. I don't care about Joe's wife or Iris' newspaper. Barry, Caitlyn (Frost), and Sisco is all I need.

Supergirl. Another martian story. Boring. Brainy is beyond annoying. Bring back Jeremy Jordan. For a show about the power of women, they never hire anyone plain or fat. The new owner of Catco does not look like she could turn on a computer let alone run a conglomerate. Like that Lena is finally turning evil. Kara's bangs have to go.

Liking Batwoman so far but I think it might get old really fast.

Legends is my favorite. Love all the characters. Always have a good laugh.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2019 12:06 PM

I still find Legends highly entertaining and will continue to watch it. The rest of the Arrowverse needed to end at least a season ago (except for you, Arrow, you needed to stop at least 3 seasons ago).

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2019 12:07 PM

[Quote] Find the actress playing Oliver's daughter to be very annoying.

She wasn't great on Shadowhunters.

[Quote] Liking Batwoman so far but I think it might get old really fast.

I'm enjoying it but Alice is starting to remind me of Damon from TVD with her acting tics. And Kate should be trying to put her away instead of asking her to stop killing 🙄 It was also awkward to see Gabriel Mann outact Ruby in their scenes together.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2019 12:36 PM

I've given them all up and I don't miss them. I just got tired of the nonsense of these shows. And this season's big crossover event sounds lame. The only show that I'm watching on CW now is Nancy Drew.

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2019 12:47 PM

I've just about given up on all network shows. Rarely do any of them end when there is no more story to tell. Instead, they beat them to death to get every last bit of profit from them until only the most hardened of fans are watching (and usually just out of habit and not enjoyment). Or the flip side, when a series is first starting, they'll show a couple of episodes, and cancel it immediately when it doesn't perform well enough. I mostly just watch series from the streaming services. You know you'll get a full season no matter what, they usually only go for 4 or 5 years at the most, they can be edgy and provocative without needing to be pandering to the masses, basically everything the big networks aren't.

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2019 12:50 PM

R14 Jeremy Jordan should be coming back this season, though I'm not sure if it's just for an episode or full time.

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2019 2:27 PM

When does Roswell come back?

I’m ready for some more of that foolishness and terrible acting.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2019 2:39 PM

Roswell is a midseason show, so not until 2020 R20

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2019 2:42 PM

R20 Jason Behr will be guest starring.

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2019 2:57 PM

Wish Berlanti would do a cable show of "Midnighter" the gay version of Batman.

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2019 3:02 PM

Berlanti can't barely do gay in the shows he has

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2019 3:03 PM

They messed up with William. He's the gay best friend yelling 'You go, gurl!' He should have been in the Connor Hawk role, with the straight legacy guy as the wimpy tech boy.

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2019 5:16 PM

Berlanti just seems like a burn 'em and churn 'em kind of executive producer or whatever his title is.

I think it would be better to have a few quality shows rather than a bunch of "meh" stuff.

I guess if he keeps making bank though, he doesn't care.

On another note, I hate all of the Supergirl producers. Just so smug and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2019 6:01 PM

[Quote] On another note, I hate all of the Supergirl producers. Just so smug and stupid.

What have they been saying??

by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2019 4:42 AM

[quote]Wish Berlanti would do a cable show of "Midnighter" the gay version of Batman.

If he did then Midnighter would have no sex life. Or he'd end up chasing a chick with a dick.

Hell, let's be real here. Berlanti would have him be straight.

NO GAY MEN ALLOWED IN THE BERLANTIVERSE!

by Anonymousreply 28October 25, 2019 5:21 AM

R27, I don't know about anything lately, but just watch them in like Comic-con stuff from 2017 through 2019. I think they're just vapid and have no idea what makes a good story.

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2019 6:06 AM

I am a sucker for CW shows for some reason. Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman, Riverdale, Charmed, and Nancy Drew. And that's just CW. However I prefer to record a few episodes and then binge watch them.

I am not looking forward to this year's crossover special of the superhero shows (Crisis), because some (maybe two?) of the main characters will die.

by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2019 7:05 AM

Dang, forgot Roswell, New Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2019 7:07 AM

I gave up on Arrow half way through Season 4.

Gave up on The Flash a couple of episodes into Season 5

Stopped watching Supergirl after season 3.

Not going to watch the new Batgirl and never watched LOT.

I will be tuning into the crossover event though. Mainly for Tom Welling, as I’m a huge smallville fan. I’d also watch the hell out of Tyler Hoechiln As Superman series though.

by Anonymousreply 32October 25, 2019 7:25 AM

I dropped all the CW shows except Supergirl, cause she is one of my favorite heroes. That said, Supergirl has been pretty boring for over a year. And this season with its all the Martian stuff is yawn inducing.

Of course, I'll watch the Crisis crossover episodes. Will re-evaluate after that, but at the moment plan to drop Supergirl too once the Crisis is over.

I did DVR the first two episodes of Batwoman but haven't gotten around to watching them yet.

by Anonymousreply 33October 25, 2019 10:33 AM

[Quote] I am not looking forward to this year's crossover special of the superhero shows (Crisis), because some (maybe two?) of the main characters will die.

Aside from Arrow and maybe one of the other SM, i don't think they'll kill too many main characters off.

[Quote] I’d also watch the hell out of Tyler Hoechiln As Superman series though.

I've seen speculation about both Tyler and Brandon getting their own SM series on HBO Max.

by Anonymousreply 34October 25, 2019 11:35 AM

Barry Allen from the Flash is supposed to die at Crisis. At least that's the main story line on the Flash's new season so far. I believe it was two seasons ago where Iris was supposed to die, but I don't think they would pull the same stunt and let Barry live after all. That would mean that Oliver and Barry will die which kind of makes sense since Arrow was the CW's first superhero show and The Flash the second, meaning that both leads' contracts are up and won't be renewed.

by Anonymousreply 35October 25, 2019 12:05 PM

Barry isn't going to permanently die if he does.

Tyler claims that they are not developing a SM tv show with only his character.

by Anonymousreply 36October 25, 2019 12:09 PM

I had to stop watching all those shows already years ago since they are so bad. Even The Flash which for three first seasons was mindless fun turned into a mess. Legends was pure excrement from the first episode. I really only liked the first season of Arrow but it was finally Olicity that made the show totally unwatchable. I haven't watched Batwoman but it keeps gettting bad reviews so why even bother. I never really got into Supergirl since it was such fluff from the start.

The only DC show I'm now watching is Titans which feels like a real well-made tv drama next to all the CW crap.

by Anonymousreply 37October 25, 2019 12:16 PM

I was a big Roswell fan back in the day and watched season one of the reboot for nostalgic reasons... I like that they made Michael bi, cast nonwhite characters, etc. But I have to admit, learning Nathan Dean Parsons is a MAGA idiot has really ruined my interest in season two. I already disliked his Max as it is.

by Anonymousreply 38October 25, 2019 12:40 PM

[Quote] Tyler claims that they are not developing a SM tv show with only his character.

When did he say that??

[Quote] I haven't watched Batwoman but it keeps gettting bad reviews so why even bother.

Maybe check out 1 or 2 eps and then decide for yourself it's that bad.

by Anonymousreply 39October 25, 2019 12:43 PM

[quote] But I have to admit, learning Nathan Dean Parsons is a MAGA idiot

Link, please.

by Anonymousreply 40October 25, 2019 12:47 PM

R37 Did you check out Doom Patrol? It's really good, but not on CW.

by Anonymousreply 41October 25, 2019 12:58 PM

Neither Titans nor Doom Patrol are on CW. They are available exclusively on DC's own streaming service (and, I believe, on Netflix outside the US).

by Anonymousreply 42October 25, 2019 1:01 PM

Take a look at who he follows on instagram, for one. When you could still see likes, you could see him frequently liking posts by these accounts (Ben Shapiro, Candace Owens, PragerU) about needing to build the wall, punishing women who get abortions, etc. He had to delete some tweets earlier this year supporting those views as well.

I'm surprise Liz dates him in real life since she's very anti-Trump but dick before morals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 25, 2019 1:01 PM

Supergirl was a light fun show and then the Agent Liberty storyline hit. Sometimes you want to watch TV just to escape and not have to deal with the same mess that's going on in real life. Basically they turned the show into an Afterschool Special and I got tired of it.

The Flash went off the rails with the Flashpoint storyline. Then they brought that daughter in and it was the final straw.

Arrow was more fun when it was just CW's version of Batman. Rich playboy Oliver and his pals fighting crime. They made the show too complicated.

Legends was never great, but it was light and fun. Then it became a chore to watch.

I've never seen an episode of Batwoman or Black Lightning.

by Anonymousreply 44October 25, 2019 1:09 PM

Who watches any of that tacky schlock except for young women and shrieky shopbottoms?

by Anonymousreply 45October 25, 2019 1:22 PM

Here's hoping Crisis on Infinite Earths wipes all of them out.

by Anonymousreply 46October 25, 2019 1:29 PM

R46 not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 47October 25, 2019 1:32 PM

I watched season 1-6 Arrow the past few days...not sure if I'm gonna continue. Terrible shows on TV these days.

by Anonymousreply 48October 26, 2019 4:28 AM

If you watched 6 seasons in a few days, you might as well go all in R48

by Anonymousreply 49October 26, 2019 4:30 AM

Batwoman is a woke turd sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 50October 26, 2019 4:34 AM

[Quote] Batwoman is a woke turd sandwich.

Said the incel 🙄

by Anonymousreply 51October 26, 2019 5:56 AM

Batwoman's love interest Sophie is way too no lesbo for it to be a viable ship. They have negative chemistry.

Ruby Rose has a lot more chemistry with the actress playing her sister which is a little unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 52October 26, 2019 9:29 PM

Batwoman's love interest Sophie is way too no lesbo for it to be a viable ship. They have negative chemistry.

Ruby Rose has a lot more chemistry with the actress playing her sister which is a little unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 53October 26, 2019 9:29 PM

[Quote] Batwoman's love interest Sophie is way too no lesbo for it to be a viable ship. They have negative chemistry.

In your opinion. I think they're fine, but I did find it weird when Meagan said they didn't bother to do a chemistry read together beforehand.

[Quote] Ruby Rose has a lot more chemistry with the actress playing her sister which is a little unfortunate.

It's Wincest all over again 😄

by Anonymousreply 54October 27, 2019 5:13 AM

William comes out to Oliver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 5, 2019 7:21 PM

Have you tried Black Lightning?

by Anonymousreply 56November 5, 2019 10:20 PM

I'm not a fan, but am very likely going to watch the episodes for the crossover event.

by Anonymousreply 57November 5, 2019 10:32 PM

R57 hopefully it lives up to the hype.

by Anonymousreply 58November 6, 2019 12:34 AM

R56 I must have missed some episodes because now Anissa's girlfriend Grace is also an old man? I knew she turned into a leopard or something but that one is new.

by Anonymousreply 59November 6, 2019 2:29 AM

She's a shape shifter r59 because there's no way DC/WB would allow her be an Amazonian like she is in the comics. It still hasn't been fully explained how she got her powers.

by Anonymousreply 60November 6, 2019 4:37 AM

I find it hilarious that they just offhand mentioned that Curtis married his rarely seen boyfriend offscreen. Because of course.

by Anonymousreply 61November 6, 2019 4:40 AM

So this is Curtis second marriage?

by Anonymousreply 62November 6, 2019 6:22 AM

That homophobe Berlanti is not going to have any healthy gay male relationships appear on any of his shows.

by Anonymousreply 63November 6, 2019 6:55 AM

R60 Legends of Tomorrow was allowed to name drop Themyscira and had Helen of Troy become an Amazon. I guess that doesn't really fit in the Black Lightning world though.

Does BL take place on a different Earth than Arrow/Flash/Legends?

by Anonymousreply 64November 6, 2019 6:58 AM

On Batwoman Wonder Woman, Robin and Joker were mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 65November 6, 2019 8:44 AM

So were Riddler and Clayface

by Anonymousreply 66November 6, 2019 12:38 PM

Mia is the worst character that any of these shows have had. She's acting like Oliver abandoned her to run off with his mistress instead of sacrificing himself to save the world.

by Anonymousreply 67November 6, 2019 1:05 PM

She doesn't know how or why Oliver died though R67

by Anonymousreply 68November 6, 2019 1:36 PM

[Quote] Mia is the worst character that any of these shows have had.

Worse than Felicity?

by Anonymousreply 69November 6, 2019 1:50 PM

r69 yes, I actually started out loving Felicity. But once they let her take over the show, I couldn't stand her. Mia is horrible from the start.

by Anonymousreply 70November 6, 2019 2:37 PM

I would love to see a TV series based on the Midnighter but absolutely not on the CW - it needs to be violent, gory and gritty or not at all.

by Anonymousreply 71November 6, 2019 2:48 PM

Berlanti would make Midnighter straight or into trannies.

by Anonymousreply 72November 6, 2019 3:18 PM

Now that Berlanti is creating a Green Lantern tv show is going to include gay Alan Scott?

by Anonymousreply 73November 6, 2019 3:20 PM

I thought Berlanti was gay?

by Anonymousreply 74November 6, 2019 3:25 PM

He is but for some reason does not like to feature prominent gay characters in his shows.

by Anonymousreply 75November 6, 2019 3:28 PM

He does bait like a motherfucker, though, based on casting.

by Anonymousreply 76November 6, 2019 3:45 PM

Black Lightning is still amazing, and the special effects look like they come from an entirely different company compared to the other CW shows

by Anonymousreply 77November 6, 2019 3:48 PM

Keep watching. Berlanti and his husband need a new island.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 6, 2019 4:09 PM

[Quote] Now that Berlanti is creating a Green Lantern tv show

Plus Adam Strange and Superman.

by Anonymousreply 79November 6, 2019 9:14 PM

They should bring back the guy that played Adam Strange on Krypton.

by Anonymousreply 80November 7, 2019 2:27 PM

Wikipedia has a detailed write-up for the upcoming Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover event in December and January.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 8, 2019 11:50 AM

[Quote] The Monitor tells Laurel Lance he can restore Earth-2 if she betrays Oliver.

Of course he did.

by Anonymousreply 82November 8, 2019 1:03 PM

I gave up on all the superhero CW shows except Arrow.

May be because Stephen Amell is so pretty.

That said, he has really surprised me in this final season with his performance.

He's so heartfelt in the more emotional scenes. He's nicely matured and I can see him doing other stuff that isn't just superhero nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 83November 8, 2019 1:23 PM

Stephen's next tv show is a wrestling show.

by Anonymousreply 84November 8, 2019 1:34 PM

Supergirl has become near impossible to watch. It's painfully bad now. If Winn doesn't come back from the future a big(ger) ole' homo, I'm just gonna quit. (And only watch the Crisis episode.)

by Anonymousreply 85November 8, 2019 6:04 PM

[quote]Supergirl has become near impossible to watch. It's painfully bad now.

Agreed. Unless it gets considerably better in the next month, I plan to drop the series after the Crisis episodes.

by Anonymousreply 86November 9, 2019 12:54 AM

Supergirl's giving too much screen time to the lesbian storyline.

by Anonymousreply 87November 9, 2019 2:23 AM

[Quote] Supergirl's giving too much screen time to the lesbian storyline.

What a stupid thing to complain about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 9, 2019 2:31 AM

R87 I liked Alex When I watched but her relationships are so boring. She had decent chemistry with Sam/Reign and Sara from Legends... I hated Maggie. I haven't seen much of her new gf.

by Anonymousreply 89November 9, 2019 2:31 AM

Pied Piper is rumored to be coming back to the Flash later on this season.

by Anonymousreply 90February 15, 2020 10:31 PM

R89 Sam's coming back for an episode. Both Odette and Chris are part of the Thirtysomething reboot.

by Anonymousreply 91February 16, 2020 3:05 AM

The CW at the moment will stop airing new episodes of its various shows like the Flash,Riverdale or LOT for example.

by Anonymousreply 92March 17, 2020 6:22 AM

Well, not immediately. New episodes are still airing this week. They've just stopped production for now.

by Anonymousreply 93March 17, 2020 6:30 AM

I think filming for LOT has already wrapped. But that's not the case for Flash, Supergirl and Batwoman.

Superman was supposed to start filming soon. But now it's going to be in July.

And Stargirl premieres in May.

by Anonymousreply 94March 17, 2020 7:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 17, 2020 8:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 17, 2020 8:26 AM

R96 that's horrible. And I don't think that's the first time someone was injured on the BW set either.

by Anonymousreply 97March 17, 2020 8:42 AM

"It's A Super Life "was one of the best episodes of Supergirl ever.

Revolved around what would have happened if she had told Lena Luthor in the beginning she was Supergirl.

I highly recommend streaming that episode.

Everything else in season 5 can lick my ass.

by Anonymousreply 98March 17, 2020 8:44 AM

[Quote] Everything else in season 5 can lick my ass.

So you didn't enjoy the latest episode involving Nia?

by Anonymousreply 99March 17, 2020 9:40 AM

[quote] Batwoman wasn't there to save the day.

r96 Luckily ScreenRant is here to project some questionable humor into this women's time of need.

by Anonymousreply 100March 17, 2020 10:06 AM

R100 i don't know how that site is still going. Every post is inaccurate/full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 101March 17, 2020 10:10 AM

So how many actors are just hanging tight in Vancouver now? Or, can you still get flights out of Canada?

by Anonymousreply 102March 18, 2020 6:14 PM

R102 not sure. Some of them might have other projects lined up and already left Vancouver.

by Anonymousreply 103March 18, 2020 11:34 PM

Tried but can't get into "Batwoman". Ruby Rose is such a bad actress that I can't give a shit for the character. Just proves you should go for the best actor not just a real life lesbian.

Flash has turned into the Iris show and with those 2 annoying characters made series regulars next year, I think I'm out.

Supergirl is just annoying. All male eye candy gone. Lena moping because Kara didn't share her most private secrets with her before she was ready.

Legends is the only one I love. A fun hour full of great characters and laughs.

I'll give Superman a chance next seasons as well as Green Arrow if that gets picked up.

by Anonymousreply 104March 19, 2020 12:53 PM

Superman and Lois better have an attractive gay male character but who am I kidding it's Greg Berlanti so it won't.

by Anonymousreply 105March 19, 2020 1:47 PM

[Quote] Tried but can't get into "Batwoman". Ruby Rose is such a bad actress that I can't give a shit for the character. Just proves you should go for the best actor not just a real life lesbian.

Which is why they're focusing so much on Alice (and it's getting tired). Everyone is saying how great the last episode was, but i'm not seeing the big deal about what Kate did.

[Quote] Superman and Lois better have an attractive gay male character but who am I kidding it's Greg Berlanti so it won't.

I hope so too 🤞 I'm sure the actor who plays Jonathan Kent will probably get a thread on here. And I wonder who they'll cast as Lana. I find it funny that some want Kristin to come back.

by Anonymousreply 106March 19, 2020 4:26 PM

The Flash has been kinda Mehh... since that crisis thing. Who are they making regulars, R104?

by Anonymousreply 107March 19, 2020 4:52 PM

R107 The Wells "daughter" character and that annoying black guy.

by Anonymousreply 108March 19, 2020 5:15 PM

Oh ... oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 109March 19, 2020 5:15 PM

So many racists here who refuse to watch Black Lightning even though it's the far superior show. They can't handle black magic.

by Anonymousreply 110March 19, 2020 5:25 PM

I actually found Black Lightning to be racist. No reason all the characters have to act so ghetto

by Anonymousreply 111March 19, 2020 5:27 PM

I tried Black Lightning and didn't care for it. Other than The Flash I haven't really liked any of the CW Superhero shows, and that one's been going down hill lately. I wanted to like 'Legends', but it just wasn't very good.

by Anonymousreply 112March 19, 2020 5:30 PM

Have you watch anything after the first season of Legends R112? It gets a lot better

by Anonymousreply 113March 20, 2020 1:35 AM

I watched a few episodes of the first season before giving up on it.

by Anonymousreply 114March 20, 2020 6:50 AM

R110 I do plan on checking out Black Lightning. It's just not at the top of the list. I'm struggling enough as it with Batwoman lol. But Cress was one of the few decent actors on Crisis. And I hope he gets to crossover with the other shows again.

by Anonymousreply 115March 20, 2020 8:13 AM

Black Lightning has some of the less good aspects of the Marvel tv shows - a drawn-out plot, angst and endless gangs

by Anonymousreply 116March 20, 2020 8:35 AM

R116 what about in comparison to the DC streaming shows like Titans and Doom Patrol?

by Anonymousreply 117March 20, 2020 8:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 7, 2020 2:09 PM

Not sure it's a good thing that JJ's involved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 17, 2020 2:14 PM

I know what you mean, OP. I considering giving up on Fuckermate and Raw Strokes but continuing with a dozen other porn brands. Embarras de richesses.

by Anonymousreply 120April 17, 2020 2:20 PM

Black Lightning had a lot of promise, but the whole Markovia story, besides being ludicrous, was drawn out wayyyyy too long. I give them props, though, for keeping Anissa a lesbian, but hate what they did with the Grace character.

by Anonymousreply 121April 17, 2020 2:25 PM

Jesus. J.J. Abrams involved = Another ruined property. Not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 122April 17, 2020 3:29 PM

R122 doesn't seem like any sci-fi franchise is safe. And it should be after what happened with Star Trek and Star Wars.

by Anonymousreply 123April 17, 2020 3:51 PM

To be fair J.J. Abrams was a producer on good to great shows like Fringe, Person of Interest, 11.22.63 and Almost Human. Quite honestly I feel better seeing his name as a producer than Greg Berlanti's. I do love Titans, though, and that's one of Berlanti's shows as well. For some reason I've still yet to start watching Doom Patrol but I've heard it's up there with Titans in overall quality. All other DC shows are pretty much pure crap.

by Anonymousreply 124April 17, 2020 4:01 PM

I liked the Abrams Star Treks, lens flare and all.

by Anonymousreply 125April 17, 2020 4:16 PM

[Quote] For some reason I've still yet to start watching Doom Patrol but I've heard it's up there with Titans in overall quality. All other DC shows are pretty much pure crap.

I haven't started Titans or Doom Patrol yet. But they certainly look better than the Arrowverse shows. The latest Stargirl trailer looks good too. They really should have put Superman on the streaming service 😔

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 17, 2020 4:52 PM

Zoe Kravitz might be getting her own Catwoman series on HBOMax.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 9, 2020 7:45 AM

I loved Supergirl during its first season when it was on CBS. My favorite part about it by far was Supergirl’s relationship with her boss, Ally McBeal. I liked how her boss was obviously influenced by the Devil Wears Prada but was actually a lot warmer and a real mentor to Supergirl.

When the show moved to The CW, I followed. And it was the same every single week: A new alien enemy! Supergirl saves the day! A new alien enemy! Supergirl saves the day! Unwatchable. It was an entirely different series even though it was the same series.

by Anonymousreply 128August 9, 2020 7:54 AM

Brandon Routh has said that he would like to do an HBO Max show with his version of Superman.

by Anonymousreply 129August 9, 2020 7:57 AM

[Quote] Brandon Routh has said that he would like to do an HBO Max show with his version of Superman.

I enjoyed seeing Brandon again as SM. But I don't know if they would do that while Superman and Lois airs, unless it's a miniseries.

by Anonymousreply 130August 9, 2020 8:11 AM

The fight scenes in Stargirl are really well done. I expect a major downgrade when it moves to the CW. And will they still be able to afford Luke Wilson?

For your enjoyment- a nice display of Neil Jackson’s (The Icicle) crotch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 9, 2020 8:43 AM

[Quote] The fight scenes in Stargirl are really well done. I expect a major downgrade when it moves to the CW. And will they still be able to afford Luke Wilson?

I do too. I can't see Luke sticking around either.

by Anonymousreply 132August 9, 2020 9:33 AM

Is the DC tv world risking its audiences with the focus on superheroines and female characters? Flash and Black Lightning have male title characters, but with a huge focus on the female supporting cast. Supergirl, Batwoman, Statgirl and now Catwoman have female central characters, as will the Arrow spin-off if it happens and even Superman isn't allowed a solo series. Are they neglecting the male audience, which is supposedly the bedrock of superhero fandom? Don't get me wrong, I love superheroines (I have a total lifelong devotion to the Scarlet Witch than is un-dentable). I'm just wondering about viewer demographics.

by Anonymousreply 133August 9, 2020 12:31 PM

[Quote] and even Superman isn't allowed a solo series.

Does Smallville count??

by Anonymousreply 134August 9, 2020 2:34 PM

Not exactly a current show, is it, R134? Unlike, you know, all the ones listed.

by Anonymousreply 135August 9, 2020 2:41 PM

R133 You do realize there is a Superman show coming to CW right? Unless it's not considered a 'solo' show because it has Lois in the title?

by Anonymousreply 136August 9, 2020 3:32 PM

Presumably the CW audience is predominantly female and the concentration of females is to garner that audience. Wouldn't work for mainstream cinema with the exception being Wonder Woman but not room for too much else.

by Anonymousreply 137August 10, 2020 11:24 AM

Yes, exactly that - it's Superman and Lois. I'm only amazed we don't have Flash and Iris yet. Again, I don't mind superheroine shows - if they offered ongoing series for Zatanna, Power Girl, Black Orchid and a Golden-Age set Liberty Belle, I'd be there with my hair in a braid, but why not something for the boys? And I include the gay boys- there's barely a cute guy left standing in the supporting casts now.

by Anonymousreply 138August 10, 2020 12:25 PM

They might as well change the name of the show to "Iris". Already this failed newspaper reporter is smarter than all the PhD's on the show.

by Anonymousreply 139August 10, 2020 1:44 PM

You’re racist r139

So what if the show sucks

by Anonymousreply 140August 10, 2020 2:26 PM

Is anyone going to watch DC Fandome??

by Anonymousreply 141August 10, 2020 2:26 PM

Green Lantern series is a go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 10, 2020 1:21 AM

I hope it's more Superhero-ish and less romantic angst/family drama like The Flash.

by Anonymousreply 143October 10, 2020 1:30 AM

It's HBO Max and not CW, so it should be more action R143

by Anonymousreply 144October 10, 2020 1:36 AM

Canceled my DC TV subscription this week.

by Anonymousreply 145October 10, 2020 1:44 AM

R144 hopefully they don't move it to the CW like Supergirl and Stargirl.

by Anonymousreply 146October 10, 2020 7:06 AM

I have a feeling the new DC shows will start popping up on HBO Max while the older CW shows start dying out.

by Anonymousreply 147October 10, 2020 8:49 AM

Any word if Season 2 of Stargirl has started filming? I know it was officially renewed but that no longer means anything anymore.

The guy who plays Hourman used for post about the show on Instagram on a daily basis. He hasn’t posted anything new since August.

by Anonymousreply 148October 10, 2020 8:59 AM

[Quote] while the older CW shows start dying out.

Wouldn't be a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 149October 10, 2020 9:15 AM

I wouldn't mind it either. The CW shows have run its course and not as good as they used to be.

They just announced more info on the GREEN LANTERN HBO Max show and I'm excited for it. Even though it's from the same producers of other CW shows, they have more leeway with it being on HBO Max.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 10, 2020 10:41 AM

[Quote] I wouldn't mind it either. The CW shows have run its course and not as good as they used to be.

Well Supergirl is ending and Arrow is finished. I'm not sure how much longer The Flash will be on for. But Batwoman and Superman are just getting started.

by Anonymousreply 151October 10, 2020 11:20 AM

Looks like the Green Lantern series will keep Guy Gardner gay like his Earth 2 version in the comics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 14, 2020 3:32 AM

R148 I think Stargirl doesn't start filming again until either late this year or sometime next year.

Supposedly Batwoman and Superman and Lois are getting slight budget increases.

by Anonymousreply 153October 14, 2020 3:44 AM

Meant Alan Scott, not Guy Gardner being gay

by Anonymousreply 154October 14, 2020 3:45 AM

[Quote] Supposedly Batwoman and Superman and Lois are getting slight budget increases.

Couldn't hurt, especially in Superman's case. Although i don't see the writing improving.

by Anonymousreply 155October 14, 2020 3:57 AM

There's rumor that the Flash(tv show) might possibly be delayed again.

by Anonymousreply 156November 1, 2020 11:05 AM

R156 I saw that too. And i think it's supposed to air in February.

by Anonymousreply 157November 2, 2020 1:57 AM

Legends is already back filming and it is speculated that the Flash could have between 16 to 20 episodes this season.

by Anonymousreply 158November 4, 2020 11:08 AM

R158 most of those shows could benefit from having less episodes.

by Anonymousreply 159November 5, 2020 3:37 AM

R159 The reason why some of them may want a few more episodes, is so they can wrap up the stories they didn't get to finish from last season.

Some are starting to speculate on the possible future fates of the CW DCTV shows especially Legends and Black Lightning in the wake of all these new DC tv shows coming to HBO Max.

If the Flash does ever go off the air maybe Grant can see if Ryan Murphy will let him fuck him again for a role on one of his tv shows.

by Anonymousreply 160November 5, 2020 4:36 AM

[Quote] The reason why some of them may want a few more episodes, is so they can wrap up the stories they didn't get to finish from last season.

I get that.

[Quote] Some are starting to speculate on the possible future fates of the CW DCTV shows especially Legends and Black Lightning in the wake of all these new DC tv shows coming to HBO Max.

I don't see Black Lightning ending just yet. But not so sure about Legends and The Flash.

[Quote] If the Flash does ever go off the air maybe Grant can see if Ryan Murphy will let him fuck him again for a role on one of his tv shows.

🤢🤢🤢

by Anonymousreply 161November 5, 2020 8:01 AM

In terms of ratings The Flash is said to be at the top r161 while Black Lightning is supposedly towards the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 162November 5, 2020 8:23 AM

Ahh which male Glee actor didn't have to take a turn on Ryan Murphy's casting couch.

by Anonymousreply 163November 6, 2020 7:59 AM

R163 i really think only Chord and Darren did.

by Anonymousreply 164November 6, 2020 11:15 AM

R164 They both did even if Darren likes to pretend he didn't. Chord allegedly didn't at first but later on had to once he came back because he pissed off Ryan for leaving.

by Anonymousreply 165November 6, 2020 1:29 PM

I thought we had already verified that Ryan Murphy has no sexual organs.

by Anonymousreply 166November 6, 2020 1:31 PM

R165 to be fair, i wouldn't want to acknowledge it either.

by Anonymousreply 167November 6, 2020 11:36 PM

Maybe r167 but that closet case practically used Ryan's couch.

Who knows how much longer the Flash has left . Some believing maybe 1 or 2 seasons at the most left. Also some fans were pissed that the Reverse Flash wasn't in Crisis after years of hyping him up as being apart of it.

by Anonymousreply 168November 7, 2020 9:48 PM

Painkiller from Black Lightning is getting his own spin-off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 13, 2020 3:10 AM

Superhero shows generally need more nudity. Titans gets it right.

by Anonymousreply 170November 13, 2020 3:11 AM

Have they even made a decision on that Green Arrow spinoff yet?

by Anonymousreply 171November 13, 2020 3:41 AM

It looks like they're going to be doing Alan Scott's daughter on Stargirl season 2.

by Anonymousreply 172November 13, 2020 3:46 AM

I don't think the father knows, he probably is blowing them in the garage or something. Sometimes these guys just want to blow their load and go.

by Anonymousreply 173November 13, 2020 3:53 AM

[Quote] Have they even made a decision on that Green Arrow spinoff yet?

No they haven't. An announcement was supposed to be made back in August. I don't understand what the hold up is.

by Anonymousreply 174November 13, 2020 8:19 AM

Another new DCTV show is in the works. This time for the CW. A Wonder Girl tv show about the new Wonder Girl they just very recently introduced into DC comics and are currently writing for. This new Wonder Girl being the product of an Amazonian and a Brazilian God.

by Anonymousreply 175November 16, 2020 11:21 PM

¿Quién es Donna Troy?

by Anonymousreply 176November 17, 2020 12:30 AM

Donna Troy is on Titans. This possible Wonder Girl for the CW will be Yara Flor. Who was just recently introduced in the comics. There are calls by some that if the show is picked up for them not to do what Fox did and not to use Wonder Woman's rogues gallery.

by Anonymousreply 177November 17, 2020 5:22 AM

Are there more Wonder Girls than Robins now?

by Anonymousreply 178November 17, 2020 8:30 AM

R178 There have been 3 Wonder Girls including this current one and if you don't count Dianna while there have been five Robins.

by Anonymousreply 179November 17, 2020 8:47 AM

What about little ‘ol me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180November 17, 2020 1:01 PM

[Quote] Another new DCTV show is in the works. This time for the CW.

Isn't it always for the CW? I'd rather have a show about Nubia.

by Anonymousreply 181November 17, 2020 1:38 PM

I would like to see Nubia and I-Ching to have their own series.

by Anonymousreply 182November 17, 2020 3:50 PM

R182 I would too but not on the CW.

by Anonymousreply 183November 18, 2020 12:04 AM

No r181 many of the new announced DC comics tv shows have been going to HBO Max.

by Anonymousreply 184November 20, 2020 5:00 AM

R184 but they'll also be on the CW.

by Anonymousreply 185November 20, 2020 6:42 AM

As of right now no they won't r185. The CW DC comics tv shows are now going to HBO Max instead of Netflix after they finish their season's on the CW.

by Anonymousreply 186November 20, 2020 7:36 AM

Black Lightning is coming to end with season 4. There are accusations of racism about the upcoming Superman and Lois show. Supposedly some fans are angry at Caity Lotz and Chris Wood and angry that Legends is continuing while Black Lightning will be ending.

by Anonymousreply 187November 20, 2020 7:10 PM

CW have put all their eggs in one basket and now they are plumbing the depths of comic world and are coming up with D grade superheroes that no-one cares about other than comic fanboys.

by Anonymousreply 188November 20, 2020 9:06 PM

[Quote] Black Lightning is coming to end with season 4.

They should get at least 6. Now the Painkiller spin-off makes sense.

[Quote] There are accusations of racism about the upcoming Superman and Lois show.

Nadria has done several interviews and Ray Fischer reached out to her. Todd sounds like an absolute idiot saying there aren't many black actors in Canada.

[Quote] Supposedly some fans are angry at Caity Lotz and Chris Wood

Caity's been messy on twitter and her hanging out with Ruby doesn't help that. But why Chris? What did he do?

by Anonymousreply 189November 20, 2020 11:10 PM

Who is Ruby

by Anonymousreply 190November 21, 2020 12:17 AM

R190 the actress who was fired from Batwoman.

by Anonymousreply 191November 21, 2020 1:07 AM

I'm not completely sure r189 but supposedly I think Chris said something about people and families should try coming back together after Joe Biden won the election.

There has already been rumors swirling around that Black Lightning might not last much longer.

by Anonymousreply 192November 23, 2020 3:30 AM

[Quote] There has already been rumors swirling around that Black Lightning might not last much longer.

I wonder if one of the reasons was because Cress wasn't willing to move to Vancouver. And it's shitty that China didn't know the show was being cancelled till they announced it.

by Anonymousreply 193November 23, 2020 9:51 AM

David will be directing (and appearing in) several episodes of different shows from the Arrowverse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194December 2, 2020 11:51 AM

The Flash is possibly being delayed again after someone there tested positive.

by Anonymousreply 195December 2, 2020 3:22 PM

Ava DuVernay will be putting out a new DCTV show for the CW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196December 6, 2020 2:28 AM

R196 i feel like this is a step down for Ava.

by Anonymousreply 197December 6, 2020 3:29 AM

Well r197 she had to reassure DC fans that despite doing this tv show. She still plans to do the New Gods movie. It seems that DC/WB is just handing out potential tv shows for their characters. I guess to compete with the MCU.

by Anonymousreply 198December 6, 2020 7:42 AM

[Quote] I guess to compete with the MCU.

Well they're doing a terrible job at it. And it's not much better in the movie department.

by Anonymousreply 199December 6, 2020 10:18 AM

[quote] There is just too much TV and I don't think they're good anymore. What are your thoughts?

You made a commitment to watching these tv shows and you should keep it. What are you, a communist? If you find there's too much on tv to watch, you are probably spending too much time on other things in your life. I recommend you reexamine your choices and find a way to make more time for tv.

by Anonymousreply 200December 6, 2020 3:45 PM

Why are fans pissed at Caity Lotz because of the Black Lightning cancelation? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 201December 6, 2020 3:54 PM

R201 i didn’t know this was a thing. I know some fans thought it was China's fault because she was going to leave.

by Anonymousreply 202December 7, 2020 5:44 AM

Superman's new suit 🤔

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203December 11, 2020 5:55 AM

Green Arrow And The Canaries isn't happening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204January 9, 2021 12:01 AM

I still like Whose Line Is it Anyway, though I am getting tired of Aisha Tyler's and Wayne Brady's racist comments.

by Anonymousreply 205January 9, 2021 1:39 AM

Not surprising r204 considering all the rumored bts drama and that Kat was allegedly told that she would be getting a spinoff show as the lead and not an ensemble show that it was turning into.

by Anonymousreply 206January 9, 2021 1:40 AM

R206 what drama? I wonder if they will try to put them on Batwoman instead 🤔

by Anonymousreply 207January 9, 2021 7:34 AM

So the project with a gay male lead gets canned - figures.

by Anonymousreply 208January 9, 2021 1:47 PM

Dominic Purcell is quitting Legends. Sounds like some bad blood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 17, 2021 7:53 PM

R209 apparently he isn't and was just fucking around. Though he probably gets points from DL for using cunt in his first instagram post.

by Anonymousreply 210April 19, 2021 11:46 AM

Purcell is a liar. He meant what he wrote. He even edited the post to take out "cunt" and reposted the same thing. Now he's saying he was click-baited. He spouted off, Phil Klemmer came around and offered him recurring and now he's trying to act as if the media was the one stirring up trouble. He's too old and inconsequential for this type of nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 211April 19, 2021 10:32 PM

Get rid of him and bring back Brandon/Ray. No more Nora, though.

by Anonymousreply 212April 20, 2021 2:04 AM

R211 I had a feeling something was up when Ruby left and he commented "fuck Batwoman". Doesn't seem like he gives much of a fuck.

R212 I don't see that happening since Brandon was forced to leave.

by Anonymousreply 213April 24, 2021 12:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214August 27, 2021 10:57 AM

Stargirl moved to the CW with Season 2 but so far the first few episodes have still been great. They introduced Jade (Green Lantern’s daughter) who is searching for her brother…so hopefully a gay Obsidian is on the horizon! And the last episode had a quick preview of Jakeem Thunder (plus a cameo of Ethan Embry as the original Johnny Thunder).

by Anonymousreply 215August 27, 2021 2:09 PM

The executive producer of Arrow is one of the meanest women in all of Hollywood. For that alone, I'd never watch it.

by Anonymousreply 216August 27, 2021 2:24 PM

R216 please elaborate

by Anonymousreply 217August 27, 2021 2:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218December 13, 2021 10:37 PM

OP I think you should definitely give up on Supergirl, considering it's been canceled.

by Anonymousreply 219December 13, 2021 10:46 PM

R219 Supergirl wasn't cancelled. Melissa didn't want to do another season after having a kid.

by Anonymousreply 220December 13, 2021 10:55 PM

I am aware. I didn't mean canceled due to low ratings. I mean canceled because the people involved in the series didn't want to keep doing it. It was flippancy. The point is: everyone needs to "give up on it" because there will be no more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 221December 13, 2021 11:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222January 6, 2022 10:09 AM

Danielle Panabaker is pregnant again and Gary has no romantic chemistry "human Gedion".

by Anonymousreply 223January 20, 2022 4:22 AM

R223 good for her.

by Anonymousreply 224January 20, 2022 11:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 29, 2022 12:12 AM

CW has been worthless since Crazy Ex Girlfriend ended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226March 29, 2022 1:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227August 18, 2022 2:43 PM

Why would anyone with a pulse watch this franchise shit?

by Anonymousreply 228August 18, 2022 2:50 PM

R228 masochism

by Anonymousreply 229August 20, 2022 1:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230November 1, 2022 12:01 AM

I think that Supergirl actress was always upset that she got "demoted" from CBS to the CW, especially since Flockhart jumped ship after the move. She only stayed for the paycheck until she found a good excuse...

by Anonymousreply 231November 1, 2022 12:09 AM

R231 most actors would be. Calista leaving hurt the show and most of the writers were from Gossip Girl. They also had to put up with Andrew Kreisberg being a creep. Six seasons is a good run and they were going to do a Superman show so....

by Anonymousreply 232November 1, 2022 12:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!