Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Just in time for Gay Pride Month!

Dear straight allies, please don’t come to pride until you’ve understood these 6 things.

Here are the rules:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 25, 2019 9:45 PM

No rules. Dear straights, we appreciate your support unconditionally. Thanks for supporting a cause that isn't inherently your own.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2019 12:18 AM

[quote]The mostly transgender patrons of color at The Stonewall are credited with starting the LGBT civil rights movement.

It's common knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2019 12:18 AM

There are no more Pride parades - but there are plenty of trans-dominated events.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2019 12:18 AM

Straight “allies” are a myth like Bush’s “compassionate conservatives.

They’re either horny straight guys hitting on women in gay bars or they’re drunk straight women being a-holes in a gay bar. In either case, they’re no allies. They’re just bigots in pride camouflage.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2019 12:19 AM

They're straight parents or grandparents supporting their son or daughter.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2019 12:20 AM

I hate shit like this. It’s basically, “please treat us like we are special.” It’s a fucking parade. I’m glad that non-gays and lesbians and trans want to come and have a good time. “Don’t take our picture even though I’m dressed in rainbow tights and lipsynching to Lady Gaga while carrying a pride flag.” Mmm hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2019 12:20 AM

No trannies!

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2019 12:21 AM

Thinking about attending this year, may take surveillance in Toronto and post to DL to see normal tranny percentage.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2019 12:22 AM

We celebrate our history and pride by getting messy on meth and fucking in the port a potties along the parade route! Oh, and it’s a protest, too:we protest there aren’t more places to host cum dump parties! Each load is like a fist raised in the air to support our trans sisters!

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2019 12:22 AM

[quote]Straight “allies” are a myth like Bush’s “compassionate conservatives.

So who is voting pro-gay? When Prop 8 came up in LA, it passes by only a slim margin. We are 2-3% of the population on a good day. Someone is supporting is, and being snide about it is just shitty. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2019 12:23 AM

This is not how to Win friends and influence people . What a noxious article .

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2019 12:25 AM

Gay Pride is not Trans Pride

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2019 12:29 AM

Sorry I can't go, #4 on that list eliminates me, even if I'm a gay male.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2019 12:30 AM

Love the bod in Ops pic. Shame about the wig.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2019 12:31 AM

R10 Sure and how long ago was that? A handful of States passed same sex marriage by popular vote before the Supreme Court ruled on it.

Being 2% of the population in a neo nazi environment isn’t being shitty or snide. It’s realisitic. We’re an unpopular minority that’s used and marginalized. Hate crimes against us are at the highest point in ten years with more states pushing aggressively to pass discrimination laws in housing and employment to under the Supreme Court.

This is the same shit that started in Germany in the 1930s and ignoring it is what’s shitty. Trump rules by edit, bypassing Congress - just like Hitler did. He’s a fascist. More than 30% of the country agrees with him, which is the same margin of support Hitler had when he took over the Reichstag.

So, suck it. We’re damned to repeat history and be Trump’s death camp bitches.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2019 12:31 AM

What an insufferable, bleeding gash. Fucking cunt shouldn’t act like she speaks for all.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2019 12:31 AM

Datalounge agrees with #5 though... well, the first half of it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2019 12:33 AM

This article was written by below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2019 12:33 AM

"Resilient Fat Goddex"

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2019 12:38 AM

But you can make shix.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2019 12:40 AM

[quote]we reserve Pride as the opportunity to express ourselves in the way that is most authentic to our community. Sometimes that’s by drunkenly singing Robyn songs at the top of our lungs and sometimes it’s by crying during the eulogy for our murdered trans sisters.

Oh, PLEASE.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2019 12:46 AM

What about our trans BROTHERS??

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2019 12:48 AM

I stopped reading when the author continued to perpetuate the revisionist version/false narrative that The Stonewall patrons and riots were led by trans patrons of color.

There was a DL poster who used to post a very long, informative, and most importantly documented/researched article that takes apart this false narrative the trannies are pulling. Hopefully that DLr will post it again.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2019 12:50 AM

R14 I think he looks fabulous

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2019 12:51 AM

Jesus that quote at R21 is pathetic. People like that that fetishize being a minority for its feeling of exclusivity. Telling others that they’ll just never understand us makes ‘em feel speshul.

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2019 12:58 AM

I'm straight and female. DL might want me fucking off fast to a greasefire 🔥 and fair enough if you stop reading my post at this point. But FWIW here's an 'outsider' POV:-

I've joined lesbian and gay friends and their extended families many times anually at local Pride events and political/fundraiser rallies elsewhere since the Nineties.

The militancy, aims, agenda and forms of Trans activism now manifesting does trouble me to be frank.

R11 R12 and R13 here also confirm to me why my wiser straight course now and likely in future years will be to remain absentee in swelling Pride ranks and numbers ito demonstrate 💪🌈 political solidarity, and muscle that, for me, has never been about JUST the weekend partying or Events usully surrounding Pride in different cities and places worldwide.

Reading here and elsewhere about Edmonton's example, say or what's happening in London and to longtime Lesbian and Feminist activists and spokespeople I've followed, or read, and am locally friends with now villified in different arenas/having their careers and work diminished makes me doubt whether my usuall display of 'alliance' is wise.

That is a shame. I don't know what to do when I read an article like this and the snide simplistic point #4 pisses me off.

I agree with R11 x 1000.

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2019 2:12 AM

R26. It’s not your fight. Now, it may be different in Canada. Here, our events are coopted and turned into straight street festivals.

Maybe straight people think they’re being allies. But a lot of the tactics that were used to suppress us in the 70s and 80s like arresting us for “indecency” (men in leather, the cross dressers), and media’s constant obsession with whatever it considers the most excessive and mockable to put on TV so it appears we’re freaks.

Then, we get the mommy stroller brigades who march through and demand that everything they find objectionable so little Haldol and Xanaxia won’t get offended because WON’T SOMEBODY THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN?

We’re being straightwashed - at a gay event. This is regular.

Increasingly, we have completely non-gay groups that hijack the marches entirely, which has happened in Canada as well. They claim to be “Queer Activists” who have no connection to the gay community, demand the funds raised by the actual groups who have worked all year on these events be turned over to them and of course, they be put in charge or they’ll block the parade in their show of hissy fitism.

This is the kind of shit we’re tired of. It’s why many of us who put up with being bullied in the 70s and 80s by straight people and survived AIDS and watched our friends die and our governments ignore us won’t take crap from a bunch of fake as “allies” or “queers” who treat us like a straight street festival they get to dictate terms to, blackmail or issue proclamations to.

We were born out of rage against being bullied. Stonewall was just one of many, and it wasn’t a bunch of drag queens in stilettos. It was gay men who’d had all the crap they could take and fought back.

That’s why we don’t need any more lecturing from straight allies.

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2019 5:16 AM

I appreciate and thank you for your insights R27.

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2019 5:39 AM

Never been a fan of lumping trans in with Gay Pride.

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2019 6:04 AM

Thank you R26 for being a straight ally.

by Anonymousreply 30May 25, 2019 6:24 AM

With pleasure R30. I will now butt out of the thread.

by Anonymousreply 31May 25, 2019 6:28 AM

Wigs.

by Anonymousreply 32May 25, 2019 6:31 AM

I attended many gay pride parades in NYC and elsewhere when I was young. I still go to the pride fair in my current home city. Some trans were ALWAYS in evidence. For me, this started in 1979. So Trans is not a new phenomenon in gay pride events. (We called them drag queens). Some marched, some were viewers. Additionally, some gay men dressed in obvious drag (beards or mustaches in addition to wigs and makeup) as a sort of camp. I don't call them trans or drag queens, because it was so obvious that they didn't do this on a daily basis.

There WERE drag queens among the protesters at the original Stonewall, and this is attested to in contemporaneous newspaper accounts, so don't be trying revisionist shit here. There were both gay men and trans people at Stonewall.

by Anonymousreply 33May 25, 2019 6:42 AM

Straight ally, you don't need to leave the thread or apologize for being on DL. R27 can fuck himself. He doesn't speak for all of us.

by Anonymousreply 34May 25, 2019 6:46 AM

lol I love articles written by collegiates with the self-awareness and education of a 10th grader with access to Wikipedia.

by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2019 7:04 AM

r27, I appreciate your point of view from your perspective. I am thinking you made some personal experience that had you ending up with a somewhat unique take on the straight allies issue. But I think you are missing (or ignoring) a lot of good points that lets others come to a different opinion. Again: You got some valid points, but please keep in mind that others have points just as valid as yours that makes them reach different conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2019 2:20 PM

After re-reading R27, it's pretty clear he's just upset that he can't walk around in public in nothing but a boa and cock ring.

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2019 4:12 PM

Drag queens are NOT “trans”. They are GAY MEN!!!

by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2019 4:35 PM

Pride is insufferable. I don't date guys who go

by Anonymousreply 39May 25, 2019 5:23 PM

“As a femme-presenting queer woman,”

I know I’m getting old but what goes this mean? Transwoman or lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 40May 25, 2019 5:30 PM

R40. Whatever it is, it sounds like turtlenecks, jeans and cherry chapstick.

by Anonymousreply 41May 25, 2019 5:32 PM

[quote]The mostly transgender patrons of color at The Stonewall are credited with starting the LGBT civil rights movement.

If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes true.

by Anonymousreply 42May 25, 2019 6:01 PM

My God, make it stop.

by Anonymousreply 43May 25, 2019 6:07 PM

That article must have been written by a trans.

by Anonymousreply 44May 25, 2019 6:35 PM

Why do some freaks show up nude with their dicks hanging out and also why are children attending pride parade. straight people should leave their kids at home because kids should not be exposed to seeing a grown man erect penis and men engaging in sexual activities. I saw a picture of a little girl covering her face when a naked man walked by.

by Anonymousreply 45May 25, 2019 6:36 PM

The article is complete bullshit. All one has to do is search online for photos of the Stone wall riots and you will see that OVERWHELMINGLY the crowd is made up of young, white gay men. Why the trans keep pushing this false narrative is beyond me, when there is actual photographic data that disproves it.

by Anonymousreply 46May 25, 2019 6:48 PM

What R46 said.

by Anonymousreply 47May 25, 2019 7:11 PM

I trust the contemporaneous articles, which specifically mention drag queens over photographs.. Most photographs from Stonewall are not date identified, so we don't know if they are day one, two, or three. The article below was written the next day, July 6, 1969

"The whole proceeding took on the aura of a homosexual Academy Awards Night. The Queens pranced out to the street blowing kisses and waving to the crowd. A beauty of a specimen named Stella wailed uncontrollably while being led to the sidewalk in front of the Stonewall by a cop. She later confessed that she didn’t protest the manhandling by the officer, it was just that her hair was in curlers and she was afraid her new beau might be in the crowd and spot her. She didn’t want him to see her this way, she wept.

The crowd began to get out of hand, eye witnesses said. Then, without warning, Queen Power exploded with all the fury of a gay atomic bomb. Queens, princesses and ladies-in-waiting began hurling anything they could get their polished, manicured fingernails on. Bobby pins, compacts, curlers, lipstick tubes and other femme fatale missiles were flying in the direction of the cops. The war was on. The lilies of the valley had become carnivorous jungle plants."

Unless you think that "normal gay white men" of the time routinely carried bobby pins, compacts, curlers, lipstick tubes" etc, then the author of the article was witnessing drag queens and/or trans patrons.

by Anonymousreply 48May 25, 2019 7:20 PM

Sorry, meant to say, the next week ^^^ not the next day.

by Anonymousreply 49May 25, 2019 7:21 PM

r48, you trust a virulently homophobic article from the New York Daily News that matches no other account and is headlined

"HOMO NEST RAIDED, QUEEN BEES STINGING MAD"

Seriously? An article that quotes someone as "lisped, matter-of-factly"?

Please note the photo that ran with the story, which was gay white men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 25, 2019 8:59 PM

This sounds like it was written by the same lesbian who was scolding Mayor Pete for not being gay enough in the way she/it approves.

by Anonymousreply 51May 25, 2019 9:06 PM

Anyone who uses terms like allies is a complete tool.

by Anonymousreply 52May 25, 2019 9:09 PM

Very moving article. Thanks for posting OP, you said a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 25, 2019 9:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!