Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Scary missing person cases

What are some of the freakiest missing person cases you know of? I find MP cases fascinating/terrifying. Sites like NamUs and the Charley Project are great resources and tend to give rundowns of the known details. I will sometimes peruse them and read about random missing people, and sometimes the details are copious and bloodchilling, or sparse and even more mysterious. The Brianna Maitland disappearance has been etched into my brain for years now. There's a chilling photo of her car as it was found backed into an abandoned house; it's the kind of thing nightmares are made of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2019 11:31 PM

Amy Lynn Bradley

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2019 5:28 AM

They're all 'scary'. And bone-chilling. I can't imagine the grief of their friends and family, the neverending agony.

I wonder if their abductors follow the coverage obsessively on the internet?

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2019 5:52 AM

R1, do you think she fell overboard or was abducted

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2019 10:54 PM

Frau alert!

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2019 11:02 PM

This is suspicious re Maitland’s car:

“Around 4:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 20, a former boyfriend of Maitland's drove past the scene after a night of partying across the border in Canada. He thought he recognized the vehicle, but he did not see anyone in or around it.[5]”

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2019 11:12 PM

Most are homicides committed by people they know. Cops usually know this but don't have enough evidence to pin it on the culprit. I read the Charley Project a lot. Or I used to until she fucked with the webpage design. Anyway the saddest cases are the one that have a line like: "wasn't reported missing until two years later". It makes me sad that anyone could be missing that long without anyone noticing.

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2019 11:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!