Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celine Dion - Entertainer Extraordinaire

Definitely a little skinny. She'll figure it out. There are very few singers like her. She will always be in the top five. She gained 60 pounds when she had the twins and then had to lose it in 12 weeks for Vegas. She was a skinny kid with bad teeth (family couldn't afford a dentist) and she was bullied mercilessly in school. She's got to be the hardest working woman in show biz. Gracious and kind. And she can still hit the notes! But she has to start looking after herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 23, 2021 1:45 AM

Okay, so the song...but I get a kick out of watching them try to outdo each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2019 1:32 AM

She's 51 now. And alarmingly thin. Needs to gain a good 20 pounds in the right places.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2019 1:36 AM

Definitely anorexia. No matter how she tries to justify it. She's very defensive about it.

[quote]“If I like it, I don’t want to talk about it. Don’t bother. Don’t take a picture,” she said. “If you like it, I’ll be there. If you don’t, leave me alone.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2019 1:40 AM

She's going to slip away from us in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2019 1:42 AM

Carpool Karaoke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2019 1:43 AM

I hope not. She's always been kind of a beacon of hope for young singers. Amazing vocals.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2019 1:44 AM

R4, So sad to see your prediction. Any reason behind her serious disease? Surprised her management isn't forcing rehab to save her life.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2019 1:57 AM

How's her baby & kids' clothing line selling? It seemed rather dark to me.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2019 1:58 AM

Celine's kid's line is gender-neutral. Pretty cool.

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2019 2:00 AM

Her clothing line has a French or French Canadian aesthetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2019 2:10 AM

Célinununu

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2019 2:15 AM

The most technically superb singer out there. I wish only the best for her.

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2019 2:15 AM

She's a rare bird. So painfully sincere that she seems fake. But it's real. A beautiful singer En Francais and a spectacular vocalist of any time. Her gifts are astounding and she lives LARGE. Celine is still that girl from the backwoods of Quebec. This is from her amazing concert and career retrospective on the Plains of Abraham. Paul McCartney wanted this venue for the 400th anniversaire, but are you kidding? Dion gave a free concert full of love. Her voice was a bit raw, but the night was so beautiful and the performances were spectacular. I was on that stage...

Celine sings American anthems so often that Canadians get pissed off. Celine is the biggest selling French artist of all time. People who think her songs are all bombastic and corny should listen to her b e a u t i f u l voice in her native language. Her French albums are very fine indeed. Less chest pounding and melisma, she's full of vocal sense and great interpretive gifts.

Celine is deeply loved. She's amusing. Crazy. Very warm hearted. With laser fast runs, gorgeous overtones to her voice, she's THAT beautiful belting lyric soprano with 4 octaves, perfect pitch, a gorgeous head voice and cello like low tones. All that famous resonance. One of the greatest voices of all time. Celine respects her voice AND her audience. Her husband made her seem cheap at times. She's gone wild without him. She doesn't look well. Her heart stays open though she's suffers a lot. She won't leave her children on purpose, but nobody can talk to her this day. She was told what to do since she was 14 years old. Can't convince her to eat right now. She thinks she's fabulous. A pure heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2019 2:18 AM

I was never really a fan of her music especially that horrifying Titanic song but my husband loves her and I bought him and his family tickets for her last US tour. I swear to fucking God she put on a fucking show like I hadn't seen in a long time! The crowd lost their shit! It was spectacular in sound and in its visuals. Even the fucking boat song! I still remember it. Yes, we will see her on this latest tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2019 2:30 AM

[quote]And she can still hit the notes!

No, she can't. She's been lip-syncing her big songs for over a decade. Her vocal decline is noticeable with a raspy and husky tone in her mid and higher registers. Her only greatness as a singer was her upper register when she was younger, but her mid register was always average. She was always inferior to Streisand, Houston and Franklin in terms of voice and interpretive ability.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2019 2:32 AM

This bitch needs to eat a sandwich ASAP. Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2019 2:33 AM

I yam zee greatest zeenger in zee world!

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2019 2:34 AM

Eat a cookie, girl!

by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2019 2:34 AM

She's simply the best. A tribute to Tina Turner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 22, 2019 2:38 AM

I'd have loved to have seen her Vegas show. She ends it in June.

by Anonymousreply 20May 22, 2019 2:38 AM

Define "upper register" R15. Of course Streisand and Aretha were greater in some ways, but Celine, Mariah and Whitney each had vocal qualities and superlative gifts that those older women could not match. Celine's voice is no longer pristine, but in much better shape than most.

Here is our girl with Destiny's Child. Canadian TV special. Beyonce is impressive but overruns the song to death and falls off flat mid run too many times. Celine executes an operatic riff at the 2 minute mark with such purity and precision that everything Bey does after seems oversung. It takes effort to oversing Celine! Celine is always gracious, which can lead to some bad on stage collaborations. Part of her charm. She's a chest thumping Diva, but she's just a chick who sings too. Like Whitney, Celine could sing anywhere, anytime. Off the back of a truck. The production values weren't needed. Good shoes and a pretty dress, yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2019 2:50 AM

[quote]She's been lip-syncing her big songs for over a decade.

You mean she's occasionally been lip-syncing some glory notes in a few of her big songs during the eight years she sang those songs in Las Vegas every night.

by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2019 2:58 AM

Much like R14 I am not a huge fan, but her show in Vegas was excellent. I saw it in March and she is too thin. She doesn't look healthy.

by Anonymousreply 23May 22, 2019 3:19 AM

[quote]This world-famous singer is not just a performer. She is a vocalist who takes her craft very seriously. It’s paid off, too. She has had an enduring career at the top of the charts and is fabulously wealthy. Our shocking news comes from someone who is VERY close to the singer. Our singer has been married and is a devoted mother. However, there is another person in the picture. Our singer has a long-time girlfriend! The relationship with her husband? Friendship, business, and procreation. The relationship with the girlfriend? Love and sex.

Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2019 3:20 AM

That's right R22. Celine can sing. She notoriously takes care of her voice. She's far from done. Her early and constant vocal accomplishments were so remarkable that people expect a lot. You won't hear many bad Celine reviews yet. Celine sings. Some notes of some songs - maybe not. But she can. She is singing always. They designed her show to be perfect because she is capable of being perfect. Now at 51 she understands that she has some rasp and bad days. She's a champion who has discovered she doesn't have to be perfect. Celine always wants to be perfect. Ashes. And she's so thin. Courage.

Her voice was from another world....whether you like her vocal inflections or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 22, 2019 3:24 AM

That was great R13. Makes me want to move back to Canada. This is my favorite Celine song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 22, 2019 3:25 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 22, 2019 3:28 AM

R25, Would that be why she has an eating disorder? Can't accept not always being in control?

by Anonymousreply 28May 22, 2019 3:29 AM

Celine and boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 22, 2019 3:29 AM

That's Pepe, her gayfriend, not her boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 30May 22, 2019 3:30 AM

Celine runs a clean machine. It's old and quite long but gives a great backstage look at her Vegas show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 22, 2019 3:31 AM

One of the greatest. I love her meet and greet with the kid in the wheelchair at 11:05.

by Anonymousreply 32May 22, 2019 3:38 AM

She has said numerous times that that 'bf' is her gay best friend.

by Anonymousreply 33May 22, 2019 3:46 AM

Yes, but who's her lipstick lover?

by Anonymousreply 34May 22, 2019 3:47 AM

she has always seemed half daft to me, like autism spectrum. When Kathy Griffin was taking the piss out of her to her face she just didn't get it.

by Anonymousreply 35May 22, 2019 3:47 AM

Is she ill? She sure looks it.

She needs to fill out that horse face of hers.

by Anonymousreply 36May 22, 2019 3:48 AM

Big voice. Grazy funny and odd but lovely. Interesting to see her and Barbra doing concerts during same weekend this summer.

by Anonymousreply 37May 22, 2019 3:50 AM

She probably doesn’t get a lot of English subtleties. She didn’t speak the language until her 20s and with her husband and all the Cirque staff, she was speaking French a lot. Despite living in Vegas, even her son has a strong Quebec accent.

by Anonymousreply 38May 22, 2019 3:50 AM

She comes in just under Madonna (richest singer at $800M) with a $630M fortune.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 22, 2019 3:57 AM

The word she uses to describe herself: "Intense, intense, intense." (thumps chest)

by Anonymousreply 40May 22, 2019 4:00 AM

Sweet person. Creative genius. A bit strange.

Talented beyond belief.

Severely anorexic.

In a very long term relationship with a beloved female partner.

by Anonymousreply 41May 22, 2019 4:02 AM

Thanks R26. That is one of my favorite songs of Celine too. Deceptively smooth and sexy. The beautiful tone and flow of her voice, her fast little runs that sound so French AND like something that Whitney or Aretha would do. The song builds with melodic key changes to something sublime. JJ Goldman wrote that for her. I hope they at least kissed. Her flow with him was sweet. Here is a more free version of them singing it together.

Listen to the beautiful overtone quality of her voice. (overtone is the vocal production of two sounds at once - like monks, some africans, some mountain singers, Bobby McFerrin and Celine Dion. Her overtone singing in My Heart Will Go On is what made people go insane. The hit song was her demo recording. She didn't love the song. Never went back and made it better. She's that good. Celine doesn't overanalyze. She wanted to sing opera, but was plucked into superstardom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 22, 2019 4:08 AM

When I was a gayling and got my heart broke for the first time, like a good queen I locked myself in my apartment, pulled down the blinds, and listened to Ne Me Quitte Pas (If You Go Away) by that other lesbian, er singer, Lana Cantrell -- and I just cried my little eyes out. Listening to Celine do that song takes me right back there. Thanks a lot!

by Anonymousreply 43May 22, 2019 4:14 AM

Celine is a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 44May 22, 2019 4:22 AM

At VIPFAQ 41% say gay. 43% say straight. 16% say bi.

by Anonymousreply 45May 22, 2019 4:25 AM

Celine is not a lesbian. I know for sure. More than Oprah - Celine would be the first person to inform the world if she was a lesbian. And she would tell one of her audiences. She took no time to set the record straight about her "boytoy". He's gay is what she said. Celine is not a lesbian. Wish her some happiness with a quality younger man in her future. She deserves some good dick, but she's not Mariah or JLo. She's not thirsty for dick or anxious to appear younger than she is.

Listen to her sing a bit of Piaf here. She looks and sounds tired - her voice is unmistakable. Her tone and resonance set her apart. She's one of a kind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 22, 2019 4:34 AM

See the other thread with just karaoke video

She's saying: I'm doing rounds of chemo

by Anonymousreply 47May 22, 2019 4:51 AM

Chemo? What?!

by Anonymousreply 48May 22, 2019 4:53 AM

Port on left shoulder, jacket shift micro-expression as she enters car. On percs for pain.

Know that horrible little town. Built up truck stop. Strip mall with strip club. VFW hall. The homes however have fabulous flooring & tile. Nice unexpected surprise.

Think her brother passed of cancer right around RC death. It was a double whammy

by Anonymousreply 49May 22, 2019 5:08 AM

Yup. Cancer. 2 days after Rene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 22, 2019 5:15 AM

Celine is starting on a world tour and is still in residence in Las Vegas. She wouldn't be the first celebrity to hide their cancer, but she LIVED with it for ten hard years with her husband. They handled it quite beautifully. Some here will disagree. Celine would never leave her family if she hadn't long to live. Don't spread lies.

Listen, there is always hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 22, 2019 5:36 AM

R51, just saying what I'm picking up. Know it when I see it. Not fibbing. Read the thread, fool.

by Anonymousreply 52May 22, 2019 5:46 AM

You're a menace & a fool R52. Lucky that no one reads this shit. Don't spread lies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 22, 2019 6:11 AM

R51, you don't know these people. To stay distracted and soldier on, relentless is exactly what her tribe is known for. They held their land. There's a historical pic of her grandfather? & great uncle? set up on the shore, in summer camp with their birch bark wigwams. 11 hour drive NE from Montreal. Don't feel like hunting it now. Mi'kmaqs don't surrender and stew. Those people are on fire in their entire earth walk.

by Anonymousreply 54May 22, 2019 6:12 AM

She was so funny with James Corden, but she really looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 55May 22, 2019 6:24 AM

Je sais R55. How could you NOT see it? It's like reading in a millisecond, ticket punch that Avenitti is a dirtbag. How people were fooled by him is beyond me! Your perceptions must be warped or undeveloped to be duped by that ball of grease. People who couldn't gauge him must always seek counsel when making important decisions. They can never be a leader.

by Anonymousreply 56May 22, 2019 6:37 AM

This is LIVE. Celine was so pretty. Life is hard man. She sang this song live on Rosie in the fucking morning too! Her voice holds a million marvels, not just belted big notes.

Two baby's on first chorus, three baby's last chorus. Baby baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 22, 2019 6:43 AM

R54, Never realized Celine had First Nations ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 58May 22, 2019 6:52 AM

She's a bit of a try hard.

by Anonymousreply 59May 22, 2019 6:58 AM

At home, In Montreal. Sainte-Justine fundraiser. A hospital. Celine is involved. She visits. This is one of her most popular French songs. Nothing bombastic. To understand Celine and to fully appreciate her voice - you must listen to her French recordings. This album is the second best selling French recording of all time. Celine has also the first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 22, 2019 6:59 AM

They all do up there. Even Hillary Clinton. Not sure about Queen Camilla (the shovel teeth don't lie)😅 Bieber's mom from the Gaspé as well, like Celine. Angelina Jolie has the winged incisors. Don't know about Madonna or Gaga. Norm McDonald is from there but over by "the English" town. Trudeau is but it is back more generations & went Métis early on. Ryan Goseling. Just so many. 500 years of contact & everybody has a surprise! In DNA results. Beiber's mom hails from area Indian Cove, Seal Cove where a war was about to go down between inuit & mi'kmaq fishing rights but they all ended up sleeping together & settling a new large camp. Whores! Now that's the art of war. Some towns speak french, fly quebec flag next town over, English name, fly canadian flag & only speak english. hugging cliffs usually

by Anonymousreply 61May 22, 2019 7:16 AM

"Scrawny Old Hen" is not a good look.

At least wear a scarf, Celine!

by Anonymousreply 62May 22, 2019 7:30 AM

R60, i know the deal..flashing back to my visit in Charlemagne. Gaspé consider that a hillbilly town, 11 hours south. I can take her in limited doses bad enough i've got to contend with myself. On fire!

by Anonymousreply 63May 22, 2019 7:33 AM

Jesus, I think the Celine stan is the biggest in the history of DL. Makes Jabba look like a piker.

by Anonymousreply 64May 22, 2019 7:47 AM

We have Janbot and now Celinebot?

She looks.... Wow. It's kinda refreshing to see a megafamous person just not give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 65May 22, 2019 7:48 AM

I'm not Celine bot. I am your guide. You're welcome. Nothing lasts forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 22, 2019 8:03 AM

The One To Love You More

by Anonymousreply 67May 22, 2019 8:07 AM

Yes, definitely a Celinebot!

by Anonymousreply 68May 22, 2019 8:27 AM

Anyone has a ticket to Hyde Park in July? Céline Fri, Streisand Sun, same place.

by Anonymousreply 69May 22, 2019 8:57 AM

She had an amazing voice, probably the best white singer ever (Streisand got nothing on her), but she isn't really a great interpreter like Whitney or even Gaga, who can sit down at the piano and just draw you in.

Bringing a song to live is a different skill additional to being a great singer.

by Anonymousreply 70May 22, 2019 9:03 AM

This is a bit awkward because Anne Murray is touching her, Still, Celine sounds like an angel here and they harmonize very well. Celine was Anne Murray's guest star on Canadian TV!! Always stay humble girl. Celine is the sweetest girl around. The same can't be said of her late husband. The only people who don't love Celine are those afraid to sing with her. LIVE. (that's you Barbra)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 22, 2019 9:31 AM

Clearly, something is very wrong. I fear we're losing her.

by Anonymousreply 72May 22, 2019 9:39 AM

Get well soon Celine.

by Anonymousreply 73May 22, 2019 9:54 AM

Has she lied about her age? No way is she 51.

by Anonymousreply 74May 22, 2019 9:55 AM

Does Celine's pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 75May 22, 2019 9:58 AM

Ah, the placement here is insane. Don't say that Celine can't interpret songs if you don't speak her language. She is most versatile. Here she keeps her voice a little guttural and then forward in the facial mask, trapping her resonance to make a thicker and slightly more crude sound. Her vibrato is gorgeous as ever but more pronounced on purpose. She is singing not in the quebecois conversational french style that is her home but very much more like a Parisian chanteuse. A la Piaf. So beautiful to listen to, so emotional and generous. Celine is always more free in herself when she sings in French. Here she is magnificent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 22, 2019 10:06 AM

Celine at her best:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 22, 2019 12:13 PM

If you want an example of "camp" go to 11:40 in the video.

by Anonymousreply 78May 22, 2019 12:17 PM

R77 Lucky those who saw the last part. She is funny weird odd but it must be some life to have that big voice and global superstardom.

by Anonymousreply 79May 22, 2019 1:42 PM

She's a dork, and I love her for it. She looks terrible, though.

by Anonymousreply 80May 22, 2019 1:45 PM

At her dorkiest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 22, 2019 1:46 PM

Charlemagne looks dumpy and depressing on Gmaps Street View. Is it considered redneck for Quebec?

by Anonymousreply 82May 22, 2019 1:56 PM

What happened to Celine's voice?

Nothing, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 22, 2019 2:47 PM

She always had a face for radio.

by Anonymousreply 84May 22, 2019 2:54 PM

Nevermind that she has 10,000 pairs of shoes, honey. Anyone who looks that scary skeletal either needs to be checked into a medical /psychiatric institution for emergency treatment or is terminal...

by Anonymousreply 85May 22, 2019 3:25 PM

Exactly R85. She ADMITS she is that skinny on purpose. She is CHOOSING not to eat so she can wear haute couture. It really is bizarre and she is mentally ill. Her kids won't give a shit if she is wearing a size 00 "power suit" with giant shoulder pads in her coffin.

by Anonymousreply 86May 22, 2019 3:30 PM

Here she is looking a bit healthier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 22, 2019 3:31 PM

If the people who love her don't stage an intervention they will regret it for the rest of their lives. And so will the rest of us. Please get this woman some help.

by Anonymousreply 88May 22, 2019 3:36 PM

😂 R70! Assez! Stop your JIGABOO-ICATION of our continent. In what world is Celine Dion WHITE?

She had an amazing voice, probably the best WHITE singer ever (Streisand got nothing on her), but she isn't really a great interpreter like Whitney or even Gaga,"

The FINEST, most advanced indigenous tribe in the whole entire hemisphere. Bar fuckin'none

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 23, 2019 12:35 AM

R82, read the thread you rube

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 23, 2019 12:38 AM

You see I think Celine would have been a much better person to have done the interval gig at the Eurovision Song Contest, after all, she has won it unlike Madge!

by Anonymousreply 91May 23, 2019 12:41 AM

Taber R91

Madge shares in this glory because her mom hails from Quebec. What a coincidence!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 23, 2019 1:08 AM

BTW, R70, Beyonce works into this whole pedigree as well. Coincidence?

by Anonymousreply 93May 23, 2019 1:12 AM

@R92, yes, that's Hillary a la gauche. Coincidence?

Come now. Admit it

by Anonymousreply 94May 23, 2019 1:14 AM

Crazy Eskimo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 23, 2019 1:24 AM

Her voice is hard. Metallic. Often harsh and whiney. She's not among the great female vocalists. Not a great interpreter of lyrics. Streisands voice, in her 1960s- early 1970s prime, was lush...complex...much more depth there is no comparison. Still, Celine Dion is infinitely better than the amateurish Whitney Houston ever was. And more listenable than the vastly overrated and sloppy Aretha. I will give Celine Dion credit for not showing off with caterwauling and useless vocal gymnastics. She can actually sing and maybe she puts on a good show but as far as greatness goes, she's second-tier.

by Anonymousreply 96May 23, 2019 1:58 AM

Why won’t she eat? She is a skeleton in that passenger seat. Jesus. Fashionable clothes my ass.

by Anonymousreply 97May 23, 2019 1:59 AM

R96 I agree with all you said except for one thing. She is definitely in the First Tier of entertainers. And Streisand, although not harsh, could be whiny. Talent like Celine's rarely comes around and she has managed to outlast and outlive most of her competition. I'm assuming she's not on the pipe, I mean I really can't see her as a crackhead, but she kinda reminds me of Whitney when she showed up at that Michael Jackson thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 23, 2019 2:06 AM

She's funny in that commercial R11 but it's super weird. Her gender neutral clothes, if that's what this commercial is about, look like prison uniforms for toddlers.

by Anonymousreply 99May 23, 2019 2:12 AM

Celine was never as good a live singer as Ariana Grande. Neither was Whitney, for that matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 23, 2019 2:23 AM

Now don't be stupid R100. This is a nice thread - go have your psychotic break elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 101May 23, 2019 2:53 AM

I was never a huge fan but thought she was a good singer. Then I saw her original show in Las Vegas. She was phenomenal! And you can tell she really appreciates her fans. I saw the show 2 more times while she was there. If you didn’t get a chance to see it, there is a dvd. I have watched it several times as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 23, 2019 2:55 AM

The video at R31 really shows how complex her Vegas show is. She's a powerhouse. Everyone who works for her seems devoted to her and I can understand why. She's always in control. And that may explain some of what is going on with her now because she looks 70.

by Anonymousreply 103May 23, 2019 3:03 AM

She looks old because that's how a normal white, middle aged woman in her 50's look without cosmetic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 104May 23, 2019 3:17 AM

Surely you mean: that's how a normal white, middle-aged woman in her 50's WHO STARVES HERSELF looks without cosmetic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 105May 23, 2019 3:30 AM

Mariah Carey is more talented and cannot stand Celine!

by Anonymousreply 106May 23, 2019 3:38 AM

Mariah. Now if we want to talk about lipsyncing. Or notsyncing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 23, 2019 3:44 AM

Kelly Ripa is 48 and super skinny but her face looks normal, or at least a lot better than Celine at 51. Even Wendy Williams with all she went through looks better at 54. But I love Celine. Truly one of the greats on the world stage. Celine should be secure enough to let go. She's a very talented and a very wealthy woman who needs to fix this so we can have her around for a long time. I think in the end, barring something grave, it will be her kids who make her stop. In the meantime, I wish her nothing but the best.

by Anonymousreply 108May 23, 2019 3:52 AM

It's sad because Celine had a beautiful head of hair. Her hair looks over-processed now and a little too short.

by Anonymousreply 109May 23, 2019 3:55 AM

R105 She looks too skinny, compared to American standards. She looks fine in the recent clip at R11.

I remember seeing some American tourists in Montreal many years ago. They looked extremely fat compared to the French Canadians.

by Anonymousreply 110May 23, 2019 3:58 AM

It's either cancer or anorexia.

by Anonymousreply 111May 23, 2019 4:03 AM

Mariah and Cel carpool

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 23, 2019 4:04 AM

R101 busting my balls on other threads but i must say, that's quite the retort. WW

A Good one. Gonna use it

by Anonymousreply 113May 23, 2019 4:10 AM

R101

-MerciProchaine

😅

by Anonymousreply 114May 23, 2019 4:12 AM

Ana Gasteyer really was dead on as Celine. Like Debra Wilson was for Whitney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 23, 2019 4:15 AM

R98

Common denominator here?

Whitney/Celine

Death looming usually shows itself

by Anonymousreply 116May 23, 2019 4:17 AM

Stop with the jigabooification. Can we not have anything to ourselves without you inflicting your black ass down our throats?

Fatigued

by Anonymousreply 117May 23, 2019 4:22 AM

Celine = Queen of Oversing.

by Anonymousreply 118May 23, 2019 4:28 AM

R108 back to Lipstick Alley before I put a Mi'kmaq curse on your poor black ass

Shoo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 23, 2019 4:54 AM

b e a u t i f u l

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 23, 2019 5:00 AM

Celine is, and has always been a dog. She's not even average looking. Woof!

by Anonymousreply 121May 23, 2019 5:30 AM

Does she tan herself in Vegas? He face looks like a Vuitton bag.

by Anonymousreply 122May 23, 2019 5:34 AM

Amazing how one big song can sustain a career forever (like with Cher).

Poor Madonna and Janet have loads of hits and get no respect.

by Anonymousreply 123May 23, 2019 5:39 AM

Her body image is completely distorted. She's wasting away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 23, 2019 5:56 AM

Christina Bianco does a pretty wicked Celine impersonation, though she respects her immensely. WE love you Celine. Stay well. Please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 23, 2019 6:10 AM

Enough with the stay well. I'm assuming she has regular check-ups, and if she doesn't follow her doctor's advice that's on her. She's not a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 126May 23, 2019 6:22 AM

[quote] To understand Celine and to fully appreciate her voice - you must listen to her French recordings.

That’s true. I first discovered her in the 90s when my primary school friend’s Swiss mom gifted my mom Dion’s famous 1995 French language album “D’eux”. My mom and I loved it so much, even though we had no idea who she was and it was a few years before she became a star in the US with Titanic in 1997.

That French album and her 1996 English album “Falling Into You” defined the 90s for me.

God, I miss the 90s so much.

by Anonymousreply 127May 23, 2019 6:38 AM

Lip syncs her Vegas show. The woman is a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 128May 23, 2019 7:31 AM

She's supernaturally gifted. One of the greatest voices ever. Becoming a great success of the US takes away something from all artists, Some deal with the devil for sure. Brunette Celine, still a bit phonetic here, sang the ass off this song!! One of her most underrated. Not how she would eventually be marketed in other words. At least her husband protected her from a lot of the ugliness of the business. She grew into a remarkable woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 23, 2019 7:56 AM

Still getting flashbacks of that song she performed for Pope John Paul II when he toured Canada in 84.

Maman Dion must have been so proud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130May 23, 2019 8:32 AM

And one of her first tv appearances in 81. Not bad for a 13yo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 23, 2019 8:43 AM

How does her heart go on without her beloved Rene?

by Anonymousreply 132May 23, 2019 8:44 AM

One of her very best songs, precisely because it isn't all belted and her beautiful overtones chime like bells all over her gorgeous runs and trills. Something very sensuous about it all. Celine is not beautiful, but she makes you think she is. She lays on the French Canadian accents so much more now. I think she feels the need to ham it up. I don't like it but it endears her to the masses. She's better than that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 23, 2019 9:36 AM

R133, she lays on the French C accent more now? No Quebecer would be caught dead! This is North America. Not Zsa Zsa or Charo here. Dion is continental. Going back centuries, millenia

Look, you're a really devoted fan but French Canadians aren't of the American subgroup mentality like Jews, Italians and Blacks in the USA. Why?

Because if you're gonna show favoritism to your own ilk, you'll be required to grant kinship to a bazillion people, mostly Quebec & New England. Louisiana. It started in the mid 1500s up there so hook or by crook you're at least distantly related to everyone on the planet. Even sub-saharan Africa in some places. How many generations span 500 years? 300?

These ancestors were made up of crazy pioneers from the most far flung places but the diaspora is based in Norman Frenchies. Yes, those Normans. Hence, the distant relatives compounding your bloodline even into Armenia & Turkey. So Quebecers have no loyalty to each other due to genetic relation. They're all overlapped related somewhere with everyone so they don't care. You are perceived by your display of behaviors and character whoever you may be.

There are no ghetto scenes. In Montreal especially you cannot tell by telephone someone's race. Their accent will hint to a REGION but never race. You can't tell if someone is black unless they're 1st generation Haitians, Euros or African. No one cares. No one cares if you're gay. No one gives a gash about agnostic/athiest beliefs.

Just speak French & immerse in the culture & you're good to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 23, 2019 8:11 PM

Not true R134. I live in Montreal you nutjob. You're a racist.

by Anonymousreply 135May 23, 2019 9:17 PM

Doesn't make you a French Canadian just because you live in Montreal..and you're not FC

by Anonymousreply 136May 24, 2019 7:33 AM

Besides adding Liza Minelli to Quebec heritage site on Mi'kmaq thread & just freaking because they're everywhere.

Not trying to scare you but let me just have a moment before posting the inevitable connection after the Liza Minelli revelation. Another one, legend, seems to have entered their web of irresistible charm. It's like a conspiracy! Even Brie Larson is not immune but this special someone requires a moment...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 25, 2019 6:56 AM

IT'S A TRAP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138May 25, 2019 7:11 AM

R133. She sounds great and looks very pretty in that video. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 139May 27, 2019 2:12 PM

r133, thanks, that was lovely....but what's up with her flashing the white power sign? I have to believe that was innocent.

by Anonymousreply 140May 27, 2019 2:27 PM

Celine has a unique voice and she can sing live and on key, any key. Loud and soft, fast and slow. I understand her words in both languages. More than can be said about so many. I wonder what's the anxiety causing the weight/eating problem?

by Anonymousreply 141May 27, 2019 2:44 PM

I remember reading an article years ago about women who feel unattractive, and latch on to one thing as a point of pride- nails, hair, weight or something that they can control I think that's what's going on with Celine.

by Anonymousreply 142May 27, 2019 2:49 PM

She wasn't a beauty but at normal thin weight she was attractive enough after she became rich and well groomed and costumed.

by Anonymousreply 143May 27, 2019 2:56 PM

Cher had the same problem when she was young. Not pretty. Teeth were much like Celine's. But they were skinny which meant they both would look fabulous in evening gowns. Both very shy. But with a little hair and makeup, et voila!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 27, 2019 3:50 PM

Nice video for Memorial Day R133. Tks!

by Anonymousreply 145May 27, 2019 3:54 PM

the 90s had these really amazing singers, then the internet happened, these blonde bimbos took up all the airwaves except xtine. The current situation is worse, its all about who has the best social media following. Selena Gomes cant even sing.

by Anonymousreply 146May 27, 2019 4:01 PM

I mean, I think her voice is 'good' in a generic bland way. Musically/artistically she's not really unique or different. I don't understand the hype.

by Anonymousreply 147May 27, 2019 4:10 PM

You can get away with being skinny when you're young, like Cher was. She didn't look like an Auschwitz victim, ala Celine at 50.

by Anonymousreply 148May 27, 2019 4:10 PM

R147 I couldn't disagree more. Her range and ability to stay on key and pitch in all registers is nothing short of amazing. And she can still hit the notes at 51.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 27, 2019 4:15 PM

The Celine stan at least isn't crazy like Jabba. People pay to see Celine.

by Anonymousreply 150May 27, 2019 4:47 PM

I cannot stand her or her voice. I hate singers who over sing every syllable, her voice is devoid of emotion.

by Anonymousreply 151May 27, 2019 4:55 PM

She's like a programmed robot. No nuance.

by Anonymousreply 152May 27, 2019 5:00 PM

She says she's opening a new "book" in her life at 51. She can do what she wants to now. Does this mean bringing the girlfriend forward? Hope so. If there is one. I agree with this BI from upthread:

[quote]This world-famous singer is not just a performer. She is a vocalist who takes her craft very seriously. It’s paid off, too. She has had an enduring career at the top of the charts and is fabulously wealthy. Our shocking news comes from someone who is VERY close to the singer. Our singer has been married and is a devoted mother. However, there is another person in the picture. Our singer has a long-time girlfriend! The relationship with her husband? Friendship, business, and procreation. The relationship with the girlfriend? Love and sex.

by Anonymousreply 153May 27, 2019 6:02 PM

Her voice was extraordinary and very beautiful. It's still damn good. She's not a robot but I understand the criticism. Her voice breaks here twice, just to prove she's human. The 9/11 telethon. Our girl Celine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154May 28, 2019 8:27 AM

Our girl, speak for yourself! She was a whore.

by Anonymousreply 155May 28, 2019 7:37 PM

An annoying French accent and a face so ugly it cracks mirrors, hold me back!!!

by Anonymousreply 156May 28, 2019 7:40 PM

This was great!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 28, 2019 7:50 PM

Wow R157!! So emotional.

by Anonymousreply 158May 28, 2019 8:48 PM

Céline est notre fierté, l'ange du Canada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 7, 2019 8:16 PM

Like Celine, we must go on! Our heart, our pride, our girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 7, 2019 8:24 PM

Oui, The North.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 7, 2019 8:40 PM

Hey there, ugly girl, why do all the boys pass you by? Could it be they're repulsed by your ugly face? Why not kill yourself you pathetic hag? Hey there, ugly girl!

by Anonymousreply 162June 7, 2019 8:40 PM

I am much prettier and thinner than R162, non?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 8, 2019 12:06 AM

R15, you may have a point there. A songwriter who worked with both Celine and Whitney contrasted them by saying Celine was the kind of singer to do exactly as she's told and not do anything different but Houston would actually interpret a song.

by Anonymousreply 164June 8, 2019 12:14 AM

Deathwatch 2019.

by Anonymousreply 165June 8, 2019 12:44 AM

Last night, a dream ended. It was a dream my husband RenNAY had for me and our family. I would like to thank him and all of you, for allowing me to do what I love to do - to sing for you.

I am now the boss, I feel strong and ready to say yes or no, and as RenNAY has taught me so well, I will only surround myself with the best people to bring you the best of me. We have performed here over 1,200 times and this is one highlight of my professional life. I love all of you, the fans - friends I haven't met. Know that at this age, Celine is strong. I am the boss. I hope we will all meet again. Our hearts will go one. Au Revoir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166June 10, 2019 6:33 PM

Celine will never be gone. Streisand invented murdering songs with constant key changes and endless long notes that make no sense. Whitney married POP to gospel exclamations and gave art to melisma with a voice as big as the sea. Celine is the QUEEN of multiple tonal vocal orgasms. Climax, then another, then a murmur then AGAIN. Her instrument is both beautiful and surprising. At her best - she can only be called amazing.

This video was never allowed to stay on YouTube for long. But at last, the VEVO gods have given it back to us. The most glorious version of Oh Holy Night. Ever. Merci Celine. Une bonne femme et une déesse vocale.

DIVA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 24, 2020 11:37 PM

Whitney had the best voice out of the three. Celine has strongest technical singing techniques. Mariah is a fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 168December 24, 2020 11:40 PM

I like her. She comes across as a nice person. She sings very well. I just don't like her singing.

by Anonymousreply 169December 24, 2020 11:50 PM

I wish she'd come out of the closet. I bet she has the prettiest girlfriends and I bet she spoils them silly.

by Anonymousreply 170December 24, 2020 11:59 PM

R170 agree. It’s been rumored for years. Whatever makes she’s happy and comfortable

by Anonymousreply 171December 25, 2020 12:04 AM

Well, at least datalounge can't call her a Fat Whore!

by Anonymousreply 172December 25, 2020 12:36 AM

It's all coming back to me now. The R E S O N A N C E . Celine Dion. Her voice was a wonder. A gorgeous natural gift that she trained and valued and cared for. She is a superhero.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 23, 2021 1:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!