Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madonna Lip-Synching: Embarrassing Leak by Israeli Media

Eurovision 2019: Madonna accused of using playback…as Israeli media leak vocal rehearsal ahead of interval performance at the Grand Final

It’s a moment Eurofans have been waiting for. But Madonna‘s performance at the Grand Final of Eurovision 2019 has made headlines in Israel this morning for all the wrong reasons.

That’s because a journalist from Israeli outlet Israel Hayom has leaked what they claim is her live vocal from final rehearsals last night. The 2:27 clip published at 09:09am local time in Israel is taken from her rendition of “Like A Prayer”. That track of course celebrates a 30th anniversary in 2019.

The Israeli newspaper reports the vocal has “innacuracies” and suggests the star may have believed playback was being used: “In the recordings we receive, Madonna performs one of her greatest hits, “Like a Prayer,” with inaccuracies, to say the least. It is estimated that the singer, who in most of her performances relies on playback, did not know that her microphone was open and that it was being recorded.”

Israel Hayom reports screens had been turned off, but the sound system had been left running live. Production staff had been cleared from the arena to prevent visuals from leaking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 22, 2019 11:16 AM

Rehearsal clip. The laughing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2019 2:35 PM

lol.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2019 2:39 PM

It'll be on playback during the main event anyway, so why was she even singing during the rehearsal?

And yes, this sounds pretty bad but nothing nearly as catastrophic as Taylor Swift and the like being caught during their actual performances. Again, she was singing for herself here.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2019 2:42 PM

I have really serious doubts that Madonna's performance is the moment Eurofans have been waiting for.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2019 2:46 PM

Christ JABBA, once again you fill a thread with your own goddamn posts.

Desperate much now that your fatass Janet rockets toward another failure of a tour?

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2019 2:47 PM

r4 I admit it will be nice hearing Like a Prayer in full, and not just a snippet of it. But that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2019 2:49 PM

i think Madonna needs a new management team.

This whole Madame X get up is overplayed (alter egos were done by so many pop stars before), her new "music" is trash and relies heavily on guest stars (who btw can't change the public's disinterest in Madonna), the interview ragging on her daughter, the nip slip (also done before), the ridiculous billboard performance where they honored one of her contemporaries, the theater tour to try to save face because she can't move tickets, and now this, it's all just so desperate.

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2019 3:35 PM

What's with the eyepatch? Is she auditioning to take Johnny Depp's place in the next [italic]Pirates of the Caribbean[/italic] movie?

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2019 3:44 PM

Eh... I love to rag on current Madonna, but does this sound bad? I think she sounds just fine. Sounds like a normal live version of a song to me. This smells fishy... seems like a PR stunt to me.

Modern recording technology and studio digital tricks have ruined people's ears as to what reality sounds like.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2019 3:59 PM

"a total prostitute"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2019 4:45 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2019 4:46 PM

R10 and what celebrities aren't these days?

by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2019 4:47 PM

it's so sad to watch how far madonna has fallen, the tiny venues she has to play now, no one is listening to any of her music. She should retire, she's not well liked.

by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2019 5:35 PM

Jabba can start as many threads about Madonna as possible, but it still doesn't hide the fact that Janet is a fat loser.

by Anonymousreply 14May 18, 2019 5:39 PM

While she was never a powerhouse vocalist, her vocals have become really thin. And the music she uses from computers sounds so cheap.

I miss when Madonna used a full live band.

by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2019 2:27 AM

did she shit out that awful song yet? it's already out of the top 200 on itunes.

by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2019 2:38 AM

With Jews you lose. Madonna has always been a philo-Semite, and helped promote Jewish mysticism/Kabbalah to the goyim.

Madonna played a huge role in promoting the Jewish goal of dramatically reducing Western birth rates, by trying as hard as she could to turn girls into whores.

She even agreed to perform in Israel when it was incredibly unpopular to do so, due to the Jewish supremacist ethno-state's slow-motion genocide of the natives.

With Jews you lose.

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2019 2:39 AM

R15 why did she stop using a live band?

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2019 2:39 AM

she's difficult to work with from what people say r18

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2019 2:42 AM

Madonna is turning Catalina Creel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2019 2:42 AM

I don't think it's because she's difficult r18. I think it was the gap between Girlie Show and Drowned World. DWT was more computer based and with each subsequent tour there have been less musicians. If you notice her tours nowadays, there is no band onstage whereas back in the '80s and early '90s, they were a big part of the musical direction and staging. Nowadays, occasionally you might get a piano player or someone playing a flamenco guitar. But it's mostly about the dancers and videos.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2019 2:57 AM

With Jews you lose? They run the entertainment industry.

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2019 3:00 AM

R17, try some psych meds. Madonna lowered the birthrate like the Jews want? You're not making sense

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2019 3:05 AM

R5 R15 Get a life. Why are you so obsess with Janet Jackson. This is about Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2019 3:18 AM

All of Europe is mocking Madge tonight. She just ended her career there.

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2019 3:23 AM

so how bad was the "performance"?

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2019 3:23 AM

YIKES, just saw the performance, she sounds LIKE SHIT and looks absolutely ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2019 3:39 AM

she looks about 75, did you see the way she was moving? Osteoporosis has definitely set it in.

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2019 3:42 AM

autotuned disaster, also tried to make a statement but fell flat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2019 3:49 AM

Excruciating

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2019 3:51 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2019 3:53 AM

Grandma does Eurovision

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2019 3:56 AM

Younger than springtime ... and twice as exciting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 19, 2019 4:43 AM

out of tune

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 19, 2019 4:47 AM

If the reports are correct, Europe loves and adores her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 19, 2019 4:50 AM

[quote]Younger than springtime ... and twice as exciting!

If by which you mean the spring of 1957.

by Anonymousreply 36May 19, 2019 5:08 AM

The BBC actually just said she should have stayed home.

The presenters are bashing her as well as the contestants. All of Twitter is mocking her.

by Anonymousreply 37May 19, 2019 5:08 AM

She's finally being exposed as a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 38May 19, 2019 5:09 AM

[quote]Osteoporosis has definitely set it in.

Someone posted here she has psoriasis (hence the neck to floor outfits) and arthritis. She looked like she can hardly move last night. The meds are probably responsible for the weight gain.

by Anonymousreply 39May 19, 2019 9:39 AM

She's already hitting the bottle thanks to the massive backlash she's receiving right now. An entire continent is ripping her to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 40May 19, 2019 9:44 AM

When will we be given permission to feel sorry for her?

by Anonymousreply 41May 19, 2019 9:56 AM

I still can't believe what she did to her face.

by Anonymousreply 42May 19, 2019 9:58 AM

Did she diddle out her twat onstage in honor of those fallen in the conflict?

by Anonymousreply 43May 19, 2019 9:59 AM

So no link to the actual performances of her two songs?

I'm also starting to think that the grill is there to make sense of her slurring/fucked-up speech, which might be due to meds, a small stroke???

by Anonymousreply 44May 19, 2019 10:01 AM

I was watching at a party with friends and we all gasped at how bad she was. She hit a really flat note right at the beginning which caused a collective wince across Europe, and she seemed stiff and out of breath.

I have always been a big fan but it just wasn’t good, and that new song was boring.

by Anonymousreply 45May 19, 2019 10:08 AM

I agree she should have stayed home or lip sync Like A Prayer. It was tacky trashy show with too many wrong notes. The second song was just bad even though she did lip sync it. The silence in the audience was humiliating for her.

by Anonymousreply 46May 19, 2019 10:31 AM

R44 I fund this one. Enjoy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 19, 2019 10:33 AM

Cyndi Lauper has psoriasis. From the list of symptoms in this article, it sounds like both Madonna and Prince Charles (red blotchy face and sausage fingers) could have psoriatic arthritis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 19, 2019 10:53 AM

Embarrassing, so embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 49May 19, 2019 11:56 AM

She is so embalmed these days, she should hook up with Johnny Depp, another has been.

by Anonymousreply 50May 19, 2019 12:01 PM

[quote]autotuned disaster, also tried to make a statement but fell flat.

Falling flat seems to be her calling card . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 19, 2019 12:05 PM

She is so cold, so bitter, and so fucking boring. This is karma for her years of trashing Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 52May 19, 2019 12:10 PM

Quelle surprise !!

by Anonymousreply 53May 19, 2019 12:38 PM

[quote]Get a life. Why are you so obsess with Janet Jackson. This is about Madonna.

Spare me, JABBA. You fucking started the thread. But you know that.

by Anonymousreply 54May 19, 2019 1:28 PM

Much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 19, 2019 2:27 PM

now it makes sense why she is playing theaters. Hard to round up a few hundred people willing to listen to that for a couple of hours.

by Anonymousreply 56May 19, 2019 2:40 PM

Is this performance supposed to be ironic?

by Anonymousreply 57May 19, 2019 2:56 PM

She sounded like a cat in a blender and I should know!!

by Anonymousreply 58May 19, 2019 3:20 PM

whats up with her hump? scoliosis?

by Anonymousreply 59May 19, 2019 3:22 PM

Dowager hump

by Anonymousreply 60May 19, 2019 3:35 PM

Well I think she sounded super!

by Anonymousreply 61May 19, 2019 3:47 PM

She looked great!

by Anonymousreply 62May 19, 2019 3:48 PM

She was always a mediocre singer and dancer . She dances like an old lady now and sounds like a dying cat.

Without the gimmicks, Madonna is a shit performer. Finally, people are waking up. The emperor has no clothes

by Anonymousreply 63May 19, 2019 5:23 PM

Like a Prayer is carried by the black choir singers anyway so why would she have to lip sync? Even that is hard for her to sing lol?

by Anonymousreply 64May 19, 2019 5:27 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 19, 2019 6:59 PM

If Madonna wants to continue, she needs to make some MAJOR changes. She needs to fire Guy Oseary pronto. The man is ruining her career and last night's disaster should be a wake up call. She is equally to blame, though. They saw the millions. Since Guy has been her manager, she's released three of her least popular albums, and this Madame X nonsense looks to be no better.

Freddy DeMann would NEVER have allowed her to play Eurovision.

She needs to start listening to people and get better advice.

by Anonymousreply 66May 19, 2019 7:39 PM

She's very limited vocally but there is a hazy vulnerable sound to her that I find entrancing. She has beautiful diction but a halting way of singing, with moments of graceful ethereal flow. It's very effective. A lot of previous poseurs were considered artists. We're lucky to have her in the current musical lanascape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 19, 2019 7:56 PM

Haha. Wrong thread. ^

by Anonymousreply 68May 19, 2019 8:14 PM

Madonna vulnerable?

by Anonymousreply 69May 19, 2019 9:14 PM

R66 - I'd love to think that's the only problem.

by Anonymousreply 70May 19, 2019 9:21 PM

She has to be taking this hard. Madonna hates failure

by Anonymousreply 71May 19, 2019 9:25 PM

on another note, 0 of the 4 songs that madonna released in the last 3 weeks are on the itunes 200...so i'm hoping she's about to dump about a 5th turd for us to laugh at.

by Anonymousreply 72May 19, 2019 9:28 PM

She’s hitting the bottle hard.

by Anonymousreply 73May 19, 2019 9:31 PM

[quote]She has to be taking this hard. Madonna hates failure

Of course she is. She detests it. Still her stans try to pretend that she doesn't care. *roll eyes*

by Anonymousreply 74May 19, 2019 9:43 PM

or say that the performance was good....

by Anonymousreply 75May 19, 2019 10:10 PM

She really cannot walk out of her house without being “dragged” anymore. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 76May 19, 2019 10:17 PM

Here's the full performance. Like a Prayer sounds good. You morons were judging someone's flip-phone video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG3WkiL0d_U

by Anonymousreply 77May 19, 2019 10:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 19, 2019 10:38 PM

They obviously autotuned the video before releasing it.

by Anonymousreply 79May 19, 2019 10:39 PM

She's a used up cum rag now.

by Anonymousreply 80May 20, 2019 1:49 AM

twitter is dragging her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 20, 2019 3:04 AM

She will probably scrap this album and re-record

by Anonymousreply 82May 20, 2019 3:06 AM

Madonna has uploaded a highly edited version of her performance to her personal youtube. here is the original version reviewed by a voice coach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 20, 2019 4:37 AM

Jesus that was horrible. The singing and dancing was pathetic, and what's with the stupid eye patch now. She's always doing something goofy like those teeth things she was wearing for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 84May 20, 2019 4:54 AM

r83's link is hilarious. The vocal coach's face is more entertaining than Madonna as she Sextettes down those stairs.

by Anonymousreply 85May 20, 2019 5:26 AM

Whoa. That was REALLY terrible.

Just...BAD. Like bad karaoke bad.

by Anonymousreply 86May 20, 2019 5:35 AM

[quote]i think Madonna needs a new management team.

Madonna actually needs a retirement team.

by Anonymousreply 87May 20, 2019 5:40 AM

The eyepatch is dumb. She looks like she's recovering from cataracts.

by Anonymousreply 88May 20, 2019 6:01 AM

Madonna should really have learnt to manage herself now after all those years in the music business. I think she should do what Bowie did, disappear for a few years and see if her fans miss her. If they do then drop a new album. If they don't miss her then just stay disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 89May 20, 2019 6:02 AM

Madonna will never do that r89. She needs constant validation and attention.

by Anonymousreply 90May 20, 2019 6:05 AM

[quote]The eyepatch is dumb. She looks like she's recovering from cataracts.

She probably is! People can get cataracts in their 50s, isn't she about 65?

by Anonymousreply 91May 20, 2019 6:07 AM

R90 you're right, thats her weakness really. Confident artists and performers can take time out when they need to.

by Anonymousreply 92May 20, 2019 6:11 AM

I think that's what helped Cher last for 55 years. Lays low (sometimes not by choice), then boom- a movie, album, Broadway show, Kennedy Center honor and another farewell tour. She's having one of the biggest years of her career and 73 today.

by Anonymousreply 93May 20, 2019 6:21 AM

Madonna never learned to sing, though she worked at it for a while near the time of Evita and Ray of Light. That's a long time ago. Jessie J can sing a banger, but she can do this too. A real singer can sing. Jessie J even competes. Gorgeous technique and emotion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 20, 2019 6:22 AM

Madonna did extraordinary things with only a modicum of talent. Where that talent didn’t stretch she had youth, looks, style, intense ambition and a shrewd business sense. To marshal all that with such focus that she became such a huge star is in itself is remarkable. The odd thing was that beneath the phenomena she was always a less interesting artist than she thought. Now, the ideas are hackneyed and desperate and, given the way she moves, the body is clearly letting her down as well. She should never have done Eurovision. It’s tacky and I’ll deserving of her status, whatever you might think of her. But, clearly, her ego is so voracious she simply can’t let go.

I was never a fan. At all. I was convinced by flatmates, who were fans, to go and see that documentary when it came out and she was odious. But you couldn’t deny what she achieved. She came from nothing. So, it’s actually sad to see her destroying her legacy and becoming an object of ridicule. Blaming the manager is pointless. She has been responsible for her career throughout. The buck stops with her. If she just put on an elegant dress and sang a straightforward fucking song people would love her for it. Instead she insists on carrying on the pretentious pantomime nonsense. It’s the mad cat lady version of dad dancing.

by Anonymousreply 95May 20, 2019 6:44 AM

She should start aggressively planning a greatest hits tour once she wraps up this project. Her voice is shot, she’s out of ideas, and her gimmicks have never been more gimmicky. She needs to cash in on her rapidly fading star power while she still can because who the fuck will still want to see her perform when she’s pushing 70?

by Anonymousreply 96May 20, 2019 6:46 AM

Poor Whitney had to sing on Dancing With The FUCKING Stars to promote her last album. And those naked chicks and boys in cuban heels were dancing round her while she did her best with Million Dollar Bill. My mother cried in sorrow. Literally.

Madonna has no one but herself to blame. Time to produce other artists and give some of that fucking money away Madge. Do some good for someone other than your surgeons.

by Anonymousreply 97May 20, 2019 6:50 AM

R95 why do people keep pushing this narrative that she came from nothing? She came from a solidly middle class neighborhood/family in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 98May 20, 2019 6:53 AM

She was Midwestern middle to upper middle class (her father was an engineer-they had housekeepers). He supported her when she was in NY. If you believe the lie that she was dead broke and if think an Italian father wouldn't support his daughter in the big bad city, you don't know Italians.

by Anonymousreply 99May 20, 2019 6:55 AM

Every biographer, including her own family has outed that bullshit NYC story. She had money and connections. She’s a sociopathic liar.

by Anonymousreply 100May 20, 2019 6:58 AM

I'm shocked at how much her voice has declined. I know singers' voices diminish with time, but Madonna had kept in good shape up until a few years ago. I think all the fucking around with her face has caused her to lose some vocal range. Plus, she sings and acts like she's on steroids or heavily medicated all the time. It's like she's trying to catch up.

It's sad to watch her these days.

by Anonymousreply 101May 20, 2019 6:58 AM

[quote]I think that's what helped Cher last for 55 years. Lays low (sometimes not by choice), then boom- a movie, album, Broadway show, Kennedy Center honor and another farewell tour. She's having one of the biggest years of her career and 73 today.

Cher might not be the greatest singer either, but she has more talent than Madonna and a sense of humor, something Madonna is sorely lacking. Madonna always looks completely miserable.

Cher went from being rock singer with Sonny in the 1960s, on to a huge hit variety series with Sonny in the 1970s (where she did comedy sketches etc), then on to her Vegas years, then to an Oscar, then she had more hits as a solo artist.

Madonna might be extremely rich, but she'll never have the career Cher had. I'm not even a huge Cher fan, but I know all about her career because my mom was and still is a huge Cher fan.

by Anonymousreply 102May 20, 2019 7:05 AM

Can you imagine Madonna opening a show and saying, "What's your granny doing tonight?"

by Anonymousreply 103May 20, 2019 7:15 AM

[quote]Can you imagine Madonna opening a show and saying, "What's your granny doing tonight?"

Yeah, the audience would yell , "Granny is up on stage right now!"

by Anonymousreply 104May 20, 2019 7:17 AM

Years ago Vegas was the place to go for pop acts to sunset their careers. Madge has once again moved the needle. Is it now Israel or Portugal?

by Anonymousreply 105May 20, 2019 10:25 AM

Madonna was criticized by the press after the Israeli reporter released the audio of her awful rehearsal. We heard it and discussed it here on DL. I guess she was trying to prove to the world that she was not lip-syncing on the night of the live performance . But, being the narcissist she is, she didn't realize that she is unable to maintain pitch.

by Anonymousreply 106May 20, 2019 10:37 AM

R105 I believe that she moved to Portugal for 2 reasons:

1. Tax avantages 2. David's soccer school

After the move, it was the first time that I've ever seen David smile in photos. Now he smiles all of the time.

by Anonymousreply 107May 20, 2019 10:38 AM

Madonna was thought to have been taking Human Growth Hormone (to stay young and have endurance) and Clenbuterol (for weight loss) for a long time. Both of those might effect her breathing, voice and mobility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 20, 2019 10:43 AM

All the celebs move to Portugal not to pay taxes. Madonna was in the Panama Papers. She’s using that charity for tax purposes.

by Anonymousreply 109May 20, 2019 2:00 PM

R100 what lies. Everyone who talks about her early days disputes this. Steve Bray talks about being afraid to visit her because she lived in some very dangerous neighborhoods. Her first manager Camile Barbone has talked about how she was worried about Madonna's safety.

by Anonymousreply 110May 20, 2019 2:13 PM

To be honest I don't understand her. She's been a hugely successful performer for 30 years. She's 60 years old, she has to have put away enough money by now to live a VERY comfortable life for the remainder of her life, why is she out there tarnishing her brand with all of this shitty music and these subpar performances.

I don't know if I'm more embarrassed for her or for my 40 something gay friends who are ECSTATIC that they got the privilege to spend $1800 to see her sing this dreadful album live.

I do however think it's interesting people upthread are suggesting that this new tour is because she can't fill stadiums. No one said that about Bruce Springsteen when he did the Broadway residency.

by Anonymousreply 111May 20, 2019 3:03 PM

Bruce can still sing.

by Anonymousreply 112May 20, 2019 3:22 PM

R111 Bruce Springsteen did a 236 show residency on Broadway, Madonna is playing a few dates here and there at a number of small capacity theaters. Bruce is sort of like Billy Joel - he will always sell out. Madonna certainly still has a fan base, but her theater shows are not selling out (all dates have plenty of tickets available) and these are small venues with limited number of dates. This, coupled with the complete disinterest in her new music, and the awful reviews her two televised performances received, I believe she would have some serious issues putting asses in seats for an arena show....a stadium tour is out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 113May 20, 2019 3:28 PM

Her management must figure they will sell. Just added plenty of new dates, including Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 114May 20, 2019 3:31 PM

[quote] now it makes sense why she is playing theaters. Hard to round up a few hundred people willing to listen to that for a couple of hours.

I saw [italic]Evita[/italic] on opening night just because I didn't want to see movie musicals go the way of the dinosaur; in the decade since [italic]A Chorus Line[/italic] crashed and burned on its way to Hollywood, they'd been reticent to make any unless they had Muppets or cartoon characters. That was enough. I was a kid in the 1980s and I could take or leave her then. She always lacked Whitney Houston's vocal power and Cyndi Lauper's sense of style and fun. Even The Pointer Sisters' songs from this period aged better than anything in her repertoire. She's been dead to me ever since she both defended Eminem and did more damage to "American Pie" than even The Brady Bunch and their painfully untrained, under-rehearsed vocals against a superior non-synthesized arrangement that might have been more suitable to an actual singer like Petula Clark.

Seeing her embarrassed and hearing about the possibility of Britney Spears softens the blow of hearing about Ricky Schroder going to jail.

by Anonymousreply 115May 20, 2019 3:32 PM

r114, her management team has done a shit job so far. I would expect her to play half houses at these 2000 seat theaters. Her ticket prices are too high to watch her with a banjo yodelling and doing interpretive dance.

by Anonymousreply 116May 20, 2019 3:36 PM

[quote] Madonna is playing a few dates here and there at a number of small capacity theaters.

Listen, I think her new music is shit and that she desperately needs to set off on a new course, but what you said is just not true. The Walter Kerr holds 975 people.

The "small capacity theaters" she is playing hold:

The Chicago Theatre = 3600 BAM Howard Gilman Opera House = 2600 The Wiltern = 1850 Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater = 3230 Boch Center - Wang Theatre = 3500 The Colosseum at Caesars Palace = 4298

I think she will sell them just fine to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 117May 20, 2019 3:42 PM

[quote] She always lacked Whitney Houston's vocal power and Cyndi Lauper's sense of style and fun. Even The Pointer Sisters' songs from this period aged better than anything in her repertoire

Whitney was never a touring force, which is why she died broke, and she was not a great live singer. Cyndi and The Pointer Sisters are has-beens.

I'm not a big Madonna fan anymore, but she was the biggest female touring force in history. That is not debatable. She's old now and no longer relevant in pop music, but don't try to rewrite history.

by Anonymousreply 118May 20, 2019 3:45 PM

It certainly didn't sound like she was lip syncing at Eurovision unless it's the new thing to sing off key.

by Anonymousreply 119May 20, 2019 3:49 PM

ARRRR! Shiver me timbers, get into the groove why don't ya me laddies?

by Anonymousreply 120May 20, 2019 3:57 PM

Cyndi a has-been? Evidently, you've never heard of Kinky Boots and her Tony, a first for a solo woman.

by Anonymousreply 121May 20, 2019 4:02 PM

r117 did you miss the part where i said he played 236 shows?

by Anonymousreply 122May 20, 2019 4:20 PM

r118 i would think Tina Turner and maybe Cher are more formidable female touring acts then and now.

by Anonymousreply 123May 20, 2019 4:22 PM

Here's an interesting take.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 20, 2019 4:27 PM

Madonna Extends Madame X Theater Tour, Adds Residencies to Four More Cities.

Singer adds shows to New York, Los Angeles, Chicago stays to meet demand, sets dates for Boston, Philadelphia, Las Vegas and Miami residencies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 20, 2019 4:53 PM

Lol look at the LOON go, posting information that was already provided weeks ago. Wow, she added a few dates to an 1800 seat theater, impressive.

by Anonymousreply 126May 20, 2019 5:01 PM

Lol look at JABBA not reading with comprehension and seeing that the article’s dated today.

JABBA =Fucking retard.

by Anonymousreply 127May 20, 2019 5:05 PM

also, again, all the dates just so happen to be immediately after her current dates...she planned those dates in advance, also, there are still all those reports saying that she is not selling well at all and that this announcement is only to save face from the backlash of her Eurovision "performance"

by Anonymousreply 128May 20, 2019 5:06 PM

Reworked face, reworked vocals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 20, 2019 5:07 PM

[quote] Everyone who talks about her early days disputes this. Steve Bray talks about being afraid to visit her because she lived in some very dangerous neighborhoods.

Bullshit. She had money. She chose to live in the Art poverty section of NYC. They even named names. You’re dumb as shit.

by Anonymousreply 130May 20, 2019 5:11 PM

Most artists leave room in their schedule to add dates if tickets sell, that's no revelation.

by Anonymousreply 131May 20, 2019 5:12 PM

exactly, doesn't mean she's selling any tickets, her team is hiding the sales. They will "adjust capacity" at each venue she plays to make it appear that she sells out.

by Anonymousreply 132May 20, 2019 5:14 PM

Billboard just confirmed none of the dates have actually sold out.

by Anonymousreply 133May 20, 2019 5:21 PM

She’s the wizard of oz. a no talent hack (bitch can’t sing) who has had her vocals fixed and sweetened for four decades. Even her “live” concert vocals are prerecorded and sweetened. Only a total sociopath could perpetuate a career like she has without feeling guilty and like a fraud. She’s a monster. She has the face she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 134May 20, 2019 5:35 PM

I don't like her new stuff, I don't know that I like her personally, but there seems to be some people here who hate her with such a passion that no matter what facts are presented to them they still refuse to acknowledge that she's been successful and that this tour isn't going to be a massive flop. It's not very different than Trump voters.

by Anonymousreply 135May 20, 2019 5:41 PM

[quote]Whitney was never a touring force, which is why she died broke, and she was not a great live singer.

by Anonymousreply 136May 20, 2019 6:07 PM

[quote]Singer . . . sets dates for Boston, Philadelphia, Las Vegas and Miami residencies

Sure, JABBA/R128.

But you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 137May 20, 2019 6:10 PM

[quote]She’s the wizard of oz. a no talent hack (bitch can’t sing) who has had her vocals fixed and sweetened for four decades. Even her “live” concert vocals are prerecorded and sweetened. Only a total sociopath could perpetuate a career like she has without feeling guilty and like a fraud. She’s a monster. She has the face she deserves.

But enough about Janet.

by Anonymousreply 138May 20, 2019 6:12 PM

[quote]Cyndi and The Pointer Sisters are has-beens.

Two of the Pointers are has-dieds.

by Anonymousreply 139May 20, 2019 8:56 PM

R138 is so fucking PRESSED, haahaha, it can't keep J's name out of it's mouth in a vadge thread.

by Anonymousreply 140May 20, 2019 8:57 PM

R118 The Pointer Sisters on their WORST day had more talent than Madonna could have ever dreamed of. Madonnas main real talent has always been picking the right songs,she could never sing worth a shit.

by Anonymousreply 141May 20, 2019 9:23 PM

and she never wrote a lyric in her life r141

by Anonymousreply 142May 20, 2019 9:26 PM

SPEAK THE TRUTH R141 !!!

by Anonymousreply 143May 20, 2019 9:26 PM

Madonna had good musical instincts till Confessions

by Anonymousreply 144May 21, 2019 12:20 AM

great musical instincts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 21, 2019 3:24 AM

Hasn't Elton John called out Madonna repeatedly for lip syncing? "Make sure you lip sync good," is what he said before the Super Bowl. It's known that Madonna does lip sync.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 21, 2019 3:29 AM

Here is the Honest Vocal Coach reviewing Madonna's live performance of Like A Prayer (not the overdubbed version released 24 hrs after the live Eurovision show). I had only seen an excerpt. Madonna's wretched performance is beyond words...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 21, 2019 3:58 AM

Greener pastures (Shady Pines) awaits, Toots

by Anonymousreply 148May 21, 2019 4:03 AM

How many fucking times do we need to have the Vocal Coach link posted?

by Anonymousreply 149May 21, 2019 4:05 AM

That vocal coach doesn't explain anything about voice production, range, fach, intonation, resonance, anatomy or singing technique. She's a fraud. Vocal coaches do not use words like "pitchy." Or she "didn't quite hit the note." Ha. If you must watch vocal coach reviews online, at least watch an actual singer and knowledgeable coach. She's fun too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 21, 2019 4:21 AM

Retard JABBA doesn’t HAVE anything else.

by Anonymousreply 151May 21, 2019 4:21 AM

what's that R149? Oh here you go...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 21, 2019 4:23 AM

madonna's mic feed EXPOSED!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153May 21, 2019 4:26 AM

Like a prayer is always a mistake for her live, it always accentuates how she can't really sing when the choir kicks in. And now she sounds bad on her parts too. Yet she keeps doing it

by Anonymousreply 154May 21, 2019 5:57 AM

If you're in Vegas, skip her and see Barry Manilow instead.

by Anonymousreply 155May 21, 2019 6:02 AM

No, Donny and Marie. They are ending their residency this fall. Marie sings her ass off. Pop, county, opera., B'way.

by Anonymousreply 156May 21, 2019 6:05 AM

A true legend, who can still sing with the resonance and power of a choir is disappearing in front of our eyes and y'all are concerned about that narcissistic, talentless bitch Madonna? Celine is not looking well. We must love her back to health. She's batshit crazy precious love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 21, 2019 6:06 AM

Since when is Celine considered bat shit crazy?

by Anonymousreply 158May 21, 2019 6:09 AM

[quote]Marie sings her ass off.

Yet it keeps coming back on requiring Nutri-System to intervene.

by Anonymousreply 159May 21, 2019 6:12 AM

R142 - That's actually not the problem. She has written plenty of her lyrics, and you can tell which ones: They are as short and simple as a 7th-grader's, which zero nuance. An example:

I don't like cities But I like New York Other places make me feel like a dork Los Angeles is for people who sleep Paris and London, baby you can keep Other cities always make me mad Other places always make me sad No other city ever made me glad Except New York I love New York I love New York I love New York If you don't like my attitude Then you can F off Just go to Texas Isn't that where they golf?

by Anonymousreply 160May 21, 2019 6:46 AM

^shit...sorry about the formatting :-(

by Anonymousreply 161May 21, 2019 6:46 AM

"Fuck off" and "golf" don't rhyme. I've heard better songwriting on [italic]Sesame Street[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 162May 21, 2019 6:49 AM

[trying this again]

R142- That's actually not the problem. She has written plenty of her lyrics, and you can tell which ones: They are as short and simple as a 7th-grader's, with zero nuance. An example:

I don't like cities

But I like New York

Other places make me feel like a dork

Los Angeles is for people who sleep

Paris and London, baby you can keep

Other cities always make me mad

Other places always make me sad

No other city ever made me glad

Except New York

I love New York / I love New York

If you don't like my attitude

Then you can F off

Just go to Texas

Isn't that where they golf?

by Anonymousreply 163May 21, 2019 6:49 AM

They don't scan very well either.

by Anonymousreply 164May 21, 2019 6:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 21, 2019 9:30 AM

Well I agree this whole Eurovision thing was a mess from start to finish. Nothing good came of it. Her ticket prices haven't seemed to take a hit though. I know there's still plenty of time but there has been no panic to get rid of them. Crazy comparing these to Janet' s Lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 21, 2019 12:39 PM

Why would her tickets take a hit? Her fans know that she's 60 and she can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 167May 21, 2019 12:40 PM

Janet “sings” live.

BWAH HAHAHA HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168May 21, 2019 12:47 PM

It'll be a good day when the Trump of Pop is dead. She's ruined the industry and so many lives.

by Anonymousreply 169May 21, 2019 2:50 PM

r168 is so desperate

by Anonymousreply 170May 21, 2019 4:01 PM

R168 speaks truth

by Anonymousreply 171May 21, 2019 5:00 PM

She just needs to announce a farewell tour.

by Anonymousreply 172May 21, 2019 5:04 PM

so considerate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173May 21, 2019 11:52 PM

Not one of her better moments. Helen Keller couldve descended those stairs with more grace and finesse.

by Anonymousreply 174May 22, 2019 12:56 AM

I love Madonna's new song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 22, 2019 10:30 AM

What really happened ? Wasn’t she a gym freak, very much health conscious narcissist? You would think all that will help her at least even in her 60s? She looks and moves older than her actual age.

by Anonymousreply 176May 22, 2019 11:01 AM

[quote]It'll be a good day when the Trump of Pop is dead. She's ruined the industry and so many lives.

I wonder how many people said the same of you when you seroconverted.

by Anonymousreply 177May 22, 2019 11:08 AM

I think what happened is that Madonna hah hyper-gymnasia, which is a form of anorexia. She exercised off all of her fat, including her large breasts and her small butt. She has had breast implants for years and then got a set of ugly, boxy butt implants before her last tour. Now she has gigantic new butt implants.

She had that nasty fall from her horse in England that happened because her cell phone rang and spooked her horse. I think the her most recent fall where she was yanked backward down the stairs by her cape, really did aggravate the injury from the fall from the horse. Armani who designed the cape told her NOT to have the cape tie because it was asking for trouble. She fought him and got her way.

You have to factor in all of the steroids, fillers, HGH, Clenbuterol, Botox and who else knows what that she has taken over decades. They must have an effect on her health.

If it's true that she has psoriatic arthritis, she could be taking heavy-duty meds that have made her face balloon up . She's gained weight due to probably eating more in Portugal plus apparently drinking lots of champagne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 22, 2019 11:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!