Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which celebrities look better in person?

Which ones look worse?

I'm always shocked to see how much makeup does wonders for the majority of actors and actresses.

Although never having seen one in person, I do wonder which ones look better or worse in person.

Any dish?

by Anonymousreply 477March 11, 2021 6:19 AM

Maggie Gyllenhaal

by Anonymousreply 1May 17, 2019 6:11 PM

Michelle Williams is ethereal in person. Tiny and beautifully proportioned with absolutely flawless skin. TBH, I’ve never seen a “movie star” in person and I was completely struck dumb by how incredibly beautiful and poised she was.

by Anonymousreply 2May 17, 2019 6:12 PM

Worse: Kidman, Jolie

Better: Kristen Stewart, Witherspoon, Redmayne

by Anonymousreply 3May 17, 2019 6:14 PM

Jensen Ackles is very good looking in person

by Anonymousreply 4May 17, 2019 6:23 PM

I was in New York City and came across the filming of the movie "Arthur" (obviously, this was many years ago). I was stunned how attractive Liza Minnelli was. Much much better looking in person.

by Anonymousreply 5May 17, 2019 6:26 PM

This isn't first hand, but I know someone who saw Angelina in person, she said Angelina had bad skin and dark circles around her eyes

by Anonymousreply 6May 17, 2019 6:31 PM

I met Jane Fonda when she was with Ted Turner. They came to a Brown Univ thing. She is truly what the word "radiant" is in real life.

by Anonymousreply 7May 17, 2019 6:40 PM

I work in the entertainment industry and have seen tons of celebrities, I could go on and on, but here are some of my more famous encounters.

Brad Pitt - very handsome, tall (most male actors are on the short side) - but I was surprised by his acne scarred skin. They must put a ton of make on him for it not to show. But he's clearly a very good looking man

Jennifer Anniston - looks exactly like we see her. She still looks like Rachel from friends. Short maybe 5.2 and a size 0

Angelina Jolie - beautiful but emaciated to the point my first impression was that she has an eating disorder or drug habit or probably both. way too skinny

Mark Wahlberg - much better looking in person. Short, but an amazing body, huge chest, and arms. and what really surprised me he's got really good thick hair.

Cindy Crawford - GORGEOUS but surprisingly very very thin. I say this because she always looked like she had a healthy weight compared to her other supermodel friends, nope my rather large hands could probably wrap around her waist and meet.

Tom Cruise - very fake looking. I was at a party and he was the guest of honor and he had the fakest expression all night. Skin is too tight and it just seemed his plastic surgery was way too much, not a good look. This was when he was still with Katie Holmes. She was very girl next door pretty and was wearing kitten heels and was still way taller than he was.

Madonna - I've met a couple of times, very pretty when made up, but at a meeting in daylight, she's quite ordinary. Also on the short side, but a rock hard body, which i personally think ages her. She needs a little fat on to soften her and make her look younger. I think that's why she depends on outlandish clothes and make-up. I'm a fan so that's just my honest opinion.

There's been so many, all add more as they come to me.

by Anonymousreply 8May 17, 2019 6:54 PM

Cindy Crawford is better looking in person. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I was surprised when I met her.

by Anonymousreply 9May 17, 2019 7:03 PM

Current age Brooke Shields - great bone structure, the “heftiness” is offset by the height making her seem proportionate. SJP - TINY and emaciated - not pretty. Hugh Jackman and Bradley Copper - not extraordinary in person, maybe 7/10.

by Anonymousreply 10May 17, 2019 7:11 PM

Ditto on Jane Fonda. When she was married to Ted Turner I saw her out and about quite often in Atlanta. She would have been in her 50s at the time and was an absolute knock-out, hair, skin, body were stunning. It was then I understood what "star quality" really meant

by Anonymousreply 11May 17, 2019 7:12 PM

Willem Dafoe has an unusual look on screen. In person, he is very handsome and has flawless porcelain skin. I was in a grocery line behind him.

by Anonymousreply 12May 17, 2019 7:25 PM

I saw Ellen when she was making a movie, years ago, and I was surprised how old she looked.g

by Anonymousreply 13May 17, 2019 8:05 PM

[R8] c’mon. Dish more!

by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2019 8:27 PM

Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio is stunningly beautiful in person.

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2019 8:30 PM

I saw Angelina at a premiere and she was beautiful but freakishly thin. Miley Cyrus came into my little vintage shop and was lovely. Very sweet and beautiful skin. Madonna sat in front of me at a show many years ago and I was surprised at how tiny she was. She looked good but crow's feet for DAYS! I don't care what it cost her or if her face doesn't move, Nicole Kidman was gorgeous when I saw in person. That was when she made that Hemingway movie in San Francisco. Reese was super cute and I can't really stand her but have to admit she looked like a star when I saw her at The Palm Springs Film Fest.

by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2019 8:54 PM

Saw Michelle Pfeiffer in a Starbucks (long time ago). She had on a ball cap and sunglasses, IIRC. Very low key, nice demeanor, not acting like a star. For some reason, I looked down at her feet (no, I do not have a foot fetish) and her feet were clean and nice-looking.

by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2019 9:04 PM

While skimming quickly through the threads I first thought this thread had the title "Which celebrities look better in prison?"

by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2019 9:10 PM

Bradley Cooper

by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2019 9:57 PM

A few years ago I saw Dana Delany at a supermarket. I always thought she looked rather plain and dull, although I liked. In person, dressed casually at the supermarket, she was a fucking knockout.

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2019 10:02 PM

R18 - Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein, just to name a few.

by Anonymousreply 21May 17, 2019 10:12 PM

[quote] Mark Wahlberg - much better looking in person. Short, but an amazing body, huge chest, and arms. and what really surprised me he's got really good thick hair.

Then it must be either fake hair or a transplant, because his brother Donnie is practically bald.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 17, 2019 10:15 PM

Samuel L. Jackson was in front of me in a grocery store, and I had no idea. He was in sweatpants and a t-shirt.

However, the lady in front of him was holding up the line because she kept looking back and talking to him and talking to him, saying "you look like him! you look like him!" She was making such a fuss, and I was like "WTF??"

Finally, I heard her say, "You're Samuel L. Jackson, right?" She was so giggly, and he kept denying it.

Outside the store, she took a selfie with him. Our cars were parked nose to nose, and I'm guessing it was him because drove a very expensive looking silver Mercedes.

Again, though, I would never have guessed that it was him, because he was dressed so casually and looked very plain and unassuming. Then again, it WAS the grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2019 10:19 PM

Drew Barrymore

by Anonymousreply 24May 17, 2019 10:20 PM

I waited on Robert Redford a couple years ago and he looked much better then than he did in Avengers: Endgame.

He has a bobblehead, very skinny and shorter than average. I actually didn't recognize him, but he was obviously somebody based on how he carried himself and dressed. Very soft-spoken and polite. An older lady told me who he was after he left.

by Anonymousreply 25May 17, 2019 10:21 PM

Donatella Versace. Dewy fresh, reminiscent of Elle Fannning.

by Anonymousreply 26May 17, 2019 10:31 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by Paris Hilton's presence in person. In photos and on tv she looks like a skyscraper, very tall. But in person I was stunned at just how tiny she was. Very thin but with a really nice figure. And well proportioned body, I actually toward over her. I'm 6"1 and she's 5"8, she was very friendly and chatty and also took a selfie with me.

It just goes to show that most people who appear to be very tall on television, are probably not as much in person. I was really surprised at how many people we're so much more taller than Paris was. She just looks really tall on tv.

by Anonymousreply 27May 17, 2019 10:34 PM

Spike Lee is very short in person. But a very strong presence.

by Anonymousreply 28May 17, 2019 10:36 PM

A black woman got on the treadmill next to mine at the gym. I had about 9 minutes left. She looked familiar...well, she looked just like - - - ... I kept trying to glance when she wasn't aware. It's her. No it's not. Yes it is. No it's not. I kept changing my mind. Finally I thought of just the right thing to say as my session was ending... I turned to her, "You know, you look just like Angela Bassett, except you look way too young to be Angela Basset!" Her huge smile told me that, indeed, it was Angela Bassett!

by Anonymousreply 29May 17, 2019 10:37 PM

Even if one knew Judy Garland was not very tall, it was still a surprise when you met her.

by Anonymousreply 30May 17, 2019 10:52 PM

R23 yikes at that lady. How did SLJ not call that lady a motherfucker?!

by Anonymousreply 31May 17, 2019 10:52 PM

r22 not necessarily, my brother has been balding since his early 20's and now at 60 is completely bald. However, I have a big and thick jew fro at 56. my hair is so thick that I can only wash and condition it at night because if I try to do it the morning before work it will make me late because it takes so long to get the conditioner out of my hair.

Not everything runs in the family - my sister in law once while drunk told me without any prompting that my said brother has a small dick. My boyfriend and eye just exchanged glances because I'm anything but that. I guess not everything runs in the family.

by Anonymousreply 32May 17, 2019 11:04 PM

I know this may be politically correct now but Roseanne. That was back when she had her ABC show her talk show for a little bit she looked great in person beautiful skin and had a jaw breaking diamond ring on.

by Anonymousreply 33May 17, 2019 11:06 PM

Correction I think her talk show was at the CBS studios

by Anonymousreply 34May 17, 2019 11:08 PM

“My boyfriend and eye “

by Anonymousreply 35May 17, 2019 11:11 PM

Saw Helen Bonham Carter at Canyon Ranch several years ago when she had broken up with Branagh -absolutely beautiful-flawless skin Cameron Diaz at the adult pool -four seasons Hawaii -very athletic looking -quite pretty -hanging with some girlfriends-seemed like a fun person

by Anonymousreply 36May 17, 2019 11:11 PM

What does Melania look like in person?

by Anonymousreply 37May 17, 2019 11:12 PM

I've seen a lot of celebrities, but the ones that surprised me were Mary Steenburgen who is much much prettier in person, and Robert Redford, whom I thought looked terrible. I know he's old, but I still wasn't expecting him to be so short and have such bad skin.

by Anonymousreply 38May 17, 2019 11:16 PM

I've seen a few, and they've all looked better in person. It helps that most tend to take excellent care of their looks, so that even dressed casually, they have a polish and glow about them.

by Anonymousreply 39May 17, 2019 11:35 PM

R25 hunny, do you mean rdj? But rdj isn't skinny.

by Anonymousreply 40May 17, 2019 11:42 PM

[quote]"Which celebrities look better in prison?"

Wesley Snipes, Phil Spector, O.J. Simpson, Anthony Weiner, Bill Cosby ...

by Anonymousreply 41May 17, 2019 11:59 PM

^^Donald Trump - Please! Please! Please!

by Anonymousreply 42May 18, 2019 1:08 AM

I've lived in Hollywood for 30 years. Anyone portrayed as fat or ugly onscreen are usually surprisingly better looking in person. What looks obese onscreen tends to be perfectly average in real life.

by Anonymousreply 43May 18, 2019 1:44 AM

Evander Holyfield, a long time ago, wearing a white dress shirt & pants, limousine outside. He was very handsome and had a really quiet, respectful demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 44May 18, 2019 1:52 AM

I was surprised at how good Madonna looked in person. Her photos are pretty but sometimes she looks dreadful, she almost looks different day to day. This was at a concert. Her eyes are amazing. Her skin is super flawless. She is quite striking. VERY little. Although very fit, her arms are not even close to being huge or look bad in person. That surprised me the most. I always thought her head looked a tad too big for her body but not in person.

Anderson Cooper- I thought he would look older without makeup but he looks younger in person. Amazing eyes as well.

Nancy Pelosi- Although this was 9 years ago, she looks incredible. Big, pretty eye and a very engaging smile. Skin looks better in person.

Damn, there are more but my friend just arrived. I'll finish up later.

by Anonymousreply 45May 18, 2019 2:00 AM

R20- Dana is stunning on screen.

by Anonymousreply 46May 18, 2019 2:28 AM

Armie Hammer and Jennifer Connelly are absolutely stunning. And for Connelly, there’s no need to qualify for her age. Paul Rudd has aged amazingly on screen, and off screen it still holds. And Julia Roberts doesn’t look (or behave, for that matter) as harsh as you’d expect in person.

The most surprising: Walton Goggins, of all people, is much more attractive than you’d expect off-screen.

Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum, Taylor Kitsch and Brenton Thwaites didn’t live up to my expectations, although for Thwaites it was probably just his unfortunate facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 47May 18, 2019 2:34 AM

Second-hand gossip: a friend of mine saw Conan O'Brien at the Beverly Hills Hotel about 25 years ago and kept raving about how handsome he was in person.

by Anonymousreply 48May 18, 2019 2:50 AM

Eric Bana, because life is unfair.

by Anonymousreply 49May 18, 2019 2:55 AM

Barack and Michelle Obama are both much smaller in person. Obama is very thin but tall, and looks very fit and toned and healthy. But his thinness really surprised me.

Michelle is very beautiful and not as thick looking in person. She to is very fit and toned and much smaller in person.

Their both very attractive people.

by Anonymousreply 50May 18, 2019 3:06 AM

What does Jeremy Renner look like in person?

by Anonymousreply 51May 18, 2019 3:09 AM

Going off of R50, everyone does seem smaller in person. Kathy Bates is tiny, and even given her height she didn’t seem heavy at all (it didn’t hurt that she’s an absolute sweetheart).

And Chris Hemsworth, who actually is really tall, doesn’t look as massive in person as he does as Thor. He was between Marvel movies when I met him, but we know he doesn’t let himself go he way a lot of the other Chrises do. He still looked great, just a lot leaner.

by Anonymousreply 52May 18, 2019 3:29 AM

Have met and seen many of the celebs listed here, too...I’m only listing some of their surprising characteristics here; all the people below I would describe as “beautiful,” “striking,” “photogenic,” etc.

Cindy Crawford — in person I thought her face is very very flat and angular, it’s almost like a mask or Egyptian goddess. A bit hard to describe but try to imagine a very flat long forehead (not in a bad way)

Paris is skinny fat with a flabby butt.

Angelina to me looked exactly like her photos. Extremely slim and teetering in enormously high spike heels.

Daphne Guinness wears the most powerful perfume I have ever experienced, literally it’s like a visible cloud that arrives minutes before her and lingers for half an hour afterwards

Matt Lauer is so thin and frail, he looks like a little doll in his dressy suits (or used to....)

Gwen Stefani not even one millimeter of roots or brown in her hair... the upkeep must be WOW

Hillary Clinton’s hair was gorgeous stunning buttery blonde when I met her, she is much prettier in person and looks beautifully groomed and styled

Lindsey Lohan was one of the most beautiful actresses I have ever seen when she was young, before she ruined herself.

by Anonymousreply 53May 18, 2019 3:45 AM

I saw Julianne Moore in NYC once. She is much better looking in person. And very short.

by Anonymousreply 54May 18, 2019 3:55 AM

Met Timothee Chalamet in person twice. He's beautiful on screen but even more so in person. Beautiful skin and that jawline is just unreal. And I know this sounds odd but I really wanted to touch those soft looking curls. I didn't of course. lol I know we're talking physical beauty, but he's a total sweetheart personality wise.

by Anonymousreply 55May 18, 2019 3:55 AM

r43 = Chrissy Metz

by Anonymousreply 56May 18, 2019 3:59 AM

Paddy O’Brian

by Anonymousreply 57May 18, 2019 4:06 AM

Back in the 80’s I signed up for a gym in Marin County. Jeff Goldblum was signing up as well. He was in the area making a movie at the time. The guy at the front desk gave us a tour at the same time. Jeff had a great personality. He was tall and good looking, too. I’m female, so I didn’t get a chance to check him out in the locker room.

by Anonymousreply 58May 18, 2019 4:12 AM

I saw Michael Douglas at the Fairmont Hotel in December 2017. He looked older and more frail than he does on tv and in movies.

by Anonymousreply 59May 18, 2019 4:15 AM

Anyone here who was so lucky (or unlucky) as to meet Leonardo DiCaprio in recent years? Or Jennifer Lopez?

by Anonymousreply 60May 18, 2019 5:00 AM

In person Kathy Lee Gifford is very short and much darker completed than I expected. She looked like a young Sherman Helmsley.

by Anonymousreply 61May 18, 2019 5:06 AM

Alexander Skarsgard is stunning, tall and just the type of man you walk into a lamppost because you are just staring at him. Timothee Chalamet is has an ethereal beauty, lovely skin and eyes, very slender. Hugh Grant has terrible wrinkles and looks crumpled and grumpy. Bob Geldof is a good example of how drugs are bad for you, he is slow and dazed.

by Anonymousreply 62May 18, 2019 5:30 AM

Timothee Chalamet is has an ethereal beauty.

Yes. That is a perfect description.

by Anonymousreply 63May 18, 2019 1:35 PM

Saw Matt Bomer in line for a concert on a chilly night in Manhattan. He was wearing glasses and the flush on his cheeks set off the blueness of his eyes that was just stunning.

by Anonymousreply 64May 18, 2019 3:44 PM

Lily Tomlin is prettier than she is on screen, and very sparkly.

Let's just say the camera is quite kind to Benjamin Bratt.

by Anonymousreply 65May 18, 2019 4:05 PM

I saw Halle Berry a couple of days after she won the Oscar. She was stunningly pretty in person, glowing and very lovely. She had a terrible flu at the time yet, yet was sweet and personable with a HOT boyfriend.

Courtney Cox. Pale and thin. But not what I expected... Her face was kind of smallish and thin too. She had a look that said she did not want to be messed with.

Kate Moss - Striking looking, but not what I would call very pretty. Taller than I expected (she had huge heels and her hair sculpted upwards) and was incredibly thin.

by Anonymousreply 66May 18, 2019 4:29 PM

[quote] Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum, Taylor Kitsch and Brenton Thwaites didn’t live up to my expectations, although for Thwaites it was probably just his unfortunate facial hair.

I'm so bummed to hear this.

A lot of the people mentioned here (who are considered average by Hollywood standards) have been described as better looking in person.

So it's ironic that the so-called hot guys are described as average in person.

by Anonymousreply 67May 18, 2019 4:34 PM

I saw Cher in person last year & she looks so much better when she's not jazzed up . She had on minimal make up, had on jeans & had her own hair. Her hair was lush and was a couple inches above her elbows. I saw her in a store & she was very nice.

by Anonymousreply 68May 18, 2019 4:35 PM

Charluze Theron - hiking in LA with her dog. Gorgeous and dressed down. Glowing like a goddess. Stunned by her natural beauty before I knew it was her.

Matt LeBlanc at the super market. Bizarre features. Again, struck by his odd look before I realized it was him. Shorter than you think. Strange, flat face with huge eyes.

Holly Hunter - TINY. And so skinny, like the size of a nine year old. Makes her seem so delicate but very pretty. Same with Donna Mills. Like a beautiful, fragile china doll.

Melissa McCarthy and Carnie Wilson are both very pretty and shockingly small. It goes to show how slim you have to be to look fit or thin in tv. The lengths actresses have to go thru in order to appear cut or skinny on tv is evident when you see how small stars considered to be obese actually are in real life.

by Anonymousreply 69May 18, 2019 4:40 PM

I want to see what Lisa Rinna looks like in real life.

Her face must be pulled so tight. And those lips!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 18, 2019 5:18 PM

I used to workout at the same gym as Sandra Bullock. She is much prettier and softer looking in person. She also doesn't look too thin in person, unlike most celebrities I've seen. Matthew McConaughey worked out with her once and he looked great--muscular legs and butt, but he's shorter than I expected. This was right before he got married when he was at his physical peak.

by Anonymousreply 71May 18, 2019 5:32 PM

Saw Taraji P Henson while she was filming Benjamin Button. She had the most gorgeous skin, didn’t appear to be wearing makeup naturally beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 72May 18, 2019 5:46 PM

I was surprised by Hilary Clinton too. Much better looking and well kept. This was 8 years ago. A far cry from the coke-bottle glasses of the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 73May 18, 2019 7:06 PM

Sofia Coppola. Wow. Saw her in the west village recently. Tall maybe 5'7 in shoes and striking features in person. Great haircut. Hot quite frankly, and i never felt she was even remotely attractive the last 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 74May 18, 2019 7:12 PM

I saw Oprah several years ago. I expected her to be much heavier but she looked like an average middle-aged woman in size, not at all obese.

by Anonymousreply 75May 18, 2019 7:22 PM

I too, have lived and worked in Hollywood for years. What's surprised me the most is How thin the male actors are in real life. They are ripped/cut/defined which translates to muscular on film, but they're waists are like 28 inches. Brad Pitt was so skinny, it was weird. George Clooney, too. the camera really does add 20 pounds, which is why everyone is so underweight.

Courtney Cox is the most alarmingly beautiful women i have every seen in person. Circa 2001 She was on the red carpet, so of course was picture perfect, but her eyes are crazy beautiful. I knew she was pretty but it threw me.

Chris Cornell, in 1997, was so handsome, I couldn't even speak when he spoke to me. Same thing with the beautiful eyes (and tan skin). I had to quickly snap out of it, and give him a tour of the set. I just kept starring at him. He probably thought i was a starstruck fan, but I didn't even know who he was at the time!!!

by Anonymousreply 76May 18, 2019 8:32 PM

Are you talking about this guy, R76?

I don't find him attractive at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 18, 2019 9:24 PM

Yes, [R77] But i met him before drugs and alcohol stole his looks and took his life. He look like this with short hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 18, 2019 10:04 PM

Chris Cornell also had a deep, low, soulful singing voice. (He died in 2017.)

by Anonymousreply 79May 18, 2019 10:19 PM

[R76] I concur about the thinness. I saw Greg Kinnear at a Q & A at a cinema for Little Miss Sunshine and what struck me most was how thin he was. And he looks "normal" on screen.

by Anonymousreply 80May 18, 2019 10:40 PM

Hilary Clinton and Jane Fonda in person both look great. Hilary seemed to be literally glowing. Jane Fonda...still stunning, as of about five years ago. Saw Bill Murray recently: ugh. Sean Connery...still impressive. Grant Show: unbelievably handsome in person. There's nothing like living in New York!

by Anonymousreply 81May 18, 2019 10:51 PM

How do the women all have a glow? Any insights from insiders?

by Anonymousreply 82May 18, 2019 11:28 PM

R82 they don't. These dlers are just star struck.

by Anonymousreply 83May 18, 2019 11:32 PM

I was in an elevator in the Four Seasons in Georgetown, DC with Sean Penn about 10 yrs ago - he was a lot shorter than me (I’m 5’9”) and he was surprisingly handsome and absolutely beautifully groomed and smelled amazing. I couldn’t stop staring at his gorgeous hair - he was in front of me. I always thought he looked gross, unkempt and greasy but he was definitely a star the day I saw him.

by Anonymousreply 84May 18, 2019 11:34 PM

The Queen Mother had lighting in her car doors that shined up at her. People on the street thought she looked glowing.

by Anonymousreply 85May 18, 2019 11:53 PM

I bet this thread is mostly bullshit! People are just lying threw their damn teeth praising their favorite celebrities, that it.

by Anonymousreply 86May 18, 2019 11:57 PM

Threw instead of through had me laughing R86. I was just imagining them throwing their teeth.

by Anonymousreply 87May 19, 2019 12:00 AM

[quote] How do the women all have a glow? Any insights from insiders?

It's called "highlighter." Used to be called "luminizer." There are also things called BB and CC creams. All these products have something like very finely-ground glitter in them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 19, 2019 12:04 AM

A coworker met Nicole Kidman at some yoga thing in CT and said she was so beautiful, she was otherworldly. Her skin was like porcelain, she said.

by Anonymousreply 89May 19, 2019 12:09 AM

I've seen the Queen in person, she's very average looking. I've also seen Prince William, he is very good looking - great smile and skin, thin too. His mother Diana was also extremely good looking in a way the camera did not really capture.

by Anonymousreply 90May 19, 2019 12:18 AM

Instead of starting a new thread I'll ask here, who's the most charismatic, magnetic celeb you've ever met. It's not just good looks but a quality, a glow that there could be so many people but they stood out.

by Anonymousreply 91May 19, 2019 12:18 AM

Kim Bassinger. Stunning. Gwyneth Paltrow. Woof! A dog. Most of the female celebrities have the skinniest arms you will ever see. Like a skeleton. Very few male stars have the charisma in person that they have on film. They usually disappoint. Could not believe how tall and tiny Kathy Ireland was. They always called her the full figured model in her day. Tiny head and a size 2. Boney arms.

by Anonymousreply 92May 19, 2019 12:21 AM

Robin Wright and Sean Penn on a coffee run at Peet's on several occasions when they were still married. Robin wore no makeup and was naturally pretty with beautiful complexion and wispy hair, very unassuming. She looked me right in the eyes and thanked me or it felt like she was studying my face when I made her drinks. I got the feeling that she's a curious person. Sean Penn was shorter in person than expected, ugly and dour, had no interactions with staff as he mostly just waited outside while Robin came in to get the drinks to go.

by Anonymousreply 93May 19, 2019 12:28 AM

Charisma-wise, (this is a weird one)

Lavar Burton.

No joke. The guy was so nice and friendly. He memorized the first and last names of every person on the Call Sheet and when I introduced myself the day I met him (using my first name only), he knew my last name! I was just a production assistant.

But most actors are very standoffish and shy. The don't usually show a lot of personality nor are they very friendly to the crew. They're cordial, but not friendly.

by Anonymousreply 94May 19, 2019 12:31 AM

Deborah Harry was lovely in person - flawless skin and those cheekbones! She wears too much makeup on stage, it doesn’t look as good.

by Anonymousreply 95May 19, 2019 12:38 AM

The queen, prince Philip and kate middleton came to my city and the queen shines and kate has this charisma. More than just being tall and being who she is. She had a quality, you would notice her even if she weren't the duchess. Prince Philip didn't stand out at all.

by Anonymousreply 96May 19, 2019 12:38 AM

Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki.

Haha, just kidding. I wish!

by Anonymousreply 97May 19, 2019 1:34 AM

[quote]Charisma-wise, (this is a weird one) Lavar Burton.

“Weird”, how?

by Anonymousreply 98May 19, 2019 1:43 AM

R94 Most actors are probably just cordial and not overly friendly because they don't want their personal business to end up on TMZ by a "source".

You know, someone like you.

That's why there standoffish. They can't trust anyone. I'm the exact same way.

by Anonymousreply 99May 19, 2019 1:44 AM

"kate has this charisma."

I've met her on two occasions, and this is most certainly not true.

by Anonymousreply 100May 19, 2019 2:37 AM

Bette Midler had beautiful skin (horrible person, but credit where due). Russell Brand in his druggie times, tall lanky and pretty..Julianne Moore, beautiful skin, radiant persona, Steve Martin, identical to on screen, Melanie Griffith, opposite of Bette Midler, a sweetheart who looked scary (a few years back), Tiger Woods (before his scandals), super imposing, tall and way more gorgeous than on tv.

by Anonymousreply 101May 19, 2019 3:08 AM

Both Mary Martin and Ethel Merman we're short, tiny women, especially Mary.

by Anonymousreply 102May 19, 2019 3:16 AM

Oh Charlize Theron, plain as a mud face as ma would say. Seriously. Without makeup, that is.

by Anonymousreply 103May 19, 2019 3:20 AM

r103) Mud fence, plain as a mud fence

by Anonymousreply 104May 19, 2019 3:21 AM

Many years ago I was standing in line behind a sort, average-looking guy in a baseball cap - average except for his stunning blue eyes. When he smiled at the clerk, I realized - yikes - it’s Clint Howard. (Ron’s brother.) He looked much better in person, with a hat, and not smiling.

by Anonymousreply 105May 19, 2019 3:23 AM

Vicki Lawrence. Obviously takes care of her skin; great hair, great nails, great makeup.

by Anonymousreply 106May 19, 2019 3:25 AM

I think Vickie's husband is a professional make-up artist (or was.) I believe they met when he was doing make up on "Carol Burnett."

by Anonymousreply 107May 19, 2019 3:55 AM

Yes, and yes.

by Anonymousreply 108May 19, 2019 4:40 AM

People I've met through work: Ashton Kutcher is just beautiful and very tall. Great skin. Keanu is much taller than you think and beautiful and sweet. Of all the Sex and The City girls, Kristen Davis is hands down the best looking. Gwyneth Paltrow is pretty but not beautiful. Her husband Brad is gorgeous and has the most beautiful light blueish grey eyes. Great shaped torso. Smart as fuck. Probably 5'10 but wears thick soled shoes. Chris Pine might be the best looking guy I've ever seen. His features are not perfect, but beautiful. He's at least 6'1. Seems like a great guy. Jennifer Aniston looks like a very pretty stewardess and is taller than you'd think. Edgar Ramirez is really hot in person. Beautiful dresser. About 5'11. Ana de Armas is both beautiful and cute and will be a big star when Bond comes out. Very likable. I think she hooked up with Keanu when they made "Knock Knock"

by Anonymousreply 109May 19, 2019 6:35 AM

R60 I can't say I met, but I saw Leonardo at a screening for Inception years back, I was front row.

I don't find him appealing but in person he was rather striking, and taller than I had expected. Could have been the dark suit that fit him so well, but perhaps it was his confidence that made him appear larger than he looks on screen.

Jordana Brewster is absolutely adorable.

Dana Delaney is super skinny, but beautiful.

Sarah Paulson appears youthful, probably due to her personality.

by Anonymousreply 110May 19, 2019 7:41 AM

Anthony Bourdain was extremely tall and thin. Rugged but attractive and made you feel special if you could communicate with him.

by Anonymousreply 111May 19, 2019 7:58 AM

Steven Tyler 20 years ago was gorgeous in person, and very sweet and friendly.

by Anonymousreply 112May 19, 2019 9:16 AM

Olivia Newton John twenty years ago. I was in a studio booth while she was interviewed. I was surprised how thick her makeup was. Very very professional but I didn’t get any feeling of the softness of her image.

by Anonymousreply 113May 19, 2019 9:41 AM

I LOVE this thread!

by Anonymousreply 114May 19, 2019 9:48 AM

Any Irving’s eyes are even more stunning in person. She is very pretty and approachable.

by Anonymousreply 115May 19, 2019 10:17 AM

Robert DeNIro is very short (maybe 5'4 tops. All,his co stars must be equally short or they'd tower over him. Ryan Gosling is nothing special, is person although quite tall. Tall and rugged looking in person were Gene Hackman and Liam Neeson. Katherine Hepburn in her 70s was a goddess oozing charisma and 6 feet tall.

Madonna and Cher are smaller than you 'd imagine but only Cher has charisma I"m focusing on size because most celebs look so much smaller in person you're shocked when someone looks bigger or more impressive.

by Anonymousreply 116May 19, 2019 10:19 AM

Saw Cam Neeley the former Boston Bruin star hockey player in line at a Dunkin’ Donuts in downtown crossing. Ruggedly handsome and you could bounce a quarter off his ass.

by Anonymousreply 117May 19, 2019 10:23 AM

Amy Irving’s eyes are even more beautiful in person. She is very pretty and approachable.

by Anonymousreply 118May 19, 2019 10:25 AM

R100 haha well I never spoke to her so maybe it was just the height and smile!

by Anonymousreply 119May 19, 2019 11:33 AM

I would imagine that basketball players are the most striking in person, especially since most of them are 6'5 or taller.

Kobe Bryant must look amazing in person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 19, 2019 3:41 PM

I live in Nashville so I see Country stars off & on. There are 3 that truly stick out to me.

1- I live not too far from where Nicole & Keith have their city home. I've seen Nicole many times at the French bakery & even at Whole Foods. She's very tall & slim and much prettier in person. She doesn't look or act austere and is approachable with a magnetic smile . Her hair is extremely curly & the blonde color needs to go. She's too pale for it. She looked much better with her copper color.

2- I saw Alan Jackson in a restaurant with his family. He was gigantic. Not just very tall but built like a brick house. He had the most unsettling demeanor or anyone I can remember. Not just to the wait staff but to his own family. Like if they mistakenly spilled something he'd break their face. The handsome sun kissed looks are now very hardened not so much by age but by an overwhelming persona of pent up rage.

3- I know I've posted this before but I saw Marty Stewart on a Michael's about 10-12 years ago. He is a short man. He was wearing high heeled black sued boots a la Prince, jeans, a white button down with cuff links & a black suede duster jacket . He had his long black shag haircut. The 2 things that made me stare though was he had the most gorgeous unlined, supple tan facial skin. Not pulled either. I really wanted to ask what skin products he used. The second thing is to this day I have never seen a man in such perfectly pressed clothes. I could iron for 72 hours & I would never be able to get my cuffs, collars, jeans or coat that immaculately pressed. I've never got something that immaculate from the dry cleaner. And this was him shopping at Michaels. I saw him again on the local noon show a couple months back & his face a beat & scruffy now.

by Anonymousreply 121May 19, 2019 3:58 PM

Whoopi Goldberg looks identical IRL to how she looks on TV. It is far out.

by Anonymousreply 122May 19, 2019 4:06 PM

Laurie Metcalf, last year: Great skin, nice figure, youthful, cute short haircut.

Phylicia Rashad (shared a cab with her c. 2004): Beautiful, down to earth, curious—asked questions and made polite conversation. Very nice, elegantly dressed.

Famke Janssen, a few months ago: Tall, gorgeous bone structure, commanding presence.

by Anonymousreply 123May 19, 2019 4:08 PM

Julianne Moore.

Pale and freckled, beautiful skin.

by Anonymousreply 124May 19, 2019 4:11 PM

Diane Sawyer over a decade ago. Just like she did on TV. Beautiful skin. What surprised me was how she was casually shopping in what had to be 4-5 inch heel, but she did look good in them.

by Anonymousreply 125May 19, 2019 4:14 PM

I know someone who because of his line of work met a lot of celebrities . He said Keri Russell was the most stunningly beautiful woman he ever met

by Anonymousreply 126May 19, 2019 4:20 PM

Simon Callow looks very good in person. Soulful eyes.

by Anonymousreply 127May 19, 2019 4:27 PM

I saw georgina chapman and keren Craig in my during fashion week. Georgina really is stunning, you do a double take but she was too skinny.

by Anonymousreply 128May 19, 2019 6:23 PM

Living in New York, I see celebrities all the time and most of the time they look just like you'd expect them to, except older. Of course, that may because I'm an eldergay and would't recognize any younger celebrities if they sat down next to me on a park bench.

Examples are Kathleen Turner, John Lithgow, Danny DeVito, Tony Danza, Alan Alda, Barbara Barrie, Bob Balaban, Tommy Tune, Tony Sheldon, David Hyde Pierce, Liza.

While waking my dog, I very nearly slammed into Ann Richards as she grandly swept out of her apartment building on Broadway. She was very statuesque and. of course, that white hair can't be missed. I blurted out 'Good morning, Governor' and she turned on that million-dollar smile and drawled 'Haaaaa' and she headed for the car that was waiting for her.

R122 was right, Whoopi looks just the same, as did Julianne Moore.

The one celebrity who looked positively cadaverous was poor Bert Parks. I was shopping next to him on Rodeo Drive thirty years ago and he looked ancient. He died of lung cancer a few years later so he may have already been ill.

by Anonymousreply 129May 19, 2019 6:47 PM

I was surprised by how "normal" Matt Bomer looked in person. Granted, he was a beautiful normal, but I expected him to be sorta like a statue or wax figure given how he usually looks so impossibly beautiful in pictures.

by Anonymousreply 130May 19, 2019 7:24 PM

I have a feeling that Matt Bomer cakes on the makeup, wherever he goes.

by Anonymousreply 131May 19, 2019 7:26 PM

Kim Basinger is the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen. Passed her on the street on the UWS about 20 years ago and had to force myself not to stare.

by Anonymousreply 132May 19, 2019 8:01 PM

I was at a dinner party where Kim Basinger/Alec Baldwin were in attendance (before they got married)....she was stunning & it was a casual evening and it was a small group of people....I think she was the most breathtakingly beautiful I have seen in person...also saw Cindy Crawford on Sony lot years ago and she was walking from to sound stages and she was gorgeous on a make-up free/healthy way....those two encounters always stick with me...

by Anonymousreply 133May 19, 2019 8:16 PM

Kim Basinger looks like Murphy Brown now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 19, 2019 8:18 PM

The Hemsworth brothers are sooooo good looking and gorg in person.

I saw Daniel Craig and he's not bad looking but he has really, nice eyes. nice bloke.

by Anonymousreply 135May 19, 2019 8:29 PM

More on Kim Bassinger, I was at an event with all these rich bitch/society ladies. I could see them all trying to "not" look at Kim. But even they had to steal glances. . It's one of the first times I can remember a celebrities hair even looking thicker and more beautiful in person. No need for extensions there. Kim seemed nervous though. I know she has had agoraphobia issues, and she seemed delicate that way.

by Anonymousreply 136May 19, 2019 8:34 PM

I remember watching Joan Rivers on the red carpet at an awards show after the first season of Survivor. She asked one of the female contestants if anything about the celebrities surprised her and she said that it was shocking how thin they were. Joan nodded.

by Anonymousreply 137May 19, 2019 8:35 PM

I saw Keanu Reeves perform with his band Dog Star back in the mid 90’s. The show was at a small club in New Orleans. He was gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 138May 19, 2019 9:25 PM

I saw Henry Kissinger in a hotel elevator in NYC last month. He was an old turtle in a wheelchair...what is he, 100 now? Nancy looked OK and the ginger bodyguard was semi-hot.

by Anonymousreply 139May 20, 2019 12:46 AM

I'll tell my story of when I went to the MTV VMAs way back in 1995 at Radio City Music Hall.

Stood next to Helena Christiansen. Gorgeous. It's not that she looks better in person than she did in photos, it's that she really is that attractive.

Was standing very near FredSchneider of the B52s and Kevin Bacon. Both look basically as expected. Bacon is shorter than I'd imagined. The absolute ignorance and obnoxious behavior they dealt was stunning. I was standing close enough to overhear the conversations, and it was truly bizarre what they get hit with. I don't know that I could maintain composure the way they did.

All that said, my answer would be Michael Jackson. I never saw him up close and personal, but he was the first performance of that show. Words cannot describe how good he was. I wasn't even much of a MJ fan, but he completely exeeded my expectation. I've tried watching it on video, but it's no where near what it was like live that night. he truly was a phenomenal performer.

by Anonymousreply 140May 20, 2019 3:07 AM

I saw Harvey Keitel a couple of years ago in Toronto and he looked like a derelict. He had his arm around a girl less than half his age. Sat near Helena Bonham Carter who was very thin and short: funny thing is that she was wearing a black body suit. She was dressed very modern for her Victorian looks. Stellan Skargard looks the same in real life as onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 141May 20, 2019 3:27 AM

Saw Cindy Crawford and Richard Gere back in the 90s. They were a very attractive couple. Cindy had minimal makeup and was stunning. Gere was wearing his hair longer at that time. Casually dressed but they just had that glamorous look.

Met Tom Selleck in the mid eighties during the Magnum PI years. Looked exactly like he did on tv. Also very gracious to all that approached him.

Sat next to Salma Hayek while in LAX in early 2000’s. She is very short but drop dead gorgeous. We were on a shuttle being transferred to another gate. An older lady was struggling to get herself and a large bag on the shuttle and before any of us could react she jumped out of her chair and was helping her out.

by Anonymousreply 142May 20, 2019 3:48 AM

Chris Pine is tall!! That was the most chocking revelation. I assume they are all short. The ones I’ve met have all been - Julianne Moore, SJP, Broderick, Edie Falco, David Muir, Kiefer Sutherland, Bill Murray. RuPaul - not in drag - was the only tall celeb I’ve met.

by Anonymousreply 143May 20, 2019 3:50 AM

I’m not a big fan of Scarlet Johansson but she is the most beautiful person I have ever seen. She glowed as though there were special lights aimed at her. Just breathtaking.

by Anonymousreply 144May 20, 2019 3:53 AM

[quote] What looks obese onscreen tends to be perfectly average in real life.

In reality, Chrissy Metz is a size four!

by Anonymousreply 145May 20, 2019 3:57 AM

About 5 years ago I was behind Tyler Christopher at the grocery store. He was wearing flip flops and there's no way in hell he's 5'10. More like 5'7-5'8 and very slim and muscular. His face, especially his pouty lips, were beautiful. And I would lick those feets.

by Anonymousreply 146May 20, 2019 3:57 AM

Anyone seen Ron Eldard lately? I've always had a crush on him.

by Anonymousreply 147May 20, 2019 4:00 AM

A few I've met over the years:

Dan Aykroyd: Obese and schleppy. You would not know he was famous at all if you did not recognize him. Wore a stained crappy light grey suit.

Jessica Lange: Met her in the Eighties at a bookstore I worked at when she was at the height of her fame. Extremely pretty--seemed to be glowing she was so beautiful.

Ben Chaplin (from "The Truth about Cats and Dogs" and "Washington Square"): Extremely small. Really surprised how tiny he was.

Donal Logue (from "Gotham"): Looks exactly in person like he does on the screen, except like many famous people when you meet him face-to-face you realize he has strabismus (his pupils look in different directions).

Peter Krause: Tall , and has a magnificent high bubble butt. Pale in the way people from the Midwest are, but handsome.

Mark Feuerstein: Very handsome and well built, but short, though not as short as Ben Chaplin. Shiny skin.

Janeane Garofalo: Sweet and small. Very smiley and shy when I met her.

Wilfried Knight (the late porn star): Met him a few years before he killed himself. Extremely handsome and sunny--you would notice him even you didn't know who he was. Great million-dollar smile.

Toni Morrison:: Obese. Has the biggest ass I've ever seen in my life--it protruded behind her quite a ways, and she had difficulty walking. Has a dazzling smile and great grey cornrows. She used to drive around the town of Princeton in her green Jaguar and the canopy would be clouded in cigarette smoke (she was a chain smoker back in the day).

by Anonymousreply 148May 20, 2019 4:12 AM

R148 Tell me more about your Janeane Garofalo experience.

by Anonymousreply 149May 20, 2019 7:25 AM

I was walking behind Cher once in Boston. I didn't know who she was but her body was so incredible I walked right into a parking meter while staring at her.

I always thought she was really tall. She is taller than I am (I'm 5'3") but we wore the same 27 30" size jeans. I'm short waisted and she's long waisted so that must explain it.

by Anonymousreply 150May 20, 2019 8:37 AM

[quote]How do the women all have a glow? Any insights from insiders?

If you've ever seen those shows like Extreme Makeover? That's what their lives are like. First, they work with dietitians around the clock for months on end, and then with a trainer every single day. They get all medical screenings so they are as healthy as can be. Then every flaw is erased surgically. Followed by a team of up to five to ten stylists, hair and makeup people to fuss over them for hours before their big reveal. voila! Instant glow.

by Anonymousreply 151May 20, 2019 10:01 AM

Ray Liotta used to be drop dead striking back in the day

by Anonymousreply 152May 20, 2019 10:41 AM

Got stuck in the elevator with Fergie the Duchess of York in the Carlyle elevator a few years ago . She was super cool and down to earth and much prettier in person .

by Anonymousreply 153May 20, 2019 11:36 AM

Saw the black guy from Jerry Maguire going into a U2 concert in Toronto. He was very tall and very handsome, even more than in the movie. He was wearing a cowboy hat and was very charismatic.

by Anonymousreply 154May 20, 2019 11:43 AM

I met Cybill Shepherd about fifteen years ago, and she looked much better in person than I’d have thought. Great skin, I couldn’t understand why there was such obvious use of filters on “Moonlighting” several years before. Really looked terrific.

by Anonymousreply 155May 20, 2019 11:49 AM

Joan Rivers looked shorter in person. Very friendly in person.

by Anonymousreply 156May 20, 2019 12:12 PM

Bump for this awesome thread!

by Anonymousreply 157May 20, 2019 4:20 PM

Caitlyn Jenner looks different in person from Bruce Jenner.

by Anonymousreply 158May 20, 2019 5:50 PM

Leo came into the library where I worked. He either lived in Battery Park City or was visiting. He came in wearing a baseball cap and asked what the place was. (It's not a typical public library.) He's tall. Didn't really think much else. Answered his questions. He was with two friends (guys). I would not say he looks better in person but he looked fine.

I saw Andrea Martin outside the health food store the other day. She is a bit taller than I would have guessed. She looks good.

Saw Julianne Moore (seriously) on the subway. She looked exactly the way you imagine she looks. Has that transluscence of the redhead.

BD Wong: even smaller in person but he's really beautiful. Dancing eyes.

by Anonymousreply 159May 20, 2019 8:20 PM

But Julianne Moore is really short. I guess it’s assumed for actors. But saw her the day after Josh Charles - also short - and it was my first realization that small people make good camera actors for some reason. And you totally would notice them otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 160May 20, 2019 8:47 PM

R160 Julianne is really tiny.

by Anonymousreply 161May 20, 2019 8:58 PM

Tanya Tucker sure as hell doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 162May 20, 2019 9:00 PM

A lot of people are short though. I remember Hugh Laurie being really tall, but obviously different than someone like Julian McMahon, who is also tall but large (broad shoulders, etc.). and he had a rather intimidating presence, where Hugh did not.

There's nothing worse than seeing a tall man who is also ugly. And yes, they do exist.

by Anonymousreply 163May 20, 2019 9:04 PM

I met everyone who is anyone in the 80s and 90s. Christie Brinkley was always radiant, in person. Not at all the barbie doll of pictures, or the scary frozen ageless joker face she is now. 100 Watt bulb!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 20, 2019 9:06 PM

I know Bret Ellis. If he had fucked or been fucked by Keanu he would have told everyone he knows. Twice.

by Anonymousreply 165May 20, 2019 9:41 PM

3 tiny people who were even smaller than I thought:

Salma Hayek - Was absolutely stunning. She looked like a woman that had been coloured in. Thicker hips, luscious darker lips, incredibly voluminous hair, flawless olive skin. But TEENY. I don't know how she keeps her weight down because she had kind of a square face and a very curvy figure (the boobs are HUGE), so you'd think that at that height if she ate anything it wouldn't have anywhere to go. Probably the most beautiful celebrity i've ever seen.

Bono - I didn't get the best look at him but he looked a lot older and beady-eyed. Quite frankly he looked like a goblin. Had rough skin and a 5 o'clock shadow but his hair was well-kempt.

Holly Hunter - The body of a 10 year old boy. She must weigh about 40 kgs. Really tiny and really muscly, obviously a low body fat percentage. Veiny. Her skin on the face looked okay but what I really noticed was her hair, which didn't look as nice as say Hayek's (it was more sandy and curly) but was REALLY thick and long. She kind of has the appearance of a rag doll actually.

by Anonymousreply 166May 20, 2019 9:53 PM

R166 Bono's been through a lot.

by Anonymousreply 167May 20, 2019 9:56 PM

r140 - glad to hear that. Helena Christianson was and still is my favorite 90's supermodel of all time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168May 20, 2019 10:22 PM

I ran into Jill Clayburgh at the Bronx Zoo in the 1980s, she was unexpectedly very nice looking in person. I saw Phylicia Rashad at a store and she was as big as a truck, but she was doing a play and the weight may have been for the role. I used to see critic John Simon all the time on the Metro North train, he got off at Mount Vernon. Simon is a midget, like 5'4".

Two big surprises.

Robert Redford. This was in New York when he was supposed to be good looking. He's covered in freckles, something you don't see in movies. I mean covered - hands, neck, face. It was summer and Redford's face was all red which made his bleach job look all the more a result of bleach. He's also a shrimp, probably 5'9" tops.

Martina Navratilova. This was during a tournament at Amelia Island about 15 years ago. She was making an appearance and signing autographs and wore street clothes. Well! Martina not only looked terrific, she had incredible charisma. My (homophobic) mother saw her and went on and on about how "attractive" Martina was. She's on the tall side, but not that tall, about 5'7".

by Anonymousreply 169May 20, 2019 11:09 PM

R160 How short is Josh? I thought he was 6'1.

by Anonymousreply 170May 21, 2019 12:05 AM

Julianne Moore has a funny walk. I don't know how to explain it. She walks like a fat person, slightly wobbling, just fast.

by Anonymousreply 171May 21, 2019 12:20 AM

Harvey Keitel looks exactly the way he looks on the big screen. And he wears black.

by Anonymousreply 172May 21, 2019 12:21 AM

Julie Andrew was Wow..star quality and elegant..lovely skin. Joan collins very fragile and wary. But good up close. Julia roberts wgo i adored was shorter than expected and wimpish..not sexy. Natasha richardson was radiant and sweet and v friendly. Jennifer hudson was stunning in ball gown then v normal in regular gear..but extremely lovely. Linda Gray was Astounding..beautiful and sexy. Nicole sherzinger is tiny, in bare feet, girly and fun..way more natural than id expected. Ellen, not friendly and very creppy around eyes. Angela lansbury was fab and looked fantastic. . Elegant and natural, 2 yrs ago. Kate blanchette flawless poreless skin..waif thin. Sharon osbornes skin is flawless..and shes so friendly and motherly. Britney, in about 2002 looked 35. Mat mcconaughey, ordinary..short legs all torso. Kylie minogue, more natural than expected and girl next door geeky friendly...a dream. Chris de burgh is tiny and grumpy. Colin farrell is v handsome..nice height, but smokers brown fingers and too unkempt. Sophia loren, iconic but too fragile to be still trying to recreate the illusion...wig, padding in dress...but star quality in spades...

by Anonymousreply 173May 21, 2019 1:05 AM

Gosh, are you Elton John R173 ?

by Anonymousreply 174May 21, 2019 1:11 AM

[quote]Kate blanchette flawless poreless skin

That so funny. I remember seeing Blanchett in Charlotte Gray on the big screen when it came out. There was one extreme close up and you could see every pore one her face. I was taken aback and surprised that the shot was left in the film. I am talking really big pores.

by Anonymousreply 175May 21, 2019 1:12 AM

I guess what I'm trying to say is what R151 already said. None of these people were born with flawless skin or some special glow. It's just tens of thousand's of dollars spent at the dermatologist's office.

by Anonymousreply 176May 21, 2019 1:15 AM

thousand's = thousands

by Anonymousreply 177May 21, 2019 1:16 AM

Is r25 talking about RDJ, or was Robert Redford in Endgame?

by Anonymousreply 178May 21, 2019 1:29 AM

R173 here again..no im not elton haha...tho david furnish was exactly the same in real life..tho warmer, smilier and friendler. Heath ledger was v v ordinary looking. Had his head shaved in crew cut. I Spoke with him, then afterwards a friend said 'i think hes famous'... very ordinary..very short..very nice guy. Never thought he was anybody. Katie price looked great about 7 yrs ago).. lovely girl..rhen it was as if she'd let her guard down with me and suddenly snapped back into the Jordan persona..jekyl and hyde..i liked her tho. Joan rivers was way prettier and way more normal looking than expected and v friendly. Helen mirren was exactly as youd think, equally as pretty in the flesh.

by Anonymousreply 179May 21, 2019 1:35 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 21, 2019 1:37 AM

R180 Redford wears a rug.

by Anonymousreply 181May 21, 2019 1:40 AM

Rose Byrne -Really pretty and delicate. Huge eyes and lovely porcelain-like bone structure.

by Anonymousreply 182May 21, 2019 1:45 AM

Rose looks tiny on screen.

by Anonymousreply 183May 21, 2019 2:14 AM

R183 She's actually not that tiny, ultra slim but around average height. She does have really nice posture and a huge head.

by Anonymousreply 184May 21, 2019 2:23 AM

Anyone seen Billy Crudup? He looks about 6'2 but I heard he's about 5'8.

by Anonymousreply 185May 21, 2019 4:04 AM

R185, He's no taller than 5'10, and he's an egomaniac.

by Anonymousreply 186May 21, 2019 4:13 AM

How about Janeane Garofalo?

by Anonymousreply 187May 21, 2019 4:18 AM

R187. She's not even close to being 5'10.

by Anonymousreply 188May 21, 2019 4:23 AM

R188 She's 5'1, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 189May 21, 2019 4:30 AM

R184 Rose used to model in Australia even though she was a little short, 5'5 - 5'6 tops.

by Anonymousreply 190May 21, 2019 4:35 AM

It was a long time ago now, maybe 25 years, but I got close to Madonna at Canal Bar and she was a beautiful little China doll, with lovely translucent eyes.

by Anonymousreply 191May 21, 2019 4:40 AM

My old roommate, very connected to the New York party scene (or was), used to say Linda Evangelista was the most beautiful supermodel in person.

by Anonymousreply 192May 21, 2019 4:44 AM

Naomi, Wynonna and Ashley Judd. I live in NYC and happened to be walking by a movie theatre on West 23rd Street just as an SUV pulled up and the three women emerged—it was a premiere for "Someone Like You," Ashley's film with Hugh Jackman. Naomi, Wynonna and Ashley all looked gorgeous, radiant. I always thought each one was pretty in her own way, but they definitely look even more beautiful in person.

by Anonymousreply 193May 21, 2019 4:52 AM

R180, you think THAT is a great body??? Age is not an excuse. He looks like he's been in a hospital bed for a month.

by Anonymousreply 194May 21, 2019 2:04 PM

Angelina Jolie In Manhattan several years ago. Pretty but could tell her face was all implants and odd exaggerated angles to probably look better on screen . She looked like she was made of wax. She looks better in photos.

by Anonymousreply 195May 21, 2019 2:42 PM

Saw jen aniston at the horrible bosses London premiere. Gorgeous, way better in real and I think she looks stunning in pictures and videos. Very very tiny and her blue eyes pop out much more.

by Anonymousreply 196May 21, 2019 6:19 PM

R186, please dish on his ego.

by Anonymousreply 197May 21, 2019 10:12 PM

R197. He's an arrogant cunt who thinks he is much more important and famous than he is.

by Anonymousreply 198May 21, 2019 11:00 PM

R148 Please dish on Janeane Garofalo.

by Anonymousreply 199May 21, 2019 11:04 PM

Someone mentioned Conan O'Brien being handsome. Yes, he is but he has a really commanding presence. I'm 6'2 and he's definitely taller than me. Built really well too.

Yes to Joan Rivers. Met her a few times and while always gracious, I wondered---why does her plastic surgery photograph badly? She never looked natural with all the makeup and baubles, but she actually looked really pretty in an overly done up sort of way.

Stephen Baldwin back in the day was pretty breathtaking, but tiny. He clung to his girlfriend who was the same height as he, couldn't be more than 5'6. Broad chest for a little guy and painted on jeans that showed off one incredible ass. Too bad he became a fundy.

Poor Daniel Day-Lewis. He can look like a god onscreen, but that skin and odd facial structure are only something a camera could love. He was quite nice, but I had no idea who he was until someone else told me.

by Anonymousreply 200May 21, 2019 11:38 PM

R195, please be more specific about Angelina's implants. Cheeks, lips, what?

by Anonymousreply 201May 22, 2019 12:36 AM

This is going to seem like a strange one, but Leezza Gibbons was absolutely gorgeous in real life. Truly stunning. I’ve met a good number of celebs and she is the only one who impressed me by looking much better than her TV self.

by Anonymousreply 202May 22, 2019 12:39 AM

Are facial implants like breast implants, in that you have to get them redone or taken out eventually?

by Anonymousreply 203May 22, 2019 1:24 AM

I saw Robin Wright in person a few years ago (Joan's on Third in LA) and she looked stunning, even with almost no makeup.

by Anonymousreply 204May 22, 2019 1:26 AM

R202- I am not that surprised. How tall is she?

by Anonymousreply 205May 22, 2019 2:40 AM

Anyone seen that bitch Julianna Margulies? For the life of me I cannot understand her appeal. On TV she's so hard and masculine.

by Anonymousreply 206May 22, 2019 3:27 AM

Bizarre array here:

Christian Bale: fucking hot fucking gorgeous. About 6'2", broad muscular shoulders & back, very fit, thick wavy blondish hair.

Stephen Colbert: exactly the same as on TV, smiley, a loving dad. Tall.

Ashley Judd: plastic surgery didn't look as insane in person. Skittesh & stand-offish. Pretty but unkempt and looks her age. About 5'4"-5'6".

Jessica Biel: way more gorgeous in real life. Stunning face and one of the hottest bodies I've ever seen.

Tarjei Sandvik Moe: extremely young, quite pretty, very lean yet muscular, tall about 5'11", terrible coarse hair, disproportionately broad shoulders.

Danny DeVito & Rhea Pearlman: tiny & old. Must be 4'10" max.

Alexander deCroo: enormous cock and I'll leave it at that

Tina Fey: sickly skinny, obviously 40+, rude bitch

by Anonymousreply 207May 22, 2019 4:26 AM

R207 Tell all about Tina!

by Anonymousreply 208May 22, 2019 4:31 AM

R207 claim is false base on the description of Colbert alone. He's nothing like he seems on TV.

Danny Davito and Rhea Liter are short in real life - Shocking!

by Anonymousreply 209May 22, 2019 4:38 AM

R209 "Davito" oh dear

by Anonymousreply 210May 22, 2019 4:41 AM

But you ARE R207 aren't you R210? You have no response to my challenge but an old fags, oh dear? You have never set eyes on Colbert or Tina Fey or Danny Davito. A fraud. I know you are lying. Check the thread category again and spread your guesses elsewhere. Colbert looks 68 years old in person and is not a nice guy. For starters.

by Anonymousreply 211May 22, 2019 4:53 AM

John Krasinski is extremely tall, incredibly thin, like rail thin, and surprisingly absolutely gorgeous in person. Not just cute as he appears on TV. Seems like a chill, nice guy, too.

by Anonymousreply 212May 22, 2019 4:58 AM

I met Drew Barrymore around 1990 and she was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Perfect skin, and long, heavy, heavy blonde hair.

I was surprised, because even as a young actress she struck me more as a character type. But in person she looked like Venus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 22, 2019 4:59 AM

R211 is Colbert really a dick? That's so sad. Details? He looked just as he does onscreen when I saw him on the set of his show, but that was 14 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 214May 22, 2019 5:00 AM

Jennifer garner is surprisingly gorgeous in person and very sweet, to my friends at a dermatology conference anyway. Saw Taylor Hansen a few years ago and he was enormously tall and even more beautiful in person. Greek god

by Anonymousreply 215May 22, 2019 5:03 AM

Saw Colbert in a deli in 2018, he looks exactly as he does on screen; neither good thing nor bad thing.

Davito/Colbert troll is the same one screaming about Robert Redford still having a great body and full head of hair, so.

by Anonymousreply 216May 22, 2019 5:06 AM

I've mentioned this before, but I once had coffee and dessert with Kathy Bates and some others in NYC after MISERY came out, and I was struck by how good looking she was.

Smooth, clear olive skin, very even features, glossy dark hair, lovely mouth and large eyes. It was the [italic]quality[/italic] of her features that was striking. Not fancy, but a smoothly crafted face that was very alluring. She looks like she's from Sicily or somewhere, as if she were born in a field of poppies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217May 22, 2019 5:09 AM

This thread is ambiguous.

by Anonymousreply 218May 22, 2019 5:19 AM

Huh, you're the moron and a liar R216. The Robert Redford post was meant as an obvious joke. Everyone who is not an inveterate internet liar and obsessed person understood that from my caption and THE photo. Irony.

You call me a troll because I challenge your lies about Colbert, Tina Fey and withered up monster Christian Bale? Some of us really have met or worked with these people. You're projecting your feelings onto people you've never seen or met. Put your OPINIONS on some other thread you fucking piece of ancient shit. Oh dear. For sure.

by Anonymousreply 219May 22, 2019 5:21 AM

I saw Vincent Gallo once in New York, and he looks even sleazier in person.

Andy McDowell is very beautiful in person, but even skinnier than she appears onscreen, which is a bit alarming.

Jared Leto looks the same.

by Anonymousreply 220May 22, 2019 5:24 AM

Is Al Pacino as short as he looks onscreen? I swear he doesn't look over 5'4. And his ex Diane Keaton looks about 5'11.

by Anonymousreply 221May 22, 2019 1:31 PM

Any seen weinstein in real life? Is he even uglier in person?

by Anonymousreply 222May 22, 2019 4:27 PM

I've walked five blocks in Soho five years ago literally ten inches from Keaton. Our bodies were nearly touching we were so close. She was wearing boots and a big bubble jacket and a ski hat (she was promoting her memoir in town) and it was a scorching hot day. Very old face. But TALLLLLLLL. I'm 5'8" and she was 5'10" or 5'11".

Harvey i have had the misfortune of seeing in person several times as well. Often on Hudson in the west village or in front of his Tribeca offices, where he would stand and talk loudly on his phone. I was shocked when I saw him for the first time: HUGE. Massive proportions. I thought he was a fat little Jewish guy but he was tall and big and a big presence that took up space even outside. Looking back I can't imagine a woman trying to get free of his clutches in a locked hotel room or kitchen or in a small space. Never mind if he ever managed to get on top of the girl. It would be curtains for them at that point. Which for many Im sure it was. And yes he was disgusting looking and his gut would be hanging out. Once i though he was bleeding because his shirt was spotted red but it was ketchup once i got closer i could tell. Pig.

Ethan Hawke looked handsome when I saw him pushing a stroller. Cool too. Like he was starring in a movie about his own life at all times. Hard to explain.

Julianne Moore looked awful every time I saw her. Pale as a tissue, no makeup, hair thinning and just gross. Dirty feet. I can barely watch her on screen as a result.

Taylor Shilling was GORGEOUS when I saw her in the meatpacking district. And tall. Great legs and striking pointy facial features.

Claire Danes was average looking. She used to jog up and down the river on the west side. Probably getting off baby weight as her thighs weren't lean at all. Too much cottage cheese.

I used to work on Bond Street so I would see Naomi Watts every day. Tiny and always in a bad mood with young boys annoying her. Weathered face. She must have been a chain smoker because it shows. Liev is handsome and masculine in person. Nice shoulders. Very manly face. Wouldn't mine a roll with him.

Recently I saw Rooney Mara....who is paler than the sheet in Ghost Story. And miniature. And looked ruff. Homeless type. Dirty sneakers, dirty black sweats, dirty jacket. Totally different from when she was dating Charlie McDowell (whose not bad looking in person despite his balding). I saw her back then in 2012 with Charlie and she was fresh faced and dressed like a preppy gal. I don't know whats happened to her but she's suddenly a heroin addicted mortician in appearance and spirit.

by Anonymousreply 223May 22, 2019 5:44 PM

R221, I ran into Pacino (literally) in New York in 1977, and he was taller than I expected, about 5'8". Of course he could have been wearing heels.

by Anonymousreply 224May 22, 2019 6:09 PM

R:201 Angelina’s jaw and chin were obviously altered , as well as her cheeks . It translates well on screen but in person is almost cartoon like . Looked like a wax figure .

by Anonymousreply 225May 22, 2019 8:12 PM

James Marsden outside the Mandarin Colombus Circle in NY . Very handsome . Teeth a bit too fake looking , and shorter and a little slighter than I would have thought , but gorgeous .

by Anonymousreply 226May 22, 2019 8:14 PM

r60 I've worked on projects with Leo and Jennifer but they were made up because we were working on a movie. No idea what they look like without make up.

Leo is a very nice guy. He was low key and polite. I have friends that worked on other movies with JLo and they have nothing but horrible things to say about her. I didn't experience any of that with her.

by Anonymousreply 227May 22, 2019 8:22 PM

This was a while ago but my friend was in the audience for the taping of Charlize Theron: Inside the Actor's Studio and she couldn't stop gushing about how gorgeous CT is in person.

This was years ago, but still. I was in the audience for the taping of Kate Winslet: ITAS and she looked fine, if a little dowdy and weirdly dressed down for a television appearance.

by Anonymousreply 228May 22, 2019 8:29 PM

How about Janeane Garofalo? Anybody ever see her?

by Anonymousreply 229May 22, 2019 9:00 PM

Uma Thurman. Saw her in Gramercy park w her kids. Say and talked w her. Stunning in person but high weird childish voice.

by Anonymousreply 230May 22, 2019 9:25 PM

Did you ever see harvey with georgina? I'd like to know if she looked scared of him or if he was bullying her. Which would dispel all feeling that she was happily complicit in his rapes. She mightve been abused and bullies herself.

by Anonymousreply 231May 22, 2019 9:52 PM

I saw Uma Thurman in Fairway Market around 1990. She looked anorexic, and was wearing layers of loose black clothing, including a long cotton skirt. Her hair was lank, and there was no makeup. Very boney looking.

But if you've been a model or an actress who's valued for your looks and have to put up with 2 hours of professionals mauling you to get you ready for work, often you want NOTHING to do with makeup or anything like that on your time off. It's better for your skin, etc. Plus, it helps to avoid attention. So I can hardly blame her.

I also remember her cart was filled to the brim with cabbages and other vegetables. I was like, "Wow, you're really serious about this..."

by Anonymousreply 232May 22, 2019 10:17 PM

How about Marisa Tomei?

by Anonymousreply 233May 22, 2019 10:18 PM

Bill Clinton in his prime truly had an aura about him.

by Anonymousreply 234May 22, 2019 10:18 PM

^ That's what I heard from a Republican friend of my mother's who saw Clinton speak in '92, he had charisma on steroids.

by Anonymousreply 235May 22, 2019 10:56 PM

I work in the Seagram Building in NYC. Where the Four Seasons restaurant used to be. Used to see a lot of high powered people going in and out. Saw Clinton walk in the north entrance (53rd street side) and he glowed. Like lit up. Said hello to a few random people outside before going in. Took a pic w a frau secretary. He was radiant. Then bush sr came in like 5 min later. Old decrepit and mean looking.

by Anonymousreply 236May 22, 2019 11:05 PM

Has anyone ever seen Farah Fawcett in her prime? She was the most stunning woman I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 237May 23, 2019 12:26 AM

better: Anne Hathaway, Kristen Stewart

by Anonymousreply 238May 23, 2019 12:37 AM

R229

I used to live in the East Village, and I assume she lived there too since I'd see her now and then walking her dogs. There was nothing remarkable about how she looked, she looked neither worse nor better than she did onscreen. This was also a few years before she got a head transplant.

by Anonymousreply 239May 23, 2019 12:43 AM

R239 Ha, what do you mean head transplant. Before the drastic weight loss?

by Anonymousreply 240May 23, 2019 12:46 AM

I go to the Toronto Film festival every year, and you can get very very close to the stars. I'm shocked how tiny many of them are. Julia Roberts looks EXACTLY how she does in the movies....many female stars have major acne issues and are caked with makeup

by Anonymousreply 241May 23, 2019 12:55 AM

My mother met Bill Clinton while he was president, r234. She was very judgmental of Lewinsky until that meeting. Clinton was so charismatic that my mother instantly flip-flopped on Lewinsky , saying the girl never stood a chance.

by Anonymousreply 242May 23, 2019 3:28 AM

Has anyone ever dared to gaze upon the iridescence of George and Amal? Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 243May 23, 2019 4:33 AM

More importantly, has anyone ever seen Chrissy Metz in person? Did you feel the tremors as she walked by?

by Anonymousreply 244May 23, 2019 2:10 PM

Not after she butchered her face with plastic surgery and drug addiction, R237

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245May 23, 2019 2:20 PM

Marilu fucking Henner absolutely glows. I've seen her a few times and chatted briefly about vegetables.

by Anonymousreply 246May 23, 2019 2:23 PM

Marilu Henner looks like she used henna

by Anonymousreply 247May 23, 2019 2:26 PM

I’ve met Bruce Willis in person. Surprisingly short and slight, but otherwise looks pretty much like he does onscreen. He was quite gracious.

by Anonymousreply 248May 23, 2019 2:28 PM

[quote]Armie Hammer and Jennifer Connelly are absolutely stunning.

I’ve heard the opposite about both of these, strangely. I have heard that AH’s face is very long and plainer in person, and that Connelly has skin like paper. But who knows.

by Anonymousreply 249May 23, 2019 2:30 PM

I can vouch for Cate Blanchett having flawless skin when I saw her up close about 10 years ago. I've seen Miranda Otto in an old cardigan and minimal makeup in the audience at a Saturday matinee and she was still absolutely gorgeous.

Just saw Glenda Jackson on stage in King Lear and was shocked at how tiny she is. Such a big personality on screen it hadn't occurred to me she could be small, yet Ruth Wilson as Cordelia towered over her.

by Anonymousreply 250May 23, 2019 3:03 PM

Susan Lucci in NY 14 years ago. I was expecting a frail, bag of bones. She was tiny, but radiated health. Hair prettier in person. Same for Caroline Kennedy. Much more delicate in person and very attractive. Meg Ryan. Could have worked as a shopgirl at Macy's. Normal. But, that was her original appeal I guess. Isabella Rossellini is a good egg according to my encounter and many other friend's encounters. Lovely, lovely woman.

by Anonymousreply 251May 23, 2019 5:01 PM

I wonder how many people posting are fibbing... I'm reminded of an old Datalounge thread when someone said he saw Julie Andrews in person, remarking, "she's tiny." She's 5'8".

by Anonymousreply 252May 23, 2019 5:19 PM

R248, how short was Bruce Willis? I always thought him to be 6'1. It's unnerving to see these celebrities in person and they're so short and slight. I was the one who saw Tyler Christopher in the grocery store. He was standing in front of me and I didn't even recognize him until the people behind me started having a meltdown like he was one of the Beatles. I swear he's about 155 lbs and 5'8.

Poor guy had a panicked look on his face and started backing away but the woman was up in his face screaming, "You changed my life!"

He was trapped, but he was nice and told them he would give them pictures and autographs outside.

by Anonymousreply 253May 23, 2019 5:43 PM

[quote]r253 how short was Bruce Willis? I always thought him to be 6'1.

Cybil Shepherd is 5'8", and he almost wasn't cast on MOONLIGHTING because they're basically the same height.

He wore lifts, and she scrunched over, barefoot, a lot to make the network happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254May 23, 2019 6:22 PM

They were usually photographed either sitting down or on different levels to further disguise this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255May 23, 2019 6:27 PM

R253 His bio claims 6’1, but I am nowhere near that tall, and he wasn’t much taller than me face to face. I’d say about 5’9 if I had to guess. Maybe 5’10 if I am being generous.

by Anonymousreply 256May 23, 2019 6:53 PM

Bruce Willis is 6'1 like he has a 14 inch penis.

by Anonymousreply 257May 23, 2019 7:07 PM

R91 only one: Keanu

by Anonymousreply 258May 23, 2019 7:10 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw Ingrid Bergman's son at a music/art festival 2 years ago. Tall but not immensely tall (maybe 6'2"). Extraordinary hair. Thick, luscious, even in a younger man would have looked great. At 68 or so he looked 10 years younger than his age, which made me doubt it could be him. Seemed aloof and possibly the reserved type. What sealed it was he spoke Swedish with an Italian accent. Someone I never expected to meet, ever. I must tell my mother, she adored him when he was younger.

by Anonymousreply 259May 23, 2019 7:29 PM

Hilary Swank was more attractive in person, when I saw her in 2008. Features not as exaggerated as on screen. Petite and well proportioned too, but not skeletal.

by Anonymousreply 260May 23, 2019 8:04 PM

Lavar Burton.

I second this one. Met him on a set and he couldn't have been nicer (and had no reason to be other than that's just how he is). I was young and new to the L.A. stuff then so it really stuck with me. He deserved a much bigger career in general.

Nice to see someone else upthread had the same impression.

by Anonymousreply 261May 23, 2019 8:11 PM

I met Jacqueline Bisset when I was little. With no makeup on, she was fantastic looking. Her energy is quiet and docile. Dignified. Maybe because she's European.

She was also gracious. I gave her a rose, which she sniffed, smiling - - though years later I read in an interview she absolutely hates them.

Oops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262May 23, 2019 8:17 PM

with George Michael"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263May 23, 2019 8:20 PM

Russell Crowe 10 years ago when he lost weight for a role and was merely burly. He had some peels looked cute and handsome.

by Anonymousreply 264May 23, 2019 8:29 PM

Better:

Ashley Judd in about 2005, head to toe in Prada at the airport, turned heads because of how beautiful she is.

Jennifer Aniston. Great skin, great hair, has more delicate bone structure that appears on screen.

Nicole Kidman. The cosmetic surgery doesn't look so freakish in person. She just looks like a rich women in her 40s who had a facelift.

Sarah Michelle Gellar. Probably about 5'1". As thin and narrow as a young teen. Beautiful hair. She wears her big nose well. Was very rude to her ditsy mother because she was late and burst out of the building apologising to their driver.

by Anonymousreply 265May 23, 2019 8:41 PM

How big is Adele in person? She looks like a water buffalo.

by Anonymousreply 266May 24, 2019 5:18 AM

F.U., r266 !

Some of us are just BIG BONED!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267May 24, 2019 5:27 AM

Theda Bara

by Anonymousreply 268May 24, 2019 5:36 AM

Get a load of Perry Mason cross-examining the witness at r211.

by Anonymousreply 269May 24, 2019 5:39 AM

I just thought of one. I ran into Charo in a hotel lobby recently. She of course has had lots of work done, but she looked great for whatever her age is. Her little ass looked good in her tight jeans.

by Anonymousreply 270May 24, 2019 12:52 PM

Ashton Kutcher is really beautiful in person. Much better looking than he photographs. Emily Blunt is a Vivien Leigh level beauty. Also Jackie Bisset hasn't had any work done but still outshines anyone else in the room. Chris Pine takes your breath away.

by Anonymousreply 271May 24, 2019 4:40 PM

I want to hear more about the huge cock of the deputy prime minister of Belgium, R207 !!!

by Anonymousreply 272May 24, 2019 4:50 PM

More about emily blunt please. Love her!

by Anonymousreply 273May 24, 2019 5:30 PM

I’m shocked at the Chris Pine love. I never thought he was especially good looking. And always assumed he was short. Now I’m curious. Must look better in person.

by Anonymousreply 274May 24, 2019 5:51 PM

Bruce Willis is 6'1' easily I've seen him in Brentwood in the last 6 months. Funny because when I went to Madam Tussauds I was shocked how tall his figure was in wax ... but in person confirmed it. In motorcycle boots, which wears often, he's probably 6'2".

Marisa Tomei I would see at 11th and 6th ave every day. She used to go to New World coffee. She's miniature in person but very cute. Like a button. On a side note, I would also see serial abuser and raper the playwright Israel Horowitz there. One of my idols before finding out he was a creep.

Jennifer Jason Leigh in washington square five years ago looked unclean, pale, baggy clothes, and positively homeless and gross. Funny because then I saw Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach (her ex) a week later and they both looked attractive and healthy and glowing in love. I can see why Baumbach left JJL for Gerwig lol.

by Anonymousreply 275May 24, 2019 5:54 PM

Matt Bomer is short and the best looking man I have ever seen...just stunning in jeans and a tee. Jim Parsons looks exactly as he does on TV; incredibly long legs and a good ass, but zero sexual energy.

by Anonymousreply 276May 24, 2019 6:09 PM

I have a friend who saw Jennifer Aniston at a resort in Hawaii and he agrees with all the testimony here: She's tiny and drop-dead gorgeous in person.

I bet Pitt wishes he'd stayed with Aniston now, as she's aging much better (and saner) than Jolie. Or if he had to have kids, he should have picked somebody like Kate Hudson. She loves having babies by the men in her life, and she'd have to be way less trouble to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 277May 24, 2019 6:10 PM

I like reading that Nicole Kidman looks more human in person. I think she is such an extraordinary actress, and especially so given that her frozen mask of a face is disturbing and yet she can still convey a range of honest emotion with her face onscreen. I want her to be a wonderful person because I admire her acting.

I also admired Paltrow’s acting and her choices of roles, but the reality of that woman has obliterated all the good performances.

by Anonymousreply 278May 24, 2019 8:50 PM

^^^^. yep! Goopy.

by Anonymousreply 279May 24, 2019 8:52 PM

Has anyone seen the horrendous Halloween mask that Mickey Rourke wears? Did you sneak a peek at his monstrous fingernails?

He was gorgeous back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 280May 24, 2019 8:53 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 281May 25, 2019 4:03 AM

Timothy Olyphant is perfect, he looks like Gary Cooper up close. Also charming and funny.

by Anonymousreply 282May 28, 2019 3:39 AM

[quote][R60] I've worked on projects with Leo and Jennifer but they were made up because we were working on a movie.

If you were a crew member you were not working on projects [italic]with[/italic] "Leo and Jennifer". FFS.

by Anonymousreply 283May 28, 2019 3:56 AM

Yes s/he was, R283. Cast and crew are both working for the movie studio, they're co-workers even if some of the cast think they're Jesus returned to Earth.

by Anonymousreply 284May 28, 2019 4:41 AM

I would say that cast and crew all work on the same project for the studio. Working with someone implies a direct creative collaboration, something like actor-director, writer-director, director-DP, etc... That's how I see it, based on my experience in the business, but it's not any kind of rule.

by Anonymousreply 285May 28, 2019 4:48 AM

[quote]I like reading that Nicole Kidman looks more human in person ... I want her to be a wonderful person because I admire her acting.

Well it's time to grow up and stop believing good-looking and talented people are also ethical and admirable people, because Nicole Kidman is your standard, highly-strung, ambitious-as-fuck Charlize-level Hollywood cunt. The little Aboriginal boy Brandon Walters from her awful Baz Luhrmann movie AUSTRALIA was used by her for promotion, by making sure the paparazzi saw him when she flew him over for Easter holidays when the movie came out, and she ghosted him soon after. (So did Hugh Jackman) Meanwhile he was raised by his family in poverty in WA and hasn't acted since. She owes him and his family nothing but she could have chosen to be what she pretended to be. By contrast, Baz was lovely and Jack Thompson did a lot of mentorship work in the communities.

It's just like she sold off her two eldest to Scientology in order to get her payout from Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 286May 28, 2019 11:18 AM

R286 I didn’t say I want her to be beautiful because beautiful equals good. I said I want her to look HUMAN because her face looks disfigured on screen, and I admire that she is capable of projecting feeling through her unmovable silicone mask. I do want her to be less of a freak in real life, more of a human being. If I am going to admire her talent, then yes, I would prefer that she be a decent person because I don’t like the idea of liking indecent people, and I can’t deny to myself that she is a very talented performer.

by Anonymousreply 287May 28, 2019 11:43 AM

R286 Kidman and Luhrmann set up a trust fund for Walters. You really are a piece of shit to blame it on Kidman instead of his parents. I'm surprised you haven't blamed those who had him replaced on Bushwhacked.

by Anonymousreply 288May 28, 2019 2:14 PM

I saw a picture of chris pine in shorts and his body looked like he was a Greek god, sculpted by gods so I can't totally believe hes breathtaking in real life. Is he tall?

by Anonymousreply 289May 28, 2019 9:27 PM

One has to give Chris Pine credit. He's never really had the stereotypical superhero body like all the other guys in Hollywood. He's always been in shape, but he doesn't seem terribly interested in that steroid look.

by Anonymousreply 290May 28, 2019 11:29 PM

Saw. Angelina Jolie in Montreal years ago. She is way too thin. Anorexic.

by Anonymousreply 291May 28, 2019 11:52 PM

Has anyone seen that horror show Lens Dunham?

by Anonymousreply 292May 30, 2019 4:50 AM

I never thought Paris Hilton was pretty until I saw her in person at a grocery store. I almost didn’t think it was actually her since she was dressed super low key — graphic T, baggy jeans and flip flops. She caught my attention because I genuinely thought she was a cute blonde who could model. I was standing in front of her in line and had asked her if she wanted to cut ahead of me since her and a friend were just buying a bottle of liquor and she said, “ No thanks, you don’t have too many items yourself.” But in a voice that was deeper and less annoying.

by Anonymousreply 293May 30, 2019 10:58 AM

Richard simmons, she GLOWED!

by Anonymousreply 294May 30, 2019 11:01 AM

I haven’t seen Chris Pine in person, but in at least one of the Star Trek movies his acne scars are essily seen and they look severe. And even so, he looks gorgeous to me, both face and body, and I honestly love him for that because I have severe acne scars and my self-esteem has always been severely compromised because of it. Being able to genuinely lust after someone with severe scarring makes me feel better about myself, honestly, so that I can actually accept that some people have been attracted to me. If I had his face, I would be devastated to see pictures like this one and would think anyone who looks at me only sees the flaws. I know because that’s how I see photos of myself in unflattering lighting. But when I look at this photo of Pine, the scarring does not minimize my attraction at all. Hallelujah!

I realize Brad Pitt has noticeable acne scars, too, but his are rarely very noticeable onscreen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295May 30, 2019 11:07 AM

Mila kunis is a crater face with huge pores

by Anonymousreply 296May 30, 2019 11:14 AM

R295

Brad's acne scars have been greatly improved by the use of lasers. It's like night & day. Maybe Pine has used them too.

by Anonymousreply 297May 30, 2019 11:27 AM

R296, no way! You can't be serious.

by Anonymousreply 298May 30, 2019 1:33 PM

r288 Luhrmann did, Kidman didn't.

by Anonymousreply 299May 30, 2019 2:10 PM

Saw Casey Affleck yesterday at Bru coffee in Los Feliz. He was sitting outside with a woman. He looked putrid. Homeless man's outfit. Unkept. Not good-looking at all.

How is that guy a movie star?

by Anonymousreply 300May 30, 2019 5:25 PM

Jason Bateman was hotter in person . Whole Foods Tribeca .

by Anonymousreply 301May 30, 2019 9:53 PM

Janeane Garofalo.

by Anonymousreply 302May 30, 2019 9:54 PM

[quote]r151 First, they work with dietitians around the clock for months on end, and then with a trainer every single day. They get all medical screenings so they are as healthy as can be. Then every flaw is erased surgically. Followed by a team of up to five to ten stylists, hair and makeup people to fuss over them for hours before their big reveal. voila! Instant glow.

That might be how they maintain their looks, but most female stars are naturally beautiful to begin with. That's how they became stars in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 303May 30, 2019 10:11 PM

Emily Blunt's looks have changed so much over the years, and not just due to makeup. People talking about her appearance in real life need to specify if their encounter was before 2011 or not. https://www.instyle.com/celebrity/transformations/emily-blunts-changing-looks?

by Anonymousreply 304May 30, 2019 10:40 PM

Sorry, bad link: https://www.instyle.com/celebrity/transformations/emily-blunts-changing-looks?

by Anonymousreply 305May 30, 2019 10:42 PM

I think links only work in the "Web Site Link" field above the post button

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306May 30, 2019 11:12 PM

The link is in the wrong place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307May 30, 2019 11:16 PM

Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin at the Century City mall twenty years ago. They’re short - no way is he 5’11” - and very skinny with big heads. They both had great hair and clothes. At the same mall but a different date - Rhea Perlman and Danny DeVito. They’re sure short, like little people short, and weren’t celeb-skinny. Also about fifteen-twenty years ago, David Hasselhoff at the CPK in Westwood. He’s very tall, extremely skinny with a big head. He was having dinner with his daughter. Peter Jennings held the door open for me at the Bellagio in Vegas, about 10-13 years ago. He’s short, like 5’6”, also very skinny with a large head and nice hair. Not sure if being so skinny makes your head look larger or a lot of celebs happen to have lollipop heads. When I spot a celeb, it’s usually their skin and expensive-looking hair that catches my eye first. I assume they get peels to get that smooth, glowing skin.

by Anonymousreply 308May 30, 2019 11:25 PM

Better: Steve Carrell

And charming!

by Anonymousreply 309May 30, 2019 11:27 PM

R308 I though Lisa wears wigs.

by Anonymousreply 310May 30, 2019 11:29 PM

I don’t find Emily Blunt attractive at all.

by Anonymousreply 311May 30, 2019 11:32 PM

Everyone: Does Lisa Rinna think she looks...good?

by Anonymousreply 312May 30, 2019 11:33 PM

Back in the 1970s, a million years ago, you could still see plenty of Hollywood Golden Age stars out and about.

Talk about glow, Katherine Hepburn looked like she had a light emanating from within.

Gloria Swanson was like some rare bird. Ethereal. Probably the most fascinating looking woman I've ever seen. Beautifully dressed.

Arlene Dahl. Beautiful. Impeccably dressed and coiffed.

Elizabeth Taylor. Stunning. Very short.

Garbo. Still looked like Garbo. In a man's overcoat, no makeup but still very elegant.

Sean Connery. Tall, powerful looking.

Myna Loy. Beautiful warm gaze.

Rock Hudson. Tall handsome. Great smile. Looked like Rock Hudson was supposed to look.

And others.

One characteristic they all had was perfect posture.

by Anonymousreply 313May 30, 2019 11:45 PM

*Except for Claudette Colbert who was kind of hunchbacked

by Anonymousreply 314May 30, 2019 11:49 PM

Years ago I saw Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell at a "by invitation only" exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. They were both wearing some kind of leotard that clung to their bodies. Kurt Russell had the most amazing ass. Almost like a museum sculpture.

by Anonymousreply 315May 31, 2019 1:34 AM

Why was Kurt Russell wearing a leotard?

by Anonymousreply 316May 31, 2019 1:40 AM

I have no idea. They looked very "Hollywood" so nobody asked questions. Anyway, everyone was busy looking at Kurt Russell's well-outlined, well muscled ass.

by Anonymousreply 317May 31, 2019 1:51 AM

Peter Jennings died in 2005 R308. He was also very sick from lung cancer so doubtful you saw him towards the end of his life.

by Anonymousreply 318May 31, 2019 1:55 AM

R312, Lisa Rinna has acknowledged that she had a procedure on her lips, and it didn’t turn out as she had hoped. She affected a “but what’re ya gonna do?” attitude about it (since it’s not reversible without major damage) and I kind of admired her candidness and acceptance.

by Anonymousreply 319May 31, 2019 2:14 AM

^^ candor!

by Anonymousreply 320May 31, 2019 2:16 AM

Met Bono when he toured our country back in the day, gorgeous skin very pale and back then had a thick mop of lovely dark hair. Cousin worked with Travis Fimmel - eyes are even more startling in real-life but his skin is shot to shit. Sun-damaged to the extreme. Have seen Rachel Hunter in person she glows and her hair was divine. Have now idea why she straightened and bleached it. Her curls were amazing.

by Anonymousreply 321May 31, 2019 2:17 AM

R240

In the early/mid 2000s Garofalo had a ton of plastic surgery done. I don't think it was just to hold off aging. I think there might have been a nose job involved as well. When I'd see her around the East Village, it was before then.

R261

Star Trek has to be the single worst choice an actor can make if they have hopes of doing something better in the future. Really only Shatner and Stewart have had decent TV/movie careers post-Trek, and Stewart had a good career before while Shatner was doing really badly before Trek's resurgence. Most of the rest make do with crappy and/or sparse TV appearances.

It must be a hard choice though. On the one hand, you're set for life. On the other hand, you're unlikely to advance in your career after.

by Anonymousreply 322May 31, 2019 2:43 AM

Cumberbatch did Star Trek and was subsequently nominated for an Oscar (for that Alan Turing movie).

by Anonymousreply 323May 31, 2019 4:25 AM

Thank you, R307. Funny how Emily Blunt developed a cleft in her chin around age 30.

But really, most of the changes in her appearance are due to aging, better makeup, and less smiling. Really! She's smiling in all her early photos and looks ordinary, after she hit it big there's no more big grins in the red carpet photos. Either someone told her she looks more like a Serious Actress if she doesn't smile, or someone told her that she photographs better if she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 324May 31, 2019 4:40 AM

[quote]r323 Cumberbatch did Star Trek and was subsequently nominated for an Oscar (for that Alan Turing movie).

And Jeri Ryan went from that show to the classier BOSTON PUBLIC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325May 31, 2019 4:41 AM

I saw Tonya Harding at the Portland airport. She was wearing an upscale track suit, carrying a phone and a pack of Marlboro Lights and was trying to get an upgrade on the plane. Very hard looking white trashy lady. Everything you would expect.

by Anonymousreply 326May 31, 2019 4:53 AM

R322 Do you think Janeane had a full facelift? I know she lost a lot of weight and dyed her hair blonde.

by Anonymousreply 327May 31, 2019 4:58 AM

I’ve lived in LA for 15 yrs and have had a few celeb run ins, and the 2 that stick out were Sienna Miller and Kate Beckinsale. I thought both were above average in looks from their films, but in person they were shockingly beautiful. Like stop you in your tracks.

by Anonymousreply 328May 31, 2019 4:59 AM

I saw Jeneane G in person about 15 years ago,and she looked terribl. Super skinny with a huge head like an anorexic. It was shocking because I'd seen her chubby in films and she looked so much better with some weight.

by Anonymousreply 329May 31, 2019 5:03 AM

R329 Yeah, I like her with more weight.

by Anonymousreply 330May 31, 2019 5:11 AM

Can't vouch for this personally, but I've heard that Rumer Willis is actually, believe it or not, cute in person. In photos the first thing you notice is her chin, but in person it's her eyes (she has her mother's eyes) and flawless complexion. She also apparently has a pretty bangin' bod.

But the camera truly does DESPISE her, the poor girl.

by Anonymousreply 331May 31, 2019 5:27 AM

Have read that Rachel Hunter glows, too. As for why she straightens her hair, her hair could have lost curl and/or fullness with age and it no longer looks good left in its natural state. Like Kerri Russell’s hair is very different from the mass of curls she had as a young teen or 20-something.

by Anonymousreply 332May 31, 2019 5:36 AM

Emily blunt seems bitchy plus she's friends with Blake lively and she's insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 333May 31, 2019 1:00 PM

Emily Blunt has had a full face overhaul. Don’t kid yourself . It wasn’t just the chin . But hey, she looks great ! I like her and John K. Cute couple .

by Anonymousreply 334May 31, 2019 2:24 PM

I'm always shocked when I see celebrities in person and see the bad plastic surgery they've had. I was attending a Broadway benefit a few years ago and Carol Burnett was sitting behind me I turned around to scan the theater. Her face looked hard and stiff, like the Bride of Frankenstein.

by Anonymousreply 335May 31, 2019 2:37 PM

What do you think emily blunt has had done? I can see differences but cant figure out which procedures.

by Anonymousreply 336May 31, 2019 2:51 PM

Debbie Harry. Huge head, like a doll. And her angular bone structure is extraordinary close up, translucent skin. Almost alien like. She is also incredibly friendly to her fans and asks them questions.

by Anonymousreply 337May 31, 2019 3:48 PM

Lauren Bacall and Martha Stewart are both tall, strong and intimidating. I think Martha would take her in a fight since she has the broader shoulders. Same goes for Brooke Shields. I don't know why men find them attractive, because they are not at all feminine in person.

Rosie O'Donnell, back when she had her talk show, looked stout, but not necessarily fat. More like a female powerlifter.

Barbra Streisand is very small, delicate and feminine. I do see why so many hot men fell for her.

by Anonymousreply 338May 31, 2019 4:03 PM

Interestingly Brooke Shields does have vaguely masculine features now. I guess strong bone structure - and height were assets at 16-17 but less so at 50. Still a striking woman - but not an eternal beauty. Aristocratic looking. And kind in person, if reserved.

by Anonymousreply 339May 31, 2019 4:34 PM

Brooke Shields looks like a professional football player in person. She's as big as Tom Brady.

by Anonymousreply 340May 31, 2019 4:41 PM

Jennifer Garner, standing around a hotel lobby waiting for her ride, no make up, flawless skin, very pretty. Harvey Weinstein, a gross pig just like he appears in photos, only the sweat was added. Jake Gyllenhaal, absolute knock out. Seriously. He is out of this world hot.

by Anonymousreply 341May 31, 2019 4:42 PM

I’m pretty sure Martha Stewart could take Lauren Bacall in a fight.

by Anonymousreply 342May 31, 2019 4:48 PM

I met Rob Lowe back in 1988 when he was campaigning for the Democrats and he was absolutely flawless. Seriously. I couldn't stop staring. And he was so nice! Very down to earth and unpretentious.

by Anonymousreply 343May 31, 2019 4:59 PM

Gurl, Martha's done time...if you do time, you can do anything....

by Anonymousreply 344May 31, 2019 5:00 PM

The monagasque royals?

by Anonymousreply 345May 31, 2019 5:41 PM

David Muir; not in a suit but in workout wear. Smaller in stature than he appears to be on screen (those several thousand dollar suits are obviously cut to fit him well), hair was natural and wasn't all done up but this made him appear more 'real' and dare I say, quite attractive.

Also didn't have that put-on news anchor voice either.

by Anonymousreply 346May 31, 2019 7:27 PM

Alan Bates looked better than any other humain being I have ever seen IRL. He was breathtakingly handsome. Raven curly hair, Marvellous skin, The only complexion I have ever seen that really looked like a peach. Perfect face. Huge neck and a HOT body. The eyes were otherwordly. Deep Green with GOLD and turquoise hues. And a Black circle to round them, like (again) I have never seen otherwise. He was absolutely fucking gorgeous, and a darling. He really was glorious. No movie really showed his beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347May 31, 2019 9:50 PM

R91, Bill Clinton.

Second place: Adam Lambert.

Both have charisma up the wazoo!

by Anonymousreply 348May 31, 2019 10:06 PM

Justine Bateman, Clint Eastwood,

by Anonymousreply 349June 1, 2019 2:03 AM

When I met Bill Clinton back in 1992 during his first PResidential campaign, I was shocked at how tall he was. He was attractive, but I wouldn't call him breathtaking. He was just an average, nice looking guy.

by Anonymousreply 350June 1, 2019 2:31 AM

Justine Bateman is grotesque in person. Rail thin. Collapsed cheekbones. Looks older than her age. And she's also a raging cunt.

by Anonymousreply 351June 1, 2019 2:37 AM

None of them look good in person.

by Anonymousreply 352June 1, 2019 2:38 AM

I've been on three flights with Keanu and he is very handsome and looks very "Euro/white" in person while he always looks so very Hafu in the John Wick films.

He doesn't look "ageless" but he looks hot/athletic/tall and very fuckable. And he smelled really good.

I hate the long hair though.

by Anonymousreply 353June 1, 2019 2:54 AM

I saw Lisa Rinna at a restaurant a few weeks ago. Instead of that medium-short weird early-mid 90s spiky haircut she's had for the past 30 years, she had a super long wig in her natural hair color.

She was a total knockout. I kept glancing over at her, not being able to place her, until my friend said "that's Lisa Rinna."

The long hair made her look like a super model. It even made the lips make sense. Her body was amazing. She was wearing some barely there dress but it looked couture-ish instead of desperate or floozie-ish.

It's weird how much a difference hair can make.

by Anonymousreply 354June 1, 2019 3:06 AM

R354 Where is she going with that wig?

by Anonymousreply 355June 1, 2019 3:08 AM

Saw Madonna once over 10 years ago. She’s tiny but looked absolutely beautiful with full on makeup. That made me sometimes wonder why she even bothered photoshopping her pics on IG. Insecure much?

by Anonymousreply 356June 1, 2019 3:10 AM

A better question is "Have you ever seen a celebrity without their wig?"

by Anonymousreply 357June 1, 2019 3:12 AM

Met James Marsden outside a theater in New York in 2011. We were both seeing the same Broadway show and we spoke in line. When we got inside his seat was ironically one seat away from mine! We had light conversation at intermission and after the show as well. He's beautiful in person and very chatty and nice. The most stunning thing were his eyes. The whites were absolutely bright white, and the blue just glowed. I could barely keep my composure just looking at that face. About 5' 10" with a great looking bod. Intelligent and funny. A real gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 358June 1, 2019 3:16 AM

Steve Bing, Liz Hurley's ridiculous baby daddy who denied parentage of the baby who looked exactly like him. Taller than I expected, but face same as pics.

by Anonymousreply 359June 1, 2019 4:24 AM

Arianna Huffington! Cocktail reception two years ago. Omg! She looked so pretty and at least a full generation younger than any pic I'd ever seen of her. The camera HATES that gal, my god.

by Anonymousreply 360June 1, 2019 4:27 AM

Uma thurman?

by Anonymousreply 361June 1, 2019 3:25 PM

R347 um how have I not heard of this guy before. Just googled his pictures. Quite possibly the most handsome man. And his his face isn't perfect model.

by Anonymousreply 362June 1, 2019 3:51 PM

Two at their heights: Kim Basinger and Jaclyn Smith. Both were beyond stunning.

by Anonymousreply 363June 1, 2019 4:04 PM

Met Tina Turner at a private event in 2013. It was right after her wedding. Petite lady, but the heels, hair, and radiant smile made up for it. Was surprised how philosophical she was.

by Anonymousreply 364June 1, 2019 4:51 PM

Lake Bell. Also gorgeous body.

by Anonymousreply 365June 1, 2019 4:58 PM

Even in her early 60s, Elizabeth Taylor looked far more exquisite in person than on camera. Fellow beauty Anita Ekberg also said on interview how Taylor was also far more beautiful without makeup, since she already had naturally-beautiful eyes and brows.

by Anonymousreply 366June 1, 2019 7:28 PM

Has anyone seen JLo and her fantastical ass?

by Anonymousreply 367June 1, 2019 7:59 PM

Saw JLO and A-Rod last night at Ariana Grande's concert in Miami. I was 4 feet away from both of them. They look AMAZING! They both have lots of star energy emanating from them. He's built like a brick house and his skin is flawless.

by Anonymousreply 368June 2, 2019 12:29 AM

My friend saw Winona and she said she absolutely glowed with perfect skin, and easily looks a decade younger.

by Anonymousreply 369June 2, 2019 12:32 AM

Dermatology has come such a long way. It's amazing what they can do now. If you have the money, you can have flawless, glowing skin. All celebs get the best stuff done to their faces.

by Anonymousreply 370June 2, 2019 12:34 AM

It is interesting to see how many people note amazing skin on these celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 371June 2, 2019 12:56 AM

Kathy Hilton, Jenna Jameson, Kellan Lutz. All looked healthy and glowing.

by Anonymousreply 372June 2, 2019 2:22 AM

R365 Lake Bell directed an episode of 'Children's Hospital' I worked on once. She was the whole natural no-makeup deal but still attractive. Even more so, she was very pleasant to work with.

by Anonymousreply 373June 2, 2019 2:44 AM

[quote]Dermatology has come such a long way. It's amazing what they can do now. If you have the money, you can have flawless, glowing skin. All celebs get the best stuff done to their faces.

True, but they also have excellent diets and have access to the best food. They can afford to eat good salmon twice a week, and the best produce. So much of the skin's appearance is determined by what you put in your body.

by Anonymousreply 374June 2, 2019 2:48 AM

Ali MacGraw. 80 years old and just now starting to look a day or two older than a very, very well-preserved 55. The years were kind to her for a long time.

Queen Latifah. Was not wearing Covergirl or if she was, it works. She looked [italic]au naturel[/italic] eating Chinese takeout waiting for a plane. Radiant in a romper suit.

Cindy Crawford. The ultimate hot Mom. Sitting at the next table for Easter dinner with her kids at the Crillon in Paris. Wonderful smile.

by Anonymousreply 375June 2, 2019 4:11 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376June 2, 2019 4:25 AM

John Cena 12 years ago. Flawless skin. Tons of charisma and sex appeal. Strangely tiny hands, though.

by Anonymousreply 377June 2, 2019 12:59 PM

R362 What ??? Who here hasn't heard of Sir Alan Bates CBE ? Legendary actor, legendary lover, FYI 1st full-frontal male A-lister ever, 1st male star to cover Vogue ever -by Scavullo please. Now you need to see 'women in love' and not only the infamous nude fight with Oliver Reed, ' the go-between' and 'king of hearts'. AT LEAST

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378June 2, 2019 1:07 PM

[quote] She looked au naturel eating Chinese takeout waiting for a plane.

OMG-- she was naked? In the airport?

by Anonymousreply 379June 2, 2019 2:25 PM

R368 But is JLo's ass as big as they say it is?

by Anonymousreply 380June 2, 2019 2:38 PM

R379 Sans makeup, hence the Covergirl reference. "Radiant in a romper suit" does not imply nudity now, does it?

by Anonymousreply 381June 2, 2019 2:40 PM

Crispin Glover is sexy as hell in person, or was when I worked with him in the oughts.

by Anonymousreply 382June 2, 2019 2:41 PM

^^^"Reading comprehension is not a DL strength sometimes"

by Anonymousreply 383June 2, 2019 2:41 PM

What do you mean, R383? Thread topic was not ignored @R382.

by Anonymousreply 384June 2, 2019 2:42 PM

[quote][R368] But is JLo's ass as big as they say it is?

Yes, but it's firm and well-shaped, like someone who works out a lot. I was paying more attention to A-Rod, who is sex on a stick.

by Anonymousreply 385June 2, 2019 4:30 PM

DailyMail posted pics today of Angelina out shopping with her daughter Vivienne. It's the first time in years she doesn't look shockingly thin. She looks to be a healthy weight.

I'd bring it over but bringing over DailyMail is such a problem on DL.

by Anonymousreply 386June 2, 2019 10:28 PM

A question: Is all the money that actors and entertainers spend at the dermatologist's tax deductible? It really is a professional development expense, but not one that that should be subsidized by the public.

by Anonymousreply 387June 2, 2019 10:41 PM

[quote]r375 Radiant in a romper suit.

I want this as a vanity license plate, somehow.

Won't fit [bold]: (

by Anonymousreply 388June 3, 2019 12:14 AM

Saw Hailey Baldin-Bieber on Melrose a few hours ago. Man she's hot. Leather jacket on her shoulders. Great body.

by Anonymousreply 389June 4, 2019 3:28 AM

ARod gets so much bashing. But I always thought he was gorgeous - mainly because of that skin. It’s why I love Hispanic men - the skin is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 390June 4, 2019 3:32 AM

I'm still waiting to hear from the people who've seen Chrissy Metz. Is she 300 lbs. or 500 ?

by Anonymousreply 391June 4, 2019 3:36 AM

R91 Lived in DC during 90s. Can confirm Clinton’s charisma - shockingly intense.

by Anonymousreply 392June 4, 2019 8:18 AM

I’d like to hear more about Crispin Glover.

by Anonymousreply 393June 4, 2019 2:02 PM

More about John cena please. Always thought he has charisma. In pictures when he's a with so many people, he's the one that stand out.

by Anonymousreply 394June 4, 2019 3:57 PM

Edgar Ramirez photographs like he's fat but he's just stocky and has a beautiful face.

by Anonymousreply 395June 5, 2019 8:27 PM

Omg, some of you must be these people's PR folks. All have glowing, flawless skin! Ali has looked her age for a while.

Blunt' s eyes have gotten larger and more defined while her nose has gotten smaller and more defined. Some very good plastic surgery tweaking on her that made her more photogenic. Chin implant with cleft. The little things add up.

by Anonymousreply 396June 5, 2019 9:18 PM

Janeane Garofalo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397June 7, 2019 1:07 AM

More Janeane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398June 7, 2019 1:08 AM

River Phoenix was incandescent in person. Photos and film did not do him justice. But this was in 1990-91 before he got caught up with drug abuse.

by Anonymousreply 399June 7, 2019 1:35 AM

R399 wow really?! Cause he looked absolutely beautiful in films and photos -- and yet even that beauty didn't do him justice?

by Anonymousreply 400June 7, 2019 4:08 AM

I saw Wilmer Valderanga from 70s show at Joans in Studio City two days ago. Meoooooow! Hot. White t bulging biceps, tighter grey jeans and plump erm backside. No way that dude hasn't been drilled by Hollywood men over the last 20 years or so.

by Anonymousreply 401June 7, 2019 4:38 PM

Daniel Craig looks amazing in person. I saw him when he was on Broadway after the show coming out of the stage door without makeup he has amazing skin tone and he had a sexy vibe that said sex with him would be amazing.

by Anonymousreply 402June 7, 2019 7:11 PM

I would like Daniel inside me quite deeply

by Anonymousreply 403June 9, 2019 8:59 PM

Please keep going! I can only chime in about NBA players I have met in real life and I’m certain DL doesn’t care.

by Anonymousreply 404June 10, 2019 1:37 PM

R404: I care, so chime away!

by Anonymousreply 405June 10, 2019 5:18 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 406June 13, 2019 10:20 PM

Great thread, plus a Garafolo troll too!

by Anonymousreply 407June 14, 2019 5:06 PM

Cynthia Nixon looks much better in person. Delicate and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 408June 14, 2019 5:07 PM

Dana Delany hs the fountain of youth.

by Anonymousreply 409June 16, 2019 10:52 PM

All of this was late 90s:

Cher looked exactly like herself, but TINY. And not nearly as tall as she looks on tv.

Jack Nicholson and Kelsey Grammer looked like themselves but both their heads seemed huge.

by Anonymousreply 410June 16, 2019 11:33 PM

R409 have you seen The Code? Dana looks her age.. Her face is very puffy.

by Anonymousreply 411June 17, 2019 4:14 AM

Robert and Kris were divorced at the time of the murders. She was married to Bruce at the time of the murders.

by Anonymousreply 412June 17, 2019 4:27 AM

Oops. Sorry wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 413June 17, 2019 4:28 AM

Met Ray Charles when he was... (checks) 66. He looked freakin' great.

As noted regarding top stars, top athletes have full-time chefs, stay hydrated, get gobs of exercise. Boxers Floyd Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya and some others looked damn good. Oh! I met swimmer Natalie Coughlin when she was in her mid-20s. She looked stupendous. Magic eyes.

All things considered, Larry Hagman looked very good in his late-60s.

Not celebrities in the traditional sense, but I lived in Dubai, enjoyed going to small, low-key art shows and openings. It was known in those circles that a few women who were members of the royal family also went, mingled and enjoyed them like everyone else. Eventually, someone clued me in, verrrrrrrrrrry discreetly pointed them out. Thanks to the best cosmetic surgeons in the world or otherwise, those women were ridiculously attractive.

By the way, I came to observe they went to and from in relatively discreet, big Japanese SUVs, not even an Infiniti or Lexus, with blacked out windows. You see dozens of those vehicles there every single day. Smart of their security to do it that way; people have no idea if there's a princess inside or some dime-a-dozen manager.

by Anonymousreply 414June 17, 2019 5:03 AM

R411 Dana's face always looked that way.

by Anonymousreply 415June 17, 2019 5:37 AM

No R415. Do a google search and you will notice the difference. Her face was full in the past, but not puffy like it is now. My first thought was medication since you can still see the slight marionette lines and lines above the lip.

by Anonymousreply 416June 17, 2019 5:02 PM

I saw Natalie Portman last month and she was really pretty. And I've never found her captivating, but in person, she's got a certain glow around her.

by Anonymousreply 417June 18, 2019 5:46 PM

Marc Consuelous has a wonderful smile.

by Anonymousreply 418June 18, 2019 6:23 PM

Maria Shriver has been stunning both times I saw her out and about in Santa Barbara this spring.

by Anonymousreply 419June 18, 2019 10:35 PM

Alan Alda. Very tall, pasty and sickly looking. He was also a complete asshole.

Tom Cruise. Short but very handsome with a commanding presence. Also probably the nicest celebrity I've ever met.

Linda Gray. Met her at a party at the Southfork Ranch, I think celebrating the 100th episode of Dallas. She was wearing a brown suede dress and she looked absolutely stunning. Very sweet and demure and was more interested in me than herself. Hagman was there as well and looked just like JR., but he didn't mingle with the little people.

Sean Penn. He looked rough and this was 20 years ago.

Elizabeth Taylor. Saw her at Nordstrom's when she was promoting her newest perfume. I couldn't take my eyes off her she was that beautiful.

Robert Mitchum. Saw him at a restaurant in Santa Monica not long before he passed and he not surpisingly looked terrible. I'll never forget the waiter coming up and asking, "How are we doing today Mr. Mitchum?" His reply, "Worse."

by Anonymousreply 420June 19, 2019 12:10 AM

R420 That's classic Mitchum.

by Anonymousreply 421June 19, 2019 12:15 AM

I know R421 that's what made it so great. I told that story at work about a year ago and all I got were blank stares because they were all too young to know who he was. I said, "Ok do you know who Taylor Swift is because she's a fucking dyke."

by Anonymousreply 422June 19, 2019 12:59 AM

When I first read this thread, I thought it said "Which celebrities look better in prison?"

by Anonymousreply 423June 19, 2019 1:01 AM

I saw Justin Timberlake in concert. He’s fucking sexy in person.

by Anonymousreply 424June 19, 2019 1:05 AM

Has anyone seen the hearthrobs in person, pitt, dicaprio, Clooney?

On the the other hand has anyone seen the ugliest aka Harvey weinstein?

by Anonymousreply 425June 19, 2019 1:12 AM

R422 And I'm 31 and I know who Mitchum was.

by Anonymousreply 426June 19, 2019 1:13 AM

Thanks R426 that makes me feel less ancient. Drinks on me.

by Anonymousreply 427June 19, 2019 2:11 AM

R427 Oh yes. Ever meet/see janeane Garofalo?

by Anonymousreply 428June 19, 2019 2:25 AM

Sandra Bernhard looks great. I've seen her a few times and thought Oh, lovely.

by Anonymousreply 429June 19, 2019 7:11 PM

Ryan Murphy and Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 430June 20, 2019 1:03 AM

R26 Thanks for the laugh. I thought the camera added 10 pounds -- I didn't know that it beat the shit out of your face too. Sorry, there's no way she looks any better in person.

by Anonymousreply 431June 20, 2019 1:16 AM

Andy Cohen looks better on TV. In person he is short and pompous yet desperate.

by Anonymousreply 432June 20, 2019 1:51 AM

Had anyone seen heath ledger?

by Anonymousreply 433June 21, 2019 11:32 PM

^^ sorry to inform you....

by Anonymousreply 434June 21, 2019 11:38 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 435October 25, 2020 7:49 PM

When I was a young thing in Hollywood I went to a party and saw a luminous thing sitting on a kitchen table surrounded by young admirers. She was stunning in every possible way, flawless skin, perfect smile, you know the rest. I said to my companion, that girl should be in pictures. He said, she is, that's the Princess Bride.

by Anonymousreply 436October 25, 2020 7:57 PM

Agree about Jane Fonda and Hillary Clinton -- Jane is stunning and carries her age extremely well. Hillary, when made up and coifed, simply glows.

by Anonymousreply 437October 25, 2020 8:05 PM

About celebs who look MUCH smaller in person - Monserrat Caballe. You would never, ever guess how TINY she was. Although undoubtedly full-figured, she was nowhere near as fat as she looks onscreen. Really, really short too. She was singing with her daughter who was towering over her.

by Anonymousreply 438October 25, 2020 8:33 PM

Hillary doesn't glow. She's famous and attracts focal attention but she does not glow. That's one of the reasons we lost the 2016 election.

by Anonymousreply 439October 25, 2020 9:51 PM

I've seen her in person and rather close up. She was glowing.

by Anonymousreply 440October 25, 2020 10:23 PM

[quote]Timothee Chalamet is has an ethereal beauty,

Ethereal, yeah...that's what people are always saying about me...

Ethereal, especially in the glow of a cigarette lighter, when they see me lighting a ciggy

And comparing that Chalamet kid to me too, whoever she is

by Anonymousreply 441October 25, 2020 11:22 PM

I had to squeeze by Jamie Lee Curtis because she was in a doorway deep in converse with her trainer. She looked tall and great and acted like a normal person.

Also, Madeleine Stowe thought she'd cut in the popcorn line ahead of me and apologized. She was gorgeous and, like Jamie, acted completely normal. It was at All About My Mother and she laughed so hard you could tell it was her out of all the other laughing.

by Anonymousreply 442October 26, 2020 12:01 AM

You wouldn’t think Austin, Texas, would be a big stomping ground for celebs but I’ve seen a good many here.

Renee Zellweger is much more beautiful in person and incredibly sweet. She’s also tiny.

Matthew McConaughey, like all of us, is looking a lot older but he’s still very handsome. But back in the day when I would see him he looked god-like!

Sandra Bullock I’ve seen a number of times. Sometimes she looks great and then others she looks as though she’s gone overboard with plastic surgery.

Connie Britton is another who looks so much better in person. I’ve never seen a woman with THAT much hair before.

Janson Ackles is one who looks better on television than in person, lol. He looks a lot older in person. I see him and his wife, the redhead whose name I can’t think of, a lot. The last time I saw him was in Tesla at the Domain. He has bad skin and a lot of wrinkles.

Lance Armstrong is another one I see a lot. He’s shorter than you’d think. I saw him being really, really rude to an employee in the Apple Store a few years ago. He was evidently having some kind is issue with his laptop.

by Anonymousreply 443October 27, 2020 3:34 PM

I once met Jennifer Aniston, and I was struck by how beautiful her skin was. Literally "glowing." Must be all those Aveeno products she uses.

by Anonymousreply 444October 27, 2020 3:38 PM

I find Angelina bizarre looking with or without make up. Like a stick insect.

by Anonymousreply 445October 27, 2020 3:50 PM

Not me but I know someone who worked on the movie Tin Cup and he said Renee Russo was stunning in person. Drop dead gorgeous and nice.

by Anonymousreply 446October 27, 2020 3:55 PM

[quote]I find Angelina bizarre looking with or without make up. Like a stick insect.

I saw Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt right after he dumped Aniston. I was in LA for a convention and staying at the Four Seasons. I'm gay and Brad Pitt was five feet from me but I couldn't keep my eyes off Jolie. At that time she was beyond beautiful, just absolutely other-wordly. After she and Brad walked out I heard someone say, "Cleopatra couldn't have been more beautiful than that."

by Anonymousreply 447October 27, 2020 4:22 PM

I met Selma Blair a few years ago (before she was sick) and while I always found her "cute" onscreen, she was absolutely stunning in person. Just glowing. And she was super sweet, too.

by Anonymousreply 448October 27, 2020 4:36 PM

I thought Selma was beautiful in Mom and Dad. I've also heard Aniston glows and is far lovelier in person. You can tell her eyes are beautiful even on tv and she does have a great pair of legs.

R447, off topic but Cleo was no beauty. People who compare modern beauty to Cleo are not too bright.

by Anonymousreply 449October 27, 2020 4:56 PM

I saw Queen Elizabeth twice in the 1980s, and Princess Anne, once. Both women looked far better in person than in photos.

by Anonymousreply 450October 27, 2020 5:06 PM

Mary Kay Place looks better in person. She mostly looks sort of dumpy and plain onscreen, but I saw her a few years ago at LAX and she looked fantastic.

Not that he looks bad onscreen, but I'd never thought much about The Rock's looks until a few years ago. I was waiting outside a restaurant for some friends, and I started realizing people were staring in my direction. Turns out I was standing next to The Rock. He was waiting on the valet to bring his car. He is NOT one of those people who look smaller in person--he's huge--but I was most struck by his skin. It was flawless and he was extremely gracious to everyone who was coming up to him. (I did not approach)

I met Kathy Bates a few years ago for an event. She was under the weather, and we didn't even know she would make it until the last minute. She was ill, but when it was showtime, she turned it ON. She had been looking terrible moments before, but suddenly, she looked lovely and radiant. True star quality, and to top it off, she was an absolute delight. I loved chatting with her.

by Anonymousreply 451October 27, 2020 5:11 PM

Patrick Stewart looks amazing in person, the man just doesn’t age.

Tom Hiddleston is also attractive in person, very tall and carries himself well. He comes off way better in real life than on film.

Also saw Jason Priestley at a convention once and was very surprised how attractive he was (this was 2012 - image search shows he has aged a lot since then). I did not realize who he was at first and very openly checked him out, only later being told it was him. I never thought he was anything special before that, but I can see why he was fawned over when he was young.

by Anonymousreply 452October 27, 2020 5:17 PM

[quote]People who compare modern beauty to Cleo are not too bright.

You are the most tiresome of tiresome people, R449. Did you learn this little snippet playing Trivial Pursuit? In the modern consciousness Cleopatra was beautiful, hence the upthread comparison.

by Anonymousreply 453October 27, 2020 5:42 PM

Actually, R453, R449 is correct. There is a bust of Cleopatra and she had a schnozzola. You must be thinking of Nefertiti, whose bust is an icon of beauty and who's name means "the beautiful one comes."

I'm sure you can make a lot of jokes out of that, but it isn't trivial knowledge. It's an inconvenient fact.

by Anonymousreply 454October 27, 2020 5:52 PM

Keri Russell. Saw her in a wine shop in Brooklyn about 10 years ago. She was radiant

by Anonymousreply 455October 27, 2020 6:01 PM

There is always someone that has to snark to make themselves feel better about their limited intellect. Another person made the remark not the poster. Oh and by the way shut the fuck up! Fucking fags...

by Anonymousreply 456October 27, 2020 7:30 PM

Oh calm the fuck down R453.

by Anonymousreply 457October 27, 2020 7:42 PM

What about Jared Padalecki R443? He lives in Austin, do you ever see him? And how did Jensen Ackles' wife look the times you saw her?

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 458October 27, 2020 7:59 PM

Christ, not Supernatural Fraus; anything but the Supernatural Fan Fraus. BE GONE Fan Frau R458.

by Anonymousreply 459October 27, 2020 8:08 PM

Years ago on Rodeo Drive I was with a friend, and we were standing on a corner waiting for the light to change so we could walk across the street, and my friend whispered to me that Sylvester Stallone was standing in front of us. Had my friend not pointed him out I never would have known it was him, because he was REALLY short. I am 5'10" and he was MUCH shorter than me.

by Anonymousreply 460October 27, 2020 8:51 PM

Celebrities are tiny. Maybe why they are perfectly proportioned. I was about six feet from Catherine Deneuve once. She looked lovely in a Chanel suit, but short and so somewhat squat.

by Anonymousreply 461October 27, 2020 9:02 PM

Sat next to Josh Logan several years ago on a flight from Atlanta to LA. He was stunningly handsome. At a party with Rupert Friend before he was well known. He was very charming and good looking in person but looks better now. Saw Harry Belafonte in Spago 10 years ago. Very handsome man still. Sat next to James Spader in Venice years ago. He's gotten old like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 462October 27, 2020 9:05 PM

Sarah Michelle Gellar, very small, extremely thin, very thick long hair. I mistook her for a teenager in passing because of her narrow build then realised I was looking at a 40 year old when I saw her face.

by Anonymousreply 463January 1, 2021 7:05 PM

Better: Rachel Bilson, Sophia Bush, Julianne Moore. All three have perfect skin, glossy hair and are tiny.

Worse: Angelina Jolie, Ellen DeGeneres. Jolie looks like a heroin addict, and Ellen was so wrinkled.

The Same: Courtney Cox. Looked pretty much the same as on TV, except has a disproportionately large head.

by Anonymousreply 464January 1, 2021 7:15 PM

About 30 years ago I saw Claudia Schiffer in Madison Square Park. She wasn’t wearing makeup and she was otherworldly gorgeous. She looked like a beautiful alien. I nearly gasped.

by Anonymousreply 465January 1, 2021 7:22 PM

Mia Farrow in 1985. The most beautiful woman I ever saw.

by Anonymousreply 466January 1, 2021 7:45 PM

LOL R8.

by Anonymousreply 467January 1, 2021 8:44 PM

R462, that flight with Josh Logan must have been a long time ago. He died in 1988 at the age 79.

And while he brought a lot of male beauty to the forefront, he himself....

by Anonymousreply 468January 2, 2021 10:47 PM

Being photogenic (looking better on camera than in real life) is what made a lot of celebrities famous. So, I’d say most celebrities don’t look better in real life.

by Anonymousreply 469January 3, 2021 3:04 AM

R91 Saw Debbie entering a store in 1981 - yes, flawless skin, not much make up and she looked surreal. She held the door open for me :) Saw her in the last few years, and while she might photograph differently now, she still looked quite good in person.

by Anonymousreply 470January 3, 2021 3:19 AM

One that surprised me: Laura Bush

Hated her husband, who was President at the time, but damn...she was petit, perfectly coiffed, and exuded Rich Bitch Energy.

by Anonymousreply 471January 3, 2021 3:20 AM

Connie Britton looks like a movie star in person. She glows.

by Anonymousreply 472January 3, 2021 3:47 AM

Yes, yes...but do any of these people glow? Are any tiny?

by Anonymousreply 473January 3, 2021 2:10 PM

John Forsythe was gorgeous in-person; Matt Bomer in NYC jeans and a tight white tee...stunning, and no make-up. Jim Parsons...odd looking, very long legs and flabby upper body, Paul Newman as perfect as on the screen, poor Robert Redford, short, bad skin, horrible toupee.

by Anonymousreply 474January 3, 2021 7:18 PM

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 475March 9, 2021 8:21 AM

r308 and all the others that talk about big heads: Merv Griffin has this idea that people with big heads made the best celebrities - audiences were instinctively drawn to them. Even datalounge has talked about this in other threads (google). Bigger-headed, shorter people were more attractive celebrities. And per many responses on this thread, it sounds like that's the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476March 11, 2021 5:06 AM

also, i saw elijah wood in the Austin airport in the early 2000's and he looked EXACTLY like he did in all the LOTR movies. he seemed unpretentious and a little out of his element, responded to a sign for him. very young and innocent looking.

by Anonymousreply 477March 11, 2021 6:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!