Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eurovision Song Contest 2019, Part Dois

Wow, this Eurovision season has flown by so fast. There's only one day left until the first semi final. I'm thinking of organizing a little prayer circle for Conan and Joao tomorrow - they just have to go through to the grand final!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602May 18, 2019 7:55 PM

First thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2019 7:13 PM

The jury dress rehearsal just began 15 minutes ago. You can watch the press watching it on various livestreams:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2019 7:14 PM

I think Portugal has its chances because they are in the first semifinal, but i still didn't get the hype of that performance

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2019 7:18 PM

This video of Conan and Joao dancing to Fuego on yesterday's "orange" carpet is everything!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2019 7:23 PM

I think Conan's going to bomb in the televote hard, and it'll be obvious to everyone in hindsight why that was so.

r2 That's such a more informative stream than the other one with the three dudes, who just talk about their donations.

by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2019 7:36 PM

R5 In defense of those other guys, they already livestreamed the previous rehearsal today so they're probably a bit bored watching it again so soon again.

Damn, Tamata brought some serious pyro with her. That actually looks scary a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2019 7:40 PM

Yuck, sounds like the Hungarian gypsy guy is performing barefoot. Bitch, you're no Sandie Shaw!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2019 7:42 PM

After having watched that stream, I'm rooting for Australia, Greece, Cyprus, Iceland, and Estonia. Only really excited about seeing Australia.

Man, what a weak semi this is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2019 9:04 PM

Sometimes it's difficult to know what it's going to work with televote. I still remember that stupid Russian song with the grandmas doing amazing on televote. Eurovision is a freak show and sometimes the music is the less important thing.

I know some eurofans hated it and with time i get a little tired of Sobral's attitude, but Portugal winning was refreshing because for once it was about the song and not about the staging

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2019 9:11 PM

[quote]because for once it was about the song and not about the staging

And it's going to happen again this year, calling it right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2019 9:16 PM

Parts of tonight's performances have leaked and the camera work doesn't really look THAT bad. Greece looks especially fabulous and I imagine she won tonight's jury vote (her or Australia).

And this is actually shaping out to be a very strong semi-final. I think the only three songs we can safely rule out from qualifying are Montenegro, Finland and San Marino. The rest all have either good stagings, good vocal performances or both and are in the running to go through.

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2019 9:29 PM

I take it back - even San Marino might magically make it through somehow with them having the coveted closing spot, though it's highly unlikely. I like daddy Serhat but watching him clown around right after the magnificent Greek performance feels very anticlimatic.

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2019 9:34 PM

I took such a dump on Heidke when I first heard her song but now I'm obsessed. Though most of the voting audience will have heard it for the first time tomorrow as well so they might have the same WTF reaction I had. Growers, not showers, probably fare better in this competition for that exact reason. Still can't wrap my head around Conan's song, even after all this time.

Has Mahmood's fiancé been benched back in Italy? Preparing their little nest for the litter of kids sure to follow in the near future? The other guy in this shot from earlier today is the director of his music video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2019 9:39 PM

R10 this incredibly boring song is a favorite to win?

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2019 9:50 PM

r14 It is! Which one is more to your liking?

by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2019 9:51 PM

R15 Italian song is so much better. This tear jerking crap has nothing to do with ESC.

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2019 10:08 PM

r16 Are they really that different from each other? They're both more intimate and quieter than most of the other songs.

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2019 10:22 PM

The Dutch song is much showier - that chorus was clearly written to showcase Duncan's vocal skills. I much prefer the subtler and trendier Italian song but I think Duncan's song and his performance will be a bit more memorable for first time listeners/viewers on Saturday night. Plus Duncan will have the advantage of performing his song twice, as opposed to Mahmood. I think that automatic qualification for the Big Five almost works against them sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 18May 13, 2019 10:37 PM

Damn, look at this shot! Perhaps she could pull off what Estonia couldn't last year?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 13, 2019 10:51 PM

I enjoyed reading this vocal assessment of last night's jury show. Seems like San Marino, Estonia, Montenegro, and Finland have the weakest singers. It's going to be fun cringing tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 14, 2019 11:16 AM

[bold]For Host Countries, Eurovision Is a Financial Gamble[/bold]

[quote]Israel is the first country in the contest's 64-year history to fail to financially support the event, said Eldad Koblenz, the CEO of the Israeli Broadcasting Corporation. Governments traditionally give anywhere from 30 percent to full financing for the contest, Koblenz said. But about two-thirds of this year's budget of $33.5 million are government subsidies in the form of a loan from the network that will need to be repaid in 15 years.

[quote]"This entire process felt strange," Koblenz said. "We are fully financing this one-night event with a budget intended to support our original programming for the upcoming decade."

[quote]Much like the Olympics, making money off the song contest has often proved to be a challenge for host countries. Portuguese broadcaster RTP reportedly lost about $4.5 million after hosting last year in Lisbon, as ticket sales, advertiser revenue and sponsorship failed to match or exceed its investment. Stockholm reported that Eurovision tourism brought in about $27 million in revenue when the Swedes hosted in 2016, with Eurovision 2013 in Malmö, Sweden, netting $25 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 14, 2019 11:19 AM

Something interesting might get revealed tomorrow?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 14, 2019 1:18 PM

R22 Many people think that's going to be a fake press conference that has something to do with that Netflix film. Maybe they plan to film some scenes for it. Rumor has it that they already filmed some in the arena yesterday,

by Anonymousreply 23May 14, 2019 2:19 PM

r23 Oh, of course, that makes more sense. Yeah, they filmed a fake Russian song in the arena yesterday.

I know something has been signed recently as regards to the American version of this competition, but that was just barely above a letter of intent. Basically, they'll pay some producers to brainstorm how to approach this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 14, 2019 2:31 PM

Eurovision Asia Song Contest is supposed to finally happen in December, after being in preparation for what seems like eons. I still wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing gets canceled for lack of interest even before that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 14, 2019 2:40 PM

r25 Love Australia's thirsty ass double-teaming two regions. I expect the Chinese to be doing the most, just like in the Olympics. It'll be interesting to see how many tune in.

by Anonymousreply 26May 14, 2019 2:45 PM

The cutest moment from last night's jury show - the contestants were hold hostage in the green room long into the night, because there were some serious technical issues with Israeli guy's performance and Spain also performed twice. Zena from Belarus fell asleep and woke up only when she was called as one of the fake qualifiers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 14, 2019 3:04 PM

r27 I'd like to take a nap in his lap as well.

by Anonymousreply 28May 14, 2019 3:07 PM

R28 #MeToo

I can't believe we haven't discussed the Belarussian dancers in the previous thread yet. Someone needs to track down the left side dancer's instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 14, 2019 3:15 PM

The Spaniards are just the handsomest. Is that a wireless camera in his hand at one point? Is that going to be plugged into the main feed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 14, 2019 3:34 PM

R30 I think the feed will be shown on the LED screens behind him.

by Anonymousreply 31May 14, 2019 3:40 PM

Perhaps that wasn't a joke after all? We'll see tomorrow.

[quote]Aftonbladet reports that American Song Contest is to be launched in 2021, with a press conference to reveal more tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 14, 2019 3:40 PM

We must also brace ourselves for what is probably going to be one of the cringiest Eurovision moments ever tonight - SPOILERS ALERT - while Dana International will be lip-synching to Bruno Mars' "Just the Way You Are" they're gonna do one of those stupid Kiss Cams, like the ones they have in the US at sports events. Some of the couples shown will be straight ones which means they're probably planted there by the producers (I don't think there are normally any straight couples in attendance at Eurovision).

That poster in this year's Eurovision thread who easily gets triggered by manifestations of heterosexual love better not click on the pic below (or watch the kiss cam segment tonight).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 14, 2019 3:51 PM

r33 Why is she lip syncing to Bruno? Just do the fucking Diva remix spiel and be done with it.

[quote]That poster in this year's Eurovision thread who easily gets triggered by manifestations of heterosexual love better not click on the pic below (or watch the kiss cam segment tonight).

Too late, bitch; the offending shot is in the preview image and is now seared into my brain permanently. To be honest, I'm creeped out by PDA in general so that will be painful for me regardless of the couples taking part. Why, just why? Some American things should never, ever be transplanted anywhere else, with this one being chief among them. So you're engaging in the biological function of breeding, congrats and good for you. Why not show a shot of someone drinking or taking a dump, then? Let's maybe focus on the talent instead?

Anyway, I'll stop railing now. I'll have the last laugh when Slovenia's entry crashes and burns, just like Spain's last year. And I'll have another laugh when those two bitches break up and he starts fucking dudes, which is another inevitability.

by Anonymousreply 34May 14, 2019 4:07 PM

Currently cleansing my palate for tonight's semi by listening to this gorgeous song. Goosebumps every time that spoken intro starts. I've decided I prefer this, Ultimo, and Loredana's song to Soldi. But it is what it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 14, 2019 4:14 PM

Crap, I admit only the US came to my mind as well when I read the news at r32.

So it wouldn't be a competition between the US states, but between the countries of the Americas. That makes a tonne more sense and I feel so foolish now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 14, 2019 4:18 PM

Live in 30 mins.

by Anonymousreply 37May 14, 2019 6:31 PM

Starts in half an hour. The unofficial Discord server seems so inane and wholesome, I might stick with Reddit and DL.

by Anonymousreply 38May 14, 2019 6:32 PM

According to an American viewer on Reddit, this Swedish online stream should apparently be available in the US as well, no proxy required. We'll see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 14, 2019 6:42 PM

R34 She'll be lip-synching to her own shitty version of the song (which was awful enough to begin with).

I absolutely love the anemic kids from Slovenia but something tells me they'll be this year's shock non-qualifiers. Their song is just a bit too esoteric for Eurovision and they're performing early on in the show which is like a kiss of death for songs like theirs. I think that little strumpet from Belarus or the Estonian guy will qualify instead.

I also love how frank they are in interviews. In one of them they said they hate how fake most of the people attending Eurovison seem. They said they hate people who come up to them just so they can take selfie with them and tell them that "YOUR SONG IS THE BEST ONE THIS YEAR!" and then just move to the next artist and repeat the exercise.

by Anonymousreply 40May 14, 2019 6:43 PM

[quote]She'll be lip-synching to her own shitty version of the song (which was awful enough to begin with).

Oh, god, even worse! So I'm assuming they'll dredge her ass up for the second semi and the Grand Final as well? And she'll perform Diva at the final?

by Anonymousreply 41May 14, 2019 6:46 PM

I have no idea why they chose that song for her to perform because it literally has nothing to do with Eurovision. Some are afraid the whole thing is becoming a bit too Americanized, with stupid stuff like that Kiss Cam, Bruno Mars covers and Miss Ciccone apearing (of course the last thing hasn't been confirmed yet).

by Anonymousreply 42May 14, 2019 6:49 PM

In my opinion The Netherlands and Italy are by far the best songs in terms of quality and it should slay on juries votes.

Televote is always a mystery but i expect both to do well too, but probably Russia will win the televote. Sergey is amazing by i don't want Russia to host again

by Anonymousreply 43May 14, 2019 6:53 PM

Here it goes

by Anonymousreply 44May 14, 2019 7:01 PM

I missed the opening jingle (the best part of the whole thing!) because I went on one last toilet break, so my entire evening is ruined now.

by Anonymousreply 45May 14, 2019 7:02 PM

Like always they play last year’s winner. Not my favorite. But at least it began. Tel Aviv

by Anonymousreply 46May 14, 2019 7:03 PM

What a provocative outfit she wears! You go girl!

by Anonymousreply 47May 14, 2019 7:05 PM

That touching intro with the young Netta made me tear up. MARY!

by Anonymousreply 48May 14, 2019 7:05 PM

How the fuck did this win last year?! Definitely the worst Eurovision winning song of the last 15 years, along with Russia 2008 and Azerbaijan 2011.

by Anonymousreply 49May 14, 2019 7:05 PM

But the good thing about Fuego not winning is that Eurovison isn't held in Cyprus this year. The organization in Israel seems very hectic but I think those lazy Cypriots would be even worse hosts.

by Anonymousreply 50May 14, 2019 7:08 PM

The host in the left must be family

by Anonymousreply 51May 14, 2019 7:09 PM

r51 He is, we've discussed him in the first thread. Both he and his partner have hot Instas.

by Anonymousreply 52May 14, 2019 7:10 PM

R51 He sure is (picture with his bf below). He also decided to donate his Eurovison salary to some LGBT Youth organization. He said Israel doesn't offer enough financial support to organizations like that one so he'll be happy to give his earnings from this job to them, since they come straight from the state funds.

And gurl is turning 40 in less than a month. Fuck, he looks amazing for his age!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 14, 2019 7:11 PM

Thanks for the info. R52 and R53 lovely thing to do

by Anonymousreply 54May 14, 2019 7:13 PM

Yikes, Tamata sounded pretty awful. She can definitely sing but that isn't a very easy track to pull off live, especially while dancing. Fuego this sure ain't!

She sounds amazing in this short clip where she, Oto Nemsadze and his group of undertakers sang some folk Georgian song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 14, 2019 7:15 PM

r55 Yup, she didn't sound great there at all. Pretty out of breath by the end.

by Anonymousreply 56May 14, 2019 7:16 PM

Montenegro is garbage on just about every level imaginable.

by Anonymousreply 57May 14, 2019 7:18 PM

What the fuck was that dance move they did in the end all about?

by Anonymousreply 58May 14, 2019 7:19 PM

Finland surely has sent some bad songs to ESC over the years and this is no exception. Darude could have done much better. But the first semi-final has many poor songs and that gives Finland a little chance. But I am ashamed how bad the song is.

by Anonymousreply 59May 14, 2019 7:19 PM

Who are the funniest on Twitter re Eurovision? I enjoy Daz Gale and Jonathan Harvey’s tweets but happy to add on some more.

by Anonymousreply 60May 14, 2019 7:20 PM

Rejman can't fucking carry a note, it's embarrassing. I totally feel for you, r59.

by Anonymousreply 61May 14, 2019 7:22 PM

My condolances to R59, because this really is awful. I absolutely love the Finnish music scene (and Pekka Streng is probably my all-time favorite singer, God rest his soul). I imagine serious musicians in Finland stay as far away from Eurovision as possible.

by Anonymousreply 62May 14, 2019 7:22 PM

*condolences

by Anonymousreply 63May 14, 2019 7:23 PM

r60 I'm waiting for the American showbiz gays to chime in on Twitter on Sunday. They're the most hysterical of them all, although they usually don't bother with the semis.

by Anonymousreply 64May 14, 2019 7:24 PM

Polish dresses and song have been approved by Polish right wing government.

by Anonymousreply 65May 14, 2019 7:25 PM

I'm not sure what to think about the Polish wenches. I love that there's at least one folk song in this year's Eurovision but unfortunately it's not a particulary good one.

by Anonymousreply 66May 14, 2019 7:26 PM

I had no idea Israel had such countryside?

by Anonymousreply 67May 14, 2019 7:27 PM

But, R64, where can us Yanks watch it if it’s no longer being shown on Logo?

by Anonymousreply 68May 14, 2019 7:27 PM

I like Slovenia. Maybe because the rest has been crap. But I like this one.

by Anonymousreply 69May 14, 2019 7:28 PM

r68 Try the link at r39.

by Anonymousreply 70May 14, 2019 7:29 PM

R67 They probably annexed it from some neighbouring country.

Oh no, the anemic Slovenian girl sounds nervous as hell and can't hold her notes very well. I can't see them qualifying anymore.

by Anonymousreply 71May 14, 2019 7:29 PM

Literally speak the same language as this bitch and can hardly make out what's she singing. Make it stahp already!

by Anonymousreply 72May 14, 2019 7:30 PM

Why is an all-white boy band named "Lake Malawi" anyway? Has that mystery been solved at all?

by Anonymousreply 73May 14, 2019 7:31 PM

Maybe that annoying "My Heritage" sponsor told them they have some African blood in them.

by Anonymousreply 74May 14, 2019 7:32 PM

All the music is playback, no need for the instruments on stage but nice try cuties

by Anonymousreply 75May 14, 2019 7:32 PM

Still no clue as to where he cribbed that English accent from.

by Anonymousreply 76May 14, 2019 7:33 PM

She's been asked about that damn Fuego song for the millionth time now, give it a rest already.

by Anonymousreply 77May 14, 2019 7:36 PM

Looking back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 14, 2019 7:38 PM

Finland had a great song two years ago and the juries screwed them

by Anonymousreply 79May 14, 2019 7:40 PM

Hungary is surprisingly good, even if those floating heads behind him are creepy a bit. But I think Joci is in danger with his feet exposed like that - Madonna might go all Medellin on him (if she actually appears on Saturday) and try to suck his toes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 14, 2019 7:40 PM

This is too low-energy for the Eurovision and exactly the way Soldi is going to play on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 81May 14, 2019 7:40 PM

R79 Was that Blackbird? I loved that song. I think Slovenia will be this year's Blackbird.

by Anonymousreply 82May 14, 2019 7:41 PM

I'm loving these dancing postcards. So much more modern that the usual syrupy crap.

by Anonymousreply 83May 14, 2019 7:43 PM

Zena is the youngest contestant this year and is dressed the sluttiest. That's just wrong.

by Anonymousreply 84May 14, 2019 7:43 PM

Generic crap from Belarus. And sung badly, at that.

by Anonymousreply 85May 14, 2019 7:45 PM

R83 I think 2014 had the best postcards, the ones where contestants were creating their country's flags out of different things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 14, 2019 7:45 PM

R82 It was, strong song

by Anonymousreply 87May 14, 2019 7:45 PM

I have always had a thing to Slavic melancholy. This has it. But why sing a part in English?

by Anonymousreply 88May 14, 2019 7:47 PM

I can't stand the Serbian singer's awful posture and that leg thing she's doing - it's very "Angelina Jolie at the 2012 Oscars". And the song is a typical Balkans ballad we've heard dozens of times before.

And that last name that was displayed is not her name anymore because she got married a few weeks ago to this hunky pilot, who never seems to go anywhere without his sunglasses (he even wore those glasses during their wedding dance!). She's Nevena Ivanovic now, not Nevena Bozovic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 14, 2019 7:47 PM

Serbia's is my favourite so far.

by Anonymousreply 90May 14, 2019 7:48 PM

r89 That douche is really rocking the Keith Urban wig.

by Anonymousreply 91May 14, 2019 7:49 PM

The lower notes are barely audible. Come on, Belgian twink, you can do better than that!

by Anonymousreply 92May 14, 2019 7:52 PM

Eliot must be nervous. His notes don’t fly.

by Anonymousreply 93May 14, 2019 7:53 PM

Fuck, the audience is completely dead. What a fiasco. Poor, poor twink.

by Anonymousreply 94May 14, 2019 7:53 PM

The Arab dancers in Georgia's postcard were hot to death.

by Anonymousreply 95May 14, 2019 7:55 PM

I'm shocked to see how unattractive those Georgian guys all are. Georgia has probably the most beautiful men out of all the countries I've visited so far but I couldn't spot a single cute one on that stage. But I still enjoyed that little trip into the pits of hell with them. I can see this being a shock qualifier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 14, 2019 7:57 PM

Open your jars of vegemite - Australia is up next!

by Anonymousreply 97May 14, 2019 7:58 PM

Here we go with the biggest spectacle of the evening, Australia!

by Anonymousreply 98May 14, 2019 7:58 PM

R82: Yes, Blackbird was the kind of song a decent jury should vote to get some quality on the final, but for some reason they thought two good songs were too much and decided to vote for Portugal and skip Finland, and adding salt to the injury was the fact that televote put Finland top 10

by Anonymousreply 99May 14, 2019 7:58 PM

Australia gave show and she has wide range but the song has too many elements. But will get to the final. What a show!

by Anonymousreply 100May 14, 2019 8:02 PM

I know that Eurovision is huge in Oz but do people there actually watch it live? It's 6 AM in Sydney right now.

by Anonymousreply 101May 14, 2019 8:03 PM

r101 They do or it wouldn't have been huge in the first place. It was the big viewership that got them invited, after all.

by Anonymousreply 102May 14, 2019 8:05 PM

Here's Hatari's singer before Hatari, looking like an average nerd. What a difference a latex costume makes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 14, 2019 8:06 PM

This is going to bomb so hard in the televote, they're going to be crying tonight.

by Anonymousreply 104May 14, 2019 8:06 PM

I can actually see this doing well in the televote, especially because it's the only rock song this year.

by Anonymousreply 105May 14, 2019 8:08 PM

Victor Crone is Swedish and has participated Melodifestivalen, Swedish national final of ESC.

by Anonymousreply 106May 14, 2019 8:10 PM

Wow, Estonia finally got that storm CGI effect right. They had some major issues with it during the rehearsals.

But I don't like the inclusion of pre-recorded stuff like that in the performances. I don't mind smaller optical camera effects like slow-mo, shaking the cam or some animation (like the one Bulgaria had in 2017 and Italy in 2015) but putting recorded parts in there feels like cheating the audience in front of TVs a bit.

by Anonymousreply 107May 14, 2019 8:12 PM

Oh, here we go with the Portuguese freakshow.

by Anonymousreply 108May 14, 2019 8:13 PM

Why is the Portuguese stage so badly lit?

by Anonymousreply 109May 14, 2019 8:13 PM

I doubt it, televote tend to focus in flashy acts, i still remember when The wolves of the sea end higher than Senhora do Mar (one of the best songs ever on eurovision).

Europeans (specially eastern europeans) have no taste

by Anonymousreply 110May 14, 2019 8:13 PM

Conan explained in some interview that his green outfit is supposed to symbolize a praying mantis!

by Anonymousreply 111May 14, 2019 8:14 PM

R110 I adore Senhora do Mar! But it's strange how it finished second in its semi-final and then only 13th in the Final. It's like Norway last year - he won the semi-final and then finished 15th overall.

by Anonymousreply 112May 14, 2019 8:17 PM

Yaasss, Miss Duska nailed that high note!

by Anonymousreply 113May 14, 2019 8:19 PM

It's not that surprising, on the semifinal there weren't so many neighbours to vote.

Senhora do mar should have been top 5 if there were jury votes that year

by Anonymousreply 114May 14, 2019 8:19 PM

But I hate that chicken-like sound the backing vocalists let out at the end. A tribute to Netta?

by Anonymousreply 115May 14, 2019 8:20 PM

Who did Serhat blow to get the closing spot of the semi-final (which many countries would kill for). This trolling schtick of San Marino is getting a bit old.

by Anonymousreply 116May 14, 2019 8:22 PM

Serhat can't fucking sing for shit, I'm sorry.

by Anonymousreply 117May 14, 2019 8:22 PM

The San Marino song is shit.

by Anonymousreply 118May 14, 2019 8:22 PM

Half the population of San Marino on the stage right now.

by Anonymousreply 119May 14, 2019 8:23 PM

Looking back when BBC made an effort. After playing Alex in Aspects of Love in West End and Broadway Michael Ball performed and came 2nd after Ireland’s Why Me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 14, 2019 8:24 PM

I felt bad for the hot blond dancer who was dancing his (no doubt perfect) ass off.

by Anonymousreply 121May 14, 2019 8:24 PM

Why Me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122May 14, 2019 8:25 PM

R121 lol I noticed him, too. He made the best he could with his beautiful butt. I don’t think it was enough.

by Anonymousreply 123May 14, 2019 8:26 PM

Here comes the Kiss Cam!

by Anonymousreply 124May 14, 2019 8:33 PM

C’mon ICELAND!!!!

by Anonymousreply 125May 14, 2019 8:34 PM

San Marino has a good song but Serhat can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 126May 14, 2019 8:35 PM

LOL at the grumpy old guy they showed right after one of the kisses.

by Anonymousreply 127May 14, 2019 8:35 PM

Is dana cgi

by Anonymousreply 128May 14, 2019 8:36 PM

Okay, the first two couples being featured on the kiss cam has mellowed my opposition to it a bit. That was cute.

by Anonymousreply 129May 14, 2019 8:36 PM

*the first two couples being GUYS, I meant

by Anonymousreply 130May 14, 2019 8:36 PM

It's so obvious those str8 couples are plants. There's no way the cameraman would be able to locate a heterosexual couple in that pool of queens just like that.

by Anonymousreply 131May 14, 2019 8:37 PM

The kiss cam still wasn't as nauseating as this 2017 moment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 14, 2019 8:39 PM

One-minute entries from the Big 5 coming up?

by Anonymousreply 133May 14, 2019 8:40 PM

Oh, no, I see now it's just a dancing collage.

by Anonymousreply 134May 14, 2019 8:41 PM

So, who do we think is qualifying?

I think Cyprus, Australia, Iceland, Greece, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Serbia are definitely going through.

The remaining three are more difficut to pick. I'm gonna go with Portugal, Poland and Estonia.

by Anonymousreply 135May 14, 2019 8:42 PM

Come on Iceland! (and Portugal)

by Anonymousreply 136May 14, 2019 8:43 PM

r135 Pretty much agree with your picks there.

Though why do you think Hungary is going through?

by Anonymousreply 137May 14, 2019 8:44 PM

R137 Because he already did well two years ago with a song that was inferior to this one.

But it looks like the UK isn't voting tonight which makes the fate of Poland a little less certain.

by Anonymousreply 138May 14, 2019 8:45 PM

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Georgia and Slovenia make it somehow. I think at least one of them could make it.

by Anonymousreply 139May 14, 2019 8:46 PM

I wonder who will turn on the waterworks after not qualifying tonight. It's always sad to see the artist crying, even those whose songs I hated - it must be terrible knowing that you brought shame to your entire country.

These sad pics of poor Moran Mazor continue to haunt me:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140May 14, 2019 8:48 PM

Germany's Levina in 2017 was a sad sight as well:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141May 14, 2019 8:48 PM

And poor Anna Bergendahl in 2010, the only Swdish act in history who failed to qualify!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 14, 2019 8:49 PM

Australia-fantastic staging but there's no song there, she's just chirping and squeaking.

by Anonymousreply 143May 14, 2019 8:49 PM

r140 Oh, give me a break! Even Nancy Kerrigan took her knee bashing more gracefully than that. It's just a singing competition, at the end of the day.

by Anonymousreply 144May 14, 2019 8:51 PM

Israeli ‘songstress’ Dana International still looks like a man.

by Anonymousreply 145May 14, 2019 8:51 PM

R143, LOL...the staging was amazing...and you’re right about the singing.

by Anonymousreply 146May 14, 2019 8:52 PM

This was just delightful. And hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 14, 2019 8:52 PM

Finalists may surprise many because they were only handful of decent songs. People may not want to spend money voting. Some songs might get forward with low voting numbers. Of course 50% comes from national juries.

by Anonymousreply 148May 14, 2019 8:54 PM

LOL are they actually shilling a DVD of the Eurovision? What is this - 2003?

by Anonymousreply 149May 14, 2019 8:56 PM

Brazilian flag in the background had me confused for a second there.

by Anonymousreply 150May 14, 2019 8:56 PM

r149 This is VERY IMPORTANT information for the euro gays watching this, believe me.

by Anonymousreply 151May 14, 2019 8:57 PM

Not only has Spain fun song the singer has nice abs!

by Anonymousreply 152May 14, 2019 8:58 PM

They're embarrassing him with this shitless pic but his tits look great so he shouldn't feel bad.

by Anonymousreply 153May 14, 2019 8:59 PM

Bilal looks slightly less scary without those hideous glasses he usually wears.

by Anonymousreply 154May 14, 2019 9:00 PM

Kobi is so fucking pretty. He's got a very feline-like facial structure, but he's very telegenic. And I actually like the revamped version of his song they released last week. They made some last minute changes to it to make it sound a bit less dated. I had it on repeat today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 14, 2019 9:01 PM

Lol at the Icelandic slave waving the pride flag in the background.

by Anonymousreply 156May 14, 2019 9:02 PM

The Israeli song makes me feel like I'm strolling through the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin again. So fucking depressing.

by Anonymousreply 157May 14, 2019 9:03 PM

Yawn, here's that annoying Norwegian troll again.

He recently had a very serious talk with Hatari:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158May 14, 2019 9:04 PM

Belarus, WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 159May 14, 2019 9:05 PM

R159 Slutpop genre always does well in Eurovison.

by Anonymousreply 160May 14, 2019 9:07 PM

YAS, Australia, my favourite!

by Anonymousreply 161May 14, 2019 9:07 PM

Greece, Serbia, Cyprus, Belarus, Estonia, Czech Republic...

by Anonymousreply 162May 14, 2019 9:07 PM

San Marino?! I knew that closing spot could do wonders.

by Anonymousreply 163May 14, 2019 9:08 PM

Iceland!!

by Anonymousreply 164May 14, 2019 9:09 PM

Yasssss, zombie kids made it!

by Anonymousreply 165May 14, 2019 9:09 PM

Oh shit, that means Portgual is out :(

by Anonymousreply 166May 14, 2019 9:09 PM

SAY NANANANANANANNA HAHAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 167May 14, 2019 9:09 PM

Fuck those zombie kids, I'm so pissed right now.

by Anonymousreply 168May 14, 2019 9:10 PM

No Portugal...

by Anonymousreply 169May 14, 2019 9:11 PM

[quote] Victor Crone is Swedish and has participated Melodifestivalen, Swedish national final of ESC

Makes sense - Estonians are generally not as hot as the Swedes. Surprised he’s representing Estonia.

Portugal should get some American expat to represent them next time.

by Anonymousreply 170May 14, 2019 9:11 PM

It's sad to see trash like Belarus, San Marino, Estonia and Cyprus making it through with Portugal and Hungary staying behind.

by Anonymousreply 171May 14, 2019 9:11 PM

San Marino sucks ass but at least we'll get another look at that blond dancer and his ass.

by Anonymousreply 172May 14, 2019 9:13 PM

I also feel sorry for the poor Belgian twink. Imagine having your dreams crushed like this at such young age.

by Anonymousreply 173May 14, 2019 9:15 PM

Crushed? He got more PR exposure out of this than he could have hoped for.

by Anonymousreply 174May 14, 2019 9:18 PM

r173 I mean, it's not like he doesn't understand why he didn't qualify, he did see the replay of his performance. There was a chain of bad decisions back home that led him to Tel Aviv.

by Anonymousreply 175May 14, 2019 9:19 PM

[quote] Makes sense - Estonians are generally not as hot as the Swedes. Surprised he’s representing Estonia.

Are you kidding me?! I believe Estonia is the country with the highest percentage of blue-eyed people in the world (I believe it's 89%). That alone makes Estonian men stand out for me more.

by Anonymousreply 176May 14, 2019 9:20 PM

how the hell did San Marino get through?

I wanted Portugal instead of that boring Sloevnia

by Anonymousreply 177May 14, 2019 9:21 PM

I didn't say I liked the Belgian performance, I just said it's sad to see a kid like that not making it to the grand final, especially when a few much worse acts made it.

by Anonymousreply 178May 14, 2019 9:21 PM

r177 You can thank the breeders for that; apparently merely holding hands on stage is enough to put you through.

And I can't stand her - she looked so over everything when they announced she got through. Can someone give her an iron supplement or something?

by Anonymousreply 179May 14, 2019 9:24 PM

Let's not forget that Serhat is Turkish and he even sang a part of his song in Turkish. Maybe it was the Turkish diaspora that helped him.

by Anonymousreply 180May 14, 2019 9:24 PM

I think the countries of the second semifinal will slay in the final like it happened with the ones of the first last year.

This semi was trash, and some of the worst even made the final

by Anonymousreply 181May 14, 2019 9:24 PM

Second semi is going to be a bloodbath, this one was garbage.

by Anonymousreply 182May 14, 2019 9:26 PM

R179 That doesn't make much sense because the Slovenian song is a very acquired taste and not very mainstream. I don't think the breeders usually go for music like that.

by Anonymousreply 183May 14, 2019 9:27 PM

She looks virginal, that why they went for her.

Like a virginal vampire.

by Anonymousreply 184May 14, 2019 9:29 PM

Thanks, R39 and R70, the link worked great! And apparently the BBC4 satellite feed in the UK had a glitch in the final moments and the Swedish feed was perfect.

Speaking of Swedes...Victor Crone. Oh My God. What about that video package of him on the beach? Such beautiful feet. What I wouldn’t give...

That cute gay Israeli co-host wouldn’t mind a fourple with those boys from the Czech Republic, would he?

Thanks again, R39 and R70!

by Anonymousreply 185May 14, 2019 9:32 PM

R184 Didn't virgins go out of style with the Vestals?

by Anonymousreply 186May 14, 2019 9:32 PM

r185 I'm glad it worked! Though I heard the Swedish commentator was super chatty tonight, so that must have sucked occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 187May 14, 2019 9:35 PM

[quote]Speaking of Swedes...Victor Crone. Oh My God. What about that video package of him on the beach? Such beautiful feet. What I wouldn’t give...

He's so gorgeous but he seems like one of those men who are acutely aware of their beauty and actively use it to get what and where they want in life., which is off-putting to me. He's so low-energy and was pretty much coasting on the strength of his face in his performance.

by Anonymousreply 188May 14, 2019 9:37 PM

Slovenia had the "oh, this one is not bad" factor.

by Anonymousreply 189May 14, 2019 9:39 PM

Madonna has reportedly just landed in Israel to take the haggling over money for her performance into her own gloved hands. It could all go to shit still but I hope it doesn't and that we get both Maluma's toes and "Like A Prayer" on Sunday. Wouldn't that be nice?

by Anonymousreply 190May 14, 2019 9:40 PM

I hope she brought Maluma along now that poor Joci has been eliminated. But the more I think about her, the less excited I am about her performance.

I heard Celine Dion was that billionare's second option, in case Madonna said no. That would actually be a much better choice - she's a Eurovision winner and unlike Madonna she has a great sense of humour.

by Anonymousreply 191May 14, 2019 9:45 PM

r191 Well, you just about ruined Sunday for me with that Céline Dion scoop. Maybe next year? Does the Netherlands have charitable millionaires who would be willing to burn cash on foreign divas?

by Anonymousreply 192May 14, 2019 9:49 PM

R188, I think you’ve got Victor down to a tee. It sort of confirmed that sense of entitlement when he was announced as a finalist and he had that look of “well, of COURSE, I’m in, why the fuck wasn’t I announced FIRST!”

Still, those feet...

by Anonymousreply 193May 14, 2019 10:01 PM

r193 Those beautiful feet...

I believe they'll replay the same postcards on Sunday so be sure you catch his again.

by Anonymousreply 194May 14, 2019 10:03 PM

You know I will, R194!

by Anonymousreply 195May 14, 2019 10:12 PM

She honestly scares me a little.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 14, 2019 10:12 PM

I totally picture myself ending up as that grumpy old guy they showed after the hot couple kissed in a couple of decades, turning up my nose at those whippersnappers and their shameless public display of lust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 14, 2019 10:14 PM

r197 A DLer right there. Twitter fame came fast at him tonight and he'll live forever in meme form now.

by Anonymousreply 198May 14, 2019 10:22 PM

The Slovenian zombie chick is not hiding the fact that she's not enjoying the whole Eurovision experience. I think they went to their national selection only to get some free promotion and never expected to actually walk away with the whole thing. Just look at their reaction after their names were pulled out of the envelope. They look almost unhappy they won (the guy even more so).

They do also seem a bit snobbish at times, talking about how they don't want to be labeled as "Eurovision musicians" after this whole thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199May 14, 2019 10:25 PM

Betting odds (favorites)

1. Netherlands

2. Sweden

3. Australia

4. Russia

5. France

by Anonymousreply 200May 14, 2019 10:29 PM

[quote]They look almost unhappy they won (the guy even more so).

r199 Not surprised. The bearding contract probably only covered that one evening. Poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 201May 14, 2019 10:35 PM

Welp, I just learned the Grand Final is this SATURDAY, not Sunday, after parroting that misinformation for I don't know how many times. Sorry, everyone!

I'm thankful it won't clash with the GoT finale.

by Anonymousreply 202May 14, 2019 10:48 PM

But wait, aren't Jews prohibited from working on Saturdays? Or is that just the orthodox strain?

by Anonymousreply 203May 14, 2019 10:50 PM

lol. SLovenia just said how shitty the questions at press conference are

by Anonymousreply 204May 14, 2019 10:52 PM

The Eurovision subreddit is an actual Serhat cult at this point and every reaction to the semifinal results from every homo with daddy issues I've seen on YouTube is that of sheer ecstasy.

I'll have what he's having, is what I'm trying to say here...

by Anonymousreply 205May 14, 2019 10:54 PM

Zombie girl saying that the air-condition is killing her was cute but that comment from Gasper at the press conference was totally unnecessary. I still admire them for not pretending to have sickly sweet personalities but some things are better left unsaid and there's a difference between being honest and being rude. It's not like the other artists find those same tired questions interesting, they just happen to be more polite.

Here's a video of a nicer Eurovision contestant: slightly tipsy Miss Duska tearing up over Conan not qualifying. She's such a (forgive me for a corny expression) cutie pie. I watched some interviews with her and she seems incredibly gracious and down to earth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206May 15, 2019 4:25 AM

And Tulia is coming after all the kurwas who failed to vote for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 15, 2019 4:27 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 15, 2019 8:57 AM

Aren't these kids getting paid/sponsored to perform? Why act like that? Funny how it's the straight ones acting like drama queens.

by Anonymousreply 209May 15, 2019 10:14 AM

I hope Assi Azar pulls this exact same shit with Mahmood tomorrow, and that he uses a photo of him arguing with his boyfriend out in the street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210May 15, 2019 11:17 AM

Could someone explain OP’s clip? That looks too intentional to be a fall but too improbable to be a dance move. The swaying fringe makes it mire hypnotic, and I cant stop staring. Please contextualize.

by Anonymousreply 211May 15, 2019 11:26 AM

r211 That was from a performance at their national selection back in Portugal and I'm pretty sure it was intentional. It does look like it could go either way, doesn't it? Very hypnotic gif.

I do know that same dancer slipped once during rehearsals in Tel Aviv but that wasn't shown.

by Anonymousreply 212May 15, 2019 12:11 PM

Thank you R212. I found the full performance and posted a separate thread. I have so many questions.

by Anonymousreply 213May 15, 2019 12:13 PM

We have a touchdown! Madonna has arrived to Israel and apparently already had her first rehearsal behind closed doors today. She also had everyone kicked out of the arena during her rehearsal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214May 15, 2019 12:58 PM

Is Maluma with her, though? It must kill her to know that everyone is going nuts for her gay sidepiece, not her.

[quote]She also had everyone kicked out of the arena during her rehearsal.

Naturally. I wonder if that truck driver who got crushed to death on stage in a work accident this morning was setting up her staging.

by Anonymousreply 215May 15, 2019 1:03 PM

[quote] I wonder if that truck driver who got crushed to death on stage in a work accident this morning was setting up her staging.

That was so tragic. And what makes it even sadder is that the guy was 66 and just one year away from retirement.

by Anonymousreply 216May 15, 2019 1:07 PM

I swore I'll never bet on Eurovision again after losing some money back in 2017 but I just put 30 pounds on Jurijus Veklenko qualifying - he's second to last in the odds right now so if he goes through I'll make a nice profit of 75 pounds.

Here are two things that convinced me that he's qualifying - Estonia qualifying yesterday showed that people really like average pop songs with minimalistic stagings, sung by handsome singers. Jurijus won't even have any fancy CGI effects like the one Estonia had but here's where my second point comes in - four of the five countries that traditionally give Lithuania the most points will be voting in the semi final tomorrow (the UK, Ireland, Latvia and Norway) so he can probably count on plenty of support from there. I know it will be a very difficult semi final to advance from but the Lithuanian diaspora has done wonders in the past and got some even worse songs through.

by Anonymousreply 217May 15, 2019 1:11 PM

I managed to track down Serhat's fantastic blond dancer some of us noticed last night. He reminds me a bit of Alec Nysten aka The Honey Badger. Hope he does a collab with Michael Lucas, who is no doubt in town right now, shooting hot vids left and right.

[quote]and just one year away from retirement.

OMG! Just awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218May 15, 2019 1:12 PM

[bold]EBU signs agreement to develop Eurovision Song Contest in USA[/bold]

[quote]The goal is for the very first American Song Contest to be ready to air in 2021, with First Gentleman Chasten Buttigieg in attendance to declare the contest open.

[quote]The team behind The American Song Contest project includes some of Europe's most experienced TV producers. Anders Lenhoff and Peter Settman will be joined by Christer Björkman and Ola Melzig who have worked on over 20 ESCs between them. Brain Academy, a part of Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT) will develop, manage and coordinate the project for the US market in cooperation with the EBU.

Okay, I might have tinkered with that first quote a little. But seriously, if that happened, the Gay Agenda would be done and dusted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219May 15, 2019 1:43 PM

Victor Crone doesn't come across as arrogant or entitled in the interviews I've seen on YouTube. He admits he lacks confidence and meditates to settle his nerves.

Have you all seen Maxxy Rainbow and her bad wigs? She tries so hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220May 15, 2019 1:55 PM

R200: france? seriously? What's wrong with the world. That song is pure crap and he is a mediocre singer, if a gay arab do well he must be Mahmood.

Anyway, last year they were top 3 (with a far better song) and didn't even end in the top 10

by Anonymousreply 221May 15, 2019 2:06 PM

Of the reactions to the semi results I've seen, this cutie has stuck with me the most. I just want to adopt him and then EAT him. He couldn't be more adorable if he tried.

r220 The nerves could explain the entitled vibe I got off him. But how does someone who looks like him lack confidence, Jesus Christ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222May 15, 2019 2:08 PM

r221 The French kid is selling a story and he's marketing his ass off, despite being a lousy singer. That's more than you can say for the UK entry who - just like every year - looks like he doesn't quite understand why he's there.

Of course he's going to bomb spectacularly. But the bitch looks and behaves as if he's owning the narrative right now, so this'll be a nice launching pad for whatever he wants to do next.

by Anonymousreply 223May 15, 2019 2:18 PM

R222, I think he lacks confidence because, despite his good looks, he knows he's kind of boring. I like him though. He's got a nice voice, just forgettable songs.

by Anonymousreply 224May 15, 2019 2:36 PM

[quote]So far the song contest will only feature the United States, but they are open for other countries to take part as the concept grows. The show producers believe starting with one country makes things a lot more feasible: it’s easier to have one country at launch, as dealing with multiple countries may be what is delaying the Eurovision Asia concept.

I want to watch this so bad, and I want to watch it NOW!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225May 15, 2019 3:06 PM

This version of Arcade sounds so good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226May 15, 2019 3:40 PM

r226 I posted it at r10 when it came out on Monday and someone crapped on it, saying it's too sad for Eurovision. Sadness aside, I think his vocals are just perfect there. He's the best vocalist this year in my mind, hands down.

by Anonymousreply 227May 15, 2019 3:45 PM

Robed monks spotted on Madonna's stage. So she's doing the Met Gala thing she did last year. Makes sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228May 15, 2019 4:14 PM

R228 Her performance is excellent time for late night snack.

by Anonymousreply 229May 15, 2019 4:16 PM

R223: Well french are very good at that, no matter how crappy it's a song (a film, a book) they are able to convince you it's the best thing ever.

Yes, the UK guy is the opposite, but he is a far better singer no matter what.

Eurovision needs to do something to try to balance the semifinals, the last two years all the decent songs were in one of the semis

by Anonymousreply 230May 15, 2019 5:41 PM

Will those delightful people at r2 do a livestream for tonight's jury show as well?

Eurgh, I kinda hate myself for not going in cold like in the previous years. I checked in a month in advance and now I have to know every fucking detail about everyone. It's like crack and I totally understand those Eurovision gays now who obsess over this stuff all year long. I'll probably end up at a Grand Final five years from now...

by Anonymousreply 231May 15, 2019 5:46 PM

Saw that Assi and his gorgeous hubby Alberto are both following Johan, the blond dancer for San Marino. Something tells me a threeway will happen in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

by Anonymousreply 232May 15, 2019 6:00 PM

[quote]Yes, the UK guy is the opposite, but he is a far better singer no matter what.

Of course he's a far better singer but he's a nothingburger when it comes to personality. I'm barely aware he's even there.

I agree about the semis being unbalanced but there's no way you could pre-judge the quality of the songs in advance (even roughly), before the juries and the audience have their say.

by Anonymousreply 233May 15, 2019 6:02 PM

r232 Damn, both following him definitely didn't happen by accident. Bitches know what they want and they're gonna get it. Nothing like exotic white flesh to celebrate a successful hosting gig, I always say.

by Anonymousreply 234May 15, 2019 6:07 PM

R233: True, but not all the personality in the world can compensate bad vocals (he improved but he is far from the best singers in the competition) and bad song

Roi has a nice message but in the end it's a bad song.

I agree that sometimes juries and televote surprise you (generally for the worst) but here we are not talking about a song or two. Even the songs with less possibilities to pass on the second semifinal would have a chance on semi 1, and of course two or three of the ones that'll be eliminated would pass the first semi without trouble.

Last year the winner of the second semi ended very far from the top 10, and the second totally flopped on televote.

Maybe Australia has a chance of ending top 10, but i think the rest will flop in the final. Cyprus only chances (even with the bad vocals) is that Switzerland and Malta end being eliminated in their semi (and i wouldn't be that surprised if Switzerland ends being eliminated)

by Anonymousreply 235May 15, 2019 6:08 PM

Russia could join Eurovision Asia along with Turkey.

by Anonymousreply 236May 15, 2019 6:10 PM

r235 I get all that but drawing randomly is still the fairest way to go. You get a better spot in some years than in others, just like in real life. Saying one semi is unbalanced is a judgment call made in hindsight, and the organisers have to be completely objective here. There's very little chance that the lowest-scoring songs at the cutoff point in each semi would go on to win the Grand Final, anyway.

The Big 5 and the hosting country automatically qualifying, and not all countries being allowed to vote at both semis fucks up the system much more, I think.

by Anonymousreply 237May 15, 2019 6:25 PM

R236: Maybe Turkey, but there's no way Russia will do it.

They love eurovision, they even love to talk trash about eurovision (their polititians do it a lot) but they know they will be totally ignored if they don't participate. IN most countries there won't be any mourning if Russia stops to participate, apart of their neighbours nobody missed them in 2017

by Anonymousreply 238May 15, 2019 6:28 PM

R231 I actually envy you. I think it's more fun to watch the show if you don't know much about the songs and the show in advance. If you watch all of the livestreams from the rehearsals and know all of the songs by heart the live show just isn't as interesting to watch.

But at the same time those livestreams are so much fun to watch and full of funny and awkward moments. I was watching the ESCunited livestream from the first rehearsal today and there was a hilarious moment when some very rude Isreali journalist interrupted those two guys and started asking them really bizarre questions in broken English ("What do you think about the freakshow from Iceland?") One of the guys was answering her questions while the other was rolling his eyes next to him. Their recollection of that interview right after it was hilarious too. Someone in livechat identified that woman as being some nationalistic Israeli reporter.

If anyone is interested, the awkward interview starts at the 3:23:20 mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239May 15, 2019 7:12 PM

Bad news about our queen Srbuk from Hayastan - apparently she had some serious technical issues during her jury performance and even took out her in-ear monitor while singing. If there really was a technical issue she'll probably be allowed to repeat the performance at the end but I still feel so bad for her.

by Anonymousreply 240May 15, 2019 7:19 PM

r239 I'm watching their jury reactions on delay now and want to eat the face off the guy in the middle.

When Srbuk had the earpiece problem, one of them said the juries are treating this as a rehearsal anyway. So are the jury scores today just provisional and they watch the semi again with the rest of us, and adjust their scores?

by Anonymousreply 241May 15, 2019 7:48 PM

R241 I caught that remark too and this certainly isn't a rehearsal - the juries are sitting at the seats of their national broadcasters right now watching this and scoring it. Maybe he was trying to say that the juries saw she has obvious problems and treated the rest of her performance as a rehearsal.

by Anonymousreply 242May 15, 2019 7:54 PM

Srbuk is so unlucky because she had similar problems at the Eurovision concert in Amsterdam too and seemed very angry at the end of the song. And that was just some silly concert in front of a few screaming queens so I can't imagine how frustrated and pissed off she must be right now. Maybe she's being sabotaged by Azerbaijan LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 15, 2019 7:57 PM

I've now watched three different livestreams where people all commented on how beautiful and pearly white Jonida Maliqi's teeth are. I can't wait to see that for myself tomorrow night to see if it's true because I absolutely love people with flawless teeth.

by Anonymousreply 244May 15, 2019 8:07 PM

Everyone and their grandpa in the press centre were throwing their jockstraps at Hänni so I can't wait to see him perform tomorrow.

r244 Veneers, fake tits... she's all fake. But she draped herself in a pride flag so I guess I like her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245May 15, 2019 8:19 PM

Apparently Jonida's eagle has returned but it's just on a LED screen in the background and it's not the same one that scared the shit out of everyone in the press center during the first rehearsals. Watching people reacting to that CGI eagle (which suddenly popped out of nowhere and looked terribly fake) was hilarious. It's just sad we'll never get to see what it looked like.

Here's hottie Jack from wiwibloggs reacting to it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 15, 2019 8:27 PM

And the ESCunited guys' reaction:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 15, 2019 8:27 PM

The press centre being completely dead during Russia's performance (and not in a good way) made me so happy. I need to see that fucker bomb.

by Anonymousreply 248May 15, 2019 8:57 PM

R248 What do you think of this conspiracy theory: some people think that Russia is definitely winning on Saturday night because there's no way a star of Sergey Vyacheslavovich's stature would return so soon to Eurovision if he wasn't absolutely sure in winning. And since his song and staging leave much to be desired, some people now think that Russia has already secured their victory by other means (₽ ₽ ₽) and that they're already secretly planning a 2020 Eurovision in St. Petersburg.

Anyway, here's a one minute clip of the Dutch performance. This actually works better on screen than Soldi does:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249May 15, 2019 9:03 PM

Holy crap, I've just seen the leaked Croatian performance. That has to be the kitschiest and most over-the-top staging this year (and I mean this as a compliment). Those ripped shirtless angels had me drooling all over my laptop keyboard. I don't think it will qualify (because the song still sucks big time) but I wouldn't be surprised if it does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250May 15, 2019 9:12 PM

r249 I don't believe that for a second. It's just his ego and Russia's immense thirst that have brought him to Tel Aviv. He ain't winning shit. And if he does, I'm legit skipping the show next year.

r250 Oh, boy, that sure is A LOT. I cringed when the guys on the livestream said the gay angels were now painted in gold. And they still don't know how to dress his figure properly. He looks like a fucking pear!

by Anonymousreply 251May 15, 2019 9:19 PM

R248: Most of the guys covering eurovision seem to love Sergey (and i think he was the first russian singer not being booed in a long time when he performed in 2016).

But i don't think Russia has a chance. Maybe they will win on televote, but if You are the only one did not that well with juries Scream has no chances to do better. He will end top 5 for sure, but i don't think he'll win.

Of course Eurovision sometimes has wicked ways.

I remember 2002 where a song that was on the last positions on the odds won (great staging, awful song), or the next year where Belgium was the biggest candidate to end with zero votes and ended second only a point behind Turkey (and ahead Tatu).

There are big faves that flop hard, like France some years ago, or even Kate Ryan and Dj Bobo being eliminated in the semifinals.

But in recent years all winners were between the big favourites

by Anonymousreply 252May 15, 2019 9:22 PM

This twitter account has clips from many of tonight's performances (the way they're actually gonna look on TV).

I can't believe how underwhelming Italy looks. It just doesn't translate well to TV and those dancers are totally redundant. On the other hand, I'm actually slowly starting to get winner vibes from the Netherlands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253May 15, 2019 9:24 PM

Well, Italy had some problems with the staging two years ago when they were the big favourites. For some reason the performance fell flat (even with that they ended sixth).

There's a spanish tv channel that use Arcade on their promos for some weeks, so for some casual spanish viewers The Netherlands will be more familiar than they think when they will watch the show

by Anonymousreply 254May 15, 2019 9:29 PM

Has any reporter asked the German sapphic schwestern what their song is [italic]actually[/italic] about, at the end of the day? I still don't understand and I was even more confused after watching the official music video. Love the subtle shade by the livestream guy: "The harmonies are nice"

But damn, that sentence at the end: "Stay true to yourself... and to your sisters" just about killed me. The cringiest thing I've heard in a while, but then again I avoid the green room chats and interviews in general, so I'm sure there were way worse things said in the past week.

by Anonymousreply 255May 15, 2019 9:29 PM

[quote] But damn, that sentence at the end: "Stay true to yourself... and to your sisters" just about killed me.

That's nothing compared to the even cringier line they used at the end of their second rehearsal: "If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my sis!" They used it after all three of their run throughs so I'm pretty sure they were going to use it during the actual performance as well, but I'm glad someone talked them out of it.

And unfortunately they got rid of the stock lesbian imagery. Too bad, I was looking forward to having a good laugh over those pics on Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 256May 15, 2019 9:36 PM

[quote]"If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my sis!"

W-T-F?! Seriously, they need to cut this shit out immediately. Just pick either the lesbionic or the sisterly vibe - this straddling of both at the same time turns my stomach. And that's coming from someone who very much enjoys watching gay incest porn.

by Anonymousreply 257May 15, 2019 9:41 PM

I think that line was supposed to be a reference to Spice Girls' "Wannabe". But it just felt out of place and like the cringiest cringe that ever cringed. I think Daddy Serhat and lesbionic Kraut Sistahs are going to fight for the last place this year.

So it looks like Srbuk didn't perform again. I think we won't see Hayastan qualifying, unfortunately. Here's hoping that the jurors realized she had some difficulties and gave her some pity points.

by Anonymousreply 258May 15, 2019 9:46 PM

during Dana's "kiss cams", when the 2 men kissed, the Belarus commentator on their national TV said ""Oh, my goodness! Maybe we'd better not watch!".

by Anonymousreply 259May 15, 2019 10:00 PM

r259 Deplorable but not surprising. I was wondering how many countries showed that segment and how many had the commercials on at the time.

by Anonymousreply 260May 15, 2019 10:04 PM

[bold]Eurovision 2019: Belarus TV host's homophobic remarks condemned[/bold]

[quote]Yavhen Perlin was providing live commentary during the semi-finals on 14 May, when a "kiss-cam" zoomed into affectionate couples during the performance by Israel's transgender pop diva Dana International. "They are sending the kiss-cam across the hall! Let's see what we get!" Mr Perlin said.

[quote]But after the first couple caught by the camera appeared to be two men kissing, the presenter reacted: "Oh, my goodness! Maybe we'd better not watch!" When the camera moved on to a man and a woman having a smooch, he added, with a sense of relief: "Ok, so far so good!" But a few seconds later, another male couple were shown kissing, at which point the presenter exclaimed: "Oh, come on!" He went on to say that he hoped the cameramen will "finally find some cool couples" in the audience.

[quote]As Dana International was performing Bruno Mars's song Just The Way You Are, the Belarusian presenter remarked: "Dana is singing that love has no religion, no boundaries, no racial or any other limits. But you know, I want values to preserve their value, so that love remains love."

As the great Anjelica Huston remarked recently, "You get the face you deserve - have you seen him recently?" Well, I see him in this photo and he looks like a fucking pig, so that's definitely true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261May 15, 2019 10:32 PM

The funniest thing about this Belarus thing is that one of the queeniest guy to ever grace the Eurovision stage came from there:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262May 15, 2019 10:49 PM

Czech Hunter 108, Debt Dandy 46, and Dirty Scout 25.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263May 16, 2019 12:51 PM

R250 over the top staging and hot shirtless guys are pure Eurovision

by Anonymousreply 264May 16, 2019 1:14 PM

But is the camp intentional? I can only get off on it if I know for certain it's not.

by Anonymousreply 265May 16, 2019 1:24 PM

The Azeri special efect that everyone is talking about. Is it me or does this actually look fucking awful? This performance must be the most overhyped right now along with the French one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266May 16, 2019 1:26 PM

r266 Looks cheap and awful. From what I've seen of his jury performance, his staging in general looks kitchy to me. I know he'll qualify and he should, but that's about where it stops.

by Anonymousreply 267May 16, 2019 1:31 PM

I think the Moldovan hologram looks cooler. Moldova really threw everything but the kitchen sink in their staging this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268May 16, 2019 1:34 PM

Could barely fall asleep last night as Australia's "hihihihihi" kept repeating in my head.

r268 That looks way cooler, although I can't for the life of me recall what her song sounds like. Not a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 269May 16, 2019 1:53 PM

I've seen the Armenian TV clip from last night and it did not look good. Srbuk actually didn't sound bad and I didn't notice her having any technical issues - I think all that pointing to her ears, which some people interpreted as her trying to say she's having earpiece issues, was just part of her choreography. But the staging is a big letdown - she looks a bit awkward wandering around that big stage all alone for 3 minutes and some of her moves look a bit clunky. But I do love the very last shot, where she lets out an angry scream, sassily turns around and walks away.

I'm afraid we can forget about Hayastan qualifying tonight...Which makes me very depressed, because she's still so much better than all of the crap that is guaranteed to go through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270May 16, 2019 1:56 PM

I don't have much hope for the Norwegian song. I don't think we will go through to the final, but I hope I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 271May 16, 2019 1:58 PM

I know it will be a difficult semi-final to go through (perhaps even the most difficult one since the semi-finals were introduced) but I totally think Norway will make it because they did a great job at the jury show last night. I know the juries usually don't go for schlager-y songs like that one but they really sounded amazing yesterday and I think the juries respected that. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for them.

by Anonymousreply 272May 16, 2019 2:08 PM

I was wondering when the Norwegian DLer was going to chime in. Tommy has such a sweet voice, I can't wait to hear him tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273May 16, 2019 2:09 PM

R273 It seems to me that DL Eurovision threads bring the same small group of people together each year - there's the Norwegian guy from Porsgrunn, the Finn, the Slovenian guy who likes his barely legal twinks, the Spanish guy and a few others.

by Anonymousreply 274May 16, 2019 2:13 PM

I think only The Netherlands, Russia, Azerbaijan and Sweden are sure shots on this semifinal

by Anonymousreply 275May 16, 2019 2:24 PM

r274 So true! And also the Italian guy who gets really emotionally attached to the Italian entry every year, regardless of how much it sucks. And the Austrian guy with the same problem.

[quote]the Slovenian guy who likes his barely legal twinks

Jesus, that makes me sound [italic]really[/italic] bad but to be fair, Eurovision and only Eurovision brings that out in me. I'm very much into normally-aged Latinos otherwise. That's exactly why Mahmood and the gay host are my favourite ones this year, and all the rest come a distant second.

by Anonymousreply 276May 16, 2019 2:26 PM

I think we're heading to Amsterdam next year. The only country which might endanger Duncan's victory is Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 277May 16, 2019 2:27 PM

R276: The italian entries rarely suck, they are by far the best country since they return

by Anonymousreply 278May 16, 2019 2:27 PM

Still don't understand Sweden's appeal and I get more confused the more I listen to the song. It would make more sense to me as a trio of fabulous female singers, but the male lead singer is such a non-entity on the stage, he just loses me.

r278 Clocked the Italian! Well, that offensive oriental song counts for two full years of suckage, that's how much it sucked.

by Anonymousreply 279May 16, 2019 2:30 PM

To be honest i'm a little bit tired of how overrated is sweden on eurovision, but after a not so great first listen the truth is Too late for love is a good song

R279: That song has absolutely nothing of offenssive, it mocked people who deserved to be mocked. It was a funny and catchy song

by Anonymousreply 280May 16, 2019 2:41 PM

R274. Yes, I agree. And I'm the Swiss guy who bitches every year that participating countries should be obliged to sing in their native language. Still makes me crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281May 16, 2019 2:45 PM

Too Late For Love feels so generic and overly-polished and that is not what gospel-ish music like that should feel like. I think those black mamas should push Lundvik into the fan pit and continue the song without him. It would be a bit more tolerable in that case.

And Lundvik has already been inducted into my "Most Punchable Eurovision Face Hall of Fame", where other artists such as Basim, Alexander Rybak, Isis Gee and Jacques Houdek already reside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282May 16, 2019 2:53 PM

Who's that in the pic?

by Anonymousreply 283May 16, 2019 2:57 PM

r280 Oh, I do love you! Knew exactly which button I needed to push and I just couldn't help myself. You can rest in the knowledge that I'm rooting for Mahmood this year, even though I'm iffy on the staging and don't think I should be lectured on pride by someone in a glass closet.

r281 So you're not pleased with Hänni, then? But how can that be? Everyone loves Hänni!

by Anonymousreply 284May 16, 2019 2:57 PM

r283 American singer Tamara Gee, née Isis.

by Anonymousreply 285May 16, 2019 2:59 PM

R283 Miss Isis Gee, the scary American frau who sang for Poland about a decade ago. She's like every possible American cliché rolled into one: blinding bleached teeth, platinum blonde hair, fake tan and a pair of oversized plastic bolt-ons (and I'm sure she has an annoying vocal fry as well).

You must also check out her Wikipedia page, which has obviously been written by Miss Gee herself (she now goes by the name Tamara Gee). It's mentioned at least 6 different times that her voice has been compared to Celine Dion's in this article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 16, 2019 3:00 PM

[quote]And Lundvik has already been inducted into my "Most Punchable Eurovision Face Hall of Fame", where other artists such as Basim, Alexander Rybak, Isis Gee and Jacques Houdek already reside.

That is a supremely strong Backpfeifengesicht lineup. Good job!

by Anonymousreply 287May 16, 2019 3:01 PM

Miss Gee recently had her tits enlarged yet again. She's starting to look like an Eastern European porn star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288May 16, 2019 3:06 PM

The Netherlands and Sweden should be two sure one into the final. Less than two hours to show time.

by Anonymousreply 289May 16, 2019 5:07 PM

Rooting for The Netherlands, Norway, Ireland, Switzerland, Malta, Azerbaijan, and Macedonia tonight, in that order. Don't care about the rest.

Poor Jurij and his chemsex song. The press centre was so quiet yesterday during the jury show because everyone agrees it's the most generic Eurovision schlock ever.

by Anonymousreply 290May 16, 2019 5:18 PM

I’m a New Yorker who championed Francesco Gabbani’s song a few years ago. I thought it was far better than that derivative, saccharin piece of shit by that Portuguese creep. I still do.

by Anonymousreply 291May 16, 2019 6:11 PM

For the person upthread asking about who to follow on Twitter during Eurovision, I quite like the TV writer Chris Schleicher. In general, not just during the Grand Final. As for his top song picks, well, it's pretty much what you'd expect from an L.A. homo. Good taste in men, though.

[quote]I’m a New Yorker

Oh?

[quote]who championed Francesco Gabbani’s song a few years ago.

Oh, no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292May 16, 2019 6:31 PM

[quote]Madonna to perform new single 'Future' with Quavo

So instead of Maluma, we're getting this douche? Well, that's just great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293May 16, 2019 6:43 PM

Madonna even had the nerve to kick that annoying Christer Björkman (the contest's producer) out of the hall while rehearsing. Just for that the old hag will always have my respect.

by Anonymousreply 294May 16, 2019 6:47 PM

Gay kiss cam repeated in case some deplorable missed it, good!

by Anonymousreply 295May 16, 2019 7:01 PM

Assi looking positively radiant after his San Marino facial...

by Anonymousreply 296May 16, 2019 7:04 PM

First from the 2nd semi

by Anonymousreply 297May 16, 2019 7:06 PM

Flawless vocals but the shirtless gay dancers from the music video are where?!

by Anonymousreply 298May 16, 2019 7:08 PM

The Irish chick looks scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299May 16, 2019 7:11 PM

The Irish songstress is a bit of a space cadet, isn't she? Nice voice, though, but pretty one-note.

by Anonymousreply 300May 16, 2019 7:12 PM

That sand gimmick looks silly, because it's not even done live - that thing we see in the background has been prerecorded and the sand lady only fakes it.

by Anonymousreply 301May 16, 2019 7:15 PM

I can't believe the Moldovan singer is 27. She has nasolabial folds of a 45-year old.

But I'm impressed by how good her English pronunciation is because she doesn't even speak English. Other artists who have to travel around with interpreters this year are Joci, Chingiz and Srbuk (but Srbuk did say that she started taking English lessons 4 months ago).

by Anonymousreply 302May 16, 2019 7:16 PM

I wish Moldova would have had little more variations in its song. She had voice for it.

by Anonymousreply 303May 16, 2019 7:18 PM

R296, that San Marino dancer is only good as a cum depot. I gather Assi and Alberto are lining him up for a party following the final, where he will be paid a handsome sum to get fucked by the singer from Spain whilst blowing Victor Crone. And of course at least 50 of the Israeli velvet mafia will be in attendance to enjoy the spectacle.

by Anonymousreply 304May 16, 2019 7:18 PM

Gays in Tel Aviv scream when Swiss hottie entered.

by Anonymousreply 305May 16, 2019 7:18 PM

HÄNNI !!!

[quote]But I'm impressed by how good her English pronunciation is because she doesn't even speak English.

Yes, that is genuinely amazing.

by Anonymousreply 306May 16, 2019 7:18 PM

The Swiss twink looks so tiny. I think I read somewhere he's 165 cm tall.

by Anonymousreply 307May 16, 2019 7:19 PM

Such a sexist song but it makes me dance so what can I do?

by Anonymousreply 308May 16, 2019 7:20 PM

That female dancer behind Luca with the scary grin on her face already danced with Eleni last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309May 16, 2019 7:21 PM

Remember me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310May 16, 2019 7:21 PM

The gays in the audience couldn't believe what just happened, such is the power of Hänni.

by Anonymousreply 311May 16, 2019 7:22 PM

Latvia’s song would be suitable for a bar in Riga. Nice but not the right arena. R311 Hänni sold it to those gays in front. Those places are sold to people who are part of ESC fan club.

by Anonymousreply 312May 16, 2019 7:24 PM

r304 You took me THERE with that description!

by Anonymousreply 313May 16, 2019 7:24 PM

I can't believe EBU allowed them to film the Romanian postcard on Golan Heights.

by Anonymousreply 314May 16, 2019 7:26 PM

Israel has mountains and snow?!

by Anonymousreply 315May 16, 2019 7:26 PM

Those flamethrowers are completely out of pace, Romania.

by Anonymousreply 316May 16, 2019 7:27 PM

*place, even

by Anonymousreply 317May 16, 2019 7:27 PM

Romania’s singer is from Quebec. Will she follow Céline’s footsteps? I doubt it. I remember Céline’s performance in 1988 and thoughts who is she? What a voice!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318May 16, 2019 7:28 PM

One of Romania's dancers...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319May 16, 2019 7:29 PM

R315 Golan Heights are Syrian territory that has been occupied by Israel since 1967.

by Anonymousreply 320May 16, 2019 7:30 PM

The Romanian singer looked so pretty on the orange carpet. It's a shame she always looks so scary onstage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321May 16, 2019 7:31 PM

Thanks, R313!

by Anonymousreply 322May 16, 2019 7:32 PM

Sweden! Always one of the favorite. The singer wrote UK’s song, too. Sweden always sends top songs,

by Anonymousreply 323May 16, 2019 7:37 PM

What schlock this is. And why did it take half a song for those ladies to join him?

by Anonymousreply 324May 16, 2019 7:40 PM

Swedish songs usually appeal to people with very lowbrow taste. I made my mom (who's a typical middle-aged frau with horrible taste in music) listen to some of this year's songs a few days ago and she said the Swedish song is the only one she liked.

She's like Paul the Octupus of Eurovision because her favorites always end in top 3 so I'm afraid that annoying negro might actually win.

by Anonymousreply 325May 16, 2019 7:43 PM

Maybe she (Austria) could have tried an octave lower?

by Anonymousreply 326May 16, 2019 7:43 PM

Austria's is too intense and breathy for Eurovision.

by Anonymousreply 327May 16, 2019 7:44 PM

Holy shit, did you hear her MURDER that one note just now?!

by Anonymousreply 328May 16, 2019 7:44 PM

I can see Austria as one of the shock qualifiers.

by Anonymousreply 329May 16, 2019 7:44 PM

Topless golden male dancers with wings! The singer is good and deserved better song and better stylist.

by Anonymousreply 330May 16, 2019 7:46 PM

Roko has all the potential to make a cute twink but that haircut and outfit make him look like a middle-aged lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 331May 16, 2019 7:47 PM

Gay angels are looking... cummy. As in, covered in cum.

by Anonymousreply 332May 16, 2019 7:47 PM

Malta had a nice postcard. She's a bit flat on the lower notes, though.

by Anonymousreply 333May 16, 2019 7:50 PM

Wow, the Maltese staging was pure eye-candy. It's just a shame they didn't go with some more experienced singer because Michaela didn't really look relaxed on that stage and she looks like the kind of a person who'd be more fit to sing ballads. If some better singer performed that song with staging like that they'd actually have a chance to win this whole thing.

And another sad thing about Malta was Miss Destiny Chukunyere, who provided backvocals for her. This girl sounds like young Aretha Franklin (and she already won the Junior Eurovision a few years ago) so to have someone like her providing backvocals hidden somewhere in the backstage for Michaela (who is a far inferior singer) just seems wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334May 16, 2019 7:52 PM

Damn, Jurij jumped from a plane for his postcard? I like him so much but his song sucks.

by Anonymousreply 335May 16, 2019 7:53 PM

Next hot one, Juru. I couldn’t choose who I would take to my bed but I wouldn’t send him away from my door. Wide range in vocals.

by Anonymousreply 336May 16, 2019 7:55 PM

I actually liked Lithuania and its simple staging (and I'm not saying that just because I have 30 bucks riding on him qualifying). Can you imagine a country like Azerbaijan staging a song called "Run with the Lions"? They'd probably have their singer running away from CGI lion holograms on the stage.

Jurijus' face was more than enough to keep me entertained for 3 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 337May 16, 2019 7:56 PM

Hate him, hate the song, and hate the steppe he rode out of. Go home already, you thirsty bitch.

by Anonymousreply 338May 16, 2019 8:02 PM

Russia, can one forget the politics and enjoy the song? Sergey has good voice and the song is well produced.

by Anonymousreply 339May 16, 2019 8:02 PM

That water cabin part of the Russian performance looks unintentionally hilarious. He looks like a mental institution patient they are giving a shock cold shower to.

by Anonymousreply 340May 16, 2019 8:03 PM

Israel has waterfalls?!

by Anonymousreply 341May 16, 2019 8:04 PM

R339 continues, so difficult to like Russia because I hate the politics of the country. Sorry, I can’t. But it will get to the final and will get lots of votes from Eastern Europe.

by Anonymousreply 342May 16, 2019 8:04 PM

I can definitely see now why Jonida's teeth made such an impression on everyone during the rehearsals. You almost need sunglasses to look at her mouth.

She probably won't qualify but damn, what a set of pipes on that one! And I fucking love the sound of Albanian langauge.

by Anonymousreply 343May 16, 2019 8:05 PM

That last note in the Albanian song sounded a bit odd.

by Anonymousreply 344May 16, 2019 8:07 PM

The lovely Tom next!

by Anonymousreply 345May 16, 2019 8:08 PM

Norway has parts in its song which are close to Finland’s song from few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 346May 16, 2019 8:09 PM

The Norwegian chick's singing of that intro has improved so much since their national selection, good for her.

by Anonymousreply 347May 16, 2019 8:10 PM

Tom's femmy voice makes me so happy. That stag in the back looked gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 348May 16, 2019 8:12 PM

Yaaaaassss, KeiiNO slayed! I'll throw a major bitch fit if this doesn't go through.

R346 You're probably talking about Saara Aalto's song from last year. The choruses do sound very similar.

by Anonymousreply 349May 16, 2019 8:12 PM

Winner next!

by Anonymousreply 350May 16, 2019 8:12 PM

Norway is good!

by Anonymousreply 351May 16, 2019 8:12 PM

The Netherlands, might win this year. Big favorite. I like this a lot. And next cute singer.

by Anonymousreply 352May 16, 2019 8:13 PM

R349 Yes. I forgot it was last year.

by Anonymousreply 353May 16, 2019 8:14 PM

Holland feels super boring after that bop from Norway.

by Anonymousreply 354May 16, 2019 8:14 PM

I can see Holland winning but the song is just a bit too meh for me. And that lamp looked like something that came from IKEA. It reminded me of Valentina Monetta's lamp from 2013 (which actually was bought in IKEA).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355May 16, 2019 8:15 PM

Super Important Song from Macedonia.

by Anonymousreply 356May 16, 2019 8:17 PM

Former Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia has the most boring song this year. But I'm sure the juries will eat this shit up, with its female empowerment message.

by Anonymousreply 357May 16, 2019 8:18 PM

I still can't decide if I find the Dutch guy cute or not.

He said in an interview that he was often bullied as a kid because he was fat, freckled and wore braces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358May 16, 2019 8:19 PM

Azerbaijan never shies away from sex appeal. Shameless selling. Hot singers big show sell well.

by Anonymousreply 359May 16, 2019 8:22 PM

Chingiz looks so hot but that's pretty much the only likeable thing about the Azerbaijan this year.

I'm glad he got rid of that gross mane he was sporting in the past.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360May 16, 2019 8:23 PM

The Azerbaijani guy would be a killer entry if he could dance.

by Anonymousreply 361May 16, 2019 8:24 PM

Oh, boy, they showed the worse notes for Albania's entry just now.

by Anonymousreply 362May 16, 2019 8:31 PM

Anyone brave enough to post his predictions?

I'm going with: Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Norway, the Netherlands, Former Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Azerbaijan

I think Romania will sneak in too (thanks to its diaspora) but I'm not sure whose place she'll take (I sure hope it won't be a country like Norway).

by Anonymousreply 363May 16, 2019 8:35 PM

Is Lior Suchard the Israeli Derren Brown or something? I stan a scamming queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364May 16, 2019 8:40 PM

Vote for Lithuania, bitches. If I lose those 30 pounds I'll have to survive on nothing but ramen noodles and water until my next paycheck rolls in.

by Anonymousreply 365May 16, 2019 8:43 PM

Already jealous of the guy who will get to console Jurij after tonight's disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 366May 16, 2019 8:47 PM

I want to know about previous set fixtures bought at Ikea.

by Anonymousreply 367May 16, 2019 8:50 PM

Ha, Assi used the Insta photo I posted at r13 for Mahmood!

by Anonymousreply 368May 16, 2019 8:59 PM

Italian song doesn’t seem to work on stage at all. Who chose his shirt?

by Anonymousreply 369May 16, 2019 9:00 PM

Michael Rice's accent sounds pretty grating.

by Anonymousreply 370May 16, 2019 9:00 PM

Poor English lad out of tune off key.

by Anonymousreply 371May 16, 2019 9:01 PM

WIkipedia says he's from Durham. That makes sense - Brit accents from those parts are pretty awful.

by Anonymousreply 372May 16, 2019 9:02 PM

Michael RIce was pretty shit in that clip, actually, and he usually sounds amazing.

by Anonymousreply 373May 16, 2019 9:02 PM

r369 He apparently changes the shirt for every performance in Tel Aviv so he'll wear something else on Saturday. It did look very heavy and stiff with that gold splurged over it.

by Anonymousreply 374May 16, 2019 9:04 PM

FFYROM's first qualification since 2012. I'm kind of happy for them.

by Anonymousreply 375May 16, 2019 9:05 PM

So weird, starting with Macedonia like that.

Duncan!

by Anonymousreply 376May 16, 2019 9:06 PM

Sofia Vergara of Albania is in too!

by Anonymousreply 377May 16, 2019 9:06 PM

Albania, a shocking qualifier.

Sweden, gross.

by Anonymousreply 378May 16, 2019 9:07 PM

DENMARK?! No fucking way. People who voted for that twee shit deserve to die a painful death.

by Anonymousreply 379May 16, 2019 9:08 PM

So glad the Viking trio got in.

by Anonymousreply 380May 16, 2019 9:08 PM

Azeri guy showing off his guns, he's so fucking dumb but I love him.

Denmark, WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 381May 16, 2019 9:08 PM

Munchkin from Switzerland is in too.

by Anonymousreply 382May 16, 2019 9:09 PM

Hot guys in the final. R381 great arms as Swedish guy

by Anonymousreply 383May 16, 2019 9:10 PM

OF COURSE Hänni's magic butt got through.

by Anonymousreply 384May 16, 2019 9:10 PM

It was so sad to see Srbuk on the verge of tears just now.

by Anonymousreply 385May 16, 2019 9:10 PM

Nooooooo, Lithuania is out! MY MONEY!!! You can't even rely on Lithuania's once mighty diaspora these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386May 16, 2019 9:12 PM

Denmark is tonight's San Marino. That ugly figure-skating bitch took Austria and Armenia's place.

by Anonymousreply 387May 16, 2019 9:15 PM

The two Norwegian guys look like such fun. The Russian guy is all alone on the stage because no one likes him. The curse of the striving necrotic narcissist, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 388May 16, 2019 9:15 PM

r387 Armenia, maybe, but Austria? No, she botched that song almost as bad as the Albanian singer.

by Anonymousreply 389May 16, 2019 9:16 PM

I'm very happy for Norway, and very sad for Armenia (in my opinion way better than any of the songs of the first semifinal).

I'm not too fond of the swiss song but they deserved to qualify after so many years of dissapointments. But with Cyprus, Switzerland and Malta probably two and maybe the three are going to flop in the final.

I still don't understand the appeal of Denmark, it's a cute song but in this semifinal she should have been eliminated

by Anonymousreply 390May 16, 2019 9:22 PM

Denmark has one of those "normal" songs that the normies love so much. But yes, it's an outrage that it's qualified.

by Anonymousreply 391May 16, 2019 9:25 PM

That Danish cunt's song felt more suited for a Junior Eurovison.

Did the cameraman really have to show us teary-eyed Srbuk? That sight made me seriously depressed - it was just shocking to see someone who looks so badass and powerful on the stage in such a fragile state. I haven't been this upset by someone not qualifying ever since the Montenegrin astrounauts failed to go through to the final in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 392May 16, 2019 9:26 PM

I see exactly three reasons why this one qualified: the L.A. veneers, the left tit, and the right tit. She looks like a porn star and straight guys want to motorboat that shit BAD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393May 16, 2019 9:29 PM

Jonida should give the Danish cunt her dentist's phone number. I'd gladly take Jonida's veneers over Leonora's jacked up teeth anytime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394May 16, 2019 9:31 PM

Why did the audience go WOAH when Hänni first came onto the stage? Did all that deep red come as a shock to their system or was it something else? Were they blinded by his charisma? Seemed weird.

r394 Aww, I like her janky teeth. So much more character in them than in Jonida's standard-order chompers. It's her dead eyes that get to me, though.

by Anonymousreply 395May 16, 2019 9:37 PM

Lucca and Tommy sitting together at the presser. 😍

by Anonymousreply 396May 16, 2019 9:47 PM

I think we underestimated Jonida's chances of qualification because we didn't understand the lyrics of her song - her song is all about calling the Albanians who live scattered across the world back home (its title actually means "Return to the Land").

I'm sure it really struck a chord with the Albanian diaspora and made even the Shqips who usually don't pick up the phone and vote do so.

by Anonymousreply 397May 16, 2019 9:47 PM

Was it the first time Duncan said he was bisexual openly?

by Anonymousreply 398May 16, 2019 10:05 PM

The garish Balmain whore on Sergey's right... Who is she? Where did you find her?!

r398 Watching the presser on mute as it's too cringe for me. Did someone really ask him about that? But yeah, he's mentioned it before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399May 16, 2019 10:09 PM

Prepare for the inevitable Jacques Houdek annual FB meltdown - Roko already spoke up about having some serious problems with fog machine during his performance, which left out so much smoke it was literally suffocating him at the beginning of his performance.

Here's the comparison between yesterday's jury show and tonight's performance. Something definitely didn't look right tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400May 16, 2019 10:12 PM

r400 Yes, it's the lack of fog at the start that did it! Ooh, how I hate that bitch Houdek.

by Anonymousreply 401May 16, 2019 10:15 PM

That reminds me of Nina Sublatti's smoke machine back in 2015, which went bonkers and accidentally let out so much fog it made her almost invisible in wide shots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402May 16, 2019 10:16 PM

R399 The presser didn't ask him but he said he wanted to use Eurovision as opportunity to present himself to the people that he wasn't just a songwriter and that he was bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 403May 16, 2019 10:17 PM

R401 You got it wrong - the screencap above is from yesterday's show and the one below is from tonight. The problem today is that there was TOO MUCH smoke.

by Anonymousreply 404May 16, 2019 10:17 PM

R399 Philipp Kirkorov

by Anonymousreply 405May 16, 2019 10:22 PM

[quote][R399] Philipp Kirkorov

and on his left Katerina Orlova, head of the Russian delegation

by Anonymousreply 406May 16, 2019 10:25 PM

r405 Thanks! So fab. Can he be Jon Ola Sand's successor? Serious question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407May 16, 2019 10:26 PM

Kirkorov with his BFF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408May 16, 2019 10:35 PM

Why didn't they paint the Croatian angels all in gold? Like I've said upthread, those random splotches just look like dried crusty semen to me. Though I'm sure the angels are being Ubered to Assi's residence as I type, along with Jurij, so no tears from them tonight.

r408 I stan a quisling queen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409May 16, 2019 10:41 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Russkies actually think Kirkorov is straight. They've been brainwashed into thinking that homosexuality is something that exists only in the west, while queeny East European guys are only "artistic" a bit (or still looking for the right girl). That's why Russians and Ukrainians find local drag queens like Verka Serduchka hilarious but others like Conchita Wurst gross.

R409 I agree, that make-up did look weird. And it looks even stranger when viewed from up-close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410May 16, 2019 10:48 PM

r410 Wow, you aren't joking, that sucks even from up-close. They should've just stopped at the golden foundation. Which itself didn't translate at all on TV, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 411May 16, 2019 10:54 PM

A loveable oaf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412May 16, 2019 11:12 PM

The staging for the Croatian staging was ludicrous but I actually liked the song itself over most of the others. And, yeah, the song from North Macedonia is a bit too smug but the melody is OK and the singer was very good. Not a fan of the Netherlands or Swedish entries-both completely derivative and tuneless.

by Anonymousreply 413May 17, 2019 4:16 AM

I'm so happy the Norwegian song made it to the final.

by Anonymousreply 414May 17, 2019 5:40 AM

R414 Congratulations! Norway remains the only Scandinavian country which sends decent songs to Eurovision from time to time.

Here's the running order of the songs for tomorrow's grand final. Poor Malta has been sacrificed for the opening slot, while Miki will expectedly be closing the show. Sergey Vyacheslavovich and his plexiglass shower cabin will be on as #5, meaning no one will remember that shitty song anymore by the end of the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415May 17, 2019 7:15 AM

R415 Thanks :) It's Norwegian Constitution Day today too, so this was good news. Gratulerer med dagen 🇳🇴

by Anonymousreply 416May 17, 2019 7:26 AM

I'm a Francophile but that French song makes me wanna barf

by Anonymousreply 417May 17, 2019 8:50 AM

The Norwegian and the Dutch songs are the only ones I've rewatched multiple times since last night and I can't believe I missed Tom botching one of the lines. Nerves? Oh, and I've rewatched the Austrian one as well, but only because I couldn't believe how badly she ruined that one note.

Biggest shock of the evening for me? Honestly, it might have been seeing Michael Rice murder his song in the prerecorded bit from the rehearsals. What the hell happened there?

by Anonymousreply 418May 17, 2019 11:33 AM

R415: Five is not a bad position to sing, one and two are like the kiss of death and the best positions are 12 and 13.

I think The Netherlands has the potential to be an european hit if it wins

by Anonymousreply 419May 17, 2019 11:49 AM

Australia is second to last, is that a good spot?

by Anonymousreply 420May 17, 2019 1:01 PM

r420 Yes, a very good spot! Anything around the middle and then towards the end has a good chance of leaving an impression on people.

by Anonymousreply 421May 17, 2019 1:04 PM

Victor Crone just posted a video on Instagram singing on his guitar crosslegged with bare feet. Jesus, he’s got beautiful feet.

by Anonymousreply 422May 17, 2019 1:05 PM

Which doesn't mean at all the song is going to have a good reception, but yes, it's better than the first spots.

I still remember Amaia when they told her they will sing the second, she described it very well when she said Shit

by Anonymousreply 423May 17, 2019 1:06 PM

I'm just so delighted that the Albanian porn star who ruined her own song last night got the death spot. She sacrificed her tits so that the others could live.

by Anonymousreply 424May 17, 2019 1:08 PM

R416 Never heard of that holiday before so I did a quick online research on it:

[quote] After the Napoleonic Wars, the defeated Denmark-Norway (the countries were part of the same union at the time, and were also known as Oldeburg Monarchy) was to cede Norway to Sweden. Rather than allow that to happen, Norway declared themselves an independent kingdom through their Constitution in 1814.

Whew, you Norgies really dodged a bullet there, didn't you? Imagine being ceded to a country that keeps sending crap like John Lundvik to Eurovision... Now I feel like celebrating that holiday too, because if that thing hadn't happened back in 1814 we probably wouldn't have the chance to admire these three at this year's Eurovision:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425May 17, 2019 1:43 PM

This made me chuckle. Anyone know why Duncan was dressed so plainly, like a pensioner? You can go for understated and let the song speak for itself AND still wear something more stylish and suited to the event.

In unrelated news, I wish the Swiss song were more bisexual in nature so I could stan it harder. My inner feminist keeps shaking his head every time I start dancing to that song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426May 17, 2019 1:57 PM

Is the guy who composed/sings the Swedish entry and wrote the UK entry an American?

by Anonymousreply 427May 17, 2019 2:12 PM

R426: The comment is very unfortunate because the truth is Australia needs all that staging to hide the fact that the song is terribly bad while the Netherlands has a great song and doesn't need to focus in anything else

by Anonymousreply 428May 17, 2019 2:14 PM

r427 He's Swedish. Born in London and adopted by Swedish parents when he was a week old.

by Anonymousreply 429May 17, 2019 2:15 PM

His full name is John Hassim Lundvik.

by Anonymousreply 430May 17, 2019 2:16 PM

Anemic kids from Slovenia held an emergency press conference yesterday, where they apologized for their press conference rudeness and said they were misunderstood. I'm afraid these two won't remember this Eurovision in a very positive way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431May 17, 2019 2:17 PM

r428 I know, the meme falls apart the more you think about it. Like someone upthread observed, she basically has four songs stitched together, and badly at that. It's hardly a song in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 432May 17, 2019 2:18 PM

The Netherlands now stands a 47% winning chance in the betting odds. I'm sorry, but this is getting ridiculous because even though it's a good song it doesn't really stand out THAT much. Even Loreen and Lena (who everyone knew were gonna be surefire winners) didn't fare this well with the bookies.

by Anonymousreply 433May 17, 2019 2:23 PM

r431 That essay of an apology made me laugh, it was so predictable and inevitable. I do get depressed reading the comments back home, with people saying they're the most "normal" act in this whole "freakshow". As if normalcy is the highest of virtues in life. They will never understand the fabulousness of Eurovision - of having all these diverse acts coming together just to have some mindless fun and celebrate our differences and laugh at ourselves. Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 434May 17, 2019 2:27 PM

R433: I totally disagree,. In my opinion is one of the best songs in recent years and has a lot of potential to become a huge hit

by Anonymousreply 435May 17, 2019 2:28 PM

R435 That's never gonna happen. Arcade isn't exactly the kind of song mainstream radio stations in Europe go for.

by Anonymousreply 436May 17, 2019 2:31 PM

When I first listened to Arcade, it reminded of Billie Eilish's lovely. While it probably won't be played as much as the upbeat counterpart, I think it has it market on the radio.

by Anonymousreply 437May 17, 2019 2:54 PM

*its

by Anonymousreply 438May 17, 2019 2:55 PM

Oh, but this video is just hysterical. And I actually thought it was real until Croatia's entry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439May 17, 2019 3:12 PM

I don’t get it. I just don’t think the Dutch entry is all that special. It sounds like a million other songs.

by Anonymousreply 440May 17, 2019 3:40 PM

Duncan Lawrence is gross and his song is boring. Hatari is Eurovision 2019.

by Anonymousreply 441May 17, 2019 3:54 PM

It's Duncan LAURENCE. But I actually prefer his birth name, which is Duncan de Moor.

by Anonymousreply 442May 17, 2019 3:58 PM

R441 Apparently Hatari got quite a few booes in the arena the other night. One reporter said that German Eurovision fans seemed particulary hostile to the song. I'm not saying that the Germans (with their love for schlager music) reflect the average person's musical tastes but I still think it's a much too divisive song to finish anywhere near the top. I hope I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 443May 17, 2019 4:06 PM

In what way is Duncan "gross"? I don't think his song is anything special, but it's still in my Top 5. I always adjust my faves based on the venue I'd like to see the competition take place next year, so this year my final ranking looks like this:

Australia* > Italy > Iceland > Norway > The Netherlands > Switzerland > Spain

*Competition would take place in the second-placed country, so Italy. If Italy is unable or unwilling, it would probably take place in Germany, which is also nice.

by Anonymousreply 444May 17, 2019 4:07 PM

We pray for Italia organizing again. LAst time it was such a epic fail that we love to remember

by Anonymousreply 445May 17, 2019 4:11 PM

In other news from Tel Aviv, witnesses report that Miss Hassani seems to have a bit of a crush on Mahmood and is acting like a silly smitten schoolgirl around him.

These two both seem like bossy bottoms to me so I'm not sure things would ever work out between them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446May 17, 2019 4:13 PM

Are you referring to Gabbani’s song, R445? It was NOT an epic fail, it just peaked too soon.

by Anonymousreply 447May 17, 2019 4:14 PM

R445 I think he was referring to the hot mess that the Eurovision 1991 contest held in Rome was. The one held in Yugoslavia a year earlier wasn't much better.

by Anonymousreply 448May 17, 2019 4:17 PM

I love how r445 was probably referring to the 1991 Eurovision competition in Rome and yet r447 - yet again - made it all about that awful song. That's so hilarious to me.

by Anonymousreply 449May 17, 2019 4:19 PM

I never get tired of watching the opening number (which was Spain) from the 1990 Eurovision. That was a technical screw-up of epic proportions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450May 17, 2019 4:23 PM

r446 Everyone wants to fuck him. He must be exuding some serious sexual magnetism in person because the livestream guys in the press centre yesterday seemed smitten with him, and one of them looked like a schoolgirl after Mahmood finished his performance.

We'll see if the straight masses fall for his enchanting hole tomorrow as well.

by Anonymousreply 451May 17, 2019 4:27 PM

R449, STFU. It was a good song. It was a favorite going into the competition. That ended up backfiring on it. Go jjerk off to your iPad pic of the Swiss kid, hon, there’s a good boy.

by Anonymousreply 452May 17, 2019 4:29 PM

Holland has a good song but Spain has a party song, funny and simple. I like both.

by Anonymousreply 453May 17, 2019 4:32 PM

r452 Twas deplorable, appropriating garbaggio. And it was probably you who got mad when I called the song racist during the Grand Final that year here on DL. You told me that the gorilla wasn't racist, when I wasn't even talking about the gorilla, which was my favourite part about that damn trainwreck. One of my all-time favourite DL moments, for sure.

The closer we get to the main event, the higher the passions and the tensions. It's exactly what makes this time so fun for me; all the people who take their national entries super seriously. Like Oscar season, only more nationalistic and closer to home.

by Anonymousreply 454May 17, 2019 4:42 PM

Looks like the security in Israel isn't really all that it's cracked up to be. I hope this means there's still a chance we'll get to see any stage invasions this year too. Those are always so much fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455May 17, 2019 4:44 PM

r455 Heard about that on the livestream.

[quote]According to the eyewitnesses the security personnel was of the impression that the men had ”taken a wrong turn” after what they called ”a misunderstanding”.

Yeah, I squeeze through openings in chained fences all the time when I take a wrong turn as well, sure.

by Anonymousreply 456May 17, 2019 4:49 PM

Does anyone know if the non-qualifying acts and their delegations return home immediately after the semis, or do they stay in the host city with the finalists?

I know I've joked about Jurij's song being about PnP but I pulled up its lyrics earlier today and it struck me that it's actually a powerful song about homosexual love in an unaccepting place. As such, it (or rather its remixed dance version) should be treated as a gay anthem, imho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457May 17, 2019 5:09 PM

R457 I think most of them head straight back home. Remember, that's the taxpayers' money they're spending and I doubt people back home would be amused by admiring their instagram antics even after failing to reach the final.

But I see Mr Veklenko obviously doesn't have such reservations. I just hope he didn't forget his sunscreen because those Baltic boys and their delicate pale skin tend to burn to a crisp in the sun. People who watched his rehearsals on livestreams actually commented that he was getting more and more tanned by each rehearsal.

by Anonymousreply 458May 17, 2019 5:25 PM

Switzerland is currently leading but the Netherlands is catching up on iTunes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459May 17, 2019 5:39 PM

R436: Arcade is exactly the kind of song that european radios will air right now. It's the same type of song Someone you loved me is which is a huge success in UK and in other european countries

R443: In my opinion the bad reactions to Hatari had more to do with their comments about Israel governments. The style is not exactly eurovisive, but neither was Hungary last year

It was published that the difference between the 10th and the 11th in the second semifinal was just one point. Seven of the ten countries were in the top 10 of juries and televote

by Anonymousreply 460May 17, 2019 5:43 PM

r458 The sunscreen was not strong enough, apparently.

[quote]Remember, that's the taxpayers' money they're spending and I doubt people back home would be amused by admiring their instagram antics even after failing to reach the final.

Hadn't even thought about that. Of course, then it does make much more sense for them to fuck off back home immediately, preferably under the cover of darkness because they've let down their country. Except Azerbaijan, that is. They don't give a shit about no stinkin' public financial accountability. "Audit? Never heard of her."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461May 17, 2019 5:44 PM

R459 I see the Swedish and French songs have charted in Mauritius, of all places. Where the hell did that come from? Do those dodos watch Eurovision too?

by Anonymousreply 462May 17, 2019 5:46 PM

r460 But why would the German fans get upset with Hatari's comments about Israel? Okay, yes, I know how Israel happened, but do young German gays really give a shit about that now ancient covfefe still?

Agree with you that the Dutch song has underrated radio potential and shouldn't be dismissed on that front.

by Anonymousreply 463May 17, 2019 5:48 PM

I think Germany is the big favourite to end last.

i was watching a poll on a spnaish newspaper and here the faves are The Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy, Sweden and Norway. Of course the spanish jury will vote whatever they feel, because they are known for their random votes and to avoid voting for winners a lot of times. Anyway i think spanish 12 points will go to Italy (it won't be the first time)

by Anonymousreply 464May 17, 2019 6:20 PM

Can whoever is styling Michael Rice stop with the super fitted jeans already? So unflattering. It's even worse from the side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465May 17, 2019 6:22 PM

He is a little chubby but not bad looking. He would look way better with a different style

by Anonymousreply 466May 17, 2019 6:24 PM

I find the British guy very cute but he does seem to suffer from a pretty extreme case of knock-knees.

by Anonymousreply 467May 17, 2019 6:44 PM

Miss Wurst has arrived, looking butcher than ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468May 17, 2019 6:48 PM

Bookies right now are asking themselves whether Switzerland or the Netherlands won the televote.

by Anonymousreply 469May 17, 2019 6:56 PM

R462 I guess to be 100th on Mauritius iTunes is enough to have 2 buyers?

by Anonymousreply 470May 17, 2019 6:58 PM

The scariest moment from last night's show. She went full 'tard there for a few seconds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471May 17, 2019 7:11 PM

R468: Conchita is a drag queen and if you want to look femenine you don't let a beard grow

R471: At least she seems happy (in an akward way) which is way better than the dullness of the Slovenian duo (they could watch all the stage burn without moving a muscle of their faces)

by Anonymousreply 472May 17, 2019 7:23 PM

I honestly don't even like thinking about the two Slovenian zombies too much because even the sight of them is so unsettling. Hopefully we never see or hear from them again after this. I mean, he's still invited to my cock if/when he inevitably switches teams. He's kinda cute but Morticia is sapping the life force right out of him.

Heard Serhat singing during the rehearsal earlier and he sounded like an actual singer? So I don't know what happened on Tuesday when he basically spoke the lyrics. I want to see him in full trolling glory tomorrow, even though I'm still pissed that he's qualified.

by Anonymousreply 473May 17, 2019 7:45 PM

Stop picking on those poor kids - they're anemic, for Christ's sake (and probably also slightly autistic).

I still find them adorable, in all their rudeness and awkwardness (but I sure as hell wouldn't want to know them in real life).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474May 17, 2019 8:02 PM

But I'd love to know Miss Alexandra Rotan of KeiiNO. I want her to be my fag hag! And God knows she could use a few extra gays in her life, to help her with her often misguided fashion choices. It seems to me that Tom isn't much of a help in that department.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475May 17, 2019 8:04 PM

R473: I thought i was the only one that found him cute, he is strangely handsome

by Anonymousreply 476May 17, 2019 8:17 PM

r475 She looks like she's walking on her stumps there. Love Tom but he's too basic to be of much help. And I don't know why he isn't posting anything from Tel Aviv on his Insta.

by Anonymousreply 477May 17, 2019 8:22 PM

The cute guy who delivered the fake Austrian votes tonight has quite a potty mouth. I hope he won't try to pull the same stunt tomorrow as well.

The host's reply to his f-bomb was also funny:

[quote] Thank you Philipp, I guess we won't be seeing you tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478May 17, 2019 11:44 PM

By the way, the winner of the fake voting tonight was [drumroll please] DENMARK! I guess we're going to Kobenhavn again next year, bitches!

Leonora's stand-in was almost as scary as the real one is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479May 17, 2019 11:47 PM

I hope Norway's technical difficulties during the jury show don't cost them too many points.

Serhat sounded shit again. Better than on Tuesday, but worse than earlier today.

by Anonymousreply 480May 18, 2019 12:12 AM

Let's hope Australia flops in the final! Why does Australia even get to compete.

by Anonymousreply 481May 18, 2019 12:20 AM

We do this drill every year: because they tuned into the show so many times through the years and in such high numbers, that they got invited to take part. Never understood the Australia hatred; it's just a fun little competition. The more, the merrier!

by Anonymousreply 482May 18, 2019 12:25 AM

I'm so glad to hear Italy's staging (mainly the dancing) and camerawork have been polished because that was pretty atrosh up to this point. And I was so happy he extended and used the Adele cow voice on that "solo ora so cosa SEEEEI" line. That was my very first suggestion when I first heard his song months ago. It's the most orgasmic part of the song to me, and he'd be nuts not to lean into it more.

by Anonymousreply 483May 18, 2019 12:51 AM

Just because the Aussies have enjoyed it in their multitudes from their couches didn’t entitle them to take part, though. It’s called EUROVISION. Yeah, yeah, I think Israel should never have been allowed to participate, either. I know it’s because they’re a member of the European Broadcast Union but still.

by Anonymousreply 484May 18, 2019 1:03 AM

It didn't entitle them, hence the invitation extended from the EBU in the spirit of camaraderie and cooperation. Armenia lies in Western Asia and also takes part.

Everyone has fun so what's the harm, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 485May 18, 2019 1:13 AM

Israel is a member of most European sports federations and regularly participates in European championships so I don't find it odd at all. Morocco and Lebanon were also allowed to participate in ESC.

Speaking of the 1990 ESC, I reenacted Tajci's routine at my high school reunion last June.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486May 18, 2019 1:21 AM

[quote]Speaking of the 1990 ESC, I reenacted Tajci's routine at my high school reunion last June.

r486 How fabulous. I remember doing that shit all the time as a gayling, years after it was performed at Eurovision.

by Anonymousreply 487May 18, 2019 1:27 AM

I remember when Pete Waterman picked that as his favourite Eurovision song that year. Probably thinking: "Hmmm, Sonia could do wonders with this!"

by Anonymousreply 488May 18, 2019 1:40 AM

For the shitshow that Rome ESC 1991 was, I will always remember it fondly for giving us this brilliant song. Somebody should be tried for crimes against humanity for declaring that Swedish frau cow the winner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489May 18, 2019 1:47 AM

R480 Norwegian delegation made two requests to repeat the performance, both of them denied by the EBU. It was just a blink-and-you-miss-it technical glitch, but still - can you imagine something like that happening to those Swedish fuckers? They'd be granted another performance without even having to ask for it. Oh, why do these technical mishaps always have to happen to my favorites - first it was Srbuk and now KeiiNO.

And the smoke machine had another Nina Sublatti moment during the Serbian performance and oversmoked her a bit. That machine must have something against Ex-Yu performers this year - first it nearly suffocated Roko the other night and then Nevena.

by Anonymousreply 490May 18, 2019 10:50 AM

Nice to see Tajci has so many fans around here but unfortunately she's turned into a religious nut after moving to the US. Her bloody website is even called iDoBelieve.com

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491May 18, 2019 10:52 AM

r491 I can't fucking believe that. Scammed her way right into the US, the deplorable cunt. But she lives in Nashville now so it's not all paradise. I suspect her husband who died two years ago was her meal ticket and now that's gone.

by Anonymousreply 492May 18, 2019 11:00 AM

Since we're discussing religious nuts, Israeli rabbis aren't happy about Eurovision desecrating the Shabbat. The chief rabbi now want shabbat to be extended for 20 minutes tonight, to make up for that unspeakable desceration.

[quote] “Due to the great desecration that will take place on the upcoming Sabbath because of the Eurovision song contest, I ask each and every person to refrain from doing work 10 minutes before lighting candles and ten minutes after the end of the Sabbath,” Lau said in a lecture in the central city of Modiin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493May 18, 2019 11:08 AM

r493 I knew that was a thing but thought it lasted all day. At least there's some sanity in the comments section, so that was nice to see.

by Anonymousreply 494May 18, 2019 11:28 AM

But you gotta love how inventive the Jews are when it comes to tricking the Shabbat laws. Shabbat elevators are an especially ingenious invention.

I can't remember anymore which singer exactly said that in an interview but one of the contestants of the 1999 Eurovision in Jerusalem said that their hotel room was located on the highest floor of the buiding and that it took them forever to reach the ground with those elevators on the shabbat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495May 18, 2019 11:37 AM

Only 4.5 hours to go! EUPHORIAAAAA!

by Anonymousreply 496May 18, 2019 2:40 PM

I learned today that there's an actual term for the condition that's slowly starting to creep over me even before the Grand Final: PDE - Post-Eurovision Depression. I shouldn't have gotten so involved, but I've got no one but myself (and the enabling OP) to blame.

by Anonymousreply 497May 18, 2019 2:45 PM

The Belarus jury has been dismissed for the Grand FInal because they were naughty and released their Tuesday's semi-final points. This is going to hurt Russia the most, right? Perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498May 18, 2019 3:37 PM

R498 Belarus usually gives Russia 12 pts.

by Anonymousreply 499May 18, 2019 3:41 PM

[quote]An aggregated result approved by the auditors will be used in order to determine to whom the Belarusian votes will be allocated.

Complicated but I guess there's no other way to get those points.

by Anonymousreply 500May 18, 2019 3:42 PM

I bet Måns says this to every foreign journo and hopes no one will do a supercut of him lying to everyone's face.

But if he seriously prefers the Slovenian entry to friggin' Soldi, then he's an actual homophobe, sorry not sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501May 18, 2019 3:52 PM

Is that a Slovenian journalist he was talking to? He probably told the BBC guys the same thing, that the British song is his favorite, the KAN guys that the Israeli song is his favorite, the RTÉ guys that the Irish chick is his favorite and so on. Those guys really like to kiss the media's ass.

I was once reading a funny blog written by two Eurovision bloggers who said they had a nice drink with a TV commentator from some country and said to him that the song from his country was a favorite of theirs, which made that guy almost jumping for joy (in reality they absolutely hated that particular song and they used it for toilet/snack breaks during the rehearsals). And a few hours later that same commentator bumped into those two bloggers, just as they were sneaking out of the arena before the rehearsals for that song began and the poor commentator guy had a really disappointed look on his face - he realized he was being lied to. The way that article was written was really funny.

by Anonymousreply 502May 18, 2019 4:11 PM

But if you're from Slovenia you'll probably be interested to hear that Hatari named "Laibach" as one of the groups/people that inspired their performance. The whole list of people they named was:

[quote] Noam Chomsky, Naomi Klein, Ragnar Kjartansson, Theresa May, Laibach, Rage Against The Machine, Spice Girls, Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 503May 18, 2019 4:17 PM

Knowing the Belarus jury votes - Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, I'm ready for a big disappointment tonight.

by Anonymousreply 504May 18, 2019 4:24 PM

My heart is hoping for an upset tonight but my brain keeps bringing up the betting odds. Not gonna lie, I'm going to be a bit deflated if the Dutch win, even though I quite like their song.

r503 Lol at Trump and May. Those two inspired the lyrics, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 505May 18, 2019 4:25 PM

I lost my faith in the national juries a few years ago when that video of the Russian jury came out. No one even paid attention to the jury show that was being broadcasted on the TV for them, they were all busy doing other stuff and scrolling through their phones. And when the Armenian song came on one of the jurors said something like: "I'm giving them 12 points, because my husband's Armenian". So much for professionalism...

by Anonymousreply 506May 18, 2019 4:32 PM

Is the Norgie guy still with us? I have a question for him about these fabulous outfits. I presume the skirt-like thing Fred is wearing is a Sami folk costume but what about the other two - which region do those costumes come from?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507May 18, 2019 4:36 PM

r506 That's only to be expected from that shithole but I was disappointed to learn something similar about the Spanish jury recently. They allegedly don't like giving high scores to the favourite to win even if that entry is technically the best. Very unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 508May 18, 2019 4:36 PM

The Norgie guy better avert his gaze during the German entry. I know from my Gentleman Jack thread that he's quite squamish when it comes to lesbians on TV. Or maybe just lesbians on HBO? I don't know, that distinction kinda got lost in all the shouting.

But incestuous lesbian sisters trigger me as well, so we'll be having the vapours together this one evening at least.

by Anonymousreply 509May 18, 2019 4:52 PM

So many of my favourites in one photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510May 18, 2019 4:53 PM

Christ, this last hour and a half is going to fucking DRAG, isn't it?

Hänni's epic crow's feet remind me not to miss out on my glycolic acid routine, regardless of how long into the night the Grand Final will go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511May 18, 2019 5:26 PM

So it's between Netherlands and Switzerland? No one else has a chance?

by Anonymousreply 512May 18, 2019 5:30 PM

R512 Australia still second in the odds, I think, just ahead of Switzerland

by Anonymousreply 513May 18, 2019 5:32 PM

I hate Russia's song but I'm stunned it's behind Switzerland in the odds. Must be a small difference, right?

by Anonymousreply 514May 18, 2019 5:36 PM

Norgie must still be getting over the Constitution Day hangover in his bed. And he probably knows that there are enough people in this thread stanning for KeiiNO, so he can afford to arrive a little late.

by Anonymousreply 515May 18, 2019 5:44 PM

I'm going to be heartbroken when Bilal inevitably bombs. And then I'm going to cackle my ass off. Because I contain multitudes.

Jealous, bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516May 18, 2019 5:52 PM

I hate to sound like a mean girl but I don't like how the media is shoving all these fat girls down out throats: Bilal's ballerina this year, Netta last year, Chrissy Metz, Tess Holliday etc.

I have nothing against fat people but I'm not fine with celebrating obesity like that, because it's just not healthy to be fat or to even send out a message that it's OK to be. I know some people gain weight because of certain medical conditions but in most cases being fat is a personal choice.

by Anonymousreply 517May 18, 2019 6:01 PM

r517 Totally agree. Body positivity is nice and all but we're literally celebrating a serious health condition here. You can accept yourself as you are and then work on your body further based on that self-acceptance. After all, if you love your body so much, shouldn't you want only the best for it? And speaking of...

I'm seeing people posting all these huge snack platters on social media for their Eurovision viewing parties and my inner DLer is like "Enjoy being FAT, bitch!"

by Anonymousreply 518May 18, 2019 6:11 PM

In addition to that Swedish stream posted at r39, the German stream on Eurovision.de apparently works for Americans as well. So you can give that one a try and see which one you prefer quality- and commentary-wise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519May 18, 2019 6:20 PM

The opening and the interval act are apparently AMAZING so be sure not to take toilet breaks at that time. I for one have my trusted pee bottle on standby.

The livestream guys are saying the Belarusian jury votes are going to be aggregated from the Belarusian jury votes of previous years. So Russia should be fine, I guess. Bummer.

by Anonymousreply 520May 18, 2019 6:31 PM

R520 Madonna amazing?

by Anonymousreply 521May 18, 2019 6:43 PM

r521 No, not Madonna; the acts that Israel has prepared. They haven't seen Madonna's rehearsal to be able to judge its quality.

by Anonymousreply 522May 18, 2019 6:45 PM

R522 okay. I’m sure those are performances are great.

by Anonymousreply 523May 18, 2019 6:47 PM

More info from my country’s public tv broadcasting this: Show will open with airplane where last year’s winner will bring those who perform in today’s final. During break four famous ECS competitor’s including Måns will perform each other’s songs.

by Anonymousreply 524May 18, 2019 6:56 PM

R501: Well, at least Netta is consistent with loving the Spanish song

by Anonymousreply 525May 18, 2019 7:02 PM

Showtime!

by Anonymousreply 526May 18, 2019 7:04 PM

Flag ceremony? What is this, the fucking Olympics?

by Anonymousreply 527May 18, 2019 7:05 PM

Dana!

by Anonymousreply 528May 18, 2019 7:05 PM

Given the reaction on tiunes it seems Switzerland is going to do well on televote (which should mean Cyprus and Malta tank), curiously i think the juries will go for Malta (juries love Malta) and not for Switzerland

by Anonymousreply 529May 18, 2019 7:07 PM

I don't know how old people in this thread are but I have a question for possible older gentlemen - when did Eurovision start to become so closely associated with the gay community? Was it with Dana winning in 1998 or even before that?

by Anonymousreply 530May 18, 2019 7:07 PM

The Dutch guy in his sad drab outfit again.

Norway!

by Anonymousreply 531May 18, 2019 7:07 PM

No one cheered for Iceland, fuck.

by Anonymousreply 532May 18, 2019 7:08 PM

R527: You must be kidding, people love flags on eurovision , in 2015 you can barely watch the singers between an ocean of flags

by Anonymousreply 533May 18, 2019 7:08 PM

r530 Interesting question. I'd like to know that as well.

by Anonymousreply 534May 18, 2019 7:09 PM

R530 I guess it depends on country. I live in Scandinavia and here it has always been also family thing. Families sat in front of tv set watching ESC every year.

by Anonymousreply 535May 18, 2019 7:09 PM

Estonia has the ugliest flag. Why the fuck would anyone put black on a flag?

by Anonymousreply 536May 18, 2019 7:10 PM

[quote] I live in Scandinavia and here it has always been also family thing. Families sat in front of tv set watching ESC every year.

People who think this is a family show are in for a shock tonight when Hatari comes on:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537May 18, 2019 7:14 PM

Everyone freaking out because Euron of GoT was shown in that montage.

by Anonymousreply 538May 18, 2019 7:15 PM

Can't believe how much money Malta spent on advertising this song on the web. Imagine not caring about public finances like that?

by Anonymousreply 539May 18, 2019 7:16 PM

r537 That's going to be amazing and Klemens nailed the vocals yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 540May 18, 2019 7:17 PM

Okay but this is low-key an amazing song, right?

by Anonymousreply 541May 18, 2019 7:19 PM

Those ads for Malta were super annoying but I LOVED that! I'm glad Michaela managed to pull through that performance because Malta had some serious technical issues with that video wall - they did their first rehearsal with the video wall, the second one without it (because it was causing them too much problems) and then they decided to go with the wall again.

Each artist can have an additional rehearsal if they're having issues like that (and many countries asked for those this year) but they can have no more than one, because that would give them unfair advantage over the others. But that rule doesn't apply to the technical team so those guys had to do some serious overtime on the Maltese number, using a stand-in for Michaela.

Kobi Marimi's LED screens were also causing many problems (as recently as yesterday) so I really hope they'll get them to work properly today.

by Anonymousreply 542May 18, 2019 7:19 PM

2 the spot of death. Nobody won singing in the second spot, and in the last years nobody was even top 20

by Anonymousreply 543May 18, 2019 7:20 PM

Get your sunglasses out - Miss Jonida and her shiny veneers are up next!

by Anonymousreply 544May 18, 2019 7:20 PM

Jonida is at her tittiest right now; it's all downhill in her life from here.

She sounds on point and isn't butchering the song like at the semis.

by Anonymousreply 545May 18, 2019 7:22 PM

Please tell me the Shawn Mendes look-alike in the presentational film is legal.

Ouch, Miss Albania hit another bum note. Nice tits, though.

by Anonymousreply 546May 18, 2019 7:22 PM

Yasss, she sounded amazing. It's a shame the producers sacrificed two great songs like that to open the show.

by Anonymousreply 547May 18, 2019 7:23 PM

Boy band

by Anonymousreply 548May 18, 2019 7:24 PM

Cute BelAmi boys!

by Anonymousreply 549May 18, 2019 7:25 PM

Czech Republic has cute twinks

by Anonymousreply 550May 18, 2019 7:25 PM

so far SOOOOO boring

by Anonymousreply 551May 18, 2019 7:26 PM

Sorry, I just cannot with the Czech guy's accent during the spoken part. The only song that makes me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 552May 18, 2019 7:26 PM

Daddies will vote

by Anonymousreply 553May 18, 2019 7:26 PM

r550 Have you seen their porn? VERY prolific gays over there.

by Anonymousreply 554May 18, 2019 7:26 PM

[quote] Christer Björkman and Jon Ola Sand deciding the running order for every country besides NL and Sweden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555May 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Oh, here we go with the German "sisters". This should be something...

by Anonymousreply 556May 18, 2019 7:28 PM

are they really sisters?

by Anonymousreply 557May 18, 2019 7:29 PM

R557 They're more of a "scissor sisters".

by Anonymousreply 558May 18, 2019 7:29 PM

These lesbian sistahs are the worst thing to come from Vaterland since Henry Kissinger.

I can't wait to see which cheesy line they're using at the end of the song tonight.

by Anonymousreply 559May 18, 2019 7:30 PM

This should be called "Cysters" to be more in touch with what's happening in the American drag world right now. Just because.

by Anonymousreply 560May 18, 2019 7:30 PM

r559 They stopped with those lines during rehearsals so we'll see if they say anything tonight.

by Anonymousreply 561May 18, 2019 7:31 PM

First no stock lesbian pics and now no cringe-y lines? Damn, that was anticlimactic.

by Anonymousreply 562May 18, 2019 7:31 PM

honestly so far everyone is terribly basic

by Anonymousreply 563May 18, 2019 7:31 PM

At least they were awake while performing, as opposed to the chick from malta

by Anonymousreply 564May 18, 2019 7:32 PM

Now preparing for the American gays on Twitter to have their jockstraps thoroughly soaked by Sergey.

Hate him.

by Anonymousreply 565May 18, 2019 7:32 PM

this russian guy looks exactly like a gay basher

by Anonymousreply 566May 18, 2019 7:33 PM

Come on, SEgey is a nice guy and a great singer (but this is not You are the only one by any means)

by Anonymousreply 567May 18, 2019 7:34 PM

A performance engineered to within an inch of its life. Nothing natural about this whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 568May 18, 2019 7:34 PM

Short pause now to bring on the Danish cunt's giant chair.

by Anonymousreply 569May 18, 2019 7:35 PM

Russia might be on top 5 with votes from east

by Anonymousreply 570May 18, 2019 7:36 PM

The song is pretty meh but at least it's better than Australia.

I think he'll do ok with juries and very very well with televote, top 5 for sure

by Anonymousreply 571May 18, 2019 7:36 PM

Gaultier - a French Jew to spice things up, sure, okay.

by Anonymousreply 572May 18, 2019 7:37 PM

Denmark might be one of the surprises tonight

by Anonymousreply 573May 18, 2019 7:38 PM

Didn't Gaultier develop a crush on the Ukrainian twink from last year? I wonder how that love story ended.

by Anonymousreply 574May 18, 2019 7:38 PM

WTF IS THIS DENMARK FUCKERY

by Anonymousreply 575May 18, 2019 7:38 PM

Sergei will get some votes for being a hottie.

by Anonymousreply 576May 18, 2019 7:38 PM

Was I hallucinating or did I actually hear a line sung in Danish in Leonora's song? Congrats to the creepy Dane bitch, that's the first time Danish has been heard on Eurovision stage in more than two decades. But it's still sad there's one Danish line in a song from Denmark, which is mostly in English and French.

by Anonymousreply 577May 18, 2019 7:39 PM

What’s the singing style on this Danish bitch called? It’s the same one you occasionally hear on US TV commercials. So damn cutesy.

by Anonymousreply 578May 18, 2019 7:39 PM

Denmark's is cotton candy made into a song.

by Anonymousreply 579May 18, 2019 7:40 PM

Now delicious butt of back up dancer

by Anonymousreply 580May 18, 2019 7:41 PM

Serhat cult going into overdrive right now. Just you wait to hear this crap, people.

by Anonymousreply 581May 18, 2019 7:41 PM

THE SAN MARINO DADDY AGAIN!

by Anonymousreply 582May 18, 2019 7:42 PM

San Marino: trolling Europe since 301 A.D.

by Anonymousreply 583May 18, 2019 7:42 PM

Oh, shit, he's speaking the lyrics again and it's even WORSE than during the semi!

by Anonymousreply 584May 18, 2019 7:42 PM

Say Na na na na...

by Anonymousreply 585May 18, 2019 7:42 PM

what screams more EUROTRASH than a San Marino Barry White?

by Anonymousreply 586May 18, 2019 7:42 PM

That blond twink dancer is so going to be the cream in the Assi/Albert Oreo sandwich all night tonight.

by Anonymousreply 587May 18, 2019 7:43 PM

I'm starting to buy into that conspiracy theory surrounding the qualification of the dreadful Sanmarinese song: according to it the EBU made that song go to the finals to discourage San Marino from leaving the contest and enourage more of the microstates to join in the near future.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be true. There was also something fishy about their 2014 qualification and I'm saying this as a huge Valentina Monetta fan.

P.S. Someone mentioned on the livestream the other day that Queen Valentina's house is listed on Airbnb. Wouldn't it be awesome to sleep in those sacred chambers? Unfortunately I haven't managed to track down the listing yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588May 18, 2019 7:43 PM

Like I've mentioned upthread, @cschleichsrun is hysterical on Twitter right now.

[quote]San Marino is singing at a vocal register that could make a bridge collapse.

by Anonymousreply 589May 18, 2019 7:44 PM

why "North Makedonia"? What happened to the southern part?

by Anonymousreply 590May 18, 2019 7:46 PM

Greece

by Anonymousreply 591May 18, 2019 7:46 PM

Someone open 2nd part?

by Anonymousreply 592May 18, 2019 7:47 PM

Southern Macedonia lies in Greece.

by Anonymousreply 593May 18, 2019 7:47 PM

This North Macedonia singer is easily the best of the competition and the song isn’t bad. At least it’s distinctive. The mawkish projections suck, though,

by Anonymousreply 594May 18, 2019 7:47 PM

Part # 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595May 18, 2019 7:47 PM

Bajour!

by Anonymousreply 596May 18, 2019 7:48 PM

Macedonia pushing those emotional buttons now.

r592 I'm sure the OP of this one is on it.

by Anonymousreply 597May 18, 2019 7:48 PM

R588: To be fair, San Marino is always near to qualify, unlike Andorra they don't flop hard on the semis (most of the time)

by Anonymousreply 598May 18, 2019 7:48 PM

Muriel, close down this thread!

by Anonymousreply 599May 18, 2019 7:49 PM

Cute Assi to close out the thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600May 18, 2019 7:49 PM

r590 renamed in feb 2019

by Anonymousreply 601May 18, 2019 7:50 PM

close this down Muriel

by Anonymousreply 602May 18, 2019 7:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!