Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Straight" guys who dress like women

I'm 36. Throughout my 20s, I had mostly female friends. More than one of these friends confessed to me that guys they dated were into dressing up like women. I think they felt comfortable telling me because I'm gay, but I just found it weird. Often these guys liked to go to lesbian clubs. I've dealt with annoying straight women in gay bars, but this sounded about a million times worse. Every woman also told that these guys always ended up being total creeps?

Is this still a thing? Or are all the guys that did this now trans?

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2019 6:25 AM

It's irritating when men put on slutty feminine clothes and still come up with excuses to cockblock other men.

by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2019 3:02 AM

I honestly think “straight” male trans & autogynephilia is a form of severely repressed bi/homosexuality. They cannot handle being attracted to men, so they psychologically break and create this feminine persona to cope.

by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2019 3:05 AM

[quote]They cannot handle being attracted to men, so they psychologically break and create this feminine persona to cope.

That explains Derek putting Ricky in drag on [italic]Silver Spoons[/italic], but in the real world how does it explain men who dress in women's clothes and expect lesbians to settle for an obvious fake while still refusing to do anything with men?

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2019 3:16 AM

And what more perfect way for an ignorant thread to begin than to cite Silver Spoons as a source.

"I honestly think “straight” male trans & autogynephilia is a form of severely repressed bi/homosexuality."

Of course you do, dear. Because it's always about you.

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2019 3:55 AM

When they also had Bruce Jenner as a guest star two years later, it's not ignorant. It makes me wonder whether they were ahead of their time in ways no one ever could have imagined back then. Who watching it then would have ever guessed that Desmond is Amazing would even be a thing a generation or so later?

Welcome to my ignore list, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2019 3:58 AM

And on that note, "women's clothes" means any article of clothing worn by a woman. How is a dress women's clothing if a man is wearing it?

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2019 4:00 AM

"Welcome to my ignore list, [R4]."

Cool.

I know you're not reading this but I'll have fun making fun of you without your knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2019 5:20 AM

And I'll have fun knowing I can still quote you to show what an asshole and a bigot you are, R7.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2019 5:22 AM

Their male side is straight.

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2019 5:49 AM

They are still male even when dressed up.

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2019 5:51 AM

And if you'd rather have a [italic]Golden Girls[/italic] reference, then I blame Pat and Kathy for that "we don't believe in labels" crap.

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2019 5:52 AM

R10 You're wrong. The physical body is male but another identity emerges when they shift into their female side. Similar to having multiple personalities except there's no desire to eradicate the male persona like Bruce Jenner did. Remove the female clothes, makeup and wig and you return to your male self.

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2019 6:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!