Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Most boring movies

What are the most boring films you've seen?

I'm watching Seven Years in Tibet starring Brad Pitt. I never saw this film in a theatre and can only imagine how hard it must've been to sit through. This movie was so popular at the time, but I'm guessing it was because Brad Pitt was in it.

by Anonymousreply 155June 21, 2019 3:01 AM

I didn't go to it when it came out because it looked boring. And that was when I was going to the movies all the time!

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2019 10:04 PM

Tibetan Buddhism because very popular among Hollywood elites in the early 90s.

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2019 10:07 PM

It had nothing to do with Pitt. Although he was compelling in it. The plot and the writing were very good and Brad Pitt was the vehicle to get it made. He was good in it though. He was also good in Meet Joe Black and Kalifornia.

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2019 10:08 PM

And Interview with the Vampire also shows Pitts skills. And Thelma and Louise. I'm not a Brad Pitt fan but I can appreciate a good performance.

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2019 10:14 PM

Once Upon a Time in America

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2019 10:15 PM

English Patient

Gangs of New York

Last Year at Marienbad

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2019 10:17 PM

The Road is the most boring film of all time.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2019 10:17 PM

Sweet Home Alabama.

I tried to like it, but I couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2019 10:18 PM

Blue Valentine

Inception

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2019 10:24 PM

Dune

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2019 10:29 PM

Lawrence of Arabia

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2019 10:33 PM

My Dinner with Andre

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2019 10:34 PM

Reds

Out of Africa

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2019 10:37 PM

My Dinner with Andre wasn't only boring it was deeply pretentious. The pretentiousness of it made me ill.

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2019 10:37 PM

The original The Blair Witch Project. It came out when I was in high school, a bunch of us went to see it. Some of my friends thought it was extremely scary, but me and one of the girls fell asleep half way through it.

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2019 10:37 PM

Interestingly Siskel and Ebert loved it, r14. One of them put it on their Best Films of the 80s list.

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2019 10:43 PM

Avengers: Infinity War.

I’m a teacher who works with kids, so I try to keep track of what they’re interested in. (Fortnite is a trial for me.)

Infinity War struck me as an endless series of cuts between actors who weren’t in the same room, plus a numbing number of explosions.

I’m not wholly against superhero movies. I enjoyed Black Panther as a cultural moment and Ant Man and the Wasp as a piece of froth, but A:IW just wore me down. I took about eleven sittings to reach the end.

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2019 10:46 PM

The Thin Red Line: fell asleep twice and couldn't care less about the stellar cast.

If war could be this beautiful and lulling, I would vote to have it every year.

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2019 10:57 PM

ROMA. Have you seen it? An hour and twenty minutes of, literally, someone doing housework -- hanging laundry, picking up after little kids. The last 30 minutes or so are eventful and somewhat interesting but, my God, what you have to endure to get to it just isn't worth it. The only cinematic distinction ROMA will have in the future is Most Started Least Finished movie in the Netflix library.

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2019 11:38 PM

Paranormal Activity. Snooooooooze!

I remember seeing one as a kid that put me to sleep called Audrey Rose. It starts out kinda neat and then turns into the most boring courtroom drama you've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2019 11:39 PM

I've never attempted to watch My Dinner with Andre and probably never will. Although I do like some of Fellini's films I just couldn't get into 8 1/2. I managed to finish it but it took several sittings.

by Anonymousreply 21May 13, 2019 4:01 AM

Most Marvel movies bore me to death, a series of monotonous action scenes with cringeworthy comic relief strung together by exposition dumps, with minor character disappearing midway through. Topped off by fanboy laughter and shout outs that make me feel like I missed something important that makes me give up in frustration. Can't even enjoy the man candy as everything is CGI'd to death.

by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2019 6:09 AM

I rather sit through something as charmingly inept as Howard the Duck than have to sit through another bloated CGI fest that substitutes callbacks and comic book references for cleverness.

by Anonymousreply 23May 13, 2019 6:12 AM

I’m a big fan of Stanley Kubrick films, but [italic] Barry Lyndon [/italic] though beautifully filmed and art directed, was too long, too slow, and the story not compelling.

by Anonymousreply 24May 13, 2019 6:17 AM

Why did he cast Ryan O'Neal in that, R24?

by Anonymousreply 25May 13, 2019 6:19 AM

Another vote for Last Year at Marienbad

Catch Me If You Can

Providence

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2019 6:27 AM

R19 You're clearly an empty-headed imbecile if all you saw when you saw Roma was a woman cleaning house.

by Anonymousreply 27May 13, 2019 6:28 AM

Barry Lyndon was a charismatic rogue type if I recall correctly. Ryan O’Neal could play that type, I guess. But I agree he wasn’t best for it. Did he affect an accent for the role? I don’t recall.

I was also disappointed by [italic] Roma, [/italic] maybe because it was over-hyped before I saw it. Yes, it captured the time and place in the Mexico City neighborhood of the story. But the story seemed very mundane to me. I couldn’t help but feel “is that all there is…?”

by Anonymousreply 28May 13, 2019 6:35 AM

Wings of Desire.

by Anonymousreply 29May 13, 2019 6:39 AM

La Belle Noiseuse. Almost four hours long. Agony.

by Anonymousreply 30May 13, 2019 6:58 AM

Two that come to mind are The Natural with Robert Redford. I saw it in the theater around the time VHS recorders were becoming popular and all I kept thinking throughout the film was I wish I could Fast Forward this film.

The second film is Eat Pray Love. I enjoyed the book so I bought the DVD but it is so damn slow-moving I can't get past the first twenty minutes before I pop it out of the DVD player. I've tried multiple times to get through this film but it just bores the hell out of me.

by Anonymousreply 31May 13, 2019 7:10 AM

R6, God, yes ... The English Patient. That was torture. I almost walked out, but I never walk out on movies and everybody said this one was so great. Then, after [bold] two hours and forty-two minutes [/bold] of agonizing boredom, it turns out that the big romantic climax is the hero betraying the Allies and helping the Nazis for luuuuv. At least, I think that's what happened. I was so overjoyed that the end was in sight, I may have misunderstood.

by Anonymousreply 32May 13, 2019 7:13 AM

Probably not popular but I can't stand any Woody Allen or David Lynch films.

Also, usually any films critics love, I hate, and the movies critics hate I usually love. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 33May 13, 2019 7:15 AM

I was dissapointed over how boring Behind the Candelabra was. The acting was very good but there were large swaths of the film that were simply monotonous. There were a few funny moments however.

by Anonymousreply 34May 13, 2019 7:27 AM

12 Years A Slave, I fell asleep a couple of times.

by Anonymousreply 35May 13, 2019 7:43 AM

When we were still in single digits my parents would take me and my brother to see films like Dr. Zhivago, Lawrence of Arabia and Fiddler on the Roof. I don't think Dr. Z or LoA were first-run because I would have been too young to remember anything. Anyway, these films went on for freaking ever. As an adult, I can appreciate the scope and beauty of these films but as a kid sitting in a dark theater, it was mind-numbingly dull.

To this day I remember these films through a child's visual imprint. Dr. Z was nothing but snow. L of A was nothing but sand and FotR was nothing but gray, dark and dreary weather with a few songs thrown in.

by Anonymousreply 36May 13, 2019 7:44 AM

We have such different parents, R36. The only two films they ever took me and my brothers to was The Poseidon Adventure (at the drive-in) and The Towerjng Inferno (at a Sat. matinee). I was so young I thought Jennifer Jones actually died.

by Anonymousreply 37May 13, 2019 8:33 AM

By the Sea with Pitt and Jolie. They should have paid the audience.

And Elaine Benes was right about The English Patient.

by Anonymousreply 38May 13, 2019 8:51 AM

The Great Train Robbery in its original run.

by Anonymousreply 39May 13, 2019 8:57 AM

The Prince of Tides. Blame "you know who" for ruining what was a good book into a travel log of her face, legs and hands all in glorious close ups.

by Anonymousreply 40May 13, 2019 9:09 AM

The Beach, with Leo DiCaprio. The only part that kept me awake is the short sequence at link. I also enjoyed the song by All Saints.

OP, I remember hearing Seven Years in Tibet was super boring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 13, 2019 9:25 AM

Another vote for ZHIVAGO. Very boring film, and this despite the cinematography, the musical score, etc. I hate it, and hate it even more for what it could have been. Maybe the novel was boring as well, or even more boring.

by Anonymousreply 42May 13, 2019 10:01 AM

Angel at My Table

by Anonymousreply 43May 13, 2019 10:49 AM

I loved Angel at My Table r43, but I'm also a big fan of Janet Frame's novels.

by Anonymousreply 44May 13, 2019 10:54 AM

La Dolce Vita.

by Anonymousreply 45May 13, 2019 4:00 PM

Melancholia.

by Anonymousreply 46May 13, 2019 4:09 PM

"This movie was so popular at the time, but I'm guessing it was because Brad Pitt was in it."

It wasn't a big hit - so I'm guessing a lot of people felt the way you did

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 13, 2019 4:24 PM

personally walked out of robin hood with costner and blue velvet...

weirded movie was "the cell" with lopez....

movie i couldn't wait to end "JFK" again with costner.. after 3 hours i was trying not to scream outloud "i don't care who killed kennedy now just get this damn movie over with!"... i mean it was the russians, no it was the cubans, no it was the c.ia., no it was the f.b.i., no it was the white southern racists, no it was everyone together, no it was none of them!.... remember a old man sitting alone upfront was actually sleeping and snoring a bit during this movie..

by Anonymousreply 48May 13, 2019 4:58 PM

Out of Africa. Usually I love these period piece epics.....but this one bored me and I didn't care about the characters. Redford was so miscast.

by Anonymousreply 49May 13, 2019 5:21 PM

Harry Potter or any of the Lord of the Rings films.

Hours and hours of tedious fantasy film.

by Anonymousreply 50May 13, 2019 5:46 PM

Star Wars Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace.

by Anonymousreply 51May 13, 2019 5:52 PM

A lot of Costner films, but esp. Waterworld and Dances with Wolves

by Anonymousreply 52May 13, 2019 5:54 PM

Blade Runner 2049.

by Anonymousreply 53May 13, 2019 5:59 PM

The last film of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I had avoided seeing the first 2 and when the last one came to theaters, I rented 1 & 2 and then went to see 3.

There were moments in that movie with that dweeb and the ring and I came soooo close to shouting out, "Just throw the fucking thing." I refrained only because I did not want to spoil the experience for others. And just when I thought it was ended, there was a whole other sequence.

About the LOTR, I liked.

1. The Lighting of the Beacons scene

2. Sean Bean (he should have had Viggo's part).

3. Orlando Bloom, particularly the counting during the battle

4. And Sean Astin - the best one consistently through it all.

Hated 1. Viggo has the charisma of a turnip. The idea that whole countries would follow HIM into battle - not likely

2. Liv Tyler - Closeups but again no brain behind it.

Here's the "Lighting of the Beacon" scene - best scene of all 3 movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 13, 2019 6:04 PM

Out of Africa.

by Anonymousreply 55May 13, 2019 6:16 PM

Field of Dreams.

by Anonymousreply 56May 13, 2019 6:22 PM

Kramer VS. KRAMER

by Anonymousreply 57May 13, 2019 6:30 PM

r14, bravo. Would Wallace Shawn have gotten ahead in show business AT ALL if his father hadn't been editor of the New Yorker?

by Anonymousreply 58May 13, 2019 6:30 PM

Another vote for Wings of Desire.

by Anonymousreply 59May 13, 2019 6:41 PM

R36, my parents loved movies and saw pretty much everything that had a wide release. They would sometimes take me along if they thought I would find the movie interesting. They did have the peculiar habit of going to big movies long after the first-run release; they hated crowds, I guess.

I was never bored, maybe because it seemed so grown-up to be going to a real movie - not a cartoon or kiddie film. I was 10, I think, when we saw Dr Zhivago. I loved it because I immediately developed a crush on Omar Sharif, so no boredom.

I was 6, almost 7, when we saw Lawrence of Arabia, which was long past its first run by then. I know the exact date because it was November 22, 1963. We got home and saw the big, black headlines on the Washington Evening Star on our front porch. I have a memory of that moment - of the look of sheer shock and horror on my mother's face - as clear as if someone had taken a snapshot. I remember my parents were upset that the theater management hadn't interrupted the film to tell the audience what had happened.

So, anyway, I saw a lot of long, grown-up films as a kid. (Goldfinger was another, when I was 8. I guess Mom and Dad figured the sexy references would go over my head, which in fact they did.) No boredom. And yet today, movies > 100 minutes long bore the hell out of me. There's something wrong with me that my attention span was longer at 8-10 years old than at 62!

by Anonymousreply 60May 13, 2019 7:00 PM

I enjoyed the first part of Lord of the Rings, but parts 2 & 3 were redundant and unimaginative. What started as a cautionary tale of human seducibility and striving for power became an endless parade of different types of 'monsters', and in the end **SPOILER ALERT** everyone got rescued by eagles or trees or whatever. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 61May 13, 2019 7:10 PM

All I remember of [italic] Lord of the Rings [/italic] was endless scenes of the band of hobbits trekking over the very green rolling hills of New Zealand. I think I fell asleep, but when I woke up they were still doing the same thing. Without this footage there would barely have been enough for even one film.

by Anonymousreply 62May 13, 2019 7:58 PM

Fatal Attraction

by Anonymousreply 63May 13, 2019 8:17 PM

Distant Voices, Still Lives (Though I am willing to give it another chance!)

by Anonymousreply 64May 13, 2019 8:17 PM

English Patient for the win.

Only movie I've walked out of was the one with Nicole Kidman playing a local TV weather (?) girl who had her husband killed.

The Brad and Angelina movie where he's a writer and she lazes around in the rented flat and watches the young, beautiful couple having sex was just off and uncomfortable to watch. I wish I'd been able to walk out of that one.

by Anonymousreply 65May 13, 2019 8:20 PM

Op types Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 66May 13, 2019 8:25 PM

Contagion which a great cast couldn't save.

by Anonymousreply 67May 13, 2019 8:31 PM

Children of Paradise

Three hours, with one of the characters being a MIME!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 13, 2019 8:33 PM

I liked Children of Paradise!

R68, If you did not like that, don't watch the six-hour La Commune (Paris, 1871). (The first couple of hours is mostly shouting and screaming...but it's good!)

by Anonymousreply 69May 13, 2019 8:41 PM

Out of Fucking Africa. It was a pedestrian movie about a not particularly interesting person. It wasn't a good "slow" movie, just staring at something for 2 hours which is your run-of-the-mill middlebrow Oscar-bait extravaganza with no real artistic merit.

by Anonymousreply 70May 14, 2019 2:50 AM

Noah. Almost walked out of it with a guy I was seeing.

by Anonymousreply 71May 14, 2019 2:55 AM

I love David Lynch, but Dune is torture.

The Suspiria remake.

2001: A Space Odyssey

by Anonymousreply 72May 14, 2019 3:00 AM

Dr. T and the Women, directed by Robert Altman. It's the movie where Farrah Fawcett jumped around in the fountain. The cast included an odd collection of actresses (Tara Reid, Kate Hudson, Helen Hunt, etc.) with Richard Gere as Dr. T.--so many actors with so little action.

To be fair, I left the movie in frustration before it ended, so I didn't evaluate it, fully. Maybe I should try watching it again, now having a better idea of what to expect from an Altman film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 14, 2019 3:15 AM

The Piano. I was praying to die.

by Anonymousreply 74May 14, 2019 3:19 AM

Meet Joe Black

by Anonymousreply 75May 14, 2019 3:21 AM

Citizen Kane

by Anonymousreply 76May 14, 2019 3:21 AM

I fell asleep during the latest version of A Star is Born. I fought to stay awake, but what I was seeing wasn’t drawing me in.

by Anonymousreply 77May 14, 2019 3:30 AM

Into The Woods.

Excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 78May 14, 2019 3:31 AM

Gerry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 14, 2019 3:52 AM

Koyaanisqatsi. I still can't believe there were sequels to this as well. Honorable mention goes to The Exorcist II.

by Anonymousreply 80May 14, 2019 3:59 AM

Dogville from 2004, starring Nicole Kidman. Total yawnfest from beginning to end. It was filmed entirely on a soundstage.

by Anonymousreply 81May 14, 2019 4:16 AM

A Bridge Too Far

The Thin Red Line

The second Sherlock Holmes movie with RDJ

by Anonymousreply 82May 14, 2019 4:26 AM

My mother took us to see The Longest Day when I was 7 years old. It was also the Longest Movie.

by Anonymousreply 83May 14, 2019 4:37 AM

Cat Peole A Bridge Too Far Legends of the Fall Lost City of Z

by Anonymousreply 84May 14, 2019 4:49 AM

Movies where I have never made it to the end (and I survived The Naked Prey): Dr. Zhivago Remains of the Day Barry Lyndon The Godfather (I'm deeply ashamed about this) that godawful Independence Day sequel The Molly Maguires From Here to Eternity I finished The English Patient -- never has treason been so dull.

by Anonymousreply 85May 14, 2019 4:56 AM

Whoever said Blue Valentine and Fatal Attraction you need better movie taste.

by Anonymousreply 86May 14, 2019 4:59 AM

I like Hitchcock but just can't make it through North by Northwest or To Catch a Thief.

by Anonymousreply 87May 14, 2019 5:04 AM

Shindlers list

by Anonymousreply 88May 14, 2019 5:06 AM

Call me by your name

by Anonymousreply 89May 14, 2019 5:06 AM

Out Of Africa

The Bridges Of Madison County

She-Devil

The Iron Lady

Into The Woods

It's Complicated

Florence Foster Jenkins

Mama Mia!

(Most of you by now have figured out the common denominator, because you're bright.)

by Anonymousreply 90May 14, 2019 5:08 AM

Star Wars.

by Anonymousreply 91May 14, 2019 5:17 AM

The hobbit

The house of sand and fog- Love Jennifer Connelly but I wanted to kill myself

Swept Away

Phantom Menace

Life Itself

Jupiter Ascending

by Anonymousreply 92May 14, 2019 5:38 AM

For those of you who saw “Into the Woods”: had you also read the book? I read it because I enjoyed “Into Thin Air” by Krakauer (same author). (“Into Thin Air” I had to take with a grain of salt, though.) IIRC, the subject of “Into the Woods” died in reasonable walking distance to civilization. Also, his car was found in operable condition not too far as well. The story was just not compelling to me.

by Anonymousreply 93May 14, 2019 6:08 AM

MOON....i still don't know wtf it was about......

A QUIET PLACE: i hate movies with no dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 94May 14, 2019 6:36 AM

R93, "Into the Wild" is a book and film about an idiot dying the Alaskan wilderness, and "Into the Woods" is a Sondheim musical about fairy tales.

Thank you, and please turn in your gay card on your way out.

by Anonymousreply 95May 14, 2019 8:34 AM

Any Marvel film. Brainless wham-bam CGI pap for the puerile.

Enchanted April. The ultimate frau film.

Brokeback Mountain. The ultimate flyover f*g film.

by Anonymousreply 96May 14, 2019 8:42 AM

The incredibles 2

by Anonymousreply 97May 14, 2019 8:48 AM

2001: A Space Odyssey

I've tried several times, but can never seem to get through the whole movie.

by Anonymousreply 98May 14, 2019 10:43 AM

jurassic world / jurassic world: fallen kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 99May 14, 2019 1:58 PM

Tree of Life. I can tell no one else saw it because no one else has mentioned it.

by Anonymousreply 100May 14, 2019 2:52 PM

Great acting can be tedious to watch particularly with a slow moving script. For me Remains iOd The Day..

by Anonymousreply 101May 14, 2019 2:56 PM

Blue Velvet. I don't care how many great reviews it received (if it did), but I hated it.

Also Room With A View. I fell asleep.

by Anonymousreply 102May 14, 2019 3:05 PM

[quote] I was dissapointed over how boring Behind the Candelabra was. The acting was very good but there were large swaths of the film that were simply monotonous. There were a few funny moments however.

They already cast a gay man as Liberace when Victor Garber played him right after he died. What was most disappointing about this film was that it was only after this that Matt Damon made that "gay actors should stay in the closet" remark. Fuck you, Matt.

by Anonymousreply 103May 14, 2019 3:08 PM

One of the few things I remember about Blue Velvet is the rape scene. I don't think I've ever seen a more disturbing rape scene in a film.

by Anonymousreply 104May 14, 2019 3:10 PM

I don't know how anyone could think Behind The Candleabra was boring. Multiple shots of Matt's hot ass alone!

by Anonymousreply 105May 14, 2019 3:15 PM

R105.......you are so right....boring it was not. it was a HOOT.

by Anonymousreply 106May 14, 2019 3:41 PM

The English Patient. And what the fuck was it about?

by Anonymousreply 107May 14, 2019 8:18 PM

Immortal Beloved

by Anonymousreply 108May 14, 2019 8:45 PM

High Art

by Anonymousreply 109May 14, 2019 8:48 PM

I remember seeing Apocalypse Now in high school - i was so bored i counted the tiles on the ceiling of the theater. 13 rows, 117 tiles each row.

by Anonymousreply 110May 14, 2019 9:01 PM

The King's Speech

by Anonymousreply 111May 14, 2019 9:03 PM

R110 Was "The Muppet Movie" more to your liking back then?

by Anonymousreply 112May 14, 2019 9:05 PM

Stalker 1979 directed by Andrei Tarkovsky

It's considered a masterpiece but it bored the fuck right out of me.

I didn't give a shit about 'the room'

After I tried to watch it I lent it to a friend telling him it was incredible so he would watch it as a joke. He wasn't pleased.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 14, 2019 9:14 PM

The Snowman.

by Anonymousreply 114May 14, 2019 9:16 PM

August Osage County

by Anonymousreply 115May 14, 2019 9:28 PM

[quote] The King's Speech

I completely forgot about that one. Boring and forgettable. I even forgot it won an Oscar for best picture.

by Anonymousreply 116May 14, 2019 9:30 PM

A Ghost Story

by Anonymousreply 117May 14, 2019 9:35 PM

Another vote for The Tree Of Life

by Anonymousreply 118May 14, 2019 9:38 PM

R113 I found Stalker a bit easier to get into than Andrei Rublev.

by Anonymousreply 119May 14, 2019 9:40 PM

Solaris by Andrei Tarkovsky

by Anonymousreply 120May 14, 2019 9:42 PM

Antonioni's The Passenger Antonioni's Blow-Up

by Anonymousreply 121May 14, 2019 9:48 PM

Meet Joe Black Unbreakable

by Anonymousreply 122May 14, 2019 9:56 PM

Forrest Gump.

All that running.

And still more running.

by Anonymousreply 123May 14, 2019 10:08 PM

Lincoln. I swear I thought it would never end but the guy I saw it with just ranted about Daniel Day Lewis the performance of a lifetime. My dad called me the next day and said "Don't go see that god damn Lincoln movie!" His girlfriend had dragged him to see it too (they're 80)

The Post. Hanks and Streep were like visual Ambien. Another one I was assured would stimulate my brain. Dad called that weekend too. "Did ya see that god damn Post movie yet? Slept all the way threw it." I'm gonna start listening to my Dad's movie reviews.

by Anonymousreply 124May 14, 2019 10:08 PM

The Blade Runner sequel was a fucking awful trudge.

by Anonymousreply 125May 14, 2019 10:20 PM

Reds

by Anonymousreply 126May 14, 2019 10:23 PM

Master and Commander. This could have been a very interesting movie, but no. More like Masturbator and Commander.

by Anonymousreply 127May 14, 2019 10:58 PM

R121, I love Antonioni's black-and-white trilogy and I think his color films just lack something those films have, even if they are aesthetically pleasing in their own way.

by Anonymousreply 128May 14, 2019 11:04 PM

R127 Love M & C. I would call it boring at all

by Anonymousreply 129May 14, 2019 11:08 PM

^ wouldn’t

by Anonymousreply 130May 14, 2019 11:08 PM

R129, I watched it when I was 16 so maybe I would have a different opinion now (I'm 32 lol).

by Anonymousreply 131May 14, 2019 11:43 PM

by Anonymousreply 132May 14, 2019 11:48 PM

More boring Brad Pitt films— The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and The Tree of Life.

by Anonymousreply 133May 14, 2019 11:56 PM

The English Patient owns this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 14, 2019 11:56 PM

Definitely Avatar. I felt like I'd walked in on the 4th entry in a franchise without having seen the others. I couldn't tell you a thing about the characters or the story 10 minutes after it was over. If that's not the mark of a lousy, boring film I don't know what is.

by Anonymousreply 135May 15, 2019 12:31 AM

^I love the English Patient.

by Anonymousreply 136May 15, 2019 12:35 AM

There is nothing to love about it.

by Anonymousreply 137May 15, 2019 12:38 AM

Anything by Sophia Coppola including the ones that I haven't seen.

I tried to watch that b&w film about the maid because there was a scene with a naked guy doing some martial arts thing, I didn't get past 20 minutes. Roma.

by Anonymousreply 138May 15, 2019 12:42 AM

[quote] I tried to watch that b&w film about the maid because there was a scene with a naked guy doing some martial arts thing

Stick with porn and Arrowverse and let the people with IQ over 80 talk.

by Anonymousreply 139May 15, 2019 12:44 AM

A.I. = D.O.A.

by Anonymousreply 140May 15, 2019 1:37 AM

Die Another Day (007 movie)

by Anonymousreply 141May 15, 2019 2:16 AM

Whoever said Moon can diaf. Rockwell’s ass brought it to life.

by Anonymousreply 142May 15, 2019 2:23 AM

Quantum of Solace. Worst Bond ever.

by Anonymousreply 143June 20, 2019 2:41 AM

Ran. Never has a war movie been so boring.

by Anonymousreply 144June 20, 2019 2:48 AM

Magnolia for the final scene alone. If you know what I'm talking about, bless. If you didn't see it -- don't.

by Anonymousreply 145June 20, 2019 4:11 AM

You can never underestimate philistinism of Dataloungers.

by Anonymousreply 146June 20, 2019 5:26 AM

Anything with Meryl Streep

by Anonymousreply 147June 20, 2019 5:36 AM

Iron Man.

by Anonymousreply 148June 20, 2019 5:55 AM

My Dinner with Andre. There was a collective groan in the theater when

Spoiler alert

They ordered dessert

by Anonymousreply 149June 20, 2019 6:20 AM

There will be Blood! I found it a slog. Like all Anderson movies it was slow and tedious.

by Anonymousreply 150June 20, 2019 6:37 AM

Solaris (original)

The Passenger

A Man and a Woman

by Anonymousreply 151June 20, 2019 6:50 AM

Casino. Can't identify with gangsters. They go through all that trouble to get money and then they spend it on tacky stuff. Repetitive scenes of screaming and violence, random use of pop music.

by Anonymousreply 152June 20, 2019 7:10 AM

Citizen Kane is fast paced compared to 2001 and There will be Blood.

by Anonymousreply 153June 20, 2019 7:13 AM

Reds and the Post - Those were interesting times. How did they suck the life out of those stories?

The Tourist - It's amazing that such a talented director can make such an awful movie. Still scratching my head.

by Anonymousreply 154June 21, 2019 2:52 AM

The answer to this question is WALL-e. The thirst 30 mins or so is no dialogue. I dint know what it is about this movie but it is the equivalent to ambien for me. It’s a good movie. I read movie reviews and huge movie buff. I tried to watch it twice in the theaters when I lived in Chicago. Both times. I wasn’t tired but fell asleep. It’s so boring it makes me go to sleep. Good movie tho.

by Anonymousreply 155June 21, 2019 3:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!