Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who will come out in 2019? Part 4

The last thread filled up. Continue the discussion here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 24, 2019 10:29 PM

Rafael De La Fuente

Adam DiMarco

by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2019 12:07 PM

Jon Kortajarena

by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2019 7:22 PM

Is “coming out” still a thing in 2019? We have legalized gay marriage. Being gay should be a non-issue these days.

by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2019 7:28 PM

Harry Styles

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2019 7:28 PM

Jerrod Carmichael possibly.

Comedian Jerrod Carmichael got very personal in his latest HBO special on Sunday, candidly revealing during a discussion on sexuality that he has had relationships with men.

During Home Videos — the first of two specials in which Carmichael will have informal, intimate conversations with his family — Carmichael returned home to North Carolina, where he sat down for a Q&A with his mother, Cynthia. After asking his mom to reflect on the affair that Cynthia’s husband once had on her, Carmichael asked if she’s ever been attracted to women.

“I’ve hooked up with dudes before,” Carmichael revealed, after Cynthia said she’d never had those feelings for a woman. Her response? “Well, OK. That’s your option. I like men.” The conversation ended shortly after that exchange, and there was no further discussion of how Carmichael labels his sexuality. (For those keeping score at home, Carmichael is indeed the answer to our recent Blind Item about a buzzy entertainer who would potentially make a big announcement during a TV special.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2019 11:54 PM

It will probably never happen, but I'd love to see David Muir burst open the closet doors this year. Come on, David, everyone knows you're gay already. It's just like when Anderson Cooper came out -- no one was shocked in the least, but knew already.

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2019 12:15 AM

"Racism shouldn't be a thing, it's 2019! I don't even see colour, personally."

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2019 12:53 AM

I second Harry Styles. As queer of course, not gay.

Unless he's done it already (I'm not always up to date), Timothee Ch. will give one of those obscure interviews where he blathers on about 'seeing himself as somewhat on a spectrum' or 'being attracted to a person, not their gender', but deny ever having kissed, let alone slept with a guy and step out with a girlfriend soon after.

A few more female celebrities will come out as bisexual and whine about how tough it was coming to terms with it in a society that glamorizes female bisexuality.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2019 12:57 AM

Saoirse Ronan, when 'Ammonite' is released. But probably only as bi.

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2019 1:03 AM

[quote]Unless he's done it already (I'm not always up to date), Timothee Ch. will give one of those obscure interviews where he blathers on about 'seeing himself as somewhat on a spectrum' or 'being attracted to a person, not their gender', but deny ever having kissed, let alone slept with a guy and step out with a girlfriend soon after.

That's Lucas Hedges in a shell. He came out as questioning and now he's openly dating a female costar.

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2019 1:06 AM

Come out, come out, wherever you are and meet the young lady who fell from a star!!

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2019 8:04 PM

David Muir is definitely gay. Has anyone here had him? Details on his junk, please.

by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2019 5:55 PM

Comedian Jerrod Carmichael seems to have come out on his HBO docu-series. Well, he at least likes sleeping with men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 15, 2019 2:34 AM

[quote]Is “coming out” still a thing in 2019?

R3 In Hollywood it's still 1950, so yeah.

by Anonymousreply 14May 15, 2019 2:36 AM

Mike Pence

by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2019 2:38 AM

Australian footballer Andy Brennan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2019 2:49 AM

Mexican reality star Xavier Ulibarri as bisexual

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2019 2:28 AM

R3: You live in a magical world of light and color. Try again when at least of couple of NFL, NBA or soccer players come out without big fanfare. Hey, there are not even tennis players out of the closet.

So yes, come out is still a thing (and unfortunately it will be a thing for a long time).

And Jon Kortajarena is not going to come out. He hates to talk about anything related to his dating life, but after being in public so many times with Luke Evans is difficult to consider him closeted

by Anonymousreply 18May 18, 2019 12:16 PM

R10: I really like Lucas, but it was probably the most self serving and insincere coming out in recent years. He did it because he expected some backlash against Boy Erased (and the fact he is playing gay characters all the time). He, who was very private till then, decide to be seen with his girlfriend inmediately after that "coming out" and of course he put the gay rumours to rest (because he was rumoured to be gay, not "on the spectrum")

by Anonymousreply 19May 18, 2019 12:19 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2019 2:44 PM

Finn is being more casual with his boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 21, 2019 10:42 PM

Michelle Phillips

by Anonymousreply 22May 21, 2019 10:46 PM

Charlie Barnett came out today while promoting the Netflix series Tales of the City.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 23, 2019 12:27 AM

That's great. R23

Seems kind of similar as Ben Platt's "coming out" where it's not so much a coming out as it's just a "yeah, I'm gay. I've been out for years". type thing.

by Anonymousreply 24May 23, 2019 2:24 AM

Well, Ben needed two videos because some delusional fans made a lot of mental gymnastics to explain Bad Habit. And that with a guy who never really hide it. Watching that was easy to understand why others had an easy way to pretend being straight even when it's obvious they are not

by Anonymousreply 25May 23, 2019 5:50 PM

If desperate enough to bring his poll numbers up, I could see Corey Booker making a very dramatic announcement that he is coming out as BISEXUAL (don't want to alienate the women voters).

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2019 5:19 PM

There was a Blind Item about that possibility not so long ago. It must hurt going the bearding route only to realize that the spotlight is on the gay candidate

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2019 5:30 PM

r23 He looked familiar and then i realized he was on Chicago fire

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2019 5:36 PM

I would love to give Adam DiMarco this West African plantain.

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2019 5:40 PM

He's very handsome and looks like a younger version of my husband.

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2019 6:14 PM

Whacking off video, hanging out at the gay hotel, making out at Coachella, selfies with other muscle Marys. It's all circumstantial.

I never said I was OUT!

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2019 7:46 PM

Not really famous or a surprise, but former Australia's Got Talent winner and current The Voice Australia contestant Jack Vidgen came out. As gay and as someone who uses lip fillers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 1, 2019 2:21 AM

I assume Richard Madden will be out soon

by Anonymousreply 33June 1, 2019 2:32 PM

Emery Kelly has been posting subtle hints of rainbows (actual, jewelry, decor) in his IG stories for the past 6 months or so. Maybe he will make it official this month.

by Anonymousreply 34June 2, 2019 11:24 AM

Hopefully Brinn and his sexy new nose ring. Although TBH, I would take him or Dominic Cunningham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 2, 2019 8:41 PM

Taehyung and Jungkook from BTS (based on their performances at their London Wembley concerts this past weekend):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 3, 2019 11:12 PM

R35 the back tattoo is a bit....unfortunate. But he would be a sexy little power bottom. Smooth, white bubble butt on him

by Anonymousreply 37June 3, 2019 11:43 PM

BTS is a boy band, you can't go more homoerotic than OD and noone of them came out of the closet

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2019 2:36 PM

R38, Jungkook and Taehyung are on the verge on making out on stage... wait till their Paris concerts this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2019 10:38 PM

Australian broadcaster Hamish MacDonald

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 7, 2019 3:40 AM

Wow it’s already half way through the year and no one good has come out yet. I bet there will be more fluid/ bi’s come out more than gay. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 41June 7, 2019 3:46 AM

R41 No one good? What the fuck is that

by Anonymousreply 42June 7, 2019 2:03 PM

r42 He meant no one relevant.

by Anonymousreply 43June 7, 2019 5:02 PM

R43: Ben Platt is the youngest Tony winner ever.

In my opinion he is way more relevant that some of the people who came out in recent years (and was celebrated because they were popular).

And i'm tired of people being dismissed just because they are not hot enough, or not good enough, or no selling enough records. We are talking of coming out, and the truth is most of "relevant people" hide in the closet or even worse they are in fake relationships, but hey, after years and years of denying they need to be very celebrated when they come out

by Anonymousreply 44June 7, 2019 7:14 PM

“What/If” Star Juan Castano: Gay Roles Helped Me Embrace My Sexual Fluidity

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 9, 2019 12:18 AM

Oh please stop. I’m still reeling from all the many people that come out in 2018. I don’t even need one hand to count them.

by Anonymousreply 46June 9, 2019 12:25 AM

He's reading a 1987 copy of MANDATE in that photo, r45, it doesn't really need a caption

by Anonymousreply 47June 9, 2019 12:38 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 9, 2019 6:43 AM

R41, R42 and R43: Mostly z-listers have come out, true, but every coming out is important. I wish more well known celebs would come out, but we're not quite there yet.

by Anonymousreply 49June 11, 2019 3:30 PM

Also, it's not true that nobody relevant has come out, several actors have. Ben Platt, Tyler Blackburn and Barrett Foa.

by Anonymousreply 50June 11, 2019 3:31 PM

Some telenovela actor I've never heard of came out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 13, 2019 7:11 PM

Youtuber Daniel Howell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 13, 2019 7:53 PM

[quote]Finn is being more casual with his boyfriend.

Wait what ??? Loras is gay ?????

Come back and elaborate!

by Anonymousreply 53June 13, 2019 8:05 PM

r53 You really thought Finn was straight? He pings to high heaven!

by Anonymousreply 54June 13, 2019 8:41 PM

[quote]You really thought Finn was straight? He pings to high heaven!

I didn't know. I haven't kept up with Finn. I just remember finding Loras and Renly awesome to watch. I wonder what became of the actor that played Renly.

Looking through his instagram Finn is also in California like Richard Madden. OMG, I hope they get to hang out.

by Anonymousreply 55June 13, 2019 8:54 PM

Threesome between Finn, Richard and Brandon

by Anonymousreply 56June 13, 2019 9:06 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 14, 2019 5:41 AM

Pretty sure he already came out in some capacity, but some people still were speculating if he were gay or bi or whatever. But The Try Guys' Eugene Lee Yang announced through a music video that he's a proud gay man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 15, 2019 6:04 PM

Possible coming outs coming soon include.:

Miles Heizer

Connor Jessup

Froy Guiterrez

Chandler Massey

by Anonymousreply 59June 15, 2019 6:59 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 60June 15, 2019 7:16 PM

Here's Eugene's coming out tweet.

[Quote]I created this music video as my personal way of coming out as a proud gay man who has many unheard, specific stories to tell. I withheld because of fear and shame shaped by my background but I promise to give my full truth in the rest of my life's work.🏳️‍🌈

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 15, 2019 7:25 PM

Dan's reply...

[Quote]this was so incredibly beautiful and powerful thank you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 15, 2019 7:27 PM

And Eugene's reply

[Quote]🙏 and thank YOU for your brilliant video - sharing your life journey with us with such sincerity and eloquence was equally powerful and I'm monumentally proud of you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 15, 2019 7:28 PM

Who cares when yet another nelly YouTuber queen comes out to a deafening roar? Wake me when somebody unexpected spills the beans.

by Anonymousreply 64June 15, 2019 7:32 PM

R59: What makes you belive Chandler Massy is going to come out? His reaction during the beginning of the gay storyline on Days was all kinds of weird, he talked about everything but the gay storyline and barely mentioned Freddie on any interview, but at the end of his first run with the role he was on pride marches.

I think he was always linked to women even most people found his relationships not very believable. Anyway, he doesn't seem ready to come out at all (unless i was missing something). Soap world is quite strange, it seems the number of gay actors is very high but on the other hand they have a very conservative audience which makes coming out way more difficult than on theatre or prime time tv

by Anonymousreply 65June 15, 2019 7:35 PM

So Jake Bain came out a couple of years ago as a gay high school football player.

Looks like he came out again recently as a lover of the pussy too. So he downgraded from gay to pansexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2019 5:26 AM

[quote]Threesome between Finn, Richard and Brandon

I'm just shocked because I remember him giving an interview early on in GOT that he wanted to play someone completely different from Loras. It was probably the author but I remember feeling like he came across as put off by the gayness of the Renly/Loras storyline.

Glad to see I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2019 6:07 AM

R66 how fucking embarrassing. Cringe. Only a sociopath would not ‘consider’ someone’s physical appearance as a sexual turn on. If you ‘don’t see’ gender, then that’s kind of narcissistic. You can be attached to the male and female form; bisexual. Nothing wrong with that. But saying you don’t see gender is just either stupid or a lie, or you are a sociopath. Seriously, cringe.

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2019 8:09 AM

R56 Nah, I'd rather have Oliver Jackson-Cohen. He's much more my type. Also, he isn't really hiding anymore as he liked this on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2019 8:39 AM

LOL R69, OJC is a drunk but he's cute. And he added that video of himself leaning on Jack Bannon while they shared a seat at a carnival ride to his IG stories archive. Enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2019 4:52 PM

Is Pedro Pascal already in this list? If not then he should be....

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2019 6:28 PM

R71, Pedro came out? where, when?

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2019 8:21 PM

R66: At least he kept his boyfriend.

I still think "famous" people have a tendency to not use the words gay or bisexual lately that it's a complete anomaly between common people. Everybody is queer (whatever it means, because it seems to have different meanings to different people) or fluid (something that i don't understand either) or on the spectrum (well at least that's understandable unless you explain yourself as bad as Lucas Hedges did, are we sure he didn't came out as asexual?).

Some of this high school athletes that came out with a lot of fanfare get too attached to the fame they got coming out (i don't know if it's Jake's case) but they never kept that fame reaching success in the sport they practise but having a lot of fans on instagram

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2019 8:38 PM

By the way, El Mundo, which is an spanish newspaper always publish a list of most popular gays in Spain and this year the list has no new names (lately there are more and more polititians) so i suppose this is a really slow coming out year

by Anonymousreply 74June 23, 2019 8:40 PM

I think R71 meant Pedro will come out this year, not that he has already. But I don't know if I believe that with his new Disney+ show.

by Anonymousreply 75June 23, 2019 9:12 PM

Just a few hetero Latin guys hanging out, shooting the breeze.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 23, 2019 9:16 PM

Connor Jessup just came out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 24, 2019 4:00 AM

Connor and Miles should've come out together as a couple

by Anonymousreply 78June 24, 2019 4:32 AM

Miles probably didn't want to steal Connor's thunder. It's also his birthday

by Anonymousreply 79June 24, 2019 4:35 AM

Miles' birthday was more than a month ago, but he didn't come out. Now he's in a weird situation where he's not out yet, but his bf is. LOL

by Anonymousreply 80June 24, 2019 4:52 AM

I told you Connor would come out! OP of the original thread.

by Anonymousreply 81June 24, 2019 6:45 AM

Connor Jessup came out as gay on his birthday yesterday. His long IG post is quite emotional, but also quite logical.

I think he is the highest profile person on DL to come out this year. The YouTube guy and Eugene are more popular overall, but we certainly don’t track them like we do the lovely Connor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 24, 2019 7:40 AM

God, how did I miss the other posts??

by Anonymousreply 83June 24, 2019 7:41 AM

R78 I have a feeling Miles is fine with Connor coming out. He even commented with a heart. Will be interesting to see if anything will change now that Connor is out though. Will they continue their relationship out of the public eye? Will they post a pic confirming the relationship? Will Miles come out? Only time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 84June 24, 2019 8:18 AM

gale harold

by Anonymousreply 85June 24, 2019 8:41 AM

R82: If you are only confining this to DL, he is the most popular her to come out this year, that's for sure, if you are talking in general, in that case, no. In fact Connor has a very low profile in comparision with others. Falling Skies was not the big hit it could have been, and american crime was some kind of a obscure show that some critics loved but the Emmy's ignored.

He is handsome and he is a very good actor, he should be way bigger than he is

by Anonymousreply 86June 24, 2019 2:09 PM

Lisa Marie Presley

by Anonymousreply 87June 24, 2019 2:12 PM

R86: "the most popular here"

by Anonymousreply 88June 24, 2019 2:32 PM

who will be the next queen to come out? Pedro?

by Anonymousreply 89June 24, 2019 3:08 PM

Connor's post was really well written and heartfelt. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 90June 24, 2019 4:57 PM

Manolo Gonzalez Vergara, the son of Sofia Vergara. Apparently he’s starting to make waves as a celebrity in Latin America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 24, 2019 5:19 PM

For all intents and purposes, Manolo is out. Or at least he doesn't try to hide it.

by Anonymousreply 92June 24, 2019 5:20 PM

Good for Connor

by Anonymousreply 93June 24, 2019 6:04 PM

Lucas H is gay, lol, not “on spectrum”. Oldman’s son is gay as well, he’s “dating” Shipka. Madden is straight or at most bi.

by Anonymousreply 94June 24, 2019 8:48 PM

Lucas Hedges can fuck off until he officially labels himself.

by Anonymousreply 95June 24, 2019 8:50 PM

R94 Madden is not straight

by Anonymousreply 96June 24, 2019 9:02 PM

R95: He is talented and he seems inteligent and nice but it was one of the messiest coming outs ever (and probably one of the most self serving ones too)

by Anonymousreply 97June 24, 2019 9:03 PM

Richard Madden is fucking a guy. In what universe does that make him straight?

by Anonymousreply 98June 24, 2019 9:04 PM

Richard Madden is the gayest straight guy ever

by Anonymousreply 99June 24, 2019 9:06 PM

R98 Gay for pay! Brandon must be paying him a lot. ;D

by Anonymousreply 100June 24, 2019 9:18 PM

I had high hopes for Cameron Cuffe but then he started bearding with Chloe Dykstra. Such a shame but it can't be said he doesn't have a long line of role models to emulate.

by Anonymousreply 101June 24, 2019 10:00 PM

^Literally who? 25,000 followers on insta is not famous at all

by Anonymousreply 102June 24, 2019 10:04 PM

r102 He's the lead in Krypton on SyFy.

by Anonymousreply 103June 24, 2019 10:06 PM

I'd rather Shaun Sipos came out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 24, 2019 10:08 PM

r104 Yeah, he's very cute but very straight. Has a girlfriend and a (step?) son from a previous relationship, for those unfamiliar with him.

by Anonymousreply 105June 24, 2019 10:16 PM

I know, but a guy can dream R105

by Anonymousreply 106June 24, 2019 10:18 PM

R103 never heard of it and I’m 25 year old with a netflix account. It’s not like I’m old and don’t watch shows....

by Anonymousreply 107June 24, 2019 10:32 PM

Like I said, it's on SyFy so I don't know why you're bringing Netflix into it.

by Anonymousreply 108June 24, 2019 10:35 PM

Merely pointing out he isn’t famous enough or relevant enough to pop culture to consider it a ‘celebrity coming out’

by Anonymousreply 109June 24, 2019 10:55 PM

Okay.

by Anonymousreply 110June 24, 2019 10:59 PM

So a bit random and not a traditional celebrity, but (former?) gay porn star Mickey Taylor has come out as bi/ pansexual. Interesting as it plays into the notion that sexuality is malleable and you can change it if you try. He says he was gay, but that he thinks it’s more fluid now and that he doesn’t see gender and that gay men are toxic for complaining about him posting clips of fucking women.

I really wish more was done one human sexuality. I personally don’t really believe in pansexuality as sexual attraction requires a physical cue for desire. Ok you like men and women; bi. I also don’t get how you can grow up in the world we live in that ‘rewards’ heterosexual attraction and come out as gay for 10 plus years and then be like, oh, nah I also like pussy. It seems to me it’s more to do with sex drive, exhibitionism, insecurity and narcissism then a distinct sexual orientation IMO.

Random, but just interesting to me. There have been quite a few ‘gay’ performers who have become more bi or doing straight/bi porn in the last year or two. A definite shift that I have seen. Many are offended at gay people questioning the sudden shift also; that gays are super closed minded etc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 25, 2019 4:21 AM

Small-time, UK, blue-eyed soul singer Will Heard came out as bi-or something a few days ago after a gig at the Trevor project, where he sung with the tone deaf Cara Delevingne.

I follow him because of his fantastic collars with Tom Misch and Tourist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 25, 2019 7:25 AM

R112 I’ve long suspected he was. I’m surprised he isn’t a bigger star. He has a great voice and is cute enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 25, 2019 7:36 AM

That onstage shirtless shot of Mr. Heard is hottt.

by Anonymousreply 114June 25, 2019 8:57 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 25, 2019 9:19 AM

r111 Eww "gay" porn stars are a lost cause, any person with self-esteem would never date one of them, obviously gay men are the haters and they and their gfs are the poor discriminated.

I don't know why they still having gay fans.

by Anonymousreply 116June 25, 2019 8:14 PM

Connor Jessup just came out.

There are a couple of surfers who co-run Save the Ocean. Alex Schultz and Andrew Cooper. Are they a couple?

by Anonymousreply 117June 27, 2019 12:30 AM

We've been talking about Connor since R77

by Anonymousreply 118June 27, 2019 2:19 AM

Maybe I missed it in the last few threads, but I didn't realize Hugh Skinner was out. At least according to his Wikipedia page which references a Telegraph article that I'm not paying to read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 27, 2019 1:50 PM

r119 We've mentioned it in the Fleabag thread, but not in any of these annual coming out threads, no.

by Anonymousreply 120June 27, 2019 3:07 PM

R120 That explains it then

by Anonymousreply 121June 28, 2019 2:19 AM

I had no idea Skinner was gay. I saw him on that Amazon show, The Romanoffs, and thought he was attractive

by Anonymousreply 122June 28, 2019 3:27 PM

I recall asking DL about him when Mamma Mia 2 casting announcements came out and I checked out everyone's Insta. He pinged to me back then.

by Anonymousreply 123June 28, 2019 3:32 PM

Rafael De La Fuente just came out as queer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 28, 2019 3:48 PM

r124 I thought he was openly gay for years now?

by Anonymousreply 125June 28, 2019 3:50 PM

Well, he was never really hiding but it's the first time he's said it publicly.

by Anonymousreply 126June 28, 2019 4:02 PM

Oh, well, good for him! I'm sure it was particularly difficult because of his family.

by Anonymousreply 127June 28, 2019 4:06 PM

does Hugh Skinner have an instagram?

by Anonymousreply 128June 28, 2019 4:14 PM

Shawn mendes is coming out in september. You heard it here first!

by Anonymousreply 129June 28, 2019 4:18 PM

R129 Spill.

by Anonymousreply 130June 28, 2019 4:20 PM

r128 No, just this fan account, which I erroneously referred to as his Insta earlier.

I like this photo. Two hot talented Brit gays, what's not to love?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131June 28, 2019 4:20 PM

r129 I've heard that exact rumour in the official Shawn thread. Still think it's bull. He clearly said he's not gay and acted insulted by the mere suggestion, so unless he apologizes for that statement first...

by Anonymousreply 132June 28, 2019 4:21 PM

R132 Shawn will have to come to terms with being gay before he can come out. It's obvious he's still in denial. Also, he isn't surrounding himself withth the gay friendliest people. All his friends are straight douche bros and probably low key homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 133June 28, 2019 4:35 PM

R132 I’ve heard it from various people that aren’t connected to each other, so that slightly leads me to believe it might be true. Then again I have no idea who the original source of the info is. Anyway we’ll see in a few months, and then I guess just go back to wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 134June 28, 2019 5:21 PM

Yeah, these kinds of month-specific rumours rarely come true. But like you said, we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 135June 28, 2019 5:24 PM

R133 Both his manager and tour director are gay.

by Anonymousreply 136June 28, 2019 6:32 PM

wonder when Trevor Donovan will come out?

by Anonymousreply 137June 28, 2019 6:33 PM

R124 Queer? Eh, I guess that's good enough

by Anonymousreply 138June 29, 2019 2:12 AM

I would fuck Shawn Mendes under an NDA.

by Anonymousreply 139June 29, 2019 2:16 AM

surprised John Wesley Shipp hasn't come out yet

by Anonymousreply 140June 29, 2019 3:59 AM

Edgar Ramirez did a big Stonewall post and he was liking loads of pride stuff a little while ago on IG. I guess he was in a mood.

by Anonymousreply 141June 29, 2019 6:00 AM

R141 I was expecting it to be his coming out post, but it never happened, sigh. Oh well. I feel like he's close to coming out though.

by Anonymousreply 142June 29, 2019 8:20 AM

Did this telenovela actor just come out? My Spanish is bad so I have no idea what the caption says...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 30, 2019 12:56 PM

Not explicitly r143, but I’d say the subtext is there. He says, “Because somedayday sexual preferences or gender identity will stop being special topics, because someday everyone will feel free to love without being judged. Because someday everyone can exist freely. Because someday dreaming of “someday” will no longer be necessary.”

by Anonymousreply 144June 30, 2019 1:16 PM

Oh dear-ing myself. Didn’t mean to type “day” twice.

by Anonymousreply 145June 30, 2019 1:21 PM

R144 Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 146June 30, 2019 2:28 PM

Rapper Lil Nas X

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 1, 2019 1:10 AM

r147 Yeah, I'm going to need a breakdown of that.

by Anonymousreply 148July 1, 2019 1:34 AM

Holy shit, he did that! So many dudebros jam to that song. Fucking brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 149July 1, 2019 1:36 AM

r147 Genuine question: Why does that article assume he came out as gay and not bisexual, queer, or fluid? There's nothing about that song that says strictly gay to me.

by Anonymousreply 150July 1, 2019 1:57 AM

R150, because we assume he’s not an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 151July 1, 2019 2:20 AM

Does anyone else have the dream that all of the LGBTQ+ celebs, sports stars, musicians, politicians, etc. have a big secret meeting and agree to all come out together one day? Millions of folks do it and it's just done - so many that there's nothing to do but to deal and no reason to hide any more. Then, the world takes a few weeks to process and life goes on.

by Anonymousreply 152July 1, 2019 2:22 AM

r152 Yeah, that would be amazing. I feel like having a gay US president would have a similar global effect. And it would just go exponentially from there on.

by Anonymousreply 153July 1, 2019 2:28 AM

Some people already knew Lil Nas X was gay because he used to have a nicki minaj fan account on twitter (being a male nicki minaj fan kind of says it all), but he used to deny owning that account. I'm glad he's finally admitting it and being true to himself.

by Anonymousreply 154July 1, 2019 3:36 AM

I get the feeling he denied having that account not because of how gay it was, but because of how much of a teenybopper stan account it was.

by Anonymousreply 155July 1, 2019 6:19 AM

Youtuber Phil Lester has come out as gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 1, 2019 6:45 AM

Video. This was only a matter of days after that other guy came out, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 1, 2019 10:50 AM

Yikes. The new youtuber is a lot uglier than the first one. And the first one wasn’t that hot. We need more sexy twinks like Conner Jessup.

by Anonymousreply 158July 1, 2019 1:27 PM

I wonder, if both Dan and Phil have come out, will they confirm the speculation about them being a couple...

by Anonymousreply 159July 1, 2019 7:15 PM

R159 Not necessarily. Dan said in his video that he wanted to keep the relationship private. I personally think Dan deserves better than Phil. While Dan is a 6 Phil is like a 3. Sorry, just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 160July 1, 2019 7:21 PM

Dan and Phil coming out would've been more exciting if it had been 5 or 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 161July 1, 2019 8:20 PM

r158 Same. Im still hoping for an actually hot guy.

by Anonymousreply 162July 1, 2019 8:23 PM

R162 Connor Jessup is hot. Tyler Blackburn isn't that bad either.

by Anonymousreply 163July 1, 2019 8:27 PM

r163 When I say hot I mean guys who look like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164July 1, 2019 8:52 PM

He's not really that hot R164

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 1, 2019 8:57 PM

Will Mears come out? He’s looking thicc nowadays, since he’s not diving anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166July 1, 2019 9:07 PM

Cameron from the Krypton show give me bi vibes.

by Anonymousreply 167July 2, 2019 12:43 AM

r167 Just the bi ones?

I refuse to believe he's anything other than the gayest of cocksucking homosexuals and I'm fully prepared to die on this hill.

by Anonymousreply 168July 2, 2019 12:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169July 2, 2019 1:50 PM

r169 There's a quote included by the Eurovision winner where he explicitly says he's bisexual (he's talked about that several times now) and yet the article labels him as gay.

Lil Nas X being labelled as LGBTQ is ridiculous, although I've said already at r150 that he hasn't actually come out as gay explicitly, so we can only speculate as to what he is. All we know is that he isn't straight.

Sam Smith's "non-binary genderqueer" made me cringe. He's such an attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 170July 2, 2019 2:01 PM

Sam Smith is doing a new come-out once per year.

by Anonymousreply 171July 2, 2019 2:03 PM

This is going to sound awful, but I wouldn't put it past him to transition and then de-transition, just for the attention.

by Anonymousreply 172July 2, 2019 2:06 PM

r169 Willow Smith ? really? she always will date men.

by Anonymousreply 173July 2, 2019 6:05 PM

Lil Nas X literally tweeted the words "Just because I'm gay doesn't mean that I'm not straight" - a play on words that most people are understanding to mean straight as in "okay/ honest" so he's definitely said he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 174July 2, 2019 6:39 PM

So now for the second half of 2019...

by Anonymousreply 175July 2, 2019 6:47 PM

r166 One can tell he's gay just from his avi.

by Anonymousreply 176July 2, 2019 8:33 PM

R170 I guess this means bisexual? I dunno

[quote]just cuz i’m gay don’t mean i’m not straight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 3, 2019 2:13 AM

Model Tess Holliday comes out as pansexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178July 3, 2019 7:08 AM

Quelle surprise R178, her husband also self-identifies as "queer" and they met on tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 179July 3, 2019 2:55 PM

Lil Nas X tweeted yet more tweets explicitly saying "I'm gay" and y'all are still out here acting confused.

by Anonymousreply 180July 3, 2019 4:59 PM

Many DLers aren't too bright, R180.

by Anonymousreply 181July 3, 2019 10:46 PM

Will Heard came out as far back as Oct 2017. He took a trip to the Argentine and met some... cool guys. (He also outs himself as having stank feet. Maybe he and Ezra Miller could date...). The section in the vid starts at 7:29.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 5, 2019 5:28 PM

r181 Oh, do fuck off. It took him nearly a week to tweet that out and then say it explicitly on BBC today, when the presenters pushed him on it. I wouldn't mind him saying he's bisexual or whatever else, but I hate inferring things from lyrics and cryptic tweets. I understand that's the way kids do it these days, but you can't then complain when people are confused. Several articles I saw described him as "a member of the LGBT family" because they didn't want to jump the gun either.

Anyway, good for him. Hopefully, this thread can now return to its normal programming.

by Anonymousreply 183July 5, 2019 5:36 PM

... it took him 3 days, and only because people are too fucking dense to understand a double entendre.

by Anonymousreply 184July 5, 2019 5:38 PM

Well, you do have to spell thing out to fangurl types for them to truly get it (or admit it, really). Otherwise they're akin to Jim Carrey's character in DUMB & DUMBER ("... so you're saying there's a chance...!!!?!!").

by Anonymousreply 185July 5, 2019 5:45 PM

*spell things

by Anonymousreply 186July 5, 2019 5:45 PM

He was serving Twink Realness in 2013. Brits can be so strange in their approach (or lack of care) to aging and/or styling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187July 5, 2019 5:47 PM

The Oasis (or "Robbie Williams as Oasis") styling in this vid is so offputting. Use what you got, Will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188July 5, 2019 5:48 PM

He's surprisingly ample below the waist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189July 5, 2019 5:49 PM

R183: The message was pretty clear and he says that he is gay, english is not my language and even i understand that straight is not used there as a synonymous of heterosexual.

I know Lucas Hedges opened the door for tortuous and difficult to understand coming outs, but that it would be a really strange way to say he is bisexual

by Anonymousreply 190July 6, 2019 2:04 PM

Someone needs to update his wiki then. It says he's bisexual R190

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191July 6, 2019 6:04 PM

r191 Aren't they talking about Lil Nas?

by Anonymousreply 192July 6, 2019 6:36 PM

You're right. There's too much going on in this thread R192

by Anonymousreply 193July 6, 2019 6:38 PM

D, E or even F list "celebrities". Never heard of 95% of these "famous" folk. None of them will make any difference in the larger culture. Only to desperate fanboys.

by Anonymousreply 194July 6, 2019 6:48 PM

Then come out, John Goodman at r194.

by Anonymousreply 195July 6, 2019 6:52 PM

R194: Noone comes out of the closet to make a difference in larger culture.

And noone cares if you know them or not

by Anonymousreply 196July 6, 2019 8:06 PM

I came out to my cat. She fell asleep.

by Anonymousreply 197July 6, 2019 8:08 PM

R197 you could suffer a heart attack and she couldn't care less. There are exceptions but generally they just don't care

by Anonymousreply 198July 6, 2019 8:14 PM

Peter Noone?

by Anonymousreply 199July 6, 2019 8:15 PM

Richard "Sophia" Simmons?

by Anonymousreply 200July 6, 2019 8:16 PM

R196. Then why are all the people listed "celebrities" or other youtube "stars". Why don't you list your cousin, friend, or next door neighbor? Is it because no one would care?

by Anonymousreply 201July 6, 2019 8:43 PM

The term 'celebrity' is different now, it isn't the 1950s anymore, grandpa. You can have millions of fans but still be widely unknown because of the amount of people who have access to the internet, which has a million different niches of interests.

by Anonymousreply 202July 6, 2019 8:49 PM

[quote] Why don't you list your cousin, friend, or next door neighbor? Is it because no one would care?

If there are presenting pics, someone will care.

by Anonymousreply 203July 6, 2019 8:50 PM

The Lucky Charms leprechaun

by Anonymousreply 204July 6, 2019 8:50 PM

[quote] You can have millions of fans but still be widely unknown

I resemble this remark.

by Anonymousreply 205July 6, 2019 8:51 PM

I love Holton! I love all his movi….TV sho…. Broad....way... sho...….. Half Naked Selfies!

by Anonymousreply 206July 6, 2019 8:55 PM

I love all of Holton's Half Naked Selfies. Imagine the talent, discipline, and courage necessary to take Half Naked Selfies.

by Anonymousreply 207July 6, 2019 8:59 PM

R201: Because they are. Probably a 50 yo don't know who is the teen actor or the youtuber, but that doesn't mean they are not well known or don't have a large fanbase.

But they don't come out for making a change in culture, they come out because they feel comfortable being gay and if they can help a closeted teen or two even better.

The "he is not famous enough" (or hot enough) so i don't care is simply absurd, because they are not coming out for you and you can simply avoid the news if that's what you want

by Anonymousreply 208July 6, 2019 9:01 PM

Show us your Holton.

by Anonymousreply 209July 6, 2019 9:02 PM

Don't talk about Holton that way. How can you be so insensitive. He works hard taking his shirt off and clicking a button.

by Anonymousreply 210July 6, 2019 9:05 PM

I don't understand the not famous enough whiners. It's a tough world out there. If some random YouTuber or Z lister coming out makes one LGBT kid's life a little easier or makes one person feel less alone, it's made a difference.

by Anonymousreply 211July 6, 2019 9:23 PM

r187 Those are some giant ears that he has.

by Anonymousreply 212July 6, 2019 9:28 PM

The Pillsbury Dough Boy, while committing an on air suicide. After being body shamed for so many decades he'll throw himself into an oven screaming "Eat ME!"

by Anonymousreply 213July 6, 2019 9:57 PM

Will Poulter was at London Pride earlier today. He's always been an ally though, so there could be no deeper meaning.

If he did come out, he would be my favorite this year. He's so down to Earth and humble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214July 6, 2019 10:21 PM

Will has long lent a supportive hand to the gays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215July 6, 2019 10:25 PM

Will Poulter hasn't been relevant in years. If ever.

by Anonymousreply 216July 6, 2019 10:30 PM

Yeah, Will Poulter isn't relevant or famous enough. And where are his shirtless selfies? And besides, he's an old man. He's gotta be at least 25.

by Anonymousreply 217July 6, 2019 11:02 PM

Besides, he already came out as straight. If he is in fact anything but, then he's a liar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218July 6, 2019 11:06 PM

I demand to know Will Poulters sexuality. I want naked selfies, person encounters, wild speculations, and constant updates of WHO he is seen with, WHAT city he's in, WHERE he goes out, and WHY anyone should give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 219July 6, 2019 11:10 PM

r217 = Jerry Sandusky.

by Anonymousreply 220July 6, 2019 11:11 PM

I want a big time professional athlete to come out

by Anonymousreply 221July 6, 2019 11:13 PM

Caitlyn! Our prayers have been answered!

by Anonymousreply 222July 6, 2019 11:15 PM

r221 Not going to happen anytime soon, especially in Trump's America.

by Anonymousreply 223July 6, 2019 11:17 PM

R221 I still have hopes for Aaron Rodgers.

by Anonymousreply 224July 6, 2019 11:18 PM

This might be a long shot, but what about Spencer Treat Clark? Doesn't seem to be attached to anyone. His instagram is devoid of heteroromantic prospects. He seems like one of those outdoorsy gays you see on Scruff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225July 7, 2019 12:56 AM

I don't see Spencer as gay. He seems like the type that would just be gay if he was without any shame

by Anonymousreply 226July 7, 2019 12:59 AM

r225 Weird eyes.

by Anonymousreply 227July 7, 2019 1:22 AM

Yeah I don't think he's gay or bi. But who knows.

by Anonymousreply 228July 7, 2019 1:23 AM

[quote]I don't see Spencer as gay. He seems like the type that would just be gay if he was without any shame

???

by Anonymousreply 229July 7, 2019 2:00 AM

Jon Kortajarena was hanging out at Pride with someone who looked like could be his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 230July 7, 2019 6:40 AM

Lil Nas X is probably the most famous one to have come out this year. The rest are z-listers.

by Anonymousreply 231July 7, 2019 6:42 AM

R218: Rumours say a very different thing

R231: Ben Platt is a Tony winner and was in some popular films, he is way above Lil Nas X who is basically a one hit wonder (but he has a lot of merit to come out when his song is number one)

by Anonymousreply 232July 7, 2019 10:11 AM

R217: Isn't he on Black Mirror?

And the relevance of an actor is something that change constantly. To be honest i think i never watched him in anything, i suppose he is good enough because he is not particularly good looking

by Anonymousreply 233July 7, 2019 10:13 AM

r232 Sure, but was anyone really shocked when Platt came out? Everyone just assumed he was gay from the start. He's a theatre queen, ffs! Those are a dime a dozen. But a black gay country rapper... that's a whole new breed of gay right there.

by Anonymousreply 234July 7, 2019 10:26 AM

Oh, i don't know that this was about shocking people.

And Lil Nax X was not exactly a shock (maybe for some of his dumbests fans). I didn't hear the song and people already knew he was gay here. He was very brave, because his song was a mix of two of the most homophobic genres and we know rappers and country singers never come out, but a shock was not

by Anonymousreply 235July 7, 2019 10:34 AM

[quote]Oh, i don't know that this was about shocking people.

Stop being obtuse; you know exactly what I meant. It's that thing where you shrug when yet another Broadway actor with a cookie-smelling face everyone already assumed was gay comes out.

by Anonymousreply 236July 7, 2019 10:41 AM

R234 Maybe so, but I still think Lil Nas X made more of an impact and was the bigger coming out. He is black and like R236 says in the most homophobic genre of them all. He is a big name right now. It was a big deal to come out at the start of his career, just as his career is about to take off. Even if people already knew he was gay. Same can be said about Connor Jessup, sure he is an actor, and sure it wasn't a surprise after the dozen gay roles he's played, but it still took guts to come out before his big Netflix role.

by Anonymousreply 237July 7, 2019 10:58 AM

Hasn't Lil Nas X had 3 songs in the Top 20? Ben Platt is known for Dear Evan Hansen... Is "Will & Grace" a Ben Platt hit???? It seems a silly argument in this context, the "oh, he's just a one hit wonder" bit.

by Anonymousreply 238July 7, 2019 11:04 AM

Can we please talk about Jon K and his sorta subtle coming out? He celebrated Pride with his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 239July 7, 2019 11:15 AM

R236: I know exactly what you men and i found it ridiculous. Someone said that Lil Nas X was the only prominent coming out and that was simply not true

by Anonymousreply 240July 7, 2019 11:17 AM

R238: He has three songs on the billboard hot 100, but two are album songs that weren't released that are charting due to streaming. Maybe it'll became hits, but he is not by any means the most prominent coming out of this year in terms of name recognition. But he is the bravest by far, because he is coming out on a very hostile genre

by Anonymousreply 241July 7, 2019 11:19 AM

R239, yeah, I want to talk about that too...it's a pity we know nothing about his bf, but it is great that he was there with him and posted the photo!

by Anonymousreply 242July 7, 2019 11:25 AM

[quote]Someone said that Lil Nas X was the only prominent coming out and that was simply not true

r240 I agree it's not true but I wouldn't point out Ben fucking Platt to prove that point. Besides, "prominent" means all sorts of things to all sorts of people because we don't all follow the same things. That's why I don't appreciate that one gatekeeping poster from earlier in this thread who seems to have named himself the final arbiter of what constitutes a celebrity and what doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 243July 7, 2019 11:26 AM

[quote]Maybe it'll became hits, but he is not by any means the most prominent coming out of this year in terms of name recognition.

Judging by his music video views, number of streams, retweets, and media coverage he got, I'd actually say he is.

by Anonymousreply 244July 7, 2019 11:28 AM

R244: It'll be great if that happens, but the number of rappers with only one hit that vanished after that is very high. He is doing some collaborations with people like Cardy B that makes me think the label with promote him.

And there are very few out gay rappers, with mainstream success i can only think on ILOVEMAKKONEN (maybe Tyler the creator but i never know if he is out or not)

by Anonymousreply 245July 7, 2019 11:46 AM

R245 I was just going to mention Tyler, but I'm always confused about his out status, is he officially out as gay or not? Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 246July 7, 2019 11:58 AM

Someone said Jon K had posted his boyfriend before, back in the winter. Can someone link to the pic?

by Anonymousreply 247July 7, 2019 12:16 PM

In the Luke Evans thread someone posted this, R247 but I have no idea about any photos posted by Jon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248July 7, 2019 12:32 PM

Jon is not going to come out, but he is not exactly in the closet.

He is in the El Mundo list of most influential spanish gays for years

by Anonymousreply 249July 7, 2019 12:33 PM

R248: That shirt is hideous, not even someone as handsome as Jon looks good on it

by Anonymousreply 250July 7, 2019 12:34 PM

I didn't know that about the list, R249! Thanks for the info!

by Anonymousreply 251July 7, 2019 12:37 PM

El Mundo (an spanish newspaper) publish every june a list with the most prominent gays. Joh is on that list for a least five years. They ask people if they want to appear (and they said there are cases, specially polititians and athletes) who refused, so if he is in that list is because he has no problem with it

by Anonymousreply 252July 7, 2019 12:40 PM

The boyfriend is attractive in that "don't look at his face too closely" way.

by Anonymousreply 253July 7, 2019 12:42 PM

He looks better here, though his eyes are almost closed. I hope someone finds better pictures, haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254July 7, 2019 12:50 PM

I still give the edge to Alfonso Bassave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255July 7, 2019 1:02 PM

Alfonso and Jon seemed very compatible, they are both alergic to the press

And he didn't officially came out either

by Anonymousreply 256July 7, 2019 1:05 PM

Now that Cameron Boyce is dead, he'll never be able to come out. :(

by Anonymousreply 257July 7, 2019 4:23 PM

Actor Juan Pablo Di Pace came out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258July 7, 2019 7:06 PM

Thanks, R258!

by Anonymousreply 259July 7, 2019 7:08 PM

At what point in that video does he come out? Not going to sift through a 21 minute video

by Anonymousreply 260July 7, 2019 7:16 PM

R260 17:47.

by Anonymousreply 261July 7, 2019 7:24 PM

Thanks R261! I'm surprised this wasn't bigger news, since the video was posted over a week ago. His wikipedia page hasn't even been updated.

by Anonymousreply 262July 7, 2019 7:27 PM

his character on Fuller House is gayer than a goose despite being married to Kimmy Gibbler

by Anonymousreply 263July 7, 2019 8:21 PM

I knew I recognised him. Juan was in that tacky ass "Call on Me" (it sampled "Valerie" by Steve Winwood) video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264July 7, 2019 8:34 PM

r248 That shirt is so horrible even in Jon.

by Anonymousreply 265July 8, 2019 1:59 AM

I didn't remember that Juan Pablo di Pace was on Física o Química (but it was the first thing that appeared when i searched for his name)

by Anonymousreply 266July 8, 2019 7:40 AM

Supposedly an anonymous professional English Football(Soccer) player is thinking of coming out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267July 8, 2019 2:14 PM

Unless it's someone in the NFL, MLB or NBA, it's not really that huge.

by Anonymousreply 268July 8, 2019 2:15 PM

R268 Soccer is way bigger than any of the major leagues in the USA, but it's not going to happen anyway. British press publish the same shit every year (on summer, on slow news days)

by Anonymousreply 269July 8, 2019 2:18 PM

R267 I have a feeling it's a troll account and it won't happen. I hope I'm wrong though.

by Anonymousreply 270July 8, 2019 2:37 PM

What R269 said.

by Anonymousreply 271July 8, 2019 2:38 PM

I want to see an active NFL player come out

by Anonymousreply 272July 8, 2019 2:40 PM

Yeah, we keep hearing about these football players who are planning to come out - and not just in the UK - but it never seems to happen. In Germany there has been a film and a popular song on the topic as well as an interview with a supposedly gay player (could have been more than one)...but it all fizzles out in the end it seems.

by Anonymousreply 273July 8, 2019 3:09 PM

To be more accurate, the film was actually Swiss.

by Anonymousreply 274July 8, 2019 3:13 PM

What did Juan come out as?

by Anonymousreply 275July 8, 2019 3:35 PM

According to the video, gay R275

by Anonymousreply 276July 8, 2019 3:40 PM

Snagglepuss

by Anonymousreply 277July 8, 2019 4:22 PM

There are gay soccer players. I remember back in the 90's there was a rumour that Zero magazine (a gay magazine that became famous for their coming out covers) will publish the story of a gay soccer player.

It was false, just a rumour, but the three big temas contacted with the magazine to ask (and in some cases the threat) about not outing their players (so there was at least one gay player on every one).

The director of other gay magazine talked recently about it and said that he knew the case of a spanish retired soccer player (who played on the first division of spanish league) who is married to another man, but he just don't want to bring the attention to himself.

Unlike other sports like tennis or gymnastics where the field is very limited, there are thousands of soccer players just in the main leagues of europe, but of course the enviroment is really homophobic in some cases. A soccer player who decides to come out knows he will receive not only insults but probably threats (some players has obvious links to far right ultras) and his career could be easily destroyed for an homophobic coach or president of club.

So it's not an easy thing to do, at all

by Anonymousreply 278July 8, 2019 5:14 PM

If that Spanish retired soccer player is married to a man, then it's a matter of public record, no? A newspaper could out him by sourcing the marriage licence. There's probably little interest so they haven't done it.

by Anonymousreply 279July 8, 2019 5:18 PM

Nobody will do that.

In fact, nobody will publish that kind of storyline without his consent, and it seems he has zero interest in going public because he has a quite life now

by Anonymousreply 280July 8, 2019 5:29 PM

Italian player Marco Borriello once said there were gay/bisexual players in Milan, Juve and Genoa:

"Prandelli ha detto che il mondo del calcio è pronto per l’outing degli omosessuali.

Per noi calciatori non sarebbe un problema. Io poi ho anche alcuni amici gay. Ma non so come i tifosi la prenderebbero.

Lei ha detto che non ha mai conosciuto omosessuali nel calcio, ma di avere sospetti di bisessualità su qualcuno. Escludendo la Roma per farla vivere sereno, tra Milan, Juve e Genoa in quale squadra ne ha notati?

In tutte e tre."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281July 8, 2019 5:33 PM

[Quote] nobody will publish that kind of storyline without his consent

There's a long history of people being outed without their consent.

by Anonymousreply 282July 8, 2019 5:35 PM

R282: Not in Spain.

The backlash against the newspaper or magazine will be huge

by Anonymousreply 283July 8, 2019 5:37 PM

Some radio host in the UK came out as bisexual

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284July 8, 2019 6:05 PM

"Car crash" (of a show), not an actualy car accident, queerty.

by Anonymousreply 285July 8, 2019 6:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286July 8, 2019 6:09 PM

R273 Yeah, "Der Tag wird kommen". Love this song. But who was the supposedly gay player [if he was named]? The only openly gay one is probably still Hitzelsberger.

by Anonymousreply 287July 8, 2019 6:32 PM

It is a great song, R287!

It was an anonymous interview actually (linked below). I should have made that clear earlier. There was also the book "Versteckspieler".

It really was a hot topic for quite some time, but seems to have lost momentum. It's a pity. Seeing Robbie Rogers leading what seems to be a happy life gives me hope that one day a more prominent player might be able to follow suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288July 8, 2019 7:47 PM

R288 thanks a lot for your answer and the link. "Versteckspieler", yes, now I do remember it too. It was a biography more or less. And yes, one day someone will be brave.

by Anonymousreply 289July 8, 2019 8:02 PM

R171 I’m waiting for the year he comes out as a colony of plaintively yowling alley cats in a human suit.

by Anonymousreply 290July 8, 2019 8:02 PM

My pleasure, R289! It would be nice if were sooner rather than later but I understand that it is still very difficult for sure. Did you watch "Mario"? I thought it was quite good. It seemed very realistic and really showed how complicated it would be for a player to come out...let alone two as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 291July 8, 2019 8:21 PM

R291"Mario"? Sorry, nope. Never heard of it. And yes, can't imagine how hard it must be as a couple. But on the other hand: couples have someone to go through everything together...

The women soccer championship reminded me that they have it much easier. There a quite a lot who are openly lesbian. Much more common and accepted than among male players. Hopefully times are changing for men too. Rather sooner than later of course.

by Anonymousreply 292July 8, 2019 8:43 PM

R292, yes, true, the women have certainly been pioneering in that regard, but it helps that this has been the case since the sport came to prominence for them and because it generally seems to be less of an issue for women in sport. It is a very different situation for the men for sure, but as you said hopefully times are changing.

This is the film. Try to watch it if you ever get the opportunity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293July 8, 2019 9:09 PM

There a big big difference between men and women's soccer and it's the money involved. Soccer (the male version) more than a sport is a dirty business. The levels of corruption, the links with far right ultras, everything stinks

by Anonymousreply 294July 8, 2019 9:11 PM

Mario's plot remind me A Natural by Ross Raisin (the author of God's own country). That novel had a lot of trouble to be published even if the author was known.

Curiously it was not the homosexuality the thing that was the main problem, it was the soccer. It's obvious that Raisin knows a lot about soccer and it's very important on the plot, so publishers feared women won't be interested in the novel. At the end it was published and got great reviews (and it's his first novel published in Spain)

by Anonymousreply 295July 8, 2019 9:13 PM

R 293 Thanks a lot again. I'll try to watch the movie if I can find it anywhere.

Good night.

by Anonymousreply 296July 8, 2019 9:14 PM

Absolutely, R294! The combination of these elements makes it a very hostile environment for any player(s) who might want to come out. I really think that - like others have suggested in the past - it would have to either be a very big star or several relatively well-known players at once to make it feasible.

Oh interesting, thank you, R295! I will look into that!

My pleasure again, R296! Good night to you!

by Anonymousreply 297July 8, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote]The women soccer championship reminded me that they have it much easier

It's not just that. Part of the gender difference in the presence of gays and lesbians in sports is due to differences in the preferences of gay men and lesbians. Lesbians like sports, especially sports that require prolonged physical exertion, more than straight women (and, probably, gay men) do.

But something I noticed in this women's Cup is that the number of lesbians changes a lot according to nation. The US and Brazilian squads, for some reason, are packed with lesbians, while European ones are not: in these there are between 0 and 1 lesbian per team (at least in the three nations I took a look at: France, Norway, and Holland). I think this is because in Europe there are fewer cultural restrictions against the participation of women in this type of sport, whereas in the US and Brazil, where sexism is more intense, only the more masculinized women will insist on challenging the norms.

As for the acceptability of gay men in sports, I don't see much change for the better. Just take a look at sports where gay men are overrepresented - usually aesthetically rich sports such as gymnastics and synchronized swimming; even here the number of athletes who are out is mediocre. At the last Olympics, the people here took a look at the social media accounts of various teams, and it was easily concluded that the American gymnastics team was almost exclusively gay. Still, the US didn't send a single out male athlete in 2016.

What seems to make room for gay athletes to come out, is the amount of fans that a given sport possesses. In soccer, men come out in countries that do not pay as much attention to the sport - countries like Australia and USA. In countries where there's more of an obsession with soccer, such as those of Europe and South America, I don't believe in coming-outs before 2050.

But, to be honest, in Brazil, of all places, there was already a coming-out of sorts, and a very prominent one: that of the player Edmundo, who, besides being someone who always projected masculinity (he's known as The Animal in his country), is certainly also among the top 5 players of the 90s, which were glorious for Brazilian soccer; but he came-out more as a straight man who occasionally fucks faggots than as a member of the LGBT community.

by Anonymousreply 298July 8, 2019 11:58 PM

Isn't T porn big in Brazil? There a little different in their norms.

by Anonymousreply 299July 9, 2019 12:07 AM

Well synchronized swimming has only begun to include men at international level in the last few years, R298, but I do agree with you about the rest. I mean even in figure skating it has only been a relatively recent development for there to be several out skaters at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 300July 9, 2019 12:20 AM

R300 I meant diving! In diving, one of the gayest sports, there's as far as I know only one out athlete, Tom Daley, and he isn't even properly out - he keeps lying that he's bi.

by Anonymousreply 301July 9, 2019 12:44 AM

Ah, thanks for clarifying, R301 :)!

by Anonymousreply 302July 9, 2019 12:53 AM

this thread has gone in a weird direction

by Anonymousreply 303July 9, 2019 12:56 AM

Jesus Christ, again with the Tom Daley being bi R301

by Anonymousreply 304July 9, 2019 12:57 AM

He was all of what, 14 when he said that (or looked it anyway) and worried that if the teenage girls didn't swoon over him anymore his endorsements would dry up? I don't recall hearing anything from him about bisexuality after he and Dustin Lance Black made it official.

by Anonymousreply 305July 9, 2019 3:51 AM

r305 I do, and recently even Dustin has joined in the farce, saying that he worries about girls. Nevermind that Tom has already cheated on him - with MALE models.

by Anonymousreply 306July 9, 2019 2:15 PM

Has Tom really cheated or do they have an open relationship that they don't want to acknowledge because it doesn't fit their brand?

by Anonymousreply 307July 9, 2019 2:19 PM

Everyone cheats on everyone. That's why it's pointless to have a bf. It's a fucking free-for-all.

by Anonymousreply 308July 9, 2019 3:38 PM

Would you want to have sex with DLB for the rest of your life?

by Anonymousreply 309July 9, 2019 3:42 PM

Eww no

by Anonymousreply 310July 9, 2019 7:48 PM

It looks like Will has a girlfriend.

[Quote] @terryscafelondon I miss you guys too and I’m gonna come down to you soon, I’ll round up luce and come for brekkie. Hope your all well. Sending love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311July 10, 2019 12:49 PM

Matchy matchy at the caff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312July 10, 2019 12:50 PM

Recline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313July 10, 2019 12:51 PM

Am I imagining the dick...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314July 10, 2019 12:52 PM

UK rapper outed on livestream? That hand around the neck, though... [Scroll to second vid]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315July 11, 2019 12:02 PM

dtwet

by Anonymousreply 316July 11, 2019 4:58 PM

Ok, how did anyone not know Juan Pablo Di Pace was gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317July 12, 2019 3:27 AM

How did anyone miss this guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318July 12, 2019 3:39 PM

^^^^ who is it?

by Anonymousreply 319July 12, 2019 3:49 PM

Has that Harvey Fierstein come out yet? I've heard some rumors about Nathan Lane too!

by Anonymousreply 320July 12, 2019 4:50 PM

R318 meet R33 and R98 and others...

by Anonymousreply 321July 12, 2019 6:01 PM

Madeen went very public in that university act, you don't go with your roommate to that kind of thing (and even less he sits with your family). I doubt he'll say a thing but it's a question of time they are caught together because they are not hiding either

by Anonymousreply 322July 12, 2019 7:35 PM

[quote] [R318] meet [R33] and [R98] and others...

I wasn't predicting him coming out, dear... (As if every post refers to the OP...)

by Anonymousreply 323July 12, 2019 10:06 PM

r322

Caught how? Smooching? Doing the horizontal mambo?

by Anonymousreply 324July 12, 2019 10:07 PM

r322 Which university act?

by Anonymousreply 325July 13, 2019 12:06 AM

He received an Honorary Doctorate of Drama from The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland in Glasgow

by Anonymousreply 326July 13, 2019 9:20 AM

Richard is a bisexual opportunist, a closet case and a coward. He will never come out. Brandon will realize this soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 327July 13, 2019 9:44 AM

Yeah sure, because dating a known gay actor is going to rise his career a lot.

And if he is a coward he is a dumb one, because cowards in HW don't openly date their male lovers, they date an actress or a model and don't let paps take pictures of him with their boyfriends.

A coward does what Jeremy Renner did, marry your beard while keep your boyfriend in the dark (it's so nice that the whole situation exploded in his face)

by Anonymousreply 328July 13, 2019 9:59 AM

Is Harry Styles already out?

by Anonymousreply 329July 13, 2019 10:04 AM

R328 Is a dumb fangirl.

by Anonymousreply 330July 13, 2019 10:04 AM

R330: I will take very seriously your insult because it's obvious you know what a dumb is all your life.

I only stated the obvious, if he was a coward he'll do exactly the same all cowards in HW do, hide in the closet, and that's not what he is doing. Even a simple mind like you should be able to realize that

by Anonymousreply 331July 13, 2019 10:09 AM

Well, last heard of Richard and Brandon were in Portugal holidaying with Richard's family so it seems as if Brandon is feeling pretty ok about things at the moment. They aren't hiding but I doubt there will be any grand coming out statement happening. Tbh, I'm not looking for one as long as there is no denying and they just go about their lives together

by Anonymousreply 332July 13, 2019 10:16 AM

R332 Yet he's still not OUT. He refuses to answer any questions about his sexuality or relationship. He doesn't mind having Brandon as his dirty little secret. This thread is about who will come out in 2019. We have 5 months left of the year, so there's no chance in hell the fucking coward will come out.

by Anonymousreply 333July 13, 2019 10:42 AM

Edgar Ramirez I always thought he had gay vibes. I hope he comes out he’s so damn sexy.

by Anonymousreply 334July 13, 2019 10:53 AM

He refused to talk about his previous relationships too.

I find incredibly funny how people are extremely harsh with actors in the glass closet but they don't say a fucking thing about the ones who are hiding in the closet, and you only need to go to some threads to find people who justify bearding.

And coming out doesn't help to be treated fairly, in fact you can expect to be bashed after coming out.

And when one said even the obvious things like Noah Galvin did he is bashed because, he is not hot enough so how he even has the guts to criticied.

And to be out you don't need to get the coming out cover now, there are a lot of ways to come out now, so we'll see

by Anonymousreply 335July 13, 2019 10:57 AM

all you have to do is follow Edgar on IG and notice his likes to know he's gay

by Anonymousreply 336July 13, 2019 3:10 PM

has anyone seen Noah Galvin's grindr account?

by Anonymousreply 337July 13, 2019 3:20 PM

Why do I care about a out gay man's Grindr account R337? What does that have to do with this thread?

by Anonymousreply 338July 13, 2019 4:26 PM

Writer, director and Actor Adam Robitel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339July 14, 2019 12:36 AM

Is Harry Styles out yet?

by Anonymousreply 340July 14, 2019 9:55 AM

No, he is not, and i highly doubt he'll come out anytime soon because he is quite fond of bearding (at least the gay rumours don't put him in killing mode like do with Louis Tomlinson)

by Anonymousreply 341July 14, 2019 10:01 AM

In some professions the old rules still apply, acting is one of them if you are a man and come you are shut out of certain roles such as leading man in male/female relationship dramas. Other professions such as physicians, lawyers and corporate executive to a lesser extent, I have friends in these areas who have expressed concerns about ingrained or subtle homophobia expressed by straight colleagues.

by Anonymousreply 342July 14, 2019 10:35 AM

But it's only a question of expectatives. Jessup came out when he had a prominent role next year (a straight role).

The problem is some actors think they are lead man material, when the truth is there are only few actors who play those roles on big budget films. In most cases the roles they are playing they could perfectly do the same being out of the closet.

And of course, between being out and faking relationships there's a lot of in between. When you start bearding there are a big probability that you end being unhappy and living a fake life (and some addictions are fueled in faking all the time being another person)

Singer was another profession where coming out was the end of your mainstream career, but that changed, and now it's not difficult to watch several openly gay singer on radio charts (and american radio is pretty conservative)

by Anonymousreply 343July 14, 2019 11:41 AM

Some like Luke Evans still get good roles despite being out.

by Anonymousreply 344July 14, 2019 1:29 PM

I don't remember a single gay actor whose career was really affected for coming out in recent years.

And even if Rupert Everett talk about this all the time is him being annoying on set and not being gay the thing that affected his career (and of course he came out long time ago where it was more dangerous)

by Anonymousreply 345July 14, 2019 1:33 PM

I can't name many openly gay actors with mainstream careers. If coming out were so safe, there should be more of them. I can only name 1 or 2. R345

by Anonymousreply 346July 14, 2019 1:41 PM

R346: Wrong, what you can't name is actors playing leading roles in big budget films, but there are tons of openly gay actors working in films and tv without any problem.

And when i talked about not affecting his careers i'm talking at being at the same level they were before coming out not about suddenly being lead man material

by Anonymousreply 347July 14, 2019 1:46 PM

R347 Yes, playing leading roles in big budget films = mainstream careers. I only know of Ian McKellen, Neil Patrick Harris, and maybe Luke Evans. The whole point of being closeted is to maximize fame and income.

by Anonymousreply 348July 14, 2019 3:09 PM

I think Zachary Quinto has had more success than Luke Evans.

Rupert Everett being out may have caused him to lose some roles when people who'd never met him were making the decisions, but ones who had met him had better reasons to treat him like a hot potato. Dude never met a bridge he couldn't burn.

by Anonymousreply 349July 14, 2019 3:56 PM

Richard Madden will never come out, sure he’s been on vacation with his twink for a month but recently he has been liking females pics lots of them on his Instagram which means he’s ready to go back...just in time for The Eternal cast announcement..

by Anonymousreply 350July 15, 2019 12:18 PM

R350 Stupid post is stupid

by Anonymousreply 351July 15, 2019 12:42 PM

R350: I got tired of post like this.

If he had a problem with his relationship being known he will do what all the HW closet cases do in HW, a fake relationship (if he is really bi he can even have a real one) and not going everywhere with "the twink" (who is well known himself and openly gay)

by Anonymousreply 352July 15, 2019 2:13 PM

R350 Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 353July 15, 2019 2:41 PM

Adam Robitel is cute

by Anonymousreply 354July 15, 2019 7:11 PM

IMO, Richard Madden isn't behaving like someone who plans to stay in the closet forever. His behavior isn't typical of a closet case.

by Anonymousreply 355July 16, 2019 1:22 AM

Richard is basically glass closeted right now.

by Anonymousreply 356July 16, 2019 1:23 AM

[quote]And of course, between being out and faking relationships, there's a lot of in between. When you start bearding there are a big probability that you end being unhappy and living a fake life (and some addictions are fueled in faking all the time being another person)

by Anonymousreply 357July 16, 2019 1:55 AM

Once Richard is officially cast In the Eternals he will eventually have to beard and stay in the closet, everybody who wants to play the Hollywood game does,you cant avoid it especially when mostly every one there advice you to do it when your star is on the raise...This will end in tears and heartbreak for Brandon but it will be a good valuable lesson for him as well.

by Anonymousreply 358July 16, 2019 2:44 AM

Richard will probably beard with one of his female Eternals costars.

by Anonymousreply 359July 16, 2019 2:47 AM

Can the Richard Madden obsessed fraus go back to their containment thread(s)? Leave the rest of us out of your incessant, blathering conspiracy theories about a C list actor.

by Anonymousreply 360July 16, 2019 3:38 AM

R360 Oh yes 1000 times...

by Anonymousreply 361July 16, 2019 3:41 AM

Gymnast Eddie Penev made it official recently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362July 16, 2019 7:39 AM

Can we talk more about Edgar Ramirez... what’s the Tea on him!? I never knew this

by Anonymousreply 363July 16, 2019 9:31 AM

R363 He's obviously gay and doesn't really hide it. His likes are obvious.

by Anonymousreply 364July 16, 2019 10:55 AM

R358 Marvel knows and they don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 365July 16, 2019 11:04 AM

Say It with Hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366July 18, 2019 12:06 AM

The only famous men who come out are the ones whose careers are in the shitters and need the publicity to get a few more roles before they fade back into obscurity. Actresses come out as bi because straight men think two women fucking is hot and it doesn't affect their careers at all.

by Anonymousreply 367July 18, 2019 1:14 AM

Sam Smith's career wasn't in the shitter. Neither is Lil Nas X's. Jonathan Groff's career wasn't going badly either...

by Anonymousreply 368July 18, 2019 1:21 AM

Wouldn't it make sense for richard to come out since marvel wants an out and proud gay for the lead role? Anyway the obvious hot gays like miss shawn mendes, Henry Cavill, hugh jackman etc. Are never coming out.

by Anonymousreply 369July 18, 2019 4:49 AM

Wouldn't it make sense for richard to come out since marvel wants an out and proud gay for the lead role? Anyway the obvious hot gays like miss shawn mendes, Henry Cavill, hugh jackman etc. Are never coming out.

by Anonymousreply 370July 18, 2019 4:49 AM

So what's the (tee hee) hard evidence on Jackman? I know he can sing and dance, but what's the scoop? Beyond vague rumors. Details please.

by Anonymousreply 371July 18, 2019 4:54 AM

I'm skeptical about Jackman. An Australian friend of mine knew a woman he was trying (and failing) to get into bed long before he was famous. That doesn't line up with closeted behavior as far as I can tell.

by Anonymousreply 372July 18, 2019 5:16 AM

[quote]So what's the (tee hee) hard evidence on Jackman? I know he can sing and dance, but what's the scoop? Beyond vague rumors. Details please.

Jackman, the wifey beard and John Palermo, his boyfriend and business partner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373July 18, 2019 6:04 AM

R372: I heard the rumours about Jackman (and they are persistent) but he doesn't fit the closet case mold at all. He played gay roles and he was pro gay rights since the beginning of his career (something most closet cases avoided, right now there are some that prefer to hide in plain sight now that gay rights are totally mainstream), he married way before being famous, and his wife is very far from the usual beard.

But who knows

by Anonymousreply 374July 18, 2019 1:31 PM

Sophia Bush Rami Malek Ryan Seacrest Baz Luhrmann Camilla Belle Kendall Jenner

by Anonymousreply 375July 18, 2019 1:40 PM

I think Baz Luhrmann came out ages ago, but he seems to be the type of gay (Stephen Daldry style) that marries a woman

by Anonymousreply 376July 18, 2019 1:46 PM

"He played gay roles and he was pro gay rights since the beginning of his career (something most closet cases avoided, right now there are some that prefer to hide in plain sight now that gay rights are totally mainstream), he married way before being famous, and his wife is very far from the usual beard."

Kevin Spacey played gay roles when he was in the closet. And Deb fits the beard profile pretty well, gay guys often want an older woman who can be a mom substitute, like Travolta and Diana Hyland.

by Anonymousreply 377July 18, 2019 3:15 PM

A moderately attractive man marrying a rich woman who's far beyond his years is a very common bearding situation. You're out of your depth, r374.

by Anonymousreply 378July 18, 2019 10:36 PM

What are the other common rules of bearding? Rock Hudson's wife was his boss' secretary, little age difference. Travolta's wife was a lesser star and younger than him. And then you have couples like Vincent Price and the actress Coral Browne... Price was already married, he didn't need a beard. Rosanno Brazzi's wife was an older frump. Was he gay?

by Anonymousreply 379July 18, 2019 10:45 PM

Jennifer Aniston (her lesbianism is an open secret that nobody talks about in Hollywood), Diane Neal (Z-list without a career, married and divorced some random gaymerkin), Emma Stone

by Anonymousreply 380July 19, 2019 4:39 AM

So how do people inform each other of this open secret? Smoke signals? Was the Heather who died of a tumor her lover?

by Anonymousreply 381July 19, 2019 4:42 AM

R381 everyone knows (Kimmel, Sandler, Howard Stern, Witherspoon, etc..) but don't ever expect her friends to discuss her lesbianism with the press (EVER)

Kevin Conroy desperately wants to come out but Warner Brothers won't let him (he is also HIV positive)

by Anonymousreply 382July 19, 2019 5:05 AM

R382 It doesn't sound like Kevin Conroy's hiding the fact that he's gay according to this.

[quote]At 17, Mr. Conroy began attending Juilliard on a scholarship, at one point sharing an apartment with Robin Williams and Frances Conroy. (A room with Christopher Reeve, the future Superman, was available, but unaffordable at $200 a month.) In the late 1980s, his stage career culminated with a Broadway production of “Eastern Standard,” in which he played a TV producer secretly living with AIDS.

[quote]“I went to so many funerals that I felt such a sense of obligation to do it right,” said Mr. Conroy, who is gay. During a moment alone onstage, he would break down. “Every night I would just wail, feeling all the pain. I couldn’t not feel it. It was a scream of, ‘Look what’s happening to us! Help!’”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383July 19, 2019 5:07 AM

Shit, wrong link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384July 19, 2019 5:07 AM

R384 weird, how come that article never gained any traction? also that "is gay" is so vague IMHO. It could literally mean anything. I was talking about something along the lines as "I identify myself as a homosexual male". Just to be clear, I'm not bashing or criticizing Conroy in any way, shape or form. He is the utmost professional (polite, kind, always on time, never complains or whines, creative, etc..). Another small tidbit; his rate (for voice-acting) was $600 per hour (circa 2014-2015) -- he has a side deal with Warner Brothers for the Batman gigs.

by Anonymousreply 385July 19, 2019 5:24 AM

R377: Are you seriously comparing Jackman and Spacey situations? because they have nothing in common. Jackman was an action actor when he arrived to HW, so it was way more uncommon playing gay roles and even making theatre, and i don't remember Spacey being pro gay rights, like never (he only used gays to his own benefit when the scandal exploded and it didn't worked).

An maybe his wife fits the beard role, but he was married before starting his career in HW and being successful. Actors generally only use beard to promote the career and hide the honosexuality once the career take off

by Anonymousreply 386July 19, 2019 1:15 PM

Ok, this is getting pathetic. "Just turn your back and wait for him to get papped. Then make your own exit."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387July 19, 2019 7:58 PM

This article amused me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388July 19, 2019 8:28 PM

Efforts to turn this thread into a stealth RM&BF thread are still ongoing, I see.

by Anonymousreply 389July 19, 2019 8:32 PM

R388: It's funny because they don't even try to be subtle.

Anyway, i don't think Madden will come out anytime soon (unless they are caught kissing or something like that) and Brandon is already out, so probably not the best thread for them right now

by Anonymousreply 390July 19, 2019 8:50 PM

There's video. It looks like he turns his back to avoid being pictured with a cigarette. Apparently, Craig's is a papparazzi magnet so it makes little sense why they'd congregate around the rear. They knew what they were in for when they booked a table.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391July 19, 2019 9:02 PM

[Quote] Efforts to turn this thread into a stealth RM&BF thread are still ongoing, I see.

Those threads were full of non-DLers. I don't see why actual DLers should not post about LGBT celebrities because of what happened previously. I haven't seen a fanfiction or squee post on this thread...

by Anonymousreply 392July 19, 2019 9:04 PM

[Quote] i don't think Madden will come out anytime soon

I guess it depends how you define coming out. Coverage of this is certainly more concrete that much of what takes up this thread.

by Anonymousreply 393July 19, 2019 9:06 PM

Enough about Madden. I don't give a shit. Muriel closed those threads for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 394July 19, 2019 9:08 PM

R393: I was talking DL standards of coming out. The guy was called a coward closet case (even if he goes with his bf everywhere)

R394: I didn't know this was all about you. It's pretty obvioius others have some interest in him

by Anonymousreply 395July 19, 2019 9:09 PM

r392 This thread is about celebs - from A-list to Z-listers - who have or we think might come out in 2019, preferably as HOMOSEXUAL. Flynn has already come out and Madden is a closeted bisexual. Either way, they shouldn't be discussed in this particular thread any longer.

How is this so hard to understand?

by Anonymousreply 396July 19, 2019 9:11 PM

R396: Maybe because some people think Madden will indeed come out this year.

To be honest, i think the probabilities are almost the same that Julian Morris comes out this year

by Anonymousreply 397July 19, 2019 9:13 PM

It's strange how some people on this thread type things like "look at his likes, he's basically out" about Celeb X, while writing that Celeb Y is a "coward closet case", even though Y has repeatedly been seen with the guy he's fucking (oh, but that guy's a "dirty little secret").

Rather transparent, Don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 398July 19, 2019 9:17 PM

[Quote] To be honest, i think the probabilities are almost the same that Julian Morris comes out this year

What makes you say that? Work seems to have slowed for Morris. And I doubt he'd come out in that sad "for press" way.

by Anonymousreply 399July 19, 2019 9:18 PM

Lol jackman is a full on flaming gay, he attended many of singers famous party's where he got fucked by plenty of hot guys, it's common knowledge. That friend is likely full of shit if she even exists. I can make up a lame story like that too easily, he hit on my female got waitress but she turned him down.

by Anonymousreply 400July 19, 2019 9:19 PM

Jackman likes to get pounded by these type of unfortunate looking creatures?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401July 19, 2019 9:23 PM

We see right through you filthy fat frau cows. Jackman takes it up the ass.

by Anonymousreply 402July 19, 2019 9:29 PM

We see right through you filthy fat frau cows. Jackman takes it up the ass.

by Anonymousreply 403July 19, 2019 9:29 PM

R399: Julian did with last year just what Connor Jessup talked in his coming out about not wanting to do, just talk about your gay character like it was something totally outside of you. So i doubt Julian will come out anytime soon.

Richard won't do the interview, but he is not hiding. In fact Connor and Miles are way more discret, of course people are saying that Miles will not come out either, but in both cases with an out boyfriend it's only a question of time

by Anonymousreply 404July 19, 2019 9:31 PM

Sean O'Pry is gay but his agency and/or manager won't let him come out. They honestly believe he can be the next Channing Tatum (model turned successful actor) -- exact same deal with Simon Nessman.

by Anonymousreply 405July 20, 2019 1:14 AM

He's gay but he allowed her to forgo bangs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406July 20, 2019 2:14 AM

Yeah, we dont care about Madden, his threads are closed because fangirls were repeating the same thing every 1 hour.

Better let's talk about male models and hot guys, unfortunately I dont believe Sean is gay.

by Anonymousreply 407July 20, 2019 2:22 AM

[Quote] unfortunately I dont believe Sean is gay.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 408July 20, 2019 2:24 AM

Sean is gay and follows, and is follow back, by plenty of celebrity gays. Gay celebrity Instagram seldom assembles around straight men like that, especially D-list ones.

by Anonymousreply 409July 20, 2019 2:26 AM

I don't follow modelling but isn't O'Pry (What kind of name is that? Ellis Island "fixing"?) a top model? Are you saying he's D-List relative to a movie star?

by Anonymousreply 410July 20, 2019 2:28 AM

r410 Yeah, there's no such thing as an A-list male model.

by Anonymousreply 411July 20, 2019 2:41 AM

r409

Who are some of the names? (If the ginger from Modern Family is one, you don't have to namecheck him.)

by Anonymousreply 412July 20, 2019 2:45 AM

This has been another disappointing year for men coming out.

by Anonymousreply 413July 20, 2019 2:50 AM

People don’t “come out” anymore. My completely subjective opinion is that, due to increased societal inclusion, younger gay men don’t go into the “closet” as much as they used to.

Most guys are either actually straight, or you can tell they’re gay from space. Nobody straddles the line anymore.

by Anonymousreply 414July 20, 2019 3:05 AM

R414 Horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 415July 20, 2019 3:06 AM

R409 I'm not privy when it comes to IG. Who are the gay celebrities that he follows (and vice-versa)? Is he (O'pry) Edgar Ramirez-esque when it comes to handing out likes on IG (ex: any shredded hunk gets a like)?

by Anonymousreply 416July 20, 2019 3:06 AM

That's a nice reading of the situation. But this thread is about celebrities. Not much has changed, really. Even the people citing the Scottish player as a groundbreaker... well, that remains to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 417July 20, 2019 3:07 AM

Without the few gf posts peppered in here and there, O’Pry’s IG is pretty damn gay, TBH. A beautiful man with his dog, photoshopping his head into campy movies and selling his pout to us through the camera. Checks all the boxes.

by Anonymousreply 418July 20, 2019 3:10 AM

r414, maybe YOU can tell who is gay, but plenty of straights have no idea. I know straight people who were shocked when Kevin Spacey came out, for crying out loud. And younger guys feel plenty of pressure to closet themselves, especially if they are in image-conscious professions like showbiz, sports, or politics.

by Anonymousreply 419July 20, 2019 3:12 AM

Yeah, this is the kind of campy you don't really see with straight men. And O'Pry was born around the time it came out. It's not like Big Business is generally well known among his generation. The Lizzie McGuire movie, maybe, but not Big Business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420July 20, 2019 3:20 AM

Interview. I don't want to stereotype but that opening question...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421July 20, 2019 3:40 AM

You don't have to come out anymore, you can just call yourself queer and never address the topic again. What does queer mean, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 422July 20, 2019 3:55 AM

It means "I like dick". Same as gay.

by Anonymousreply 423July 20, 2019 4:00 AM

r423 Maybe, but you don't have to use gay anymore, it's the new trend

by Anonymousreply 424July 20, 2019 4:08 AM

R421 Good Lord! As soon as they spoke a brand new Prada purse fell out of their mouth.

by Anonymousreply 425July 20, 2019 4:15 AM

Sean O'Pry is from Georgia? That accent sounds very modified, almost like someone who was born and partly raised in another country.

by Anonymousreply 426July 20, 2019 4:19 AM

[Quote] I also think that. And so does my mother.

A boy's best friend...

by Anonymousreply 427July 20, 2019 4:22 AM

The way he says "self-preference" at 1:40 cracks me up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428July 20, 2019 7:03 AM

R413 Nah, this year is so much better than last year imo. Last year we barely had anyone famous come out. This year we had Connor Jessup, Tyler Blackburn, Rafael De La Fuente, Ben Platt, Cameron Hawthorn, Dan Howell, Phil Lester, Eugene Lee Yang, Ryan Sampson and Juan Pablo Di Pace.

by Anonymousreply 429July 20, 2019 9:55 AM

R413 Also, as a follow up; if you expect A-list celebs to come out you will be disappointed. It's never gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 430July 20, 2019 9:56 AM

R407: It's exactly the same with the Chalamet threads and the are not closed. At least there are a little chance that Madden will come out, i don't think we can say the same about Chalamet.

And O'Pry always had gay rumours around him (nothing new on male models anyway), and he even was linked to Jack Falahee (who later came out as straight). Jack seems a nice guy with good intentions, but he has a tendency to go around in circles till he hang up with his own words (that coming out was as messy as Lucas Hedges coming out)

R413: It depends of what do you think it's a A list celebrity. If you are talking about people who are box office gold and sell a lot of tickets, there no way those come out, if you understand as A list people who are highly respected and receive great reviews and awards, in those cases things are different

by Anonymousreply 431July 20, 2019 11:07 AM

I forgot to mention Lil Nas X.

by Anonymousreply 432July 20, 2019 2:12 PM

R431 Sean O’pry ’always’ had gay rumors? Since when? He’s not a celebrity. Soon after starting modeling he began a long term relationship with Romanian model Diana Moldovan, later on he had/has? a relationship with model Samantha Gradoville. Btw, Sean has lost his looks long time ago imo. When he started out, he already had the sharp features, slanted eyes, prominent cheekbones, but also more baby fat in the face and lips which gave him some sensuality. By now he has lost IT and looks haggard and old. But I there was one time, before he lost his looks, when he interviewed Simon Nessman and had some chemistry with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433July 20, 2019 4:28 PM

[Quote] Soon after starting modeling he began a long term relationship with Romanian model Diana Moldovan, later on he had/has? a relationship with model Samantha Gradoville.

What does this even mean? Merv Griffin had a long term relationship with Eva Gabor.

by Anonymousreply 434July 20, 2019 4:30 PM

R434 but Shawn wasn’t a celebrity back then. He was a young guy who had just began modeling and and started to date another model. Entering a long term relationship at that age, being unknown for bearding doesn’t make any sense. Also, his girlfriends were as gorgeous as himself.

by Anonymousreply 435July 20, 2019 4:38 PM

[Quote] He was a young guy who had just began modeling and and started to date another model.

Sean hit the top almost immediately. And who's to say what that long term relationship was about? Jonathan Groff and Lea Michele have a long term relationship. It doesn't mean they've ever fucked. And Groff and Michele were besties long before he came out. Jill Haworth was gorgeous - that has no bearing on Sal Mineo liking dick...

by Anonymousreply 436July 20, 2019 4:47 PM

R433 dude.. you can't be serious.. watch both videos that were linked (featuring Sean). Every time he opens his mouth a purse falls out. It's almost as bad as Shawn Mendes. Just because PEOPLE magazine says X and Y are dating it isn't necessarily true. Having your picture taken in a romantic manner doesn't mean anything. (case in point Jonathan Groff and Lea Michele -- before he came out). You seem like a fan boy who is in denial about your modeling hero being a gay man.

Bearding is just as common in the "modeling world" as it in in Hollywood. High-end clothing/accessory companies need whoever is representing their brand to come off as wholesome and "pure"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437July 20, 2019 6:15 PM

[Quote] dude.. you can't be serious..

I don't think you're talking to a dude...

by Anonymousreply 438July 20, 2019 6:26 PM

I remember when that Taylor Swift's Blank Space video was release and almost all comments about Sean were about him being gay. It's not like it's something people only think on DL.

If Jonathan Groff didn't came out before Glee i'm pretty sure the rumours that he was dating Lea will spread without a problem. In fact i read several articles in magazines that openly speculated about them even when he came out several years before.

People just love the coworkers become lovers thing.

He was asking fans questions in a video and one of them asked him if Lea's mouth tasted llike home, because they played a couple a lot of times

And there's a lot of male models who are gay, but they know the moment they come out they will get in trouble to get the big contracts. Even Jon Kortajarena never talks about his sexual orientation (but in that case he seems really private no matter what)

by Anonymousreply 439July 20, 2019 6:45 PM

Groff was definitely out by the time he was on Glee. He came out in 2009.

by Anonymousreply 440July 20, 2019 6:47 PM

There's a model who was openly gay - at least I think he was - in the last decade. He was Brazilian but he looked European. Brown hair, brown eyes, pale skin. I think he may even have openly dated another model. Anyone recall his name?

by Anonymousreply 441July 20, 2019 7:23 PM

R440:Of course he was, but that didn't stopped the journalist to openly speculate about him and Lea

by Anonymousreply 442July 20, 2019 7:30 PM

R441 I only remember Matt (Matthew) Merrell. He was /is openly gay, has married his husband a couple of years ago, but he is not Brazilian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443July 20, 2019 7:55 PM

r443

Thanks for the suggestion, but the guy I'm thinking of was much more elegant looking. He was the kind of model that would look great in a Brideshead Revisited / Another Country shoot.

by Anonymousreply 444July 20, 2019 8:03 PM

r444 Rafael Verga?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445July 20, 2019 8:07 PM

R483 I am a dude who was really into high fashion 10 years ago. I followed Sean a lot since his first job as the opener of the Calvin Klein menswear show for spring 2008 (and stopped caring when he lost his looks, lol). His look back then was a sensation and the fashion scene was crazy about him. But very soon after his breakthrough it was known that he was dating Diana Moldovan so I thought he was straight for sure. He was only 17 when they started dating and their relationship must have lasted 3+ years. He does not have gay face or gay mannerism but as some other poster wrote, the fashion scenes discriminated against obviously gay men, thus such guys couldn’t have success anyway. But I must admit that the video where he interviews Simon Nessman is kind of hot. I do get the impression Sean was a bit flirty and kind of offering himself to Simon with all the ogling, admiration, lip pursing, compliments .... But who knows. (RJ Rogensky is gay but comes across as super straight which is party why he is successful.) At least, Sean’s IG doesn’t seem gay to me, he follows way more hot women then hot men, so his feed is full of hot women. And btw, I never thought he had gay voice but just a southern accent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446July 20, 2019 8:27 PM

r445

Actually, the model I was thinking of is Argentinian - Nicolas Ripoll (left, pictured with Juan Manuel Arancibia on the right).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447July 20, 2019 8:29 PM

Oof. He needs the softness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448July 20, 2019 8:32 PM

[Quote] I never thought he had gay voice but just a southern accent.

He doesn't speak with a pronounced southern accent.

by Anonymousreply 449July 20, 2019 8:33 PM

R447 Nicolas Ripoll is gay for sure. It was even said that he was married to Juan Manuel. They even did a few editorial as a couple in some obscure fashion magazines. He did a great job as a straight lover in an ad for Chloe perfumes with Clemency Poesy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450July 20, 2019 8:37 PM

... also a credible job as a straight man for H&M with Anna Ewers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451July 20, 2019 8:39 PM

I don't think Sean O'Pry is gay. Nothing sticks out on his Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 452July 20, 2019 9:13 PM

🙄

by Anonymousreply 453July 20, 2019 9:19 PM

[Quote] I don't think Sean O'Pry is gay. Nothing sticks out on his Instagram.

See r420 for one.

by Anonymousreply 454July 20, 2019 9:24 PM

Are you talking about Cesar Casier maybe, R441?

And if we're talking about openly gay models there are RJ King and Miles McMillan as well of course.

by Anonymousreply 455July 20, 2019 9:29 PM

Tom Hiddleston.

by Anonymousreply 456July 20, 2019 9:29 PM

R441 Cesar is obviously gay but only had a short career in fashion. RJ King is someone you could say, always had gay rumors. But he used to date several girls (albeit unattractive) as a cover, had an ambiguous relationship with Andrej/Andrea Pejic. Then he came out big time with Theo Battaglia and presented himself like an lgbt activist, lol. R448 RJ Rogensky does look a bit like a bird but his look is very sophisticated IMO. He’s one of the best and most successful male models all time without a doubt.

by Anonymousreply 457July 20, 2019 9:37 PM

I meant Ripoll, who's not actually Brazilian. He's Argentinian. And he only has 17k followers on IG. Shit. 2012 was an age ago, I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458July 20, 2019 9:40 PM

R441 I am not surprised with Nicola’s his low number of followers. He is not drop dead gorgeous but has a a face that is both classic, old Hollywood style and edgy, full of character at the same time. His body is perfect for high fashion but too narrow and thin for the mainstream. Most male influencers with 500k+ Followers are all about flaunting their body (in a sexual way), personal style, relationships, vacation, food etc. Nicolas is just canvas for the fashion brands and magazines he models for. His IG is mostly about his work, the personal stuff don’t look polished enough to impress the crowds.

by Anonymousreply 459July 20, 2019 9:52 PM

Who is Ripoll with now? Or is he footloose and boyfriend free?

by Anonymousreply 460July 20, 2019 9:57 PM

Sunglasses, indoors?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461July 20, 2019 9:58 PM

RJ had a boyfriend before Theo.

What about Jhonattan Burjack? He is gorgeous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462July 21, 2019 1:16 AM

"Nicolas Ripoll is gay for sure. It was even said that he was married to Juan Manuel."

Those two should make a sex tape!

by Anonymousreply 463July 21, 2019 2:21 AM

Was married?

Nicolas Ripoll follows some gorgeous guys. This guy has exactly the kind of horsey face I like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464July 21, 2019 2:43 AM

Ugh. Tell me she's his sister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465July 21, 2019 2:44 AM

R465 He calls her babe soooo probably not the sister, but with gen Z or Y or whatever they call themselves you can't be totally sure. He does have a horse face though.

by Anonymousreply 466July 21, 2019 4:01 AM

I'd hit it HARD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467July 21, 2019 4:33 AM

R429 I don't know who any of those people are, so obviously those nobodies don't count for much.

And no I'm not old.

by Anonymousreply 468July 21, 2019 4:39 AM

Ripoll also follows Sean Ford, Igor Kolomiyets (sp?) and the Warwick Rowers...

by Anonymousreply 469July 21, 2019 4:41 AM

Stop trying to pretend that you don't know at least some of them, it doesn't make you cool R468

It just makes you a shut in.

by Anonymousreply 470July 21, 2019 4:42 AM

Chace is now a muscle queen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471July 21, 2019 6:01 AM

With those muscles he'll get all the girls! /s

by Anonymousreply 472July 21, 2019 6:06 AM

What is a chace?

by Anonymousreply 473July 21, 2019 6:10 AM

Chace Crawford, formally of Gossip Girl. Someone who's had gay rumors for years.

by Anonymousreply 474July 21, 2019 6:15 AM

R471 OMG, he is hideous and creepy now. His appeal was looking friendly, soft, pretty. He should have kept that baby face forever like Ryan Phillipe.

by Anonymousreply 475July 21, 2019 8:32 AM

R468: You are not old but you are stupid for sure if you think what meassures people's popularity is your knowledge of them

by Anonymousreply 476July 21, 2019 10:49 AM

Any YouTube vids of Chace Crawford acting "girly"? (think: Taylor Lautner or Keith Urban) because he has never pinged for me.

by Anonymousreply 477July 21, 2019 5:41 PM

Is acting girly your only benchmark for pinging?

(And wasn't Chace Crawford outed in an article a couple of years ago? I think it was an NY publication.)

by Anonymousreply 478July 21, 2019 5:46 PM

There's been multiple articles over the years about Chace

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479July 21, 2019 5:48 PM

[Quote] At a crowded movie premiere in Midtown recently, The Observer witnessed a young movie and TV star—a dashing young man who’s been involved with several starlets despite whispers about his close relationships with other men—sitting for the entire party in close conversation with a well-groomed gent, even as his co-stars circulated. As we passed, the plus-one stared us down, as if to say, “Step off,” or perhaps, “Don’t you dare write about this.”

[Quote] Nor did we, since the question of whether it is news that a virile young actor was enjoying the company of one man—if not the company of men—is very much still open.

[Quote] There’s also the simple matter of defusing the knowing laughter of a public that maybe just doesn’t care that much anymore. “If you’re in the closet,” said Mr. Bass, “you get made fun of more than if you just come out!”

[Quote] If he’s in fact gay, that’s a lesson Chace Crawford—the dashing, engrossed young man at the premiere—may do well to heed.

This is rather silly - particularly the look that "said" "Don't you dare write about this".

What's striking is that Crawford was named, not the "proof," and that he or his reps remained silent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480July 21, 2019 5:58 PM

R478 pretty much, unless there are pictures of him out there hanging out at the beach with his "best friend" (à la Luke Evans, Ricky Martin, Jon Kortajarena, pre 2012 Anderson Cooper, etc). How else is my gay-radar supposed to work? so I ask again, any vids of him acting like a queen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481July 21, 2019 6:05 PM

[Quote] pretty much, unless there are pictures of him out there hanging out at the beach with his "best friend" (à la Luke Evans, Ricky Martin, Jon Kortajarena, pre 2012 Anderson Cooper, etc). How else is my gay-radar supposed to work? so I ask again, any vids of him acting like a queen?

How many posts are there on thise thread chronicling the SM activity of closeted gays? There are more ways to ping than "Hey, gurl, hey." You sound like you're posting from the 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 482July 21, 2019 6:15 PM

*this thread

by Anonymousreply 483July 21, 2019 6:15 PM

Boy band member who already came out, sheds bi label.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484July 21, 2019 6:18 PM

R482 you act as if I know all these actors, musicians, models, comics, etc.. IRL/personally (I don't). Candid footage (be it interviews or pictures) is all I (we) have.

I genuinely believe 98% of the names thrown around here are gay (Cruise, Clooney, DiCaprio, Aniston, Kidman, Garfield, Cooper, Renner, Lautner, David Muir, Sebastian Stan..) -- call me crazy but as far as I'm concerned Chace Crawford and Zac Efron do not ping and are not gay.

by Anonymousreply 485July 21, 2019 6:24 PM

R484 Duncan shed his bi label years ago

by Anonymousreply 486July 21, 2019 6:26 PM

R462 He pings to me but has a long term anorexic looking model girlfriend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487July 21, 2019 6:27 PM

r486

That's what I thought. But apparently he muddied the waters by saying a few years ago something like "I may still have sex with women but I'm gay".

by Anonymousreply 488July 21, 2019 6:30 PM

[Quote] you act as if I know all these actors, musicians, models, comics, etc.. IRL/personally (I don't). Candid footage (be it interviews or pictures) is all I (we) have.

No, it's absolutely not. The accounts celebrities follow, the pics they overwhelming like, the sentiments of posts they heart - all can give a strong indication that they're family.

[Quote] call me crazy but as far as I'm concerned Chace Crawford and Zac Efron do not ping and are not gay.

I think we can all live with your disbelief.

I bet many would say that Tab Hunter didn't ping. He was still gay.

by Anonymousreply 489July 21, 2019 6:35 PM

*overwhelmingly

by Anonymousreply 490July 21, 2019 6:35 PM

Just because someone doesn't ping to you, doesn't mean they can't be gay.

by Anonymousreply 491July 21, 2019 6:37 PM

r487 I didnt know he has a girlfriend, he pings, anyway I think there are more young male models saying they are gay/bi and openly dating guys, something that you didnt see very often a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 492July 21, 2019 6:47 PM

R489 Tab Hunter did ping though (albeit very lightly)

Why don't you link some vids of Chace acting like a queen? Hell.. even a handful of screenshots of him (his IG) liking random pictures of buff men on IG (see Edgar Ramirez and Pedro Pascal) would convince me that he is gay/bi -- until then you are a pipe dreamer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493July 21, 2019 6:49 PM

[Quote] Hell.. even a handful of screenshots of him (his IG) liking random pictures of buff men on IG (see Edgar Ramirez and Pedro Pascal) would convince me that he is gay/bi

So you've changed your stance...

[Quote] -- until then you are a pipe dreamer

Strange. I already said your belief or disbelief makes no difference to this thread. You're clearly bothered or you wouldn't feel the need to throw out little insults like "dreamer", (You got me on liking pipe, though.)

by Anonymousreply 494July 21, 2019 7:01 PM

R494 you initially brought that up and I agree to a certain extent -- as long as it's blatant and done publicly (again see Edgar Ramirez and Pedro Pascal IG activity)

[quote]No, it's absolutely not. The accounts celebrities follow, [bold]the pics they overwhelming like, the sentiments of posts they heart[/bold] - all can give a strong indication that they're family.

I'm bothered because you continue to insist that Chace is gay/bi without providing any sort of marginal proof.

by Anonymousreply 495July 21, 2019 7:11 PM

People have been arguing about Chace's sexuality for nearly a decade at this point.

by Anonymousreply 496July 21, 2019 7:13 PM

[Quote] I'm bothered because you continue to insist that Chace is gay/bi

How many of my posts feature the word "Chace" (or even a "he" referring to him)? My posts have been focussed on questioning your logic ("Show me a vid of him mincing!" etc.). The way you felt the need to bring Zac Efron into the conversation... I suspect we have a Fiona in our midst...

by Anonymousreply 497July 21, 2019 7:16 PM

R497 You are right, you never brought up Chace to begin with. Apologies for misinterpreting your previous replies. I still say that candid pictures and videos is all "we" have (Cavill at a Gay & LGBT pool party, Mendes acting like a queen on video, Lautner and his floppy wrists, Travolta trolling for cock at the local gym late at night, etc..)

closeted male celebs inadvertently outing themselves through their IG activity happens so sporadically that it doesn't even count (at least for me)

I'm done with the pissing war.

by Anonymousreply 498July 21, 2019 7:31 PM

[Quote] closeted male celebs inadvertently outing themselves through their IG activity happens so sporadically that it doesn't even count (at least for me)

I don't think that kind of self outing tends to be inadvertent. In the social media age, I think more and more closeted celebrities are testing the waters via SM. Names that come to mind include Kevin McHale, Connor Jessup - and one of the names you cite: Edgar Ramirez.

by Anonymousreply 499July 21, 2019 7:39 PM

Hot!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500July 22, 2019 12:13 AM

A kiss is just a kiss...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501July 22, 2019 12:19 AM

R500 R501 What the fuck do these posts have to do with this topic?

by Anonymousreply 502July 22, 2019 12:22 AM

R481 I agree completely. For me pinging = detecting feminine traits in men. Gayface, gay mannerism, gay voice, gay smile are all about adopting certain behavioral patterns that are typical for women. How else are you gonna tell them apart?

R493 Just from looking at his pictures I can see Tab had gayface (moderately) and gay smile (strongly).

But some gay men don‘t have any of these and could easily pass as straight - e. g. Nicolas Ripoll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503July 22, 2019 12:31 AM

I think this may be his bf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504July 22, 2019 12:34 AM

Bros broing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505July 22, 2019 12:34 AM

Or maybe ex. These posts are old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506July 22, 2019 12:36 AM

R500 looks like Ezra Miller. I’d smash either way.

by Anonymousreply 507July 22, 2019 12:49 AM

Can someone posts some gay smiles?

by Anonymousreply 508July 22, 2019 12:51 AM

going back on topic

Shonda Rhimes; your deal with NetFlix has already been approved by the board of directors, Spencer Neumann, Hastings and co. You are getting your money NO MATTER WHAT. Come out already. Everybody knows that you are a gay. (Someone oughta tweet her that)

by Anonymousreply 509July 22, 2019 6:04 AM

I don't think anyone really cares if Shonda Rhimes is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 510July 22, 2019 6:07 AM

Does Shonda have a gal she's fonda?

by Anonymousreply 511July 22, 2019 6:23 AM

R508 Here's a pic with gay smiles on it from another recent thread (all guys on the pic use it except the middle one). Gay smile is characterized by a very expressive, open and emotional demeanor: the mouth is big, the eyebrows are arched, the eyes sparkle. Overall you get an the impression of submission, softness and exaggeration, like the smiler really wants to please you.

The straight smile of men is less expressive and open, emotionally involved and exaggerated.

While neither is conclusive evidence of one's sexual orientation, the frequent use of gay smile adds to the overall picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512July 22, 2019 7:36 AM

Here's a pic with an openly gay man and Marcus Bachmann. While the openly gay uses a slight gay smile only, you can see it on Marcus' face at full force.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513July 22, 2019 7:41 AM

Tab's gay smile is mostly characterized by the exaggerated mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514July 22, 2019 7:48 AM

Sorry but gayface is a complete stupidity, your face is what you inherited and doesn't say your sexual orientation at all.

And there are way more things that "femenine" traits, one man can be totlaly masculine and be very clear that he is gay

by Anonymousreply 515July 22, 2019 1:12 PM

r504, did Zachary Quinto tap that?

by Anonymousreply 516July 22, 2019 4:11 PM

I'm sure he tapped them all R516

by Anonymousreply 517July 22, 2019 4:12 PM

R515 gayface is a well established staple on the DL, way more established than you if you try to call it into question. It has been analyzed on numerous threads. It has been backed by science already. Look it up in these old thread I linked for your information.

And what are those traits that makes you recognize gays other than feminine traits? Making nebulous claims with nothing to back up is not a great contribution to a discussion ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518July 22, 2019 7:09 PM

If your still not convinced ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519July 22, 2019 7:10 PM

... it‘s your loss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520July 22, 2019 7:10 PM

Gayface exists, but it's not universal.

by Anonymousreply 521July 22, 2019 7:11 PM

R521 No gaydar is accurate 100 %. There are always guys that fly under the radar [ Nicolas Ripoll ;-) ]. But gayface is real in most cases, which is a scientifically proven fact by now. Calling it BS is not appropriate when it is correct most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 522July 22, 2019 7:17 PM

I'm pretty sure my father beat the feminine qualities out of me when I was a child.

by Anonymousreply 523July 22, 2019 7:31 PM

R518: "More established than you" how old are you? 12

Being cute and boyish is not the same that being gay. I call it bullshit because that's exactly what it is. Some people with gayface are gay, that's for sure, but a broken clock always is right two times every day

by Anonymousreply 524July 22, 2019 7:31 PM

R524 I am old enough to remember gayface being discussed intensively on the DL for the last 15 years. The more you post, the more obvious your lack of education becomes.

Let me tell you one last time: Nobody claimed being cute and boyish is the same as gay. Nobody claimed all people with gayface are gay or all gay people have gayface. Nobody claims there is CAUSAL relationship regarding gayface and being gay. You make up BS and then try to refute it.

CORRELATION, however, is not BS. PROBABILITY is not BS. It has been proven by science. If that is above your head, there‘s no point in any further discussion with you.

by Anonymousreply 525July 22, 2019 8:24 PM

Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 526July 22, 2019 8:25 PM

Angela Merkel

by Anonymousreply 527July 22, 2019 8:25 PM

R525: Yes, because your knowledge about "gayface" is what shows the education you have. Hell, yeah.

Anyway, this is absurd and pointless so i let it here, because it has nothing with the theme of the threadç

R527: Angela Merkel is married to a man, i highly doubt she'll come out in 2019

R526: He is a disgusting pussy hound, straight can have him (even nobody deserved that scum)

by Anonymousreply 528July 22, 2019 8:37 PM

R528 My knowledge of gayface does show my education. It is based on the distinction of correlation and causation, which is something you fail grasp. Btw, when I wrote you lacked education, I already tried to put it in a nice way ...

by Anonymousreply 529July 22, 2019 9:28 PM

What we call gayface are feminine expressions in a masculine face. That has nothing to do with looking boyish and cute. If anything, gayface stands out the older you are and the more masculine your facial traits.

by Anonymousreply 530July 22, 2019 9:47 PM

Wonder if Davi Santos will ever come out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531July 22, 2019 11:48 PM

Gayface is typically big uninhibited smile, whereas most people control their smile.

Or it’s an earnestly semi-sultry or sassy facial pose on a well groomed man. Straight men don’t take regular pictures in a sultry or sassy way.

Finally, and semblance of duckface or purses lips on a twink, especially an aged-twink is auto-gay-face.

by Anonymousreply 532July 23, 2019 1:43 AM

“and” = “any”

“purses” = “pursed”

Jesus, I’m a drunk fuck.

by Anonymousreply 533July 23, 2019 1:45 AM

Would you describe this pose as sultry?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534July 23, 2019 1:47 AM

Of course not, R534. That pose is about as heterosexual as you can get!

by Anonymousreply 535July 23, 2019 1:50 AM

Can't believe this turned into a discussion about gayface

by Anonymousreply 536July 23, 2019 1:50 AM

"Most people" don't inhibit their smile. Most men do. Most women don't, they smile ear to ear, which is why many gay men do it. We identify with women and take cues from the same cultural reservoir as them. It's an unconscious process that begins even before we learn what gay is. Hence why many gay boys - toddlers even - want to try mom's lipstick or wear her high heels.

by Anonymousreply 537July 23, 2019 1:52 AM

Not just gayface, gay SMILES!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538July 23, 2019 1:54 AM

Is Harry Styles already out? He is stunning.

by Anonymousreply 539July 23, 2019 3:17 AM

Is Harry Styles already out? He is stunning.

by Anonymousreply 540July 23, 2019 3:17 AM

R536 Right? But it's gonna hit the post limit soon anyways so there's no point in trying to redirect it back to the topic. Someone can probably start a part 5 to get back to the OG discussion, barring it doesn't get paywalled for being too "active".

by Anonymousreply 541July 23, 2019 3:32 AM

I don’t think any filthy casuals post in these threads.

by Anonymousreply 542July 23, 2019 3:34 AM

Richard Armitage lol, KJ Apa maybe with a push.

by Anonymousreply 543July 23, 2019 3:38 AM

[Quote] I don’t think any filthy casuals post in these threads.

I wouldn't bet on it, especially if some flavor of the month gets mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 544July 23, 2019 3:42 AM

KJ Apa's instagram is pretty gay.

by Anonymousreply 545July 23, 2019 3:46 AM

Diego Boneta

by Anonymousreply 546July 23, 2019 3:52 AM

If Armitage didn't come out when Sir Ian inadvertently outed Lee Pace, why would he now?

by Anonymousreply 547July 23, 2019 4:03 AM

Armitage is pathetic and he will die a lonely man.

by Anonymousreply 548July 23, 2019 4:07 AM

R534 The facial expression is quite sassy but overall there's too much back I the picture. I blame the photographer.

by Anonymousreply 549July 23, 2019 7:34 AM

R531 He served to have a good time at world pride, so hopefully

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550July 23, 2019 7:45 AM

I'm not feeling the shirt and high waisted pants combo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551July 23, 2019 4:58 PM

[Quote] his greatest love is his dog

[Quote] Are you in a relationship?

[Quote] I’m happy right now. That’s all I can say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552July 23, 2019 5:01 PM

He looks super gay there

by Anonymousreply 553July 23, 2019 5:03 PM

He's turning into an 80's gay. He should get tested.

by Anonymousreply 554July 23, 2019 6:07 PM

I feel like a lot of B-listers want to come out but their management/agency/PR team won't let them

Kate Walsh, Kendall Jenner, Camilla Belle, Gigi and Bella Hadid, Margarita Levieva.. who else am I missing?

by Anonymousreply 555July 23, 2019 7:09 PM

I only see grey boxes, am I the only one?

by Anonymousreply 556July 23, 2019 7:20 PM

R556 sorta, click on it and the picture will load

by Anonymousreply 557July 23, 2019 8:04 PM

The "everyone is lesbian" crowd is even more delusional than its "everyone is gay" counterpart.

by Anonymousreply 558July 23, 2019 8:20 PM

No one cares about phony lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 559July 23, 2019 9:42 PM

R558 sounds like you are a PR shill for said lesbian(s)

whoever said Darren Criss in Part 1 or Part 2 of this thread. Guess what? You were/are dead wrong

LOL @ the idea of ANY paparazzi trailing Darren Criss -- how convenient, eh? a photog wanting outside some random breakfast joint just as Darren and his bearding are leaving (they even kissed too)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560July 23, 2019 9:47 PM

his beard**

by Anonymousreply 561July 23, 2019 9:48 PM

Can someone translate r560?

by Anonymousreply 562July 23, 2019 9:56 PM

[Quote] whoever said Darren Criss in Part 1 or Part 2 of this thread. Guess what? You were/are dead wrong

What did they say? That he was going to come out?

by Anonymousreply 563July 23, 2019 9:58 PM

R563 yes or maybe I'm thinking of "Who will come out in 2018" regardless Darren Criss is never coming out -- especially after marrying his fag hag

by Anonymousreply 564July 23, 2019 10:06 PM

Getting married doesn't mean someone will never come out.

by Anonymousreply 565July 23, 2019 10:09 PM

Is Luke Evans out or is he still inned I can never tell one minute he’s out next he’s in then he’s out??

by Anonymousreply 566July 23, 2019 11:28 PM

R554 On the bright side, he has the part of Mr. Furley sewn up for the inevitable Three's Company reboot.

by Anonymousreply 567July 24, 2019 12:11 AM

He's been out for years R566

by Anonymousreply 568July 24, 2019 2:24 AM

Luke put up an anti-hate crime post to Twitter and Instagram a while back.

[Quote] You won’t ever Fucking win!!!! We Ain’t Going Anywhere!!! #pride #loveislove #getoverit #humanity #acceptance #love 🌈 #pridemonth #gay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569July 24, 2019 2:29 AM

He also did a Pride post. I don't follow him, so I don't know if this is the first he's done since becoming a movie star.

[Quote] Everyone deserves love. Even if you have resting bitch face like I have in this pic!! Have a great London Pride tomorrow everyone. #prideinlondon #londonpride #loveislove #pride #lgbtqpride #pridemonth #EveryoneDeservesLove ❤️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570July 24, 2019 2:30 AM

R566 Do gay celebrities need to wear t-shirts declaring their homosexuality 24/7 for DLers to be content?

by Anonymousreply 571July 24, 2019 2:34 AM

[Quote] Do gay celebrities need to wear t-shirts declaring their homosexuality 24/7 for DLers to be content?

Luke had his PR friend Holly give a quote to a newspaper that they'd just "got together". It's unsurprising that someone would ask if he's actually out again.

by Anonymousreply 572July 24, 2019 2:46 AM

Only if you've been in a coma for at least the last 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 573July 24, 2019 2:47 AM

[Quote] Only if you've been in a coma for at least the last 5 years.

Evans' career has cooled, or at least his chance at the A-List has. And his threads here are toxic. It's understandable why someone mildly interested in him or the media coverage around him would have checked out.

by Anonymousreply 574July 24, 2019 2:54 AM

"Beauty and the Beast" was released after he came out. And wasn't that his biggest project yet?

by Anonymousreply 575July 24, 2019 3:06 AM

Based on his IMDb he's been pretty busy for the last few years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576July 24, 2019 3:09 AM

Consistent work, yes. Did he receive a lot of press for "Beauty & the Beast"? The press I saw was about the gay character. Gaston certainly isn't a first billed or second billed part. When people refer to the A-List, they generally don't mean supporting actors.

by Anonymousreply 577July 24, 2019 3:11 AM

He was third billed, that's not exactly a bit part.

by Anonymousreply 578July 24, 2019 3:13 AM

r577 Saying that his own homosexuality got little attention is very different from saying his career has cooled. "Beauty and the beast" was big as far as the budget and the box office go and, as said, it was released after he made his last coming-out.

by Anonymousreply 579July 24, 2019 3:16 AM

And the Girl on a Train did quite well, but that doesn't mean it added all that much to Luke Evans' status as a leading man. It was Emily Blunt's movie.

[Quote] Saying that his own homosexuality got little attention is very different from saying his career has cooled.

They're related. The "hotter" a star is in pop culture, the more their love lives are talked about. After "The Hobbit" movies, for example, Luke Evans didn't go on what might be called a "Luke Evans vehicle." The last review I saw of one of his projects was a Jen Aniston-Adam Sandler movie. Has any press outlet referred to it as a "Luke Evans movie"? I doubt it.

I'm not trashing his career. He's made millions, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 580July 24, 2019 3:21 AM

* go on to what might be called "a Luke Evans vehicle".

by Anonymousreply 581July 24, 2019 3:21 AM

r580 Alright, alright.🙄

by Anonymousreply 582July 24, 2019 4:13 AM

[Quote] Alright, alright.🙄

Are you Luke himself or something? It's not controversial to say "The name on everyone's lips isn't Luke Evans."

Someone asked a question about him. It was answered.

by Anonymousreply 583July 24, 2019 4:25 AM

Did the photographer take a tweezers to poor CC's brows or was it self-inflicted?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584July 24, 2019 4:26 AM

He's certainly given such childing things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585July 24, 2019 4:26 AM

He looks MTF in r584

by Anonymousreply 586July 24, 2019 5:11 PM

His comic chops seem about on par with Colton's?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587July 24, 2019 8:15 PM

Favourite Song: I Wanna Dance With Somebody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588July 24, 2019 8:17 PM

The women caterwauling at r588 explains why he's not funny. He doesn't have to be.

by Anonymousreply 589July 24, 2019 8:20 PM

Does Luke Evans have any frau fans? Who exactly is his demographic? I don‘t think straight guys like him. Still, he keeps getting OK work, maybe he‘s good at sucking the cocks of the powerful? Nobody seems to care about his gayness, he is pretty irrelevant to the mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 590July 24, 2019 10:00 PM

Evans went on Ellen's show. I expect the comments on YT are frau heavy.

by Anonymousreply 591July 24, 2019 10:02 PM

R588 R585 Chace‘s thinning hair looks ROUGH, it’s DESTROYING his looks.

by Anonymousreply 592July 24, 2019 10:03 PM

It looks fine longer. They're filming the second season of his "The Boys" show. He probably has it shaved for the part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593July 24, 2019 10:05 PM

I actually like the salt and pepper. He used to look like a doll.

by Anonymousreply 594July 24, 2019 10:06 PM

R594 He only looks hot now if you don’t look closely. Otherwise you see many conflicting details: He looks both young and old at the same time. Too much botox on the forehead, thinning hair, facial hair and eye wrinkles on a baby face do not create a harmonious look at all. His teeth are too white, too.

by Anonymousreply 595July 24, 2019 10:10 PM

I want to sit on his face

by Anonymousreply 596July 24, 2019 10:10 PM

The lack of forehead movement is questionable but suitably styled he's still a great looking guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597July 24, 2019 10:21 PM

I don't think this pic is retouched at all. He has pretty good skin and isn't oddly smooth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598July 24, 2019 10:23 PM

we need someone to come out soon, it's getting old talking about the same old queens over and over again

by Anonymousreply 599July 24, 2019 10:25 PM

R597 I have nothing against this guy but I think he looks creepy, fake and overall untrustworthy, now.

R599 It needs to be someone big and mature, though. Please not some irrelevant upcoming actor or some youtuber on decline.

by Anonymousreply 600July 24, 2019 10:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!