Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It Chapter 2

Are you feeling it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 19, 2020 10:43 PM

Is that Lin Shaye?

by Anonymousreply 1May 9, 2019 5:17 PM

I was already planning on seeing this, but after seeing that elderly lunatic and Bill Hader in it I'm definitely going.

by Anonymousreply 2May 9, 2019 5:22 PM

Holy shit! That was amazing. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 3May 9, 2019 5:31 PM

Loved it.

by Anonymousreply 4May 9, 2019 5:43 PM

I get what they're aiming for, but when the old lady does that jerky little dance in the background, I cracked up laughing. I have a feeling this'll be more goofy than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 5May 9, 2019 6:20 PM

All the reactions to that lady I've seen so far have been a mixture of horror and disgust, so your reaction might be an outlier.

by Anonymousreply 6May 9, 2019 6:26 PM

I’ve been slogging thru the book. On page 600. Torture.

by Anonymousreply 7May 9, 2019 6:31 PM

This looks promising.

by Anonymousreply 8May 9, 2019 6:38 PM

I couldn’t put the book down. After the Tim Curry debacle, i don’t want to see it as a film. His books just don’t translate onto film. The Stand anyone?

by Anonymousreply 9May 9, 2019 6:49 PM

I like the structure of the telefilm where it opened with Stan's fate and then shifted back and forth through time, but I can see why that wouldn't work for a feature film. I'm thinking that there will be flashbacks in this second entry.

by Anonymousreply 10May 9, 2019 6:59 PM

R10 You mean how it followed the book? How ground breaking

by Anonymousreply 11May 9, 2019 7:40 PM

Looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 12May 10, 2019 4:19 AM

Will they show the scene from the book of the children fucking in this sequel? I’ll only go see it if there’s graphic, full penetration.

by Anonymousreply 13May 10, 2019 4:32 AM

That scene in the trailer was hilarious with zero scares. Social media has deemed it comedy gold.

by Anonymousreply 14May 10, 2019 4:40 AM

R13 keep dreaming

by Anonymousreply 15May 10, 2019 4:44 AM

Stephen King is trying to make that J.K. Rowling money.

by Anonymousreply 16May 10, 2019 4:57 AM

I didn't see the gay couple in the trailer. Kinda disappointing since they are supposed to be the opening kill.

by Anonymousreply 17May 10, 2019 5:16 AM

[quote]I didn't see the gay couple in the trailer. Kinda disappointing since they are supposed to be the opening kill.

Awesome! Now I can't wait to see this film.

by Anonymousreply 18May 10, 2019 5:29 AM

I don't like the fact that they took the storyline off of the black kid and gave it to the fat one and in chapter two the adult version black kid is now a crackhead???? Also how they made the girl the damsel in distress? It was the Jewish one that was supposed to see the deadlights? Not her? That's why he killed himself. The guy who was originally directing was gonna make glasses kid gay but dropped out, we could have had gay Bill Hader but instead we've got a crackhead instead of the town's librarian.

by Anonymousreply 19May 10, 2019 5:55 AM

I have been looking forward to this but that trailer was just cheesy-hilarious. I agree with the poster who said it made him laugh - there was nothing scary.

by Anonymousreply 20May 10, 2019 5:59 AM

I'm traumatized from seeing that Nekkid Grammaw!

by Anonymousreply 21May 10, 2019 7:12 AM

I agree with the majority that the intro was scary and disturbing but everything else after that was just completely flat. No one in the cast particularly excites me. Everyone apart from Chastain feels like the cast of a B-movie.

Grandma really should get some ointment for those dropsy sores.

by Anonymousreply 22May 10, 2019 10:16 AM

I'm having de ja vu with Blair Witch Project and its sequel.

by Anonymousreply 23May 10, 2019 12:26 PM

R23 in what way?

by Anonymousreply 24May 10, 2019 1:04 PM

[quote] The guy who was originally directing was gonna make glasses kid gay but dropped out,

I'm surprised they didn't make one of the losers gay, given how they're supposed to represent a cross-section of society's underdogs. Even at the time the book was written, it was kind of a noticeable omission, and it's one that would [italic]never[/italic] happen in a book written today.

by Anonymousreply 25May 10, 2019 3:12 PM

R17, I was actually talking with my boyfriend about that. I think they’re going to replace the gay couple with a little girl as the first victim like they did in the miniseries. You can actually see a shot of it towards the end of the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 26May 10, 2019 3:19 PM

Why did they have to put Jessica Chastain in this? Such a sanctimonious hypocrite. They should’ve gotten Amy Adams.

by Anonymousreply 27May 10, 2019 3:21 PM

Eddie always pinged to me.

by Anonymousreply 28May 10, 2019 3:51 PM

I'll watch almost anything James McAvoy is in, so I'll probably see this. But on streaming, not in the theater. It's not worth dealing with the bullshit of a movie theater.

by Anonymousreply 29May 10, 2019 3:57 PM

Stephen King said the move is amazing. He's very happy with how it turned out.

by Anonymousreply 30May 10, 2019 4:16 PM

R24, in that the first one was so good and the second one was laughable.

by Anonymousreply 31May 10, 2019 8:39 PM

Mike is a crackhead in this one? That is truly ludicrous. In the novel, as an adult, he's the group's anchor. He stays in Derry, working as a lowly librarian (the other Losers go on to have cushy careers and are very well off), watching and waiting to see if It will ever come back. He considers it his "job." And when It does come back, he spurs into acting, contacting all the Losers, reminding of them of their promise to come back and vanquish It, should It ever come back. So what happens without Mike as the "lighthouse?" That's the trouble with ALL movie versions of the Stephen King's works. The characters are fucked with, huge plot changes are introduced...it always ends up a mess.

by Anonymousreply 32May 10, 2019 8:52 PM

King also said the new Pet Semetery was great and...it wasn't. I wouldn't be shocked if he was contractually obligated to say that stuff.

My issue with IT and the other films this creative team has made is that they never knows when to just let moments breathe. They clearly don't believe in "less is more." It would be so much creepier to see the old lady scratching herself, show the sores, and build that sense of dread until she appears naked in the doorway. Instead, we have her convulsing and twitching in the background like some stupid goon. I'm sure there will be CGI on her face to make her look "scary". I had the same issues with Mama. This creative team doesn't know how to build terror and suspense. They think shoving CGI in our faces is impressive and a substitute for real fear. It's always more effective when you don't see as much.

by Anonymousreply 33May 10, 2019 8:59 PM

[quote] King also said the new Pet Semetery was great and...it wasn't.

He's also given laudatory blurbs to half a million books.

by Anonymousreply 34May 10, 2019 9:02 PM

R28 same.

R31 they both get so much hate nowadays. But I never bothered with the sequel or the remake.

R33 I didn't find Mama scary at all. Did anyone? I thought it was mostly depressing.

by Anonymousreply 35May 11, 2019 3:47 PM

Damn, Jaeden's mom looks crazy young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2019 5:27 PM

Oh shit, that kid is Asian. I didn't know that.

by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2019 5:47 PM

I just started reading the book...please tell me that the gay couple won’t be portrayed so offensively in the movie?

by Anonymousreply 38May 16, 2019 12:23 AM

Chastain and the girl who plays young Bev both ping.

by Anonymousreply 39May 16, 2019 12:39 AM

Who knows how the gay couple will be portrayed in the movie. But they left the child gang bang out of the first movie, so maybe the gays will be toned down.

by Anonymousreply 40May 16, 2019 12:39 AM

R27 Chastain >>> Lamy Adams

but I would have cast Kelly Reilly.

by Anonymousreply 41May 16, 2019 12:44 PM

Release date: September 6, 2019 (United States)

by Anonymousreply 42May 16, 2019 12:44 PM

Because every 27 years, evil revisits the town of Derry, Maine, It Chapter Two brings the characters — who've long since gone their separate ways — back together as adults, nearly three decades after the events of the first film.

— Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema

by Anonymousreply 43May 16, 2019 12:50 PM

r40 Those two aren't really comparable but didn't the first movie do well internationally? So the gay stuff is definitely going to be toned down significantly.

by Anonymousreply 44May 16, 2019 1:28 PM

It made over 300 million over seas.

by Anonymousreply 45May 16, 2019 1:38 PM

R37 part Asian. EurAsian

by Anonymousreply 46May 16, 2019 1:57 PM

The mom also looks like she could be Eurasian, which would make Jaeden a quarter Asian, which would explain why he's so white passing.

by Anonymousreply 47May 16, 2019 2:03 PM

Yes, r47 - he talks about being a quarter Korean here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 16, 2019 4:41 PM

Haha, nailed it. Thanks for the verification.

Here he is with his father, who's a chef:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 16, 2019 4:53 PM

It's strange that he seems to have a good relationship with his dad, but still went to the troubling of changing his surname (from Lieberher to Martell) after he had already established himself as a celebrity with it.

by Anonymousreply 50May 16, 2019 4:57 PM

Yup. I'm down wit IT.

The creepy grandma is a bit camp, though.

by Anonymousreply 51May 16, 2019 6:01 PM

R48 I didn't know he is part Asian.

He was really good in the first movie I hadn't seen him in anything else but checked his Wikipedia page he has interesting upcoming projects film and TV.

by Anonymousreply 52May 16, 2019 6:08 PM

I don't need to see a naked grandma running.

by Anonymousreply 53May 16, 2019 6:11 PM

Is the old mini series worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 54May 16, 2019 6:12 PM

R54 it's dated but it's good.

The gay couple is in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 55May 16, 2019 6:16 PM

"The creepy grandma is a bit camp, though."

Obviously they're doing something different with the old lady in Beverly's old apartment scene. In the novel Beverly goes to her childhood home believing her father still lives there, but when she gets there she's greeted by a pleasant looking old lady who tells her that her father died some years back and the apartment is hers now. She had so little to do with her father that he dies and she doesn't even know about it or is notified of it? Anyway, the old lady invites her in for tea and cakes; the apartment, much changed from when Beverly lived there, is now charming and clean. As they're pleasantly conversing, nthe old lady's teeth strangely turn crooked and black. Then the old lady's face gets hideously wrinkled. Then the apartment and its accoutrements start turning into cand1! Seems the witch in "Hansel and Gretel" terrified Beverly as a child, so Pennywise uses that memory to terrify her as an adult. She looks in her teacup from which she took a sip of tea, and sees that it's turned to "liquid shit." She manages to run out of the place screaming; when she gets out she tumbles to the ground and when she looks back she seems the apartment building is dilapidated and boarded up. I thought it was one of the best segments in the book. So now the old lady is creepy from the get go and has a picture of her and her "fadder" Pennywise on the wall? And she comes running out naked to attack Beverly? I guess they want to do something different. But I thought the scene the was it was described in the book, if done right, would have been much more effective.

by Anonymousreply 56May 16, 2019 9:06 PM

[quote]She had so little to do with her father that he dies and she doesn't even know about it or is notified of it?

He was abusive and she had no other family. It's not really that hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 57May 28, 2019 2:30 AM

R56 the miniseries was a lot closer to that version.

by Anonymousreply 58May 28, 2019 4:11 AM

I remember the Hansel and Gretel witch version from the tv miniseries. I thought it was pretty tame. I had hoped a movie version would be more graphic, but I guess it's going to go in a whole different direction.

The scene where the gay man is horribly killed IS going to be in It: Chapter 2. I've heard it's going to be pretty awful.

by Anonymousreply 59May 29, 2019 3:16 AM

Chastain must have been miserable filming this since there was pussy to eat in the cast.

by Anonymousreply 60May 29, 2019 3:17 AM

[Quote] The scene where the gay man is horribly killed IS going to be in It: Chapter 2. I've heard it's going to be pretty awful.

Naturally

by Anonymousreply 61May 29, 2019 6:28 AM

Final trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 18, 2019 4:38 PM

Taylor Frey has a role in this movie. Maybe that's how he and hubby Kyle Dean Massey could afford their new house in Palm Springs.

by Anonymousreply 63July 18, 2019 10:13 PM

Try as I might, I just can’t find this scary. I want to get into it but I’m not afraid of clowns in the least. Pennywise doesn’t look frightening. I look at him and all I see is a friggin clown. I’m expecting him to start shaping balloons into animals after climbing out of a small car with 10 of his companions.

by Anonymousreply 64July 18, 2019 10:38 PM

The first one was hysterical so I'm definitely up for more laughs and this one looks like it delivers.

by Anonymousreply 65July 19, 2019 12:30 AM

The character of Eddie is gay in the books. If I remember correctly, the character of Richie had a fear of everyone thinking he liked other guys. All the tumblr fans are super excited to see grown up Richie and Eddie in this one

I hate scary movies but loved IT. It wasn’t a great horror movie (I’m easily scared and I wasn’t scared in the movie) but a great coming of age film.

by Anonymousreply 66July 19, 2019 12:42 AM

"The character of Eddie is gay in the books. If I remember correctly, the character of Richie had a fear of everyone thinking he liked other guys."

Eddie is NOT gay in the novel. He's pretty sexually mixed up though; he marries a woman (a large, overweight woman) who bears a very strong resemblance to his domineering mother. But he's not into guys. And Richie didn't have any "fear of everyone thinking he liked other guys." He was just an insufferable, yammering asshole, always "on", always trying to be funny and rarely succeeding. I read the novel (most of it anyway; it was excruciatingly long-winded); I didn't find ANY of "the losers" particularly likable, except for maybe poor Eddie, who was a sickly hypochondriac with a hysterical fat wife.

by Anonymousreply 67July 19, 2019 1:07 AM

The trailer that was released today looked incredible. So many horror films are by the numbers nowadays, but this looks genuinely creepy. I hope it’s good.

Also, I’d let Pennywise rim me with that tongue. 🤡

by Anonymousreply 68July 19, 2019 1:15 AM

[QUOTE]I hate scary movies but loved IT. It wasn’t a great horror movie (I’m easily scared and I wasn’t scared in the movie) but a great coming of age film.

There wasn’t one scary moment in the movie. It’s more of a thriller than anything else. This trailer isn’t scary either but when I see it posted on the horror sites, they’re hyping up the “frightening” and “terrifying” return of Pennywise.

by Anonymousreply 69July 19, 2019 1:48 AM

What's with the clown carnival? That certainly wasn't in the novel. What is it with carnivals in movies these day? One featured prominently in Toy Story 4 too. I guess it's because a movie carnival looks so spectacular with all the bright lights and delightful amusements. But it seems to be kind of a cliche.

by Anonymousreply 70July 19, 2019 1:59 AM

The first film was decent, but hardly scary. More of a Monster Squad vibe. The "modern day" part of the novel was always less interesting to me, so maybe they'll improve upon it for this film. It certainly does seem well cast. I just find CGI so distracting and ugly and not at all scary and the first film was loaded with it.

by Anonymousreply 71July 19, 2019 5:06 PM

Eddie was gay as fuck and closeted. Stephen King was a huge homophobe at the time he wrote the book, as demonstrated in the swishy gay guy killing. So of course Eddie married "his mother" which was a common identifier of a gay man trying to pass for straight.

by Anonymousreply 72July 19, 2019 6:49 PM

R72, Eddie wasn't "gay as fuck and closeted." There was never any suggestion in the novel "It" that he was. You just want him to be. And I saw the gay killing as being ANTI-homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 73July 19, 2019 6:54 PM

Xavier Dolan is going to play the guy who gets killed by Pennywise.

by Anonymousreply 74July 19, 2019 7:06 PM

Yes, Dolan's role has his own thread here, by the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 19, 2019 7:59 PM

Good trailer. But not nearly as scary as the CATS trailer.

by Anonymousreply 76July 19, 2019 8:08 PM

Lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 6, 2019 9:32 PM

Finn hugging Jaeden like he's his sweetheart returned fom the war. Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 26, 2019 1:14 AM

I’ve already booked my ticket. Two weeks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 79August 26, 2019 1:16 AM

Cannot wait. Looks so creepy.

by Anonymousreply 80August 26, 2019 1:19 AM

My cousin went to the It premiere party. Told me the weirdest thing. The guy that played the clown. Bill Skarsgaud. He had 4 bodyguards around him at all times even inside the party. What did he think one of the kids from the movie would bother him?

by Anonymousreply 81August 26, 2019 1:26 AM

It looks creepier then the first one.

by Anonymousreply 82August 26, 2019 1:27 AM

Granny scared the fuck out of me. But this is the most terrifying scene ever imho and everybody I watched the movie with cracked up laughing during it so maybe I'm freaked out by weird stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 26, 2019 1:40 AM

Anyone going to see it this weekend? The reviews look okay but apparently it’s not as good as the first one. But I have read that some people think Bill Hader will have Oscar Buzz (?)

by Anonymousreply 84September 5, 2019 5:34 AM

I can't see it until next week. A shame it's not as good as the first. To be honest i'm more worried about the running time lol

by Anonymousreply 85September 5, 2019 12:20 PM

I'm hearing good things about Andy Bean's ass at any rate.

by Anonymousreply 86September 6, 2019 11:43 AM

Giving a lot of complaints about the length of It. Have people ever read the book. The book is huge. I'm excited for It. I'm ready to see some good horror movies for fall. Not interested in boring festival movies.

by Anonymousreply 87September 8, 2019 5:27 PM

The director Andy Muschietti said that the first cut of IT Chapter Two was 4 hours long. He edited down to 2 hr 50 mins. Having read the book many years back I think both released films were the right length.

by Anonymousreply 88September 8, 2019 8:33 PM

Ben, who was fat as a kid, has blossomed into a hunk as an adult played by Jay Ryan. I found it amusing when they reunited at the Chinese restaurant and it was the guys were said he was "hot" and looks like all the Brazilian soccer players rolled into one person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 8, 2019 8:40 PM

Ritchie is apparently supposed to be in love with Eddie in this? How? Eddie gives him nothing to work with. I’m so confusion over what they attempted with this.

by Anonymousreply 90January 19, 2020 10:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!