Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Director Joe Russo Thinks Robert Downey Jr. Deserves An Oscar

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Director Says Robert Downey Jr. Deserves An Oscar “More Than Anyone In The Last 40 Years” For His MCU Work

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 6, 2019 11:23 PM

And the Oscar goes to.....

by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2019 4:50 PM

[quote]‘Avengers: Endgame’ Director Joe Russo Thinks Robert Downey Jr. Deserves An Oscar

And this is why he directs comic book popcorn movies and not meritorious "films."

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2019 4:53 PM

RDJ was really good in the first Iron Man film but Johnny Depp deserved it more for his first Pirates film.

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2019 4:56 PM

If anyone has been robbed over the last 40 years, it was Alan Rickman who should have won for playing Snape.

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2019 4:57 PM

This joke landed better than the comedy in Marvel movies.

Well done Russo!

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2019 4:59 PM

Joe's the one who played gay, maybe he should get an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2019 5:01 PM

Downey has wasted years on this drivel instead of picking movies with at least a little substance.

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2019 5:09 PM

Downey's best chance was for Tropic Thunder. Playing a dude disguised as another dude.

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2019 5:16 PM

This years Black Panther nomination

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2019 5:19 PM

I have not seen ‘Avengers: Endgame’ but I have watched Iron Man and Iron Man 2 he's really good in those movies.

by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2019 5:21 PM

I enjoy all the Marvel films. This was the worst one IMO. It dragged.

RDJ was fine but nothing captivating about his performance.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2019 5:23 PM

I guess the millions of dollars isn't enough for RDJ. You sold your soul kid, take the money and lay on a beach somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2019 5:28 PM

This isn’t the daytime emmys where you win just because you’re leaving the show after 20 years and It’s given as a parting gift.

by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2019 6:17 PM

A Oscar, are you kidding me? If there is a category for Best Sellout or Best Overrated Actor, yes.

by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2019 6:41 PM

R8 never go full retard.

by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2019 6:42 PM

Maybe in the makeup department. Whoever applied that heavy makeup and hair piece to make his old ass younger.

by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2019 6:43 PM

And Chris Evans deserves a dick in his ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2019 6:48 PM

And I think Joe Tusso is huffing paint thinner with respect to Robert Downey Jr. and an Oscar for Iron Man.

So we’re at an impasse it seems.

by Anonymousreply 18May 5, 2019 7:01 PM

There's a small possibility that Downey will get a nom but never a win, if Marvel puts enough money into the campaign.

The AMPAS has a deep and serious respect for Excellence In The Art Of Making Money, what with the series finishing up with "Endgame", they'll be in the mood to throw Marvel Films a bone or two. But no wins.

by Anonymousreply 19May 5, 2019 10:57 PM

If they campaign him in supporting he can win Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 20May 6, 2019 8:27 PM

He was good with the Hulk in Zodiac.

by Anonymousreply 21May 6, 2019 9:58 PM

Thanks for the laugh, Joe!

by Anonymousreply 22May 6, 2019 10:01 PM

The "more than anyone in the last 40 years" part really throws this into the stratosphere of ridiculousness. He couldn't just say the guy deserves an Oscar? He is making himself look like a fool.

by Anonymousreply 23May 6, 2019 10:09 PM

The great talent of two generations has been wasted making comic book movies. Good comic book movies but comic book movies nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 24May 6, 2019 10:57 PM

I shutter to think of him at the Oscars. In a ugly ass tux, lesbian wife on his arm. Thinking how amazing he is. His long ass speech. Another Oscars I will not be watching.

by Anonymousreply 25May 6, 2019 11:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!