Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘SNL’ Star Breaks His Silence

EXCLUSIVE: Chris Kattan believes he broke his neck while performing a sketch on “Saturday Night Live” in 2001, but NBC has no record, and staffers have no recollection, of the injury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 12, 2019 4:18 PM

This seems like a too flimsy experience to build a book around.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2019 10:31 PM

Ah, some creative non-fiction in the pipeline...

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2019 11:01 PM

It happens.

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2019 11:11 PM

"Breaks" his silence. Get it?

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2019 11:14 PM

So he broke his neck, and no one remembers it happening? Can someone really break their neck and it not be a big deal? You know, pain, yelling, and a trip to the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2019 11:16 PM

Apparently, some injuries don't develop right away. From a blog:

HOW I Didn't know I had a Broken Neck for 6 Months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2019 11:19 PM

He looks a bit like Mike Myers

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2019 11:23 PM

There is more that is fishy than him saying he didn't know he'd broken his neck.

His story about telling producers doesn't seem to add up. And where are the receipts for NBC paying for surgeries?

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2019 11:27 PM

He should have said he injured his complexion on the show.

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2019 11:28 PM

I could see it happening in the course of doing physical comedy. Chevy Chase damaged his back from all the fake falls he did.

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2019 11:29 PM

He gives me sad clown vibes.

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2019 11:29 PM

A comment from OP's article:

it’s really sad that not even Chris’s agent or manager mentioned workers’ comp; there is still that stigma if an injured worker applies for workers comp they will be placed on the Do Not Hire List. It’s bullshit and exactly what the production and payroll companies bank on. I know of what I speak since I personally have two claims for future medical. I have been hired since both accidents and no one (producers/studios) is the wiser.

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2019 11:32 PM

R11 Perhaps. Darrell Hammond is probably the saddest though. He's got a lot of problems and was raised by a very abusive mother. Hammond is a very good comedic actor though, his Trump was spot-on .

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2019 11:34 PM

He didn't do it right

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2019 12:54 AM

Chris Kattan alleges Lorne Michael urged him to sleep with Amy Heckerling in order to get Night at the Roxbury made.  Can't wait to hear what Heckerling and Michaels has to say about this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2019 9:36 PM

R15 Someone colors his own hair over a kitchen sink.

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2019 9:44 PM

That a toupee Rose, look at his damn eyebrows

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2019 9:46 PM

As weird as it sounds I kind of believe him.

Remember Lorne's reaction to Harvey Weinstein? "Its a New York thing."

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2019 9:50 PM

[quote]Chevy Chase damaged his back from all the fake falls he did.

They weren’t fake. That’s why I’m such an insufferable asshole to this very day.

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2019 9:59 PM

Like Chase, Kattan was probably stoned on painkillers during the fall. Which is why he didn’t know it was broken. I believe him. Most with painkiller problems got into the opioids through real pain. Chase was an opioid addict and fell as well and also hurt his neck.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2019 10:22 PM

The has-been life has gotten to him, he's spazing out. He'll probably be institutionalized by the end of the year.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2019 10:25 PM

[quote]Chase was an opioid addict

Just not enough of one.

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2019 10:25 PM

[quote]The has-been life has gotten to him, he's spazing out.

He’s NOT a has-been. Why he was just recently on Dancing With The Stars! So he’s a star! It’s right there in the title.

by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2019 10:34 PM

He managed to get a Best Of which is pretty impressive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2019 10:46 PM

How did Jan Hooks never get a best of compilation?

by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2019 10:47 PM

I enjoyed him on SNL though maybe, like Dana Carvey, success outside of sketch comedy wasn't really possible.

Kattan was recently promoting this book on his "good friend" Jimmy Fallon's show and his behavior was a little..... off. There's probably a lot of serious shit going on in his life. The closet can do that to a person.

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2019 10:52 PM

Generally speaking, if someone breaks his neck, he doesn't just have a hunch that it happened. N'est-ce pas?

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2019 11:10 PM

Not if they are already on painkillers. I slipped once getting out of the shower and really damaged my hip. I didn’t know it for years until I stopped the painkillers.

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2019 11:12 PM

Amy Heckerling just HAD to get a piece of this. Who can blame her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2019 11:44 PM

Will Ferrell couldn't throw him a bone?

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2019 11:56 PM

Pocket gay?

by Anonymousreply 31May 29, 2019 2:31 AM

But if you broke your neck, pain killers or not, wouldn't your head fall off?

by Anonymousreply 32May 29, 2019 2:36 AM

[quote] Can someone really break their neck and it not be a big deal? You

Buster Keaton broke his neck during filming of "Sherlock Jr." A gag-stunt in which rushing water from a tower by a railroad pushed his head onto the rails. He had a headache for days afterward, but no notion his neck had been fractured until decades later.

by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2019 2:36 AM

Wasn't he a notorious cokehead when he was on the show? How does he remember anything from those days?

by Anonymousreply 34May 29, 2019 2:38 AM

When I was in College some guys were walking home from the bars one night and stopped in a yard to jump on a trampoline - one of the guys fell and as it turned out he broke his neck. He had no idea at the time being drunk - but in the very early morning woke in excruciating pain and asked his room mates to take him to the Hospital. I remember thinking it was so weird - and he was fortunate it did not kill him when it happened - and he did not end up paralyzed. Being drunk probably actually helped him. But can you imagine? So I believe this story.

by Anonymousreply 35May 29, 2019 2:44 AM

Druggie!!

by Anonymousreply 36May 29, 2019 2:49 AM

He could have had evidence of a hairline fracture and called it a broken neck.

by Anonymousreply 37May 29, 2019 2:57 AM

I broke my neck in 1971 when I fell out of a window. I was drunk, but there was no question that the neck was broken because I couldn't raise my head from a prone position. X-rays showed that the bones of several cervical vertebrae were shattered and it was repaired by a neurosurgeon who took some bone from my hip and then fused it to my cervical vertebrae with wire. When my neck is x-rayed, it looks like I swallowed a necklace that is stuck in my throat. The back of my neck has a six-inch long scar that looks like a zipper.

by Anonymousreply 38May 29, 2019 2:59 AM

He’s been outed as having a serious drug addiction...this is a cash grab.

by Anonymousreply 39May 29, 2019 3:07 AM

was it from doing this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 29, 2019 3:11 AM

I heard it happened when he went down on Jennifer Coolidge.

by Anonymousreply 41May 29, 2019 12:47 PM

He stood behind me in line at Rite Aid once. He kept looking like he was about to talk to me. He's very short and perhaps the most barrel chested person I've ever seen. Strange skin, too. I liked him while he was on SNL, but his presence in real life is as unnerving as most of his characters.

by Anonymousreply 42May 29, 2019 12:50 PM

Isn’t he allegedly poz?

by Anonymousreply 43August 12, 2019 4:09 PM

Buster Keaton broke his neck during filming of a scene where he gets doused by water coming out of a large train watering tank, and he didn't realize it for weeks, if I recall. I can definitely see this happening, just in general, and if they really paid for some surgeries then they must have known they had some liability.

by Anonymousreply 44August 12, 2019 4:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!