Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bizarre New Interview with Anjelica Huston

Dishes incredible dirt on everyone including calling Penny Marshall a cokehead, didn’t believe Brett Kavanaugh accusations, etc. She’s just weird as is this interviewer who quotes every bad review she’s been given.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367July 24, 2020 3:49 PM

She appears to have a wonky eye in that photo, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2019 2:06 PM

I’d forgotten that you won over Oprah for The Color Purple.Other nominees for 1986’s Best Supporting Actress Oscar: Margaret Avery for The Color Purple, Amy Madigan for Twice in a Lifetime, and Meg Tilly for Agnes of God. As I was watching the footage of you collecting the Oscar, my blood went a little cold thinking, There’s got to be some repercussions for beating Oprah.

AH: She never had me on her show, ever. She won’t talk to me. The only encounter I’ve had with Oprah was when I was at a party for the Academy Awards, a private residence. I was talking to Clint Eastwood, and she literally came between us with her back to me. So all of the sudden I was confronted with the back of Oprah’s head.

Do you think it’s fair to say it’s because you beat her?

AH: Well, nobody else would dislike me so much as to literally, physically come in between the person I was talking with that way. But I admire Oprah. God knows, she’s made some big steps.

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2019 2:08 PM

I have no fucking clue what's happening with her body in that shot. Is she just leaning forward or is she sitting and hugging her knees? It's so unnerving and it's one of the principal things in still photography - optical illusions that fuck up someone's body proportions don't make for good covers.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2019 2:08 PM

Jack Huston’s mother lives in a house on the grounds of Houghton Hall, second home to David Rocksavage, Marquess of Cholmondeley and his wife and rumoured royal mistress, Rose Hanbury, Marchioness Of Cholmondeley.

Jack is a nephew to both Angelica and David.

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2019 2:11 PM

Anjelica says she has no money.

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2019 2:16 PM

I didn’t have much to work with. I tried my best

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2019 2:18 PM

She says Robert De Niro does horrible films now.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2019 2:26 PM

No wonder she doesn’t get work - she trashed every person she can think of.

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2019 2:26 PM

Holy crap, this exchange! It's everything I ever wanted from celeb interviews, and so much more.

[quote][bold][italic]A Walk With Love and Death[/italic] was not well received. The critic John Simon wrote, “There is a perfectly blank, supremely inept performance by Huston’s daughter, Anjelica, who has the face of an exhausted gnu, the voice of an unstrung tennis racket, and a figure of no discernible shape.” I had to look up what a [italic]gnu[/italic] is.[/bold]

[quote]Wasn’t that pretty? That’s good, isn’t it?

[quote][bold]Coming as it did when you were 18, did it stick with you?[/bold]

[quote]It sticks with you. And now that you’ve reminded me, it will stick with me for another ten years.

[quote][bold]I probably wouldn’t have quoted it had you not included it in your memoir.[/bold]

[quote]No, I completely accept that. I think the news there is he’s dead and I’m not.

[quote][bold]You think he’s dead?[/bold]

[quote]He must be.

[quote][bold]I was curious myself. I looked him up. He’s 93 years old. He’s alive.[/bold]

[quote]He’s dead as far as I’m concerned.

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2019 2:27 PM

Oh man, that and the Oprah story are pretty juicy. She has never been an attractive person, but I like her voice.

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2019 2:30 PM

I thought she was exceptionally pretty in The Witches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2019 2:33 PM

I admire her honesty.

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2019 2:33 PM

She doesn’t associate with people who do drugs but talks so lovingly about coke and smoking weed. She’s in her own little world. How did she afford all the plastic surgery that fucked up her face??!

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2019 2:37 PM

It’s the outside that generates the most attention, however, and Huston says that while she is not averse to the smaller cosmetic gestures, she has a horror of hardcore plastic surgery. “I’m scared of the knife. I’ve been under for a few operations, not of the vanity form. It really takes away your taste for voluntary surgery. And I don’t want to happen to me what happened to Joan Rivers. Also, she didn’t look young to me; she looked like she’d had a hell of a lot of surgery. I don’t know exactly what it does for you. Here’s the other thing: how far does it go? Do you stop at the neck? Because nothing about one’s body is the way it used to be. So between the varicose veins and the spider veins, and this and that, you could spend your entire life doing these tweaks. And still not be satisfied. You see these terrible plastic surgery victims who are addicted to it.” Apart from anything else, Huston says, she doesn’t believe having surgery delivers the things it promises. “I don’t think they’re getting more sex,” she says, of the women who favour it. And there is always the risk of inviting ridicule. “There’s this big thing about Renée Zellweger’s new face. I think she hasn’t had a full facelift – I think it’s just the eyes. If you look at her from the eyes down, it all looks pretty much like her. I think she’s had this lifted.” She puts a hand to her forehead and lifts. “Eyes are really, really dicey, because that’s what people look at immediately. If your eyes don’t look like you, people get spooked.” She laughs. “And now here we are, talking about her stitchery. This wasn’t her intention, I’m sure. She just wanted to look refreshed.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2019 2:41 PM

She says she spends all her money on sheets and too much dry cleaning. lmao

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2019 2:42 PM

She'll never work again after defending Polanski, Woody, Tambor, AND Kavanaugh. Fucking hell, a quadfecta in a single interview!

She's just of another era, really.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2019 2:42 PM

She's right about how those guys like Polanski spent their time with young girls in Europe. Bruce Lee said so in an interview, and TOTALLY COINCIDENTALLY just after that interview was published, Polanski decided Lee was the one who killed Tate and the others. He later said it was because Lee had lost his glasses and a Manson follower had left glasses behind at the crime scene so it was just a mistake, but it wasn't a mistake. He was mad because Lee thought the whole European young girl whore thing was gross and said so, publicly.

Absolutely insane that he was more disgusted by Polanski back in 1969 than Huston is about him NOW, fifty years later.

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2019 2:44 PM

[quote]I have a great 3-year-old nephew who made his way over to my umbrella rack the other day and pulled an Irish walking stick out and said, “I am the leader of the universe.” Girls don’t do that.

LOL what? They absolutely do. She's a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2019 2:46 PM

I'm pretty sure Renee's was just botox. Her eyes are back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2019 2:50 PM

r18 Tomboys, maybe, but not as a rule.

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2019 2:51 PM

[quote][bold]You did Daddy Day Care with Eddie Murphy. He apparently had a fortress of trailers on that.[/bold]

[quote]He did, a fortress right in the center of everyone else’s. And Eddie’s fortress actually had barbed wire on top. It was serious. It was as though there was going to be an invasion.

Eugh, I hate him so much.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2019 2:53 PM

Did the interview ask her about Riding the Bus with my Sister?

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2019 2:53 PM

Yeah, what happened to her directing career?

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2019 2:57 PM

Eddie Murphy was paranoid as hell for a while, I think after getting busted with the trans hooker. Went completely off his nut.

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2019 2:58 PM

R19 I'm glad to hear that. I had always liked Renee and how she looked until her face changed - she was unique and one of a kind and whatever she did to her face fucked that up. Its good to hear that she is looking like she did.

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2019 2:59 PM

Fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2019 2:59 PM

has Anjelica ever changed her hairstyle? seems like she's had bangs forever

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2019 3:00 PM

Why would Oprah have Angelica Houston on her show? She was never A-List like Oprah's show guests like Tom Cruise, Julia Roberts, etc. Was Olympia Dukakis a guest on Oprah? Dame Judi Dench? Debra Winger? No, because none of these women would interest Oprah's audience in the 80s and 90s.

If Oprah had said at the party, "Fuck you, Angelica" that would make Oprah's feelings for Angelica clear. But all Oprah did was interrupt a conversation that Angelica was having with a movie star? That's it? And Angelica has been holding on to this "snub" for decades???

Yikes. This woman needs to get a life.

by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2019 3:03 PM

I think OP misread this interview re: Kavanaugh. She says, "I didn’t think Brett Kavanaugh was all that believable."

[quote] Q: So you don’t think anything has changed? A: No, I don’t. And frankly, I think there’s a whole element of guys who will get up to what they want to get up to. I didn’t think Brett Kavanaugh was all that believable. And yet this whole thing continues to be whitewashed and whitewashed and whitewashed. On the other hand, there is a thing called a male imperative, and it is maybe stronger than any #MeToo movement, because it happens at birth. I have a great 3-year-old nephew who made his way over to my umbrella rack the other day and pulled an Irish walking stick out and said, “I am the leader of the universe.” Girls don’t do that.

by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2019 3:03 PM

[quote]A big maroon Rolls-Royce. You won’t see that car today. It was eye-watering, that car. Ryan was a great beauty. If I were to say to you that this red-gold burnished god walked in the door while I was at this party and went on one knee and said, “You’re the most fantastic, wonderful, amazing person I’ve ever had the privilege to be in a room with,” you’d have responded, believe me. Especially at a moment when your boyfriend told you he was going off to get the keys to the City of New York with Bob Evans and that none of the wives would be there. [bold]I was just in the mood, you know.[/bold]

Oh, god, she can be so hysterical in that delusional A-lister kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2019 3:05 PM

Oprah sounds awful. Fat cow.

by Anonymousreply 31May 1, 2019 3:08 PM

r29 Yeah, I found it weird that she'd talk about #MeToo in a supportive way and then just mention how she believes Kavanaugh in one sentence in the middle. I'm glad that's not the case. But that still leaves us with the Polanski and Woody statements.

by Anonymousreply 32May 1, 2019 3:08 PM

She is so right about the eyes and plastic surgery -in the wrong hands can completely mess with a pessimist face - And no Zellwegger did not just have Botox -she had an eye lift -it has just settled down now -

by Anonymousreply 33May 1, 2019 3:12 PM

I can literally feel myself getting fatter while reading this interview. Delicious!

[quote][bold]Ryan sounded like he was a psychopath with you.[/bold]

[quote]Yes, I think he was. He head-butted me. He took my head in his hands and hit it with full force against his head because he couldn’t find me at a party. He’s a deeply disturbed — or at least was then; I can’t vouch for now, but I think he was — deeply disturbed person.

[quote][bold]You once wrote that you feel like people physically become the people that they are inside.[/bold]

[quote]It’s the opposite of [italic]The Picture of Dorian Gray[/italic]. They become what is inside.

[quote][bold]Do you think people also get the careers they deserve? He was on top of the world and then his career disappeared.[/bold]

[quote]Yes, I do. And I think you also get the face you deserve. Have you seen it lately?

by Anonymousreply 34May 1, 2019 3:12 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 1, 2019 3:44 PM

Apart from defending those two pedophiles, the interview wasn't [italic]that[/italic] bizarre. I quite enjoyed it, actually.

by Anonymousreply 36May 1, 2019 3:52 PM

Exactly what R9 said. Perfect interview no holds barred.

by Anonymousreply 37May 1, 2019 4:06 PM

It's a GREAT interview, if a little tacky and salacious... barely focusing on her art, her work, or even her (Huston) at all. More about the men in her life, guys cheating on girls, etc. But i'm not going to sit here and pretend I don't find her personal life interesting as well. Vulture recently did a similarly great (but more grotesque) one with Peter Bogdanovich, they're almost doing the Howard Stern type interview but with a bit more class and tact.

Not only does she go in on Rob DeNiro at the end, but did anyone else catch her shading 'Poms' starring Diane Keaton?

""Quite honestly, I’m looking for movies that impress me in some way, that aren’t apologetically humble or humiliating like, “Band of cheerleaders gets back together for one last hurrah,” you know. An old-lady cheerleader movie. I don’t like that kind of thing.""

by Anonymousreply 38May 1, 2019 4:11 PM

What was bizarre about that interview?

It was candid, no holds barred, no fucks given. It's everything interviews should be!

by Anonymousreply 39May 1, 2019 4:18 PM

She has to realize that she'd never, ever be cast as the lead in an Old Lady Cheerleader movie, right? She must know that the best that she could hope for is "best friend" or "snarky coworker" to the lead character. So it's easy for her to turn up her nose at those types of roles. She probably also turns up her nose at superhero movies as if Marvel is dying to cast her as the lead in its next blockbuster.

She seems miserable. Maybe that's why she can't get work--no one can stand to be around her.

by Anonymousreply 40May 1, 2019 4:23 PM

I enjoyed reading this. But oh my God R35, that face is enormous!

by Anonymousreply 41May 1, 2019 4:24 PM

I love the interview but either she’s completely without self awareness or very passive aggressive. She totally destroys her father, says she loved him a lot etc then adds another horrific story next second. Maybe this explains how some people don’t like her. Even her comment on Rene zelwager was bitchy (if true).

Also, I also wouldn’t state that the outside mirrors the inside if I were her. She looks terrible for 67.

by Anonymousreply 42May 1, 2019 4:25 PM

great interview, she doesn't give a fuck and she had a crazy, crazy life. Between her fahter, Nicholson, Ryan O'Neal; Polanski and Woody Allen, her story would make a SJW EXPLODE. No wonder so many urban legends out there about her being Hollywood's first devil priestess.

by Anonymousreply 43May 1, 2019 4:25 PM

r43 sounds like a Republican looking to bash "SJWs"

And, btw, she didn't say that she didn't find the Kavanaugh accusations believable, she said she didn't find Kavanaugh himself to be believable

by Anonymousreply 44May 1, 2019 4:30 PM

[quote]No wonder so many urban legends out there about her being Hollywood's first devil priestess.

I'll never forget reading on DL more than a decade ago that it was actually her satanic cult - headed by Anjelica - that killed River Phoenix.

by Anonymousreply 45May 1, 2019 4:37 PM

Oprah pulling a power bitch movie. So humble.

by Anonymousreply 46May 1, 2019 4:41 PM

She was brought up to tolerate shit behavior by men and makes excuses for it, not surprised at all. As a matter of fact, women are still brought up to do that.

by Anonymousreply 47May 1, 2019 4:46 PM

R7 not exactly a revelation.

by Anonymousreply 48May 1, 2019 4:48 PM

As far as her comments on faces mirroring the inside, that wouldn't apply to her because she was born unfortunate looking. She knows she's no beauty queen, and never was one, but I agree with her, I've never seen a good looking person who's horrible on the inside, age well. I'm not saying bad aging can't happen to good people, it can because it's also genetic, but never have I seen a terrible person age well.

by Anonymousreply 49May 1, 2019 4:53 PM

Penny Marshall doing coke was hardly a secret.

by Anonymousreply 50May 1, 2019 4:53 PM

[quote]Her rooms were freezing. Like air-conditioned, way up. She stayed up all night, followed QVC for beanbag dolls and stuff. She had this collection of sports memorabilia. She had a sort of museum in her basement full of signed baseballs and Lakers shirts. I just couldn’t relate. And also, frankly, she took a lot of coke.

r50 Yeah, and the QVC stuff is way more disturbing to me than coke.

by Anonymousreply 51May 1, 2019 5:05 PM

Nothing bizarre about the interview. Maybe probably so for some constantly irritable snowflakes who are offended at every minute thing in their lives.

It's like an old lady spilling the beans of her life.

by Anonymousreply 52May 1, 2019 5:31 PM

Great interview. She's weirder than I thought she'd be.

by Anonymousreply 53May 1, 2019 5:34 PM

How did the interviewer not ask her about Keanu?! I want her to spill some tea! I bet she knows shit about him.

by Anonymousreply 54May 1, 2019 5:42 PM

She has 2 good autobiographies, pretty good but she is even more candid in that interview.

by Anonymousreply 55May 1, 2019 5:44 PM

r54 Because it would be extremely gross to gossip about an actor who is in the same movie you're currently promoting. It's just not done.

by Anonymousreply 56May 1, 2019 5:47 PM

This must be the photo of one of the oldest-looking 20-year-old fraus I've ever seen:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 1, 2019 5:49 PM

Well Miss KnowItAll r56, how long do we have before it’s acceptable to spill some tea on him?

by Anonymousreply 58May 1, 2019 5:59 PM

Wow r57, her body was horrible. Great interview though.

by Anonymousreply 59May 1, 2019 6:00 PM

This is a legit interview without a publicist present in the room. This is what interviews are supposed to be like.

by Anonymousreply 60May 1, 2019 6:07 PM

I came a little from that interview.

by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2019 6:09 PM

She said she didn't find Kavanaugh believable. She's not supporting him. God.

by Anonymousreply 62May 1, 2019 6:12 PM

Good interview What surprises me most is that she's not treated like Hollywood Royalty. I thought that title and it's rewards lasted a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 63May 1, 2019 6:25 PM

i think it's a great interview, she's not afraid of telling the truth and it has a lot of gumption, good for her. I wonder if it's true that she is intersex? She's rather masculine and has no children?

by Anonymousreply 64May 1, 2019 6:51 PM

No, that's Jamie Lee Curtis. In that interview, Anjelica mentions trying to get pregnant (for a brief time).

by Anonymousreply 65May 1, 2019 6:54 PM

Penny Marshall looked like the type of person who watched QVC all day.

Does SAG not provide health insurance for the spouses of its members? She says she lost almost everything pay her husband's medical bills.

by Anonymousreply 66May 1, 2019 6:58 PM

she'd be great playing an older Diana Vreeland, it could make her whole career

by Anonymousreply 67May 1, 2019 7:04 PM

In her new memoir, Anjelica Huston reveals her relationship with her father—“I was fascinated by his body.”

I remember saying to my father 'if ever I was to consider incest, it would definitely be with you.

by Anonymousreply 68May 1, 2019 7:28 PM

Sometimes, but not often, the OP will introduce an article, I'll read it and think - I have a completely different take on what I read. What is bizarre about this interview? I mean, the interview is frank, but Huston is not randomly or maliciously trashing people. When she speaks critically about people, Oprah for example, she talks from her own experience.

I think the interviewer asked questions that cross the line:

[bold] It’s kind of jarring that she went from Mick Jagger to Rupert Murdoch.[/bold]

- The frying pan into the fire.

[bold]Could you be with an 88-year-old man?[/bold]

- If he was, you know … who knows? It would depend on the man.

by Anonymousreply 69May 1, 2019 7:28 PM

I remember saying to my father ‘if ever I was to consider incest, it would definitely be with Danny’. You can’t help but love Danny.

Her brother??!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 1, 2019 7:29 PM

It was a dreadful, trashy interview. Gurl's no longer "playing the game".

Interesting how little she was paid for Prizzi's Honor.

plus no or little inheritance from "Dad".

I hate the way she refers to him as "Dad" - she does it in her books as well.

"Dad" sounds like he was a terrible creep. People gush all over the memory of him whenever they interview her.

by Anonymousreply 71May 1, 2019 7:29 PM

[quote]You can’t help but love Danny.

I can. He's so affected and annoying and a very mediocre actor.

by Anonymousreply 72May 1, 2019 7:30 PM

[quote]Could you be with an 88-year-old man? - If he was, you know … who knows? It would depend on the man.

In other words, how rich he was.

by Anonymousreply 73May 1, 2019 7:31 PM

r58 You'll know it when you see it, tactless Mary. Maybe after the movie no longer plays in the theatre?

by Anonymousreply 74May 1, 2019 7:42 PM

You misrepresented that interview OP, she sounds great. Loved her in The Grifters. .

by Anonymousreply 75May 1, 2019 7:47 PM

I agree, R75.

But I am European (not telling from which country) and find her way of talking normal. It has nothing to do with Huston being a celebrity, either.

by Anonymousreply 76May 1, 2019 7:51 PM

she doesn't sound very nice to me

by Anonymousreply 77May 1, 2019 7:52 PM

[quote]didn’t believe Brett Kavanaugh accusations,

[quote]She'll never work again after defending Polanski, Woody, Tambor, [bold]AND Kavanaugh.[/bold]

Huston said:

[quote]I didn’t think Brett Kavanaugh was all that believable.

Am I missing something. How is she defending Kavanaugh?

by Anonymousreply 78May 1, 2019 7:54 PM

r78 Yes, we've cleared up that confusion a couple of times earlier in the thread and then moved on. In short, she didn't defend Kavanaugh.

by Anonymousreply 79May 1, 2019 8:03 PM

Stupid name - Huston.

by Anonymousreply 80May 1, 2019 8:05 PM

She's always seemed so cool.

by Anonymousreply 81May 1, 2019 8:09 PM

This interview was hardly bizarre. Maybe some of the topics introduced by the interviewer were out there. But Huston handled everything with good humor and grace.

by Anonymousreply 82May 1, 2019 8:12 PM

She needs to get back with Jack Nicholson if she's short of money, she was the love of his life.

by Anonymousreply 83May 1, 2019 8:13 PM

love the interview and the photo.

by Anonymousreply 84May 1, 2019 8:15 PM

She looks like an amputee in this shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 1, 2019 8:17 PM

Diane Keaton looks like Richard Gere in the photo posted upthread.

by Anonymousreply 86May 1, 2019 8:18 PM

That script she mocks about senior citizen cheerleaders has been made into an actual movie and stars Diane Keaton.

by Anonymousreply 87May 1, 2019 8:23 PM

I love the part where she raises her hand, signaling to the interviewer that he shouldn't press further on that issue.

by Anonymousreply 88May 1, 2019 8:25 PM

I think she might have been offered POMS. It sounds like she read the script. Someone posted a trailer for the film last week and the trailer looked dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 89May 1, 2019 8:26 PM

[quote]Someone posted a trailer for the film last week and the trailer looked dreadful.

I'm surprised.

by Anonymousreply 90May 1, 2019 8:28 PM

[quote]So if he didn’t have insurance, who pays for all that? [Huston raises her hand.] I would have to say, apart from a few days directly following my mother’s death, that it was the worst time of my life, partly because everyone thought that I had lots and lots of money. It was a difficult moment, yeah.

I thought that meant she raised her hand, sort of saying, I paid for all that.

by Anonymousreply 91May 1, 2019 8:28 PM

POMS looks fucking demeaning from the poster alone. I'm glad she didn't sign on.

by Anonymousreply 92May 1, 2019 8:29 PM

She is a good director. I wish she would get behind camera. If she needs money, she could do a TV pilot. She'd be collecting residuals forever.

by Anonymousreply 93May 1, 2019 8:32 PM

r91 That could explain it as well. But I like my version better because it makes her seem more extra. Or maybe she was too distraught to speak more about it and so raised her hand to signal she'll only say one final remark on the matter.

by Anonymousreply 94May 1, 2019 8:32 PM

Didn’t believe Brett Kavanaugh? No surprised. She let Polanski rape a child in her house too.

by Anonymousreply 95May 1, 2019 8:34 PM

Loved every word of it because she is one of the only people now who just tells her truth without any political correctness. Refreshing. And it’s not like she is on a sitcom or has some huge movie career. She works here and there and this interview won’t change that.

by Anonymousreply 96May 1, 2019 8:35 PM

R95 = Brett Kavanaugh

by Anonymousreply 97May 1, 2019 8:42 PM

Oh, I loved it. And just google “Anjelica Huston 1970s” images. She was a good model and I think belle-laide. Beautiful in her ugly way.

by Anonymousreply 98May 1, 2019 8:44 PM

I think she looks stunning in this photo featured in the article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 1, 2019 8:46 PM

Judging from the look she gives her father at R99, she must have adored and admired him.

by Anonymousreply 100May 1, 2019 8:48 PM

I don't think she was ugly at all, she was chic looking, different and interesting, she always has such a cool presence in movies, would love to see more of her.

by Anonymousreply 101May 1, 2019 8:56 PM

I didn’t realize how much modeling she did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 1, 2019 8:56 PM

Compelling.

And I think she has a good speaking voice, too. You don’t expect her to sound like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 1, 2019 8:57 PM

she is striking, then and now. She had the perfect face/body for haute couture. Beautiful lady.

by Anonymousreply 104May 1, 2019 8:58 PM

Dramatic. There are tons of these photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 1, 2019 9:00 PM

i liked the interview She answered the questions presented.

by Anonymousreply 106May 1, 2019 9:00 PM

re: nepotism, being john houston's daughter and jack's 'girl'.

go rewatch the grifters, she owns that film from start to finish.

by Anonymousreply 107May 1, 2019 9:01 PM

She cut a striking figure through the entirety of Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 1, 2019 9:05 PM

R108 and I loved her as Etheline Tannenbaum.

by Anonymousreply 109May 1, 2019 9:12 PM

Huston was the best thing about Life Aquatic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 1, 2019 9:16 PM

I always thought she was gorgeous and incredibly cool looking.

by Anonymousreply 111May 1, 2019 9:19 PM

she didn't look like farrah faucett, which irritated the likes of john simon.

is john simon a datalounger?

by Anonymousreply 112May 1, 2019 9:23 PM

[quote]She'll never work again after defending Polanski, Woody, Tambor, AND Kavanaugh. Fucking hell, a quadfecta in a single interview!

I got news for you. Most of the older actresses in Hollywood feel the same way. They think the #MeToo movement has gone too far and is ruining some great art. Most older women across America feel this way, too. Ask anybody who has a connection to Hollywood if you don't believe me.

by Anonymousreply 113May 1, 2019 9:27 PM

She sound intelligent and adult and she appears to be speaking to the interviewer as an equal. No PR bullshit. She's wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 114May 1, 2019 9:28 PM

That's because a lot of them were part of the problem, R113. They would do anything to get ahead. Including acting as "honey pots". Including not acting in the best interest of children.

Glad to see they are disappearing.

by Anonymousreply 115May 1, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote]I hate the way she refers to him as "Dad" - she does it in her books as well.

What’s she supposed to call him?

by Anonymousreply 116May 1, 2019 9:30 PM

Face of an exhausted gnu and voice of an unstrung tennis racket is right, BUT, she's talented and interesting and was phenomenal in The Grifters.

Couldn't agree more r115. The older actresses are feeling a lot of shame that they had to do a lot of nasty casting couch stuff that is slowly (glacially slowly) being called out.

by Anonymousreply 117May 1, 2019 9:33 PM

[quote]They think the #MeToo movement has gone too far and is ruining some great art. Most older women across America feel this way, too.

I’m not sure about that last part, R113. I keep coming across these stories from older women who were raped or harassed or traumatized in some way when they were young and wish they’d had the power to do something about it then. Happened to my mom.

by Anonymousreply 118May 1, 2019 9:34 PM

Oprah is not petty like that. I just don't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 119May 1, 2019 9:36 PM

R118, I agree.

But some women might not welcome the MeToo# movement because they are accomplices. For example, the women who knowingly let their boyfriends molest their kids because keeping a man around is all they cared about.

by Anonymousreply 120May 1, 2019 9:38 PM

She looks just like her Italian mother.

by Anonymousreply 121May 1, 2019 9:39 PM

"Most older women across America feel this way, too. Ask anybody who has a connection to Hollywood if you don't believe me."

Men are still the gatekeepers in most industries, women know they have to accommodate them and tread lightly or else. Men are vindictive bitches.

by Anonymousreply 122May 1, 2019 9:47 PM

Well, isn't Oprah the smallest woman in the world. It shows how thirsty she was for that Color Purple Oscar.

Bill Murray showed up at her husbands funeral, when other's did not. Kind of telling. Did they not go because of Anjelica?

Ryan O'Neal is a deeply disturbed person - sound legit. "And I think you also get the face you deserve. Have you seen it lately?"

She kind of comes off a bit like Alec Baldwin with all the axes to grind.

by Anonymousreply 123May 1, 2019 9:48 PM

metoo? sorry, but if you willingly sleep with someone so they will give you a role/job, you are both benefiting, it's clearly a mutual agreement, a contract in effect. You can't say 40 years later that it was sexual abuse. You consented to get a job. Joan Collins has come out and said she was made offers like this but that she always refused to do it. Now being grabbed on the street and taken into an alleyway and being viciously rape, that is sexual abuse.

by Anonymousreply 124May 1, 2019 9:48 PM

Too many of our moms and grandmas were raped. To often, this occurred before they were out of their teens.

by Anonymousreply 125May 1, 2019 9:50 PM

[quote]I hate the way she refers to him as "Dad" - she does it in her books as well. What’s she supposed to call him?

My father.

by Anonymousreply 126May 1, 2019 9:51 PM

R119, Oprah is that petty.

by Anonymousreply 127May 1, 2019 9:51 PM

metoo refers to coercion not an exchange

by Anonymousreply 128May 1, 2019 9:52 PM

"sorry, but if you willingly sleep with someone so they will give you a role/job, you are both benefiting, it's clearly a mutual agreement, a contract in effect. "

When some with power pressures someone without power for sexual access, that is not an acceptable way of doing business. Yeah, they can say no but that means no work. Only dysfunctional people think that is ok.

by Anonymousreply 129May 1, 2019 9:52 PM

I enjoyed the interview and continue to enjoy her.

No mention of two seasons of SMASH? Hee. That was clearly a money move on her part.

Overall, her candor is refreshing. Diane Keaton has vastly more money than Huston does and more film credits, but she does embarrassing shit movies, and she should be called on it, as should DeNiro. These people aren't sacred cows merely because they're old.

And she's unafraid to call out someone truly psycho, abusive, and violent like Ryan O'Neal.

by Anonymousreply 130May 1, 2019 9:52 PM

This reminds me of the Quincy Jones interview where he let the tea spill.

by Anonymousreply 131May 1, 2019 9:53 PM

R124, there is a lot of ground between a vicious stranger rape in an alley and fucking for parts.

Not to even mention the awful things that happen to children of both sexes.

Jesus Christ you are willfully obtuse. I’m trying to hope you don’t have to learn firsthand.

by Anonymousreply 132May 1, 2019 9:54 PM

R132, if the mob is just embezzling or coercing people out of protection money and hardly ever violently robs people in the alley, it’s still worth exposing them and trying to put a stop to it.

by Anonymousreply 133May 1, 2019 10:04 PM

No use explaining to those who understand that they need coercion to get what they want and so have no interest in eliminating such practices.

by Anonymousreply 134May 1, 2019 10:06 PM

R131 I was thinking the same. Quincy pissed a lot of people off with that interview he gave.

by Anonymousreply 135May 1, 2019 10:07 PM

Loved the interview, love her. But I do think it's kind of funny she's crying poverty despite owning a home in Pacific Palisades and a ranch.

by Anonymousreply 136May 1, 2019 10:08 PM

Interesting interview. I don't know how anyone can defend Polanski (or in this case, apparently a whole "European sensibility") of but do I like seeing crazy, interesting celebs telling us what they really think.

by Anonymousreply 137May 1, 2019 10:11 PM

no questions about The Witches?? BOOO

by Anonymousreply 138May 1, 2019 10:12 PM

r136, a lot of upkeep and expenses

by Anonymousreply 139May 1, 2019 10:14 PM

This is like that Kathleen Turner interview from last year where she seemed to give zero fucks. I love interviews like this. Anjelica will probably be forced to apologize once some of the trans Twitter fools get wind of her Transparent set comments. I can picture it now. "Oh, so Tambour never did anything to you, so you don't believe he could do it to anyone else? There you have it, folks. Cis white feminism 101. #cancelled"

by Anonymousreply 140May 1, 2019 10:15 PM

I like her presence. Towing the line between masculine and feminine like Kathleen Turner, Faye Dunaway, and Mary Woronov.

by Anonymousreply 141May 1, 2019 10:18 PM

You know, a lot of people like to plead poverty. It keeps the lower level relatives from hitting them up for money. I'm not sure that her definition of poverty might be different than ours.

by Anonymousreply 142May 1, 2019 10:21 PM

Mary Woronov always seems to give similar, "I don't give a fuck" interviews that are delicious. I wish Faye would do a nice, honest piece like this.

by Anonymousreply 143May 1, 2019 10:21 PM

Faye's too pretentious and defensive to ever give an interview like this. The last time someone asked her about throwing urine at Polanski she stormed out.

by Anonymousreply 144May 1, 2019 10:23 PM

R142 she probably just means she can't spend the same amount of money as she did at the height of her career. Maybe, she had to "downsize" somewhat.

by Anonymousreply 145May 1, 2019 10:25 PM

Wikipedia says she sold her house in Venice for 11.5 million. She can't be that poor.

by Anonymousreply 146May 1, 2019 10:26 PM

With some of those older actresses, I wonder if one issue is that they’re extremely familiar with other people in their industry (obnoxious rivals, perhaps) who happily took advantage of the casting couch, but not so aware of all the people who never made it for that reason (or of successful actresses who managed to keep it a secret).

by Anonymousreply 147May 1, 2019 10:32 PM

she has an interesting point about the Transparent mess: on set dynamics must be judged and considered differently than an office dynamics when harassment accusations are thrown. maybe she's right

by Anonymousreply 148May 1, 2019 10:33 PM

RE: ORCA: "God knows, she’s made some big steps."

MEOW!

by Anonymousreply 149May 1, 2019 10:33 PM

r146, can't you read and comprehend. she sold it at a loss (less than she paid for it) and it was heavily mortgaged.

by Anonymousreply 150May 1, 2019 10:36 PM

[R124], there is a lot of ground between a vicious stranger rape in an alley and fucking for parts. Not to even mention the awful things that happen to children of both sexes. Jesus Christ you are willfully obtuse. I’m trying to hope you don’t have to learn firsthand. —Anonymous

r132, you said exactly the same thing as r124 but you condemned him for it.

by Anonymousreply 151May 1, 2019 10:37 PM

the casting couch is hardly sexual abuse because you're given a choice? Have sex with me and get this role, don't have sex with me and don't get the role? As someone else said, it's hardly vicious rape. And these women only complain years later once they've gotten their career out of these dirty men.

by Anonymousreply 152May 1, 2019 10:40 PM

Like others have already mentioned, don't see what was bizarre about this interview. She clearly was just not interested in giving "safe" answers. She answered stuff truthfully. That's usually a recipe for disaster as R140 pointed out, but I don't think she's "relevant" enough for anyone to actually care. I thought the whole thing was very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 153May 1, 2019 10:40 PM

Gorgeous house. I thought it was Graham's house, R150, not hers, but in this interview he says he designed it for her.

[quote]He gave me a very beautiful shell in which to place my oyster,” says Anjelica Huston of her husband, sculptor Robert Graham (shown here), who designed their house.

Lucky bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154May 1, 2019 10:43 PM

There is *nothing* "bizarre" about anything she said here. Her responses are carefully measured. She *did not* side with Kavanaugh in any way. Everything she says about the times being different in the '70's is 100% accurate. She comes across as very thoughtful and interesting. I'd never paid any attention to her until now.

by Anonymousreply 155May 1, 2019 10:43 PM

More of the house.

How can anyone who lived in this much beauty every say they are broke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 1, 2019 10:44 PM

Is he autobio worth reading? I bet my library has it.

by Anonymousreply 157May 1, 2019 10:45 PM

R64 she's not intersex you dumbass

by Anonymousreply 158May 1, 2019 10:46 PM

closet case.

by Anonymousreply 159May 1, 2019 10:52 PM

I thought the interviewer did a good job on the background research. He asked good questions and she answered them all.

by Anonymousreply 160May 1, 2019 10:54 PM

I thought it was a fantastic interview. I tire of reading interviews that are merely puff pieces and/or publicity for a project. She comes across as present and sincere. And...she never said she was poor; she said that she has to keep working for money. If she has a PacPal house and a huge ranch, her nut must be awfully large.

by Anonymousreply 161May 1, 2019 10:56 PM

With De Niro it's not just the movies that are bad his performances have been poor for almost 3 decades.

by Anonymousreply 162May 1, 2019 10:58 PM

That was both amusing and depressing.

by Anonymousreply 163May 1, 2019 11:00 PM

[quote] Bobby I don’t know the last thing that I’ve seen him in that I thought, Wow, he’s really cracking it.

I agree.

by Anonymousreply 164May 1, 2019 11:01 PM

I've never thought much of any of Robert De Niro's acting

by Anonymousreply 165May 1, 2019 11:02 PM

She poor mouths but I can guarantee you she's got loads of money.

by Anonymousreply 166May 1, 2019 11:26 PM

R157 Yes both A Story Lately Told and Watch Me are worth reading.

by Anonymousreply 167May 1, 2019 11:36 PM

Thanks, R167. I will put a hold on both book.

by Anonymousreply 168May 1, 2019 11:37 PM

Gnu

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169May 1, 2019 11:38 PM

I don't remember much about her books - I do remember she lived on the same street I lived in London as a kiddie in the 60s. Very obscure street. Made me jump when I read it.

She had an English accent until she went to America. You'd NEVER know now.

by Anonymousreply 170May 1, 2019 11:44 PM

She got gay genes from her father.

So many marriages => closet case trying too hard to prove that they are not gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171May 1, 2019 11:46 PM

Here she is now - very recent interview, this week in fact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 1, 2019 11:53 PM

De Niro is supposedly making these movies because he needs the money. Why on earth is Diane Keaton doing these awful movies. Boredom? I like Angelica. Not sure it great of her to slag these folks off in the press though.

by Anonymousreply 173May 1, 2019 11:54 PM

She scares me more and more

by Anonymousreply 174May 2, 2019 12:00 AM

R173 Diane Keaton is a very wealthy woman. She is doing corny films for the heck of it.

by Anonymousreply 175May 2, 2019 12:05 AM

Get off the DL, OP... you don't have the stomach for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 2, 2019 12:07 AM

She didn't say that she didn't believe the Kavanaugh accusations.

by Anonymousreply 177May 2, 2019 12:12 AM

R176 She was so good in The Grifters, they don't make em like that anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 2, 2019 12:16 AM

[quote] She's right about how those guys like Polanski spent their time with young girls in Europe.

No, she doesn't get it. I am old enough to remember when 18 to 21 yr old men dated teenage girls. But polanski wasn't dating a teenager. He drugged and raped a teenager

And the thing is that the teenager might of slept with him, had done a little foreplay with her and he given her the chance to consent. But he didn't. He decided he want to make her unconscious and do what ever he wanted to with her.

by Anonymousreply 179May 2, 2019 12:20 AM

She's the new Julia Phillips. I love her!

by Anonymousreply 180May 2, 2019 12:22 AM

Did she talk about Deb Messing?

by Anonymousreply 181May 2, 2019 12:23 AM

Like most adults, I can separate Polanski's and Woody's work from their personal lives. They were brilliant directors. Their art should be judged separately.

And not one of you will miss a chance to watch Rosemary's Baby if it's playing on TV.

by Anonymousreply 182May 2, 2019 12:29 AM

I concur with R182

by Anonymousreply 183May 2, 2019 12:29 AM

R182, never seen it, never will. It's easy.

by Anonymousreply 184May 2, 2019 12:33 AM

This woman is a gay icon!

by Anonymousreply 185May 2, 2019 12:33 AM

Never saw Rosemary's Baby, although I've seen clips of it. Never wanted to watch the whole movie. I know that RB is a "thing" with gay men of a certain age, though.

by Anonymousreply 186May 2, 2019 12:37 AM

[quote] He drugged and raped a teenager

Read her grand jury testimony. That's not what she said happened. She saw half a Quaalude in an ashtray and wanted it. He didn't stop her but she said he tried to dissuade her from taking it. She is also a bit unclear about the sex. It's not exactly the kind of prior sworn statements you'd want your complaining witness to have made when you go to trial. I think the prosecutor got the best plea he could get. Unlawful sex with a minor - which is what it was. Polanski accepted responsibility and pled guilty. He did the time as called for in the plea agreement. Period. The case is over.

The interview is a fun read.

by Anonymousreply 187May 2, 2019 12:40 AM

Bill Murray is a real cunt

by Anonymousreply 188May 2, 2019 1:05 AM

R187 but what about the 10-year old he raped? Plus, there were others.

by Anonymousreply 189May 2, 2019 1:07 AM

Gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 2, 2019 1:24 AM

She's filling the void left by no-fucks-given Carrie Fisher.

by Anonymousreply 191May 2, 2019 1:34 AM

Robert De Niro has an intellectually disabled son and alimony to pay to Grace Hightower.

by Anonymousreply 192May 2, 2019 2:15 AM

I seem to recall that the 13-year-old asked him not to have anal sex with her, but he did it anyway. Pretty sure that’s rape right there, drugs or not.

by Anonymousreply 193May 2, 2019 2:28 AM

Cunt on wheels

by Anonymousreply 194May 2, 2019 2:44 AM

What's wrong with making corny or crap movies? They're just actors, not responsible for the writing. Some people like to stay busy, whether their job is always rewarding or not.

by Anonymousreply 195May 2, 2019 2:45 AM

r188, just a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 196May 2, 2019 3:51 AM

This dame needs her own Mamacita to find a goddam project for her.

by Anonymousreply 197May 2, 2019 3:51 AM

Speaking of Bill Murray, nearly all of those 70s comedy guys are major douchebags. And they're still at it. They're of a different era and none of them have changed.

by Anonymousreply 198May 2, 2019 3:52 AM

r198, dont get bill murray or his status as a hipster god

by Anonymousreply 199May 2, 2019 4:01 AM

r199 it's a total straight guy thing. I never thought John Belushi was the least bit funny, but straight guys worshiped him.

by Anonymousreply 200May 2, 2019 4:18 AM

Although I completely agree with r198/r199, there must be more to the story than she’s telling. Who would leave a cool chick like Angelica off an invite for no good reason?

by Anonymousreply 201May 2, 2019 4:29 AM

There really was this idea of a "European sensibility" back in the 1960s and 1970s, which our very own wrinkled Erna praises frequently for reasons that should be obvious. You can find old magazine photoshoots where naked little kids, toddlers sometimes, were used as background decoration (one with Severn Darden and Joanna Pettet comes to mind) and people, like Bruce Lee who I mentioned above, would talk about it as though it was simply well-known fact. It was the same era where people didn't think too much about 13-year-old groupies being used by rock stars.

What's always shocking is seeing someone all these decades later basically shrug out loud about it, as if it still doesn't bother them. We all cringe at what our cultures thought was acceptable back when we were younger, but some people just don't care. And it leads to the inevitable questions about what else from 1969 they think is still acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 202May 2, 2019 4:59 AM

Yes, R193, she told him no numerous times and he did it anyway. It's in the Smoking Gun paperwork that's easily available. That alone made it rape, and no, Polanski hasn't "paid" for what he's done, that's just something his fangurlz say.

We have a troll who keeps bringing up that file as though it exonerates him, but it doesn't. It does the exact opposite.

by Anonymousreply 203May 2, 2019 5:01 AM

She returned to the audience after winning her Oscar, rather than the standard greeting the media backstage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 2, 2019 5:03 AM

[quote]She is also a bit unclear about the sex.

Absolutely untrue.

[quote]Polanski accepted responsibility and pled guilty. He did the time as called for in the plea agreement. Period. The case is over.

Polanski ran off to Europe, he didn't take responsibility. Other stars of the day like Jim Morrison went through the legal system to get past unfair convictions and sentences, but Polanski didn't think he had to because he was special. He didn't even work with a lawyer to try to get a deal after he ran off, he just ran off and started telling interviewers that he hadn't done anything wrong and the judge was a big meanie head who hated famous geniuses like him.

Besides, the deal with a plea agreement is ALWAYS that a judge can reneg on it at any time. That's how they work. He knew what the judge might do, he just didn't like it when it happened.

by Anonymousreply 205May 2, 2019 5:04 AM

i wanna hear about Jeffrey Tambor's Jewish weiner.

by Anonymousreply 206May 2, 2019 5:08 AM

Ryan O'Neal in his prime was mighty fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 2, 2019 5:18 AM

It's refreshing to read so candid an interview by a Hollywood type. Too often it's rehearsed, maddeningly inane fluff. Her memoirs are also worth reading, with a lot about her father and Jack N.

by Anonymousreply 208May 2, 2019 5:49 AM

Lol about how annoyed Oprah was towards her for winning the Oscar. I thought your Big O was above such things as awards and was all about zen and letting go?!

by Anonymousreply 209May 2, 2019 6:04 AM

[quote][R199] it's a total straight guy thing. I never thought John Belushi was the least bit funny, but straight guys worshiped him.

Right and to this day you see documentaries with people droning on about him.

I saw a preview to some doc. about Chateau Marmont just yesterday and clearly he's a feature.

by Anonymousreply 210May 2, 2019 7:50 AM

[quote]Ryan O'Neal in his prime was mighty fine.

I always though him rather fey looking and acting. Women clearly liked him. Definitely not "gay" fodder.

I don't like any of the people who were around her, from her bullying drunken father to asshole overrated Jack (another one the straights think is a "supercool dude") and the various other creepy men in her life.

by Anonymousreply 211May 2, 2019 7:55 AM

R93 I certainly agree that Anjelica is a great director. People need only watch Bastard Out of Carolina which she directed starring Jennifer Jason Leigh. Strong, uncompromising stuff.

She is also a great actress (The Grifters, The Witches and so on).

Oprah needs to get over the Oscar loss - if she is angry about it direct it at Academy members not Huston (and this is coming from someone who thought Oprah was the most deserving of a mediocre line-up).

by Anonymousreply 212May 2, 2019 8:08 AM

She would have been great in something like 'Gloria Bell', but more in line with the original Argentinian 'Gloria'. I could imagine her playing a boozy woman falling apart, quite well. 'Gloria Bell' seems too sanitized.

by Anonymousreply 213May 2, 2019 8:30 AM

Weird comments at R57 and R59

She certainly does not come across as a "frau"

What is wrong with her body? She doesn't have gigantic impants?

by Anonymousreply 214May 2, 2019 10:23 AM

[quote]I thought your Big O was above such things as awards and was all about zen and letting go?!

I'm totes zen and self-actualized until you block me from buying tacky designer goods from Hermes. Then you best watch the fuck out!

by Anonymousreply 215May 2, 2019 11:28 AM

I love this PR-less series of interviews from Vulture with older Hollywood. They don’t give a fuck, it’s great.

by Anonymousreply 216May 2, 2019 11:58 AM

I could totally see Penny Marshall sitting on her couch, chain-smoking and watching QVC. Totally.

by Anonymousreply 217May 2, 2019 12:21 PM

Like Miss Bots.

by Anonymousreply 218May 2, 2019 12:47 PM

"Quite honestly, I’m looking for movies that impress me in some way, that aren’t apologetically humble or humiliating like, “Band of cheerleaders gets back together for one last hurrah,” you know. An old-lady cheerleader movie. I don’t like that kind of thing."

Did this bitch just come for me?!?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219May 2, 2019 12:55 PM

Most actors (especially the biggest names) are just common trash with money & fame in their private lives. They're certainly not people who should be held in high esteem just because of their station in life.

by Anonymousreply 220May 2, 2019 1:20 PM

I love her. She's blunt and quite honest.

by Anonymousreply 221May 2, 2019 1:41 PM

R70 Honestly not surprised, Danny Huston looks a lot like Jack Nicholson but with more hair. Lol not that it’s okay for her to have incestual thoughts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222May 2, 2019 1:46 PM

Wow, fantastic interview. She clearly gives zero fucks. Loved it.

"A three-hour lunch at Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica" - lucky interviewer!

by Anonymousreply 223May 2, 2019 1:54 PM

[quote]Face of an exhausted gnu and voice of an unstrung tennis racket

I thought it was incredibly rude of the interviewer to read that review back to her.

by Anonymousreply 224May 2, 2019 2:04 PM

[quote]He gave me a very beautiful shell in which to place my oyster,” says Anjelica Huston of her husband, sculptor Robert Graham (shown here), who designed their house.

From the pics, it looks like most of the floorplan was devoted to either creating his sculptures of showcasing them, so no, Angelica, he didn't design the house to showcase you.

by Anonymousreply 225May 2, 2019 2:06 PM

[quote]Did she talk about Deb Messing?

"During the first season of Smash, Debra has just had an abortion -- I heard there had been an affair -- and was carrying some extra weight. She seemed self-conscious about this. so I offered, 'Why not wear scarves that drape down?' She liked that idea. We got along just fine after that."

by Anonymousreply 226May 2, 2019 2:20 PM

I can’t stand this horse-faced, pedo enabling cunt. She’s ugly as sin and doors were opened for her because of her father. And she helped cover for Roman Polanski. And she was basically a mattress for Jack Nicholson most of her life.

by Anonymousreply 227May 2, 2019 2:23 PM

She looks like John Travolta as Edna Turnblad in the pin at 172.

by Anonymousreply 228May 2, 2019 2:27 PM

I'm surprised the interviewer didn't mention The Grifters. I guess it wasn't embarrassing to her enough.

by Anonymousreply 229May 2, 2019 3:52 PM

Did OP even read the article.

by Anonymousreply 230May 2, 2019 4:25 PM

Anjelica is great. And she doesn't enable Polanski. She simply describes the times.

by Anonymousreply 231May 2, 2019 5:58 PM

It wouldn't be surprising if Anjelica was an enabler. She was an ambitious woman. If the Hollywood gatekeepers were into having sex with kids if would be best for her career to look past it and make excuses for it (i.e. European sensibility).

by Anonymousreply 232May 2, 2019 6:11 PM

She was abused. An abused person can't be an abuser or enabler.

by Anonymousreply 233May 2, 2019 6:13 PM

I think if you check you'll find out that most abusers were abused themselves.

by Anonymousreply 234May 2, 2019 6:20 PM

She claims the husband did not have health/medical insurance and his care left her broke. He was 70 when he died in 2008. Do these people not have Medicare or supplemental health coverage?

by Anonymousreply 235May 2, 2019 6:21 PM

Don't you dare talk shit about Morticia Addams.

by Anonymousreply 236May 2, 2019 6:23 PM

It's clear she's a very damaged person who closely identifies with / wants to be with abusive men. She even admitted (in a different interview) liking it when Nicholson treated her roughly and continued that she isn't attracted to stable, kind men. I mean, kudos to her for owning it, but knocking on the door of 70 doesn't she think maybe she should fix some of that shit?

That said, of course it's fun that she slams people like DeNiro and Marshall. She just could use some of that same keen perception about herself.

by Anonymousreply 237May 2, 2019 6:27 PM

The guy that interviewed her was a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 238May 2, 2019 6:29 PM

I like her but she seems to have a lot of internalized misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 239May 2, 2019 8:37 PM

worth noting that in that long list of abusive, deranged men of hers Ryan O'Neal still manages to be the worst one. My god what a piece of shit he is!

by Anonymousreply 240May 2, 2019 8:40 PM

Insightful R237. You articulated what I was thinking when I read the interview

by Anonymousreply 241May 2, 2019 8:44 PM

"In your memoir, you mention that Ryan O’Neal was sleeping with one of his daughter Tatum’s friends."

Melanie Griffith

by Anonymousreply 242May 2, 2019 10:57 PM

Why is Ryan O 'Neal so mental?

by Anonymousreply 243May 2, 2019 11:21 PM

the way tatum put it , mels befriended tatum only as a means to get to her dad.

dad is and was a POS

by Anonymousreply 244May 3, 2019 12:04 AM

[quote] She claims the husband did not have health/medical insurance and his care left her broke. He was 70 when he died in 2008. Do these people not have Medicare or supplemental health coverage?

You do know that medical bills are one of the number one causes of bankruptcy in this country.

[quote] I mean, kudos to her for owning it, but knocking on the door of 70 doesn't she think maybe she should fix some of that shit?

Do you believe that most people are capable of being fixed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245May 3, 2019 12:20 AM

I don't know what her husband had - but there are some treatments that Medicare won't cover. Like immunotherapy for cancer.

And maybe he was sick before he turned 65 and racked up the medical bills then.

by Anonymousreply 246May 3, 2019 12:37 AM

Robert Graham had "a rare condition called granulomatosis with polyangiitis, that causes inflammation of blood vessels." I guess their plan didn't cover that.

by Anonymousreply 247May 3, 2019 12:48 AM

I loved both her memoirs - what a life she's had. Kudos Anjelica

by Anonymousreply 248May 3, 2019 1:45 AM

She's Hollywood royalty!

by Anonymousreply 249May 3, 2019 2:15 AM

Any chance that OP, in his summary of Huston's stance on Brett Kavanaugh, is William Barr?!

by Anonymousreply 250May 3, 2019 2:23 AM

[quote] She claims the husband did not have health/medical insurance and his care left her broke. He was 70 when he died in 2008. Do these people not have Medicare or supplemental health coverage?

Medicare doesn't cover 100%. My Aunt is a retired teacher and gets Medicare and health insurance through the Teacher's union. She pays $300 a month for the Teacher's Union plan and she has a $100 copay on one of her meds

by Anonymousreply 251May 3, 2019 2:49 AM

I'm not sure I believe that Oprah hates her so much. I don't think Oprah really was in contention for that Oscar and she probably knew it. She was a total newcomer. Meg Tilly had upset Huston by winning the Golden Globe. If anybody was going to beat Huston it was probably Tilly and I'm sure Oprah was smart enough to know that especially with Margaret Avery in the category and all the backlash against the film.

by Anonymousreply 252May 3, 2019 7:17 AM

LOL, R250!

by Anonymousreply 253May 3, 2019 7:21 AM

u aint gonne see a bone chilling honest interview ike that very often...she may be fat and not purdy, but she has guts to lay it on the line...

she could be awesome with a few nips n tucks. odd she wont.

man I bet she can be queen of bitches if not had her smokes or caffeine....

by Anonymousreply 254May 3, 2019 7:57 AM

I looove that mean spirited oprah must be shitting her bloomers over what angelica said.

she so rarely gets her fat ass whupped up on.

truly fabulous...

HOW RUDE TO FLOP HER ASS IN FRONT OF A PERSON TO SPEAK TO OLD GEEZ CLINT,

poor loser and poor diet.

by Anonymousreply 255May 3, 2019 8:04 AM

poor ofra, $$$$ couldn't buy her no Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 256May 3, 2019 8:08 AM

had she not been the daughter of mr huston (well I guess he was her dad...), she would be living in a trailer in Encino working at Stripper Ladys of the NIght...pole lady , grifter.

by Anonymousreply 257May 3, 2019 8:34 AM

They don't have trailers in Encino.

by Anonymousreply 258May 3, 2019 8:45 AM

I don't get the hate for Anjelica. She (along with the Fonda's & Redgrave's) are examples were nepotism is good - they are all talented in their own right.

by Anonymousreply 259May 3, 2019 8:47 AM

R229, Why would she be embarrassed by "The Grifters"? She gave a great performance in a very good movie.

by Anonymousreply 260May 3, 2019 9:29 AM

R252, Oprah had a similar problem with Whoopi. As her talk show was winding down, she had Whoopi on and they addressed it. Whoopi said that she thought Oprah didn't like her for years.

by Anonymousreply 261May 3, 2019 9:33 AM

I think that was the reverse r261. Oprah thought Whoopi didn't like her. (and it was sort of true. Whoopi supposedly resented how Oprah became so associated with The Color Purple because she talked about it on her show so much. Whoopi even admitted on The View once that she was bothered by Oprah producing the musical version of the show because Whoopi felt it was her thing not Oprah's.)

by Anonymousreply 262May 3, 2019 10:06 AM

[quote]She's just of another era, really.

Yes. The blissful Seventies. The last decade when freedom of thought still existed.

by Anonymousreply 263May 3, 2019 10:13 AM

Wow, R22. Quite a resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 264May 3, 2019 12:00 PM

Did Oprah have another flip out when she failed to get an Oscar nom for The Butler?

by Anonymousreply 265May 3, 2019 12:16 PM

Bruce Lee never said that about Polanski or Europe. He mentioned underage girls available for sex in Thailand, when he was filming The Big Boss. However, he worked personally on training Tate for the movie The Wrecking Crew and lived not too far from her.

by Anonymousreply 266May 3, 2019 1:19 PM

^The Big Boss aka Fists of Fury.^

by Anonymousreply 267May 3, 2019 1:36 PM

That's a cool picture of her in the OP. Bizarre looking, but deliberately so. She looks like a sculpture.

As a huge fan of "Chinatown," I always wondered what it was like for Jack and Huston to act together, with pops in that creepy role.

by Anonymousreply 268May 3, 2019 1:40 PM

Poms co-star Jacki Weaver responds to Angelica's comments on the movie:

“I just laughed,” Weaver said, before adding cheerfully, “And then I said, ‘Well, she can go fuck herself.’ I was kind of disappointed. I had always been an admirer of Anjelica. And I thought, ‘That’s a bit mean and petty.’” Weaver can be a bit mean and petty, too, but only when provoked. Giggling, she added: “I would say she must be going through menopause, but she must have had that ages ago.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269May 3, 2019 5:37 PM

R269, that’s hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 270May 3, 2019 5:53 PM

The OP's photo of Anjelica Huston she looks kinda SIMIAN.

by Anonymousreply 271May 3, 2019 6:02 PM

Who da fuq is Jackie Weaver?

by Anonymousreply 272May 3, 2019 6:06 PM

Jackie WHO?

by Anonymousreply 273May 3, 2019 6:46 PM

Jacki Weaver was Oscar-nominated for Animal Kingdom. She was fucking awesome.

She's also been in Silver Linings Playbook, Widows and Bird Box.

by Anonymousreply 274May 3, 2019 6:51 PM

Jacki's response to Vanity Fair was perfect and only got more so.

[quote]Turning back to Huston, Weaver’s voice softened with sympathy. “Anjelica sounds sad at the moment, I have to say. I think she must be a bit disappointed or she wouldn’t be slagging on people for no reason.” After a pause, she added: “including herself, saying she’s an ‘old lady.’”

by Anonymousreply 275May 3, 2019 6:54 PM

[quote]didn’t believe Brett Kavanaugh accusations

She had a longterm relationship with Jack Nicholson. She's clearly got a pretty warped view of male-female relationships.

by Anonymousreply 276May 3, 2019 6:55 PM

[quote]didn’t believe Brett Kavanaugh accusations

[quote]She had a longterm relationship with Jack Nicholson. She's clearly got a pretty warped view of male-female relationships.

You realize you are quoting and responding to someone who completely misunderstood what Huston said about Kavanaugh, right?

by Anonymousreply 277May 3, 2019 6:57 PM

- Jackie Weaver -

Who?

by Anonymousreply 278May 3, 2019 6:58 PM

Jackie Weaver shouldn't be mocking Angelica's age.

That's a cheap trick and what she should be fighting against.

There are much cleverer ways to respond to Angelica's putdown.

by Anonymousreply 279May 3, 2019 7:09 PM

#TeamJacki

by Anonymousreply 280May 3, 2019 7:09 PM

Jacki didn't mock Angelica's age. She is 71 herself and went on a diatribe against ageism in the VF piece.

by Anonymousreply 281May 3, 2019 7:10 PM

I wish the interviewer had asked about Susan Tyrrell's story about John Huston. I'll take Susu over Angie any day.

“I was totally thrilled. The great John Huston, this grandfather figure. I’d just lost my dad, I hated my mother, and now here’s another parent figure to cuddle me. I can sit on his lap. To me, he’s like 100 years old. I know he lived a long time after, but to me this is Methuselah. Methuse-fucking-lah. The last thing in the world I’m thinking about is sex. They pick me up, and all the stuff is in the back. We’re in a caravan with three station wagons, with his goddamn oxygen tanks on top, and he says, ‘Get in the back.’ Now, I don’t know exactly how this works, but I do know I’m not riding in the back. So I said, ‘No, I get carsick. I have to sit in the front.’ And they were horrified. That burned his ass big-time.”

The next few days were a blur of drinking binges, nights spent in opulent four-star hotels in the company of all the other ingénues du jour (“scary girls who, to me, looked like prostitutes”), and day trips up and down the coast between San Francisco and Big Sur.

“So that night, we stop at this place that’s right up against the ocean, with the crashing waves below, where the bedroom windows are as big as a wall. It’s called the Sea Ranch. I was bombed by then, drinking and not eating. Matching them vodkas, drink for drink. Eventually, it’s 3 in the morning and he’s got me trapped in his room. I go in the bathroom and lock the door, and I’m just sitting on the toilet, shaking. It’s been a long time now, and there’s a knock. I hear [affecting a patrician drawl], ‘All right, dear. Are you ready? Time to go to bed.’ In that John Huston voice, like God is talking to you. And I’m thinking, ‘This is it.’ I’m scared shitless. At this point, I was just worn down. I was naked with a towel around me. I was totally nuts. But if we went to court, I’d lose. So we go to bed.

“Now he’s on top of me, and it was like the sagging flesh of a balloon, like an old balloon, and he held my tits and he was saying, ‘Oh my God. Oh my God. You’re beau-tiful!’ And I looked down at my tits, and I thought, ‘I am. I am beautiful.’ With the waves crashing against the cliffs below. I don’t even remember him being inside me. I don’t even think he got it up and got inside me, you know? He was just this thing on top of me. I can’t describe to you how horrible it was . . . but I’d rather fuck John Huston any day than some lame director.

“Goddamn it. Goddamn bastard. I still hate him, because what he took from me was huge. I totally believed in that world. I wanted to be an actress, and after that it was all over. I never wanted to act again. He stole something sacred from me. He’s the seed for all my behavior. And also the guilt, because I felt huge guilt that I didn’t run out of there. Titanic guilt, for laying down with him. But that’s how stupid I was. How naive. And I never got over it.

“I couldn’t tell this story for years,” Tyrrell concludes. “I’d look like a jerk, in the feminists’ eyes and in Hollywood’s eyes. I’d be swept out with the Clinton women. But you have to have balls. When you get to be my age, 55, it’s all balls — big, gelatinous balls. With the heart of a little child, and a face no mother could suckle.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282May 3, 2019 7:18 PM

Shimmy, Susan.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283May 3, 2019 7:33 PM

WOW, THAT WAS A GREAT ARTICLE AT R282

by Anonymousreply 284May 3, 2019 8:58 PM

'He was just this thing on top of me. I can’t describe to you how horrible it was . . . but I’d rather fuck John Huston any day than some lame director.'

ha!

by Anonymousreply 285May 4, 2019 12:13 AM

Great interview. Anjelica calls it like it is. Poms looks like a giant piece of shit.

I love how she exposed Eddie Murphy. He is such a fucking douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 286May 4, 2019 12:21 AM

“Now he’s on top of me, and it was like the sagging flesh of a balloon, like an old balloon”

Shudder.

by Anonymousreply 287May 4, 2019 12:21 AM

So, basically John Huston really was Noah Cross after all...

by Anonymousreply 288May 4, 2019 12:28 AM

R282, that was fantastic read. Thank you for sharing that. I’m off to look for more things she’s said or written.

Her performance in “Buddy Boy” blew my mind. Fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 289May 4, 2019 12:42 AM

The house her husband designed is hideous!

by Anonymousreply 290May 4, 2019 2:25 AM

So she supports Trump? I guess she is an asshole, in that case.

by Anonymousreply 291May 4, 2019 2:28 AM

[quote]So she supports Trump?

Where did she say that?

Stop making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 292May 4, 2019 3:40 AM

Walking her dogs in Venice. What a dump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293May 4, 2019 6:16 AM

I always wondered if Angelica was stoned or just bitchy when Ellen Burstyn won the Oscar. She has no reaction at all! Even Miss Dunaway is polite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294May 4, 2019 6:25 AM

I can believe that Oprah was that petty and feeling that she deserved to win the Oscar for "The Color Purple."

I can also believe that Penny Marshall shopped for Beanie Babies on QVC (while chain smoking and doing lines in her hermetically sealed, 65-degrees Fahrenheit mansion).

If you're an actress who doesn't fuck for roles, then I can see how you'd think that actresses who do fuck for roles are simply transacting (no pun intended). It must be frustrating when the bar is lowered like that.

Bill Murray does seem like a mean guy. Anjelica did give him credit for coming to her dad's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 295May 4, 2019 7:13 AM

Love Anjelica -- with all her weaknesses -- and love this interview. It's what an interview should be, candid and insightful, and (often inadvertently) revealing of its subject.

She clearly has no fucks left to give, and owes no living person anything, and good for her. She does sound a bit sad, or perhaps resigned is the better word. And I believe every word she says is true, from her own perspective. No spin or self-censorship.

by Anonymousreply 296May 4, 2019 1:48 PM

totally believe the big o is petty like that. the color purple is a great novel , the film not so much.

by Anonymousreply 297May 4, 2019 2:38 PM

Wonder what Andy cohen is gonna ask her about this on WWHL next week. I’m sure more tea will be spilled and the no-fucks will continue....

by Anonymousreply 298May 4, 2019 3:18 PM

Wow what a year with Faye in Chinatown and Geena in A Woman. They both should have won as a tie! Definitely Faye should have won.

by Anonymousreply 299May 4, 2019 3:29 PM

Wonder how John Wick 3 producers are taking this? It used to be any publicity was good publicity but #metoo political correctness can kill a film now.

by Anonymousreply 300May 4, 2019 4:02 PM

[quote]Jacki didn't mock Angelica's age.

"I would think she was going through menopause, but she must have gone through that AGES ago." is mocking Angelica's age.

by Anonymousreply 301May 4, 2019 4:06 PM

R301 I don't mean this as a slight to her, but no one cares enough about AH for this to make any kind of waves. She's had a great career, but her movie and media presence has't been in the forefront enough lately for this to gain outrage traction.

by Anonymousreply 302May 4, 2019 4:14 PM

Anjelica has fabulous jewels from Jack.

by Anonymousreply 303May 4, 2019 4:16 PM

R302 You responding to outrage traction to say there won't be any. OK . . .

by Anonymousreply 304May 4, 2019 4:17 PM

While not as internationally buzzed about as Taylor/Burton, a Huston/Nicholson film could be quite fascinating ala Fosse/Verdon. Christian Slater is the obvious choice to play Jack, but who for Anjelica? For some reason I think Allison Brie would be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 305May 4, 2019 4:18 PM

r305 there are no actors now with the gravitas to play Jack & Anjelica.

by Anonymousreply 306May 4, 2019 4:24 PM

Stephanie J. Block?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307May 4, 2019 4:42 PM

Lots of widows/widowers turn bitter when they lose their spouses. It's hard not to when you live in a couples world, and you are all alone now. This interview is an example of a widow not giving any fucks anymore and punching back at the world for dealing her a bad hand.

by Anonymousreply 308May 4, 2019 4:46 PM

Did the world really deal her a bad hand, though? Apart from her husband dying and going almost bankrupt as a result, that is. She said she's always liked difficult men and accepted the crap that usually comes with that. Seems to me like she's lived her best life.

by Anonymousreply 309May 4, 2019 4:57 PM

She still works and has 2 nice homes. Hopefully she can enjoy herself.

by Anonymousreply 310May 4, 2019 5:37 PM

vulture reminds me of movieline magazine, the interviews were interesting

by Anonymousreply 311May 4, 2019 5:39 PM

I'm sure she envisioned a very different third act for herself before Graham died at 70. It seems that she would have been content living an expensive bohemian life in Venice and never having to work again. She took the blow that life gave her pretty well, though. I don't sense any self pity in her, whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 312May 4, 2019 5:46 PM

BTW the new Woody Allen movie, the one Amazon doesn't want to release, will be released in Italy next October. I'm sure more european country will follow.

by Anonymousreply 313May 4, 2019 8:18 PM

R298, Sometimes the juicier questions are during the WWHL After Show.

by Anonymousreply 314May 4, 2019 8:29 PM

Angelica may be surprised by the blowback. And realize she probably overshared.

by Anonymousreply 315May 4, 2019 8:54 PM

Hollywood Royalty! Box office poison!

by Anonymousreply 316May 4, 2019 9:22 PM

I love that she stops for a minute while she's walking her dog to stop to chat with that homeless person.

by Anonymousreply 317May 4, 2019 9:33 PM

The sad thing is she wouldn’t have even been offered the Diane Keaton part in that POS movie POMS — she would have been offered one of the sidekick supporting parts. So she’s dissing an offer she wouldn’t even be considered good enough to get.

Say what you will about Keaton and her shit choices but she’s a 73 year old actress who isn’t named Streep and people in their 20s actually know who she is, so I’d say she’s doing something right. And no she will never respond to this.

by Anonymousreply 318May 4, 2019 10:04 PM

rumor has mr huston aint her dad.....

by Anonymousreply 319May 4, 2019 10:06 PM

I find it hard to believe that nobody wants to publish Woody Allen's autobiography. Wonder if he's tried any European publishers? His case is not as clear-cut as Polanski's or Cosby's etc. There's an angry ex involved, and one of the kids sides w/Woody.

by Anonymousreply 320May 4, 2019 10:23 PM

omg she looks like a thoth sloth big fat sow slug.

by Anonymousreply 321May 4, 2019 11:21 PM

I thought he was asking for too much money.

by Anonymousreply 322May 4, 2019 11:43 PM

R381 why the fuck would she want to do the piece of shit we all know it’s going to be Poms? Keaton, Weaver, Grier are all doing this for the money anyway. I think Anjelica holds out for movies with SOME artistic merit, and at her age I’m sure she chooses a lot of scripts that are the best of the worst. Meryl gets everything first, so the pickings are slim I’m sure. Huston should move to tv. Lots of producers would snap her up.

by Anonymousreply 323May 4, 2019 11:44 PM

^^^321 I mean

by Anonymousreply 324May 4, 2019 11:44 PM

Ugh 318

by Anonymousreply 325May 4, 2019 11:45 PM

I would love to know what Diane Keaton’s been turning down (if anything).

by Anonymousreply 326May 5, 2019 3:21 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327May 5, 2019 4:31 AM

Anjelica was very close to Lauren Bacall due to the John Huston-Humphrey Bogart connection.

Anjelica was chosen to present Bacall with her honorary Oscar and was one of the few celebrities invited to her funeral service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328May 5, 2019 5:23 AM

There have been rumors that John Huston was a perv and hung out with creepy Dr. George Hodel who is believed by some to have killed Elizabeth Short. The Hustons have probably paid some people to keep those rumors on the down low over the years.

by Anonymousreply 329May 5, 2019 5:29 AM

A writer, with a German mother and a Chinese father, put out a couple of books of funny memoirs and essays. I cannot remember enough details to find her name, but the family lived in the San Fernando Valley. To her annoyance, her father used to hitchhike. Anyway, it was a point of pride for him that Anjelica Huston had picked him up when he was hitchhiking.

by Anonymousreply 330May 5, 2019 6:07 AM

To be fair she's done TV and done some very good TV. Transparent on Amazon, of course Smash, the award-winning Showtime series Huff with Hank Azaria, major guest role on Medium with Patty Arquette. Miniseries like Iron Jawed Angels, The Mists of Avalon, Lonesome Dove, and her performance as Calamity Jane in Buffalo Girls. She's actually been nominated for six Emmys.

But for some reason she's never given the real 'money' part. She often comes in later in a series' run, steals her scenes, and then goes back to the ranch. I'd like to see her given her own TV vehicle. It doesn't even have to be the leading role, but just something in which she's a principal cast member and gets to do some juicy scenes.

by Anonymousreply 331May 5, 2019 7:59 AM

I'd love to see Faye and Anjelica in a film together

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332May 5, 2019 8:55 AM

I love Vulture. They're the ones who gave us the great Noah Galvin interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333May 5, 2019 9:00 AM

she rather borrow money from friends than do shitty work that's offered. tacky lady.....

by Anonymousreply 334May 5, 2019 9:21 AM

I like her tons now.

by Anonymousreply 335May 5, 2019 10:22 AM

she , hog face, wow

by Anonymousreply 336May 5, 2019 11:12 AM

The photo at R323 is photoshopped.

by Anonymousreply 337May 5, 2019 2:43 PM

R327

by Anonymousreply 338May 5, 2019 2:44 PM

At least she’s doing financially better than BFF Joan Juliet Buck. They usually mention each other in their interviews.

by Anonymousreply 339May 5, 2019 4:02 PM

No, it ain’t photoshopped.

by Anonymousreply 340May 6, 2019 3:14 AM

Did Anjelica cancel her Andy Cohen/WWHL appearance this week? She's no longer listed as a guest.

by Anonymousreply 341May 8, 2019 1:31 AM

Yes, it was posted in my thread.

by Anonymousreply 342May 8, 2019 1:33 AM

Anjelica Huston hopes she “didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings” with her recent New York magazine interview, in which she savaged Diane Keaton and Robert De Niro, among others.

In the chat published last week, Huston said she’s only interested in making movies “that aren’t apologetically humble or humiliating, like ‘Band of cheerleaders gets back together for one last hurrah,’” (which happens to be the plot of Keaton’s new movie “Poms”) and mused about why De Niro needs so much money that he has to keep making terrible movie.

But on Wednesday Huston said on Andy Cohen’s Sirius show, “I hope I didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings. And if I did, I hope they come back at me.”

She added, “I can’t say that I felt I was saying anything wildly out of place, because most of the things are in my books anyway.”

by Anonymousreply 343May 9, 2019 12:53 AM

Her appearance on WWHL has been moved to Monday, May 13.

by Anonymousreply 344May 10, 2019 3:02 AM

Cowards! lol

by Anonymousreply 345May 10, 2019 4:01 AM

I read to R130 and there I stopped. Great post R130.

Of course she is right, since when is saying what you think the end of the world. She didn't call anyone a monster but Ryan O'Neal and who would fight that assertion?

Diane Keaton and Robert De Niro have destroyed their reputations out of greed or vanity. She doesn't even say what she could. Nicholson and Anjelica were part of some very unsavory activities. They had the guts to live their lives with less lies, but she knows plenty about others. Not everything is a #MeToo example. Just regular old orgies and drugs.

What Liza Minellie did with men, women, dogs and cocaine in a weekend was more decadent than anything Huston was part of. I remember years ago, in a Vanity Fair article - she said that "drugs have gotten a bad name" or something like that. She's ballsy and not too apologetic.

So many great quotes in article but the best moment is when she is asked if she would work with Woody Allen again and she responds....In a heartbeat.

It's not loyalty. She had one of her best parts and performances (and experience?) working with him and what exactly has he done wrong? It's crazy that Woody Allen can't make films anymore or his name can't be spoken. Angelica doesn't even get on a soapbox in this interview, she just answers the questions. Without being defensive or obsequious. Some badass women are evil or liars. She could tell more about what happened but to tell it would be to be massively misunderstood today. NO, this post is not in support of rape or fucking children. Streep supports Polanski too. Woody Allen never raped anyone. Cher had sex with teenage boys when she was 40 something. Creative people sometimes get fucked by Dobermans in a room full of people. Ask L*I*Z*A*

by Anonymousreply 346May 10, 2019 4:33 AM

Honey, Cher wasn't having sex with teenage boys when she WAS a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 347May 10, 2019 12:08 PM

how funny, she jibes them for makin a buck

when she is broke as fuk

'spare a quid, mate?'

by Anonymousreply 348May 10, 2019 12:39 PM

R319, aren't you mistaking Anjelica with her (half) sister Allegra?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349May 10, 2019 1:54 PM

I was going to mention her role on Shut Eye, but then I realized that was Isabella Rossellini.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350May 10, 2019 2:41 PM

R350 Isabella should not still be rocking that Death Becomes Her bob haircut.

by Anonymousreply 351May 10, 2019 5:14 PM

I kinda love how Isabella seems to have bypassed the plastic surgery craze. She looks her age and is still quite attractive just like her mother was in her later years.

by Anonymousreply 352May 10, 2019 8:53 PM

no need to apologize, angie.

by Anonymousreply 353May 11, 2019 12:20 AM

"I kinda love how Isabella seems to have bypassed the plastic surgery craze."

Most European women if her generation are ok with aging naturally.

by Anonymousreply 354May 11, 2019 12:26 AM

Dennis Quaid looked good for a long time, but now he is turning into William H. Macy.

by Anonymousreply 355May 11, 2019 12:28 AM

R354. Not actresses on the Continent and Isabella would have done the same except she's afraid of surgery.

by Anonymousreply 356May 11, 2019 1:34 AM

Poms currently has 30% on Rotten Tomatoes.

John Wick 3 has 97%.

Angelica wins.

by Anonymousreply 357May 11, 2019 1:40 AM

r346, why go to the trouble to type all that out? You negate any possibility of being taken seriously by typing something as stupid as:

[quote] less lies

Do you know what a plural noun is?

by Anonymousreply 358May 11, 2019 1:41 AM

Less of you're musings please r358.

by Anonymousreply 359May 11, 2019 2:23 AM

Anyway, back to Anjelica...

by Anonymousreply 360May 11, 2019 2:24 AM

The Hollywood Reporter agrees with Anjelica.

[quote]To watch Poms is to be acutely aware of how, even in today’s ever-changing landscape, few complex character roles exist for women of a certain age in Hollywood. From veterans like Keaton and Grier to newcomers like Dorothy Steel, who made her feature film debut in none other than Black Panther and started acting at the age of 88, there’s a full roster of talent in this age group that deserves to be taken seriously. These women have earned their credits for decades, won Oscars and survived a cutthroat industry only to be cast in films that barely make use of their hard-won skills. And that’s not something waving gold pom-poms around can fix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361May 11, 2019 3:46 AM

Vanity Fair: Anjelica Huston Was Right About Poms

We wanted to love this Diane Keaton comedy, but ultimately sided with its most famous detractor.

-- I also went into the movie eager to defend it after Anjelica Huston cast some shade its way in a New York Magazine interview, earning a clapback from Poms star Jacki Weaver and an eventual apology from Huston. Without having seen the movie myself, I didn’t like the way Huston so snidely dismissed it. It felt all too similar to the way so many people, often men, discuss the vague genre that Poms is a part of: as silly, bobble-headed schmaltz, films that are flimsy, and maybe even annoying, just for being about what, and who, they’re about.

-- So I was ready to take a very Netflix Film Twitter account-essay approach to Poms, defiantly standing up for it sight unseen—bound and determined to yet again be a champion of a nice movie about gals of a certain age. [bold]Then I saw the damn thing. And, look: when Anjelica Huston is right, she’s right. Not about this type of movie in general! No, not that. But about Poms in particular, yes. The film, directed by Zara Hayes and co-written by Hayes and Shane Atkinson, is an abject mess, a movie so poorly built it feels like every other scene is missing—as if after production was wrapped and the movie was in the can, some PA found boxes marked "character" and "plot" in a storage room and realized they forgot to use them during production.[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362May 11, 2019 3:54 AM

R362

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363May 11, 2019 4:24 PM

My apologies to the DL gods for bumping an old thread, but I just finished reading Anjelica's second memoir, 'Watch Me'. She's not only very forthcoming and self-aware in the book, but she does the most effortless name-dropping I've ever read in a celeb memoir. And it's because she really knew all these people or worked with them, not because she ran into them at a party once or twice. It's a great, rather gossipy summer read.

I don't doubt that her deceased husband's medical bills racked up...she writes in the book of how many times she called the paramedics to have him rushed to the hospital. One time he stayed for seven weeks...that couldn't have been cheap. She admits that they were having issues before he became ill, which might account for her being a bit bitter about being left with the bills. And yes, she took 'Smash' for the money after Sue Mengers (of all people) told her she was lucky to be offered the part!

by Anonymousreply 364July 24, 2020 9:27 AM

Funnily enough there's an interview with Jacki Weaver in The Guardian today where she discusses the Huston beef.

[quote]Her manner is never less than endearing, although the claws can come out if need be. When Anjelica Huston disparaged Poms, in which Weaver, Diane Keaton and Pam Grier played ageing cheerleaders, she was quick to respond. Weaver told a reporter: “I would say she must be going through the menopause, but she must have had that ages ago.”

by Anonymousreply 365July 24, 2020 10:09 AM

The audiobook for this is positively divine (Mary!). I love Huston’s slightly stilted delivery and vaguely Euro accent in general so I opted for the audiobook, which clocks in at something like 20 hours. I cannot recommend it enough. She is, in a word, fabulous. What a life!

by Anonymousreply 366July 24, 2020 11:38 AM

Great interview. She is fascinating, funny, honest - I love her.

by Anonymousreply 367July 24, 2020 3:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!