Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So the media has selected Biden, already?

There are a bunch of "pro-Biden" editorials and now Joe S. is coaching Biden. It seems the media has blown off the rest of the Democratic candidates?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383May 12, 2019 1:55 AM

I'll start paying attention next year, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 1April 29, 2019 11:07 AM

It's his turn, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2April 29, 2019 11:11 AM

The media as represented by Joe does what they are told. The fix is in, same as it was in 2016.

[quote] International Association of Firefighters endorses Biden

by Anonymousreply 3April 29, 2019 11:11 AM

I really feel like somehow Joe & Mika have become the voice of "correct" opinion, mouthpiece of the media. How that happened I'm not sure. But it is.

I guess they will put one of the females as Joe's VP?

by Anonymousreply 4April 29, 2019 11:15 AM

[quote]It seems the media has blown off the rest of the Democratic candidates

So fucking irritating. Now tell me something I didn't already know.

by Anonymousreply 5April 29, 2019 11:21 AM

Everyone is saying that Michelle Obama will enter at the last minute and that she is the one. But I never got the sense that Michelle wanted to be in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 6April 29, 2019 11:22 AM

Joe & Mika were pushing for Joe to run a long time before he announced. Recently they've also been pushing for Mayor Pete. Of course,they promoted Trump until they couldn't pretend any more that he's a disastrous candidate.

Mika who couldn't hide her hatred for Hillary to save her life, and who has some kind of "know your value" women's forum business, has barely acknowledged there are women running for the Dem nomination.

by Anonymousreply 7April 29, 2019 11:45 AM

Joe + Mayor Pete as VP would be two white males. That's a no go.

by Anonymousreply 8April 29, 2019 11:47 AM

Until someone else grabs their attention....

by Anonymousreply 9April 29, 2019 11:50 AM

Geezer and sex pest. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 10April 29, 2019 11:56 AM

As if anyone pays any attention to the has beens and never weres of MSNBC.

Remember, these are the same people who keep predicting the imminent demise of Trump's presidency, and have been doing so since January of 2017. They're also the ones who thought Michael Avenatti was akin to the second coming of Christ. Their track record is piss poor.

by Anonymousreply 11April 29, 2019 11:58 AM

[quote] Of course,they promoted Trump until they couldn't pretend any more that he's a disastrous candidate.

Their ๐™–๐™จ๐™จ๐™ž๐™œ๐™ฃ๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ from the DNC was to build up Trump into a front-runner. They did what they were told to do.

With or without the media this time Trump is the certain republican nominee so they are limited to fixing the democrat nominee. Using Joe and the similar controlled media DNC wants to squeeze out the AOC types and nobody is farther away from those nuts then is bland reliable good soldier Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 29, 2019 12:08 PM

[quote]Joe + Mayor Pete as VP would be two white males. That's a no go.

As a Black male, I'm having problems with this. The media is pushing this view and it makes me uncomfortable. While I would LOVE to see another minority, woman, or gay person, win the Democratic nomination and the presidency, what is more important (to me, anyway) are their policies and character. Maybe, the minorities and the women are not connecting to the people and the two lead candidates who happen to be white are? People need to think about why Mayor Pete has jumped ahead of many of his opponents. He's authentic! I love AOC. She's authentic. Elizabeth Warren is authentic and has even released policies. Why aren't we at least talking about those more?

by Anonymousreply 13April 29, 2019 12:21 PM

I love Joe Biden. All he would have to say to me is that he will continue the Obama policies and I'm good. BUT, I'm concerned about his age. I must admit that bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 14April 29, 2019 12:27 PM

If Biden runs he needs to have ideas that people want. If he just runs on "Orange Man Bad" he will loose.

by Anonymousreply 15April 29, 2019 2:19 PM

If he just runs on "Orange Man Bad" he will loose.

by Anonymousreply 16April 29, 2019 2:22 PM

Biden is no threat to the rich so of course the mainstream media will push him.

by Anonymousreply 17April 29, 2019 2:36 PM

[quote] Biden is no threat to the rich so of course the mainstream media will push him.

Ding ding ding. You are correct.

And the surest way to a second Trump term is if the DNC pushes Biden down our throats.

by Anonymousreply 18April 29, 2019 2:47 PM

Michelle has carisma

by Anonymousreply 19April 29, 2019 2:50 PM

Biden will end up the male Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 20April 29, 2019 2:52 PM

Hmm... I'm still feeling uneasy about this thread. I'm feeling an "agenda" motive rather than someone (the OP) interested in having a quality and intellectual debate. I could be wrong and overly sensitive, but... We'll see as more posts, post.

by Anonymousreply 21April 29, 2019 2:54 PM

Who pulls Joe Scarborough's strings anyway? I've never been convinced by his political 180. Someone owns him and sorry I don't believe Mika has that much sway.

by Anonymousreply 22April 29, 2019 2:55 PM

[quote]Someone owns him and sorry I don't believe Mika has that much sway.

Never underestimate the power of the pussy.

It'll make you come early. Or, make you stay out all night long.

by Anonymousreply 23April 29, 2019 2:58 PM

First of all, corporate America, especially as epitomized by the 6 (and ONLY 6) mainstream media companies, are desperately flailing about, trying to get a neoliberal corporatist to gather steam. Beto, Pete, Joe, next.... Note the ones they are NOT getting behind are the progressives, happily the ONLY candidates who are effortlessly trouncing their stooge candidates with zero help or support from MSM: Bernie, Warren, Gabbard.

Which brings up the obvious conclusion MSM is praying people will not reach: MSM does not matter anymore. We have youtube, twitter, all other manner of social media. And by the way, lends new cynicism to the corporate fight against net neutrality and municipal broadband.

by Anonymousreply 24April 29, 2019 3:06 PM

In my opinion, Bernie is a fraud. I've always felt that way. Given his EONS of years in Congress and there really hasn't been much traction in those ideas that he believes in. Even if the legislation wouldn't pass there should be some type of paper trail that can add credibility to beliefs and positions. He's gone "Hollywood" as far as I'm concerned.

SOMEBODY should be paying more attention to Warren. Yes, some of her policies are out there but what she gives is a basis for discussion. Each of her policies might be accepted in total or people can take pieces from them that make sense.

Gabbard, I don't know much about but I just get a feeling of war monger for some reason

by Anonymousreply 25April 29, 2019 3:22 PM

Warren is being touted everywhere as โ€œthe one,โ€ praised for her policies, people on the internet are saying she killed it in various town halls and forums. Meanwhile, sheโ€™s polling in pretty much every poll as behind Biden, Bernie, Pete and Kamala. Thatโ€™s not winning.

Thereโ€™s a big disconnect between who progressives want and who the mainstream wants. Bernie and Biden are at the top because they have the most name recognition, but they are at opposite sides of the political spectrum. Both are too old and may have health issues before this is over. I think in the long run, after some of the others are better known, and they both have a chance to put their feet in their mouths, theyโ€™re not going to last.

It doesnโ€™t seem to occur to some people that โ€œkilled it at a town hall of progressive Democrats,โ€ is not the same as winning an election, and polls show 55% of Democrats will vote for somebody thatโ€™s not their favorite to get rid of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 26April 29, 2019 3:26 PM

We are a year and a half away from the election and not a single debate has started. Most voters don't even know all the candidates. It's way too early to claim anything. Of course there are frontrunners, but that ranking could look very different by September, and then again in November, and then again by next February. And Michelle Obama will not run. Who seriously thinks that would happen? I know the media gets obsessed with polling, but it's not worth putting that much stock in polling right now. A year before the 2016 election, Trump was polling at one percent.

by Anonymousreply 27April 29, 2019 3:31 PM

[QUOTE] Which brings up the obvious conclusion MSM is praying people will not reach: MSM does not matter anymore. We have youtube, twitter, all other manner of social media.

That's the real reason media hates Trump. He has exposed their irrelevance.

by Anonymousreply 28April 29, 2019 3:32 PM

Re: Bernie and Biden being too old. So, is Trump But he has the White House.

I'm really liking Mayor Pete! He is EXCEPTIONALLY smart and accomplished-I'm impressed by his fluent french alone among the many other languages that he is fluent in. He is very thoughtful and deliberate in his thinking--so far, I've liked many of his answers to many questions. He is soothing and calm in his speaking. He says that he is a Christian. He's kind, compassionate, and charitable. He's like the Mr. Rogers of politics! Buttigieg is literally crippling the religious right. It's as if he has them in a headlock.

Beto, just might be done in my book. My impression of him now is of some hippie at Woodstock.

But, it ALL comes done to policies and R27 is 100% correct--it's TOO early! We must avoid and not allow the media to shape the race and scenario for us.

by Anonymousreply 29April 29, 2019 3:33 PM

I think you're right r29. I started out supporting Beto (as I did in his Senate race) but his campaign is already falling apart. He's lost his two top advisers and the campaign itself has no direction or consistency. Follow him on IG and you'll see official campaign stuff, then photos of events and family -- and then FAN ART. Appalling fan art. They post everything.

I'm going to see Mayor Pete this Saturday and I'm hoping to come away inspired.

by Anonymousreply 30April 29, 2019 3:47 PM

[quote] I know the media gets obsessed with polling, but it's not worth putting that much stock in polling right now. A year before the 2016 election, Trump was polling at one percent.

Trump announced in June 2015 and then was in the lead of almost every single poll conducted from July 2015 until the end of the primaries. He's really not the best example to use of why polling shouldn't be considered at this stage.

by Anonymousreply 31April 29, 2019 3:56 PM

R28, older voters donโ€™t always get their political impressions off social media, and they vote. A lot of them get it from TV still.

R29, I agree about Beto, except he seems like an entitled rich kid pretending to be a hippie for Woodstock, then when the weekend is over, he goes back to Harvard Law.

Let us know how Pete does in person, Iโ€™d like to hear your impressions.

by Anonymousreply 32April 29, 2019 4:09 PM

[quote][R29], I agree about Beto, except he seems like an entitled rich kid pretending to be a hippie for Woodstock, then when the weekend is over, he goes back to Harvard Law.

I bow to you! Your description hit the nail on its head!

by Anonymousreply 33April 29, 2019 4:12 PM

Who does Joe Scarboroughโ€™s hair? How does he get that dramatic lift to it? Up top?

by Anonymousreply 34April 29, 2019 4:12 PM

Blow drying and hairspray? Bumpits?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 29, 2019 4:16 PM

Hereโ€™s another version that might be more likely:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 29, 2019 4:17 PM

Of the field so far, the best candidates (in terms of rejecting corporate donations (which should be the SINGLE-MOST important issue, especially to those of us who got sucked in by Obama), well-reasoned platform and experience and skill: A. Old guys: Biden is 76, has had two strokes, was a smoker, not athletic. Bernie is 77, a lifelong runner, non-smoker. For comparison's sake, Trump is 73, clearly never athletic, never smoked, tee-totaler. Also by way of comparison, Hillary is 72, and her health issues are legion. Elizabeth Warren is 77 and in good health, though i must qualify this as i don't believe she has released health records. Of these, and in response to R25, who questions Bernie's accomplishments: of all the candidates he is the only one who has been on the "right side" of every major issue in all of his years in Congress, including voting against wars, in favor of health insurance, against the Wall Street bailout, in favor of net neutrality, against fracking, in favorof gay marriage and gay rights WHEN NO ONE ELSE IN THIS GROUP WAS, against Big Pharma, against trade agreements, against deregulating wall street, against deregulating media corporations, etc.. Do not askhe utterly ridiculous question, "If Bernie is so great, why hasn't he been elected before now?" Bernie has maintained his integrity and populism in the times of Reagan,, both Bushes and that neoliberal pioneer, Bill Clinton, who sold his soul to save his presidency after the republicans caught him with his dick out. Nuff said.

Of the progressives, the second best candidate is Tulse Gabbard, who despite R25's feeling that she might be a hawk, is the MOST credible peace candidate in the entire field/party/US government. Honestly, you have a feeling? How old are you? She served TWO full tours of duty in Iraq, has been a huge advocate for our soldiers and their families, but is running on a platform of ending stupid military industrial complex regime change wars! She says that anyone who has seen and experienced what she and every other soldier has experienced could never support the course we are on. You do not have to have held the military at arm's length to be a dove.

As to DL favorite Pete, i predict that in 2 months he will be the dried up flavor of the month that Beto is. They are BOTH neoliberal flashes in the pan, who are hoping to be Obama reduxes. Recall that Obama ran on a platform of hope for change you can believe in. One year in office and he morphed into a republican ---- by his own admission!!! If you think Pete or Beto for that matter would produce policies ANY different from Trump, i've got a bridge i'd like to sell you.

Bottom line is that we are at war, in a class struggle with corporate control of EVERYTHING. Trump is as much under corporate control as Hillary would have been (remember her? Anti increasing the minimum wage, pro-TPP, pro-Big Oil, pro-Big Pharma, anti Wall Street regulation, pro-fracking, anti single payer health care, anti-college loan debt relief, and until the last minute, anti-gay marriage. Remember that? ANTI-gay rights till forced to backtrack. Why do DLers choose to whitewash that? SMH.)

Now this, THIS is the thing to remember: this is THE most important point. The DNC would rather lose to Trump than field a progressive as their nominee. Why? Greed. They want the money. So currently, the DNC is running everybody they can dig up (yes even the gay mayor of South Bend, IN) to run against progressives because god forbid, someone wins who ends their corporate lobbying gravy train. They took superdelegates out of the first round at the convention, as a concession to the progressives in the Democratic party, in return for their abomnible treatment of Bernie? So they have got to make sure there is no clear majority, so they can force a superdelegate-controlled second ballot. And then shove someone like Biden or Beto down the electorate's throats.

Don't be stupid DL. For once, could we discuss this strategically without uninformed bullshit about your feelings?

by Anonymousreply 37April 29, 2019 4:23 PM

Older people (I'd say mid 40s and up) know Biden and feel comfortable with him, and there was a LOT of work done in the media in 2016 to push the idea that Biden would have won if Mean Mommy Hillary just hadn't stolen his rightful nomination.

The media is also salivating at the thought of Donnie Two Scoops and Joe "Poster Boy For Foot-in-Mouth Disease" Biden going after each other, because of the ratings boost.

by Anonymousreply 38April 29, 2019 4:29 PM

The media couldnโ€™t be more out of touch if they tried.

by Anonymousreply 39April 29, 2019 4:32 PM

Joe was stunning in his youth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 29, 2019 4:32 PM

No, R38. That match-up would be a snoozefest. Trump and Biden agree on just about everything. Can you name one issue where they differ?

The reason MSM wants Biden is that he would not rock the corporate money-flow boat.

by Anonymousreply 41April 29, 2019 4:32 PM

[quote]Warren is being touted everywhere as โ€œthe one,โ€ praised for her policies, people on the internet are saying she killed it in various town halls and forums. Meanwhile, sheโ€™s polling in pretty much every poll as behind Biden, Bernie, Pete and Kamala.

So much anti-woman bullshit was peddled during the 2016 election and afterwards that there is no way a woman will win this election. I saw HRC supporters turn into full-fledged sexist shitheads within months after the election. Everything and everybody regressed. People are scared and they want an old white guy to make them feel safe again.

by Anonymousreply 42April 29, 2019 4:35 PM

I live in a red state, which is the only reason Iโ€™m even thinking this way, but I doubt I could bring myself to vote for Sanders. Iโ€™d either write someone else in, or I wouldnโ€™t vote. Heโ€™d be a disaster as president.

by Anonymousreply 43April 29, 2019 4:39 PM

[quote]The reason MSM wants Biden is that he would not rock the corporate money-flow boat.

I have a different view. The media wants Biden because it feels that he could win the race rather than a Warren, Mayor Pete, etc. Trump has awakened the press. It was all "shits & giggles" until he won--with its help. However, Trump has come aggressively for the press. He is literally threatening its survival. It wasn't supposed to be like this!

The media can't risk another 4 years of Trump. Another Trump 4 years might mean the extinction of the free press as we know it. Therefore, the press wants a WINNER!!!

by Anonymousreply 44April 29, 2019 4:40 PM

Biden didnโ€™t run originally because his son Beau was sick and eventually died. Hilary didnโ€™t take his nomination.

by Anonymousreply 45April 29, 2019 4:44 PM

R37 In terms of the health of the older candidates, it's about perception. Bernie may be a runner as you claim, but he looks like he is pushing 90 and near death. Biden and Warren look so much more vital in comparison. He even makes Trump look relatively young. The old, disheveled, and half-dead look just doesn't inspire confidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 29, 2019 4:45 PM

Ahem.... hardly a mention anywhere...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 29, 2019 4:45 PM

[quote]Bernie may be a runner as you claim, but he looks like he is pushing 90 and near death. Biden and Warren look so much more vital in comparison. He even makes Trump look relatively young. The old, disheveled, and half-dead look just doesn't inspire confidence.

TRUE! I agree with you!

by Anonymousreply 48April 29, 2019 4:47 PM

Michelle has carisma < Well I hope she sets her free at some point!

by Anonymousreply 49April 29, 2019 4:47 PM

Breathe folks. They want the horse race ratings. Weโ€™ll vote next winter

by Anonymousreply 50April 29, 2019 4:49 PM

[quote]So much anti-woman bullshit was peddled during the 2016 election and afterwards that there is no way a woman will win this election.

I don't know if it was anti-women but it sure was anti-Hillary. I tell you... to this very second, I have not a clue of why people hate this woman so much and with so much venom. If I were her, my feelings would be hurt.

by Anonymousreply 51April 29, 2019 4:52 PM

Joe Biden has a history of sponsoring the policies for predatory credit card companies. There is a reason they were based in Delaware. Remember when interest rates on credit card debt and financing were even much higher, and the window to pay credit card bills were much tighter with excessive late fee penalties? Thank Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 52April 29, 2019 4:53 PM

Corporate media owners love Trump. Reporters may not, but the corporations behind them do. They're not anti-Trump and they'll let him walk all over them, as we have seen for nearly three years.

by Anonymousreply 53April 29, 2019 4:55 PM

Honestly, R51, I don't know that the media per se were sexist, but the everyday people I know took the anti-HRC bias in the media and in the Sanders and Trump candidacies and turned them into wholesale bashing of any and all women.

by Anonymousreply 54April 29, 2019 5:00 PM

Itโ€™s all so depressing.

I need a hero.

by Anonymousreply 55April 29, 2019 5:02 PM

I can find ten photos of great vs death-warmed-over for ANY of these candidates, including Pete Buttigieg. That is not the issue. Bernie ran an incredibly demanding campaign three years ago and tired out people half his age. Certainly ran rings around ol' Hillsy.

As to red staters not able to bring themselves to vote for Bernie, I'd have to uggest you really examine yourselves and ask, "Am i a classist? Does Bernie seem beneath me somehow? Do I want someone as president who feels aristocratic somehow?" Because i remain convinced that is a good part of why DL found Hillary appealing: she was, forgive me for the word choice, patrician.

We have got to move away from fluff (i have a feeling she's a hawk. I can't see myself voting for Bernie against Trump --- i would write someone in. He's just not attractive, polished....). And start getting to substance. It is torch and pitchfork time my friends. More of the status quo has become impossible for the lower 75% of American society to take.

by Anonymousreply 56April 29, 2019 5:02 PM

The Democratic Party is in a real bind. They have to put up woke identity politics candidates, because that's the right thing to do, even if they won't win. While the Republicans have no such restrictions.

by Anonymousreply 57April 29, 2019 5:02 PM

[quote]Corporate media owners love Trump. Reporters may not, but the corporations behind them do. They're not anti-Trump and they'll let him walk all over them, as we have seen for nearly three years.

And, that's why many media companies have been having problems with the workers. I have an acquaintance who was a very big mucky-muck with one of the major media news outlet. She was TOLD specifically and QUITE DIRECTLY by senior management not to write /publish negative stories about Trump. She has since left the profession and doing something completely different now.

by Anonymousreply 58April 29, 2019 5:04 PM

No R57. Woke identity politics is not what they have to do. Substantive populism is what they have to do. Woke? Are you kidding me?

Go read something.

by Anonymousreply 59April 29, 2019 5:04 PM

The Republicans have been working since literally the days of FDR to create a political situation where they have a solid party base of voters with a unified belief system, while forcing the Democratic Party to be everybody else.

Because we're the "big umbrella" party, we have conflicting agendas and needs, something that the rightwingers exploit on a daily basis. They do it on all levels, from small local newspapers and small forums to huge rightwing Twitter accounts and big newspaper op-eds.

Trump may actually lead to a fracture within the GOP, honestly, but it won't be until he's out of office. Repugs are too stubborn to admit Trump was a mistake while he's still in office.

by Anonymousreply 60April 29, 2019 5:07 PM

I think Woke here means a woman or a POC.

by Anonymousreply 61April 29, 2019 5:07 PM

Biden is the only dem candidate who has 2 things going for him vis a vis the GOP. Their respect and their fear. They respect him because they know he's a good man. They fear him because they know he isn't afraid of them.

by Anonymousreply 62April 29, 2019 5:11 PM

I wondered who would say something like this:

[quote]Trump and Biden agree on just about everything. Can you name one issue where they differ?

And it turns out it's the same Sanders supporter who wrote this:

[quote]Bernie ran an incredibly demanding campaign three years ago and tired out people half his age. Certainly ran rings around ol' Hillsy.

Beware ANYONE who claims to be a liberal and who tries to divide the Democrats with petty shit like this.

by Anonymousreply 63April 29, 2019 5:13 PM

No, R60, the Democratic party does not have to consist of "everybody else." They have to be defenders of the little guy. That is ALL they have to do and they don't want it! They WANT to be rich, monied elite. That is all Hillary wanted. She wanted nothing more than to go to Nantucket two days before the election at yet another $344,000/plate dinner party.

When FDR was president, he wrote a letter to his brother that warned that unless the country's aristocracy gave some of the money back (they had it all, during the depression), that he could not see safe futures for them, they would go the way of the Tsars. He explained this new taxation in exactly those terms, to his fellow oscenely wealthy, and said having more money than everybody else may not be as satisfying as having it all, but it was safer.

THAT is a realization the billionaire class must ome to. When you look at what MSM is reporting in light of this, you relize just how much they are trying to dumb us all down.

by Anonymousreply 64April 29, 2019 5:14 PM

Joe & Mika know that Biden is the best candidate to beat Trump. They know that voters are not going to elect a socialist in the middle of a good economy. A Bernie candidacy would be George McGovern all over again.

And they know that America is probably not ready to elect a woman president, which make Harris and Warren risky bets. Same with a gay president.

So, Joe & Mika are right about this one.

by Anonymousreply 65April 29, 2019 5:15 PM

Are you fucking out of your mind R63? You think THAT is dividing the Democratic party? You have bigger problems than failing to see biden as a corporate tool.

by Anonymousreply 66April 29, 2019 5:17 PM

[quote]They have to put up woke identity politics candidates

I'm so SICK of us normalizing these Republican label terms. If I were a woman, it's identity politics because I want equal pay? Have the final say about what will be done to my body? If I were a minority, it's identity politics because I want to exercise my right to vote? If I were gay--wait a minute... I am gay. Anyway, it's identity politics just because I ask to be treated fairly and have the same rights that everyone else enjoys?

by Anonymousreply 67April 29, 2019 5:17 PM

Sanders supporters went all-in on the "identity politics is wrong" theme, which they got straight from Republicans. Most gay Sanders supporters say the same thing that Log Cabin Repugs do: "I'm not a one-issue voter." Then they sniff haughtily.

by Anonymousreply 68April 29, 2019 5:21 PM

The DNC is not supposed to be picking candidates.

by Anonymousreply 69April 29, 2019 5:24 PM

โ€œBecause i remain convinced that is a good part of why DL found Hillary appealing: she was, forgive me for the word choice, patrician.โ€

Now this is true.

by Anonymousreply 70April 29, 2019 5:28 PM

No, we Sanders supporters do not sniff haughtily at people who identify strongly with one main issue, whether it's feminism or gay rights, or racial equality.... The list is long. What we DO maintain is that every human being is endowed with human rights that are in direct opposition to the rights of the corporation. That human beings deserve to be treated when they are sick, to be educated so they can do meaningful satisfying work. They deserve to be paid reasonably for that work, to have an environment not in danger of destruction due to pollution. They deserve to have a say in political movements and to not be drowned out by greed and corporate monied interests.

It is not complicated. You can either see yourself as one of the elite or one of a much larger humanity.

by Anonymousreply 71April 29, 2019 5:29 PM

Michelle asked her dear friend Queen Elizabeth if she should run, so the Queen asked God, and God responded:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 29, 2019 5:30 PM

michelle troll, please stop. No one wants her.

by Anonymousreply 73April 29, 2019 5:32 PM

There are no โ€œturns.โ€

Joe Biden is a warmonger, a sex pest and a buffoon.

Decency is what the President needs more of these days.

by Anonymousreply 74April 29, 2019 5:35 PM

Sanders is not going to be the candidate, because although he has great name recognition, there are also a lot of Democrats who will never vote for him. The progressive wing of the party always campaigns on free shit for middle class students, which alienates anybody with money. Nobody but an idiot leads with that. If you donโ€™t get a Democrat in office, all your free shit is going nowhere. Turn on the TV sometime. See any free shit? No, because thereโ€™s a Republican in there. That should tell you something.

Hereโ€™s something else. If you really want to go back to Democratic values like you claim, that includes majority rule. Do the majority want to hand over their hard earned cash and give you free shit? No. Peteโ€™s idea of compulsory public service for young people actually makes sense, in that people are more likely to want to give somebody free or reduced fee college in return for public service. After WWII, all vets got free college on the GI bill. All they had to do was throw themselves in front of Hitler and if they lived, free college. Easy.

Peteโ€™s not even asking for that, in fact he prefers people do their male bonding in a hospital emptying bedpans or in a forest planting trees. Society actually benefits from that. I donโ€™t mind paying for college for people that get off their asses and work. As for free college handed out like candy, whereโ€™s mine? I didnโ€™t get that.

by Anonymousreply 75April 29, 2019 5:35 PM

[quote]It is not complicated. You can either see yourself as one of the elite or one of a much larger humanity.

No, it's not complicated, R71. But again, I'd like to see something somewhere of what Bernie did towards advancing towards those objectives (besides blowing hot air) during his 100 years in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 76April 29, 2019 5:40 PM

He bought a few houses r76.

by Anonymousreply 77April 29, 2019 5:42 PM

As much as Trump bashes CNN, they have hired, including recently, Republicans who have had ties to Trump in administrative roles. They keep Republicans on the payroll as commentators, some of them with disgraced backgrounds. Some of CNN's hosts/anchors and reporters take the opportunity to enable Trump.

by Anonymousreply 78April 29, 2019 5:42 PM

R75, i see the Millenials are coming to the table. Anyone who says "where's mine?" Is not exactly anti-Trump. You clearly HAVE a candidate who meets your requirements: meet Donald Trump.

For the people willing to slash the budget od the military industrial complex who are making trillions on the backs of the American little guys, --- slash it in order to fund college, health care, daycare --- there are populist democrats. And if you start that "spoiled children who just want free shit", let me remind you now that those things exist in every single industrialized country but our own. How do they pay for it? They do not keep stockpiling weapons that become obsolete as soon as they are delivered.

We make more weapons than the next 77 countries combined. Insanity. Tell me again on wanting to know where yours is. Look to lockheed martin, raytheon, GE little boy.

Your ignorance betrays you.

by Anonymousreply 79April 29, 2019 5:43 PM

[quote]The progressive wing of the party always campaigns on free shit for middle class students, which alienates anybody with money.

What is with this country that they don't like educated and healthy people???

[quote]Do the majority want to hand over their hard earned cash and give you free shit?

YES! My church raised over $100K to help students defray the costs of their student loans. Maybe that's not a lot to you but every little bit helps and it will be the mission and thought that will go a long way.

[quote]As for free college handed out like candy, whereโ€™s mine? I didnโ€™t get that.

Okay.... Now, I understand....

Pathetic...

by Anonymousreply 80April 29, 2019 5:47 PM

R76 and R77, and others wanting to know what Bernie has accomplished.

Let's have a bit of a history lesson, ok?

Up until 2016, Bernie Sanders was the lone independent senator from a tiny liberal new england state that no one paid any attention to. Bernie was never able to get co-sponsors for legislation he wrote, and began instead to attach his motions as amendments to other people's legislation, becoming "The Amendment King." He kept as his priority serving the people of Vermont while also doung the most good as a legislator. Towards that end, he got almost 400 pieces of legislation passed with his amendments that included such things as allowing people to fill prescriptions in CA, so as to circumvent unbearably high drug prices; funding local low income housing initiatives; providing education initiatives for low-income head start programs. His website lists all 384 amendments i believe. Remember that one criticism of the man is that he has done nothing. Compare this record to Donald Trump's, or better yet, Hillary Clinton. Hillary had her name attached to only 3 pieces of legislation, all of them ceremonial. They renamed parks, dedicated a monument, established an honorary holiday. Why? She was studiously avoiding controversy, no stand at all being her preference to a vaguely risky stand on anything.

After Bernie's presidential run turned him into a celebrity senator, he wrote the bill that became the Sanders McCain bill, that spent $16 billion improving and fixing the VA.

You can accuse Bernie of not aiming high enough, but you cannot accuse him of not working, nor of not understanding the system. He figured out how to make lemonade.

by Anonymousreply 81April 29, 2019 6:02 PM

R46, young people aren't as shallow as you are.

Millennials don't care about how Bernie looks. He could have two heads for all they care. They care about the policy.

Yes Biden and Kamala both look good and are more photogenic perhaps than a Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren but what does that matter? An empty suit is an empty suit. America doesn't like or trust them to fight for the working class. Theyre beholden to special interests.

The only people who can beat Trump are actual progressives like Sanders or Warren

by Anonymousreply 82April 29, 2019 6:02 PM

Joe Biden still has to energize the black vote. If he doesn't, hello Trump for four more years. Black media has been pulling out all of joe's past going back to the early 70s when he sided with southern segregationist over civil rights leaders on certain bills.

They did acknowledge it was probably most likely for political reasons. But there's still so much bad shit there when it comes to biden and black youtube, twitter, media is putting everything out in the open.

And than there's Anita hill. Its not going to be easy for biden. He also sponsored the clinton crime bill in the 90s and that affected a lot of black men. One of the main reasons black men didn't support hillary in 2016.

Joe has a lot to answer for.

by Anonymousreply 83April 29, 2019 6:03 PM

R83, WTF? 82 responses and your sole contribution is that "Biden has to energize the Black vote."? What is the matter with you? The ONLY way he will be the candidate is if the DNC tries to ram him down the electorate's throats. Biden is NOT the candidate, nor is he even an issue.

Turn your attention to other candidates. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 84April 29, 2019 6:07 PM

R67 women don't get equal pay because they're bad at salary negotiation. Also, companies want someone who will work, not be out on paid maternity leave and then decide they need more work/life balance when they return.

by Anonymousreply 85April 29, 2019 6:09 PM

R79, your ignorance betrays you if you are somehow unaware that the reason we spend so much on our military is that after WWII, we signed treaties with Germany and Japan NOT to rebuild up their militaries, and in return we promised to cover them if bad guys came a-knockin.โ€™ Thatโ€™s the only reason we give a ratโ€™s ass about South Korea, which most Americans couldnโ€™t pick out on a map if their life depended on it.

The end result of these treaties was eighty years of peace in Europe, Japan not trying to take over the world, and a prosperous twentieth century without nuclear war. The USSR, and then Russia, knew if they attacked our allies it would be WWIII with nuclear weapons and it wasnโ€™t worth it. So they consoled themselves with a Cold War, not a radioactive one. Everybody got to live happily ever after and that was the price.

It wasnโ€™t cheap. Europe and Japan were heavily damaged by war and they used the saved money to build themselves back up. We became the leaders of the free world, because we EARNED the right to have a say, by covering the asses of countries with massive war debt and craters where their cities used to be. Win-win.

Now itโ€™s years later, the countries are all recovered and they donโ€™t need our help. But they still consider us world leaders. Why? Because until Trump, we had moral authority with them because we earned it. Now we have Trump and thatโ€™s all out the window.

One solution is probably to SLOWLY disengage over decades from covering them militarily. Let them slowly take over. It canโ€™t be done in a day. When that happens we will lose our standing around the world and Russia and China will take over our standing as a protection racket, making Democratic countries beholden to them instead and endangering democracy around the world. Which will endanger us.

Our withdrawing from world affairs means Russiaโ€™s aggression will help them invade other countries, with no U.S. as a deterrent. Thatโ€™s why Putin is attacking our elections, he wants a weakling in the White House destroying us from within so he can attack and eventually occupy or subdue Europe. China wants Africa and its minerals and oil.

So whatโ€™s the answer? Continue in a strong position with our allies, but get a clever leader who re-negotiates to provide security for other states. But make them pay for it in some form. Maybe not money but trade. Make new treaties that completely remodel the future, putting allies with equal footing with ourselves. But honestly, doing this right in the middle of Putin acting like heโ€™s ready to invade Poland is not really the best time. Heโ€™s ready to pounce. Trump is the proof of that. Thatโ€™s why heโ€™s there.

Want to solve this? Get did of Putin. Heโ€™s destabilizing the planet. China can be worked with. Especially after they see Putin go.

by Anonymousreply 86April 29, 2019 6:11 PM

LOL R51.

by Anonymousreply 87April 29, 2019 6:13 PM

Trump has shit in his ass, fuck that nigga.

by Anonymousreply 88April 29, 2019 6:14 PM

R83, according to polling Biden is doing well with POC.

by Anonymousreply 89April 29, 2019 6:14 PM

Germany and Japan, R86? Seriously?

We spend a TRILLION a year on defense. Get serious. Furthermore while NATO countries do indeed benefit obscenely from the largesse of the American millitary industrial complex), they are not without encumbrances.

Try again.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2018/07/10/defense-expenditure-of-nato-members-visualized-infographic/#22df37014cff

by Anonymousreply 90April 29, 2019 6:17 PM

Countries in Europe do not have the population and GDP we have and they never will. Thatโ€™s why they formed the EU. Brexit was influenced by Russian propaganda and I wouldnโ€™t be surprised if Putin changed the vote. He did in other European countries with success. Heโ€™s picking them off one by one. Divide and conquer.

Heโ€™s Hitler. Donโ€™t underestimate him.

by Anonymousreply 91April 29, 2019 6:22 PM

Actually, r90, r86 is sort of correct. It's not only Germany, Japan and NATO, but we also have protection agreements with Australia and South Korea. We also have the largest shoreline to protect. I'm not saying there's not a lot that can't be cut out of the military budget, but I don't think people appreciate what we need to protect either. Also, 25% of our budget goes to salary, lodging etc.

by Anonymousreply 92April 29, 2019 6:23 PM

here's the deal: Germany, France, Canada and Japan have signed a new defense pact. The US has been neutered by Putin. Yell all you want about NATO. We are sort of irrelevant on the world stage. R91 is 100% correct.

by Anonymousreply 93April 29, 2019 6:25 PM

There was a Politico article in either January or February that said world leaders were encouraging Biden to enter the race because of all the damage Trump has done overseas. DL scoffs at him, but Biden is well respected for his foreign policy experience.

by Anonymousreply 94April 29, 2019 6:29 PM

[quote]Joe Biden still has to energize the black vote. If he doesn't, hello Trump for four more years. Black media has been pulling out all of joe's past going back to the early 70s when he sided with southern segregationist over civil rights leaders on certain bills.

That's another problem. There is always some faction of the Dem party that wants a candidate to go on the great defensive. Nothing like a great apology rally to get people fired up. I can't stand Sanders, but at least he doesn't give in to that shit.

by Anonymousreply 95April 29, 2019 6:32 PM

The other candidates are going to bring up bidens past during the debates. Its going to be front and center.

He's still going to have to answer for the clinton crime bill and his early voting record in the 70s. Their going to dredge all of that back up.

by Anonymousreply 96April 29, 2019 6:33 PM

If blacks continue to say itโ€™s Kamala or nothing, and itโ€™s not Kamala, theyโ€™re sidelining their influence.

If they donโ€™t feel like turning out for the nominee, the end result is some white candidate is going to be forced to pull hard for white voters. Latinos have poor turnout. So do young people.

The worst case scenario will be the battle of both parties trying to get old white people, which doesnโ€™t help blacks in any way. Minorities who say, itโ€™s my person or nobody, will find themselves disregarded by Election Day. Thatโ€™s a horrible precedent to set for next time.

by Anonymousreply 97April 29, 2019 6:39 PM

Biden's strongest support is with older people and minorities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 29, 2019 6:47 PM

Uncle Joe's family gathering would be like a scene from Wife Swap.

But whatever it takes for the Dems to win back the White House, I really couldn't care less if it's by hook or by crook.

by Anonymousreply 99April 29, 2019 6:51 PM

Biden is definitely not my first choice. His VP will be very important because supposedly he will only run for one term. Which makes it much more likely the Republicans will take over again after only four years. Thatโ€™s not long enough to clean up the mess theyโ€™re making now.

The VP has to be somebody that could be ready to go at any time, even in Joeโ€™s first term. But young enough to run two terms after him if he makes it through the first term, and likable. Then they have to spend four years making themselves admired and loved. Nice family, no dirt.

But I will vote for Joe if I have to. He looks like the compromise candidate nobody is in love with but everybody can deal with.

by Anonymousreply 100April 29, 2019 6:54 PM

overall so far I think the media has given Biden much more coverage than other dems that have announced and generally it has all been favorable. There have been a few online sites that have been pretty negative on Biden and have gone into depth about hwo shady he really is. This isnt surprising however as in general corporate media wants a conservative person elected that wont rock the boat at all. Biden is their guy just like Hillary was. I suspect however Biden wont draw crowds and his campaign will fizzle. He can have all the backing by the powerful he wants but if he cant draw crowds and young people especially it will be another 4 for Trump. What remains to be seen is if the democratic party machine can somehow rig the primary bidens way like they did for Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 101April 29, 2019 7:00 PM

OP is a troll.

He's even responding to himself at R1.

[quote]It's his turn, OP.

Also OP:

-- Group of white nationalists interrupt author during discussion at Politics and Prose bookstore

[quote][bold]This may have been a stunt set up by that bookstore to get publicity, using actors.[/bold]

- Mueller Delivers Report

[quote]Well some people like Rachel --and the guy who calls everyone "Boris" --never gave up hope.

[quote][bold]Should there be consequences for those who've been ginning up this anti-Russian hysteria for years now, when it proves to be a nothing burger?[/bold]

[quote]There should be [R192]. I think [bold]Maddow will pay dearly for her role in this.[/bold]

[quote]But [R302][bold] outside of a couple coastal bubbles I don't think most Americans care about this. [/bold]And at the end of the day it's all about the will of the American people.

[quote]I feel bad for Mueller, having to become the patron saint of wackos like Maddow for so long. I'm sure he never wanted any of this.

[quote][bold]If a blue state like New York goes after Trump, how well is that going to play out in the middle of the country?[/bold]

[quote]I hate to add more bad news, but it sounds like the SPLC is in MAJOR trouble. Given that so many liberals tithe to SPLC this cannot be good optics.

[quote]This report should be Rachel's "Geraldo moment" where the vault is opened and nothing is inside. She's spent years pimping this out instead of doing real journalism. Those tears were for herself and her career.

[quote]She has a lot to answer for [R508]. Sadly her viewers seem seem to crave the pablum she spoons out.

-- The demand for Trump's tax returns

[quote][bold]I don't get it. From what I understand there's no law that a president must show tax returns?[/bold]

- Is Beto over before he even got started?

mmmmm

-- Leen Dweik: Idiot at NYU who berated Chelsea Clinton

[quote]Most of you have your heads so far up HRC's butt that you can't see that she is a war criminal. It is because of the likes of you that Trump won. Chelsea Clinton is part of the elite and shares in the spoils. And instead you take on a brave young woman because she chose to face the orthodoxy.

by Anonymousreply 102April 29, 2019 7:01 PM

OP is responding to himself, just not at R1. Sorry R1. You're not OP.

[quote] It's his turn, OP.

by Anonymousreply 103April 29, 2019 7:02 PM

My Facebook feed for the past few days have been screeds from young political activist types about how awful Biden is. I personally would be fine with anyone being President other than Trump, but I really think that if Biden is the nominee and these people do not feel that the contest was fair that the Berniebro/Hillarybot kerfuffle of 2016 is going to look peaceful.

by Anonymousreply 104April 29, 2019 7:04 PM

R82 First off, I'm a millennial, and my friend group is 25-35, so you don't really need to educate me about young people. Many of us millennials are approaching our mid-and-late thirties, and we don't all think alike. Even within generations there are divides. The gulf between the 25 year olds and the 35 year olds I know is quite dramatic.

I was not making the claim that people will decide on a candidate based on appearance; I was responding to your health evaluation of the various candidates. Very few people are going to look at Bernie's exercise habits. They're going to see that he's decrepit and looks senile and assess his health based on that. He looks half dead for fuck sakes! Let some younger person take up his progressive policies.

by Anonymousreply 105April 29, 2019 7:06 PM

It seems Mayor Pete has a media powerhouse behind him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 29, 2019 7:08 PM

DL is always going to be DL. They'll turn Biden into Zhillary 2.0, then yell bitterly at all the -isms responsible for his "unforeseeable" loss.

It started about a month ago, when DL was praising Beto, wondering how he would run against Ztrump's wall. That's over, so there was the brief affair with Mayor Pete. Joe just announced. So in about 6 more weeks, it'll be on to the next flavor of the month.

But actually, thoughtfully selecting a candidate to get behind because he or she would be the best president for the majorityof the people? That is something DL's lizard brain cannot wrap itself around.

by Anonymousreply 107April 29, 2019 7:09 PM

[quote]If blacks continue to say itโ€™s Kamala or nothing, and itโ€™s not Kamala, theyโ€™re sidelining their influence.

WHO in the world is saying such things? You know... It must be those Black Republicans... and they have issues anyway. Kamala is well liked but she still has an uphill battle as far as Blacks are concerned. The Black community is still with the MALE being the head and the woman his help-mate. The Black church teaches women, (as of now), that women should be subservient to men. All of these empowered Black women are not as welcomed as you might think among the preachers, elders, and deacons. Of course, 10% of their six figure (or more) earnings is greatly appreciated. Praise the Lord!

by Anonymousreply 108April 29, 2019 7:09 PM

And R105? Your remarks on Bernie looking decrepit reveal you to be idiotic. I am guessing 21. Tops.

You'll learn. But it promises to be a slow uphill slog.

by Anonymousreply 109April 29, 2019 7:12 PM

And, THANK YOU R81! That's what I'm talking about. I'm not asking for the moon. But, somehow Bernie and his people had better get that out--and, don't you dare say to me; "Just go and read the web site." That will be the "Hillary Clinton" syndrome. She had EVERYTHING (and in wonderful detail too!) on her web site. And???

Bernie just spoke at this women of color rave. The sisters did not like his responses and they made it quite known! "Don't try to up your creds by dropping MLK's name, and this one and that one! TELL US WHAT DID YOU DO???"

by Anonymousreply 110April 29, 2019 7:19 PM

My other concern about Joe is that he has foot in mouth disease.

If he says something that really offends blacks, minorities or our allies, his running mate will have to run with that albatross tied around their neck in 2024, which is unfair and could sink them no matter how good they are.

I can see some McTurtle-esque Republican saying in 2022, โ€œJoe said that stupid thing about blacks! Oh, how horrible!โ€ Meanwhile, the speaker will be practically be wearing a white hood themselves while theyโ€™re saying it. And people will fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 111April 29, 2019 7:25 PM

[quote]I can see some McTurtle-esque Republican saying in 2022, โ€œJoe said that stupid thing about blacks! Oh, how horrible!โ€ Meanwhile, the speaker will be practically be wearing a white hood themselves while theyโ€™re saying it.

I don't understand how you're even giving this any concern given this thing in the White House and ALL that Republicans have done.

You know what I'm sick and tired of too? I'm tired of it being expected/demanded by Republicans and everyone else that Democrats must always play fair and do the right thing. I'm SICK of it! Democrats should throw all of the crap that Republicans have done right back in their faces. When Republicans whine and complain, Democrats just need to look them straight in their faces and say "fuck you", then keep on moving.

by Anonymousreply 112April 29, 2019 7:35 PM

R112. Because low information voters listen to that and believe it. Negative ads work. People basically didnโ€™t vote for Hillary because they hated her. They didnโ€™t even know why in most cases.

R198, look at twitter. The people in question are at least presenting themselves as Democrats, but who knows. They are very aggressively bashing other candidates, especially white, saying things like, โ€œI will never vote for that white man,โ€ and saying blatantly that they want a black candidate and the nominee has to be Kamala or Booker. Nobody else will do. Itโ€™s mostly women and I think theyโ€™re mostly young. They didnโ€™t seem to get the concept that Booker hadnโ€™t got a chance in hell at this point.

Maybe those young women are rising up against the patriarchy, but taking the black vote out of the equation in the Democratic Party basically leaves black voters with no place to go. And candidates with no place to go but ignore them. What else can they do? You canโ€™t win with people that refuse to vote for anybody of your skin color no matter who it is.

Sometimes when I see comments like this I look at the date the account was created. A lot of political accounts were created in January. But the accounts I saw had been around for years and seemed legit.

by Anonymousreply 113April 29, 2019 7:39 PM

No R112. You will not just piss off republicans wuth tghat attitude, you will piss off the helpless, frustrated little guys who held their noses while they voted for Trump.

The one thing Democrats have taken to doing is acting like they know best for the world and fuck everybody who doesn't agree. And they never see how entitled and obnoxious that is.

Bernie gets that. Beto (I was born to be in it) O'Rourke is a prime example, as is "Pete (There are people who see the recovery and are still living as though it never happened) Buttigieg. They have completely lost any understanding of what it means to be a minimum wage worker in this country, losing sight of the fact that 67% of the workers in this country are exactly that.

by Anonymousreply 114April 29, 2019 7:40 PM

[quote]The one thing Democrats have taken to doing is acting like they know best for the world and fuck everybody who doesn't agree. And they never see how entitled and obnoxious that is.

Well, we're right! Just look at all of the mess that is being unnecessarily created.

by Anonymousreply 115April 29, 2019 7:43 PM

R114, I donโ€™t see why Peteโ€™s remark is bad. Heโ€™s referring to his experience in South Bend. A lot of jobs have been created there since the Great Recession, (11% unemployment vs less than 4%), but thereโ€™s still a lot of poverty there and the rising tide has not lifted all boats. Some people are still working very low paid jobs and all the increased employment hasnโ€™t helped them at all. Their average wage is very low. So heโ€™s dealing with issues of the chronic poor.

That experience seems helpful to me.

by Anonymousreply 116April 29, 2019 7:45 PM

R102, stop quoting everything a troll says.

We put them on ignore for a reason. When you spam threads with what they've said, you're doing the troll's work for them. Just point out that they're replying to themselves and move on.

Unless you're TRYING to troll, in which case, well done.

by Anonymousreply 117April 29, 2019 7:49 PM

[quote]look at twitter. The people in question are at least presenting themselves as Democrats, but who knows. They are very aggressively bashing other candidates, especially white, saying things like, โ€œI will never vote for that white man,โ€ and saying blatantly that they want a black candidate and the nominee has to be Kamala or Booker. Nobody else will do. Itโ€™s mostly women and I think theyโ€™re mostly young.

You mean they're mostly trolls or disaffected young people who you are falsely believing are more influential and more numerous than actual polls suggest.

Pull yourself together, man. Stop acting like people you see on Twitter are real while polls are fake. A search of some of the phrases you mentioned brings up obvious shill, troll, and fake liberal accounts.

We all have to be a LOT smarter this election. You have to stop being so gullible about what you see online, not just on DL but on every social media platform. Don't take everything you see at face value immediately.

by Anonymousreply 118April 29, 2019 7:53 PM

R118, I did express skepticism about who they are, but they can still be influencers. The last thing we need is a bunch of black young people buying it. Which they seemed to be doing when I looked at the replies. A lot of agreement from other posters.

Same thing happened on Facebook last time. A few trolls that ended up followed by millions.

by Anonymousreply 119April 29, 2019 7:56 PM

Social media is not a good barometer of the rest of the country. Neither are most cable news pundits.

by Anonymousreply 120April 29, 2019 7:58 PM

[quote] For once, could we discuss this strategically without uninformed bullshit about your feelings?

Not a chance. The retards get too big a kick out of calling "Boris" on anybody who doesn't march in lockstep with them.

by Anonymousreply 121April 29, 2019 8:00 PM

[quote]The last thing we need is a bunch of black young people buying it. Which they seemed to be doing when I looked at the replies. A lot of agreement from other posters.

That's that Candace Owen, TPUSA mess. You really only put so much "whatever" in the internet. The Republicans own it! If it's Russia, they have the blessings of the Republicans.

That negress, Bryan Tatum, and I forgot who is the Black gay Republican that they have, are all puppets of the right-wing machine. Black folks are not paying them any mind. That's why Trump's approval ratings among Black folk have gone nowhere but down.

by Anonymousreply 122April 29, 2019 8:03 PM

R115? "Well, we're right! Just look at all of the mess that is being unnecessarily created. " An there it is.

R116? " I donโ€™t see why Peteโ€™s remark is bad. " And there it is.

This is rank elitism and unless we all start seeing value in all kinds of people, Trumps will come one after the other. NO ONE likes feeling condescended to. No one. And asking 75% of the population to support arrogant pricks who claim to know what is best for them? It's not going to happen.

DL? I challenge you to watch this video through to the point where this West Virginia Millenial finishes his opinion. THEN Tell me how right you/we are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 29, 2019 8:04 PM

That's observational bias, R119. I follow several black people and none hate Biden and love Kamala. Some like Biden, several like Pete. That doesn't mean anything about the actual voting demographic or their preference, it just means we've seen a specific section of that demographic -- MAYBE -- online.

by Anonymousreply 124April 29, 2019 8:05 PM

[quote]This is rank elitism and unless we all start seeing value in all kinds of people, Trumps will come one after the other. NO ONE likes feeling condescended to. No one. And asking 75% of the population to support arrogant pricks who claim to know what is best for them?

I'm sorry, but if you're stupid, you're stupid. I can't worry about placating feelings. Call me whatever you would like but my patience and nerves cannot take stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 125April 29, 2019 8:08 PM

Well how sad for you, R125. You will miss a lot in your life.

by Anonymousreply 126April 29, 2019 8:10 PM

Biden has always seemed like sort of a doofus to me. However, at this point, I'd vote for a three -legged billy goat with herpes if it will get the citrus over-lord out of office.

by Anonymousreply 127April 29, 2019 8:10 PM

R123, I canโ€™t even imagine why you are offended by someone saying some people are unaffected by the recovery, or how thatโ€™s elitist. They are. You sound like a troll to me.

About another issue, there are a lot of accounts on twitter with black avatars calling Pete B. a racist. I donโ€™t even know why. Then others post responses saying theyโ€™ll never vote for him because heโ€™s a racist.

Then look at the very few blacks attending Pete rallies. When I saw that angry looking black woman at the last Pete Town Hall, I knew she was going to be enraged about the black police chief being fired before she ever spoke. Thereโ€™s a whole thing on social media about that, itโ€™s very slanted and fact free. It completely leaves out any details about why he was fired. The impression the uninformed get is, โ€œPete hates blacks so he fired the black police chief.โ€ Nothing about what the guy did or that Pete hired him in the first place. Theyโ€™re portraying Pete as some 21st century Bull Connor, which is ridiculous and totally out of character.

Itโ€™s so stupid I canโ€™t believe people are just blindly accepting it, but they are. I think itโ€™s affecting turnout at Peteโ€™s events so it is having an effect.

by Anonymousreply 128April 29, 2019 8:11 PM

If Biden is going on an 18-month 40-year career apology tour, he should quit now.

by Anonymousreply 129April 29, 2019 8:12 PM

R127, please watch the video. Just voting against Trump is what Hillary counted on. There are not enough elites to counter the numbers of the impoverished blue-collar working class.

"Braying Jack ass Yankee who should have had his ass whupped long ago." That is their opinion of the orange guy. Please listen. It is worth it. Aand explains the issues of classism better than I could.

by Anonymousreply 130April 29, 2019 8:13 PM

Liz Warren is a snoozefest. She has very little charisma. Bernie,Mayor Pete and Uncle Joe have tons of it. Forget Robert O he has style but seriously substance.

by Anonymousreply 131April 29, 2019 8:14 PM

Some fucker is accusing Pete of sexually assaulting him, his twitter is very suspect and he's pro Trump on FB. Pete really is the best candidate and they want to ruin him, it's very saddening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 29, 2019 8:15 PM

This might backfire. Some of these are trolls that donโ€™t check facts and donโ€™t know where the person actually was at the time.

The last one was about Mueller attacking somebody at work, when he was on jury duty.

by Anonymousreply 133April 29, 2019 8:17 PM

Warren is like a studious schoolmarm. She has zero chance of winning.

by Anonymousreply 134April 29, 2019 8:18 PM

R8 I won't vote for a Stacey Abrams VP choice either. She's a loser like Robert O'Rourke. Winning is more important than playing identity politics. Joe and Pete give us a fighting chance.

by Anonymousreply 135April 29, 2019 8:19 PM

Pete Buttigieg is just another neoliberal empty suit.

Let's summarize: Harvard and Rhodes scholar. Speaks French. Has regentrified much of South Bend.

However, his initiatives were found to be horribly anti-poor people, anti-POC, with the almost 2000 empty buildings in South Bend being condemned for demolition, which he then billed to the owners who could not afford to repair the buildings or to tear them down. When he became aware of this issue only after the buildings were taken from these impoverished people, and spokespeople brought this to his attention, he found grant money from the government to help a small number of those owners, but the vast majority of them were left high and dry and bitter. His fix for his bad idea was too little, too late.

The overall improvement in South Bend employment was not 4%, it was 0.4% and comes entirely outside the Black community. The Black community is fond of saying "We never seen him."

If DL thinks he is the best candidate out there, they are allowing themselves to be blinded by his homosexuality, rather than his performance as a governing politician.

But hey, maybe I am missing something. What is it exactly that makes him the best candidate out there?

by Anonymousreply 136April 29, 2019 8:24 PM

Do you want to be WOKE? Or do you want to WIN?

Go ahead and vote from some ultra, left candidate but not come crying when middle America puts Trump back into the White House for another 4 years. There is no way they are going to vote for a black, female, Hispanic, trans, lesbian who thinks climate change is more important than their pocket book. Biden can win and get those people in the middle. AND he is also progressive, don't forget he pushed Obama into the pro gay marriage side of argument before he was even ready to do so.

by Anonymousreply 137April 29, 2019 8:26 PM

I don't care about identity politics! I care about populism! Helping the little guy! And that is the ONLY thing that will defeat Trump. I can guarantee you, Buttigieg is only running because the DNC needs all the bodies they can get to keep a progressive from getting a majority on the first ballot.

You, R137, needs to have the scales fall from his eyes, not me.

by Anonymousreply 138April 29, 2019 8:29 PM

[quote]Warren is like a studious schoolmarm. She has zero chance of winning.

Yes, that would be terrible if America voted in a people for their knowledge and ability to make positive change for the middle class instead of their "winning personality"

It's not a fucking beauty contest Dear.

by Anonymousreply 139April 29, 2019 8:29 PM

I dont need a thing R138, Biden is top of the tick by the most recent polls.

by Anonymousreply 140April 29, 2019 8:32 PM

Watching his first event now.

Seems a little slower than usual. Searching for words. I donโ€™t care if the president is 102 years old, as long as they are good at the job. Joe is my first pick. I donโ€™t want to admit Iโ€™m a little uneasy. He does seem older than he was in 2016, and I donโ€™t just mean physically. He seems tired.

by Anonymousreply 141April 29, 2019 8:34 PM

Miss Kelly at R132's link couldn't get raped if she was a prisoner in "OZ".

by Anonymousreply 142April 29, 2019 8:34 PM

R139, you must not be American or know anything about our politics

by Anonymousreply 143April 29, 2019 8:51 PM

As an alternative to spring chickens such as Mr. Biden and Mr. Sanders, I will declare my candidacy if Mr Kirk Douglas agrees to be on my Ticket

by Anonymousreply 144April 29, 2019 8:55 PM

Al Sharpton told Pete Buttigieg he was the only candidate this cycle to take the train to meet him in Harlem and the only candidate to say a blessing over his food before eating.

by Anonymousreply 145April 29, 2019 9:09 PM

Ah-huh R145. That'llhave a huge impact on the DLers.

And you, R140, apparently still believe in polls. The same polls that told Hillarry she had a 99% chance of winning?

by Anonymousreply 146April 29, 2019 9:12 PM

[quote][R102], stop quoting everything a troll says.

[quote]We put them on ignore for a reason. When you spam threads with what they've said, you're doing the troll's work for them. Just point out that they're replying to themselves and move on.

[quote]Unless you're TRYING to troll, in which case, well done.

I will not stop quoting trolls when I spot them.

Anything else?

by Anonymousreply 147April 29, 2019 9:13 PM

Our Pete needs to stay clear off Al "Tawana" Sharpton.

by Anonymousreply 148April 29, 2019 9:20 PM

r147 won't give it up. He gets WAY too big a rush at being a one man Stasi. FEAR HIM !

by Anonymousreply 149April 29, 2019 9:23 PM

An ABC poll came out today that showed a majority of Americans refuse to vote for Trump in 2020. So, if we get our voters to the polls, we will win.

The good news is that we had no problem at all getting our voters to the polls in 2018 for a midterm.

by Anonymousreply 150April 29, 2019 9:27 PM

[quote]Ah-huh [R145]. That'llhave a huge impact on the DLers.

But'll move First Lady Bird, whose eye is looking a bit askew at her oldest son because she suspects, BUT he's a good boy, and she might slip and vote for Mayor Pete without telling Rev...

She'll also drop hints at the Missionary's meetings and the Sisters will have discussion as they travel to visit the sick & shut-in. And, we mustn't forget the spiritual tea meetings along with those conversations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151April 29, 2019 9:32 PM

Hereโ€™s a graph of the unemployment rate in South Bend, Indiana. For further reference, the crash started in about late October-November 2008 - January 2009, right before Obama was elected. Pete got elected January 1, 2012.

On the date he was elected, the unemployment rate was 9.6%. As of February 2019 it was 3.8%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 29, 2019 10:16 PM

Table 1 displays changes in state unemployment rates by race and ethnicity from the fourth quarter of 2007โ€”the last quarter before the Great Recessionโ€”to the second quarter of 2018.

Table 1 decrease in unemployment for Indiana 2007-2018:

Whites -1.2

Blacks -7.7

African American unemployment rate estimates are available for 23 states and the District of Columbia. For the second consecutive quarter, among states, the unemployment rate for African Americans was lowest in Indiana (3.7 percent)

As shown in Table 2, which displays the blackโ€“white and Hispanicโ€“white unemployment rate ratios in the second quarter of 2018, Indiana had the smallest blackโ€“white rate gaps of the 23 states and the District of Columbia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153April 29, 2019 10:23 PM

Continued from R153.

โ€œThe black unemployment rate in the second quarter of 2018 was at or below its pre-recession level in 17 states: Arkansas, California, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.โ€

by Anonymousreply 154April 29, 2019 10:28 PM

Joe's hair looks like Johnny Bravo's in OP's photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155April 29, 2019 10:37 PM

He seemed to do well in Pittsburgh today.

by Anonymousreply 156April 29, 2019 10:42 PM

Beto is showing off chest hair on Chris Hayes right now

by Anonymousreply 157April 30, 2019 12:54 AM

"Joe & Mika were pushing for Joe to run..."

Mika doesn't fucking push anything, she only copies what Joe tells her to 90% of the time because she's an airhead...her role should be news reading, that she can do. Her rants are gibberish and embarrassing stupidity. When she starts talking for more than 15 seconds, I turn the channel. Sorry if this has been said before, I only say it because Mika is a fucking stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 158April 30, 2019 1:13 AM

[QUOTE] Do I want someone as president who feels aristocratic somehow?" Because i remain convinced that is a good part of why DL found Hillary appealing: she was, forgive me for the word choice, patrician.

Yeah, DLers putting on airs as usual. The "draining pasta is so middle class" queens eagerly voted for her.

by Anonymousreply 159April 30, 2019 1:16 AM

I just have concerns about Biden. He's so old. Even if they run him with a woke VP, voters aren't going to buy a pig in a poke.

by Anonymousreply 160April 30, 2019 1:26 AM

SUPERMAJORITY!

Well... this is gonna scare the hell out of the Republicans...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161April 30, 2019 1:36 AM

If Biden is handed the nomination, it makes a mockery of the whole process and will turn off a lot of people who supported other candidates and believed they actually had a chance.

by Anonymousreply 162April 30, 2019 1:43 AM

Somebody always loses, r162. In this case there will be 19 of them.

by Anonymousreply 163April 30, 2019 2:57 AM

Losing fair and square is not the same as losing because the fix is in. Don't need a repeat of the 2016 Democratic race. That left a lot of bad feelings.

by Anonymousreply 164April 30, 2019 6:26 AM

R145 is supposed to be a good thing?

Like our politicians, don't we need some fresh leadership?

by Anonymousreply 165April 30, 2019 6:31 AM

Nobody has won or lost yet BernieBro @ r164, so no need to lose your shit when the debates haven't even happened.

Bernie lost fair and square in 2016. He did well in caucuses becuase his constituents had the time. Otherwise, Clinton did better in the open elections. So, no babe, there wasn't any fix.

by Anonymousreply 166April 30, 2019 12:09 PM

The Bernie Bros were so intimidating at my stateโ€™s caucus, a lot of elderly people wouldnโ€™t go in my state. Word got out. One elderly volunteer said BernieBros were wearing Bernie shirts and harassing her. Then the caucuses themselves took hours, and many old people canโ€™t do that. It was like somebody decided only the young and fit were allowed to vote. A lot of old people heard that and stayed home.

So I understand why Bernie did so well at caucuses and wants more of them. After hearing some bad stories, I didnโ€™t go either, and I badly wanted to vote. They even covered it on the news.

My frail elderly neighbor wouldnโ€™t go. My disabled relative that I usually take voting couldnโ€™t stay that long, she is too ill to go through some marathon of physical exertion to vote. Although she never misses a vote, she refused to go because she knew she couldnโ€™t endure it.

The next day there were comments on the news on the surprisingly low elderly turnout. Thereโ€™s a lot of elderly retired people here.

Intimidating people to not vote isn't winning. So itโ€™s not surprising that in races where anybody could vote, he lost.

by Anonymousreply 167April 30, 2019 12:37 PM

The fix was in for Hillary because more than 600 superdelegates pledged to her before the first primary vote was ever cast. That is the point of all of this.

In order to have even the slimmest chance at a democratically elected candidate, there has to be a clear winner in the primaries. And caucuses, as the case may be. The DNC is throwing everybody AND the kitchen sink into this race to make sure that does not happen.

Only idiotic DL queens who are drawn to goofy-looking nerdy mayors from flyover states (formerly considered by DL to be the very fiery pits of hell!) or dowdy ol' bags from the ladies who lunch crowd, would fail to see this. Can't stand Orangina king? This is NOT the way to vote him out. Be purist about how righteous you are some other time. In the mean time, find common ground with the Blue Collar class and work TOGETHER to put up a candidate who can achieve broad support.

It is the only way.

by Anonymousreply 168April 30, 2019 4:34 PM

R168, if Bernie did better in the primaries those super delegates wouldn't have mattered. Most would have switched sides. Besides the rules have changed since then and you're still bitching.

Get over it. Bernie lost the primaries. By a lot.

by Anonymousreply 169April 30, 2019 4:38 PM

Which leads me to ask a question, R167; How does (or will) the Bernie Sanders campaign maintain and ensure the ethics and integrity of that campaign? It seems as if, (exampled by you and the nastiness of R168), that there are those willing to do whatever is necessary to win. That might include taking help from Russians, or worse yet, the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 170April 30, 2019 5:01 PM

R169, think about what you are saying. There were approximately 650 superdelegates and approximately 2500 regular delegates. For what you are saying to be acceptable, Hillary too would have had to have enough fairly won delegates to beat Bernie if HE had had a gift of an unstoppable majority conferred on him. The system is rigged and the riggers are trying to do it again. Defying the will of the majority.

by Anonymousreply 171April 30, 2019 5:21 PM

R170, for god's sake, READ something. Russians? Republicans?

Have you read even one of John Podesta's emails? The ones exposed because he got sucked in by a phishing scam and revealed in wikileaks? No of course you haven't because you prefer to go by what you heard, what you are told.

There were no Russians. No republican interference. Hillary colected 1.2 BILLIO bucks from a lot of really pissed off donors, including the Saudis. Yes, the SAUDIS. All of whom were demanding to know how she fucked up so royally. So she starts casting about for villains to blame it on, to be victims of, and et voila! The Russians. The whole world is stunned at the stupidity of this and yet it persists.

Because idiotic datalounge queens REFUSE TO READ!!!.

by Anonymousreply 172April 30, 2019 5:26 PM

I'll vote for him reluctantly if he gets the nom, but he's my least favorite [D] option.

by Anonymousreply 173April 30, 2019 5:28 PM

[quote][R169], think about what you are saying. There were approximately 650 superdelegates and approximately 2500 regular delegates. For what you are saying to be acceptable, Hillary too would have had to have enough fairly won delegates to beat Bernie if HE had had a gift of an unstoppable majority conferred on him. The system is rigged and the riggers are trying to do it again. Defying the will of the majority.

You know, if Sanders got closer in popular vote I'd say you have a case. But he was so, so, so far behind in votes there was no way he was going to win. Democratic voters did not want him in 2016. Democrats still don't particularly want him, but will vote for him if he wins the nomination.

You were not wronged. He was not wronged. Time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 174April 30, 2019 5:28 PM

[quote]DL is always going to be DL. They'll turn Biden into Zhillary 2.0, then yell bitterly at all the -isms responsible for his "unforeseeable" loss.

And to add, your conspiracy, anger fueled rants would not bother me, but we all know you threw your vote away in 2016. And as far as you are concerned, sticking it to those who wronged you and Sanders was worth losing the Supreme Court.

It doesn't get more myopic than that.

by Anonymousreply 175April 30, 2019 5:32 PM

Nobody is more intimidating than Ron Paul supporters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 30, 2019 5:42 PM

Biden is talking policy! Reverse Trump tax cuts; get rid of loop holes and there will be money for free community colleges; build on ObamaCare and offer a public option

by Anonymousreply 177April 30, 2019 5:43 PM

No, R174, i did not throw my vote away. I voted the Progressive candidate. The idiots who voted for Hillsy while she spent her time at $344,000/plate dinners are the idiots who lost, and wasted their votes.

I don't know where you get the fiction that Bernie lost the nomination by a wide margin. Hillary herself would disagree, wondering at the time, why she could not seem to "put him away", all the way till the convention, when she shut off the mikes and turned out the lights on the progressive wing.

Sore losers? No. We didn't lose, Hillary cheated and then she fucked up. She picked Trump in the cynical belief that no one could hate her so much that they would vote for him. Guess she underestimated the hatred.

Every poll then and now, shows Bernie to be the singlemost popular politician in America. Your darling buttigieg comes in third. Biden, the smarmiest sexual harrasser since bill, comes in second (first only if MSNBC and others inflate his polling percentages. Once again, try READING something.).

So DL, you can go the way of the dinosaur, consuming neoliberal superficial bullshit till only the power of a meteor can blast you from your rigour mortised nests, or you can try to evolve into something that can transform the planet, generating a legacy beyond fetid stinking fossil fuel.

by Anonymousreply 178April 30, 2019 5:45 PM

I can hear the retorts, so let me point out: 1. When battling Obama for the nomination in 2008, she carried on her primary challenge just as likely ng as Bernie did, despite having a far less decisive series of victories in her column. Obama had the nomination sewn up (even without superdelegates) and she persisted. Defined sore losers. 2. When comparing voters who supported the party candidate in the general election, approximately twice the percentage of Bernie voters voted for her as compared to Hillary supporters who voted for Obama. 3. The loss of the blue wall was due to the AA population who did not come out to vote in Detroit, in Milwaukee, in Pittsburg. One possibility is they hated Hillary. More to the point, they had Barack Obama, neoliberal turncoat extraordinaire, fuck them over. Why vote for Hillary?

Bernie would have won handily.

You can thank hillary, and no one else, for the Orange in chief.

by Anonymousreply 179April 30, 2019 5:52 PM

And, you know what else bothers me about Sanders and his Sanderettes? I would have thought that the energy his candidacy generated and inspired would have brought others like him out to run for office. Nina Turner is such a disappointment for me. She was an AOC before AOC! Her fierce fiestiness is what's needed in Washington. She was a force while she was there. I wonder why she hasn't gone back?

by Anonymousreply 180April 30, 2019 5:56 PM

BernieBro in this thread: your head must have exploded after the Biden bump in the polls in the last two days. That is if you aren't trying to explain them away (DNC interference, rigged polls, whatever). Biden is going to clean up with POC, in particular black voters. I don't like Biden, but I will enjoy seeing Bernie lose again.

by Anonymousreply 181April 30, 2019 6:03 PM

I have thought about it, r171. Bernie lost. He lost all on his own. The Daily News transcript was a disaster. He won primarily caucuses. Had he done better in the actual primary then he would have won -- he didn't and he lost by a lot. Even more than the margin between HRC and Trump.

And, here's a question for you...if Bernie was mathematically eliminated earlier in the race as you seem to think then why did he keep fund raising until the bitter end?

by Anonymousreply 182April 30, 2019 6:04 PM

[quote].if Bernie was mathematically eliminated earlier in the race as you seem to think then why did he keep fund raising until the bitter end?

He's a fraud. Or, at the very least, he's gone "Hollywood". There is NO shame in having money and being rich. Yet, BS has trouble talking about it? Maybe, all that he is saying is BS?

by Anonymousreply 183April 30, 2019 6:08 PM

Biden is a Hot Grampy. I'd bite through his diaper.

by Anonymousreply 184April 30, 2019 6:19 PM

That's why I love Biden, r177. Sensible policies. If the individual states want to offer free 4-year college, like NY does now, then fine. I don't think it should be on the federal level. And, a public option is the best course until we can sort out the health care and pharma industries, which make up too big a chunk of our economy to just implode. The only thing I'd like to see from him is student loan reform (not forgiveness).

Not sure why people didn't think he wouldn't pivot to policy. All you people screaming "what about policy" on day one made me laugh. He got everyone's attention with his video.

Bernie has started with the attacks. Same points he used against HRC. I don't think Bern realizes the world has changed in the last two years. Not many people care about a nearly 20-year old vote on Iraq and Trump's trade wars have called attention to the fact that stable trade agreements aren't evil. '

by Anonymousreply 185April 30, 2019 6:21 PM

Mayor Buttigieg made the pilgrimage to Sylvia's of Harlem. And took the subway, to boot.

It's just one of those mandatory things US politicians have to do now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 30, 2019 7:32 PM

If Biden ends up being the nominee, I will vote for him. But, his ties to the financial sector and healthcare don't sit well with me. I wouldn't be casting that vote with the hopes that income inequality will in any way be tackled, for example.

by Anonymousreply 187April 30, 2019 9:09 PM

If it makes you feel any better, Biden will probably hire a combination of experienced hands and young rising stars in his cabinet.

And 90% of his efforts will be undoing everything Trump ever did.

by Anonymousreply 188April 30, 2019 9:11 PM

[quote]So she starts casting about for villains to blame it on, to be victims of, and et voila! The Russians. The whole world is stunned at the stupidity of this and yet it persists.

Actually, the world - like Europe - has seen this Russian playbook play out in their countries for years now.

As much as you want to make it "fake news", it's very real and people in the world know it first hand.

by Anonymousreply 189April 30, 2019 9:54 PM

Biden is a rock star. He's got this in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 190April 30, 2019 10:06 PM

You said it R190.

by Anonymousreply 191April 30, 2019 10:07 PM

On another note, can someone help me? My computer had problems earlier and my IT person wiped out all of my cookies. The threads I follow... my beautiful threads, are gone too. Is there a way that I can retrieve that list?

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 192April 30, 2019 10:21 PM

[quote] Biden is a rock star.

Biden can be called many good things, and a few not so good. But a rock star? c'mon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193April 30, 2019 10:29 PM

Ignore the fixed polls: Nobody black or Latino or young knows who Joe Biden is. He has zero traction with minorities and progressives, the anchors of the current Democratic Coalition, and his nomination will seem like a betrayal.

Besides...did anyone catch yesterday's speech? He was...sleepy. His supposed charisma and connect with Midwest workers is Beltway fiction.

by Anonymousreply 194April 30, 2019 10:33 PM

He is the R194? Is it a troll looking for friends and therefore tries to keep this thread going? Is it a Bernie Bro hysterically screaming and wetting its diaper? Or, is it the Republican machinery at work?

by Anonymousreply 195April 30, 2019 10:36 PM

[quote] Trump and Biden agree on just about everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 30, 2019 10:36 PM

[quote] Nobody black or Latino or young knows who Joe Biden is

Yeah, itโ€™s not like theyโ€™re smart enough to remember the name if the guy who was VP for 8 years. Theyโ€™re like dumb animals

by Anonymousreply 197April 30, 2019 10:38 PM

I am a young black female and I know who Biden is and I want him to be the nominee since others are terrible in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 198April 30, 2019 10:46 PM

[quote] Besides...did anyone catch yesterday's speech?

I didn't look at the speech but just before I saw that post I watched the link on Drudge. Pretty bad for a pro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 30, 2019 11:11 PM

Trumps slurs worse than that.

by Anonymousreply 200April 30, 2019 11:13 PM

Trump sounds high in this interview with Maria Whatsherface on Fox the other day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201April 30, 2019 11:27 PM

If Biden runs a traditional campaign, there's a real chance he could die on the trail considering his very advanced age. He doesn't have the stamina and his family has a history of stroke and brain cancer.

by Anonymousreply 202April 30, 2019 11:49 PM

The media loves to focus on the top 2 or 3 candidates and ignore the rest. Itโ€™s unfair to the voters. But thatโ€™s the inherent laziness of the media.

by Anonymousreply 203April 30, 2019 11:55 PM

Looks like Biden has r69 running scared. The BernieBros said the same thing about HRC.

by Anonymousreply 204May 1, 2019 12:27 AM

[quote]Nobody black .... knows who Joe Biden is.

Thanks for the laugh.

by Anonymousreply 205May 1, 2019 12:37 AM

[QUOTE] Nobody black or Latino or young knows who Joe Biden is.

Anyone of voting age will know who he is, he was Obama's VP.

by Anonymousreply 206May 1, 2019 12:39 AM

If they do choose Biden it would make sense to put a radical progressive VP with him. But they can't do that because there is a very real chance that VP will have to take over as Pres. at some point, and TPTB won't allow that. So they have to pick another cookie cutter neoliberal as VP. But that makes the ticket less appealing. So they're in a real bind if they choose Joe.

by Anonymousreply 207May 1, 2019 12:45 AM

Well, do we know how progressive or not Biden will be? He supports ObamaCare. Is he for Medicare for all? He's for doing something about education. He wants free junior college education. He's supports climate change, etc

What exactly do the "radical" progressives want?

by Anonymousreply 208May 1, 2019 12:48 AM

Biden is as progressive as he needs to be. We don't want to scare off voters with a radical like Pete.

by Anonymousreply 209May 1, 2019 12:53 AM

LOL Pete is far from a radical.

Even Bernie isn't a radical unless you want to call parts of the remaining developed world esp. in Western Europe "radical".

by Anonymousreply 210May 1, 2019 12:56 AM

It's early yet, but Biden has a big-ass bump in the polls. Some people are very upset at how fast Bernie Dandruff's lead disappeared.

And yes, the Green New Deal is radical and at least half the country wants no part of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211May 1, 2019 1:00 AM

Biden supports fixing Obamacare and adding a public option. He also wants to undo the Trump tax cuts and every stupid thing that Trump has done.

by Anonymousreply 212May 1, 2019 1:04 AM

Did Hunter Biden really marry his dead brother's wife? Did his coke use result in the end of his military career? Did Hunter make millions in shady Ukrainian deals?

Those scandals will surface eventually.

by Anonymousreply 213May 1, 2019 1:06 AM

R213, actually Hunter just broke up with the widow. Perfect timing for Daddy's campaign.

Page Six: Hunter Biden splits from brother Beauโ€™s widow Hallie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214May 1, 2019 1:09 AM

No one cares about what Joe's son did, R213. His father is the one running and his father is the one with the best chance of beating Cheetolini.

by Anonymousreply 215May 1, 2019 1:10 AM

[quote]And yes, the Green New Deal is radical

Roadmap 2050

Swedenโ€™s goal to reduce GHG emissions compared with 1990 by 40 per cent by the year 2020, and to have a vehicle fleet completely rid of fossil fuels by 2030 are stepping stones to the overarching goal of a society with no net GHG emissions by the year 2050.

Legislation plays an important part in Swedish environmental efforts and an Environmental Code entered into force in 1999.

That is Swedenโ€™s commitment under Roadmap 2050, an EU initiative whose objective is to reduce GHG emissions by at least 80 per cent below 1990 levels for all of EU.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216May 1, 2019 1:11 AM

What a mess Hunter has been for all the Biden grandchildren.

by Anonymousreply 217May 1, 2019 1:18 AM

I didn't realize that Hunter Biden was running, r213. Thwt would suck for Hunter, not so much for Joe.

by Anonymousreply 218May 1, 2019 1:18 AM

Will the two moms even allow the grandkids to appear on the campaign trail now that son Hunter has dumped them both?

by Anonymousreply 219May 1, 2019 1:20 AM

R37: Elizabeth Warren was born in 1949, making her soon to be 70. However, IMO she looks like 60 and moves like a much younger person. She is not 77 ferchrissakes. You're probably thinking of Nancy Pelosi, who is around 78. Whatever you think of her as a candidate (I love her but don't think she is the likely winner), she is amazingly young looking and I wish I knew her secret potion.

by Anonymousreply 220May 1, 2019 1:24 AM

[quote]she is amazingly young looking and I wish I knew her secret potion.

Righteousness, moral clarity and erudition, with judicious dashes of warmth and kindness.

by Anonymousreply 221May 1, 2019 1:48 AM

Bernie bros are freaking out. That hyper guy on msnbc showed 3 new polls with Biden with a big lead. One of the polls had Elizabeth warren in second place over Bernie Sanders. Guess they trotted out those women traumatized by Biden hugs too soon.

by Anonymousreply 222May 1, 2019 2:03 AM

That's only just begun. There will be a new wave eventually as Biden has been doing that for decades.

by Anonymousreply 223May 1, 2019 2:05 AM

Biden is inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 224May 1, 2019 2:08 AM

Only the perpetually aggrieved cared the first time around, r223. It's not going to change. It also damaged Bernie when Flores, a Bernie supporter, said she came forward for political reasons so I doubt Bernie will be pulling another rabbit out of that hat.

by Anonymousreply 225May 1, 2019 2:09 AM

What a surprise! Corporations and never-trumper Republicans want Biden to win. Wonder why? If we elect another neoliberal corporate Democrat weโ€™re likely going to get something worse than Trump Iโ€™m 2024 or 2028. Trump is a symptom, not the disease.

by Anonymousreply 226May 1, 2019 2:23 AM

R220 Warren has nice skin for a 70 year old. Age is starting to catch up a bit with her a bit, though. I think losing the glasses would have taken off some years (a little late now).

At 60, she really did look noticeably younger than her age. She probably could have passed for late 40s then.

by Anonymousreply 227May 1, 2019 2:37 AM

Iโ€™m gonna vote for whoever gets the nomination, but quite frankly, I think that we need another youth movement.

by Anonymousreply 228May 1, 2019 2:41 AM

I just hope as we get closer to another presidential election fucking MSNBC gives most of their air time to the Democrat and not fucking Trump like they did in 2016. Might as well have been watching Fox that year. Nothing but Trump practically 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 229May 1, 2019 2:50 AM

People want Universal Health Care. They don't want Obama Care or an amendment to it. Biden will lose support because of that.

Progressive supporters want big changes. Small incremental changes will not fix the system. People want to cut military spending and allocate the funds to health care.

Trump is right. Sleepy Joe doesn't know or care what people want. If Sleepy Joe gets nominated, he will lose to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 230May 1, 2019 3:07 AM

Yet, knowing that he would be the centrist candidate, he's still ahead of the progressives in the polls, r230. By a lot. People want universal health care until the negatives are spelled out then support drops...as shown in a recent poll.

by Anonymousreply 231May 1, 2019 3:18 AM

How did all other developed countries manage to give their people universal healthcare if there are such huge negatives?

Last I heard Canada is alive and kicking, and the prices of prescription drugs there are quite lower.

by Anonymousreply 232May 1, 2019 3:23 AM

Former Vice President Joe Biden backed Venezuelan Interim President Juan Guaidรณ on Tuesday afternoon, who is fighting to gain control of the country.

Guaido called for a military uprising, named Operacion Libertad, against socialist dictator Nicholas Maduro on Tuesday. Venezuelans have been protesting against him for months, and the United States has declared his rule to be illegitimate.

โ€œThe violence in Venezuela today against peaceful protesters is criminal. Maduroโ€™s regime is responsible for incredible suffering,โ€ Biden tweeted. โ€œThe U.S. must stand with the National Assembly & Guaidรณ in their efforts to restore democracy through legitimate, internationally monitored elections.โ€

Bidenโ€™s stance is in line with that of the Trump administration.

โ€œI am monitoring the situation in Venezuela very closely,โ€ Trump tweeted Tuesday. โ€œThe United States stands with the People of Venezuela and their Freedom!โ€

by Anonymousreply 233May 1, 2019 3:27 AM

Because we're not other countries, r232.

by Anonymousreply 234May 1, 2019 3:29 AM

Instead of running younger candidates, we're getting older and older.

Maybe we can run a couple of 100 year olds in 2024?

by Anonymousreply 235May 1, 2019 3:30 AM

So the media has selected Biden, already?

No. Biden's a Trojan Horse. This is going to be good!

by Anonymousreply 236May 1, 2019 3:36 AM

The U.S. military spends billions of dollars each year so they can invade the Middle East and other countries to control their oil and natural resources.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237May 1, 2019 3:36 AM

The only good thing about DL is that it always gets everything wrong. So nothing's really worth get pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 238May 1, 2019 3:41 AM

Biden's trick was to ignore all the others running & act like his only opponent is Donald Trump. By him taking it to Donald, that means Trump has to respond (usually in multiple increasingly insane & hysterical tweets). Then the media, who love reporting on Trumps every thought, starts airing all of this, giving Biden more & more publicity.

What's surprising is none of the other candidates have tried this tactic.

by Anonymousreply 239May 1, 2019 3:52 AM

Is CNN Poll Showing Biden Beating Bernie Flawed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240May 1, 2019 3:58 AM

I'll just vote for whomever is nominated by the Dems, even if they were to pick a cellphone tower. Anything or anyone now is better than Trump. End of.

by Anonymousreply 241May 1, 2019 3:59 AM

All CNN polls are crap, r240, and I thought the last CNN poll had Bernie slightly ahead of Biden.

by Anonymousreply 242May 1, 2019 4:16 AM

[quote]Sorry if this has been said before, I only say it because Mika is a fucking stupid bitch.

Well she successfully married the show host worth millions and got him to officially leave the Republican party in the process. Probably worth more than you can even imagine. So who is the stupid one, a rich woman who has the power to influence politics or you who just like to bitch about people on TV?

by Anonymousreply 243May 1, 2019 4:23 AM

R242 That was an old poll published about 6 months ago. I was trying to show an example of a flawed poll.

by Anonymousreply 244May 1, 2019 4:26 AM

R240 Those people are morons. The ugly woman thinks just because her social circle isn't talking about Biden that he couldn't possibly lead a poll!? And of course they polled more people over 45! Not only are there more potential voters over that age, they also have a much higher turnout rate.

To respond to their "arguments", The N/A doesn't mean that the results aren't statistically valid, it means that the margin of error for that strata is too high. Some pollster prefer not to report the results for these high MOE subsamples as a reader of the poll, particularly a layperson, could draw inappropriate conclusions from the numbers. It doesn't mean the overall poll is not representative.

by Anonymousreply 245May 1, 2019 4:26 AM

He is taking on Trump right out of the starting gate, making him an equal adversary. Whereas the other candidates so far have been trying to push feel good ideas like free college tuition and climate change which work in a primary in your own party but are a massive fail for the general election.

Biden's competitors should take a note on his strategy or they will end up looking like little kids in the sand box compared to Trump. Right now Biden looks like the only adult in the room to take on the fat playground bully.

by Anonymousreply 246May 1, 2019 4:29 AM

I don't especially care who the nominee is as long as they can beat Trump. That's my only requirement.

by Anonymousreply 247May 1, 2019 4:31 AM

People keep comparing the US to Canada and other developed countries. Canada is a small country, having a population under that of California. Stop comparing them to US.

by Anonymousreply 248May 1, 2019 4:41 AM

Comparing the US to Sweden is something a college kid Berniebooger would do. What works in Sweden will not fly here.

by Anonymousreply 249May 1, 2019 4:48 AM

R245 The 2016 Election polls were misleading.

by Anonymousreply 250May 1, 2019 4:51 AM

We tried incrementalism twice in my life and ended up with George W Bush and Trump after 8 years of incrementalism

by Anonymousreply 251May 1, 2019 6:17 AM

Iโ€™ve never understood the โ€œthose countries are smaller than we areโ€ arguments. What a lazy conservative talking point. Weโ€™re talking about per capita spending. America also happens to be the richest country in the history of modern civilization. The idea that Sweden can figure out how to afford this and we canโ€™t is preposterous.

by Anonymousreply 252May 1, 2019 6:25 AM

R239 well, they saw how it worked for Hilary

by Anonymousreply 253May 1, 2019 6:37 AM

[quote]People want Universal Health Care.

As in all the people you know, extrapolated to indicate the views of all people everywhere?

by Anonymousreply 254May 1, 2019 6:38 AM

[quote]Iโ€™ve never understood the โ€œthose countries are smaller than we areโ€ arguments.

There are things of which a small quantity can be made, but a larger quantity cannot. It's not that hard to understand.

by Anonymousreply 255May 1, 2019 6:42 AM

I see R255. And what is the magic population cut off where it doesnโ€™t work?

by Anonymousreply 256May 1, 2019 6:50 AM

It will be interesting to see how much turnout Biden gets during his campaign rallies.

I think Trump has such a lock over blue collar and working class white people (that the Democrats alienated), and I don't see Biden changing that.

His message isn't clear: is he for the banks or for the unions? His history making Delaware the predatory credit card capital will come to haunt him. If there's one thing Americans of all incomes and backgrounds hate most, it's credit card debt

by Anonymousreply 257May 1, 2019 6:54 AM

I love how some people are anointing candidates 18 months in advance before the election...

by Anonymousreply 258May 1, 2019 6:58 AM

Iowa is 9 months from now.

by Anonymousreply 259May 1, 2019 7:45 AM

[quote]His message isn't clear: is he for the banks or for the unions? His history making Delaware the predatory credit card capital will come to haunt him. If there's one thing Americans of all incomes and backgrounds hate most, it's credit card debt

Oh Please, Trump and Repugs just gave away TRILLIONS to the rich in the form of tax cuts. I think one of those is a lot worse than the other. Besides, Biden is a Union guy way more than Trump could ever fake with his illegal immigrant maids at Mar Lago.

by Anonymousreply 260May 1, 2019 7:54 AM

[quote]As in all the people you know, extrapolated to indicate the views of all people everywhere?

Well, let's put it this way R254. People want affordable healthcare and it ain't coming from the Republicans. Heck! They're not even presenting ideas.

by Anonymousreply 261May 1, 2019 10:58 AM

R255, affordable healthcare is not one of those things.

by Anonymousreply 262May 1, 2019 11:21 AM

1. Yes, Biden is the mediaโ€™s preselected candidate of choice (but so was Beto, and the public didnโ€™t buy it).

2. If Joe Scarborough has any influence over the direction of federal elections, we deserve anything we get.

by Anonymousreply 263May 1, 2019 11:41 AM

[quote]There are things of which a small quantity can be made, but a larger quantity cannot. It's not that hard to understand.

How's that:

European Union population: 512 million.

All countries have some type of universal healthcare programs, quite a few of them are single payer. In addition, EU citizens can get a EU health card which allows anyone who is insured by or covered in their member state to receive medical treatment in another member state free or at a reduced cost,

vs

US population: 327 million

by Anonymousreply 264May 1, 2019 11:55 AM

[quote]People basically didnโ€™t vote for Hillary because they hated her. They didnโ€™t even know why in most cases.

If a person has the sort of personality that leads people to hate them without even knowing why in most cases, that person is unsuited for elected office. If a handful of Facebook posts were enough to deceive people into hating Hillary, there couldn't have had much to like about her in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 265May 1, 2019 11:57 AM

[quote]Canada is a small country, having a population under that of California. Stop comparing them to US.

You'd think that people haven't devised ways to compare smaller to larger systems.

In 2015, Canada spent $5,782 per person on healthcare or 10.4% of GDP. This was for 70% public/30% private spending.

Same year United States spent $11,916 per person on healthcare or 16.9% of GDP, for 49% public/51% private spending.

If Canada can do less per capita spending AND give their citizens a national healthcare system based on GDP equal to that of Texas, so can the US with its largest economy in the world.

by Anonymousreply 266May 1, 2019 12:04 PM

[quote] If a handful of Facebook posts were enough to deceive people into hating Hillary, there couldn't have had much to like about her in the first place.

Oh, c'mon now! It was MUCH MORE than just a handful of Facebook postings.

by Anonymousreply 267May 1, 2019 12:17 PM

R267, the point is natural born winners in politics like Bill Clinton and Donald Trump stand up to an avalanche of bad publicity and come out the other end in triumph. Trump was tarred and feathered in the press too but it only made his supporters more determined to vote for him.

If bad press turned people off to Hillary, it is because she was off-putting to begin with. If Hillary really had the undefinable "It" to be a star in politics, she never would have lost the nomination to a black man named Barack Hussein Obama. If the Democrats were too sexist to choose her in 2008, they can't expect the rest of the country to like her more than they did.

by Anonymousreply 268May 1, 2019 12:22 PM

Whatโ€™s up with Joeโ€™s hair? Hairpiece? Wig? Or the real thing?

by Anonymousreply 269May 1, 2019 12:34 PM

The DNC is pushing a losing candidate.

by Anonymousreply 270May 1, 2019 12:35 PM

On what planet are you on, R268?

Look... I'm tired of talking about Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton and her team lost because they were too smart for their own good. But, it's naive of you to think that the negative onslaught of Hillary Clinton is some recent/new phenomenon. What we witnessed (and were a part of) is a nearly 30 year attack upon this woman. For what reasons? "Whatever" and "Who knows", but it happened, it worked, and she's done.

Trump tarred and feathered? Trump was given a golden chariot ride all the way to night that he actually won the presidency. NO ONE--even Trump himself, thought that he would win. But, he did and thus we have the mess to deal with that we have now.

by Anonymousreply 271May 1, 2019 12:36 PM

R145 Does Al smeared feces black hefty bag fake rape Sharpton live in the hood?

by Anonymousreply 272May 1, 2019 12:41 PM

R271, every newspaper in the USA endorsed Clinton in 2016. Every panel on every news network in the USA had a meltdown on election night when Hillary lost. They have been working non-stop to drive Trump out of office ever since.

On what planet do YOU live, that you think the media were out to destroy Hillary? She was "the most qualified candidate of all time!" according to them.

No one of any political persuasion is stupid enough or ill-informed enough to believe your insane assertion that the Establishment media were pro-Trump and anti-Hillary. They literally wept on air when she lost.

by Anonymousreply 273May 1, 2019 12:43 PM

Here... let me help you... Just Google: "negative press against hillary clinton" and read the many studies and reports about it.

by Anonymousreply 274May 1, 2019 12:47 PM

R274, are you asserting that the press gave Hillary more negative coverage then they did Trump? Were you overseas throughout the whole year of 2016? Are you mentally defective?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275May 1, 2019 12:54 PM

R274, even the media experts themselves conceded that the election of Trump was a repudiation of the media and their unconcealed bias for Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 276May 1, 2019 12:56 PM

Biden gets a big bump in the polls and Mayor Pete is up to a distant #3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277May 1, 2019 12:59 PM

We'll try this again;

Just Google: "negative press against hillary clinton" and read the many studies and reports about it.

by Anonymousreply 278May 1, 2019 12:59 PM

R278, this may shock you but ALL candidates for POTUS receive negative press. Trump received ten times the negative press Hillary received. You sound like a typical woman: the rules are only fair if my side wins!

by Anonymousreply 279May 1, 2019 1:02 PM

R275, Absolutely the press gave HRC more negative coverage. One of the Ivies did a study thag showed HRC received what amounted to $1 billion worth of attack ads in negative coverage while Trump and Bernie received positive coverage.

by Anonymousreply 280May 1, 2019 1:18 PM

R280, you have officially jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 281May 1, 2019 1:21 PM

I want to know what TV channels R280 was watching in 2016, that gave him the idea that the NY Times, The Washington Post, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, etc. were all pulling for Trump and working to thwart Hillary. This is historical revisionism on a monumental scale.

by Anonymousreply 282May 1, 2019 1:24 PM

I think universal healthcare is majority of the grass is always greener on the other side and part Canadians lying about their experiences with the system. Most likely you will be taxed up the ass for basic universal healthcare and then will probably need to pay a lot more for quality care.

The video is a decade old but still pretty accurate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283May 1, 2019 1:31 PM

One very quick find example, R282. And please, make note of where the article was published,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284May 1, 2019 1:34 PM

Another one....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285May 1, 2019 1:38 PM

And, an example from the other end of the spectrum. But, I'll give you that something is wrong with Maureen. Her hatred of Clinton is on the sociopath level!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 1, 2019 1:43 PM

Here are Joe and Mika the morning after the election. They don't look jubilant.

Jump ahead to the 12:00 minute mark to hear Joe claim (accurately) that the entire Mainstream Media were marching in lockstep advancing the narrative that "Clinton's going to win, Clinton's going to win."

Joe treated Trump with more objectivity than other media figures. That doesn't mean he was stumping for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287May 1, 2019 1:43 PM

R281, I suggest you send Harvard a strongly worded email telling them that they have "jumped the shark" and that you, Miss Anonymous Internetย Poster, ย know more about it than their study. And by all means, don't provide any proof to back up your assertions. I'm sure they'll rethink their study after they hear from you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288May 1, 2019 1:46 PM

R288, Harvard jumped the shark when they admitted David Hogg whose grades an SAT scores aren't even high enough to get an affirmative action candidate admitted.

If you really think the media were trying to defeat Hillary and trying to elect Trump, you either need therapy or a brain transplant.

by Anonymousreply 289May 1, 2019 1:48 PM

Oh, I'm arguing with a deplorable. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 290May 1, 2019 1:50 PM

[quote][R288], Harvard jumped the shark when they admitted David Hogg whose grades an SAT scores aren't even high enough to get an affirmative action candidate admitted.

Ohhhhhh.... Keep posting, R289. Keep posting... By the way, the dryer has stopped and your sheets are done...

by Anonymousreply 291May 1, 2019 1:51 PM

The media tried to profit off of the lunacy of the Trump campaign and gave him way more screen time than he deserved. The media essentially legitimized his campaign.

by Anonymousreply 292May 1, 2019 1:52 PM

R291, why do you think Harvard accepted David Hogg? He is a below average student with below average SAT scores and he isn't a member of any protected minority. Was he just the one token mediocrity selected on a whim over ten thousand more academically gifted applicants?

by Anonymousreply 293May 1, 2019 1:54 PM

R292, the American voters selected Trump. The media did not need to "legitimize" him. The voters did. The media did everything they could do defeat him.

by Anonymousreply 294May 1, 2019 1:55 PM

R293 is just envious that Harvard overlooked her own mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 295May 1, 2019 1:59 PM

For fucks sake. Some of you forget that the boomers were also hippies, radicals, and progressives. The idea that all of the old folks are sitting at home eating luke warm t.v. dinners on a metal table in front of the t.v. watching FOX news with the sound turned up to 20 and yelling โ€˜lock her upโ€ every time one of the hosts mentions Hillary would be hilarious if it wasnโ€™t so fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 296May 1, 2019 2:18 PM

Uhh, wrong thread, R296?

by Anonymousreply 297May 1, 2019 3:35 PM

R250 You said the polls were flawed and posted a video to a bunch of ugly fools talking about something they know nothing about. Explain how the poll is flawed.

by Anonymousreply 298May 1, 2019 3:49 PM

R290.

That right there is the whole problem.

Imagine being a hard-working English teacher making $30/year, with a spouse that makes about the same. Raising 3 kids. College-educated. Feeling desperate. Feeling like the Democratic party and its smug elites (like R290) do not give a shit about you or your kids. Wondering what happened to the Dems of the 40's. The ones who were pro-Union. Pro-little guy.

And so you face either throwing your lot in with the awful Donald Trump. Or with people who think you are beneath contempt and deplorable. And enjoy telling you so. Enjoy calling you toothless idiots, deplorables, Deliverance refugees.

Until the elitist class CAN effectively imagine that, what that feels like, their candidates are doomed to fail.

by Anonymousreply 299May 1, 2019 3:55 PM

[quote] Wondering what happened to the Dems of the 40's.

Who the fuck sits around thinking what happened to the Dems of the 1940s?

by Anonymousreply 300May 1, 2019 4:00 PM

R283 of course a right winger is going to distort how the health care system operates for most people in Canada.

Clinics and hospitals are for emergency care and for those who donโ€™t take the time to obtain a family doctor. Most Canadians have family doctors, and make appointments to see them. He purposefully went to a clinic that was closed on weekends (which is not true for all clinics) so that he could go to a hospital instead for non-emergency care, which no one does. He seeks out the place where heโ€™ll get the worst possible non-emergency care (because resources at hospitals are directed more towards emerge care) so that he can make his misleading video.

by Anonymousreply 301May 1, 2019 4:01 PM

Oh.... here we go... Dems are elitist and snobs. Well, at least Dems believe that you should eat and live decently... and EDUCATED too! You know... how soon do the deplorables forget. This nation has suffered greatly under Republican leadership since Reagan. Cut, cut, cut! Cut, without any type of reinvestment into its people. Hey, lowly educator! How did that extra $3 workout for you, your husband, and family? Were you able to buy a few cans of tuna with the Ramen noodles? I'm sure is was VERY satisfying!

by Anonymousreply 302May 1, 2019 4:04 PM

R299 the lowest od the low income people voted for Clinton and not Trump.

What I dont think you understand is being a deplorable has nothing to do with an economic situation. It's a state of mind that makes a person the most vile creature ever created. A deplorable would criticize Harvard for accepting "mediocre" David Hogg. A family struggling to make ends meet wouldn't give a shit. So stop with the lectures. You're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 303May 1, 2019 4:29 PM

R269 he has hair plugs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304May 1, 2019 4:30 PM

Why are you angry at the little guy, R302? The people you should be pissed at are above you on the socioeconomic ladder, not below you. Punch up, not down.

People look to the Dems of the 40's because that is when they reached a populist peak. LBJ, for all his flaws, WAS concerned with the lowest classes, but the war started taking those efforts over. And the military budget continues to rob the little guy of even the most basic humane care.

If Dems want the little guy, (whom they refer to as deplorables with such incredible disain!!!) to vote their way, cast their lots with them, they have to provide a reason to do it. If all they do is insult, dismiss, injure.... they will of course be left alone to wallow in their "why won't they vote me?" temper tantrums.

The entire elite classes need a Come to Jesus meeting, to address their complete and utter lack of humility.

by Anonymousreply 305May 1, 2019 4:32 PM

[quote] The entire elite classes need a Come to Jesus meeting

Oh, brother...

by Anonymousreply 306May 1, 2019 4:33 PM

[QUOTE] What I dont think you understand is being a deplorable has nothing to do with an economic situation. It's a state of mind that makes a person the most vile creature ever created.

Thanks for clarifying that, Mary. ๐Ÿ™„

by Anonymousreply 307May 1, 2019 4:34 PM

R305, in what alternate universe do the republicans represent the "little guy?" You know, the party of handing out corporate tax cuts, gutting unions, anti-affordable healthcare and education?

by Anonymousreply 308May 1, 2019 4:37 PM

Do not attempt to rewrite history R303. Your own personal little definition of "the Basket of Deplorables" has no basis in fact. Hillary referred, not to people with a deplorable state of mind; she was issuing a far more wide-reaching attack on Donald Trump supporters. Not just the few who had virulent racist homophobic mindsets. ALL of them. And if you think all Trump supporters are racists and homophobes, there is no reaching you, you are too far gone.

How can you all have so little respect for your fellow Americans? The 75% of the country scraping by perilously are not bad people. They are desperate. Why do you all have no feeling for that?

Do people have to be exactly like you to be considered important?

by Anonymousreply 309May 1, 2019 4:38 PM

[quote]Dems want the little guy, (whom they refer to as deplorables with such incredible disain!!!) to vote their way, cast their lots

We don't view the little guy with disdain. We do, however, view the racist shitstains as deplorables.

Yes, r307, it was obvious you didn't understand. Happy to provide the assist.

by Anonymousreply 310May 1, 2019 4:39 PM

^^ What snowflakes Trump voters must be that they're still triggered by a word from three years ago.

by Anonymousreply 311May 1, 2019 4:40 PM

R305, in a universe of desperation. Donald Trump talked about making America great again, rejecting trade deals, fighting to keep well paying jobs in the US, having empathy for the working guy.

Hillary had two sets of speeches. The ones she gave for public consumption. Then they way she REALLY felt behind closed doors, and in exchange for a half million bucks. Like telling wall street financiers, after they destroyed the economy and required a trillion dollar bailout, that they were best suited to regulate themselves (read the speeches at Wikileaks.) Hillary enjoyed hanging out with rich people, couldn't be bothered with even the faรงade of enjoying the simple life, felt anything not high powered beneath her.

The little guys saw that, and had had enough of the condescending disregard the 1% had for them.

That is why they threw their lot in with Trump. They knew he was an asshole. They had no better option. Try to see that. It is not hard to see that. It requires only the smallest amount of empathy.

by Anonymousreply 312May 1, 2019 4:45 PM

Sorry, R308, not R305.

-R312

by Anonymousreply 313May 1, 2019 4:45 PM

[quote] Hillary enjoyed hanging out with rich people,

And Trump didn't? He's a sleazy conman, reality TV host from NYC. His whole life has been hanging out with rich people.

by Anonymousreply 314May 1, 2019 4:50 PM

Oh, no, r309, it is YOU who is attempting to rewrite history. Here's exactly what was said...

[quote]You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call theย .ย (Laughter/applause)ย Right?ย (Laughter/applause)ย They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic โ€“ Islamophobic โ€“ you name it. And unfortunately, there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people โ€“ now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks โ€“ they are irredeemable, but thankfully, they are not America.

[quote]But the "other" basket โ€“ the other basket โ€“ and I know because I look at this crowd I see friends from all over America here: I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas and โ€” as well as, you know, New York and California โ€” but that "other" basket of people are people who feel the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures; and they're just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says, but โ€” he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.

Now go wipe the drool from your chin.

by Anonymousreply 315May 1, 2019 4:51 PM

The paid trolls are all over this thread, I see.

by Anonymousreply 316May 1, 2019 4:55 PM

R315. Read that again. Pay special attention to the second paragraph. Hillary KNEW why Trump appealed to people. It worked with people like you to say they were horrible racists. But she KNEW what they found appealing and yet, even as the Democratic opposition to Trump, could not find it in herself to offer them an alternative.

Are you that blind? Hillary wanted to be a republican, as in her Goldwater girl days, but was trapped in her history with Bill. She made no effort to say anything other than that " nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures; and they're just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says, but โ€” he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well." We must empathize with those people, she said, but offer them nothing?

Hillary went to West Virginia and told them there would never be another coal job in the US, but did NOT offer them anything to quell their fears. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 317May 1, 2019 4:57 PM

R317 is just so concerned about Democrats that he is forced to vote for Trump. Yeah, right. Sure.

by Anonymousreply 318May 1, 2019 4:59 PM

Why can you not see the horrible ramifications of it being all about us vs them? With the us being people who are financially comfortable. But them being in a class below you. As Hillary herself put it, "we must have empathy for THEM." Not empathy for our fellow Americans, empathy for people suffering in this economy. More like "pitying the poor, who you have always amongst you."

by Anonymousreply 319May 1, 2019 5:00 PM

I did not vote for Trump and never would.

R317.

by Anonymousreply 320May 1, 2019 5:01 PM

So who are you voting for, R320?

by Anonymousreply 321May 1, 2019 5:02 PM

So, now you've moved the goal post from saying my definition of deplorables wasn't intended as a state of mind, which I proved you completely, wrong in r315, to whatever mess of a post you wrote in r317?

by Anonymousreply 322May 1, 2019 5:03 PM

Bernie. Or Tulsi Gabbard. Or Someone else progressive. No one neoliberal.

by Anonymousreply 323May 1, 2019 5:04 PM

[quote]Why can you not see the horrible ramifications of it being all about us vs them?

Of course there are ramifications! But, it's not the Democrats doing that and promoting it:

Geraldo Rivera Verified account @GeraldoRivera

Democrats led by @JerryNadler & @RepAdamSchiff are partisan warriors who don't even try to mask utter contempt for @realDonaldTrump. This fight is not about divided gov't, this is a knife fight in war betw right & left. Cooperation won't end relentless probe, it will fuel it.

by Anonymousreply 324May 1, 2019 5:09 PM

Biden Harris please. I can see if coming.

by Anonymousreply 325May 1, 2019 5:10 PM

R322, I know you think this is about winning an argument, but no, it is not.

Hillary did NOT refer to her basket of deplorables as containing ONLY racist, homophobic, etc people. She referred to the lower classes as being in that basket. I won't have an argument about there being two baskets of deplorables.

I would point out to you, that Hillary herself regretted that mistake more than any other she made and has commented on that repeatedly. She knew she was alienating millions of voters with that comment and could not stop herself. And if you had looked further down the Basket of Deplorables Wikipedia page, you would have seen this:

"After the election, Diane Hessan, who had been hired by the Clinton campaign to track undecided voters, wrote in The Boston Globe that "all hell broke loose" after the "basket of deplorables" comment, which prompted what she saw as the largest shift of undecided voters towards Trump.[36] Political scientist Charles Murray said, in a post-election interview with Sam Harris, that because the comment helped get Donald Trump elected, Murray agreed with Jonathan Haidt that it had "changed the history of the world, and he [Haidt] may very well be right. That one comment by itself may have swung enough votes, it certainly was emblematic of the disdain with which the New Upper Class looks at mainstream Americans."[37] "

But of course that was under Analysis, a section I would imagine you have no interest in.

by Anonymousreply 326May 1, 2019 5:13 PM

R326, the full quote is at r315. Everyone here now knows that you are a learning disabled troll.

by Anonymousreply 327May 1, 2019 5:17 PM

Making amendments to Obama Care which everyone hates and attacking Trump is the same as what Hillary did back in 2016. How is that going to help Sleepy Joe win the election?

by Anonymousreply 328May 1, 2019 10:22 PM

Guess Where Most Of Our Money Goes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329May 1, 2019 10:36 PM

Get back to me in a year, peeps.

by Anonymousreply 330May 1, 2019 10:43 PM

What R330 said. I'm peacing out from these politics threads -- I think most of them are just meant to demoralize, divide, and create Political Fatigue Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 331May 1, 2019 10:54 PM

America can't bomb its way to a better future.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332May 1, 2019 10:56 PM

[quote] If a person has the sort of personality that leads people to hate them without even knowing why in most cases, that person is unsuited for elected office. If a handful of Facebook posts were enough to deceive people into hating Hillary, there couldn't have had much to like about her in the first place.

Normally your argument would make sense, but Clinton won the popular vote, so it doesn't. Apply your sentence to any candidate, Sanders included, and you will realize how unfair it sounds. Not only that, the attitude you describes sounds completely devoid of intellect. Ans since most people don't vote with their brains the country got what it got in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 333May 1, 2019 10:58 PM

I already have R309 blocked.

by Anonymousreply 334May 1, 2019 10:59 PM

R309 wrote this, so you can guess what R309 did with his vote in 2016.

Thanks for the Supreme Court, R309!

-- Mayor Pete

[quote]I know that Trump has lowered the bar for ANYONE in the future. No more needing experience or accomplishment. But let's be honest: Trump won because he was running against Hillary, the worst politician the world has ever seen. I would bet money there was not any other person in the political world he would have won against.

by Anonymousreply 335May 1, 2019 11:01 PM

Trump will be re-elected and youโ€™ll have 2000 posts complaining about how โ€œso and soโ€ didnโ€™t do enuff. Canada isnโ€™t doing any better so donโ€™t come over here.

by Anonymousreply 336May 1, 2019 11:10 PM

Relax everybody and enjoy some music

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337May 1, 2019 11:13 PM

[quote] Not just the few who had virulent racist homophobic mindsets. ALL of them.

Liar

She specifically said half of them.

by Anonymousreply 338May 2, 2019 12:46 AM

I don't agree with everything, but he makes some good points. I agree that the democrats needs to stop looking at the Obama era as some golden age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339May 2, 2019 1:21 AM

I think Biden will fade, along with his freshened face and efforts to be elder-brah high energy.

by Anonymousreply 340May 2, 2019 1:32 AM

Funny.

I'm watching "Morning Joe'and one of the pundits is going about how these people will suffer in history. How their reputations will suffer, etc...

By who? Who would care?

Sarah Sanders will find another job ... somewhere. Kellyanne Conway will be hired by... someone. Do you think that Barr cares what his great grandson will think about him and how he is portrayed in the history books?

by Anonymousreply 341May 2, 2019 10:50 AM

I was really disappointed by Pete's interview with Trevor Noah in which he chastised himself for white privilege and how that has caused his success, etc.

Of course white people face day to day advantages in America that African Americans don't, particularly in the criminal justice system. But let's be clear about something. Black Americans have accomplished a lot more politically than gay Americans. There have been more black mayors, senators, Governors, and Presidents! Yet we don't talk about that. I don't see Kamala Harris or Cory Booker being asked to check their straight privilege. I want a Democratic Party that supports minorities. Period. Yet this treatment of Pete's candidacy has strengthened for me the theory that there is an unspoken "Oppression Olympics" where the elevation of certain minorities is more important than others. And it is very clear that Gay does not rate compared to people of color ( one irony being the continued homophobia within many communities of color that black and brown gay men still struggle with).

And for Pete to adopt this narrative of being defined by white privilege dismisses to me the gay experience. I want a gay candidate who would defend and bring pride to the gay community, not a candidate of self flagellation. I was hoping he would confront the media about this double standard against his straight competitors but he's not. It doesn't rule out my potential vote, but this is not what I was expecting from Mr. Superstar.

by Anonymousreply 342May 2, 2019 2:00 PM

Part of that, R342, is that Pete could always "pass" for straight, so his sexuality was not an issue for his political career. It would have been different had he been out of the closet and married to Chasten for the last six years.

by Anonymousreply 343May 2, 2019 2:06 PM

[quote]Part of that, [R342], is that Pete could always "pass" for straight, so his sexuality was not an issue for his political career.

And, that's just part of the issue. It's about colorism too. The light versus the dark. We all know the story of the gays, but even a white gay male, (okay, some very lighter complexioned gay males), feel some type of superiority or "white privilege" when it comes to comparing themselves to black people.

Are there others who recall how the white gay male dealt with a minority Uber driver and the awful things that he said to him?

by Anonymousreply 344May 2, 2019 2:14 PM

[quote]Kellyanne Conway will be hired by... someone.

How does she look in pink bunny ears?

by Anonymousreply 345May 2, 2019 2:16 PM

.I agree with r342, The fact that he had to stay closeted is a bigger issue.

by Anonymousreply 346May 2, 2019 2:38 PM

The networks pushing Biden may choose but fewer are listening to them.

CNN's prime-time ratings dropped a whopping 26 percent in April compared to last year, according to Nielsen Media Research.

MSNBC's ratings were down 14 percent in April 2019 compared to April 2018, while Fox News's ratings overall were flat.

The sharp decrease for CNN marked its lowest-rated month in total viewers since October 2015.

The top five shows in cable news were Fox's "Hannity" with an average of 3.086 million viewers, followed by "Tucker Carlson Tonight" with an average of 2.834 million. MSNBC's "Rachel Maddow Show" was third with 2.630 million viewers, followed by Fox's "The Ingraham Angle with 2.455 million viewers and "The Five" with 2.4 million in rounding out the Top-5.

CNN's highest-rated show was "Chris Cuomo Primetime," which averaged 917,000 viewers in finishing 26th overall in total viewers among the cable news networks.

by Anonymousreply 347May 2, 2019 3:14 PM

R347 was it due to disappointment in the Mueller report?

by Anonymousreply 348May 2, 2019 5:06 PM

What else would it be. The significant drops were CNN and MSNBC who were nonstop pushing nearly 24/7 Mueller, treason, and impeachment for the last two years. Now they are reduced to taking airtime to see some guy eating a bucket of chicken in a Congressional hearing room.

Trump's RCP approval even marginally rose this week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349May 2, 2019 6:04 PM

R25 writes,

[quote]In my opinion, Bernie is a fraud. I've always felt that way. Given his EONS of years in Congress and there really hasn't been much traction in those ideas that he believes in. Even if the legislation wouldn't pass there should be some type of paper trail that can add credibility to beliefs and positions. He's gone "Hollywood" as far as I'm concerned. | SOMEBODY should be paying more attention to Warren. Yes, some of her policies are out there but what she gives is a basis for discussion. Each of her policies might be accepted in total or people can take pieces from them that make sense. |Gabbard, I don't know much about but I just get a feeling of war monger for some reason

R25 is ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 350May 2, 2019 7:19 PM

I havenโ€™t watched MSNBC or CNN since the Mueller Report was released. Iโ€™m just over it. Now I get my political news online .....and Twitter is a big part of it. Twitter doesnโ€™t bore me to death for an hour talking about the history of American politics from the days of the Pony Express up until today. They show a picture of a chicken at Barrโ€™s seat and itโ€™s funny. I donโ€™t need 18 months of buildup.

Trump does politics by Twitter & so should we,

by Anonymousreply 351May 2, 2019 7:32 PM

Yes and what comes after Politics by Twitter? Offshoring all politics to troll farms in Byelorussia?

by Anonymousreply 352May 2, 2019 7:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353May 2, 2019 10:31 PM

Ridin with Biden in 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354May 4, 2019 7:55 AM

Why does Joe now part his hair on the right side? As you can see from the photo below, he used to part his hair on the left side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355May 4, 2019 5:46 PM

See the photo below. Now Joe parts his hair on the right. He used to part his hair on the left as you see in R355. Why the switch in hair-parting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356May 4, 2019 5:49 PM

Why the switch in hair-parting?

Probably somewhere along the line a focus group told the network they liked it better that way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357May 4, 2019 10:25 PM

In the post by R339 the article stated Biden has a propensity for putting his foot in his mouth.....case in point this just happened today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358May 4, 2019 11:20 PM

โ€œI mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.โ€ JOE BIDEN, JAN 2007 (Referring to Obama)

by Anonymousreply 359May 4, 2019 11:30 PM

[quote]Making amendments to Obama Care which everyone hates....

The majority of voters like the ACA.

by Anonymousreply 360May 5, 2019 1:56 AM

[quote]The top five shows in cable news were Fox's "Hannity" with an average of 3.086 million viewers

Reaching fewer than 1% of people in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 361May 5, 2019 1:57 AM

[quote]Hillary wanted to be a republican, as in her Goldwater girl days, but was trapped in her history with Bill

I get that we have to have trolls but do they really have to be so fucking stupid? Pound for pound, we have some of the dumbest trolls on the Internet.

by Anonymousreply 362May 5, 2019 1:59 AM

[quote]the lowest od the low income people voted for Clinton and not Trump.

As did the majority of people who said that the economy and jobs were their number one concerns.

by Anonymousreply 363May 5, 2019 2:01 AM

[quote]R274, are you asserting that the press gave Hillary more negative coverage then they did Trump? Were you overseas throughout the whole year of 2016?

That's what the data show, moron.

by Anonymousreply 364May 5, 2019 2:03 AM

And we have a lot of seriously fat trolls. Theyโ€™re probably Trumpโ€™s mythical 400 lb hackers.

That Hillary was a Goldwater Republican ignores that a lot of people changed parties because of a horribly corrupt Republican President named Richard Nixon and his escalation of the Vietnam War.

Trending of an unpopular President tends to show they lose in the midterms, as did Trump. He likes to talk about how โ€œpopularโ€ he is with his base, which is about 25% of the country. Thatโ€™s putting him in the same class as Pik Botha in South Africa, which would probably please him.

by Anonymousreply 365May 5, 2019 2:05 AM

[quote] Trending of an unpopular President tends to show they lose in the midterms, as did Trump

Well I guess that explains the 52 House and 8 Senate seats Bill Clinton lost in his first midterm election, and the 63 House and 6 Senate seats Obama lost in his.

by Anonymousreply 366May 5, 2019 2:19 AM

[quote] So the media has selected Biden, already?

๐‘ช๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’† ๐‘ต๐’†๐’˜๐’” ๐‘ฐ๐’” ๐‘ช๐’๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐‘ฉ๐’Š๐’…๐’†๐’ ๐‘จ๐’” ๐‘ด๐’–๐’„๐’‰ ๐‘จ๐’” ๐‘ฌ๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š ๐‘ถ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐‘ซ๐’†๐’Ž๐’๐’„๐’“๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’„ ๐‘ช๐’‚๐’๐’…๐’Š๐’…๐’‚๐’•๐’† ๐‘ช๐’๐’Ž๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’…

CNN, Fox News and MSNBC mentioned Biden 2,232 times from April 28-May 4. That number dipped significantly from the week before for him, where his name was said 3,393 times. The dip follows the trend of each candidate receiving the most attention when they initially join the race.

Comparatively, independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders saw his mentions drop from 1,099 two weeks ago to 602 last week. He was still the second-most said name on the cable news networks.

Each candidate is noted.

For example last week Pete Buttigieg 373 this week 205.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367May 7, 2019 1:42 AM

yeah, Biden is not THE ONE. He is from a different generation and it ain't gonna work out. I think he will go the way of Jeb Bush. The usual Media Whores are mesmerized. the actual campaign will fizzle and die in early 2020.

by Anonymousreply 368May 7, 2019 2:25 AM

Apparently, at another private fundraiser on Saturday, when Biden was regaling the crowd with tales of all the world leaders who have been calling him, begging him to run ๐Ÿ™„, he made a point of saying just how worried Margaret Thatcher was about America under Trump.

That must have been some call, considering Thatcherโ€™s difficulty with speech after her stroke, and, oh yeah, the fact that she died 2 years before Trump even announced he was running.

Biden later made a correction, saying he โ€œmixed up the two lady prime ministersโ€.

Open mouth, insert foot, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 369May 7, 2019 2:51 AM

Joe, I kinda like you, but the time has passed.

by Anonymousreply 370May 7, 2019 2:54 AM

Can't stand Bernie, but Biden just lost it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371May 11, 2019 4:07 PM

R371, we already give illegals healthcare. Speak to Reagan on that one. But, it is one of the reasons that our emergency rooms are so catastrophically high

by Anonymousreply 372May 11, 2019 4:13 PM

The Daily Caller is a RWNJ site with a mixed history of reporting facts. Take that shit elsewhere, r371.

by Anonymousreply 373May 11, 2019 4:36 PM

Oh, the best part about Joe Biden is the way the BernieBros have been crapping themselves in hysteria. They convinced themselves Bernie was going to get the nomination as a coronation.

Except - Bernie has a horrible track record in Congress. He was in the House since 1990 and got nothing done. Heโ€™s been in the Senate since 2007 and has gotten one bill passed. Heโ€™s a loser, which everybody whoโ€™s inside the beltway knows. Heโ€™s a media creature with no substance.

But the Berniebros expected a cakewalk for a non-Democratic Party candidate. Then, Biden announces and has nearly 50% support and equal financial support overnight. So, they start their usual tactics of attacking everyone who disagrees by using russian style bots, anonymous board postings and everything to create the illusion of popular support for a candidate whoโ€™s a failure, again.

Light up all the troll farms in Severastopol you want. It isnโ€™t persuading anybody to support Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 374May 11, 2019 7:08 PM

R373, that 'shit' is all over Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 375May 11, 2019 7:18 PM

R372, that's beside the point. The fact that Biden enunciated it will be used against him by Trumpers, GUARANTEED.

by Anonymousreply 376May 11, 2019 7:19 PM

So, Twitter isn't reality, r375. It's the same disgruntled people endlessly tweeting negativity and bots.

by Anonymousreply 377May 11, 2019 7:21 PM

Which is one of the main reasons Trump has convinced almost half the country that the Dems are a bunch of loons. Ironically...

There are also tons of pro-Democratic types who use Twitter R377/Eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 378May 11, 2019 7:24 PM

Civilised rich country DO care for illegals in their midst. It' an unfortunate costly moral obligation.

by Anonymousreply 379May 11, 2019 7:26 PM

R378, there are 330 million people in the United States and roughly 60 million twitter users, which includes corporations and related, special interest groups, celebrities and related, federal, state and local governments and related, bots...oh, and people. So, no, Twitter doesn't represent reality. It doesn't even represent half of the adult population of the United States, which is roughly 75% of that 330 million number

by Anonymousreply 380May 11, 2019 7:37 PM

He canโ€™t remember the name of the current prime minister of the U.K.? He shows signs of mental decline. Forgetfulness. He often struggles to complete a thought or to find the right word. Symptoms of early on-set Alzheimers. Heโ€™s too fucking old and will be another Reagan. Who is really going to be in charge? Jill? The Vice President? We get one chance to get this right so our Democracy can be restored to some semblance of normalcy. Just choosing cabinet members will be a monumental task. Let alone all of the ambassadorships that have gone unfilled. Heads of agencies. People qualified to run the DOJ, Homeland Security, and the FBI. That is going to take a lot of work on the part of the new president. He is not up to the task. Wishing wonโ€™t make it so.

by Anonymousreply 381May 11, 2019 10:05 PM

[quote] So the media has selected Biden, already?

not all the media

Joe Biden Is a Bad Bet

Far from being the safest choice, Biden lacks the economic vision necessary to counter Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382May 12, 2019 12:57 AM

Looks like Bernie's flying monkeys are shitting all over DL.

by Anonymousreply 383May 12, 2019 1:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!