Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Holiday Mascot Liberation

It has come to my attention that certain DL holiday mascots are being kept as pets, or worse, as slaves for the mere amusement of their companions, aka “friends”, who claim possession of said mascots. I have started this thread in an effort to bring awareness to this issue of major import and to the brutality and pain it causes. There have already been two mysterious mascot deaths in recent years - the beloved Christmas Mouse and the Boxing Day Vole. How does this end? With the Boxing Day Capybara in chains? With the Thanksgiving Otter deprived of alcohol and cigarettes? With the Hanukkah Hamster in a concentration camp? The line must be drawn here! No further!

I will be starting a GoFundMe account to raise funds for this effort (bitcoin accepted).

Save the mascots!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 22, 2019 11:52 AM

I always thought the DL Holiday Mascot should be wearing a Caftan.

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2019 12:54 AM

There’s more than one, R1.

by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2019 1:03 AM

Mascots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 25, 2019 2:33 AM

Would this mascot be a moose?

by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2019 4:44 AM

The Christmas Mouse died? My God, when?

by Anonymousreply 5April 25, 2019 4:05 PM

The Christmas Moose will have a message later. He’s in his Zumba class now and left a message not to be disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2019 7:40 PM

“Zumba class” = forced labor for mere peanuts

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2019 7:44 PM

Will this include neighbor Joel?

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2019 7:46 PM

With the warmer weather, The Christmas Moose and I were up on the roof deck last night, listening to jazz and dancing up a storm, and inviting the hot neighbors to join us.

He was back at the Stone Zoo in Stoneham this morning after Jazz Night. There are pair of new snow leopards that need a ball of yarn, if anyone has one or two handy.

Gizelle the Gazelle is doing much better on a new SSRI, but pines for the love of the Christmas Moose, requited. It’s hopeless. Javier tbe Jaguar has an assess tooth.

Most everybody else is doing will so go visit and don’t forget to bring peanuts for Mother Moose.

by Anonymousreply 9April 28, 2019 4:14 AM

Incidentally, Harry & David sells a product called “Moose Munch” which is a perfect gift for the moose in your life. You can send care of the Christmas Moose at the Stoneham Zoo in Stoneham, MA. No zip required , the post office knows him there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 28, 2019 1:26 PM

Fuck you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11April 28, 2019 3:09 PM

I thought it was the Stone Zoo not the Stoneham Zoo. Do we have a fake FOCM?

by Anonymousreply 12April 28, 2019 3:53 PM

It is indeed, R12. Too much bourbon last night.

by Anonymousreply 13April 29, 2019 2:51 AM

You probably deprived the Thanksgiving Otter of that bourbon.

by Anonymousreply 14April 29, 2019 3:01 AM

I was going to suggest an Election Day Chupacabra, but well - look how that turned out.

by Anonymousreply 15April 29, 2019 3:02 AM

The thanksgiving otter swears too much. The Christmas Moose doesn’t like that

by Anonymousreply 16April 29, 2019 3:17 AM

I can’t find any other thread that might be appropriate, so here goes...

I’m having family here next week and the best ferry tour of Boston Harbour Islands starts for the year, on the next day after their visit! Yes, the next day.

The deCordova museum and sculpture park is also closed for the day.

The Harvard Museums are all closed.

This is a Monday, but not a holiday.

Even squeezing-in the newly refurbished Cathedral is tricky. It recently replaced the wood floors with marble after being closed for a year. The exterior has been scrubbed to the top and looks beautiful. You should have seen those nuns on the scaffolding!

And it’s gonna rain.

But the zoo is open, and the CM says he’ll give me a discount.

by Anonymousreply 17May 15, 2019 2:10 AM

Do you pay the zoo entrance fee in peanuts or bitcoin?

by Anonymousreply 18May 15, 2019 2:19 AM

Despite this claim of friendship, the FOCM referring to the Christmas Moose as “my moose” is unseemly and gross. It’s immoral in my view. Apply Kant’s categorical imperative: would you want ownership of sentient beings to be a universal law? I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 19May 15, 2019 2:33 AM

Well, [italic] my friend, [/italic] I cough on Immanuel Kant.

R18, I have to pay in these 17th century Spanish coins because they are all I have. They take them.

In 2005 the zoo was $5. Now it’s $25 because of the CM. Even the elderly discount just reduces it to $23. That’s a $2 discount for a hundred year old! Graft in Boston? Could it be possible?

If it rains, I’m thinking of spending the whole day in the Cathedral. Do you think that will fly? I know it will break the CM’s heart, but he understands rain.

by Anonymousreply 20May 15, 2019 2:59 AM

FOCM, are you saying the Moose is responsible for fare increases since 2005? I thought he was only four or five years old?

[quote] Do you think that will fly?

Can moose fly? Of course it will fly.

by Anonymousreply 21May 15, 2019 3:04 AM

Thank you, R21.

Yes, he’s four years old, every year on Christmas Day, but refuses to say when he was born. Mother Moose, too. They’re vain, I think. Moosifer might tell, but I don’t like speaking with him. He bites!

I’m wondering if it will fly with my siblings? They’re not Church goers, much. Meaning ever.

by Anonymousreply 22May 15, 2019 3:14 AM

Given the potential cathedral visit, are you Catholic or Episcopalian, FOCM? I suspect the latter given your proud Yankee roots.

by Anonymousreply 23May 15, 2019 3:32 AM

Someone on this thread is a big Kant.

by Anonymousreply 24May 15, 2019 5:52 AM

The hanukkah hamster isn't in a concentration camp, silly! He's holidaying with Richard Gere in Nepal.

by Anonymousreply 25May 15, 2019 6:00 AM

Don't forget us Emotional Support Animals too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2019 6:33 AM

[quote] The hanukkah hamster isn't in a concentration camp, silly! He's holidaying with Richard Gere in Nepal.

The Hanukkah Hamster is a Buddhist? Mind blown.

by Anonymousreply 27May 15, 2019 6:39 AM

I'm here, representin'. And not just a day in September, either.

by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2019 6:42 AM

I got out of it completely. The family cancelled because of the inclement weather. I don’t blame them. They threaten a visit in June, but probably June 2030, the way they are.

by Anonymousreply 29May 15, 2019 11:02 PM

Is the Bi Visibility Day Blobfish actually bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 30May 15, 2019 11:04 PM

[quote] R23: Given the potential cathedral visit, are you Catholic or Episcopalian, FOCM? I suspect the latter given your proud Yankee roots.

R23, firstly, my siblings, are tourists in Boston, so I’m showing them pretty things before they burn to the ground. Our Cathedral is bigger then New York's! Take that, New York! It was just gussied-up, as I just described to family:

[quote] Boston’s Cathedral was recently closed and gutted on the inside and rebuilt, with marble floors, replacing the wood floors, etc. It was closed for a year for the project! The entire exterior was also hand scrubbed, and I honestly thought it was too dangerous for those nuns to have been wearing their habits up on the scaffolding, but the Biship said it was fine, and it all worked out. It’s beautiful, now.

Secondly, yes, I’m a Catholic. I met Moosie at vespers. Don’t shoot, you asked!

by Anonymousreply 31May 15, 2019 11:26 PM

The Christmas Moose is fine R5. He sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 32May 15, 2019 11:39 PM

Miss Sissy Boodles is the ultimate DL mascot and she has ensembles for every holiday.

by Anonymousreply 33May 15, 2019 11:43 PM

“Ensembles” is a legitimate verb?

by Anonymousreply 34May 15, 2019 11:44 PM

Oh, R33, what type of animal is Miss Sissy Boodles?

by Anonymousreply 35May 15, 2019 11:45 PM

The Kwanzaa Ferret is still relaxing in his living room with John Coltrane playing in the background and a slice of Sandra Lee’s Kwanzaa cake by his side.

by Anonymousreply 36May 15, 2019 11:47 PM

Here’s a hint R35. She plays with yarn and chases mice and occasionally boxes shadows.

Contrary to popular opinion, she is not in the legitimate theater.

by Anonymousreply 37May 15, 2019 11:50 PM

In keeping with my question regarding the Bi Visibility Day Blobfish, is the Kwanzaa Ferret black?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 15, 2019 11:51 PM

R5, The Christmas Mouse is [italic] missing, [/italic] only. Where are all the good DataLounge sleuths? There’s been no body found, so it’s an open case.

by Anonymousreply 39May 16, 2019 1:58 AM

Miss Sissy Boodles knows where the Christmas Mouse is, but her lips are sealed.

by Anonymousreply 40May 16, 2019 2:02 AM

He’s dead, son. Accept it.

by Anonymousreply 41May 16, 2019 2:02 AM

What type of cat is Miss Sissy Boodles?

by Anonymousreply 42May 16, 2019 2:03 AM

Let’s just say that Miss Sissy Boodles though delightful, does not have a pedigree.

by Anonymousreply 43May 16, 2019 2:16 AM

The Bi Visibility Day Blobfish is bisexual. The Black History Month Bivalve is lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 44May 16, 2019 2:26 AM

So, R44, is the Kwanzaa Ferret black?

by Anonymousreply 45May 16, 2019 2:29 AM

I just found out only now, that the Christmas Moose’s movie [italic] finally [/italic] came out last December. Sorry that it’s June! Maybe he’ll have a new movie for 2019. Whatev, as the CM says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 1, 2019 9:06 PM

I'm feelin' suicidal y'all

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 22, 2019 11:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!