Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Susan Sarandon donates to Mike Gravel: ‘The more Dem voices in the primary, the better!’

She’s also donated to Bernie (natch) and “former” anti-gay, Tulsi Gabbard.

I wonder what hijinks Susan will get up to in the 2020 election cycle?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2019 3:34 AM

Hate her

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2019 10:20 PM

Sunt.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2019 10:22 PM

Intensely disliked.

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2019 10:30 PM

Why does Susan Sarandon continue to get so much press from people about her politics? She can't be both a major factor in Trump's victory and irrelevant at the same time. If she's as powerful as Clinton supporters delusionally think she is, then she should be encouraged to run for public office and hold actual power. If, however, she's as irrelevant as most people think she is to the decision making process of the American voting population (and that's exactly what she is), then they should stop talking about her and let her give her small donations to the candidates she supports in peace. It's not like she's a big time fundraiser and her endorsement doesn't mean anything anyway or Nomiki Konst would be NYC's Public Advocate right now (spoiler alert: she isn't). Giving Susan more attention just elevates her stature and gives her more clout as a political Queen maker than she deserves. Good grief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2019 10:32 PM

Of course she did. Fucking dumb ass bitch

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2019 10:33 PM

Sarandon and her equal-in-cuntitude Gillibrand should form their own party, the Bleeding Gash party.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2019 10:39 PM

Fuck that cunt.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2019 10:39 PM

[quote]Why does Susan Sarandon continue to get so much press from people about her politics?

Because she likes the exposure she gets from talking about politics and she knows that she can get that exposure by expressing "the opposite" views on Democrats.

Anyone who says that voting for Jill Stein is somehow a vote for Democracy is too stupid too live, anyway. And anyone that stupid should not encourage others in voting stupidly (yes, when a celebrity publicly endorses a candidate their endorsement can have an influence on those living in the the celebrity obsessed society - that same society elected a reality TV star, remember?).

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2019 10:45 PM

Former Senator Mike Gravel of Alaska has not been in public office since 1981. Gravel is 88 years old.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2019 10:58 PM

Contribution to Tulsi Gabbard? What the fuck is this woman's politics? Gabbard would work for Trump tomorrow if he asked her.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2019 11:15 PM

R10, a certain percentage of the population are just contrarian personalities who like to stir shit up. This cunt is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2019 11:24 PM

I would like to slap her bugeyes out of her face till my hand hurts. It’s like she picks the worst people to support just so people will think she knows more than the average voter, when in fact she knows much less, and votes exactly the way she always would. Like an old rich white bitch.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2019 11:38 PM

Of course she donated to gabbard. She is a wealthy white heterosexual woman. She is the beneficiary of trumps tax cuts. She will never be harmed by any of the republican policies. Must be nice to tell yourself "I'm so special." When really, she's nothing but a self serving pos

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2019 11:49 PM

I'm convinced she's stealth Republican. She may not think she is, but she always conveniently backs the candidate that invariably serves as a spoiler for the Democratic candidate. She likes to posture herself as an uber progressive, dyed in the wool liberal, but she benefits greatly from Republicans being in charge so the Trump presidency is probably working out quite nicely for her and she'll undoubtedly hitch her wagon again to whoever will ensure he stays put.

by Anonymousreply 14April 25, 2019 1:00 AM

Agree r13& r14, it’s almost like an attention seeking thing. “Look how subversive I am (she’s not), because I’m not a dumb actress (she is).”

by Anonymousreply 15April 25, 2019 1:26 AM

Of course she as a lone dumbass is irrelevant but her strident anti-Hillary harping represents all the dumbasses who voted for Stein, or sat out the election, or even voted for Trump to "shake things up". Ya just want to dump a grease fire on them.

by Anonymousreply 16April 25, 2019 1:35 AM

Never liked her.

by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2019 2:07 AM

Honestly had no idea Gravel was even running. Just thought he was spending his retirement being thirsty on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 18April 25, 2019 2:22 AM

I loathe Susan Sarandon.

by Anonymousreply 19April 25, 2019 2:25 AM

Not even nominated in twenty years. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 20April 25, 2019 2:26 AM

Hopefully the voters she can still influence at this point will miss the nursing home shuttle to the polling place.

by Anonymousreply 21April 25, 2019 2:28 AM

PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!

by Anonymousreply 22April 25, 2019 2:32 AM

Is Gravel even alive or is this a Weekend at Bernie's thing?

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2019 2:33 AM

Let’s fucking vote for whatev , rl I’ll throw moneys ya w, anywhere

by Anonymousreply 24April 25, 2019 2:34 AM

Susan! I AM THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS FUTURE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 25, 2019 2:51 AM

This crazy ass bitch again.

by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2019 3:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!