Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth Warren Will Be the 2020 Democratic Nominee for President

"Warren easily outshone Buttigieg (who was smooth as ever) and Sanders, who played all the old folk hits, on Monday night....

"The only reason anyone’s ever cast Warren as 'unlikable'—insert heavy sigh—has always been rooted in sexism. Nobody could say it better than Moira Donegan did in a Guardian column earlier this year: 'The question of "likability" as it is applied to women candidates has become a kind of cipher through which pundits, strategists and ordinary Americans discuss our collective discomfort with women in power.' ...

"But by eschewing so much of what politicos consider sound practice, Warren has given herself a potential edge, if Democrats are ultimately capable of judging their field with clear eyes: She’s running, defiantly, in a way that clearly suits her to a T. She is campaigning as her own damn self, wonky and fierce, occasionally funny and sometimes professorial. Can it possibly work in the end? Maybe not, if Democratic voters are too hopelessly shell-shocked by 2016 to “risk” picking the candidate who shows every promise of being the most consequential president in the bunch, simply because she’s a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271April 17, 2020 2:46 AM

She is just... Awkward! Her Instagram video of her cracking open a beer said it all. Stiff, awkward, rehearsed, trying to cum off as just one of the guys. “Hey Bruce, want a beer?” It’s like Sheldon Cooper filming a video trying to be the normal fun guy.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2019 8:30 AM

Yep, she's the tortoise making her way to the finish line. John Kerry and Mitt Romney had similar paths to the nomination with multiple early favorites flaming out when the chips were down.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2019 8:30 AM

[quote]Her Instagram video of her cracking open a beer said it all.

I genuinely do not understand the way some people nitpick presidential candidates. One video and she's out? Really?

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2019 8:38 AM

This stupid fucking cunt. I wish the damn dykes on here would knock it off. I’ll never vote for pocohantus.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2019 8:40 AM

She’s not going to be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2019 8:46 AM

She plans to forgo the White House in favor of a tepee on the front lawn.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2019 9:00 AM

The DNA test blunder will be all but forgotten by the time Iowans go to the polls next year. Few voters are paying attention right now and with her magisterial policy platform Elizabeth will peak at just the right time. She's actually short on funds at the moment because she's heavily investing in ground game and campaign infrastructure in early states, which some have said is wasteful but is probably prudent. I'm calling it now--Elizabeth Warren will stun the political world when she wins the Iowa caucuses on February 3.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2019 9:58 AM

I see social media bots are busy pushing for the easy to beat candidates.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2019 10:10 AM

Geezer and supporter of bigotry. Completely inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2019 10:13 AM

Zzzzz

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2019 10:25 AM

She's the real deal, which might be more than a lot of bozos can handle.

And I'll never encounter R4 again, if the gd Ignore works.

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2019 10:31 AM

I can see her as VP candidate not the P candidate.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2019 10:38 AM

So a full quarter of people on this site are Trump supporters, i.e. shit eaters, according to that poll. Why are they even on DL?

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2019 11:07 AM

Or maybe they just don’t like Warren.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2019 11:10 AM

To the extent they'd vote for Trump over her? In other words, they're Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2019 11:17 AM

I refuse to take an accusation of sexism, or any other immorality or wrongthink, because I don't support a candidate.

Fuck her if she starts up with that.

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2019 11:21 AM

R13 They're gay?

Trumpers like to spend evenings with the Alfred N. Steele family?

They're lying because they think it's funny to piss you off?

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2019 11:23 AM

I support her 100 percent and would rather have her win than anyone else at this time, including Butieg. And I don’t give one flying fuck if she can open a beer. What happens if the presidential candidate is a recovered alcoholic and can’t drink, or doesn’t like drinking or hates beer? Some people are actually physically allergic to beer and cannot drink it.

I am so fucking sick of candidates of any sex, or party affiliation, having to appeal to the most uneducated and usually most problematic sector of our voting citizenry: old, racist, drunk and angry white men.

Fuck these assholes. I’m just so fucking sick of these fucking racist misogynistic assholes. This woman is worth her weight in gold, and an amazing candidate, yet she has to bust open a beer so that some literal piece of shit hillbilly who smacks his wife around, and grabs his daughter’s ass votes for her?

He’s never voting for her, and the only reason he got off his ass to vote for Trump, is because even though Trump would have him shot onsite, if he saw him approaching him on an empty street, they speak the same language of hate.

This is why Trump won, and do not be surprised if this piece of excremint wins again, because the secret to Trumps win is that we have a certain type of American male who hates everything and everyone that doesn’t fall into his line of thinking, and even though he hates everyone and everything, he loves it even more when someone recognizes the unfortunate fact that he still exists. And his abused, angry, fucked up wife is no different, nor are his adult kids.

What a shame, that so many Americans are so stupid and hateful. I swear that I would get the fuck out of here if I could. I never thought I would think this about a country I really loved.

I want out.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2019 11:34 AM

I would never in a million years vote for Bernie Sanders so I could see how some could feel the same way about Warren.

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2019 11:36 AM

what about Biden?

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2019 11:40 AM

I absolutely despise Sanders and his followers, but wouldl vote for him in the general to get Trump out.

Any Democrat who doesn't have the same mindset regardless of the candidate is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2019 11:59 AM

If I could give R21 10,000 WWs, I would.

by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2019 12:02 PM

Good luck to any woman who tries to get elected president in this country. Between the deeply ingrained sexism and the juvenile tendencies of our people ("You're not my mommy and can't tell me what to do!"), it's an uphill battle.

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2019 12:10 PM

She may win the nomination but if she keeps up the reparations talk they will use it like a cudgel in the general.

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2019 12:13 PM

Warren is a better candidate than all of them at this time, including Biden.

I don’t know when Americans will finally allow a woman to become POTUS, but it’s not going to happen this election cycle, that much, I know.

I, too, dislike Sanders, and will vote for him if that’s what I’m left with: Sanders vs. Trump.

But let me point out, that I’ve come to the conclusion that Sanders is just as whacky as Trump. Different side of the same coin.

Americans have really lost their way. They want candidates that would only play out well for a viewing audience on some series on HBO or Showtime, rather than a candidate who is levelheaded, well educated, experienced in government, and most importantly: SANE.

The minute we started identifying with some hack, reality show series buffoon, was the minute we invited our death knell to sound off for the entire world to hear.

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2019 12:14 PM

Of course, notice that the corporate media barely covers any woman candidate, while even the most unqualified men get full, drooling coverage. Whoever the corporations choose is who will win, just like last time.

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2019 12:18 PM

R25 I disagree that she's sane.

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2019 12:29 PM

R25 very well stated.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2019 12:38 PM

Like many of the field, she's too old.

You need a younger vibrant candidate, and she can be VP or mentor from the sidelines.

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2019 1:28 PM

I admit I was skeptical of Warren at first. But I agree with the article and think she has as good a chance as anyone to win.

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2019 9:20 PM

she doesnt stand a chance in hell........she is too unpolished, a lousy public speaker, and comes accross like a shrill school teacher. I like her politics, but the packaging cant be fixed. Trump would trounce her just by repeating pochantas thru out the campaign .

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2019 9:27 PM

I don't know about that, R31. Americans may have had enough of the name-calling in 2020 after more than four years of Trump's antics. Eventually we'll reach a point where a critical mass of people realizes that he has no clothes and that they should vote for someone who's competent, serious and who actually cares about them. And there's no candidate who exemplifies those qualities in more earnest relief than Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2019 10:12 PM

She bought my vote with a promise to cancel a big chunk of my student loans. Until a better offer comes along, she has my vote.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2019 11:15 PM

She’s got a lock on the harpy vote, the shrew vote and the old scold vote. The question though is how well will she do with the other voting blocs. There are some people who will have trouble voting for someone who reminds them of the most hated teacher they ever had.

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2019 11:19 PM

I guess she doesn't have a lock on the snarky shithead vote...

by Anonymousreply 35April 25, 2019 2:50 AM

R35 Time to hire an outreach coordinator.

by Anonymousreply 36April 25, 2019 3:00 AM

I would vote for her if she’s the nominee, but she’s gonna lose. She’s McGovern in a dress.

by Anonymousreply 37April 25, 2019 3:03 AM

R33 make sure to vote your pocketbook

by Anonymousreply 38April 25, 2019 3:05 AM

Warren is the nominee....Trump is the president.

by Anonymousreply 39April 25, 2019 3:07 AM

putin hated Clinton so much, he interfered in our election. Too bad Americans bought the misogyny and still haven't learned.

Warren would bring financial acumen and an understanding of the budget to the job. Added bonus, she is the lone voice calling for impeachment,

by Anonymousreply 40April 25, 2019 3:12 AM

I dont, same sex attraction is not homophobic, I used to identify as gay before transitioning, I have close gay friends and admire some openly gay and lesbian people, if a straight guy who flirts with me doesnt want to date me or fuck me me because I have a dick right now I understand, it hurts and may make me a bit dysphoric but I accept my current reality, I dont think of them as bigots unless they insult me or try to hurt me (thankfully has never happened). I usually end up sucking their cock or let them play with my tits but I dont try to make them learn to like dick, it doesnt make any sense. Stop dehumanizing us and treating us like villains, we have complex and often not so easy lives. Sincerely

by Anonymousreply 41April 25, 2019 3:14 AM

R41, what the fuck are you talking about? What does you letting people play with your tits have to do with Elizabeth Warren?

by Anonymousreply 42April 25, 2019 3:56 AM

r41 trans troll? Not taking the bait, save it for the tranny threads

by Anonymousreply 43April 25, 2019 3:57 AM

R41 hardest I've laughed all day. Wtf.

by Anonymousreply 44April 25, 2019 4:01 AM

I refuse to give her my support until she addresses her past.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 25, 2019 4:17 AM

I think America is prepared to elect a woman as president. People are too down on all female candidates just because Hillary lost. Hillary's problems as a politician aren't all women's problems as politicians; the problems for the Democrats in 2016 aren't the problems for the Democrats in every election after that. Things change quicker than you think.

by Anonymousreply 46April 25, 2019 7:58 AM

Give her - and all other candidates - time. At this point I agree she is the more compelling package with her intelligence, enthusiasm, and experience. But it is still early and the process will show who is the most capable of righting the ship.

It is a real shame that so many focus on what she thought and was told is her DNA background to decide she is not a real candidate. It makes no sense to me that this is what seems most important to some Democratic voters. It is the kind of attack you see from the right since that is all they have to say against her. How can any Dem say they wouldn't vote for her if nominee? I can't think of any legitimate reason to focus so angrily on something so flimsy, most especially when it is either our candidate or the orange one.

Our nominee could be Joe Manchin (barely Dem WV Senator) and I would absolutely vote for him. How is this even a question?

by Anonymousreply 47April 25, 2019 9:56 AM

Is she fucking serious? Do her supporters long for another Trump regime?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 25, 2019 12:51 PM

R47, it isn’t her heritage, it’s how she reacted to Trump.

Trump is a bully. Any person that runs against him will be bullied. If there is some person that can get the better of him, that should be the nominee, because the goal is to get his ass out of there before he does any more damage. This year is unique. No one’s ever had to run against a traitor in our lifetimes.

This election isn’t really all that issue driven. Any Democrat will probably be ok. It’s about who can make Trump look like a fool to independents and crossover voters. So bringing up all these divisive issues is the worst thing these candidates can do.

Nobody’s even considering reparations or prison votes as long as Trump is in office, so why try to hang these albatrosses around Democrats’ necks? Trump doesn’t have to deal with that baggage. You’re just giving him an advantage when you do that.

by Anonymousreply 49April 25, 2019 2:38 PM

Ok R49. I have seen another posting re Warren and feeling that she will be easily bullied. I will wait and see how she handles that. I don't think she has yet hit back at all, and I do think she can and will if needed.

What I have heard so far I think she will keep the focus on the issues rather than the name calling that she will most certainly receive. However, I think she is smart enough to handle it well if she chooses, similar to Biden's retort that ***** is keeping his eye on the important parts of the job, as usual.

I think she has some fight in her. We all know there is a lot of material for the Dems to work with, but we don't want to play on his grade-school playground level either. Ignoring him can be quite effective also so let's see how they all handle it.

by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2019 4:29 PM

The most impressive candidate of the lot.

by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2019 4:33 PM

She seemed like she had a touch of palsy during the CNN Town Hall - a bit like Katherine Hepburn in On Golden Pond

by Anonymousreply 52April 25, 2019 5:33 PM

I don't have a problem with her. I think she'd be a good president. But I have a hard time seeing her beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 53April 25, 2019 5:59 PM

She’s walking in the door already having a disadvantage because Trump has already bloodied her. She may not be able to ignore him because it’s already part of a continuing conversation, unlike the rest.

If he keeps punching, this isn’t like it’s the first round and she’s refusing to ever step in the ring. This is round two, Trump 1, Warren 0. I don’t think she can walk away in that circumstance.

by Anonymousreply 54April 25, 2019 7:01 PM

She’s got it all

by Anonymousreply 55April 25, 2019 7:01 PM

Her decency and straightforwardness will be a turnoff to some, unfortunately. Those who have battened on a bullshit-rich diet.

by Anonymousreply 56April 25, 2019 9:56 PM

It doesn't matter what Biden does. Warren will be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 57April 26, 2019 2:54 AM

My senator. I voted for her, but I’m not voting for her as President. Also looking for a new Senator.

Reparations. 3/4 of my family arrived in the 1880s and were dirt poor until 1945. The other 1/4 never owned slaves but a few died fighting for this country, including my 20 year old cousin fighting for the Union.

Free tuition and student debt forgiveness. Yeah? Where’s my 20%? The fact is, college must cost something or it will be over used by unqualified people. Also, free college means there is no incentive for schools to keep prices down.

A wealth tax, on top of money that was already taxed at income. Instead, reinstate the dynasty tax. Repeal the Trump taxes. Raise the marginal tax rates. A wealth tax will go nowhere. Maybe consider a VAT tax as is common in Europe. It encourages savings, which we need. Another option is the long-discussed tiny tax on financial transactions. Individuals won’t even notice, but it will slow down computer trades and add stability while raising money.

No a penny for deficit reduction. We used to have an agreement that taxes must be matched with spending reduction. It worked well, for as long as it lasted.

I’m not wealthy but I’m expected to subsidize reparations and student debt - screw that!

by Anonymousreply 58April 26, 2019 3:55 AM

Does anyone know what percentage of income would be designated for reparations and student debt, per Warren?

by Anonymousreply 59April 26, 2019 4:59 AM

[quote]The fact is, college must cost something or it will be over used by unqualified people.

The only college that will be free is state community colleges and universities. Not too many folks who aren't "qualified" to go to those. Also, the admission process is something higher education does already, and it's not enslaved to financial considerations. Furthermore, the many other Western countries that provide free or basically free (e.g. fees in the hundreds of dollars per semester) college don't seem to afflicted by the bane of "unqualified people". Finally, all of this presumes that college education is not a common good that benefits society as a whole, which it is. It's possible (indeed, probable) that its net benefit to society is greater than the cost to the taxpayer--in terms of economic growth, life expectancy, health, economic mobility, artistic production, civic participation, and all the rest of the elements of overall quality of life.

[quote]Also, free college means there is no incentive for schools to keep prices down.

As opposed to the fantastic job colleges and universities have done keeping prices down so far? Maybe you haven't read a paper in the last twenty years but the country has a college affordability crisis and a related student loan debt crisis. And the reality in the rest of the developed world that I mentioned above belies this talking point of yours as well.

by Anonymousreply 60April 26, 2019 5:40 AM

That's all very well reasoned, R60, but we don't want THOSE people to be grifters. So, no thanks, even if we're cutting off our noses to spite our face.

by Anonymousreply 61April 26, 2019 6:49 AM

I am not sure that she will be forgiven for endorsing Hillary

by Anonymousreply 62April 26, 2019 7:32 AM

As time goes by policy is going to matter. Right now it’s all about “values” and Trump. Bernie has one message and he never deviates from it and gets annoyed when he is asked to do so by pundits and journos who want to know what else he has to offer the country. Warren is on the same page but actually has a plan to pay for those things. Pete can’t coast on the same talking points which are already starting to sound rehearsed and rather flimsy. Biden wants to save the Republic. Fine. But what is he going to do after he does THAT? I don’t know what Kamala is going to do because she tends to ramble. Forget Booker, Swalwell, Gilibrand, Insley, and the rest. Warren is the longshot horse who stays back for 3/4 of the race and then makes her move on the outside and wins by a head. She just has to get some new material. The story of how hard it was to find a babysitter while going to law school is unrelatable to the old folks, singletons, and people who do not have children and/or don’t want them.

by Anonymousreply 63April 26, 2019 7:48 AM

I like that Pete just ignores the question of reparations. This is not the time for such nonsense. People like Sunny Hostin can suck ass. She’s all in for Kamala yet pretends that this should be some purity test for a Democratic candidate’s worthiness of getting the black vote. It’s the one thing about Warren that makes me cringe. it’s pandering and we all know it.

by Anonymousreply 64April 26, 2019 8:02 AM

She's from Oklahoma, so why does she come off as this stiff matronly Boston Bramin?

by Anonymousreply 65April 26, 2019 8:15 AM

Sorry, Kamala will beat her.

by Anonymousreply 66April 26, 2019 8:18 AM

[QUOTE] Reparations. 3/4 of my family arrived in the 1880s and were dirt poor until 1945.

So what happened in 1945? They struck it big on war bonds?

by Anonymousreply 67April 26, 2019 8:18 AM

[QUOTE] She’s walking in the door already having a disadvantage because Trump has already bloodied her. She may not be able to ignore him because it’s already part of a continuing conversation, unlike the rest.

She walked right into a trap when she took that DNA test.

by Anonymousreply 68April 26, 2019 8:22 AM

I like her in general, but think that she would be a better running mate than a nom. Mayor Pete is my first choice (he hits all the right issues for me) and Biden is obviously a great opponent for going up against that shit sack Trump. I also love Kamala. Warren is too heavy on free college (really cute, but what about everyone who already spent $100 grand on theirs? Are you going to give them tax cuts or something to make up for it?) and reparations (bad news from a million different angles and guaranteed to open a thousand cans of worms). Hate all you want and cry troll all you want (total bullshit as I hate Trump and the GOP more than anyone and my posts will prove this fact), but this talk of reparations will hand the election to the despicable, repulsive Republican scumbags with little effort from them. Just SHUT IT DOWN already. We need to focus and WIN. This country is not about hand-outs, but it is about equality and better wages for ALL. Lets try to stick to that.

by Anonymousreply 69April 26, 2019 8:26 AM

[quote] She’s walking in the door already having a disadvantage because Trump has already bloodied her.

You mean what the pussy grabber said? Pish.

by Anonymousreply 70April 26, 2019 9:17 AM

She's had tremendous publicity but is stuck with the other 2 and 3 percenters in polls. Not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 71April 26, 2019 9:56 AM

I'm bothered by people in this thread glossing over her racial fraud. It's a dealbreaker for me. She's a WASP through and through, raised methodist in a middle class home. She has zero cultural, much less racial, connection to any native tribe.

Being from OKC, where there are plenty of REAL indians, Warren knew this better than anybody. I think she realized the caché and advantage claiming native heritage could bring her in the Northeast, and that no one in academia knew enough about modern indians to call her bullshit.

Indians go to native churches, move in native social circles, and maintain cultural traditions like crafts and dances. Even in Oklahoma, where many white people are tribal members, there is an obvious cultural difference. Not to mention that there are many full-blooded native people living in poverty in all the various tribal nations.

She grifted on their backs.

by Anonymousreply 72April 26, 2019 1:38 PM

She won't be.

Nancy Pelosi will block her.

by Anonymousreply 73April 26, 2019 7:35 PM

R70, it’s not about the “Pocahontas” talk, it’s about Trump making her look like a weakling.

I hate to use a Supernatural reference, but on one episode, Dean encounters a demon. He knows this demon is afraid of him. So when she says, “you better watch your mouth boy, I could drag you to hell right now,” he stands up and slaps her hard right across the face, several times. She just sits there glaring at him but doesn’t move. He says, “I thought so,” and walks out.

That’s what Trump did to Warren and we all saw it. It’s not about Trump, it’s about Warren.

A President can’t back down from a tank, let alone a two-bit bully. But she did. You can never show weakness like she did when you’re running for a President. Especially as a woman.

Trump may be Putin’s butt boy, but when he was running he was Mr Tough Guy. A lot of people liked his bullying ways, they thought it showed he was strong. And if he seemed strong, he did it by showing she was weak.

by Anonymousreply 74April 26, 2019 8:07 PM

R72, Elizabeth Warren claiming to be Native American (and then backpedaling) is a big deal to me. Who knows what the truth is, but I still have trouble with her version (that she grew up believing she had Native American ancestors).

by Anonymousreply 75April 26, 2019 8:26 PM

The truth doesn’t really matter. She should have hit him right back “10 times harder.”

by Anonymousreply 76April 26, 2019 8:31 PM

For the people (or person) who are so focused on her claimed heritage: do you know the truth of this? It doesn't appear so when it looks just like the right wing talking points. FFS people. If you are going to repeat Hannity why are you even on this site?

She "claimed" what she was taught and what her family thought was their heritage - Native American. From Oklahoma. Like many thousands of others thought who are from that part of the country. Also like many who have learned only in recent years through the DNA companies that what was thought to be their heritage was not in reality. This technology was not easily available until recently.

One of the gentleman from Harvard hiring committee has publicly stated that her (thought) heritage was not a factor in her hiring.

Why pounce on what was an earnest young woman, with not much means, who wanted to take an opportunity she thought was within reason to take for her future?

She is not everyone's cup of tea. Fine. She is not everyone's favorite. Fine. Can we discuss our nominees without resorting to the Limbaugh method? It doesn't reflect well on your ability to think for yourselves. Or just do some basic research and not repeat talking points. This is too important.

by Anonymousreply 77April 26, 2019 8:41 PM

R31.. And trump is very polished.. and such a fabulous, articulate speaker...LOL!

by Anonymousreply 78April 26, 2019 8:43 PM

If she campaigns using a 50 state strategy. . . Could happen.

by Anonymousreply 79April 26, 2019 8:49 PM

From your mouth to Buddha's ear r7.

by Anonymousreply 80April 26, 2019 8:52 PM

Hey r31- have you watched her recent appearances or read some of the response Warren has been getting? Not just about rolling out policies, but about her personality and engagement, and perhaps, charisma? Maybe things have changed a bit since you saw her last.

I don't want to sound like her PR, but she has been getting a lot of positive attention, surprising a lot of people especially in the CNN Town Hall. Check it out if you are interested.

by Anonymousreply 81April 26, 2019 8:54 PM

For those who said they would vote For Trump over Warren. consider going to the elections board where you live and ask that a write-in option be given on your presidential ballot.

That way we can get a real sense of who people want to vote for I think that is needed and I think we deserve that.

by Anonymousreply 82April 26, 2019 8:57 PM

Warren has the best proposals and ideas. I'd be surprised if America voted for someone like her.

by Anonymousreply 83April 26, 2019 9:04 PM

Mayor Pete is absolutely my favorite, but Biden is our only chance to beat Trump. I pray he gets the nomination because I truly can’t endure another four years of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 84April 26, 2019 9:08 PM

Just to be clear, I believe she purposefully claimed her race as "native american" on forms to game affirmative action.

She is no way, shape, or form Native American and I don't believe someone from Oklahoma could ever make that mistake-think their *race* is indian when they're really an anglo-saxon protestant. She knew better and did it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 85April 26, 2019 10:51 PM

[quote] R60: The only college that will be free is state community colleges and universities. Not too many folks who aren't "qualified" to go to those.

R60 is not well reasoned at all. First, I can’t say I trust this assertion, but make it free, and it will be more common. I knew people in college who attended for the sole purpose that they got money to do so. Some refused to ever graduate, so they’d never had to pay it back. This was in the 1980s.

[quote] Finally, all of this presumes that college education is not a common good that benefits society as a whole, which it is. Wrong again. If it benefited the common good as stated, it would pay. There are a lot of education that is not a benefit to the common good.

And because colleges and universities have done poorly keeping prices down so far, you intend to give them more incentive to do worse?

it’s also not fair to everyone else who paid their way!

by Anonymousreply 86April 26, 2019 11:11 PM

[quote] Reparations. 3/4 of my family arrived in the 1880s and were dirt poor until 1945.

R67: So what happened in 1945? They struck it big on war bonds?

The US enjoyed a post war boom. They had a good work ethic.

by Anonymousreply 87April 26, 2019 11:17 PM

I think the DNA test worked to prove Liz to be honest and Trump to be a liar. More of a liar, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 88April 26, 2019 11:19 PM

R84 You can't beat Trump by just wishing so. You need a candidate with concrete ideas and policies.

Have we learnt nothing from Hillary's loss??

by Anonymousreply 89April 27, 2019 12:01 AM

Anyone who would vote for Trump over Liz does indeed eat piles and piles of shit.

by Anonymousreply 90April 27, 2019 12:18 AM

[quote] The US enjoyed a post war boom

Most people who think they pulled themselves up by the bootstraps benefited from the post war boom. It was a massive movement of many things, as well as the last gasp of growth for the US that started with the Industrial Age.

It lifted all boats to high tide for many years, but it couldn't last forever, and too many people don't understand the real costs of some of how we life today. The suburbs are an unsustainable system.

Whoever leads us has to take the reins and tell the country the real deal about some really unpleasant truths, or the US will continue to plummet.

by Anonymousreply 91April 27, 2019 12:21 AM

She’s such a terrible candidate. Proposals that our companies can’t afford. Hard to like.

by Anonymousreply 92April 27, 2019 12:45 AM

This ugly cunt doesn’t stand a chance. I hope the injun whore does get the nomination because then we are sure to have Trump for another 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 93April 27, 2019 12:53 AM

Warren = favored only by east coast elites.

Harris= favored only by west coast elites.

Neither has any idea of what the real Americans want and need.

by Anonymousreply 94April 27, 2019 12:55 AM

R94 you’re a dumbass. Warren is NOT favored by east coast elites. She’s only liked by GODDAMN FILTHY DYKES!!!

by Anonymousreply 95April 27, 2019 1:00 AM

[quote]This ugly cunt doesn’t stand a chance. I hope the injun whore does get the nomination because then we are sure to have Trump for another 4 years.

Eat shit and die, racist Rethug loon.

by Anonymousreply 96April 27, 2019 1:00 AM

R95 must be an east coast elite. Denial is not flattering.

by Anonymousreply 97April 27, 2019 1:01 AM

As a resident of the Heartland, people here like Biden, Beto, Bernie and are curious to see more of Buttigieg. Everyone else might as well not be running.

by Anonymousreply 98April 27, 2019 1:27 AM

Good to know you've managed to talk to every single one of the 100 million or so people in the "heartland", R98.

by Anonymousreply 99April 27, 2019 3:29 AM

All the white guys. Any idea why, R98? Just don’t know the others, or are they just looking at white men?

by Anonymousreply 100April 27, 2019 3:34 AM

[quote] Proposals that our companies can’t afford.

Oh they can afford it. Oh wait, you're Mark Zuckerberg aren't you?!

by Anonymousreply 101April 27, 2019 6:35 AM

Well at least with Warren we can be sure there will be no inappropriate touching allegations. I doubt she ever even touched herself inappropriately.

by Anonymousreply 102April 27, 2019 7:01 AM

I also love her proposal to jail sleazy, corrupt corporate executives. Should have been done in 2009.

by Anonymousreply 103April 27, 2019 8:22 PM

[quote]Finally, all of this presumes that college education is not a common good that benefits society as a whole, which it is.

People like R58 don't believe in the common good. Ironically, they're often Sanders supporters.

by Anonymousreply 104April 27, 2019 8:27 PM

R93 = psychopath

by Anonymousreply 105April 27, 2019 8:31 PM

Democratic potential nominees need to be talking about infrastructure, jobs, immigration and tax reform, foreign policy. Reparations? Votes for fucking imprisoned felons? THESE are the great American issues of our time?! Vote repellant, more like; any Democrat focusing on this kind of niche SJW nonsense will go down like the Bismarck in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 106April 28, 2019 12:19 AM

[QUOTE] She is no way, shape, or form Native American and I don't believe someone from Oklahoma could ever make that mistake-think their *race* is indian when they're really an anglo-saxon protestant. She knew better and did it anyway.

Not only that, she doesn't come across as Oklahoman. She has worked very very hard to affect the manners of a Boston blue blood.

by Anonymousreply 107April 28, 2019 12:26 AM

R106: Cry harder, you racist bitch.

R107: She doesn't remotely sound like a Boston Brahmin. God you people are suck fucking LIARS. And your fear of her makes me LAUGH.

by Anonymousreply 108April 28, 2019 12:28 AM

[quote] R104: People like [R58] don't believe in the common good. Ironically, they're often Sanders supporters.

I have no problem with her Indian heritage, as is right and proper.

I hate Bernie because when he lost to Hillary, he should have supported her with every ounce of his energy. He could easily have tossed the election to Hillary, instead of to Trump, that selfish cunt, and I will never vote for him.

I believe in the common good as is evidenced by “shared sacrifice”. How about a student loan that forgives ~80% of student debt in exchange for shared sacrifice? That’s the American way. From the Revolution, to WWII. People work together for the common good, each with skin in the game.

Nobody rides for free. It’s unfair. It’s divisive. It will never pass legislation, just like mortgage forgiveness was dead on arrival when dacussed during the crash.

by Anonymousreply 109April 28, 2019 3:18 AM

By the time Hillary finally won the nomination, she was so damaged by Bernie’s attacks, Bernie Bros wouldn’t vote for her. It was already too late, but then he made it even worse with his incredible lack of graciousness and good sportsmanship.

by Anonymousreply 110April 28, 2019 3:25 AM

She’s a scold. Guess again.

by Anonymousreply 111April 28, 2019 3:27 AM

R110 is right.

by Anonymousreply 112April 28, 2019 3:27 AM

R63 writes,

[quote]Bernie has one message and he never deviates from it…

And everyone knows the message.

And all of the 2020 Democratic nominees, who are on board with Medicare for All, have followed.

by Anonymousreply 113April 28, 2019 3:50 AM

R94 writes,

[quote]Neither has any idea of what the real Americans want and need.

Just for any person who does not know … tell us what the people of the United States of American want and need.

Thank you, R94!

by Anonymousreply 114April 28, 2019 3:53 AM

Liz has been tearing into Biden since his announcement.

She wrote this about his fundraising numbers:

[quote]How did Joe Biden raise so much money in one day? Well, it helps that he hosted a swanky private fundraiser for wealthy donors at the home of the guy who runs Comcast's lobbying shop.

I love her courage to call out the old way of doing things. Then again, she's been nailing Biden on his bullshit for her whole career. See link for more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 28, 2019 9:21 PM

I wuv her

by Anonymousreply 116April 28, 2019 9:50 PM

She looks like Granny Clampett - never going to be in the White House (as president anyway)

by Anonymousreply 117April 28, 2019 10:32 PM

Please watch this video on Warren's housing plan. Great stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 29, 2019 5:10 AM

The more I see her, the more I like her. Not only for her ideas, but also BECAUSE she isn't "polished." Her mention of subsidies for formerly redlined areas is actually a kind of reparation, but one that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 119April 29, 2019 7:10 AM

[quote]The DNA test blunder will be all but forgotten by the time Iowans go to the polls next year.

Kemosabe heapum wrong. Being a fake Cherokee is what most people think of first when they hear the name Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 120April 29, 2019 7:52 AM

She is this generation's Katharine Hepburn

by Anonymousreply 121April 29, 2019 8:24 AM

She doesn’t have a chance. The hatred of women runs far too deep.

by Anonymousreply 122April 29, 2019 9:28 AM

R120 speakum bunkum.

by Anonymousreply 123April 29, 2019 9:31 AM

I'm voting for Mary Steenburgen.

by Anonymousreply 124April 29, 2019 9:31 AM

Warren's Twitter game is on point.

Get them, Liz!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 30, 2019 9:57 AM

She won't win.

None of the indies that I know like her. ' They will go back to Trump.

She is Hillary 2.0 for all of them.

Get it together Dems.

No one sees her as Commander-In-Chief material.

At least Hillary had that going for her.

Massachusetts Dems don't win the EC (see Dukakis & Kerry) but seem to get the Dem nomination far too easily.

She will just waste voters time & money.

by Anonymousreply 126April 30, 2019 10:05 AM

R106 Don't forget Kamala the Great who wants to legalize prostitution.

by Anonymousreply 127April 30, 2019 10:10 AM

New Qpac update!

Warren has overtaken Sanders!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 30, 2019 6:43 PM

I hope this trend continues across more polls. I'm not sure she can win the nomination, but it would be nice to see her at least sink Bernie. This is a really bad poll for Bernie: relatively low support with women and non-whites. Biden even beats him with respondents classifying themselves as "very liberal." Warren's support with non-whites is also relatively strong in this poll (compare that to Pete's support with non-whites in this poll...yikes).

I think the Bernie supporters will be coming for Warren, though. I wonder what kind of conspiracies they will cook up. Maybe Biden, the DNC, and Warren are conspiring to keep Bernie from getting the nomination?

by Anonymousreply 129April 30, 2019 6:55 PM

Let's all chant it together: "It's all about sexism!" And OP, I don't know where you got that tired quote, and the rest of that nonsense, but "Unlikeable" has an E in it.

by Anonymousreply 130April 30, 2019 6:57 PM

Could it possibly be the article linked in the exact same post, R130? Could that perhaps be why quotation marks are used with no attribution inline, since the source is directly below it?

And both forms (unlikable/unlikeable) are used. The person who wrote the article and their editor, i.e. people who write and publish for a living, knew this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 30, 2019 9:38 PM

[quote]She doesn’t have a chance. The hatred of women runs far too deep.

Not wanting to elect a woman President doesn't mean you hate women. I don't wan't a ten-year-old to drive my car but that doesn't mean I hate kids.

by Anonymousreply 132May 1, 2019 1:20 PM

R132, yes it does, theres no non bigoted reason why someone wouldnt vote for any woman for President

by Anonymousreply 133May 1, 2019 10:44 PM

How is saying you'd never be willing to vote for a woman for president not a textbook definition of sexism? And comparing women to minors doesn't exactly help your argument, R132.

Can anyone honestly deny at this point that Hillary was vastly more qualified and would have made an incomparably better president and leader than the MAN currently squatting in the White House?

by Anonymousreply 134May 1, 2019 11:11 PM

I got $12,000 in college loans. I paid it back. Will Warren give me $12,000?

No? Maybe she hasn’t thought through her crappy policies. Just maybe.

by Anonymousreply 135May 5, 2019 1:01 AM

My only criteria for the presidential election is if the candidate can beat Trump. If Warren can beat Trump, I'm all for her.

by Anonymousreply 136May 5, 2019 1:11 AM

^^^criterion.

by Anonymousreply 137May 5, 2019 1:51 AM

R136 yes.

by Anonymousreply 138May 5, 2019 1:56 AM

She lost me when she vowed to take a regulatory hatchet to Apple. I don’t want her or Bernie in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 139May 5, 2019 2:00 AM

Warren is enjoying a polling bump right now following her strong and forthright handling of the impeachment question. And the visionary policies just keep coming. She would be a fantastic first woman president who would redefine American politics and society for generations, an FDR for our era.

by Anonymousreply 140May 5, 2019 4:35 AM

A Warren presidency would be far more "revolutionary" than a Sanders one.

by Anonymousreply 141May 5, 2019 4:37 AM

I like her for vice president. Biden/Warren. Let's ease this country into a woman in power. It's shameful but tis the way it is.

by Anonymousreply 142May 5, 2019 5:02 AM

I'm looking forward to Warren schooling all of the other candidates in the debates. Particularly Biden, since she's been schooling him on consumer protections for decades.

by Anonymousreply 143May 10, 2019 4:26 AM

No, she will not. No woman will be the candidate.

by Anonymousreply 144May 10, 2019 5:00 AM

Warren might be the perfect compromise between the Biden and Bernie wings of the Democratic coalition. Granted, a number of other candidates want to claim that (Kamala, Beto, etc.).

Warren seems to be settling in nicely around third/fourth place in most recent polls, though. She's positioned herself well.

by Anonymousreply 145May 11, 2019 2:06 AM

I said she'd be the dark horse from the beginning. All of the newcomers have fizzled out, Bernie has a ceiling, and Joe is not going to stay this strong in the polls as time goes on.

I personally think she'll be the one to come out of the debates as the winner. Pete and Beto will talk platitudes, Bernie will read from the his script, and Biden has nothing to offer. The rest are irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 146May 11, 2019 2:11 AM

Harris and Warren will be the two remaining front-runners next year.

by Anonymousreply 147May 11, 2019 2:12 AM

"I have a plan for that" may be the best tagline of any candidate, if you subscribe to the hypothesis that uncommitted voters like voting for the opposite of the last candidate who won.

by Anonymousreply 148May 20, 2019 4:08 AM

It would be a dream to have a Dem senate and a Dem president.

by Anonymousreply 149May 20, 2019 4:11 AM

[quote]Harris and Warren will be the two remaining front-runners next year.

Agreed.

And her "I have a plan for that" tagline is golden. It also helps that she really does have a plan for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 20, 2019 4:15 AM

With so many candidates - and options - it's a bit overwhelming to make a decision now.

I'm curious to hear more from folks that currently don't have a great deal of media attention: Inslee, Swalwell and Bullock come to mind.

That said, I am more and more impressed with Warren. (Although tbh, I would have been most impressed with her had she stepped up to the plate in 2016. Life could have been very different with her breaking in between the two historically disliked candidates of 2016. And her reticence during that period seemed....odd.)

Nevertheless, it's still early days. Bill Clinton was polling in the low single digits around this time for his first campaign. Much can transpire in 18 months within the political world.

by Anonymousreply 151May 20, 2019 4:34 AM

Are you people NUTS?

Every time Trump says the word "Pocahontas", she loses another 1000 votes. Plans or no plans.

by Anonymousreply 152May 20, 2019 4:59 AM

R152 people listen to a failed reality tv host placed in the presidency by Russia? Maybe you and the rest of the ratfucking deplorables. Most want actual adults in leadership positions

by Anonymousreply 153May 20, 2019 5:07 AM

[quote] Are you people NUTS? Every time Trump says the word "Pocahontas", she loses another 1000 votes. Plans or no plans.

Yeah 50 million Republicans are not going to vote for Warren. Those voters are not going to vote for any Democrat. Any voter, who will cast their vote based upon a trump nickname; that voter will never vote for any Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 154May 20, 2019 5:21 AM

R152, I literally only hear that now at Datalounge from posters like yourself.

by Anonymousreply 155May 20, 2019 5:21 AM

If Warren can win without media support, good for her. However, the media clearly does not support this woman. They have helped make her look like a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 156May 20, 2019 5:34 AM

And we have the media to thank for trump.p.

by Anonymousreply 157May 20, 2019 8:35 AM

Warren needs to weigh in on the complete admissions scandal. Harvard publicly promoted Warren as Person of Color for many years.Sounds like she was a trendsetter in the curious practice of appropriating a race to which one has no claim.

by Anonymousreply 158May 20, 2019 9:27 AM

College admissions scandal, that is. Fuck autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 159May 20, 2019 9:28 AM

Here is another poll you can vote in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 20, 2019 9:47 AM

[quote]I'm curious to hear more from folks that currently don't have a great deal of media attention: Inslee, Swalwell and Bullock come to mind.

Let me help you out with that: They are losers who are Dead on Arrival.

by Anonymousreply 161May 20, 2019 11:37 AM

R161

Don't need any help. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 162May 20, 2019 12:29 PM

And Bill Maher or one of his writers gave us the come back. Brokeahantas. He hates being laughed at.

by Anonymousreply 163May 20, 2019 5:09 PM

The FOX town halls are not really on the up and up. The audience for Pete’s was “carefully selected”. Read half of them were liberals. A standing O for a gay man who called out the Holy Trinity? Right. Same with Bernie. Many of his supporters were in the audience. Thus, the cheering of Medicare For All. Warren is a smart cookie. And the next day Fox and Flops ripped Pete apart.

by Anonymousreply 164May 21, 2019 4:43 PM

This weekend "Lovett or Leave It" (from the Pod Save America folks) did its podcast from Austin and the host took a voice poll by calling out the last name of each Dem candidate. He was clearly taken by surprise when he mentioned Warren and she got by far the loudest and most sustained applause, whistles and "woos" from the audience. Harris was second most enthusiastic.

by Anonymousreply 165May 21, 2019 5:48 PM

Chris Matthews has declared for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 166May 21, 2019 6:00 PM

Yeah, Warren also receives the loudest response at the 538 live podcasts. Other than native sons/daughters.

by Anonymousreply 167May 22, 2019 12:31 AM

You should refrain from using the word 'native' when discussing Elizabeth Warren, R167.

by Anonymousreply 168May 22, 2019 1:15 AM

I can't anyone believes she has any chance at all. She's too old for one. She's also too far left. And it isn't sexist at all to think that she is annoying and unlikeable. It isn't at all because she's a woman; she just has an off-putting way. I back up R98 in that she has zero chance in the heartland. She damn well isn't going to compete in Texas either. What states do people think she is going to win that Hillary didn't? Kamala is the only woman with a chance.

by Anonymousreply 169May 22, 2019 1:38 AM

[quote]Warren needs to weigh in on the complete admissions scandal. Harvard publicly promoted Warren as Person of Color for many years.Sounds like she was a trendsetter in the curious practice of appropriating a race to which one has no claim.

R158, are you under the impression she attended Harvard as a student? She didn't. She went to public universities for both undergrad (U of Houston) and law school (Rutgers) as a commuter student. She's not from fancy blood or from fancy institutions. She worked her way up the academic ladder w research, publications, and teaching; anyone w her CV would've been wooed by places like Harvard, where she was an endowed professor before leaving for the Senate in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 170May 22, 2019 1:45 AM

Elizabeth Warren has been steadily gaining ground among black women voters. Also known as the most important constituency in the Democratic Party.

It bears repeating: Elizabeth Warren Will Be the 2020 Democratic Nominee for President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171May 22, 2019 10:01 AM

Give her a feather, she's a Cherokee.

by Anonymousreply 172May 22, 2019 5:16 PM

Biden’s history in the senate is not going away. Politico has already revisited his War on Drugs years. He still holds a ridiculous view of pot and CBD for fucks sake. How many young black men spent years in jail for less than an ounce of pot? Their mama’s are not going to forget. The thing about Warren si when you get past the stupid Native American kerfluffle her history of working for the little people is even more impressive. She has a good relationship with the rebellious freshman class in the House. She has stamina and a killer political message. “I have a plan for that” is genius. Biden is going to go the way of Hillary. If ever he lasts that long.

by Anonymousreply 173May 23, 2019 10:35 PM

Love her, adore her, I worry about her electability but she'd be the ideal president. I will likely support her in the primary. I'm not decided yet though. I still want to hear out the other candidates. Although in past primaries I've usually known very early on who I was going to vote for and stuck with that person

by Anonymousreply 174May 23, 2019 10:56 PM

Elizabeth is a fury.

by Anonymousreply 175May 23, 2019 11:01 PM

It's Biden's goons who are trying to social engineer her out of the picture. Republicans don't even consider women people so they're not taking her at all seriously as a candidate. The only thing I would vote for Biden to do is eject himself into space.

by Anonymousreply 176May 23, 2019 11:11 PM

The CBS interview was a chore to get through due to that botish boor who kept asking the woman being interviewed to give more and more reasons why she thought Warren was resonating with black women. Seems like Betty Bot didn’t like the answers. I thought the woman did a fantastic job of laying out what they liked about her and why. Plus, a smoke alarm kept beeping in the background because it needed a new battery causing and it was unsettling.

by Anonymousreply 177May 23, 2019 11:59 PM

I vote for whomever is the nominee. This isn't rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 178May 24, 2019 12:07 AM

I like her a lot, but still prefer Kamala and think she’s a stronger candidate.

by Anonymousreply 179May 24, 2019 12:18 AM

Right now she is my pick. I was split between her and another but if the primary was today I would vote for her.

I remember in 2015 when Hillary jumped in, having a vision. That she would not be the first woman president but Warren would be. So lets see.

by Anonymousreply 180May 24, 2019 12:39 AM

Warren would be this century's FDR. We need transformative, revolutionary change and leadership. That's not Biden, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 181May 24, 2019 2:49 AM

She might win the nomination but I don’t think she can beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 182May 26, 2019 5:22 PM

I really wonder how many people who might vote for Biden would or would not vote for Warren. I don't think many would go with trump rather than Warren, if they also would have gone for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 183May 26, 2019 5:26 PM

There will be no election in 2020. Trump, Bolton, and Miller will cause a war and then declare that the election will not take place.

by Anonymousreply 184May 26, 2019 5:44 PM

[quote]There will be no election in 2020. Trump, Bolton, and Miller will cause a war and then declare that the election will not take place.

People (Republicans) were saying the same thing in 2016... that Obama would declare martial law and the election would not take place.

You sound just as stupid as those people did.

by Anonymousreply 185May 26, 2019 5:48 PM

She's my favorite currently, and then Kamala and Pete.

by Anonymousreply 186May 26, 2019 5:50 PM

Iowa voters are loving Warren's policy focus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187May 28, 2019 1:41 AM

She really needs to stop with the “My Daddy had a heart attack, and then my Mama got a job” storyline...

by Anonymousreply 188May 28, 2019 2:37 AM

See that's her biggest problem. After Beto she would be my second choice. She's pulling a Hillary though when she tries to be relatable and likeable enough. When you're not relatable trying to be relatable only makes you appear to be more unrelatable. Stick to being a policy wonk is where she shines. Please, please, please don't roll around in the mud with Trump. Every time she's tried to do that she came out a bloodied loser. She should just keep his name out of her mouth and she'll be the sane, well, relatable one in the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 189May 28, 2019 2:48 AM

Hillary was an unrelatable policy wonk. Do we really want to go down this road again?

Granted, she doesn’t have Hillz’ thirty years of scandals... but still.

by Anonymousreply 190May 28, 2019 2:55 AM

I think Warren is more likable in general than Hillary. She has an easy going charm and is able to take complex issues and explain them in a way that makes sense but doesn’t sound like she’s a know it all who is talking down to people. I agree that she needs to stick to policy and explain how her ideas will better people’s lives. I mute the sound when she talks about not being able to find a baby sitter while going to law school. I don’t relate to it and I don’t really care. I want to know how she is going to protect us against predatory lending and CC companies and banks that are engaged in the same practices that almost collapsed our economy. Also SS, Medicare, reeducing prescription drug costs, the environment, cyber security, a free and open internet, restoring cuts to our national parks and monuments, banning off-shore drilling, blah, blah, blah.

by Anonymousreply 191May 28, 2019 8:40 PM

I have an open mind about most of them but also reservations. No pun intended. Beto is just in it because he doesn’t have anything else to do and Biden and his Senate history gives me agita. He’s too old and dotish and guaranteed to stick his foot in his mouth every time he opens it. I’m not really engaged with Kamala. I don’t find her inspiring or policy oriented. I find myself tuning out when she talks. Klobuchar would have trouble keeping staff if what is rumored about her is true. You can be a tough boss and still treat your staff with respect. I agree that income inequality is the root cause of so much of what is wrong with our society but I really am off Bernie. I like Bennett and Bullock but they don’t have a chance. It’s Warren and Pete for me.

by Anonymousreply 192May 28, 2019 8:48 PM

Haha. Warren is openly sticking a thumb in the eye of the awful big tech companies where they live. She is a maestro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193May 29, 2019 11:38 PM

She’s winning in 2020 and will be our first female president.

by Anonymousreply 194May 29, 2019 11:42 PM

She has a clear strategy that differentiates her from the others, and she’s staying with it.

Whether it will be successful or not, isn’t obvious yet.

by Anonymousreply 195May 29, 2019 11:44 PM

MeMe McCain was waiting to hit her with a question about the 1994 Crime Bill but then the mess with the U.S.S. McCain happened and she got to make it all about her so she was good. She did bring up Warren’s refusal to do a Fox town hall. Even though Warren explained her position in a way that would make sense to anyone with a functioning brain MeMe just had to tell her how unfair it was to Fox viewers to dismiss them like that. Warren got wild applause for her answer. Then Sunny did her passive aggressive thing by asking basically the same thing. She no likey when other candidates get a positive response because she is all in for Kamala. I find her as annoying as MeMe most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 196May 31, 2019 1:31 AM

Nope. Massachusetts politicians don’t win oh modern area. Out of touch with Middle America.

by Anonymousreply 197May 31, 2019 1:43 AM

John Kerry won Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, R197, and came within less than a point of winning Ohio. Sure, he didn't win, but I'd hardly call that "out of touch with Middle America" or strong evidence that a Bay Stater can never win.

Also, the other party's candidate is a billionaire TV star who lives in Manhattan; commits adultery with porn stars, then pays them off; and shits on a good toilet. Am I supposed to believe he's more in touch with the middle of the country than a woman who's spent her whole life fighting for workers?

by Anonymousreply 198May 31, 2019 2:19 AM

*GOLD toilet, death to autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 199May 31, 2019 2:37 AM

Her turnaround over the past few weeks has been incredible. Too many people wrote her off after the DNA test debacle, but now that it's passed, they're realizing what a fantastic candidate she is.

People want a fighter, not someone who walks the line. We don't live in the 90's anymore where democrats had to be cautious and tuck their tails between their legs. Things have changed and it's time for the party to get with it and stop fighting old battles.

by Anonymousreply 200May 31, 2019 9:47 AM

She’s turned out to be a pretty good campaigner. I think many people are surprised she isn’t the matronly librarian they were first expecting.

by Anonymousreply 201May 31, 2019 2:14 PM

Nope. I agree with most her policies, but Trump will crush her with cruelty and ridicule that appeals to blue collar America that dislikes people like her

by Anonymousreply 202May 31, 2019 3:32 PM

She’s fighting for people like them. Union members who rolled the dice and voted for Trump can’t/won’t be that stupid to do it again. She knows how to talk to the people in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and Michigan and Ohio. Right now she’s campaigning in the South. Talking to AA women who VOTE and people in West Virginia who are always hurting. She has the backing of some young guns like AOC and Abrams. AOC’s support won’t matter much in New York because the latino vote always goes to the Democrat but it will help in Florida where so many Puerto Ricans live now. Dayton Ohio is in shambles. Liberals! are donating big bucks to relief efforts while Republican assholes in Congress are holding up the passage of a relief bill because of the fucking WALL. I believe these people will wake the fuck up and realize that they have been played and will vote accordingly. Yes, I BELIEVE.

by Anonymousreply 203May 31, 2019 3:53 PM

This may not help:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204June 1, 2019 2:19 AM

Democrats may love her but you have to appeal to a wider base than that to win.

Is it fair?

No, but that's how it is.

As a democrat and a woman, she has it stacked against her unfortunately in this day and age.

One hope that changes, but for now, it's a no.

The Democrat nominee needs to be some white guy that will have cross appeal.

Whine all you want but you have to play the game to win.

Being idealistic will get you nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 205June 1, 2019 2:32 AM

so before even the first debate, we have to decide this? awesome.

by Anonymousreply 206June 1, 2019 2:35 AM

I’m not reading a hit piece from the New York Post. The stupid Pocohantas shit is nothing compared to Biden’s history in the Senate. She just needs to keep to talking about policy. She’s moving up in the polls because of her ideas.

by Anonymousreply 207June 1, 2019 4:27 AM

I like how the lefty New Republic turns this into a hit piece on moderate Democrats.

The dismissal of Mayor Pete is HILARIOUS in context.

Poor Warren comes off like Hillary v2, I HAVE A POLICY FOR THAT AT WWW.NOBODYISGOINGTOLOOK.COM!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 208June 1, 2019 4:36 AM

Then don't read it R207. But she was called out by Charlemagne tha God.

by Anonymousreply 209June 2, 2019 3:48 AM

Just maybe, R208, some of the people who bought trump's drool last time are going to suffer enough in their wallets to actually listen to some IDEAS this go-round.

by Anonymousreply 210June 2, 2019 3:54 AM

clip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211June 2, 2019 4:01 AM

That interview was funny as shit.

by Anonymousreply 212June 2, 2019 4:08 AM

God, poor Liz. Mr. Tha god in 2001 was arrested for fucking a 15 year old minor. He's garbage. Liz has more guts than any other candidate. Goes to deeplo country and faces this jerk.

by Anonymousreply 213June 2, 2019 4:19 AM

That charl is one stupid mofo. She explains, starts talking about policy, and he keeps on the NA bit. What a role model.

by Anonymousreply 214June 2, 2019 4:35 AM

Almost 18% here would vote for Trump over Warren?

Sick.

by Anonymousreply 215June 2, 2019 4:44 AM

I didn't even notice the poll. That will have the treason gals clearing their cookies so they can vote over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 216June 2, 2019 4:47 AM

R215, maybe it's a put-on that people are doing? Otherwise, yes, stomach turning.

by Anonymousreply 217June 2, 2019 5:27 AM

Will Warren put her all into campaigning for Biden if she loses? Doubtful, she is some Bernie light and has never been a team player. Russian bots are pushing her popularity and she is pandering to the far left.

by Anonymousreply 218June 2, 2019 5:43 AM

r214, I agree. I'm told the same from my family and I consider that a part of my family history. He knows damn well that a huge % of Black Americans were told they had Native American Ancestry although they don't have tribal affiliation.

by Anonymousreply 219June 2, 2019 11:29 PM

Bump for Elizabeth's magisterial, inspirational town hall on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 220June 6, 2019 2:37 AM

I'm liking Warren more and more theses days. She's bold, fearless, and is giving us details to her proposals.

by Anonymousreply 221June 6, 2019 2:47 AM

I work in a Women Only health club, and I vote for only women candidates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222June 6, 2019 2:53 AM

We’ve chatted about her a bit in the Treason threads. She absolutely SLAYED. Proud of her. Warren/Buttigieg!! Could it be that she’s eyeing Pete, hence the locale for tonight? Imagine THAT, a woman Prez, gay VP!!!! It would bring the voters out on par with Obama. My hope would be that at precisely the right moment, Obama will give a full stop endorsement too, he needs to campaign for whomever is on the ticket. Obviously, the only drawback to this is race, Harris must get either AG or SOS, and the People need to know we’re here fighting for every color, every class, every believe. Every gender....lol? Yes, every gender too. Biden and Bernie get a new set of oven mitts and a $10 Dunkin Donuts refillable charge card and get tucked in for their nappy-poo’s with their paci’s.

The race has to be about policy, every group can’t be represented in every single election. Last time we turned out for a black man. This time, why the hell not a woman and a gay man? I happen to be white. How do our POC feel? Are you willing to vote for an all white ticket if they are representing other types of minorities? Can you trust that we all have skin in this game?

I mean holy shit, women have had to make that choice forever, meaning they have to *trust* the President (male) will fight for them. I realize POC had done the same. But in this next election, SOMEONE is going to be “left out” and we need to get that message out NOW so voters understand it.

by Anonymousreply 223June 6, 2019 3:37 AM

rah rah

by Anonymousreply 224June 6, 2019 10:02 AM

Biden is going to plagiarize this thread.

by Anonymousreply 225June 6, 2019 10:04 AM

Boy, is OP's prediction two months ago looking like a good one.

Does anyone else love her latest Twitter profile pic? It's instantly iconic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226June 18, 2019 9:25 AM

Here's the thing about Warren. She is the most thoughtful candidate, with the best ideas and proposals.

She may be a little awkward and a little geeky at times but people don't find her "unlikeable" in the way they found someone else unlikeable--that other candidate was perceived--rightly or wrongly--to be a phony who thought they were better than everyone else. No one thinks that about Warren.

Another plus--if she is nominated, Mayor Pete would make a good VP pick.

My only question--and I really don't know the answer--is how effective she'd be if she was in charge. A president can have all the great ideas in the world but if they're not very good at getting Congress to turn those ideas into laws, then none of those great ideas matter.

She's been in Congress for a while now, so she knows how the game is played, and IIRC, she's had some financial-type legislation pass. But knowing how the game is played is key, especially with Congress as divided as it is and McTurtle as determined to undermine a president from the other party as he is.

by Anonymousreply 227June 18, 2019 11:02 AM

She has well-deserved press, and I am glad she is in the race, but let's see what the debates and more town halls bring. There is a long way to go The press can be like piranhas so one misstep or one story can (be manipulated to) change the dynamic very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 228June 18, 2019 11:13 AM

Hope she picks Andrew Yang as vice president!

I like his empathy, including for the huge majority of white people who aren't racist. At 4:55.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229June 23, 2019 8:07 AM

Elizabeth is sailing gracefully to the win. She SCHOOLED the other candidates on that stage tonight.

by Anonymousreply 230September 13, 2019 4:57 AM

Nooooooooooooo. Kamala or Amy would be better if you want a woman prez.

by Anonymousreply 231September 13, 2019 5:23 AM

Elizabeth Warren is cold. Don't let her fool you.

by Anonymousreply 232September 13, 2019 5:24 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble.. But Warren has yet to be confronted about her long history as a former Registered Republican which she was until the age of 47.. That will come back to haunt her and her lack of support among minorities will not ensure she wins the nomination much less the White House...

When your core support lies among older white educated voters that isn't going to cast you in a positive light among minority voters whom the eventual nominee needs to not only win primaries but the White House.

With Biden imploding that leaves only Bernie who has support among younger minority voters and he is especially strong with Latinos who are now the fastest growing demographic..

Bernie's weakness lies with older minority voters as we are seeing a repeat of 2016 with a generational divide with older minority voters flocking to Biden like they did with Hillary back in 2016 and younger minority voters flocking to Bernie again just as they did in 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233September 13, 2019 5:43 AM

Jimmy Dore has a insightful analysis on why Warren will lose to Trump.. Dore is right pointing out that Warren is taking cues from Hillary in promising favors to the donor class. Warren is talking half measures the way moderates always do and then wonder why they lose elections. Warren is there to try to impede Sanders and has the establishment behind her not to mention the same liberal MSM which pushed Hillary back in 2016 have now sided with Warren...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234September 13, 2019 5:56 AM

Most people will not care R233. It was over two decades ago.

And if Trump tries to throw it at her she'll return it back to him by mentioning that he was a Democrat.

Also depending on the poll, while Biden always has the black vote, Bernie or Elizabeth always come in next.

It's still too early to tell but I really do like Bernie. I wish they would work together because I think that would get everyone excited to go to the polls.

by Anonymousreply 235September 13, 2019 5:56 AM

She had the largest crowd of the Democratic primary on Monday. Just amazing. Then some really good appearances on Maddow and Colbert.

Warren 2020!

by Anonymousreply 236September 18, 2019 1:30 PM

She will get the same treatment Hillary got and she'll have trouble doing well in the states we need to win. She underperformed in Massachusetts of all places so yea she'll struggle to win Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and we can forget about any possibility in Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 237September 18, 2019 1:35 PM

She is a great candidate but lacks that "electability" factor. She would not be able to beat such a personality that Trump is.

Blacks are a key demographic to the Democrats. They overwhelmingly support Biden.

by Anonymousreply 238September 18, 2019 1:43 PM

Don't rule out the Magical Resurrection of Beto O'Rourke

He's the only one to show any authentic passion, and he has the ability to actually get people fired up.

Not saying he will, but of all the candidates, he's the only one people across the political spectrum have ever gotten fired up about.

by Anonymousreply 239September 18, 2019 1:48 PM

More proof progressives are seeing a repeat of Hillary's coronation by the neoliberal MSM such as CNN and MSNBC with the recent CNN interview of Warren..

Progressives are just waiting for Hillary to make her appearance on the stage once again to endorse Warren as a favor repaid for 2016 when Warren backed Hilary who was her ideological opposite over Bernie who she was more ideologically aligned..

Once that happens and it will then shit will hit the fan as Warren will no longer be able to escape being portrayed as a establishment candidate and we know how it worked out last time when a Democrat establishment candidate ran for President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 4, 2019 10:26 AM

This is more of extended version of The Hill's Rising show where the hosts Crystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti rip into MSM coverage of Elizabeth Warren and how the similarities of the MSM coverage of Hillary Clinton back in 2016 and Elizabeth Warren now are so apparent and how obvious we are in the midst of Clinton 2.0 Mania all over again when it comes to the neoliberal MSM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241October 4, 2019 10:33 AM

Does anyone know what Warren's foreign policies are? Or do her supporters actually believe Warren will be left alone and not questioned about her lack of foreign policy platforms? Maybe her supporters think foreign policy isn't an important thing that a President of the United States has to worry about..

Her flip flopping on single payer health care and saying Medicare For All is a framework without actually stating what her platform will be other than saying she "Is with Bernie" or whether she will is willing to raise taxes on the middle class in order to pay for Medicare For All unlike Bernie who is all in and states people will save more money in the long run by no longer having to pay for deductibles and premiums is another red flag that progressives see.

Time will come when Warren will have to face scrutiny and answer questions directly likely on the debate stage and progressives will not give her a free pass unlike the MSM has so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242October 4, 2019 10:49 AM

[quote]I wish they would work together because I think that would get everyone excited to go to the polls.

Just what American voters are clamoring for: two seventy-somethings from New England.

by Anonymousreply 243October 4, 2019 11:38 AM

Only 100 days until the Iowa caucuses, and Liz's phenomenal victory!

by Anonymousreply 244October 26, 2019 3:44 AM

Warren/Buttigieg 2020! Let’s make it two firsts!

by Anonymousreply 245October 26, 2019 3:46 AM

I think both Warren and Buttigieg would need a minority VP pick, since they have lackluster nonwhite support (especially the latter). But I'd love to see Buttigieg in a Warren administration in another role, like HUD, Defense, Homeland Security, Transportation or Ambassador to the UN.

by Anonymousreply 246October 26, 2019 3:53 AM

Buttigieg, in the off chance he were to get the nomination, would need a female Veep. In fact, any man, Biden, Bernie, Beto etc, who might get the nomination for Presidency, better not think of anyone else but a female for a Veep.

Liz Warren, on the other hand, needs another minority. Pete counts that way, because he's gay. I can't see Kamala Harris taking a Veep slot (although maybe she would - that might be a super-ticket, Warren/Harris) - so that pretty much leaves her with Booker or Castro if not Pete or Harris.

Seriously, a two-female ticket - the two strongest females in the game, one white, one black/Indian - that might actually be the kind of ticket that could not only win, but withstand the assault of third party Tulsi. And yes, I hope Pete gets a great cabinet position.

by Anonymousreply 247October 26, 2019 12:13 PM

Elizabeth has released her plan for Medicare for All. She is amazing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248November 2, 2019 3:00 AM

Except for the part about 2 million jobs lost, r248.

by Anonymousreply 249November 3, 2019 1:10 AM

[quote] Seriously, a two-female ticket - the two strongest females in the game, one white, one black/Indian - that might actually be the kind of ticket that could not only win

Except Kamala's not well liked by black people. Warren would only be hurting her chances.

by Anonymousreply 250November 3, 2019 1:36 AM

I still like Booker the most for Warren's VP. Though the Rosario stuff is cringe.

by Anonymousreply 251November 3, 2019 1:52 AM

I would like to see Booker and Pete mud wrestle naked, and the winner gets the Veep position.

by Anonymousreply 252November 3, 2019 2:30 AM

I still believe in Liz. Honestly I'd be fine with any of the Democrats winning the nomination, but I like Liz the most.

by Anonymousreply 253January 12, 2020 10:28 PM

Me, too, R253.

by Anonymousreply 254January 13, 2020 12:46 AM

Liz [italic]might[/italic] just pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 255January 13, 2020 1:40 AM

Liz just snatched Bernie's wig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256January 14, 2020 1:14 AM

Liz will either win Nevada tomorrow or come in second.

by Anonymousreply 257February 22, 2020 2:33 AM

She now has a Super PAC with unnamed donors despite indignantly and inaccurately calling out Pete for sucking up to billionaires. And, then there was that phony video in which she was pretending to be a proletarian drinking beer with her husband. And, her flip flopping on Medicare for all costs and timing, Forget Pocahontas...she’s Lie-awatha.

by Anonymousreply 258February 22, 2020 2:42 AM

I like her. I don't know that she will be the nominee, but she is the smartest, best prepared, most serious candidate for president. Of all of them, and I like quite a few of them, she seems like the one who is most serious about doing the job and not just winning the office. She'd be a great president, but I thought that about Hillary too and the country did not do its job of electing her.

by Anonymousreply 259February 22, 2020 2:56 AM

you don't believe a word you are writing r258. You are a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 260February 22, 2020 3:06 AM

We can't overstate the effect sexism has had on Warren's campaign. She's held to a much higher standard than the ancient socialist, and really to a higher standard than most other candidates, just because she's a woman. She has put out so many thoughtful plans and actually supports abolishing the filibuster so that they can pass (unlike the ancient socialist). All Sanders does is wave his hands and recite the same stump speech he's had for forty years when people ask him for details.

Elizabeth is too good for our ungrateful country. Just like Hillary and Shirley Chisholm before her.

by Anonymousreply 261February 24, 2020 4:06 AM

She lacks self-awareness. She doesn’t know how men see her.

by Anonymousreply 262February 24, 2020 4:12 AM

"trying to cum off as just one of the guys..."

Oh dear oh dear oh DEAR, R1.

by Anonymousreply 263February 24, 2020 4:17 AM

All the Dimwit Party candidates are unlikable so it's not sexist at all. She is especially cunty.

by Anonymousreply 264February 24, 2020 4:23 AM

[quote]it's not sexist at all. She is especially cunty.

Which internet law is this, again?

by Anonymousreply 265February 24, 2020 4:26 AM

R265 no law, an observation that I find them all unlikable so Lizzie can cut the feminist victim crap. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

by Anonymousreply 266February 24, 2020 4:41 AM

[quote]Elizabeth is too good for our ungrateful country. Just like Hillary and Shirley Chisholm before her.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 267February 24, 2020 4:44 AM

Sorry for your loss, R257. This thread hasn't aged well.

by Anonymousreply 268February 24, 2020 4:59 AM

Biden is proto-senile.

Sanders is in real danger of toppling to the ground dead from heart failure at any moment.

Both are pushing 80.

How so many people are voting for those two mummies over this formidable, vibrant woman is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 269March 3, 2020 10:14 PM

Does Liz have any chance? She’s the best candidate.

WARREN/BUTTIGIEG 2020

by Anonymousreply 270March 3, 2020 11:34 PM

Correction: Elizabeth Warren will be the 2020 Democratic nominee for Vice-President.

by Anonymousreply 271April 17, 2020 2:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!