Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sucks being single when all you want is to come home

have a two way conversation with your partner what ever that partner looks like and cuddle and feel wanted and loved if only for a few mins

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2019 1:30 PM

Pets are a great substitute. Often better than a human could ever be.

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2019 3:02 PM

I hope you find what you're looking for and obviously need, OP.

Get out there and find it. Stop posting here and join some groups and just relax.

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2019 3:05 PM

I, for one, need an insulin injection...

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2019 3:06 PM

Op, the problem is you also want a guy that is gorgeous and brilliant. Your standards are WAY too high.

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2019 3:11 PM

God, this place is full of sad sacks.

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2019 3:12 PM

The fantasy is usually much, much better than the reality, OP.

Stay single and stay happy.

And yes, get a pet. My guy gives me big sloppy kisses when I come home, I pet him vigorously. After a couple of minutes, we're both satisfied and retreat to our neutral corners.

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2019 3:13 PM

I don't think all lonely people are in that situation because they want brilliant Mensa-smart runway model partners. That's just stupid, r4. Unless you know for a fact that's the OP's main issue.

And who wants an uber smart or uber pretty partner anyway? The pretty people can be high maintenance, narcissistic and are always hit on by others. Fun! And the smartypants set are often condescending and self obsessed. Good luck arguing with that. More fun!

I think OP wants a sweet, caring normal person with good hygiene and decent credit. NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND.

Get out there before the parade passes by, OP, and have fun. Don't hunt for a partner as much as do things you enjoy and keep your eyes open for someone who fits the bill. Online date, let your friends hook you up, stroll through dog parks, say hello to people....you are not a lost cause. Don't waste healthy days crying in your soup. One day you'll be actually physically ill and then you'll wish you had taken advantage of the good days.

And also - being solo is a good thing. This is YOU time. Find your own groove now because once you have a partner they'll inevitably require you to compromise it. It's the nature of co-existing.

Chin up :)

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2019 3:31 PM

R7 you are a really cool person.

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2019 4:03 PM

OP is already setting demands on his imaginary partner in their fantasy relationship.

Partner must be at home when OP arrives and drop everything to listen and pay full attention to him at that moment. More requests and demands to follow.

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2019 4:36 PM

Be careful what you wish for OP...relationships are hard. I love my husband but sometimes I want to come home to a quiet, leave me the fuck alone environment.

by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2019 4:43 PM

[quote] And the smartypants set are often condescending and self obsessed. Good luck arguing with that. More fun!

Who are you to judge me?

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2019 5:30 PM

R8, I appreciate you writing that.

I'm in OPs position and definitely feeling that "never gonna find someone" dread. I get it. But I know it's fear talking.

If and when someone good appears, you want to be ready for that relationship. If all you do is beat yourself up while you're single,you'll inevitably be in rough shape when love comes a knocking.

Love yourself first. Sounds corny but it's so important. And you carry that into a relationship, making it healthier.

You and I will find people.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2019 4:22 AM

I like your post R7. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2019 1:27 PM

You're welcome :)

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2019 1:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!