Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madonna Turns Her Aretha Franklin Disaster Into An Album

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Is she high??! Dementia?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 23, 2019 6:33 AM

The first video on her Instagram page. This is beyond embarrassing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2019 3:18 PM

That’s like Thomas Kinkade doing a tribute to Michelangelo.

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2019 3:20 PM

Sorry OP, I can't figure out what I'm supposed to be looking at.

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2019 3:21 PM

Martha Graham threw her out because she couldn't' dance for shit. Madonna has finally starting believing her own bullshit. The song playing is even worse than the first single.

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2019 3:21 PM

[quote]Sorry OP, I can't figure out what I'm supposed to be looking at.

Go to her Instagram page and watch the first video where she's babbling on and on about Martha Graham.

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2019 3:22 PM

Screeching that she came from the Mid West with Cher vocodered vocals.

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2019 3:23 PM

Gay men forfeited the right to call ourselves tastemakers when we decided (without my consultation) to make Madonna and Cher “gay icons”.

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2019 3:28 PM

This is gonna be another album with no hit singles. Probably the biggest bomb of her career. What was she thinking working with the likes of Mirwais??!? Has she not gotten it through her head that she isn't a good lyricist and needs help?? She bought into her own hype and thinks she's an artiste now.

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2019 3:30 PM

Does anyone for a second believe that story about Martha Graham calling her Madame X?

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2019 3:30 PM

Madonna looks like Whistler's Mother in that first photo.

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2019 3:32 PM

This has to be satire? So does anyone ever say no to her ? Is anyone ever honest with her ? Just one real friend is what she needs.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2019 3:33 PM

[quote]Does anyone for a second believe that story about Martha Graham calling her Madame X?

What the fuck is she talking about??!

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2019 3:33 PM

Madam X is a rip-off of the film. She's even doing the same imagery. Who the fuck is she fooling??! This woman has lied about her entire life. She didn't go to New York with a few dollars. The fake speaking voice she has had for 30 years = sociopathy. She has no real sense of self.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2019 3:35 PM

She actually looks decent in that video. No I don't believe her story, I have never heard of her working with Martha Graham. Does she mean Pearl Lang?

This song is not good. She has talked about working in writing camps, I don't think this method works for her at all.

Production does matter, too. Some of the songs on Rebel heart I really liked when they were done with Avicii, like Beautiful Scars and Wash all over me. But the albums versions I don't like at all, even though the lyrics are the same.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2019 3:38 PM

She needs Patrick Leonard and Rick Nowels back stat, if she's not going to do dance music.

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2019 3:39 PM

I don't know how she manages to look decent in this video when the photo from the filming that she posted on IG made her look like a crazy woman in a Halloween wig.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2019 3:52 PM

Oh, Look. Janbotulism is back.

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2019 11:45 PM

Why do you all keep starting Madonna threads?

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2019 12:05 AM

Because they're old as FUCK R18

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2019 12:28 AM

The Avicci version of Rebel Heart would have been a top ten first single for her, but her head is firmly up her old, wrinkles ASS. I cannot roll my eyes and harder over that travesty.

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2019 12:39 AM

She's supposed to be acting a character, so the Martha Graham story probably fits into the character of this Madame X.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2019 12:40 AM

According to Ron Protas, former Associate Director of the Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance, Madonna once bailed Martha out from having to sell her jewelry to stay afloat, in the form of a check for $150,000. Lovely gesture. But of course, let's keep telling everyone what a monster this Madonna is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2019 12:49 AM

Martha “Grahhm.” Ugh

Also, I thought she came to NYC at 29 not 19!

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2019 1:02 AM

Funny, how Madonna's story in 1994 completely contradicts this story. Madonna lie? Shocking.

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2019 1:12 AM

R23, Madonna's debut album was in 1983, when she was 24. She was already in NYC by the late 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2019 1:22 AM

Shut the fuck up, she looks amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2019 2:34 AM

That accent. That song. That story.

All of it as fake as she is.

by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2019 3:19 AM

Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 28April 23, 2019 3:22 AM

This talentless copycat is as relevant to the music of today as Meg Ryan is to cinema.

by Anonymousreply 29April 23, 2019 3:40 AM

Oh? So you spend time tracking Meg Ryan news and checking on her box office, as well? Nice hobby.

by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2019 4:10 AM

I noticed that her “British” over-enunciating accent was creeping back. I believe her story about Graham, but Graham probably said something similar to other students. That’s what a teacher, especially an art teacher, does. She figures out what makes a student tick and helps that student to realize an artistic identity.

The most painful part of that was the SAXOPHONE. Take it out your mouth and back away slowly, Madge.

by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2019 4:30 AM

Janbot probably still says she can't dance, when she's been associated with Pearl Lang, and now Martha Graham

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2019 6:11 AM

Here's a picture of them together, how gorgeous is Madonna here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 23, 2019 6:14 AM

[quote]This talentless copycat is as relevant to the music of today as Meg Ryan is to cinema.

The film star I would compare her to is Julia Roberts in terms of cultural impact vs. actual talent.

by Anonymousreply 34April 23, 2019 6:16 AM

And if Julia Roberts is the Madonna of movies, Jennifer homewrecker Aniston is the Britney Spears.

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2019 6:16 AM

This is just so pretentious. I love Madonna but this is cringey. And her lips look weird.

by Anonymousreply 36April 23, 2019 6:25 AM

She shouldn’t have been allowed at Bonnie Franklin’s funeral, never mind Aretha Franklin’s.

by Anonymousreply 37April 23, 2019 6:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!