Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hacking passivity/decision anxiety/self-neglect

In a bid to avoid becoming a codependent NPC I have decided to ask for tips to ease into a determined life.

So spill it. What are the steps you take to move out of seething and starving and superinferiority, and into a life where you can get what you need and want without letting others drag you away or pull you down?

by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2019 3:37 PM

Stop comparing yourself to others and start lifting weights. Get a dog.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2019 11:11 AM

^^i like those ideas. I used to lift tomato soup cans and hang off the door frame in my condo when I was poor. OP may not be allowed dogs where he lives but can always walk a neighbours,

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2019 8:17 AM

Is this like non-sexual incelspeak? Stop reading weird crap on the internet for your first step...

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2019 8:23 AM

Go to Japan! Open yourself, dog! Find out what's happening, get some real shit to worry about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2019 10:33 PM

What's a NPC, OP?

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2019 11:52 PM

^Non-playable Character, R5. It’s a Gen Y/Z slang term to refer to someone who is boring or a non-entity.

by Anonymousreply 6May 20, 2019 10:02 AM

[quote]Stop comparing yourself to others and start lifting weights.

I never compared myself to others as much as I did when I lifted weights among them.

by Anonymousreply 7May 20, 2019 10:06 AM

Mainly you get swag and confidence the more you drink.....Alcoholic self medication drops your inhibitions and makes you more interesting. It can even make you think your more attractive than you are. I always have a 'martini' lunch. Makes the afternoon fly by too!

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2019 11:44 AM

Find a way to volunteer in some area that you really like - maybe something with animals, minor painting of shelters, etc. because you will feel very productive and good about yourself, which will increase your endorphins, etc. - the beginning of a good cycle. In addition, if you volunteer you'll likely be working alongside other people with the same interests/passion and that might help you surround yourself with uplifting people.

by Anonymousreply 9May 20, 2019 11:51 AM

But if the whole alcohol -self medicating thing doesn't workout, def get in the gym, get off social media and realize everybody has same shit issues you do. You have to get some small successes under your belt to make you feel good and more deserving of what you need. I volunteer at my PBS station and love it. I have to seriously MAKE time for it. But I get back way more than I give in my sense of accomplishment, well being and life enrichment.

by Anonymousreply 10May 20, 2019 12:08 PM

[quote]So spill it. What are the steps you take to move out of seething and starving and superinferiority, and into a life where you can get what you need and want without letting others drag you away or pull you down?

Be your most authentic self. Here are four questions you should ask yourself every day to foster authenticity

1. What am I afraid would happen if I shared my experience right now with this person?

2. How will feel if I don’t share what I’m thinking and feeling?

3. If I weren’t afraid, what would I most want to say to this person right now?

4. How can I share this with even more vulnerability?

by Anonymousreply 11May 20, 2019 12:33 PM

R11 lol... Those steps just create more anxiety. Now you'll just sit there and dwell on what the answers to those questions are...

by Anonymousreply 12May 20, 2019 1:53 PM

[8] Yeah, don't do this. This is how alcoholics and addicts are made.

by Anonymousreply 13May 20, 2019 2:09 PM

[quote][R11] lol... Those steps just create more anxiety. Now you'll just sit there and dwell on what the answers to those questions are...

Really?

I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked.

by Anonymousreply 14May 20, 2019 2:23 PM

You have to learn to listen your intuition.

by Anonymousreply 15May 20, 2019 2:28 PM

You aren’t worth it

by Anonymousreply 16May 20, 2019 2:36 PM

R15 like Jewel?

by Anonymousreply 17May 20, 2019 2:38 PM

Go vegan. Tell people about your vegan lifestyle. Let people know you don’t like knowing the animals are sad.

by Anonymousreply 18May 20, 2019 2:38 PM

OP, people like you are just born like that. Not everyone can have "it".

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2019 4:48 AM

r17

Who the fuck is Jewel?

by Anonymousreply 20May 22, 2019 2:58 PM

This is Jewel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2019 3:03 PM

What worked for me was working so much I didn't have time to sit and dwell on my own "worthlessness"- I wasn't worthless but at the time I felt that way. Plus, it gave me more money so once I had moved up the ladder a bit I used that to upgrade my life. Then, I stopped working so much.

I'm guessing that a lot of this is adolescent angst, which will go away as you age.

Figure out how to laugh at yourself and stop being hard on yourself, you're more than likely completely fine.

by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2019 3:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!