Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michelle Williams splits from husband Phil Elverum

Less than a year after they secretly wed, Michelle Williams and musician Phil Elverum have split up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 4, 2019 1:38 PM

She knew how to quit him.

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2019 9:45 PM

WTF? This is just cray cray.

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2019 9:52 PM

well, that's unexpected- - she seems really level headed and careful, not someone who would make a major mistake like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2019 9:57 PM

Why don’t people live together first before marrying ?

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2019 9:59 PM

How long did she know him before marrying?

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2019 10:02 PM

It was way too soon after the death of his wife for it to work.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2019 10:09 PM

Was Williams questioned in that case??

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2019 10:11 PM

Is she morphing into Nicole Kidman

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2019 10:11 PM

Michelle, I feel for you gurl

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2019 10:14 PM

Hopefully Destiny's Child will reunite for a tour. That should keep Michelle Williams busy and out of another flop relationship.

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2019 10:20 PM

Lol.

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2019 10:25 PM

Oh, so she’s nuts on top of being boring.

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2019 10:42 PM

Michelle Williams doesn't have a good record of maintaining relationships. Didn't she break up with Heath Ledger not long before his accidental drug overdose?

by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2019 12:48 AM

Phil Elverum? Phil Nasty!

by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2019 1:02 AM

4 Oscar nominations without a win. That can really throw you off balance.

by Anonymousreply 15April 20, 2019 5:18 AM

I think it was symbolic more than anything- for whatever reason, she seems to reaaallly identify with the grieving widow thing (even though she was already split with Health *before* he died) and then here comes this guy who's a grieving widower and they're like perfect, mirror images of each other.

Even though his was fresh and hers happened 11 years ago. But whatever.

Anyway it doesn't really seem like she's had a serious, longterm relationship (beyond a 9-10 month kinda thing) with anyone since Heath so my guess is that she plays the sad widow card to cover up the fact that she has intimacy issues and may not be that interested in dating or being with a guy longterm-ever again.

She seems to get way more out of being a mom. Maybe that's enough.

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2019 5:54 AM

Gwen Verdon gave her the strength to move on.

by Anonymousreply 17April 20, 2019 6:05 AM

R13 They broke up 2 years before.

by Anonymousreply 18April 20, 2019 6:08 AM

She was in a serious relationship with Jason Segel. I think her bff Busy Phillips introduced them and Jason was even photographed with Michelle and Heath's daughter, Matilda.

by Anonymousreply 19April 20, 2019 6:09 AM

Wasn't she publicly engaged to a completely different dude, Andrew Youmans his name was I think, then it came out she married a complete different guy? Insane.

by Anonymousreply 20April 20, 2019 6:13 AM

I never paid much attention to her dating life until after Heath. The DM always has pictures of her; she's been in a ton of relationships that don't last. She must have had relationships with at least 8 guys, and those are only the ones that are known publicly. Spike Jonze, Jason Siegel, some writer, Cary Fukunaga, among others. I'm surprised she's never been called out because they have been pictured with her kid. I knew this wouldn't last because she was dating someone else a few months before. I wonder if this is a result of Ledger or if he was the same sort of relationship, but she happened to get pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 21April 20, 2019 6:15 AM

She's got huge daddy issues. That one GQ cover story where she was in her bra and panties, she cries when asked about him. He's a republican politician, right?

by Anonymousreply 22April 20, 2019 6:16 AM

Well that's embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 23April 20, 2019 6:34 AM

Did she make it past 10 months with Segel though? I can't remember...

by Anonymousreply 24April 20, 2019 6:44 AM

Broken marriage. Fosse/Verdon airing. Emmy campaigning already underway. Well played young lady.

by Anonymousreply 25April 20, 2019 7:18 AM

You leave my girl alone or I will cut you!

by Anonymousreply 26April 20, 2019 7:39 AM

She seems lile she could benefit from therapy. I dont care about her one way or another,but, she needs to get her life in order. Focus on her self healing from whatever ghosts haunt her (both living and dead) , be a good stable mother to a child that has suffered enough, and get her career back on track. She has some talent left no need to not have quality projects in the works.

by Anonymousreply 27April 20, 2019 10:36 AM

by Anonymousreply 28April 20, 2019 10:36 AM

Girl is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 29April 20, 2019 11:09 AM

I often wonder how this affects her daughter. She often introduces these guys to Matilda and then a few months later they are gone. She seems a happy kid in pictures, but still.

by Anonymousreply 30April 20, 2019 12:01 PM

She's been going through guys like I go through underwear and having them all around his daughter. That's unhealthy af. Interestingly enough she's never been called on it. I guess it must be the 'poor Michelle' widow image she embraced that makes everyone give her a free pass on her bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 31April 20, 2019 12:11 PM

^^her daughter

by Anonymousreply 32April 20, 2019 12:12 PM

Seriously, at this point she and Busy should just be a couple. Obviously, no man can compete with her.

by Anonymousreply 33April 20, 2019 2:09 PM

Didn't even know they were married. Is she still doing the Brooklyn hipster thing?

by Anonymousreply 34April 20, 2019 2:10 PM

r22 is correct. Her issue isn't Heath (though that situation didn't things any easier) it's her dad. I think she was already going through men since before Heath as well.

by Anonymousreply 35April 20, 2019 2:16 PM

[Quote] Anyway it doesn't really seem like she's had a serious, longterm relationship (beyond a 9-10 month kinda thing) with anyone since Heath so my guess is that she plays the sad widow card to cover up the fact that she has intimacy issues and may not be that interested in dating or being with a guy longterm-ever again.

Hmm I wonder if that's because she was one of Harvey's girls.

by Anonymousreply 36April 20, 2019 2:18 PM

Elvrum is pretty obscure even by indie rock standards, though the record he made after his wife's death got some positive attention. I wonder how they met.

by Anonymousreply 37April 20, 2019 2:27 PM

WHET Jason Segel?

by Anonymousreply 38April 20, 2019 2:37 PM

She is one of the most boring actresses ever. I understand that she possesses some skill and talent in her chosen profession and I can respect that and not argue against it.

She is just so charisma free and boring that I can’t watch or enjoy anything she is in; it’s like watching paint dry anytime she is on screen.

I recognize that she is not a “bad” actress and that she works hard, but her personal blandness overwhelmes me and I can’t/don’t want to watch anything she is in. Any time she is on screen, the film or series suddenly feels dead and lifeless to me.

I feel bad about it (because everyone says she is *so amazing*) but I can’t help it.

by Anonymousreply 39April 20, 2019 2:50 PM

They both lost their partners. That alone can bring two people together but it can't keep them together.

by Anonymousreply 40April 20, 2019 3:05 PM

Really R39? I feel the opposite- I find her to elevate the material.

Loved her in the Marilyn Monroe film, Brokeback, Blue Valentine, the film about Lucy and a Dog, and for christ sake she was truly hilarious in I Feel Pretty (and underrated gem in my opinion)

by Anonymousreply 41April 20, 2019 3:10 PM

I Feel Pretty sadly sucked.

by Anonymousreply 42April 20, 2019 3:13 PM

She's an amazing actress, totally not boring. Even in tiny supporting roles she steals scenes.

Anybody seen her in The Station Agent? (great little indie movie too)

by Anonymousreply 43April 20, 2019 3:22 PM

R39 I think it comes down to she has interesting facial features. That set her apart somewhat..

by Anonymousreply 44April 20, 2019 3:23 PM

These articles have a way of coming back to haunt you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 20, 2019 3:28 PM

I'm looking forward to Williams/Elverum to find out the truth!

by Anonymousreply 46April 20, 2019 5:45 PM

R38 he's long been rumoured l to be a drunk. Supposedly this was why Michelle dumped him. But before that she had actually introduced him to Heath's parents. I wonder what they make of this.

by Anonymousreply 47April 20, 2019 6:06 PM

Will she still get to do her winsome gamine tragic queen routine?

by Anonymousreply 48April 20, 2019 6:11 PM

Who is she again?

by Anonymousreply 49April 20, 2019 6:12 PM

Even though she often chooses offbeat roles, she's still a Hollywood actress. She must have tons more money than him, he's just been putting out DIY releases on his own label in Anacortes WA for ages. That's bound to create some tension eventually.

by Anonymousreply 50April 20, 2019 6:20 PM

LOL she's a lesbian.

And Jason Segal is also gay. He dated Jason Collins when he was younger and have been on and off for bang bros for decades. Boy that's not a duo id wanna see in bed haha.

by Anonymousreply 51April 20, 2019 6:24 PM

From the Hollywood lesbians 2 thread:

Some weird shit is up with Michelle Williams. They said she was dating Jonathan Foer for two years but not ONE SINGLE pic exists of them publicly and they're both highly visible people in Brooklyn. Always thought that was creepy and fake. Then a year ago she was engaged to some finance guy and taking family vacations with him. Then, out of nowhere, she announces she's married to someone else this Phil Evergreen guy. And now THEY'RE divorced.

Something smells fishy. Im guessing she's a lesbian. Haircut. All this smoke. Busy rumors. Adds up.

by Anonymousreply 52April 20, 2019 6:26 PM

This is a bit strange. Williams doesn't strike me as the type to have these brief types of marriages. Wonder why she married him to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 53April 20, 2019 6:31 PM

Fosse Verdon!

by Anonymousreply 54April 20, 2019 6:55 PM

Doesn't he have a kid too? Maybe the kids weren't getting along well.

by Anonymousreply 55April 20, 2019 7:02 PM

He's got a 3 yo daughter. I wouldn't be so quick to put it on him seeing her track record. She clearly can't stay with a man for long.

by Anonymousreply 56April 20, 2019 7:06 PM

There were rumors that she's a total cunt a few years ago. Not the nice and quiet person everyone believes her to be. They could've been total bs obviously but for whatever reason I believed them. That said that was probably before I realized sites like CDAN are mostly filled with lies.

by Anonymousreply 57April 20, 2019 7:17 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 20, 2019 7:30 PM

Did she really cry in the audience when she lost the Oscar to Natalie Portman? Like she ever had a chance to win that year.

by Anonymousreply 59April 20, 2019 7:36 PM

Yeah so last year in January she was engaged with that ^^ guy and in July married to Elverum. wtf is wrong with this woman.

by Anonymousreply 60April 20, 2019 7:36 PM

Jake and Heath were lovers. So Michelle might be lesbian or bi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 20, 2019 7:41 PM

Nah, she seems to like dick a little [italic]too much[/italic] in fact which in itself isn't a problem except when you're the mother of a half orphan kid and you bring all those dudes around her. Also she looked crazy in love with Heath when they were together although to be fair Jake looked like he was crushing a little on the guy too. Maybe they fucked behind her back. Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 62April 20, 2019 8:01 PM

Jake looks super cute at R61.

by Anonymousreply 63April 20, 2019 8:03 PM

r59 Are you referring to that blind item that everyone guessed was her where after losing, she went to the bathroom and broke down? I think that was the following year when she lost to Meryl.

by Anonymousreply 64April 20, 2019 11:18 PM

The dude she was engaged to before this guy was different from anybody she ever dated. Corporate businessman, older etc. Every other guy she's been with has been basically the hipster type.

by Anonymousreply 65April 20, 2019 11:25 PM

R64 I thought it was Natalie but I could be wrong. I know it’s no fun to lose, but she has never been the front runner in her 4 nominations, so if I were Michelle I’d be thinking about the after parties instead of getting up on stage.

by Anonymousreply 66April 20, 2019 11:41 PM

[Quote] I often wonder how this affects her daughter. She often introduces these guys to Matilda and then a few months later they are gone.

That shit is never fun. You start getting attached and then they're gone.

by Anonymousreply 67April 21, 2019 3:05 AM

I think she's a very good actress too. If you had asked me around 2014ish, I would have told you she was one of the greats, thanks to all the strategic and aggressive campaigns Harvey had going- along with some really well chosen parts that were tailor made for her.

But I agree with the posters above to have correctly noted that she basically trots out the same performance in every role. The 'winsome gamine tragic queen' schtick R48 was talking about.

She's aging out of that now- that's ingenue stuff and it's getting harder and harder for Hollywood to slot her into roles for mature, adult females that she can pull off. Because she doesn't want to let go of all the woebegone Mia Farrow stuff.

It really turned for me when I saw her onstage. I saw her in that pedo play with Jeff Daniels- "Blackbird" I think it was called? Neither of them were very good. You 100% know that you're watching a film/tv actress when you see her up there, she has NO presence at all, can't project for shit and her she didn't made strong physical choices. Halfway through the show you could feel that she wasn't into it and was totally checking out.

Daniels was just miscast.

by Anonymousreply 68April 21, 2019 6:46 AM

Jen Lindley was my fave out of the DC gang. And I loved her friendship with Jack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 21, 2019 10:07 AM

The actress who burst into tears was NOT Michelle but Rooney Mara who thought she would win for Dragon Tattoo that year. Her mother who attended was also balling her eyes out lol. These rich spoiled people live in a fantasy world I tell you.

by Anonymousreply 70April 21, 2019 6:35 PM

R70 considering she had even less of a chance of winning than Michelle, true.

by Anonymousreply 71April 21, 2019 6:45 PM

actors should not get married or be parents and they don't know how to be friends

by Anonymousreply 72April 21, 2019 6:59 PM

I hate her eye color, looks like greenish-brown diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 73April 21, 2019 7:08 PM

R70 That's hilarious because Rooney Mara is a terrible actress. I rarely avoid films because of actors, if the subject matter interests me I will watch it. Rooney Mara is the exception. And Katie Holmes as well.

by Anonymousreply 74April 21, 2019 7:10 PM

Matilda looks unhappy in some of those pictures. I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle is mysteriously murdered.

by Anonymousreply 75April 21, 2019 7:17 PM

She's not a relationship oriented person. It's not a big deal really, but for some reason is a sin for women.

by Anonymousreply 76April 21, 2019 7:26 PM

That's fine R76...but maybe don't marry random people if that's the case. I have to wonder how long these two even knew each other. Their lives seem totally incompatible.

by Anonymousreply 77April 21, 2019 7:35 PM

I got the impression that she didn't want to take on somebody else's child, a 3 year old no less. There were a few pictures of them all out together and there wasn't a lot of warmth from her towards his daughter. A lot of pap pictures with her and her daughter, never with the stepdaughter. She is practically a baby and has no mother, you'd think Michelle would've stepped up.

by Anonymousreply 78April 21, 2019 8:27 PM

r76 why did most of these guys get to meet her daughter though? All those new daddies coming and going in her life...

by Anonymousreply 79April 21, 2019 8:37 PM

[quote]r55 Doesn't he have a kid too? Maybe the kids weren't getting along well.

[quote]r56 He's got a 3 yo daughter.

The squalling little brat fucked everything up.

by Anonymousreply 80April 21, 2019 8:41 PM

R21 Does DM show pics of her kids face? Because they have a policy against showing kid's faces unless a parent gives them permission.

by Anonymousreply 81April 21, 2019 8:54 PM

R78 Not every woman is wired to care for other people's kids. Both Sandra Bullock and Halle Berry were widely lauded for being surrogate mothers to their husbands children from previous relationships. But eventually, in both cases, the women dumped the stepkids the minute the relationship ended.

by Anonymousreply 82April 21, 2019 8:59 PM

R70 Rooney Mara is a weirdo. I remember some blind items about her being a cutter + she dates Joaquim Phoenix.

by Anonymousreply 83April 21, 2019 9:01 PM

R83 Oh no, cutters are the worst. "I cut myself to feeelll, look are you looking? The pain on the inside matches the outside! ". Though to be fair , they are still less obnoxious than anorexics.

by Anonymousreply 84April 21, 2019 9:03 PM

R81, they always show her daughter's face.

R82, that's fine, but she shouldn't have married a man with a motherless child. It's not good for her kid either to have men in and out if her life.

by Anonymousreply 85April 21, 2019 11:55 PM

[quote]r84 cutters are the worst .... to be fair, they are still less obnoxious than anorexics.

Agreed. At least cutters have the good taste to cover up their sickness (long sleeves, knee socks, etc.)

The skeletal anorexics are more in your face about their attention seeking. You're [italic]forced[/italic] to look at it.

by Anonymousreply 86April 22, 2019 12:06 AM

R82 did they have a choice? Maybe Jesse stopped Sandra from seeing them.

by Anonymousreply 87April 22, 2019 3:56 AM

r87 right?!

by Anonymousreply 88April 22, 2019 7:48 PM

Maybe he got sick of Busy watching through a peephole while they fucked?

by Anonymousreply 89April 22, 2019 8:03 PM

LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 90April 23, 2019 8:38 PM

She's a train waiting to wreck.

by Anonymousreply 91April 23, 2019 9:41 PM

R91 if she does I bet it will be kept under wraps.

by Anonymousreply 92April 24, 2019 6:11 AM

She seems like a good mother. I have a cousin who has 2 children, both conceived after 2 weeks with the dad, both broken up before the kid can crawl. Has a new man every 3 months (my family, love of my life, whole nine yards). I don't think Matilda meeting her mom's boyfriends is bad as long as Michelle isn't acting like every guy is "our family".

by Anonymousreply 93April 24, 2019 7:52 AM

The person who was supposed to have broken down in the bathroom after they lost the Oscar to M was Viola Davis (poor Viola as M would say.)

It was just a blind item. Probably didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 94April 24, 2019 8:12 AM

I loathe her fucking haircut. It’s so goddamn twee and annoying and she’s HAD it for 20 years now.

by Anonymousreply 95April 24, 2019 1:49 PM

I don't like her and never have. She is fucking bland. She got where she is due to a junkies death even though they had broken up much earlier to Heath's OD. And maybe with a boost from Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 96April 24, 2019 2:11 PM

If Michelle was a lesbian, why wouldn't she be out about it? I'm not really sure that being out in 2019 would really negatively affect her career at this point.

by Anonymousreply 97April 24, 2019 2:35 PM

R95 she's had worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 24, 2019 3:28 PM

R97 How naive of you. Ian McKellen said half of Hollywood is gay. How many celebrities have publicly came out? And where are the rest? Do the math.

by Anonymousreply 99April 24, 2019 4:27 PM

Michelle been gay since she was a bull dyke on Dawson's Creek. My word that chic was a lesbian.

Also she was dating Maggie Gyllenhaal for a while in Brooklyn. Who is also a gay woman.

by Anonymousreply 100April 24, 2019 6:00 PM

I hate that celebs wanna live in Brooklyn now. Ugh.

Keri Russell lives in Brooklyn part time too. I’ve helped her a few times in my store. She always comes with her litter of kids that trash everything lol

by Anonymousreply 101April 24, 2019 6:10 PM

She’s an exquisite and turned out actress. Whoever said she’s aging out of the tragic gamine shit is really reaching. She can do all kinds of things. A thoroughbred.

by Anonymousreply 102April 24, 2019 6:19 PM

Lol@dating Maggie Gyllenhaal, also a gay woman.

by Anonymousreply 103April 24, 2019 6:20 PM

R101 this really affirms my long time, seemingly irrational hatred of Keri Russell. I refuse to watch any movie or show with that soggy piece of dull cardboard. I got so sick of hearing all the praise heaped on this Debbie Dullard for that spy show.

by Anonymousreply 104April 24, 2019 6:21 PM

R104 she’s actually quite sweet. Very humble and down to earth. Looks you in your eye as she speaks to you and is very soft spoken, feminine and kind.

Minus that she lets her kids run rampant

by Anonymousreply 105April 24, 2019 6:23 PM

Also, I mention she looks you in your eye cause I’ve met celebs that don’t and speak condescendingly or have their “people” with them to do the speaking. She goes out alone with her kids and was very sweet. Smiling a lot and all.

I knew it was her the first time but didn’t wanna bother her. I helped her and acted like she was a normal human vs a famous actress and she seemed to appreciate that vs. the people that kept coming up to her to say hi. I finally broke the ice when my co-worker (In Spanish) said she looks like Felicity, and I said cause it is Felicity lol. She heard me and smiled and I said “you’re Keri Russell right?” And she said yes and shook my hand lol. I told her I loved Felicity when it was on and own the DVDs and she said cool but she looked enthused when I said I love The Americans. You can tell she is probably sick of being known as “Felicity” vs her other work.

by Anonymousreply 106April 24, 2019 6:27 PM

R95 = Dame Emma

by Anonymousreply 107April 24, 2019 6:30 PM

R105 r106 aww that's very sweet. I still hate her however.

by Anonymousreply 108April 24, 2019 6:30 PM

R108 I like her. I grew up with her. She was on MMC

by Anonymousreply 109April 24, 2019 6:32 PM

R87, Eric Benet's daughter tried to reach out to Halle and was rebuffed.

by Anonymousreply 110April 24, 2019 8:14 PM

No R36, maybe she is lesbo and straight guys don't measure up. They are a pain in the ass

by Anonymousreply 111April 24, 2019 8:19 PM

If she's les, why does she keep dating & marrying guys? She's almost 40. Sounds like something she needs to work out.

by Anonymousreply 112April 24, 2019 8:34 PM

R109, MMC??

by Anonymousreply 113April 24, 2019 9:25 PM

She’s not gay, she’s a top actress with her own money and a daughter she’s obviously good with. Why does she need a f/t partner? She’s also a fucking babe and can date around. All this said. She does seem a bit gay.

by Anonymousreply 114April 24, 2019 9:25 PM

R111 I'm not buying it.

by Anonymousreply 115April 25, 2019 6:05 AM

Remember when Mike Vogel fucked her doggystyle then gave her a creampie in Blue Valentine? His bouncing butt only showing the crack unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 116April 25, 2019 6:13 AM

I don't think she's a lesbian, just screwed up when it comes to men. I remember reading that she always wanted kids close together, but obviously it didn't happen. I thought she married to the guy to have more kids, guess not. One comment on the DM said she caught him cheating in her Ditmas Park house with her trainer. Doesn't sound too believable.

by Anonymousreply 117April 25, 2019 6:28 AM

R113 Mickey Mouse Club

by Anonymousreply 118April 25, 2019 7:20 AM

I remember a psychology professor discussing how people who have a spouse die often have lots of problems with their next dates due to all the feelings involved with the first person who died.

She was pretty devoted to Ledger. Even their breakup was more of a tough love type of thing. I read she drove him to a rehab in Pennsylvania and then he refused to go in. After that she felt she had done all she could do and also felt the kid needed to be away from him because of how erratic he was.

I always thought it was telling how the Ledger family remained so close with her. At the funeral the parents entered together and she entered arm and arm with Ledger's sister.

There also was no money fighting. Ledger died without having updated his will so the sister got everything. She immediately put all the funds in trust for the daughter once the will cleared probate.

by Anonymousreply 119April 25, 2019 9:05 AM

What was the deal with Ledger and the Olsen twins?

by Anonymousreply 120April 25, 2019 9:32 AM

One of them is allegedly a high end dealer, R120, (or pretty close to it) which she does for high end friends/high society druggies. She allegedly supplied Heath with some of the drugs and it was her security guard that originally found his body and called *her* first and then she told the bodyguard to call 911 (and probably get rid of some stuff before they got there...).

This is all rumor, but the call from the bodyguard to the Olsen girl and her then instructing him to call 911 is a matter of public record (in all the papers that reported on the death at the time).

by Anonymousreply 121April 25, 2019 10:07 AM

R121 I remember. I was just wondering if they were dating or just liked to party together because there were also articles about LiLo being "devastated" after his death.

by Anonymousreply 122April 25, 2019 10:49 PM

R122 Lilo would do anything for press.

by Anonymousreply 123April 25, 2019 10:55 PM

R123 lol true. I don't think he was in her fuck book either.

by Anonymousreply 124April 25, 2019 11:37 PM

Did Michelle and Ryan Gosling fuck? Anyone else notice when they were both nominated for Oscars a couple years ago that they basically ignored each other? They were going on during the Blue Valentine press tour about how that experience would keep them close (I know, usual PR,but still...) but the whole awards season it was like they didn't know each other at all. Not a single picture taken together. Found that weird.

by Anonymousreply 125April 26, 2019 12:24 AM

r125 We know she gave him a boner, so he definitely wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 126April 26, 2019 12:51 AM

R125 sounds like typical pr bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 127April 26, 2019 7:30 AM

I find her SO dry as an actress. Maudlin and unconvincing. She does this thing with her mouth where she purses her lips and it kind of sogs at the edges. It's somewhere between a smile, frown and a grimace and she does it in most scenes she performs.

She's also often terrible at transforming. Her dreadful 'period' accents in both 'Fosse and Verdon' and 'Chicago', the abysmal attempt at British in 'Me Without You', her tepid and flaccid performance as the biggest sex symbol of all time Marilyn Monroe.

I think she's a bit better in small quirky comedy roles (like The Station Agent, Synecdoche NY, Take This Waltz). Every normal dramatic lead is a terrible combination of being too boring AND still coming across as fake.

As for her weird Halle Berry esque personal life, I can believe the stories about her being a lesbian. It's not my place to comment on the parenting of others but I just hope her kid isn't getting too attached to these stepfather surrogates, as is quite common.

by Anonymousreply 128April 26, 2019 1:45 PM

So apparently people on gossip sites think she's having an affair with Rockwell and that's why her camp dropped the split announcement. Let's see if something comes out of that.

by Anonymousreply 129April 26, 2019 3:45 PM

Rockwell is engaged to a former CW actress, R129, isn’t he? Leslie something? I have to look it up...

by Anonymousreply 130April 26, 2019 4:03 PM

Okay, here it is, he has been with actress Leslie Bibb for several years....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 26, 2019 4:11 PM

r131 She usually promotes Sam's projects and I don't think she's mentioned Fosse/Verdon. Hmm.....

by Anonymousreply 132April 26, 2019 11:16 PM

r131 On her instagram I mean.

by Anonymousreply 133April 26, 2019 11:20 PM

She is so boring! Her appearance and in movies.

How on earth does she have a career?

by Anonymousreply 134April 26, 2019 11:22 PM

I don't think Rockwell wants anything to do with kids. That's why he and his gf have lasted so long. They may be fucking though.

by Anonymousreply 135April 26, 2019 11:25 PM

I agree, R134; I have thought this for the longest time...

by Anonymousreply 136April 26, 2019 11:49 PM

She actually had one of the better, least annoying British accents I’ve ever heard from an American in a few things. Probably because she’s a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 137April 27, 2019 4:58 AM

I can't say that she had much of an impression on me in Shutter Island playing the dead wife of Di Caprio. It may be that her 'boringness' and blandness come from the fact that she appears completely asexual. But that's a problem with so many movie stars of today - a complete lack of any sex appeal.

She made a couple of films with Kelly Reichardt that I want to see.

by Anonymousreply 138April 27, 2019 5:09 AM

She’s not boring, she’s evocative. Creepy before boring.

by Anonymousreply 139April 27, 2019 5:12 AM

Oscar nominee for like like 12 mins of screen time. She obviously has ability to interpret things that are stirring to people. She’s also beautiful. Boring, no. She rivets me.. just watching her face and wondering what she’ll do next.

by Anonymousreply 140April 27, 2019 5:16 AM

She’s too ducklike for that hair.

by Anonymousreply 141April 27, 2019 5:18 AM

R121 and R122 Ledger and Lohan were linked in gossip rags shortly before he died. No idea if the rumors were true.

by Anonymousreply 142April 27, 2019 5:39 AM

She's a closeted lesbian who will never come out.

by Anonymousreply 143April 27, 2019 5:42 AM

Lohan was outed as lesbian by National Enquirer.

by Anonymousreply 144April 27, 2019 5:48 AM

Very noticeable nose job

by Anonymousreply 145April 27, 2019 5:51 AM

The rumor always was that Leslie Bibb and Sam Rockwell were in a lavender arrangement.

by Anonymousreply 146April 27, 2019 6:04 AM

She’s not very educated, so I doubt she knows much about child development and how bringing various men in and out of your child’s life will (negatively) impact them long term. You’d be surprised how ignorant people are and how much they rationale away, especially when it comes to parenting.

So many actresses are just truly terrible mothers, it’s good that many of them don’t have kids or just have 1.

by Anonymousreply 147April 27, 2019 6:04 AM

*rationalize

by Anonymousreply 148April 27, 2019 6:05 AM

Not very well educated? I think she reads a ton.

by Anonymousreply 149April 27, 2019 7:52 AM

She's always been a little weird

by Anonymousreply 150April 27, 2019 9:00 AM

[quote] Ledger and Lohan were linked in gossip rags shortly before he died. No idea if the rumors were true.

They were drug buddies. He might have fucked her, but he never would have claimed her as a girlfriend

by Anonymousreply 151April 27, 2019 9:15 AM

I can remember when TMZ first started they had a clip of Ledger entering some night club that Lohan and her ilk were regulars at. The camera men where there for Lohan and when Ledger walks past the one guy sounding shocked says "that was Heath Ledger."

It was shocking because all the press at that time was that he was at home alone with Michelle taking care of the baby in Brooklyn without any help or a nanny or anything. The cameraman sounded so shocked that he was there. He would be dead shortly after that.

by Anonymousreply 152April 27, 2019 9:20 AM

in case I didn' t make it clear this was a really druggy Hollywood night spot.

The black guy from CSI was always there too and he later had problems.

by Anonymousreply 153April 27, 2019 9:21 AM

[quote]The black guy from CSI

He has a name, and it’s Gary Dourdan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 27, 2019 12:11 PM

How swell that the two chicks from Dawson’s Creek later became movie stars.

by Anonymousreply 155April 27, 2019 12:13 PM

R141 quack quack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 27, 2019 4:49 PM

How many of her oscar nominations were Harvey Weinstein movies? Out of curiosity. I know there was a big deal when she did her nude scene in Marilyn and Harvey made his lone appearance of the entire shoot.

Also when Meryl called Harvey God at the Golden Globes the camera panned and Michelle was actually sitting and nearly slobbering next to Harvey and practically sitting in his lap lol.

by Anonymousreply 157April 27, 2019 8:07 PM

I know she got the Joplin role which was much desired all over town. Was Harv involved with that?

by Anonymousreply 158April 27, 2019 8:09 PM

It all adds up that she's in love with Sam Rockwell. I can see that. She and co stars always get it. Heath. Gaysling. And now the Rock. No other explanation for her marriage splitting so soon is reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 159April 27, 2019 8:19 PM

Ok I have a story, but I'm afraid it's not that interesting because I can't remember many of the details. Anyway, here goes.

I am acquaintances with an A-list actress, whom I have known since long before she was in H-wood. I'm not going to reveal her name, because we are friends enough for me to not want to throw her under the bus, even for this dumb story. Anyway, about 10 years ago when my friend "Actress" was just on the verge of big time, we were at lunch with some friends and she got an email (or text, can't remember) from her publicist (or manager, maybe?) telling her that the publicist had to postpone something that she was going to send Actress that day because Michelle Williams, who was currently at her house in upstate NY or wherever it was, kept calling her saying she was sure someone was following her and the publicist had to drop everything to figure it out for her. Actress looked up from phone and said something along the lines of "Ugh she is so high maintenance and there is always so much drama with her. I guess I'll get my dress choices next week" (or whatever the overdue thing was).

I remember finding the whole thing quite amusing and not terribly flattering for either Michelle Williams or my unsympathetic Actress acquaintance!

by Anonymousreply 160April 27, 2019 8:41 PM

R157 Meryl called him a god? 🤢

R160 lol thanks for sharing. Aren't lots of actors considered to be paranoid though?

by Anonymousreply 161April 28, 2019 2:16 AM

R157 Yes she did. I think the clip is still up on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 162April 28, 2019 2:18 AM

R162 messy

by Anonymousreply 163April 28, 2019 3:25 AM

r154=Annie Sullivan

by Anonymousreply 164April 28, 2019 5:15 AM

R160 That's pretty funny, I would not have pegged Williams as the high maintenance type .

by Anonymousreply 165April 28, 2019 5:24 AM

I'm not convinced of the gay rumors about Williams. She seems slightly asexual, more intuned to being a parent than a romantic partner, but I don't see why she would need to hide being a lesbian. Williams is a low- key indie movie star, not a Disney or hallmark channel actress with a large conservative fan base

by Anonymousreply 166April 28, 2019 5:28 AM

r160 That reminds me the Miss Dunaway masterclass story.

by Anonymousreply 167April 28, 2019 6:05 AM

reminds me OF the Miss Dunaway masterclass story*.

by Anonymousreply 168April 28, 2019 6:07 AM

She’s a neurotic mess.

by Anonymousreply 169April 28, 2019 1:21 PM

She's a black-hole of anti-charisma who makes you want to look anywhere she isn't on screen, even when the only other thing on screen is out-of-focus wallpaper.

by Anonymousreply 170April 28, 2019 1:49 PM

Yes, R170! So true and I have tried *so hard* to like her for years (have friends who like her) but I just don’t. You nailed what the problem is with her!

(And that Marilyn movie with her is *dire*; your comments reminded me how I felt watching that movie...).

by Anonymousreply 171April 28, 2019 1:59 PM

Only lesbians think she's a lez, R66. Why? Her hairstyle (something a straight person would think), and she apparently "pings."

by Anonymousreply 172April 28, 2019 5:14 PM

Williams is tubby and ugly. God was she really considered sexy back in the day. She's a moose.

by Anonymousreply 173April 28, 2019 5:34 PM

R172 Also because of her suspicious dating history and her relationship with Busy Philipps.

by Anonymousreply 174April 29, 2019 4:02 PM

The only recent performance I liked was in that one where Kristen Stewart was courted by a native woman on horseback. Michelle was married to James LeGros and was trying to passive-aggressively grift some rocks from his mother to complete building her dream home. It was a weird and fake performance but she came off as an appropriately highly motivated, vaguely insane Taylor Swift type.

by Anonymousreply 175April 29, 2019 4:40 PM

She's so bland and samey as an actress and has the charisma of a wet rag. If it weren't for Heath knocking her up and then dying turning her into a widow (even though they were both fucking other people when he died) and then being Weinstein's girl she'd have the same career as Katie Holmes

by Anonymousreply 176April 29, 2019 4:48 PM

I hope that Christa McAuffllie movie happens just so I can see MW blow up.

by Anonymousreply 177April 29, 2019 4:55 PM

Michelle Willaims isn't gay. I just watched a movie she did with Ewan McGregor and she was tonging him and nude and it was clear they had real sex.

by Anonymousreply 178May 4, 2019 6:16 AM

[Quote] (even though they were both fucking other people when he died)

Now why doesn't that surprise me?

by Anonymousreply 179May 4, 2019 10:51 AM

I've seen her do interviews and she is not someone I would want to know better or be friends with. She seems very self involved. I don't like her. She's a good actress, but I don't think she's a nice person. She seems like she would be clingy and needy one minute then vicious the next. Not stable. It seems like Matilda is her minder. Heath's family stayed close to her because she would have stopped them from having any relationship with the kids. She used the baby as a bargaining chip with him, telling him they could send the holiday with her then taking her away. When he went to Australia before he died on his last visit with his family he was a wreck. When he died, I did a lot of reading about him, so I remember. I was impressed with him in Brokeback Mountain, and then he was dead and it was shocking to me.

by Anonymousreply 180May 4, 2019 12:24 PM

I meant "kid" not plural, "kids."

by Anonymousreply 181May 4, 2019 12:25 PM

R180 well that all sounds very healthy.

by Anonymousreply 182May 4, 2019 1:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!