Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kelsey Grammer is seen clutching a Frasier script and confirms reboot IS in the works

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134December 16, 2019 12:04 AM

Frasier Crane.

Pompous Madcap or Deadbeat Dad?

You decide!

by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2019 11:02 PM

No Martin-Eddie, no point.

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2019 11:03 PM

😂😂

by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2019 11:12 PM

Desperate.

by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2019 11:19 PM

That show on FOX is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2019 11:26 PM

Oh, no.

Kelsey, cantcha do something else?

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2019 11:36 PM

There is no greater fan of FRASIER than me, and this project needs to be shelved.

The actors are far too old now, and whatever Grammer and the current crop of writers decide the characters have done in the last 15 years won't satisfy viewers who had their own ideas.

And Grammer's remark about Frasier having had 6 other kids in the interim is alarming. Frasier was 50 when the show ended. The idea that he - like Grammer - played Johnny Appleseed into his dotage is revolting and untrue to the character.

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2019 11:39 PM

He didn't raise the first one!

by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2019 11:59 PM

[quote] And Grammer's remark about Frasier having had 6 other kids in the interim is alarming. Frasier was 50 when the show ended. The idea that he - like Grammer - played Johnny Appleseed into his dotage is revolting and untrue to the character.

I'm not certain that is true. Frasier Crane competed with Jerry Seinfeld for having the higher number of red hot chicks as unlikely lovers. Why would Frasier stop? LOTS of seed to spread around there.

[quote] Dr. Frasier Crane dated and/or slept with around 57 women through the 11 seasons the program ran on NBC. Additionally, it’s estimated that Jerry Seinfeld (you know, the other most popular sitcom star of the 90s) dated and/or slept with 73 different partners throughout the show’s tenure. Those numbers are preposterous if not downright gaudy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 18, 2019 12:35 AM

I watched my first episode and love it.

Niles and Frasier are wrestling in a hotel room and Frasier plucks one of Niles’ chest hairs, LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2019 10:07 PM

It has just a good a chance as Will and Grace had. And that show (love it or hate it) hit the ground running and is still going strong. Frazier and Niles and Daphne (not sure if they would be back but the actors very well could sign on) are just older. Everyone gets older. Martin might have died "on the show" too. He was getting up there. Eddie would have died. In short, I think it is simply a matter of if anyone wants to see Frazier in his 60's now. And if the writing is top notch. And whether the show could snag a younger viewer fanbase who were too young for the first go-round.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2019 10:14 PM

It could be targeted on Netflix to the Grace and Frankie age group. Bring back the main three plus Laura Linney.

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2019 10:18 PM

I think this could work if:

- It was kept to 10-13 episodes

- It focused on Frederick, introduced a young character or two to be in Frederick's orbit

- Had Frasier podcasting or somehow bring in the new broadcasting methods, with a producer who would push him into that...maybe Roz would be there too.

- Niles and Daphne would be welcome visitors but shouldn't be in every episode.

- Joe Keenan has to be involved somehow.

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2019 10:20 PM

I didn't pay much attention to Frasier. On Seinfeld. Jerry had a lot of dates but he didn't fuck every one of them by any means. A lot of them were one offs because Jerry was too shallow.

That said, no thanks to more Frasier.

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2019 10:24 PM

Frasier needs some diversity.

by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2019 10:24 PM

Are you suggesting a black Daphne? R15

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2019 11:06 PM

Why do I feel like the only person really eager for a Frasier reboot is Kelsey Grammer?

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2019 11:09 PM

If there's no Nile and Daphne, there's no point.

I'd also need to see the old Crane condo because that's irreplaceable.

by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2019 11:29 PM

Lilith will show up and the show will take off.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2019 11:39 PM

Difficult without Martin. Their relationship was so integral to the show. Also, no mention is made of Niles and Daphne but needless to say, if they aren't on board this reboot should not happen. And lastly, if this is going to focus heavily on Frasier's relationship with Freddie, then the casting of Freddie is paramount. That awful kid who played him on the show should NOT do it. He had no charisma whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2019 12:25 AM

That hot guy who played Murphy Brown’s son is available

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2019 12:55 AM

r10

Niles : My God, I'm having a flashback! You're climbing in my crib and jumping on me!

Frasier : You stole my mommy!

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2019 4:05 AM

Maybe Niles and Frasier reunite for Martin's funeral and it goes from there. Surely it's a given it won't happen without David Hyde Pierce.

And if Frederick is 30 (and a cop? Or another intellectual aesthete? ) there is no shortage of actors who can be cast.

The quality all depends on the writers and showrunners. There's a big boomer audience who will eat this up.

by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2019 4:10 AM

I am rewatching the series now. They could focus on Fredrick, as long as they recast, he is hideous. Also: Alice (Roz's kid), and David, Niles/Daphne's kid born in the finale.

Frederick was a goth who went to computer camp.

by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2019 4:11 AM

"Why do I feel like the only person really eager for a Frasier reboot is Kelsey Grammer?"

There is new scenery to be chewed.

by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2019 4:17 AM

Kelsey Grammer is seen clutching a Frasier script and confirms reboot IS in the works

Camille Donatacci-Grammer-Rich-Husband has just fainted.

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2019 4:20 AM

R24 Thank you for mentioning Alice.

The writing is everything here. But I also need Roz on full time. Peri Gilpin is terrific.

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2019 4:29 AM

Kelsey just received damning reviews in the English National Opera's yearly staged musical. He was The Man Of La Mancha and was accused not sufficiently quixotic in reviews.

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2019 4:52 AM

Fraser should be more like the Martin Crane character and Frederick be a very successful professional. Good looking, grounded, and successful with women. Base the show in LA, with Fraser teaching at a private college. Frederick could come to live with him. Roz and her grown up daughter run a mother and daughter actor’s agency. Roz’s daughter is a carbon copy of Roz. Niles is a consultant on a very successful but campy Psychiatrist show based on both his a Fraser’s life. Daphne works at the college as well as a counsellor having gone back to school now that the kids are grown and studying abroad. They come together to help Fraser who has had some depression and substance issues since Martin’s death. Episode 1 Frederick buys Fraser a dog!

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2019 4:56 AM

This will not end in laughs.

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2019 5:25 AM

If Jean Smart shows up, count me in!

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2019 5:36 AM

[quote] Episode 1 Frederick buys Fraser a dog!

I like that but every new show on the air seems to be about zombies. Zombie-hunter Frasier will probably be chasing undead Lilith to various exotic locales week by week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2019 5:50 AM

r29 Frasier will still be arch and refined but will cringe at Frederick's (a tech guy?) beard and his dive bar hangout and single-speed bicycle.

by Anonymousreply 33May 28, 2019 8:02 AM

I'm sure woody will make a guest appearance.

by Anonymousreply 34May 28, 2019 3:30 PM

R34 because?

by Anonymousreply 35May 28, 2019 3:48 PM

(R29) has the best ideas, bravo, it should start out with Freddy buying Frasier a big dog. Even though Freddy was not athletic and allergic to the outdoors, I think he should be a former NFL kicker now running a sports agency with bulldog and Bebe. Love Dan Butler and Harriet Samson Lewis. And, Jean Smart. Good television.

by Anonymousreply 36May 28, 2019 4:01 PM

r36 Yes, he has great ideas

by Anonymousreply 37May 28, 2019 4:07 PM

Frasier worked best as an ensemble. I've seen a few episodes in reruns, and Kelsey is best when reined in by others.

Episodes focusing on him and trying to date are cringeworthy now.

Jean Smart was great in the screechy shrew character.

If they have to reboot this, Wendie Malick should reprise her role and become part of Frasier's core family, given her time with Martin.

by Anonymousreply 38May 28, 2019 4:16 PM

((r37) oh my my hostile little queeniac. What did I say that rated an oh my, you nasty little faux grammarian. Or Grammerian, pun intended, you luddite.

by Anonymousreply 39May 28, 2019 4:23 PM

John Mahoney made the show work. It's hard to see what the heart of a reboot would be. Frasier can't be a Marty -- his constant preening and flouncing are essential to his character.

by Anonymousreply 40May 28, 2019 4:26 PM

Frederick would have to be like Marty for the chemistry to work--although a fussy older dad and hip young son is hardly breaking new territory.

Without John Mahoney, I don't think the show will work. The chemistry of a cast is a delicate balance.

by Anonymousreply 41May 28, 2019 4:42 PM

Do the cast even like each other? Given how unbearable it must have been to work with Grammer at the height of his substance abuse. I get a feeling it's going to be like the Arrested Development reboot with no one that enthusiastic and some of them only turning up for 30 seconds of contractual screen time.

by Anonymousreply 42May 28, 2019 4:44 PM

Oh God, I wish the AD reboot never happened. I pretend it didn't and just watch the first three seasons.

by Anonymousreply 43May 28, 2019 4:45 PM

Wasn’t the “oh my” in the ‘posted by’ slot above actually a Frasier catch-phrase?

by Anonymousreply 44May 28, 2019 5:33 PM

This is a horrible idea, but if I'm honest, as long as they involve Harriet Sansom-Harris, I will watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 28, 2019 5:52 PM

Bebe was the best. If there's more Bebe, the show will work.

Not much love for Roz on this thread but I thought she was great. Never once nominated for an Emmy as far as I can remember. A shame.

by Anonymousreply 46May 28, 2019 6:00 PM

Crusty the GOPig Douche should stick to chewing scenery in regional theatre.

He's a hardcore Rethug and his presence in the new X-Men is painful enough.

by Anonymousreply 47May 28, 2019 6:09 PM

loved bebe...the epi about her quitting smoking was hilarious. the whole show was pants peeing funny....i was not such a "Martin is/was a god" fan......at all. i just keep seeing him in Suspect..... the hot and foamy epi: TooFunny. I think Niles and Fraiser's back and forth made the show.....

i think i watched ONE epi of the new/old will and grace and that was it for me.....i love megan mull-whatever the fuck her name is but her voice is just torture...... will and grace, Murphy brown, now this? No thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 28, 2019 7:20 PM

R36 Love it. Was a big fan of the Bebe and Bulldog characters. Making Frederick a complete opposite of Frasier is a must. It will make Frasier sarcastic and a bit curmudgeonly.

by Anonymousreply 49May 28, 2019 7:22 PM

Roz Flambé.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 28, 2019 7:30 PM

How surprising he goes back to the well again. That's because Frasier Crane is more famous than Kelsey Grammer.

by Anonymousreply 51May 28, 2019 8:06 PM

Huge fan of Martin here and not sure if it could work without him. He wasn’t just different than Niles and Frasier, he was often wiser, and that drove them nuts.

Plus, I think I’d be constantly waiting for Martin to enter and it would sadden me.

by Anonymousreply 52May 28, 2019 9:03 PM

Roz behaved exactly like most gay men in her personal life and for that alone she should be a gay icon.

I always thought she would be a blast as a friend.

by Anonymousreply 53May 28, 2019 9:28 PM

Roz was great and is essential. Bebe would be great to have back. Of course Bulldog as well. Love the idea of Malick being around, then we'd have both her and Jane Leeves. But again, it's the casting of Freddie that's essential. That kid who played him was so unlikeable. This time it needs to be someone very charismatic.

by Anonymousreply 54May 29, 2019 12:50 AM

Roz was a great character for the first five or six seasons of the show, but then they ran out of things for her to do. In the last season of the show, Roz has no character arc and does almost nothing of consequence; she is used only for sad exposition.

by Anonymousreply 55May 29, 2019 1:14 AM

Personally I thought the young man who portrayed Frederick did just fine as child actors go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 29, 2019 2:18 AM

Watched one episode and never again as David Hyde Pierce was so gay there was no way in hell he could play a straight character.

by Anonymousreply 57May 29, 2019 2:22 AM

Unpopular opinion - I loathed Jane Leeves.

by Anonymousreply 58May 29, 2019 2:25 AM

I was wondering when the flouncing, hissy fit having, foot stomping queen would come in screaming about how "evil" Kelsey is and along comes r47. Using name calling really doesn't fit you, try some therapy.

by Anonymousreply 59May 29, 2019 4:29 AM

oh gosh. Not again.

by Anonymousreply 60May 29, 2019 12:55 PM

Ooh, pissy little R59 has had her delicate sensibilities soiled by a comment! Heaven forfend, the poor little Rethug-supporting pantywaist cannot abide a disparaging word for her favorite Trump-loving thespian!

Although your post is so grammatically inept, you're not worth replying to, you slithering cunt crumb, nevertheless, R59, you've painting a clearly autobiographical portrait of your hyphen-inept prissy self. Back to your Eldergays for Trump posts, missy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 29, 2019 5:44 PM

R59's dearly beloved Kelsey (who shall not be bismearched under HER watch!) on Trump:

“In terms of policy, I don’t have a lot of problems with what he’s doing,” he said of the president.

“He’s a bit of a brat, I guess you could say, and that is astounding for people, especially who come from the more liberal side of politics — they’re used to being the brats and so they’ve just never had anybody come back at them the same way,” Mr. Grammer explained. “We’ve witnessed in American politics the same basic language since Ronald Reagan has been attached to every conservative president, but this is the first guy that ever fires back and so it’s really unpleasant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 29, 2019 5:47 PM

“I’m not aware of taking a [career] hit for it but now, certainly passions run high, and certainly he has touched on an extraordinarily passionate response," Grammer said. "I don't know if it's as serious or horrible as everybody wants it to be."

KELSEY GRAMMER SPOTTED HOLDING A 'FRASIER' SCRIPT SPARKS REBOOT RUMORS

The journalist pressed the 64-year-old further and said, "I was wondering whether you thought the sort of, many people believe this sort of fabric is being disrupted."

"Well, I think fabric being disrupted is a good thing," he said. "I don’t think Washington didn't do us any favors for the last 50, 60 years, I think they’ve all been sort of the same party, the same bunch of clowns, the same bunch of really unpleasant people."

The "Frasier" star continued to express how he doesn't believe politicians help "anybody but themselves."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 29, 2019 5:48 PM

Praise be! R59's Trumpian Savior!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 29, 2019 5:50 PM

[quote]Although your post is so grammatically inept, you're not worth replying to, you slithering cunt crumb, nevertheless, R59, you've painting a clearly autobiographical portrait of

I love irony.

by Anonymousreply 65May 29, 2019 6:03 PM

#metoo will end up derailing this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 29, 2019 6:21 PM

R63 Remember this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 29, 2019 6:23 PM

R63 And this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 29, 2019 6:24 PM

He's a victim! A victim! The poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 69May 29, 2019 6:27 PM

R57, Frasier’s character was just as effeminate and prissy and Kelsey’s straight in real life.

by Anonymousreply 70May 29, 2019 6:31 PM

R57 is seen clutching her pearls and confirms her rehab IS in the works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 29, 2019 7:14 PM

Grammer’s a professional victim. The world is out to get him. Remember how whiny he got when the Frasier finale didn’t get the same level of media attention as the Friends finale? He claimed it was all NBC’s fault for not promoting them equally. Sorry, Kelsey, but viewers just weren’t as invested in your romances of the week as they were in Ross and Rachel. Unfair maybe but the public wants what it wants.

by Anonymousreply 72May 30, 2019 11:54 AM

R13 Frederick should look good with his shirt off.

by Anonymousreply 73May 30, 2019 12:22 PM

R 79. Not true. I remember an interview with John Mahoney where he said that Kelsey is absolutely nothing like Frasier.

by Anonymousreply 74May 30, 2019 12:34 PM

I can’t get over how many members of Grammer’s family were murdered or died in freak accidents.

by Anonymousreply 75May 30, 2019 12:44 PM

[quote]R 79. Not true.

Are you posting from the future?

Can you give us the winning Megaball numbers?

by Anonymousreply 76May 30, 2019 12:52 PM

Someone get the fainting couch and smelling salts for r61, she done snapped. Poor dear. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 77May 30, 2019 2:48 PM

R59 here, I'm neither a trump supporter nor do I watch Fox News. How sad a world r61 must live in if it can't conveniently pigeonhole people for its convenience.

by Anonymousreply 78May 30, 2019 3:00 PM

I don't know, how many years can one play the same character? Frasier had a long run, it was played out by the end. It could work if they focus on the kids, but Daphne and Nile should not be on every ep. The original show went down hill when they got together. Absolutely no chemistry and they were insufferable together.

by Anonymousreply 79May 30, 2019 3:34 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 30, 2019 3:40 PM

[quote]but Daphne and Nile should not be on every ep. The original show went down hill when they got together. Absolutely no chemistry and they were insufferable together.

God yes!

Or do to Daphne what they did to Maris, make her unseen. Niles (alone) is integral.

by Anonymousreply 81May 30, 2019 3:56 PM

R78 is permanently perched on this thread and no others, which is odd enough. To have to proclaim his non-Trumpian stance proves otherwise.

An easily offended snit who can't abide chiding of a Rethuglicunt actor, the poor thing still can't afford to buy a hyphen.

Prisspot R78/R59 is the one who needs smelling salts, R77, you ninny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 30, 2019 4:57 PM

Niles and Daphne should be divorced but still pining for each other, to recreate the original dynamic.

And Frederick should be interested in Roz' daughter.

by Anonymousreply 83May 30, 2019 5:05 PM

R72 Friends was also a bigger hit and a pop culture phenomenon in a way that Frasier was not.

by Anonymousreply 84May 30, 2019 5:23 PM

Fun thread with fun ideas tossed around.

by Anonymousreply 85May 30, 2019 5:50 PM

[quote]I don't know, how many years can one play the same character?

Hold my beer...

by Anonymousreply 86May 30, 2019 8:42 PM

[quote]Fun thread with fun ideas tossed around.

Like salad and scrambled eggs?

by Anonymousreply 87May 30, 2019 8:43 PM

I think it could work, because even when the characters were young, they were kind of old. He could still be doing a radio show. Maybe Frederick is a lazy, unmotivated man. (You know what they say about psychiatrists' kids. He had two psychiatrist parents.) Lilith might be a helicopter parent hovering over her millennial son like he's a toddler. She and Frasier would still argue like cats and dogs about their son.

Niles and Daphne could have a kid who would be about 14 now.

But Frazier can't live alone in that huge apartment. At the end of the first episode, he says goodnight to everyone at the station, goes home, opens the door, and there is Roz. Or Lilith. Or...Diane? For this to work, it has to be someone who gets along with Frazier but does NOT get along with Niles. And they're still forced to interact because of the family connection.

I'd rather see a Cheers reboot. If those people were still spending all day in a bar after 20 years, that would be sad...but hilarious, too.

by Anonymousreply 88May 30, 2019 8:55 PM

I wish they'd tried to spin off Diane with her own series. Shelley's at least as funny as Kelsey.

by Anonymousreply 89May 30, 2019 9:07 PM

[quote]Like salad and scrambled eggs?

Ewwww. Who the hell would want that as a....ohhhhhhh.

by Anonymousreply 90May 30, 2019 10:14 PM

I would love a Diane/Sam series. I always felt robbed that they didn't get together at the end.

R83, please, no. That was all for nothing, when they did get together they ruined the show. Not every show needs leads to get together; Niles and Daphne were a huge mistake. If they do the show I could take Niles, but without Daphne.

by Anonymousreply 91May 30, 2019 11:36 PM

IIt's a revival, not a reboot. A reboot is when they press the reset button (i.e. the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man films were a reboot of the ones with Tobey Maguire).

Frasier is one of those rare shows that stayed enjoyable throughout its run. It did go downhill somewhat when they got Niles and Daphne together, because Niles's unrequited passion for her was a great running gag, but even then there were still a lot of funny moments. I would rather they left it in the past than potentially tarnished it.

by Anonymousreply 92May 30, 2019 11:44 PM

No offense to Jane Leeves, but Daphne should be killed off.

by Anonymousreply 93May 31, 2019 12:19 AM

No, r93, too dark. We’d already be dealing with Martin’s death. It’s supposed to be a comedy.

Just do a backstory about why we don’t see her. Send her back to the fat farm or something.

by Anonymousreply 94May 31, 2019 12:26 AM

Send her to England to deal with sick mom or something. (Just don’t bring the annoying family back here!)

by Anonymousreply 95May 31, 2019 12:58 AM

Have her run off. In the beginning Daphne was this new age chick. They really changed her character after the first few seasons. Have her revert to type and run off leaving Niles behind.

by Anonymousreply 96May 31, 2019 1:06 AM

What's Laura Linney up to? Isn't that who he was off to surprise and be with in the finale?

Frasier and his son need to be polar opposites, politically and otherwise. That's the mistake they made with Murphy Brown, her son was liberal also, he should have been conservative to create friction.

Wendie Malick needs to be living with Niles or Frasier, perhaps they promised Martin they would take care of her.

Nile and Daphne divorced, son gay. Bring in Craig Ferguson to be Daphne's boyfriend, he was her boyfriend on Hot in Cleveland.

Roz settled down and married, called back to work on Frasier's new podcast or daytime tv talk show.

by Anonymousreply 97May 31, 2019 1:19 AM

R82 after learning that whole wide world doesn't revolve around its way of thinking. Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 31, 2019 2:22 AM

Love Trigglypuff!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 99May 31, 2019 2:25 AM

Frasier was largely a deadbeat dad.

Gaylord/Freddie should have issues.

by Anonymousreply 100May 31, 2019 3:42 AM

Little Lud should have been brought on as a guest star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 31, 2019 4:33 AM

[quote]Frasier and his son need to be polar opposites, politically and otherwise.

The problem with that is the show would focus on Frasier vs. the boring "typical Millennial snowflake." Grammer couldn't help himself and would wallow in lazy right-wing stereotypes, and it would end up being "Last Man Standing" but with more jokes about gewurztraminer.

by Anonymousreply 102May 31, 2019 3:31 PM

[quote]gewurztraminer

Gesundheit

by Anonymousreply 103May 31, 2019 6:44 PM

The grown-up Frederick was one of the ad guys on the last seasons of Mad Men. Worked I think for Peggy

by Anonymousreply 104May 31, 2019 6:50 PM

Please don’t mention Last Man Standing ever again.

by Anonymousreply 105June 5, 2019 4:13 AM

by Anonymousreply 106June 5, 2019 5:09 AM

What reboot hasn’t been awful?

by Anonymousreply 107June 5, 2019 5:14 AM

Joe Keenan better be at the helm.

by Anonymousreply 108June 5, 2019 5:29 AM

I can't bring myself to watch it now that dear John Mahoney is gone. I only tolerated the horrible Kelsey Grammer so I could see Mahoney,Peri Gilpin and Harriet Sansom Harris in action.

I agree with the poster who gave a shout-out to Jean Smart above. One of the most underused in underappreciated, comic actresses in America.

by Anonymousreply 109June 5, 2019 5:39 AM

Cut Daphne.

Make Frasier's son not a snowflake, but some tech nerd type who doesn't like opera.

by Anonymousreply 110June 14, 2019 4:46 PM

I like that they're allowing the character to evolve, again.

Reboots fail when they, essentially, dig up Mary and Ted Baxter's corpses, put them in the same job and on the same sets, with the actors just being 25 years older than the last time you saw them. Nostalgia, when it is this literal, is depressing.

And that's the way so many of these reboots play: completely safe and worthless.

by Anonymousreply 111June 14, 2019 5:09 PM

[quote]Have her run off. In the beginning Daphne was this new age chick. They really changed her character after the first few seasons. Have her revert to type and run off leaving Niles behind.

Run off with a woman. There's something on-the-nose but perfect about the scenario. It would be a funny reference to the ending of the 80s neo noir To Live and Die In LA.

They'd probably fear the crazed fangirls and never do it (I can't believe there were Nilse/Daphe shippers, but whatever).

Making Daphne into the new, almost, Lilith would be an interesting concept.

by Anonymousreply 112June 14, 2019 5:14 PM

I thought forfor sure it was going to read, seen clutching a handbag.........Grammer always struck me as on the downlow. Whatever he is he is a complete piece of shit. I never watched frasier or anything he has ever been in and cant stand him.

by Anonymousreply 113June 14, 2019 8:13 PM

Boy you sure showed everyone r113. Keep it up you one man parade of all things virtuous.

by Anonymousreply 114June 16, 2019 6:51 PM

I don’t think this is happening, I think he’s just getting started early on choosing the best kind of Christmas tree.

by Anonymousreply 115June 16, 2019 6:55 PM

Apparently he learned nothing from the Murphy Brown remake fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 116June 16, 2019 7:01 PM

I don't want to see some dopey douche nozzle who looks good shirtless as Frederick on as a weekly co-star. I hate shows that put so much focus on the adult kids of the star to play off of. It's always atrociously dull. Remember Happy Family (2003} with John Larroquette, Christine Baranski? He can pop in sometimes but he should be weird and schizophrenic.

by Anonymousreply 117June 16, 2019 10:08 PM

Episode 1: Stewie (Niles) Crane is dragged kicking and screaming out of the closet once and FOR ALL!

Is made to publicly admit he has never had even the slightest passing interest in Daphne Moon.

by Anonymousreply 118June 16, 2019 10:16 PM

I think it will be better than the Murphy Brown Fiasco because it won't have a political angle like that one Frasier was anti-politics thank goodness.

by Anonymousreply 119June 17, 2019 9:49 PM

I think it will be more like Grace And Frankie, dealing with dating in advanced age.

by Anonymousreply 120July 21, 2019 6:43 PM

Who wants to see this shit? I'd rather have a Cheers reboot...without Kelsey's annoying Republican ass.

by Anonymousreply 121July 21, 2019 6:49 PM

Let it die. I loved Frasier, but I can't get over Grammar's Trump-ian victim act.

by Anonymousreply 122July 21, 2019 6:55 PM

I loved the original Frasier but that KG not only was a Trump supporter but still is....I don't think I can ever watch him in anything. Simply KG's continuing support says of him that he is a pig about women, a racist, anti American, anti democracy, someone who hates the poor and wants to see people without healthcare or even food. I can't look at someone like that.

by Anonymousreply 123July 21, 2019 7:02 PM

Sadly there arent enough sophisticated intelligent Americans left to get the gist of the humor . 2 Broke Girls. Need I say more ?

by Anonymousreply 124July 21, 2019 7:05 PM

[quote]Sadly there arent enough sophisticated intelligent Americans left to get the gist of the humor .

Yeah, watching a show starring an unfunny Trump-loving cunt makes a person REALLY intelligent!

by Anonymousreply 125July 22, 2019 3:46 AM

I think he was holding up Two Broke Girls as an example of the unsophisticated audiences of today, r125, not endorsing it.

by Anonymousreply 126July 22, 2019 12:03 PM

Frasier was a great show, whatever psycho Kelsey’s politics are.

by Anonymousreply 127July 23, 2019 11:22 AM

Too bad there's a show called Second Act because the show could easily be called Third Act.

There's enough production infrastructure in Chicago to base the show there. Bring back Bebe Neuwirth. They can lament the fact that their son used his intellect to become something non intellectual. Frasier would be a grandfather by now. And probably a professor which would allow him to pontificate the way he did on his radio show.

by Anonymousreply 128July 23, 2019 11:42 AM

It was boring and stuffy and unfunny. Old people humor.

by Anonymousreply 129July 23, 2019 2:27 PM

Wasn't Two Broke Girls cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 130July 24, 2019 8:31 PM

It - may - be happening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 12, 2019 7:37 AM

Bring back Kelsey, David Hype Pierce, Laura Linney, Peri Gilpin and Frederick.

Frasier doesn't need Jane Leeves.

by Anonymousreply 132December 12, 2019 11:14 AM

I hope that there is a reboot, so that the media will finally expose what a disgusting deplorable Grammer is.

by Anonymousreply 133December 15, 2019 5:57 AM

His strippers, booze, coke, the world's unluckiest family history this side of the Kennedys, awful ex-wife, friend of Dubya, and Fox News watching have already been exposed.

by Anonymousreply 134December 16, 2019 12:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!