Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would you do anything if Trump had Obama, Hillary, or Mueller arrested?

I think that would be too much for me. I’d join the protest downtown and consider going to DC. Trump demands they be investigated which is already Fascist behavior. An arrest would be the end of the republic.

by Anonymousreply 34April 17, 2019 9:04 PM

No, just no!

by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2019 3:30 AM

Trump can't arrest anyone.

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2019 3:31 AM

I don't see how he could arrest Obama or Mueller, OP - what are you talking about?

Hillary could be arrested under the Espionage Act and for destroying evidence during an FBI investigation, so that's more realistic. And no, I wouldn't miss her for a moment if she was locked up. She gave us Trump with her shenanigans. Let her rot.

by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2019 3:34 AM

I would post a very STRONGLY written message on my social media.

by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2019 3:35 AM

The hallmark of a dictator is to arrest your political enemies. We aren't there yet. But fun fact, last year when protesting family separation, Rep Jayapal was arrested. About 18 months ago, Rep Gutierrez and 2 other congress people were arrested at a protest. Swalwell. Waters, AOC, Omar, have all received death threats.

So Democrats have been arrested for doing their job (protesting for political redress is part of the 1st amendment), and they have been threatened. So, OP, by the time "darkness at noon" is a reality, you wont be able to march.

R3, fuck off with your right wing Russian inspired propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2019 3:41 AM

No, Fuck you, r3, YOU and your sort, the unthinking Hillarybots with the fake "Russian Trolls everywhere!" claims, are exactly what got us Trump. YOU are responsible. You should hang your head in shame.

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2019 3:47 AM

[quote] When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2019 3:56 AM

Easy comrades!

by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2019 4:01 AM

Well, Trump is talking about it, and Barr is looking into it, whatever that means.

by Anonymousreply 9April 17, 2019 4:05 AM

[quote]I would post a very STRONGLY written message on my social media.

Are you Susan Collins, r4?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2019 4:12 AM

Jubilate.

by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2019 4:18 AM

R6, I get it. You are scared.. Try reading real news instead of repeating Russian propaganda you got from Reddit or 4chan or Fox News. Because when you repeat conspiracy nonsense, you feed the hysterica and fear that leads to the vilification of a political party.

R11, you're a busy little troll. Kisses.

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2019 4:21 AM

r12, You are right - I am scared. I think Trump will get back in at 2020 and all we Dems can do is scream RUSSIA. If we could get down to business, we might stand a chance. RUSSIAAAAA didn't work and doesn't work and will guarantee another Trump presidency.

Yes - I am scared.

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2019 4:28 AM

[quote]I don't see how he could arrest Obama or Mueller, OP - what are you talking about? Hillary could be arrested under the Espionage Act and for destroying evidence during an FBI investigation, so that's more realistic. And no, I wouldn't miss her for a moment if she was locked up. She gave us Trump with her shenanigans. Let her rot.

[quote]No, Fuck you, r3, YOU and your sort, the unthinking Hillarybots with the fake "Russian Trolls everywhere!" claims, are exactly what got us Trump. YOU are responsible. You should hang your head in shame.

[quote]r12, You are right - I am scared. I think Trump will get back in at 2020 and all we Dems can do is scream RUSSIA. If we could get down to business, we might stand a chance. RUSSIAAAAA didn't work and doesn't work and will guarantee another Trump presidency.

[quote]Yes - I am scared.

I guess Hillary Derangement Syndrome is permanent.

Also, blaming Clinton for losing by not voting for her.

What an idiot...

by Anonymousreply 14April 17, 2019 4:34 AM

What could we do? Congress is all talk. I would love to march on Washington but who would march with me...I have no weapons.

by Anonymousreply 15April 17, 2019 4:37 AM

R13, R14.

The OPs question was about trump arresting political opponents.

Pay attention. both of you are feeding the narrative that Clinton needs to be arrested. Are you disengenious trolls or just marinated in propaganda?

To be clear, you are pushing the narrative that a political opponent should be arrested, On a thread about how horrible that would be.

Let me guess, insight is a new vocabulary word.

by Anonymousreply 16April 17, 2019 4:43 AM

Also, to be perfectly clear, I did not bring up the topic of Clinton.

At. All. I named federal representatives who have been arrested by trumps administration., R13, R14 , you are the people talking about Clinton. Interesting

by Anonymousreply 17April 17, 2019 4:47 AM

Legally POTUS can name ANYONE an "Enemy Combatant" and ship them off to Gitmo without a trial. THIS is why the "Patriot" Act is so noxious and dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 18April 17, 2019 4:51 AM

[quote]you are the people talking about Clinton.

I'm telling the person talking about Clinton as if she were a criminal to piss off. It's called responding to a post.

None of these people will be arrested, because they haven't committed crimes.

by Anonymousreply 19April 17, 2019 4:54 AM

Stop calling them political opponents. If Crooked Hillary, Obama, or Mueller were to be arrested, it would be because they had done something that warranted it.

by Anonymousreply 20April 17, 2019 5:30 AM

Hillary was never a criminal, Obama was a real gift for the people of America and Mueller is a weakling and a disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 21April 17, 2019 6:41 AM

R14, I sincerely apologize. I misread what you wrote. Thank you for correcting me.

by Anonymousreply 22April 17, 2019 7:30 AM

[quote]Stop calling them political opponents. If Crooked Hillary, Obama, or Mueller were to be arrested, it would be because they had done something that warranted it.

Jesus, how in the fuck do you people function at all?

by Anonymousreply 23April 17, 2019 7:35 AM

r14, who the fuck says I didn't vote for Clinton? I was forced to by the deranged DNC, which, I am right to point out, has spent all the past two years screaming RUSSIA, not setting up for a 2020 victory. Yes, I now loathe Clinton and all her people. We need new blood, but if that new blood is also irrationally screaming RussiaRussiaRussia, we're finished.

by Anonymousreply 24April 17, 2019 7:42 AM

R24, Youve seen the Mueller report, unredacted. Well done. Please let reps Schiff and Nader. Last I heard the house is going to subpoena the DOJ and Mueller to get their hands on it.

Also, did you read the reports about Barrs connect to Russia? How did Barr explain that to you?

Also to McConnell and Rands state Kentucky, will get a fantastic new Russian aluminum plant. Announced today. Now, McConnell and Rand voted to lift sanctions. How did they explain to you they did not exchange their votes for a financial stake?

Please let us know all about how the Russians are not involved, since the thump admin, the Republican Party refuses to release documents.

Oh I'm sure you're also aware of a new international treaty between France, Germany, Canada, and Japan, signed today. To protect the world against, yes, Donald trump. I'm sure the fact he turned over our intelligence community to the Russians isn't a factor.

Trump is a. Russian asset, you fuckwit

by Anonymousreply 25April 17, 2019 7:55 AM

R24 seems triggered. Take your meds, nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 26April 17, 2019 8:17 AM

Another shit stirring Russian post. Obama Hillary and Mueller have not committed or been charged with any crimes. Completely exonerated as your retard in chief likes to say.

by Anonymousreply 27April 17, 2019 8:31 AM

Fuck R24, you Putinbot scum, and yes, I would take part in civil disobedience if this occurred.

by Anonymousreply 28April 17, 2019 8:32 AM

[quote] R20: Stop calling them political opponents. If Crooked Hillary, Obama, or Mueller were to be arrested, it would be because they had done something that warranted it.

The point is, what if they are arrested without doing anything to warrant It?

Trump has already called for their investigation. He’s not calling for crimes to be investigated. He’s calling for people to be investigated. Which is backwards. We don’t investigate people in the US. Until now, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 29April 17, 2019 3:11 PM

It's not going to happen Qbert

by Anonymousreply 30April 17, 2019 5:08 PM

All it needs to do is scare people. People decide they don’t need this grief, they don’t want the hassle. They write about something else. Or pursue something else. That’s how fascism intimidates a civil society.

by Anonymousreply 31April 17, 2019 5:14 PM

That's like asking "What would you do if unicorns were real?"

by Anonymousreply 32April 17, 2019 5:17 PM

[quote]r29 The point is, what if they are arrested without doing anything to warrant It?

Why the hell would they? Do you really think they would be arrested just like that without having done anything? Are you insane? Or have you just been watching too much Clinton News Network?

It's just so exasperating how fucking stupid some people are. NO, TRUMP WOULDN'T ARREST THEM JUST TO ARREST THEM!!! Can you get that into your deranged Russia conspiracy infected brains??

[quote]Trump has already called for their investigation.

Which is entirely appropriate. We know that Crooked Hillary deleted 30 000 emails AFTER being subpoenaed. To hide what? Bitch belongs behind bars and should never have been allowed to run as a presidential candidate in the first place. But the corrupt FBI let her off the hook after Bill, her HUSBAND, met AG Lynch on the tarmac.

by Anonymousreply 33April 17, 2019 7:25 PM

[quote] R33: Why the hell would they?

Because the corrupt President has been calling for it.

Oh, R33, Hillary was explicitly allowed to delete private emails. There was nothing suspicious about her actions. It’s only that Trump made a bid deal of it. He inflates things that are nothing.

by Anonymousreply 34April 17, 2019 9:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!